2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:01 am

Vigor 5
Resist Fatigue 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild Vigor 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 3: 1
And Elan makes 5!
No Fatigue.

Three rolls:
A: Notice -1 (-2 Visibility, +2 EDS, -1 Dim)
B: Strength -1 (-2 Storm, -2 Electronics, d12+3 from armor)
C: Repair -1 (-2 Visibility, +2 Mr. Fix-it,-1 Dim)--get benny for suffering the Visibility Penalty for fixing the Howdah.

Notice 1d8-1 = 2: 3
Wild Notice 1d6-1 = 5: 6 ACE 1d6+5 = 6: 1

Strength 1d12-1 = 5: 6
Wild Strength 1d6-1 = 2: 3

Repair 1d8-1 = 6: 7
Wild Repair 1d6-1 = 5: 6 ACE 1d6+5 = 10: 5
As the storm brews up, Ryder curses and shuts down the sensors on the Cassowary, muttering to Ashley. "Between the storm and the power fluctuations, those are worthless." He peers into the rapidly dimming light, making an effort to find a path ahead, trying to predict where the storm is going to cause additional difficulties driving. For the most part, he manages very well, taking a much more cautious approach to maneuvering the Aeon Cassowary, guiding it slowly but steadily forward through the storm and evading the suddenly appearing rivers and mud-pits.

However, there's no avoiding the tree that tips over after a massive lightning strike. He pulls up to a stop, and jumps out. Running to the tree, he gears up his armor's servos, which complain loudly as the storm interferes with their power supply. Steadily but forcibly, he manages to push the tree through the muck and mire until the road is clear, and dashes back to the Cassowary's driver's seat.

As they continue on through the storm, a massive wind comes up, rocking the vehicle to the side before it comes back upright with a THUD that shakes everyone inside. He pauses for a moment, frowning. "I think we've got trouble up top." Stopping, he jumps out again, and climbs up, finding the howdah is dangerously loose on a few of the couplings. He has Ash hand him up the toolkit, and starts furiously re-attaching it. Unable to re-weld it in the pouring rain, he opts to punch through with an awl and then bolt on extra straps of metal to keep it anchored.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:53 am

The demon queller looks up into the raging with a slight smile on her face. A ley line storm, my first ever!
She immidiately feels her energy dimished as the storm attacks her psychic self, but it also lashes out at her faith threatening to tear it a sunder. Lightning lashes out and Nazo’s smile does not abate. Strike me now my foe and I will be unleashed twice fold! The elements rain and sizzle down on her doing little to her body encased fully in her samurai armor.

Predictabaly the first thing she does is call to whatever gods have deemed them so unworthy. Her voice is filled with drunken spite as she either walks near Karsk or perhaps even rides in the saddle behind him. ” Is that it you cruel bitch? You think you know me? I am Nazo of Kyoto The Demon Queller and I have come for thee! Hahaha.” The storm seems to know its master.

Uncharacteristically the second thing she does is bring out her climbing rope and lash it to folks getting lost in the storm. Still in her drunken fury she calls out to the storm, ” Now that you are so feared. I will climb through your bouts and find sanctuary on the other side, not just for me but for those that you seek to lead astray!” The lightning responds doubly striking out at her feeble attempt to climb when walking is so much easier. Nazo responds the jab of the storm, ” Is that all you got? You don’t know me at all!”

In a unlikly moment of contimplation Nazo pauses looking deep within herself. Is this storm my own tormented feelings? She draws upon her spiritual self in a way only done so once befor on this jouney. Where is the safe path? Show me a sign. ” I am sorry... I am sorry.” The way is clear. I see it now. With her drunkenness forgotton she moves with determination unparralled. Her words have no doubt in them, ” This way. Over there that is the way out of the storm.”

At her words the storm surges in response! Rolling Thunder: A black, roiling cloud bursts along the ley line at about 60 mph. As it passes, everyone within it is drenched, knocked prone, and Shaken by tremendous thunderclaps.
Vigor Success, 3 successes to the dramatic task
!st Intimidate -1 fatigued: 1d6-1 = 5: 6 Ace 1d6 = 2: 2wild 1d6-1 = 4: 5
2nd Climb: -1 fatigue: 1d6-1 = 3: 4 wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3 Lightning: 2d6 = 11: 6, 5 ace 1d6 = 3: 3
3rd Mystisim by way of divination -1 fatigued: 1d10-1 = 3: 4 wild 1d6-1 = 3: 4 Benny for EF: 1d6+2 = 7: 5 leyline effect: 1d8 = 3: 3
Vigor roll -5 (-4 PPE, -1 Fatigued): 1d12-5 = 1: 6 wild 1d6-5 = -2: 3 I’ll drop the GM benny for being out side on extra effort with Elan: 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Lightning: 2d6 = 7: 3, 4
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:25 am

Task rolls, 1 success
1: Psionics: -1 Fatige, -2 psionics. Psionics 1d8-3 = 1: 4
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3

2: Notice: -1 fatigue, -2 rain. Notice 1d8-3 = 2: 5 Bennie for EE 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6-3 = -1: 2

3: Persuasion: -1 fatigue, -2 circumstance. Persuasion 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Bennie for EE 1d6+3 = 6: 3
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3

Lightning 2d6 = 7: 1, 6 Ace 1d6+7 = 9: 2
Having never seen a proper storm particularly not of the ley line variety Bari at first thinks that it looks fun, then the headache starts. He drifts down closer to the ground and sees the plight of his friends and their charges and is reminded that things which are trivial annoyances to him are quite lethal to more mortal beings. Swooping lower still to try and bolster the stamina of the less hardy but then the lightning starts, being higher up he is this first of many struck by the bolts and while it fails to harm him it does disrupt his concentration, causing the power to fizzle out. Then he tries to locate a safe haven for the group. positioning and his natural ability to see in the dark should give him an edge in this but it in fact works against him as he's buffeted by the winds and blinded by the lightning. The dragon actually gets quite disoriented by it, colliding with some trees and crashing to the turf.

Unharmed again he shakes his head as clear as the headache will allow and notices Ashleys pyrotechnic display, then the treeline he landed in begins to tear up out of the ground and float towards the group, assembling themselves into a shelter. A few of the refugees had decided to take shelter in said copse and seeing they were still in danger Bari tries to talk them into the shelter his teammates had been constructing. "I know she seems mean and scary sometimes but Ms. Ashley is trying to keep you safe! Come on, let's get to the lean to." The stragglers in the trees return to the fold under the protection of Bari's wings.
Last edited by Barinthasheer on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Violet lightning cracks down, striking near the passenger side door on the cab in the Cassowary. Ash flinches away from it, but the glancing blow only sends a few arcs at the door itself...the cab provides more than adequate protection. For her at least.

A lot of people out there weren't so lucky.

Ash unlocked the door and slammed her helmet on over her head.

"I'm going out back to try to get some cover for the refugees," she said. Then she was jumping out of the Cassowary, slamming the door shut behind her and running into the deluge even as her head pulsed and pounded in time with the unearthly lightning that constantly stabbed overhead.

"Okay!" she shouted, waving her hands over her head to try to get their attention. "I need everyone to listen up! Gather into as small a group as you can, and..." Ash trailed off. The people were crying and panicking...some already starting to try to break away, take their chances in the woods or something. No one seemed to even know she was there.

"Guys! I'm going to..."

Several refugees stood up and started shouting conflicting orders, trying to get everyone to split up, run away....everything was going wrong.

Prosek's sweaty balls.

The sky over the refugee's heads suddenly caught fire, becoming a rippling sheet of flame. Ashley shouted, "EVERYONE FUCKING SHUT UP AND LISTEN!" As if on cue, a bolt of lighting lanced down, attracted by the use of power...it crashed over her armor, grounding out without doing more than making St Elmo's Fire blaze along her outline.

Forty terrified eyeballs moved to stare at Ashley.

"I'm making shelter. Everyone HUDDLE UP!"

She didn't give them time to think. In a way this was maybe even better. The anger gave her a clarity that cut through the pain and interference of the storm.

The trees whipping wildly around, suddenly all started bending towards the spot that the refugees cowered, unsure what to be more afraid of...the storm, or the burster. Wood groaned, then splintered, with sounds like gunfire, and the trunks sailed across to start piling up between the wind and rain and the people. Then another, and another. Each tree wrenched from the ground by telekinetic force, steaming and smoldering as Ashley yanked it across and drove it into the ground, or leaned it against others...creating a sort of improvised lean-to on a massive scale.

Lightning damage (in Cassowary) 2d6 = 3: 1, 2
Rolls: Psionics 12, Persuasion (Crit fail), Intimidation 4, 1 benny spent
Psionics 1d12-3 = 1: 4 or 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Persuasion 1d6-1 = 0: 1 or 1d6-1 = 0: 1
Lightning falls; everyone dies 2d6 = 5: 3, 2
Intimidation 1d6-1 = 4: 5 or 1d6-1 = 2: 3

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:34 am

Vigor 9, lightning just tickled
Vigor Check for being outside (taking a Benny)
Vigor 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Use that Benny for EE + Elan 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Damage 2d6 = 4: 2, 2
"Ruddy nob-warblers, what in the Miltonian hells is ... oh, shite-biscuits, the bloody ley line's a-'sploding!"

Roused from a drug-enhanced doze on the bow of the Cassowary, Vik's first instinct is to dive for cover ... which sends him off the edge of the vehicle and into the mud. As he claws his way out of the muck and back into a standing position, an errant bolt of ley line lightning nearly knocks him off his feet again.

"God's hairy hammock that was ... like a triple shot of Croatian speed and Jamaican sugarcane! Better'n a helpin' hand from a velveteen rabbit! Why'd they not teach us that in magickin' school?"

As he looks around, hoping for another blast, Vik realizes that not everyone in the caravan has his tolerance for the sort of spine-twisting buzz offered by the blue bolts of lightning.

"Oy, could be a mite much for the norms, as what ain't had 'nuffin keener than a cuppa java in a pinch. Now, what did they teach us 'bout this stuff in magickin' school?"

Thinking back on the time he spent at the Foundry learning the techo-wizardry basics, Vik realizes the blue bolts are behaving much like normal lightning, seeking to ground themselves in the earth, but seeking the path of least resistance to do so. People -- even norms with only a faint aura of background PPE -- are that path ... Unless Vik can give the bolts something better to follow.

Vik's eye lands on the Cassowary's cannon, strapped to the side, and his mind starts working -- surprisingly well, and at mach speed, to boot. Giving himself a shot of go-go juice, more to try to extend the buzz from the lightning than anything else, he quickly rigs up a simple but effective pulley that will carry the cannon away from the Cassowary and sling it into the mud at just the right angle to allow him to haul it upright with a minimum of effort.

"Have it right back, in mostly same shape, I'm sure, Ryder mate. Probably, unless somefin' I haven't thought of happens. Which it could, but maybe won't. I mean, who even knows what you don't know?"

With the cannon planted like a tree in the muck, he retrieves his bag of arcane bits and bobs and begins coating the 20-foot cylinder with whatever he can -- galvanic silver dust, oricalchum wire, some kind of grey-green oil he thinks might be narwhal blubber, or maybe heffalump spit.

Soon, blue bolts of energy are crashing into the pillar at increasing pace, grounding through the cannon rather than finding other targets -- other than Vik, who keeps a hand on the cannon and cackles, wild-eyed and breathless, as the mystical lightning surges through his brain.

"Oh my twisted testoster-bangles, this is grrrrrrrr -eat! Like a vibrato-erating pinkie round the back when you're just about to ... vicar's whiskers I think I just swallowed my right frontal lobe. We could make a fortune stuffing this in a pipe, I'm telling you mates!"

8 Successes - Kn: Arcana/Kn: Engineering/Techno-Wizardry
Kn: Arcana 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4 = 1 Success

Kn: Engineering 1d8 = 6: 6 = Ace! 1d6+6 = 12: 6 = Ace! 1d6+12 = 15: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 = Ace! 1d6+6 = 12: 6 = Ace! 1d6+12 = 17: 5 = 4 Successes

Techno-Wizardry (Machine Maestro cancels out the -4) 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny to reroll + Elan
Techno-Wizardry 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Second Benny to reroll + Elan
Techno-Wizardry 1d10+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 = Ace! 1d6+8 = 11: 3 = 3 Successes


Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:28 am

Nazo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:50 pm
Nazo wondering over to Karsk and shakes her head slowly deleting the last 5 minutes, ” Mind if I ride with you on our way out of here?”
Karsk is disturbed from his thoughts by Nazo and turns to look at the female Demon Queller

"Karsk appreciate company, Toad more reliable than vehicle." he responds, picking up a few items.


As they travel, Karsk is unaffected by the weather; it was a normal day for him, having travelled through worse.

vigour 6
OOC Comments
1d8-2 = 6: 8
1d6-2 = 3: 5
As the leyline storm struck
OOC Comments
notice 1d8-2 = 0: 2
1d6-2 = 1: 3

-2 visibility from rain
-1 fatigue
+1 from Toad
OOC Comments
Karsk has energy control water, but guessing any benefit would be offset by the Psionics penalty
Survival 12
OOC Comments
1d10+1 = 9: 8
1d6+1 = 7: 6 1d6 = 5: 5

-2 visibility from rain
-1 fatigue
+2 from Joker
Seeing how the rain and storm are hitting the area, Karsk has Toad stamp into the ground near where they are. the ground partly subsides, suddenly causing a redoubt to be created protecting people from the rain.


Riding
OOC Comments
1d8-5 = -3: 2
1d6-5 = -2: 3
As the ground subsides, providing protection from the rain and lightning, Toad stumbles on the uneven ground and lands on its side with a groan. Karsk was unable to prevent Toad from falling over, but managed to stay on the saddle.


3 successes

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:50 am

Hiding in the cassowary Thomas hate the building weather. People are good enough on their own to find shelter he assumes, but when he looks the fools are just standing around a bit like morons. Looking for their leaders and the people who actually have power Thomas gets to him and yells at him to get the people under control.

Then he begins working withe them looking for the right place to safely take the crews. However their resistance to his wisdom is frustrating and Thomas finds he really needs to poor it on to get them motivated. Ah, what foolish people.

-1 Fatigue, 3 successes, Lightning 6
Vigor 1d4-4 = -2: 2
Wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5 Extra Effort 1d6+1 = 3: 2

Politics to identify the movers and Shakers. +2 from joker
Politics 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Survival to find proper shelter
Survival 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d8 = 7: 7

Persuasion to get them moving. -2 from Club
Persuasion 1d8+4 = 5: 1
Wild 1d6+4 = 9: 5

Lightning Hates Me 2d6 = 6: 2, 4
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 am

Date: October 4, 109 PA
Time: 1330
Weather: Normal for season (cool); high wind, heavy rain
Location: Wilderness (north of Stillwater, OK)
Ley Line: Small: 2,000 feet wide, 200 feet tall, one mile long. Quarter mile to the northwest and three quarters to the southeast.
Scene modifiers: Ley Line Storm
  • Light: Dim -1 from the storm
  • Visibility: -2 for the rain
  • Any rolls to use electrical equipment suffer a −2 penalty, while trying to use Techno-Wizard items incurs a −4 penalty.
  • No one, including Ley Line Walkers, can tap into the extra PPE of a ley line.
  • Any attempt to use magic or mystical power requires a roll on the Ley Lines Storm Effect on Magic table (GM Handbook, p. 86)
  • Psionics suffer a -2 to all Psionics skill rolls and an overall Fatigue level that goes away after 10 minutes out of the area of the storm.
Round 0

***

Bravely facing the storm, working together, the Trailblazers manage to get all the refugees protected and into some form of shelter. As the ley line storm begins to ebb, it gives one last furious gasp, lancing purple ley lightning at the magic users again.
Ley lightning
All PPE users or those carrying magic items or TW items take another 2d6 MD lightning damage. Ad +16 MDC to your Toughness if you are inside the Cassowary.
Finally you are clear of the storm and have a moment to catch your breath and continue on your way home. For those gifted with psionics, their headaches and fatigue clear soon after.

***

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1911
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 0

Four days of travel after the ley line storm finds the Trailblazers and their refugees a few miles south of the ruins of Kansas City and the river crossing of Baldur’s Ferry. The day was overcast and the cool fall rain started again, along with a light wind as the sun set. The group pushed on a bit more before grumbling from the refugees led the caravan to pull up in the yard of an farmstead. The clouds covered the moon and stars, leaving the night especially dark, and the wind sighed and rattled in the trees, the leaves now turning, dry and rattling eerily as the refugees and Trailblazers unloaded from the Cassowary, eager perhaps for a true home-cooked meal.

The house and barn still stood and looked to be in good condition, apparently a prosperous farm from the fields full of corn. The pasture was empty, though, and no light shone from any of the buildings, and no one greeted the group with a laser rifle demanding to know what they wanted.
Instructions
  • Feel free to give me some Notice rolls. What do you want to do?
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.
  • Remember your Fatigue levels! I gave everyone with Psionics their automatic Fatigue level.
  • Summary of Penalties (they stack)
    • Light: -2
    • Rain: -1

[/list]
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 am

Leyline damage: 2d6 = 6: 4, 2
Notice 5
Notice +2 alertness. Rain does not seem to be a “storm”. Going to the barn with Karsk. 1d6+2 = 4: 2 wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4 has sixth sense.
Despite being zapped by more lightning Nazo seems content riding on Toad with Karsk siliently drinking the a bit of liquor now and then. Its nice that the Simvan does not talk too much. The quite seemed to do her good as the last time in the library she had almost chopped Thomas’ head off. Love it seemed was a tangled web and despite her best intentions Charlegemainge was right. Romance in this group was impossible. Ash would remain forever an unpeeled onion. Thomas a man out of her league. She took another swing of the foul tasting gut rot wishing she had asked Vik for some of his stores.

At the sight of the barn she hopped off road with a light feather touch. In perfect simvan she said using her psychic gifts, ” Thank you toad for the relaxing ride. Karsk let’s go check out the barn.” She headed to the barn with all her armor and weapons (sheathed) expecting the unexpected.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:13 am

Notice 16, 18 for Traps
Notice 1d8 = 8: 8 ACE 1d8+8 = 14: 6
Wild Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
(Add +2 for EDS, and additional +2 for Traps)
Note: Danger Sense
Once they've pulled up, Ryder frowns at the all-quiet farm in such good condition. He turns to the refugees. "Okay, I know we're all cramped, so you can get out, but stay near the vehicle, and don't pull out any of your camping gear just yet. If there's trouble here, I want you all loaded back in the Cass in 10 seconds, not half an hour, okay?"

Turning to Ashley, he nods. "Figure we need to scope out the house. No way they didn't see us coming, so I'm concerned there may be an issue--we'd either have been welcomed or challenged if all was right with the world. I got scanners in my head that give me a tip-off, so let me go first, but I'd love to have some strong back-up there."

With that said, he hops out and draws his GAW, pointing it downward in as non-threatening fashion as a three-mode shotgun can be, and starts for the house.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:03 am

Ashley glanced at Ryder, a little surprised, but nodded.

"I dunno...seems quiet, maybe they're just hiding in the basement. Or maybe they already moved on." She didn't mention the other possibility...that they were all dead already. There wasn't a reason to...it was the most likely, after all.

She followed him towards the farmhouse, sparing a glance at Nazo and Karsk as they headed towards the barn. It felt off. Maybe it was just paranoia, but...

As they headed to the house, Ashley opened her mind to the world around her, trying to tell if there was anything to her nagging premonitions of doom, or if things really were as quiet as they seemed...


(Using Detect Arcana; will roll Notice too)
Rolls: Detect Arcana 8, Notice 17, 2 ISP spent
Detect Arcana: 1d12 = 8: 8 or 1d6 = 1: 1
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2 or 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
So noticeworthy 1d6 = 5: 5

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Lightning damage 9
2d6 = 9: 4, 5
Notice
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Arriving at the farm even Bari think's it a bit odd there are no animals or people. "This is oddly peaceful. Much better than all the yelling and shooting when I normally go to a farm." When the group starts to split he's torn, who knows what amazing things could be in either building. He decides the one with the very large door might be a better idea and he wheels towards Nazo and Karsk, landing with a thud. "Hey guys, what do you think is in there? Will they be friendly? Should I turn small?" After several uneventful days the boy dragon was eager for an adventure or mystery.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Sparks and Zaps
Damage 2d6 = 9: 5, 4
Notice = Fail
Notice 1d8-3 = 3: 6
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3

Light: -2 Rain: -1
"Nah, Berry, you should walk over there and open one of those big doors for us while nice and armored. Your invulnerability will do a lot better for you than being squishy."

OOC Comments
@Barinthasheer
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Barinthasheer wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:38 pm
Lightning damage 9
Original post: 2d6 = 9: 4, 5
Notice
Notice Original post: 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Arriving at the farm even Bari think's it a bit odd there are no animals or people. "This is oddly peaceful. Much better than all the yelling and shooting when I normally go to a farm." When the group starts to split he's torn, who knows what amazing things could be in either building. He decides the one with the very large door might be a better idea and he wheels towards Nazo and Karsk, landing with a thud. "Hey guys, what do you think is in there? Will they be friendly? Should I turn small?" After several uneventful days the boy dragon was eager for an adventure or mystery.
Nazo quietly whispers, ” Do not give up that which gives you your greatest strength. But if something does come and I or Karsk do not yell attack hold because they may attack out of fear of not knowing better. We would not want to hold that against anyone.” She smiles slightly, ” Last thing we want is for you to eat a farmer defending his family.”
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Nazo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Nazo quietly whispers, ” Do not give up that which gives you your greatest strength. But if something does come and I or Karsk do not yell attack hold because they may attack out of fear of not knowing better. We would not want to hold that against anyone.” She smiles slightly, ” Last thing we want is for you to eat a farmer defending his family.”

Chuckling at her friendly jibe "I would not hurt people for being afraid and protecting themselves, I just leave. Even bad people like WildBill when I was alone. Now I would stop them from hurting you guys, if it was scared but maybe nice people I would try not to hurt them when doing so."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:12 pm

No damage, Notice 12 with detect arcana
LIghtning damage 2d6 = 5: 2, 3

Activating detect arcana optics on his rifle (+4 MM out of combat)
TW 1d10+4 = 10: 6
Wild 1d6+4 = 5: 1

Notice, using the scope (+4 MM out of combat)
Notice 1d6+4 = 10: 6 = Ace! 1d6+10 = 13: 3
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Forgot -1 for rain (helmet takes care of the darkness) so total is 12.
"Buggering box-wallies. Feels like the ol' bladder's been locked in a boot and sat on by a overweight fishwife," Vik says, joints popping as he drops from the roof of the Cassowary and stretches.

He locks his helmet into place before taking a good long piss in the nearest bush, one hand on his rifle (the TW one) just in case the farm turns out unfriendly. Business done, he activates the arcane optics on the rifle and scans the area for any signs of inhabitants, ambushers or the like.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Thomas wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:13 pm
Sparks and Zaps
Damage Original post: 2d6 = 9: 5, 4
Notice = Fail
Notice Original post: 1d8-3 = 3: 6
Wild Original post: 1d6-3 = 0: 3

Light: -2 Rain: -1
"Nah, Berry, you should walk over there and open one of those big doors for us while nice and armored. Your invulnerability will do a lot better for you than being squishy."

With a big draconic grin Bari bounds back into the air and flies towards the barn. "An excellent Idea Mr. Thomas!"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:37 am

Notice 4
OOC Comments
1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 4: 4
Karsk kept quiet as they travelled out in front
Nazo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 am
At the sight of the barn she hopped off road with a light feather touch. In perfect simvan she said using her psychic gifts, ” Thank you toad for the relaxing ride. Karsk let’s go check out the barn.” She headed to the barn with all her armor and weapons (sheathed) expecting the unexpected.
"Toad not speak. he tells Nazo, patting the giant creature on the head.

Karsk did get down from Toad, but urged the Rhino Buffalo forward after him, as he checked the area for sign of trouble.

"Wait, just because place looks quiet does not mean place is quiet."

Tracking 11
OOC Comments
1d10+2 = 5: 3
1d6+2 = 8: 6 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Survival 9
OOC Comments
1d10+2 = 4: 2
1d6+2 = 8: 6 1d6+8 = 9: 1

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:12 am

Barinthasheer wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm
With a big draconic grin Bari bounds back into the air and flies towards the barn. "An excellent Idea Mr. Thomas!"
Never having been a fan of taking risks, Thomas erects a shield around himself as Berry reaches out to open the door.

Activating armor, both results are raises
Powers up his Leather of Invulnerability (-1 PPE), Darksight, and Farsight

Ex Darksight (2 PPE -2 for raise = 0 PPE)
spellcasting 1d8+1 = 6: 5
wild 1d6+1 = 7: 6 Ace 1d6+7 = 12: 5

Ex Farsight (6 PPE -2 for raise = 4 PPE)
spellcasting 1d8+1 = 8: 7
wild 1d6+1 = 2: 1

PPE drawn 50% from staff and 50% from Thomas (3/2 respectivly)
Last edited by Thomas on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 am

Barinthasheer wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm
Thomas wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:13 pm
Sparks and Zaps
Damage Original post: 2d6 = 9: 5, 4
Notice = Fail
Notice Original post: 1d8-3 = 3: 6
Wild Original post: 1d6-3 = 0: 3

Light: -2 Rain: -1
"Nah, Berry, you should walk over there and open one of those big doors for us while nice and armored. Your invulnerability will do a lot better for you than being squishy."

With a big draconic grin Bari bounds back into the air and flies towards the barn. "An excellent Idea Mr. Thomas!"
Nazo seethes realizing now that Thomas while brave and bold is a moron. Having the dragon burst in was perhaps the worst idea. They only way to make it worse would be to have Toad come bounding in hot on his heels, ”Barry Stop!!!!”

Nazo forgetting any kind of stealth ran and bounded for the door as fast as she could trying to prevent Barry from making a possibly grievious error.

If I had time Thomas I would chid you for being a moron. Perhaps later, alone and in private.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Nazo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 am
Barinthasheer wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm
Thomas wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:13 pm
Sparks and Zaps
Damage Original post: 2d6 = 9: 5, 4
Notice = Fail
Notice Original post: 1d8-3 = 3: 6
Wild Original post: 1d6-3 = 0: 3

Light: -2 Rain: -1
"Nah, Berry, you should walk over there and open one of those big doors for us while nice and armored. Your invulnerability will do a lot better for you than being squishy."

With a big draconic grin Bari bounds back into the air and flies towards the barn. "An excellent Idea Mr. Thomas!"
Nazo seethes realizing now that Thomas while brave and bold is a moron. Having the dragon burst in was perhaps the worst idea. They only way to make it worse would be to have Toad come bounding in hot on his heels, ”Barry Stop!!!!”

Nazo forgetting any kind of stealth ran and bounded for the door as fast as she could trying to prevent Barry from making a possibly grievious error.

If I had time Thomas I would chid you for being a moron. Perhaps later, alone and in private.
Dropping back to the ground shortly before the door at Nazo's demand the dragon looks back to see what the problem is. "What is the problem, I can open the door. It does not look very heavy... Ohhh, if there are people in there it might not go well." It having been a week since anyone had run screaming from him the boy dragon had "forgotten" that it happens frequently when meeting new people. Why do humans have to be so easily frightened he wondered. Something else to ask Mr. Vik. Or maybe Ashley, Vik was nice and always tried to be helpful but Bari had learned that he wasn't exactly the best communicator.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 am

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1913
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 0
Locations
Let me know if I have these right:
At the House: Ryder, Ashley
At the Barn: Nazo, Karsk, Bari
In the Yard: Vik, Thomas, Charlemagne
Charlemagne stayed back to keep an eye on the vehicles, with Whiskey Pete and Mia offering backup and corralling the refugees to keep them safely out of the way while the Trailblazers investigated the farmstead.

At the house, Ryder and Ashley climbed up onto the porch. Ryder noticed it seems a bit...darker there. It was subtle. In one corner of the porch, behind what seemed to be a pile of firewood, he saw what looked to be a skull and pile of bones. It appeared to be from a dog.

Ashley noticed, too, that her armor night vision, while it worked, seemed to require more power than normal, the darkness slightly...thicker. That became apparent when she activated her mystic senses. There seemed to be magic leaking out of the house, and curtains of magical energy seemed to weave into the shadows inside the windows, thickening them. She thought she saw movement inside.

In the yard, Vik noticed the same threads of arcane energy in the air. They almost seem like thin black silk infusing the darkness, thickening it. He glanced over at the nearby corral and nudged Thomas. With his darksight and farsight Thomas could see skeletons in the pasture. They appeared to be cattle and horses.

As Karsk crossed the yard toward the barn, he studied the ground. He picked out small little divots in the soil, like something sharp. Further study seemed to indicate that they were from some many-legged creature about the size of a dog.

At the barn, Bari nearly charged right in, though Nazo stopped him. As she was warning Bari back, Nazo and Karsk thought they heard something inside the barn. Click, click, click.
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.
  • Remember your Fatigue levels! I gave everyone with Psionics their automatic Fatigue level.
  • Summary of Penalties (they stack)
    • Light: -2
    • Rain: -1

[/list]
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:51 am

Notice Fail (except traps), Stealth 16 OR Strength 24
Rolls that might be needed:

Notice (+2 EDS, -2 Lighting):
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
+2 for Traps: 5
-2 for Danger Sense: 1

Stealth (if door is either unlatched or unlocked, +2 for Thief):
Sneakiness 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild Stealth 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ACE 1d6+8 = 14: 6 ACE 1d6+14 = 16: 2

Kick in a Door (if latched and locked):
Strength 1d12+3 = 15: 12 ACE 1d12+15 = 24: 9
Wild Strength 1d6+3 = 7: 4

Ryder frowns at both the weird non-lighting and at the dog skull. "That cannot be a good sign. Think I'm gonna skip knocking, at this point." He gives a quick check to make sure Ash is still ready, then attempts to open the door--in order, pushing with the barrel of the gun, then reaching out with his off hand to turn the knob, then, if it's both latched and locked, attempting to kick it in, relying on the servos of the armor to do the job.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 am

Thomas speaks out loud and over the radio so everyone can hear. "Um, guys we have a lot of undead here. I mean a whole lot. May want to be on guard."

The words spoken Thomas readies himself, things are about to get really bad. Moving backwards away from the barn Thomas makes sure he will not be in the middle of something real bad...

Knowledge Arcana to see if anything stands out
Knowledge Arcana 1d10 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm

notice 14
OOC Comments
1d8 = 8: 8 ace 1d8+8 = 14: 6
1d6 = 4: 4
Karsk examines the dirt and finds something suspicious.

"Wait, something in there. Size of dog with more legs."

Karsk unslings his rifle and aims it at the barn. Karsk urged Toad to remain calm and not charge into the barn as Karsk activates the armour talisman.

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:07 pm

"Might wanna strap a bonnet on, friend Tom, as it's lookin' as the proverbial shite 'pears to have struck the spinning blades of the fan to send a veritable cyclone of fecal-type things in our direction," Vik says, flipping down the visor on his own brain-bucket. "Shame if them lustrous locks got all be-shitted and ol' Naz went scratching up some other man-tree, wot."

Digging out his View-Master of Mastery, Vik zaps himself with a quick cram-sesh on target-shooting, before readying his rifle to cover the farmhouse.

+4d to Shooting from Boost Trait
TW 1d10, -2 MAP for drawing his device, but +4 for Machine Maestro (since we're still technically out of combat)

TW 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Benny to reroll with Elan
TW 1d10+4 = 10: 6
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Boost Trait with a Raise grants +4d Shooting, +2 Pace and +1d Agility; costs 5 PPE
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm

On hearing Thomas, Ashley adds her own warning. "I don't know about undead, but there's definitely some kind of...power, all woven into the shadows around the house. I think that's why it's hard to see around here. We're going to want to be careful."

Acting on those words, Ash concentrates...in her mind's eye she's building a sort of 'wall' around herself. The floorboards flex and groan under her, and flecks of dust and grit float lazily into the air to orbit the burster, propelled by the unseen forces she harnesses. After a moment's thought she reaches out to gingerly touch Ryder's shoulder and he too feels the air shiver around him. Sounds become slightly muffled, and a constant breeze starts tugging at him.

(Greater Armor on self and Ryder; 10 ISP spent)
1d12 = 4: 4 or 1d6 = 1: 1 for me (+5 MDC)
1d12 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 5: 5 for Ryder (+5 MDC)

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:41 am

Click, Click, Click...

Nazo swiftly peers into the unseen sight a common enough place for Demons and their ilk to hide. But her prayers go unanswered. Something about this place seemed off. Her rosey lips frown slightly and she mutters to Karsk and Barry, ” Do you hear clicking sounds? Where are the shrieks or crys for help.” She points her soul forged dagger at Bari for emphasis that someone should be crying out for help thinking they were going to be a light snack for the large dragon.

She lightly steps a few paces away from the barn door oft to the right side of them, and summonds her prayer and training to make her skin harder than steel. Even Barry’s claws would have difficult penetrating her steel like hide.

She whispers urgently, ” Barry open the door. Prepare yourselves.”
OOC Comments
Detect Arcana(Free Action, at will no PPE): Mysticism 1d10 = 1: 1 wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Movement: Leap two inches to the right of the barn door, her weapons are already drawn.
Exalted Armor (Harden Skin): 1d10 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 3: 3 Benny with Extra Effort(total): 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:21 am

Nazo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:41 am
Click, Click, Click...

Nazo swiftly peers into the unseen sight a common enough place for Demons and their ilk to hide. But her prayers go unanswered. Something about this place seemed off. Her rosey lips frown slightly and she mutters to Karsk and Barry, ” Do you hear clicking sounds? Where are the shrieks or crys for help.” She points her soul forged dagger at Bari for emphasis that someone should be crying out for help thinking they were going to be a light snack for the large dragon.

She lightly steps a few paces away from the barn door oft to the right side of them, and summonds her prayer and training to make her skin harder than steel. Even Barry’s claws would have difficult penetrating her steel like hide.

She whispers urgently, ” Barry open the door. Prepare yourselves.”
OOC Comments
Detect Arcana(Free Action, at will no PPE): Mysticism Original post: 1d10 = 1: 1 wild Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Movement: Leap two inches to the right of the barn door, her weapons are already drawn.
Exalted Armor (Harden Skin): Original post: 1d10 = 3: 3 Wild Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3 Benny with Extra Effort(total): Original post: 1d6+5 = 9: 4
When Nazo enhances her armor Bari take it as a que to use his own powers preemptively. He focuses his mental resources on boosting hi coordination and reflexes, then he extends the effect to also boost Nazo, Karsk, and Toad.
Cast Boost Fighting, success +1d type
Psionics 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:26 am

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1914
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 1

Charlemagne remained by the Cassowary with Mia and Whiskey Pete to protect the refugees, moving them behind the vehicle for cover from the farm yard, barn, and house.
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the House).
  • Zone 1: Ryder, Ashley, 10 Minions
  • Zone 2: No one
  • Zone 3: Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 9 Minions
  • Zone 4: Charlemagne, Cassowary, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees


Initiative
We’ll do side initiative. Players go first. Karsk and Bari got Jokers and get +2 to Trait and Damage rolls. Everyone gets 2 bennies!
As Ryder kicked in the door the house, whatever was inside let out a screech. It was hard to make out in the thick darkness, but he and Ashley could see skittering, multi-legged forms the size of dogs swarming around in the house, shadow black mandible clacking wickedly, multifaceted black eyes staring at them with malice and hunger. They could make out even more of the skittering things seeming to pull themselves out of the shadows of the dark house.

Over at the barn, the doors banged open and dog-sized skittering, multi-legged creatures surged out into the night to attack the Trailblazers, snapping sharp mandibles and swinging wickedly sharp legs. More seemed to pull themselves out of the darkness. In the back of the barn they could just make out a slightly larger creature giving a shriek of rage.
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.
  • Remember your Fatigue levels! I gave everyone with Psionics their automatic Fatigue level.
  • Summary of Penalties (they stack)
    • Light: -2
    • Rain: -1

[/list]


***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC 3r) 8D
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC 3r) JD
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) Joker
Vik (Detect Arcana 3r) 4H
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC)
Barinthasheer Joker
Ashley (Detect Arcana 2r)(Greater Armor +5 MDC 3r) KS
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight) 4C
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Enemies: Endless Rules: (+1d6 Minions on a Club)

Queen WC 3D
Minions (19) 8C
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 6/2
Mia 6/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:29 am

OOC Comments
Action to flip switch from Big Bore rounds to Buckshot rounds.
Shooting RoF 3 Buckshot, trying to take out three of the minions.
Modifiers: MAP -2, Helmet +2, Buckshot +2, Recoil 0, Illumination (0 or -2, if darkness is magical in nature and trumps nightvision armor mode)
Burns 9 shots, functionally emptying one row of ammo; 1 row buckshot, 2 Big Bore and 1 slug remaining
Shooting RoF 3 1d12+2 = 4: 2
Shooting RoF 3 1d12+2 = 11: 9
Shooting RoF 3 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild Shooting 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ACE 1d6+8 = 11: 3

All three shots hit with a Raise, even if there was an Illumination penalty:
Damage 1 3d8+2 = 13: 8, 1, 2 + 1d6 = 3: 3 ACE Running Total 1d8+16 = 20: 4 Damage 20
Damage 2 3d8+2 = 18: 8, 7, 1 + 1d6 = 3: 3 ACE Running Total 1d8+21 = 25: 4 Damage 25
Damage 3 3d8+2 = 19: 7, 4, 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2 Damage 21
As the nasties come skittering and screeching out of the darkness, Ryder flips the switch almost on pure muscle-memory--buckshot being the way to go with small hordes of things like this, if you don't have a grenade launcher handy. He then lays down a withering burst of gunfire, nearly clearing one of the GAW's rows of ammunition as he puts a punishing hit on the three closest spider-demon-things.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 am

Rolls
Activating Quickness, then firing at ROF 3 with his magma blaster at creepy-crawlies in the barn; Round 2 he shoots again at ROF 3.

Quickness (1d10 +2 MM -2 MAP)
Techno-Wizardry 1d10 = 10: 10 = Ace! 1d10+10 = 18: 8 = Success with a Raise; Redraw Initiative if under 8
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

Magma Blaster (Shooting is up to 1d12+2 base, +2 from armor, +2 to hit from gun, +2 MM, armor negates darkness penalty, gun grants Rock'N'Roll to negate autofire penalty, -2 MAP)
Shooting 1 1d12+6 = 15: 9 = Hit with a Raise
Shooting 2 1d12+6 = 12: 6 = Hit with a Raise
Shooting 3 1d12+6 = 7: 1
Wild 1d12+6 = 8: 2 = Subbing in for #3 for a Hit with a Raise

Round 2 Magma Blaster
Shooting 1 1d12+8 = 20: 12 = Ace! 1d12+20 = 31: 11 = Hit with a Raise
Shooting 2 1d12+8 = 15: 7 = Hit with a Raise
Shooting 3 1d12+8 = 13: 5 = Hit with a Raise
Wild 1d12+8 = 18: 10 = Copy Pasta error, should have been 1d6+8, but not needed anyway

DAMAGE ROLLS (6 hits, all raises)
3d8+4 = 16: 2, 3, 7+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = 18 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 10: 4, 1, 1+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = 12 damage, AP 7 = Using a Benny to reroll 3d8+4 = 18: 4, 2, 8+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = Ace! 1d8+20 = 26: 6 = 26 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 17: 2, 8, 3+ 1d6 = 1: 1 = Ace! 1d8+18 = 20: 2 = 20 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 19: 4, 4, 7+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = 21 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 8: 1, 1, 2+ 1d6 = 4: 4 = 12 damage, AP 7 = Using a Benny to reroll 3d8+4 = 21: 4, 6, 7+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = 23 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 15: 8, 1, 2+ 1d6 = 3: 3 = Ace! 1d8+18 = 26: 8 = Ace! 1d8+26 = 33: 7 = 33 damage, AP 7


Gained and used 2 Bennies; -5 PPE; 18 shots used; quickness is active
"Hope none of you wags is 'rachnophobic, for looks like the ol' farm is fair infested, like. Size of dogs, them, wif' enough legs and wicky-ticky mandibles to make me balls shrivel up in me armpit, eh? Time for some rock-n-roll, I warrant," Vik says.

Toggling the audio-playback setting on his HUD -- and inadvertently broadcasting it at high volume on the group channel -- he slams his Hype-Me-Up Hypo into his leg (uses his quickness device) then lifts his Magma Blaster to his shoulder.

"Anyone care to wager?" he says, barely audible over the music -- which is then nearly drowned out by the rapid-fire burst of magma he sprays into the barn, obliterating half a dozen of the spider-things.

[Vik hits 6 times with raises. Used the 2 Bennies we got to reroll a couple of damage totals. Damage is as follows (AP 7 on all attacks): 18; 26; 20; 21; 23; 33]
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:49 pm

"Oh hell no," Ash blurted on seeing the skittering somethings in the house. "Ryder, stand back!"

She held her hands out, and then the world was fire...blindingly bright, shrieking into the room in the house and flowering in blossoms that engulfed every spider-thing she could see!

Rolls: Psionics 5, 9, 9; 3 ISP and 1 benny spent
1 ISP per blast for a Medium Template, positioning the blasts to cover...between the three of them...the entire room. Critters at the very near end or the very far end might only be hit by one, but their areas do overlap towards the edges of each AoE
Psionics 1d12 = 1: 1 for 6d6 = 17: 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 6
Psionics 1d12 = 1: 1 for 6d6 = 21: 3, 5, 4, 2, 6, 1
Psionics 1d12 = 9: 9 for 6d6 = 19: 1, 4, 3, 3, 3, 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Probably worth bennying that, lol
1d12 = 1: 1 and 6d6 = 21: 3, 1, 4, 4, 3, 6 damage
1d12 = 9: 9 and 6d6 = 21: 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 2 damage + 1d6 = 2: 2 raise
1d12 = 9: 9 and 6d6 = 23: 3, 5, 3, 5, 2, 5 damage + 1d6 = 5: 5 raise
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5 Subbing that in for the first roll of the set

Note, I rolled damage with the attacks, so I'm not sure in hindsight which should be used with the reroll...an argument could be made that the first set of damage should be attached to the rerolls. I'll let the GM decide how to handle that. In that case just add the raise rolls to the last two damage rolls of the first set. It's not complicated at all! :)

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Bari stands near the front and eyes the larger one in the barn. Vik's salvo into the mass of bug things does little to stall them but does thin their numbers. Confident that Karsk, Nazo, and Toad have the remaining horde handled, he crouches and awaits the beasts move.
OOC Comments
Bari is going on hold, if the queen rushes he will intercept her.

As to the Library, Bari grabbed anything so general for his addition.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:44 am

Still trying to get distance between himself and the danger when the Spiders started coming out Thomas knew holding back would only get himself killed. Concentrating on the power stored within his Scepter h suddenly began to grow increasing his size by a hundred times, his skin folding within itself to be replaced by giant red scales, as his body elongated and wings sprouted forth. With a mighty swing of his tail he smashed as many spiders as he could. Before springing off the ground into flight.

Finally coming to rest about 50' in the air Thomas looks down at the spiders and confirms. "I think it would be best if we burned all the buildings in the area to the ground and ensure they have note infested more of them."

OOC Comments
Base cost of spell 9 PPE from Sceptor
Spell Casting 1d10+1 = 10: 9 Forgot -2 so 7 total
Wild 1d6+1 = 4: 3

Tail Sweep 2
Fighting 1d10-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:56 am

Nazo’s training is not without. She refrains from useless words as her teammates are warriors in themselves and know what to do, even the child Barry is well prepared for this moment. Except for Thomas... Sadly she shakes her head at Thomas’ growth and then corresponding tail sweep. ” Thomas you may be Handsome and heroic as any that travel but... If we work together you will have greater effect.”

The taping of many legs gives her pause only in so much that she frowns worried about who used to live in this area. She uses a rather simple but normally effective spell carpet of adhesion to tangle up as many spiders she can. Then readies herself for their counter punch.

Mystic 12 1d10 = 5: 5 1 joker Benny for Extra Effort with Elan 1d6+2 = 7: 5wild 1d6 = 2: 2 4 ppts spent for a medium burst template catching as many spiders as possible.
GM Rules for Entangle
The arcane skill roll is opposed by the target's Agility. Success indicates partial restraint so that the target suffers a –2 penalty to Pace and skills linked to Agility and Strength. A raise restrains the target fully. He cannot move or use any skills linked to Agility or Strength. Each following action, an entangled target may make a Strength or Agility roll to break free. Other characters may also attempt to free the ensnared person by making a Strength roll at –2. For 2 Power Points entangle targets a single opponent. For 4 points it affects everyone in a Medium Burst Template.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Karsk opens up with the GAW Throwback using buckshot with three lots of three round bursts, stepping forward to blast large numbers of spiders to pieces
OOC Comments
Shooting 3x 3rnd bursts
1d6+4 = 9: 5 3d8+2 = 12: 4, 1, 5
1d6+4 = 10: 6 3d8+2 = 11: 1, 5, 3 raise 1d6 = 3: 3
1d6 = 4: 4 3d8+2 = 20: 5, 5, 8 1d8 = 4: 4

wild dice 1d6 = 2: 2
Toad took the shriek of the creature in the barn as a challenge. Toad bellows a response as it barrels forwarded, leaping 6" over the spiders and straight at the creature in the barn.
OOC Comments
Leap: Their powerful legs allow RhinoBuffalos to leap up to 6”!
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1

If successful
1d12+6 = 8: 2 +4 if able to move at least 6" in the runup
2d6 = 7: 2, 5

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 am

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1914
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover, -6 from Greater Obscure
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 1

Zone 1: House - Ryder, Ashley (shaken), 10 spider-creatures (5 shaken, 9 unharmed)

Ryder kicked in the door of the house. Spider-like creatures scrambled in the darkness, hissing and clicking. His shotgun opened up, striking three of the creatures. They should have been splattered into a fine mist, but it seemed to pass through their shadowy forms to little effect. They did skitter away from him a bit, but seemed unharmed.

Ashley’s fire blazed nearly out of control, engulfing the house and all the spiders in flame. She pushed so much power into it, she felt as if her brain was on fire, leaving her staggered. But for all that effort, the spiders skittered out of the inferno, seemingly unharmed.

Five of the spiders seemed to shake off the flames. They hissed, and one exhaled a deep black substance. Inky blackness spread over the entire area. The flames still burned hotly in the house, but they could no longer be seen.

The spiders didn’t seem affected by the darkness as two of the spiders shot black, shadowy silk at Ryder and Ashley. Ryder managed to evade, but Ashley was hit. The webbing hit her hard, but failed to penetrate the mega-damage armor. However, it was incredibly copious and sticky black substance.
Ashley
Make an Agility roll TN 4 or be Fully Entangled (Greater Entangle)
Four more spider creatures seem to claw their way out of the shadows. With her magical vision, Ashley noticed a small, black rift in the darkness outlined by magic that they crawled through.

Zone 3: Barn - Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 9 spider-creatures (7 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 2 partially entangled [-2 to Pace, Agi, Str skills], 9 unharmed)

Vik buffed himself up and then, as the barn doors flew open, he opened up. His magma blaster shot out hot magma, striking six of the spider creatures. It drove them back, but seemed to pass rather harmlessly through their shadowy forms.

Barinthasheer stood ready, guarding the barn doors, eying the slightly larger spider creature at the back of the barn.

Thomas transformed himself into a dragon and spun around, swatting at the spiders with his tail, but he was unpracticed in this form and his tail went high above them.

Nazo opened up with her carpet of adhesion, sending the sticky fluid over rush of minions, managing to slow or entangle the entire mass of spider creatures.

Karsk followed that up with his shotgun, blasting at the spiders. While it seemed to startle the spiders, it again seemed to pass harmlessly through their shadowy forms.

Toad gave a roar, leaped over the entangled spider creatures to the slightly larger one at the back, but the queen seemed to skitter out of the way.

Two of the spiders manage to shake off their stun. One of them exhales a deep, inky darkness that covers the area.

The queen lashed out at Toad with sharp mandibles, catching only thick hide and fur and doing no damage.

Nine more spider creatures crawled their way out of a rift in the shadows. Those with magical vision up could see the outline of the magic in the darkness.

ROUND 2
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the House).
  • Zone 1: Ryder, Ashley, 10 Minions
  • Zone 2: No one
  • Zone 3: Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 9 Minions
  • Zone 4: Charlemagne, Cassowary, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees


Initiative
Players go first in Round 2. You got really high initiative, but lots of Clubs, so per Endless rules, more baddies!
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.
  • Summary of Penalties (they stack)
    • Light: -8
    • Rain: -1

[/list]


***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Barinthasheer HOLD
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC) AC
Ashley (Detect Arcana 2r)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) KC
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 10S
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 110H
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) 10D
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 9C
Vik (Detect Arcana 3r) 7C
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Enemies: Endless Rules: (+1d6 Minions on a Club)

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 8C
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) 6C
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 6/8
Queen: 2/2
Whiskey Pete 6/2
Mia 6/2
MBT for Nazo's Entangle 8
2d4 = 8: 4, 4
Agility vs Entangle
OOC Comments
Agility 1d6 = 1: 1
Agility 1d6 = 6: 6
Agility 1d6 = 1: 1
Agility 1d6 = 5: 5
Agility 1d6 = 1: 1
Agility 1d6 = 6: 6
Agility 1d6 = 2: 2
Agility 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
House spiders unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Greater Obscure 4
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting at Ryder 3
Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
Shooting at Ashley 4
1d6 = 4: 4
Damage: None, because MD armor
Barn spiders unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Greater Obscure 3 screw it. The other one will try.
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
GM benny to reroll 1d6 = 1: 1
GM Benny to reroll 1d6 = 3: 3
Greater Obscure 11
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Queen bites at Toad 6 Hit
Fighting 1d12+1 = 6: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 3
2d6 = 3: 1, 2
More baddies!
House 3d6 = 4: 1, 2, 1

Barn 3d6 = 9: 5, 2, 2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:09 am

Thomas's draconic body bursts into flames as the darkness wells out from the spiders. He could dispel the effect, but the risk of affecting his allies gear is too high. Instead he decides to burst into flames as he sweeps down and lands with a stomp his tail lashing the queen and knocking her down.

Tail Slash 2" by 4" AOE, fighting 4, 35 Mega Damage
-2 MAP
Activating Flaming Scales

Fighting Attack d10, -2 MAP = d10-2. This is an AOE attack that ignores size modifier.
Fighting 1d10-2 = 4: 6
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Reroll
Fighting 1d10-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Reroll again
Fighting 1d10-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Last Reroll critical failure cannot be rerolled :(
Fighting 1d10-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Damage 1d12+8 = 14: 6 + 1d8 = 5: 5 + 3d6 = 14: 6, 3, 5 Mega Damage
Ace 1d6+33 = 35: 2


Note: If flame scales is not available, then the to hit number would be 6 instead of 4.
Tail Lash
Tail Lash*: The dragon can sweep all opponents in his rear facing in a 2” long by 4” wide rectangle. This is a Fighting attack which ignores size penalties, doing Str+d8 (Mega Damage).
Flaming Scales
Flaming Scales: Flame Wind Dragons can immolate themselves, their scales alight with terrible fire. The fire acts like a damage field, but it does 3d6 Mega Damage. Dragons can maintain such a field indefinitely.
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

A rift just in time...

Not wanting to really injure anyone Nazo watches Thomas flitting about pretending to be a dragon. I wonder if becoming a dragon also warped his mind? Still those scales... Sigh just something really nice looking about them. Despite her feelings about Thomas’ heroic but I’ll timed antics she spies the rift through the darkness. Before the gates of the barn she holds her blades in front of her warding off any attack and speaks the words her master taught her and his before him and so forth.” kamikamakia, Kimikamakia, Kamikamakia!”
Mystic 1d10 = 2: 2 wild 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 4: 4

He bright light red at first, orange and then piercing white erupts from her bladed hands and pours into the barn. Banish the Horde!

Will add rules later on, but banish the horde opposed spirit rolls vs 16 in a LBT failure: return to their native home/plane.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:21 am

Bari considers using fire on the entangled creatures but is unsure if he'd light the barn on fire and not wanting to hurt Toad he instead opts for a more physical approach. Stepping up to the entangled mass he spins around and lets his mighty tail sweep through them.
Tail sweep 35, 24 MD
Fighting 1d12 = 12: 12 Ace 1d12+12 = 24: 12 Ace 1d12+24 = 35: 11
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 1d6 = 6: 6 1d12+4 = 10: 6 1d8 = 7: 7 Ace 1d6+23 = 24: 1
The attack smashes through the enmeshed spider-beasts sending broken bits of chitin flying. Looking back he gives one that is still twitching a final smack.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Wed May 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Agility 1d6 = 1: 1 or 1d6 = 3: 3

Ashley is gummed up pretty good by the alien goo. In response she grits her teeth behind her helmet and bursts into an intense yellow-white flame!

(Activating Fire Aura for 3 ISP to add +6 MD but more importantly do 3d6 = 14: 5, 6, 3 mega-damage fire to that stuff which is touching her! There's an Ace ( 1d6 = 3: 3) but since this is an object I suspect the ace doesn't count)

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Thu May 02, 2019 10:06 pm

Agility Trick 5
Agility Trick 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild Trick 1d6 = 2: 2
Ryder was about to try to help Ashley, but as she goes super-nova, he realizes that might not be a great idea. Instead, he gets on the radio. "Gunfire don't do crap, and not sure if Ashley's actually burning them at all or not!" Then, over his suit's speakers, he adds, in a very loud shout, "Every civilian needs to get in the Cassowary, NOW--if you have stuff you took out, leave it there!"

As they back out, he flips the selector to solid-slugs and tries shooting some holes in the floor in front of the approaching spider-things, hoping to at least make them pause for a moment.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 am

"That ain't right," Vik says, as the spiders appear to be unaffected by his magical ammunition. "The buggering bugs ain't abiding by the like, rightful rules of reality. It's like, a social compact."

Muttering about "barsterd 'fings from a Rift," he flips the toggle on his GhosTek Tactical Combat Optics to 11 and takes another look, interested to see what the spiders' auras will reveal about their nature and powers.

TW 10
Dropping detect arcana, Techno-Wizardry to activate exalted detect arcana (4 PPE from gun reservoir)
Techno-Wizardry 1d10+2 = 10: 8
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
[A Raise on exalted detect arcana means Vik learns: What kind of magic is at work; currently active powers; general type of creature; any enchantments present; how much PPE/ISP they possess; any general susceptibilities, including Weaknesses and ways to bypass Invulnerability.]
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue May 07, 2019 3:47 am

Opposed Agility Trick vs Ryder
Agility 1d6 = 3: 3
Agility 1d6 = 2: 2
Agility 1d6 = 5: 5
Agility 1d6 = 2: 2
Agility 1d6 = 3: 3
Agility 1d6 = 3: 3
Agility 1d6 = 3: 3
Agility 1d6 = 4: 4
Agility 1d6 = 2: 2
LBT for Banish targets 2 minions
2d6 = 2: 1, 1
Roll of a 1 means the Queen is one of the targets: 2d10 = 8: 4, 4
Spirit rolls Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3, Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Zone 1 unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Ace 1d6+12 = 16: 4
Zone 3 unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Ryder 5, 11 damage
Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
GM Benny for EE 1d6+3 = 5: 2
Damage 2d8 = 11: 4, 7
5 attacks on Ryder
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 11: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 15: 7
Fighting 1d8 = 7: 7
Damage 1 1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 2 1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2
Raise Damage 3 1d10 = 3: 3 + 2d6 = 11: 6, 5
Ace 1d6+14 = 19: 5
Raise Damage 4 1d10 = 5: 5 + 2d6 = 6: 1, 5
5 attacks on Ashley
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Fighting 1d8 = 7: 7
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Damage 1 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 2 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 3 1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 4 1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 5: 5
3 try to break Entangle
Strength 1d10 = 8: 8
Strength 1d10 = 2: 2
Strength 1d10 = 6: 6
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Nazo
Shooting 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Damage 2d8 = 6: 2, 4
Fighting vs Nazo
Fighting 1d8-2 = 2: 4
Damage 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Karsk
Shooting 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Damage 2d8 = 7: 2, 5
Raise 1d6+7 = 9: 2
Fighting vs Karsk
Fighting 1d8 = 7: 7
Damage 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Toad
Shooting 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 2d8 = 6: 3, 3
Fighting vs Toad
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Damage 1d10 = 10: 10 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Ace 1d10+14 = 15: 1
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Vik
Shooting 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage 2d8 = 13: 8, 5
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Barinthasheer
Shooting 1d6 = 2: 2
Damage 2d8 = 10: 6, 4
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Thomas
Shooting 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 2d8 = 9: 2, 7
Queen Shooting Bari
Shooting 1d12+1 = 11: 10
Damage 3d8 = 14: 2, 4, 8 AP 2 MD
Ace 1d8+14 = 20: 6 + Raise 1d6 = 5: 5
BAD GUYS WON INITIATIVE - ROUND 3
Zone 1 unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6
I think I am hitting a roll cap.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Tue May 07, 2019 4:24 am

Karsk swears as he unloads a chunk of shotgun ammo at the creatures to no effect.
"Useless junk." he snarls

Marshalling his psychic strength, he hurls a psychic bolt at the creature facing Toad in the barn. Kill the mother, children easier to deal with.

Psionics 30 Damage 22 MDC
OOC Comments
8 ISP for mega bolt and +2 bonus

1d10+2 = 9: 7
1d6+2 = 8: 6 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6+14 = 20: 6 20+1d6 = 26: 6 26+1d6 = 30: 4

6d6 = 20: 4, 1, 4, 2, 5, 4 1d6+20 = 22: 2
Toad, frustrated by its utter failure to attack the creature pays no heed to anything else and attempts to attack the creature

Fighting 6 Damage 15 MDC AP 12
OOC Comments
1d8 = 6: 6
1d12+6 = 9: 3 2d6 = 6: 1, 5

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue May 07, 2019 5:36 am

Zone 3 unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Fighting vs Ryder
Gang up +4
Fighting 1d8+4 = 8: 4
Fighting 1d8+4 = 6: 2
Fighting 1d8+4 = 7: 3
Fighting 1d8+4 = 5: 1
Fighting 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Fighting 1d8+4 = 5: 1
Damage 1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage 1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 5: 5
Raise Damage 1d10 = 3: 3 + 2d6 = 8: 4, 4
Raise Damage 1d10 = 1: 1 + 2d6 = 9: 5, 4
Fighting vs Ashley
Gang up +4
Fighting 1d8+4 = 12: 8
Fighting 1d8+4 = 8: 4
Fighting 1d8+4 = 11: 7
Fighting 1d8+4 = 6: 2
Fighting 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Fighting 1d8+4 = 12: 8
Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 1d10 = 7: 7 + 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Raise Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 2d6 = 6: 2, 4
Raise Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 2d6 = 7: 5, 2
Raise Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 2d6 = 8: 5, 3
Trying to break free of entangle
Strength 1d10 = 5: 5
Strength 1d10 = 6: 6
Strength 1d10 = 10: 10
Ace 1d10+10 = 20: 10
Ace 1d10+20 = 25: 5
Strength 1d10 = 2: 2
Strength 1d10 = 2: 2
Strength 1d10 = 10: 10
Ace 1d10+10 = 14: 4
Fighting vs Nazo
Partially entangled -2
Fighting 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Fighting 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Endless minions
3d6 = 13: 4, 5, 4
Fighting vs Karsk
+1 Gang up
Fighting 1d6+1 = 4: 3
Fighting 1d6+1 = 5: 4
Fighting vs Toad
+1 Gang up
Fighting 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Fighting 1d6+1 = 6: 5
Damage 2d8 = 6: 3, 3
Fighting vs Vik
Fighting 1d6 = 1: 1
Fighting vs Bari
+1 Gang up
Fighting 1d6+1 = 6: 5
Fighting vs Thomas
+1 gang up
Fighting 1d6+1 = 2: 1
Shooting vs Thomas
Shooting 1d12+1 = 3: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Damage 3d8 = 8: 1, 3, 4 AP 2 MD
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 am

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1914
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover, -6 from Greater Obscure
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 3

Zone 1: House - Ryder, Ashley, 22 spider-creatures (9 shaken, 13 unharmed)

Ashley finds her flames to be ineffective against whatever shadowy substance is holding her. She can still try and wriggle or break free by brute strength.
Ashley
Opposed roll for next breakout attempt
Shooting 1d6 = 6: 6
Ryder shoots at the floor, trying to intimidate the spider creatures and make them think twice about attacking him and Ashley. One of them jumped easily over the holes in the floor, but the rest were knocked a bit off balance.

One of the spider creatures shot its webbing at Ryder, striking him hard, the black tendrils wrapping around him.
Ryder
Agility TN 5 to avoid Greater Entangle; 11 damage
The rest of the spiders launched themselves at Ashley and Ryder with clicks of their mandibles. Four managed to bite Ryder, two of them deeply, and five managed to bite Ashley. Her fires left them shaken, but unhurt. None of their attacks managed to harm them, though.
Ryder and Ashley
No damage.
BAD GUYS WON INITIATIVE - ROUND 3

The shadow creatures launch themselves at Ryder and Ashley again, six on each. (And I realize I have been forgetting gang up bonus! LOL), and while most of them hit, they couldn’t penetrate their armor, and those that attacked Ashley were stunned again by her flames.

Seven more of the shadowy spiders crawled out of the mini-rift into the burning house.




Zone 3: Barn - Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 22 spider-creatures (1 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 6 fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 2 partially entangled [-2 to Pace, Agi, Str skills], 13 unharmed)

Thomas in dragon form burst into flames and leaped at the larger creature in the back, slapping with his tail, but it seemed to slip neatly into the shadows and avoid his attack.

Nazo called on her faith to send the shadowy spiders back wherever they came from. Most were able to scurry out of the way, but two of the creatures disappeared in puffs of shadow.

Barinthasheer whirls his tail through the captured spider creatures and hits them solidly with great force, but they seem only dazed, still struggling against their sticky confinement.

Vik takes a moment to study the creatures using his enhanced ability to see magic. The creatures are clearly not from this plane, as evidenced by Nazo’s banishment working. They seem to be spiders made of shadow. They have a physical nature, but they are only about as supernatural as a dragon in that they aren’t using magic, but their abilities seem to be inherent, natural abilities, mostly the ability to exude shadow from themselves (Greater Obscure) and spin webs of shadow (Entangle), as well as climb walls. They seem to be as invulnerable as the shadows from which the are made. Nothing seems to damage them, except, perhaps, a shadow’s natural enemy. Light.
Invulnerability and Weakness
You can only damage these creatures with either lasers or light trappings. But not by just casting Light. That might dispel the obscurement, and they have an aversion to it, but it needs to be a damage dealing spell. They aren’t vampires. I think a lot of the confusion was how I was describing successful hits, but no damage. They aren’t Intangible. That was just my flavorful description, like hitting shadow. You can Shake them with other attacks.
Karsk’s psionic bolt slammed into the larger creature. It staggered back, but seemed unharmed. Toad’s attack proved equally ineffective.

Three of the creatures tried to free themselves from the entanglement imposed on them by Nazo.
Nazo
I need another Arcane Skill roll for the Entangle as they try to break out. They got 8, 2, 6.
Two of those that Nazo had partially caught in her glue attacked the Altaran mystic, one trying to entangle her in the shadowy webs, the other coming at her with its sharp claws and mandibles, but both failed to connect.

Karsk was assaulted by two of the shadow spiders as well, one shooting the razor wire shadow webbing, the other slashing at him with sharp claws.
Karsk
I need an Agility roll vs TN 10 or be under the effects of Greater Entangle. Not enough damage from either attack to get through.
Another two attacked Toad in the same manner, trying to web him and bite him.
Toad
Toad needs an Agility roll vs TN 4 or be Greater Entangled.
Vik, Barinthasheer, and Thomas each had a shadow spider shoot its razor sharp shadow webbing at them, though only Thomas-dragon was hit.
Thomas
Thomas needs to make an Agility roll TN 5 or be Greater Entangled and take 9 damage (probably harmless in dragon form)
The queen launched a stream of her own webbing at Barinthasheer.
Bari
Bari needs to make an Agility roll TN 11 or be Greater Entangled. Not enough damage to get him.
BAD GUYS WON INITIATIVE - ROUND 3

The entangled spiders struggled against the glue holding them.
Nazo
I need another Entangled opposed roll. They got 5, 6, 10, 25, 2, 2, 14
The two partially trapped spiders tried to bite Nazo again, but couldn’t hit her.

Two attacked Karsk again, but he evaded their claws and mandibles.

Two jumped at Toad, but they couldn’t pierce his thick hide.

Vik was attacked by one of the shadow spiders, but missed.

One leaped at Barinthasheer, but missed the attack.

One leaped at Thomas as well, but also missed.

The queen shot another stream of webbing at Thomas’s dragon form.
Thomas
Agility roll TN 7 or be Greater Entangled. Take 8 damage AP 2 MD. Not likely to hurt your dragon form.
Six new spiders crawled their way out of the micro-rift.


Zone 4: Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees

Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, and Mia heed Ryder’s warning. They start urging the refugees back into the vehicles and the howdah in preparation to flee.

Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the House).
  • Zone 1: Ryder, Ashley, 10 Minions
  • Zone 2: No one
  • Zone 3: Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 9 Minions
  • Zone 4: Charlemagne, Cassowary, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees


Initiative
Players go first in Round 2. You got really high initiative, but lots of Clubs, so per Endless rules, more baddies!
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.
  • Summary of Penalties (they stack)
    • Light: -8
    • Rain: -1

[/list]


***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley (Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) QD
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 7D 3D
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 7C
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 4H 3C 4S 6D
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) 6C
Barinthasheer 5C
Vik (Exalted Detect Arcana) 2D
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC)
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Enemies: Endless Rules: (+1d6 Minions on a Club)

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 9S
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) AS
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 5/8
Queen: 2/2
Whiskey Pete 6/2
Mia 6/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Wed May 08, 2019 1:46 pm

The webbing was little more than a distraction to Thomas while in his fiery form. But the frustration of his failed attacks and sting to his pride was something more.

Evasion vs 5, Success
Agility 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

Bennies are Useful, but Elan is also
Extr Effort 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Waiting to go after Vik, so he can tell us what we need to do.
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Wed May 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Nazo hold her ground against overwhelming numbers. The demon fields of Kyoto were far more numbers and far more friends buried. The quickly drew upon her Potential Psychic energy and wrapped a magic net around the portal in the barn. Then swiftly she used her inner reserves to let her tongue speak many languages and tried to address the queen.

”Please... We... I don’t want to hurt you. Why are you here and will you not go home?”

Lastly she coms Thomas and Ashly, ” If I cannot reach the queen thru words. Nor stop the spiders from coming through. I will jump through the portal and confront the enemy on their home ground. Hopefully I can buy you enough time to close the portal.”
Magic Net on Portal trying to clog spiders as they come through so no more can come through. 10 for agility tests, 6PPE spent for medium burst.
Mystical magic net 1d10-2 = 4: 6 wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1 Benny with Elan for extra effort 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Speak language extra ppts for +2 1d8 = 5: 5 wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Greater Entangle
Power Points: +2
Range: Smarts × 2
Duration: Special
Trapping: net of magical fibers
Using this Mega Power version means targets are fully entangled on a success. A raise means attempts to escape are made at −4.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Wed May 08, 2019 4:49 pm

OOC Comments
Evade 1d10 = 10: 10 ACE 1d10+10 = 20: 10
Wild Agility 1d6 = 5: 5
Raise, easily evade the spiderweb

Rip Ashley free from her Entangle 1d12+3 = 11: 8
Wild Strength 1d6+3 = 4: 1
A raise, easily done.

Damage Field Damage
3d6 = 12: 3, 5, 4
Ryder's been in bad situations often enough to know when it's time to run. Side-stepping the dark web-stuff, he turns, grabs Ashley by the waist (his Triax shrugging off the flames), and just pulls her up, probably dragging a couple of floorboards along still dangling on the webbing she was snagged in.

Over the comm, he calls out. "Ash and I are falling back to the Cassowary; are we getting the hell out of here, or do we have a plan, yet?"
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Thu May 09, 2019 4:22 am

OOC Comments
Karsk
TN10 agility
1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 4: 4


Toad
TN 4 Agility
1d8 = 7: 7
Karsk and Toad deftly manage to avoid the spiders' webs with surprising ease.

Karsk notes his lack of success and changes tack.

Test weapons.

Unslinging his vibrospear, he stabbed one of the spiders

Fighting damage AP4
1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 6: 6
1d8 = 7: 7 1d6 = 4: 4

Toad thought it was not hitting hard enough and swiped again.

fighting damage
1d8 = 1: 1
1d12+6 = 14: 8 2d6 = 12: 6, 6

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Sat May 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Ashley blurts, "Wait, I'm still...!" as Ryder grabs her, and she extinguishes her flames and starts trying to wriggle free of the webs...if she could just get an arm loose...

"Nazo, don't! We'll figure something out, we just have to regroup! If you go in there we won't be able to get you back!"


She then DOES manage to get an arm free, and from there she can peel some of the stuff off of her, then scrape more off, and finally gets her arms and legs free again.

"Ryder, I'm ok! We have to stop Nazo from committing suicide and get everyone together again!"
Wriggle!
Agility 1d6 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 3: 3 ACE 1d6 = 6: 6

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 am

Endless roll
4d6 = 15: 5, 2, 2, 6
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 am

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1914
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover, -6 from Greater Obscure
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 4
OOC Comments
Haven’t heard from Vik or Barinthasheer this round, but it’s been a week, so we will continue. Players won initiative.
Zone 1: House - 29 spider-creatures (9 shaken, 20 unharmed)

Ashley and Ryder broke free from the mass of spiders and ran out into the yard.

Zone 2: Yard - Ryder, Ashley

Zone 3: Barn - Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 22 spider-creatures (1 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 6 fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 2 partially entangled [-2 to Pace, Agi, Str skills], 13 unharmed, Rift: Greater Entangle)

Karsk’s vibrospear didn’t have any effect on the spiders either as they seemed to wisp around it.

Nazo seemed to have a bit more success, able to anchor a magical netting over the rift to prevent more spiders from emerging.
OOC Comments
I am going to consider that rift sealed as long as Nazo maintains the Greater Entangle, but it isn’t closed and will reopen when she runs out of power points to maintain it.
Zone 4: Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the Yard. Long Range to the House.).
Initiative
Players go first in Round 2. You got really high initiative, but lots of Clubs, so per Endless rules, more baddies!
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.
  • Summary of Penalties (they stack)
    • Light: -8
    • Rain: -1

[/list]


***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley (Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 6H
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) KD JH
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 3D QS
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 5H 4D JS
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) 10C
Barinthasheer QC
Vik (Exalted Detect Arcana) KC
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC)
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Enemies: Endless Rules: (+1d6 Minions on a Club)

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 8H
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) 9C
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 5/8
Queen: 2/2
Whiskey Pete 6/2
Mia 6/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 am

His powers apparently having no effect on the spiders or their queens Thomas tries to turn his arcane efforts to removing their access to the else from which they come.

Close Rift 10, 2 successes (after -4 for not being a line-walker)
EDIT: Trying to close one of the other Rifts, the one closest to Nazo works

Spellcasting d8+1, -4 for not being a line walker = d8-3
Spellcasting 1d8-3 = -2: 1
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3

Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d8-3 = 0: 3
Wild 1d6-3 = 2: 5

2nd Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d8-3 = 5: 8 Ace 1d8+5 = 10: 5
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm

OOC Comments
As stated
"Rifle on Toad. He can't fire it."

He pulls out his laser pistol and shoots the nearest Spider

shooting 5 damage 17 AP 4
OOC Comments
1d6 = 5: 5
1d6 = 3: 3
2d6+1 = 9: 6, 2 Ace 1d6+9 = 15: 6 Ace 2 1d6+15 = 17: 2

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Thu May 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Too many... Too many spiders.

A breech they called them in Kyoto. Unfiltered rifts leading to worlds and dimensions unheard of. Almost never did anything good come from them. There had to be away to vanquish them without killing.

Nazo yells, ” My net is holding them! Even though love is a battlefield lost to me I will still try my best and follow Thomas’ beautiful example. I’ll try to close it!” She focuses on the powers of the rift and channels her divine energy into it trying to close it tight!

Over the comms she says with her breath raggid from maintaining her powers, ”We need to close the rifts! Then coral the creatures and I can try to banish them!”
Mystical closure of rift 1 success
Mystiscm 1d10-4 = -3: 1 wild 1d6-4 = 2: 6 ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Or if the rift is closed change the action to banish the horde.

Will add rules later on, but banish the horde opposed spirit rolls vs 8 in a LBT failure: return to their native home/plane.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Thu May 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Psionics
Use action card, arcane inspiration to cast damaging field trapped with sunlight. Modifiers MAP -2, net -2. Cost 4 ISP
Psionics 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Light, Need to hurt them with light how can I.. Focusing his mind on the sun Bari channels his psionic power into himself trying to do... something.. Red crackling bolts of psionic power course across him body merging and solidifying into an aura like the corona of the sun.

Leaping into the air and skimming over the smaller spiderlings, staying low enough to try and temp them into swinging as he flies right at the queen Roaring a challenge as he collides with her, slashing with his claws as he does. "I will fight her Mr. Thomas, look for more rifts."
Fighting 9, damage str+ field 26, claws if applicable 15 AP4
Modifiers -2 MAP
Fighting 1d10-2 = 5: 7 Bennie for EE 1d6+5 = 7: 2 Fighting 1d12-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Bennie for reroll
Fighting 1d12-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Bennie for reroll
Fighting 1d12-2 = 9: 11
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Damage 1d12+4 = 16: 12 Aura 2d6 = 8: 4, 4 Claws 3d6 = 10: 1, 6, 3AP4
Str + field 1d12+24 = 26: 2 Claws 1d6+10 = 15: 5
((Note to @Karsk, @Nazo, and Toad: Boost trait ends at the bottom of the turn))
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Fri May 17, 2019 2:46 pm

OOC Comments
Shooting Modifiers: +2 Helm, -1 Rain, +1/+1 Double-tap
Shooting 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild Shooting 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ACE 1d6+8 = 14: 6
Raise Damage 2d4+1 = 8: 3, 4 + 1d6 = 4: 4 = 12 AP 2

Ryder groans as he hears that they need lasers for these things. "Sun-cannon will take to long to hook back up. Ash, gimme your pistol if you're not using it, then keep heading for the Cassowary. We can keep harassing them while the others get serious."

As soon as she passes the NG-33 to him Ryder, turns to the teeming creatures spilling out of the house and squeezes off a double-shot at whichever one is in the lead. Then he continues his retreat to the truck, hoping Ash can confound them with steam and smoke enough to prevent them from getting webbed again.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Ashley does hand over the gun and after a second to self-consciously adjust her armor after having been hauled across the battlefield, takes a closer look around. If the team is going to regroup, it'd be handy if they were harder to see, yeah?

Rivers of flame abruptly ignite at her feet and rapidly snake away through the grass, leaving trails of burned and smouldering plants in their wake. They rapidly cross and crisscross between the people around the barn and the creatures still swarming within it. It only takes seconds for the tall grass and shrubs to start giving off a thick black smoke that scratches the lungs of someone breathing it. More importantly though, it should be harder for creatures to figure out where to throw that webbing stuff through it.

"Guys, get back to the Cassowary!" she yells. "We need to regroup! I'll cover you!"

Psionics for Fire Mastery: 10, a raise - -4 to target creatures through or within the smoke
Psionics 1d12 = 10: 10 or 1d6 = 3: 3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1914
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover, -6 from Greater Obscure
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 4.1

Zone 1: House - (Penalties: Dark -2, Greater Obscure -6; open rift)

Zone 2: Yard - Ryder, Ashley, 28 shadow spiders (8 shaken, 20 unharmed; Penalties: Dark -2, Rain -1, Fire Mastery -4 to Trait rolls, Greater Obscure -6)

Ryder shot back into the house at the shadow spiders, managing to kill one of them with his laser pistol. It evaporated into shadows.

Ashley ignited the grass in the yard, raising smoke to interfere with attacks.

The shadow spiders poured out of the house. They shied a bit away from the smoke as they swarmed toward Ryder and Ashley. Several of them paused, shivering, swelling with darkness, until one of them erupted with shadows, canceling all light in the area.

Two shot webbing at Ryder and Ashley, but the shadow webs missed. The others swarmed at them. Some of the creatures managed to land a bite or claw through the smoke, but none did any harm.

Zone 3: Barn - Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 16 shadow spiders (1 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 4 fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 11 unharmed, Penalties: Dark -2, Greater Obscure -6)

Thomas turned his attention to the rift. He managed to close the small tear in reality in the barn, and Nazo’s webbing sealing it dropped away. No more shadow spiders were going to come through there.

Karsk took aim with his laser pistol at what he thought was a spider creature, but fired at just a shadow in the barn.
Karsk
Karsk forgot the vision penalties. The barn is in Greater Obscure. So unfortunately he missed.
Nazo’s banish spell sends six of the creatures back to wherever they came from.

Bari leapt at the larger shadow spider, his body glowing with light, but the shadows fooled him too and claws only sliced through the shadows, not the body of the queen as she darted back.
Bari
Bari forgot the vision penalties. The barn is in Greater Obscure. So unfortunately he missed.
Shadow spiders shot their shadowy webbing at the heroes. The rest swarmed over them.
Karsk
Make an Agility roll TN 4 or be Greater Entangled. Toad needs to make a TN 9 Agility roll to avoid Greater Entangled.
Thomas
Make an Agility roll TN 4 or be Greater Entangled.
The queen hissed and lashed back at Bari, shooting him with webbing again.
Bari
You need to make an Agility roll vs TN 7 or be Greater Entangled. No damage. Didn’t get through your armor.
Zone 4: Cassowary - Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees (Penalties: Dark -2, Rain -1)
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the Yard. Long Range to the House.).
Initiative
Players go first in Round 5. Ryder got a Joker. Players get +1 Benny and Ryder gets +2 to all Trait rolls and damage.
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.



***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley (Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 2S
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) JOKER 4H
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 9H
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 9D
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) 5C
Barinthasheer 10H
Vik (Exalted Detect Arcana) 2D
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC)
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Enemies: Endless Rules: (+1d6 Minions on a Club)

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 2C
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) 7C
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 5/8
Queen: 2/2
Whiskey Pete 7/2
Mia 7/2
Targets in LBT for Banish
2d6 = 7: 4, 3
Spirit rolls
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Greater Obscure
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Spirit 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Spirit 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Spirit 1d6-4 = 2: 6
Ace 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Unshaking Yard
Spirit 1d6-4 = 1: 5
Spirit 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Spirit 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Spirit 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Spirit 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Spirit 1d6-4 = 2: 6
Ace 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Spirit 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Spirit 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Spirit 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Unshake barn
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Break free of Entangle
Strength 1d10 = 8: 8
Strength 1d10 = 1: 1
Strength 1d10 = 4: 4
Strength 1d10 = 1: 1
Strength 1d10 = 10: 10
Strength 1d10 = 8: 8
Strength 1d10 = 1: 1
Strength 1d10 = 1: 1
Strength 1d10 = 1: 1
Shooting Ryder and Ashley
Shooting 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Shooting 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Fighting vs Ryder
Fighting 1d8-4 = 3: 7
Fighting 1d8-4 = 3: 7
Fighting 1d8-4 = 4: 8
Ace 1d8+4 = 5: 1
Fighting 1d8-4 = 4: 8
Ace 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Fighting 1d8-4 = 0: 4
Fighting 1d8-4 = 0: 4
Fighting 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Fighting 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Fighting 1d8-4 = 3: 7
Fighting vs Ashley
Fighting 1d8-4 = 4: 8
Ace 1d8+4 = 11: 7
Fighting 1d8-4 = 2: 6
Fighting 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Fighting 1d8-4 = -1: 3
Fighting 1d8-4 = 0: 4
Fighting 1d8-4 = -1: 3
Fighting 1d8-4 = 0: 4
Fighting 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Fighting 1d8-4 = -3: 1
Damage on Ryder
1d10 = 5: 5 + 2d6 = 6: 5, 1
1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage on Ashley
1d10 = 4: 4 + 2d6 = 6: 3, 3
Shooting on Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Bari, Thomas
Shooting 1d6 = 2: 2
Shooting 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Shooting 1d6 = 1: 1
Shooting 1d6 = 4: 4
Attacks on Nazo and Bar
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Queen shooting Bari
Shooting 1d12+1 = 7: 6
Wild 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Damage on Bari
3d8 = 10: 4, 2, 4
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Wed May 22, 2019 3:20 am

Shooting 4, Damage 8 AP 2
Shooting Modifiers:
Greater Obscure + Rain = -7
Nightvision +2
Targeting Helmet +2
Double-Tap +1
Joker +2
Flat Roll. Wow.

Shooting 1d12 = 1: 1
Wild Shooting 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 2d4+2 = 6: 1, 3
+2 Damage for Joker means 8 AP 2 final total.

Moving away from the ones that were close enough to make Fighting attacks means he'll also take Free Strikes from them, so you can go ahead and roll that. Assuming he's not stopped from leaving, though, he should get to the Eternal Light zone around the Cassowary this round.
Suddenly mostly blind, Ryder still manages to make out a vague form, and with a bit of random luck, manages to tag one of the shadespiders with another double-tap. Still, it's clear this is a losing proposition in the long run. Continuing to make his way to the Cassowary as best he can, and making sure not to let Ashley fall behind, he attempts to get outside the vehicle at least.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Sat May 25, 2019 10:18 pm

Ashley had to split her attention between keeping the telekinetic barriers around herself and Ryder, and keeping the grasses smoldering. In the process she realized that the others were up to something out there. They were mentioning closing a rift? Maybe that's where these things were coming from!

She redoubled her efforts, focusing the smoke around the rift-closers to try to give them extra protection from the creatures. Ryder and her seemed to be more or less impervious to the shadowy things; they just weren't strong enough to rip through her powers. Trying to keep it all going at once though was just too hard! She could feel her attention whipsawing, feel frustration clawing at the edges of her reason. That wouldn't end well for anyone, so she had to make a choice.

Leaving herself and Ryder wide open just wasn't going to happen, so she released the heat on the grass...and the smoke faded away.

"Damnit," she muttered. Why weren't there more lasers on the team?! They were only like the most common weapon ever!

More Fire Mastery: Fail
Psionics 1d12 = 1: 1 or 1d6 = 2: 2
Bleh, I'll benny that.
1d12 = 1: 1 or 1d6 = 2: 2

And outta bennies...okay then

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 am

OOC Comments
Strength d12+8, MAP -2
Strangth 1d12+6 = 18: 12
Wild 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Thomas realizes that they are still dealing with another Rifts. "Nazo, we need to close the one in the house." He says as he takes a couple giant strides, grabs Nazo and flies to the house as fast as possible.

@Pender Lumkiss
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Mon May 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Nazo nodded slightly tingled to be grabbed by such a morphed man. Thomas was always willing to do the hard tasks of a hero. The least Nazo could do was fight by his side in the vain hope she proved herself worthy of such a man.

As the pair landed and Nazo caught sight of the other Rift she motioned to Ashley, and Ryder to keep holding the line.
” Keep at it! Thomas and I will try to close the rift.” Nazo frowned briefly saddened by her lack of sight as no doubt Ashly’s pyrotechnic display while ineffective must have been impressive.

Still she drew on your connection to the divine and asked it to seal the rift in the house. Unfortunatly for all her effort and extra effort it proved too much.
Closing the rift, 3 total... failure.
1d10-4 = -3: 1 wild 1d6-4 = 0: 4 benny from Ryder joker extra effort 1d6 = 1: 1
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Tue May 28, 2019 11:41 am

... and then the little faerie's mouth grew 10 sizes larger and it swallowed the gargoyle, and half the tree next to it, before turning ...

Vik's attention snaps back to the fight outside the barn, where everything seems to be either on fire or drenched in shadow. The acid-flashback-like hallucination, a little neural hiccup that lasted a few micro-seconds, was a side effect, more or less, of the go-juice he used in the old Hype-Me-Up Hypo. And not entirely unpleasant.

"Had me back in the barking Black Forest there for a minute," he says, before peering around at the flames and the shadowy spider things. "Oy, we still on this circus? Ruddy codswallop. Damned shadery things what don't die when you shoot 'em proper."

As Dragon-Tommy and Nazo go flying past, Vik whips out a few choice bits and bobs, crafting something that looks a bit like a glittery bobblehead faerie. With a twinkling sound, it activates and flies up, planting a little kiss on Vik's cheek.

"Thanks for the schnozz, Tink. Time to go light up them buggering bugs," he says, already turning his attention toward a second device.

Vik's fingers don't seem to want to work right, however, and after spilling a third vial of orichalcum shavings, he throws his hands up in disgust.

"Poncy shite-wallowing spiders. Can we just knock off already and go home?

Dispel 9 vs. Greater Obscure, Bennies Wasted Trying to Make Smite Device
Quickness is active. Round 1: Create a dispel device, then use it on the Greater Obscure effect at the barn (-2 MAP, offset by +2 for MM)

TW to create 1d10 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4 = Success, created with 10 PPE

TW 1d10 = 4: 4 = Forgot the -2 to dispel due to different traditions = 2
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny for Extra Effort and Elan 1d6+4 = 9: 5

Round 2: Craft a smite device with light trappings, then cast it on Vik's rifle, then autofire (-4 MAP, offset by +2 for MM, various bonuses on gun, which has Rock-n-roll to ignore recoil).

TW to create 1d10-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Benny to Reroll + Elan
TW 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Benny to Reroll + Elan
TW 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

FORGET IT. Stopping there, no Smite device created.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Tue May 28, 2019 3:25 pm

As he misses with his shot, Karsk takes a few steps back out of the darkness and summons Toad back to him for a bigger rifle and to protect his noble steed.

If Vik does bring down the darkness, he will shoot one of the spiders

1d6 = 1: 1
1d6 = 5: 5
2d6+1 = 11: 6, 4 Ace 1d6+11 = 15: 4

Toad will attempt to leap over the Shadow spiders

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue May 28, 2019 5:40 pm

Agility vs entangle
Agility 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5 Bennie to EE 1d6+5 = 7: 2
In a surprising display of agility for something so large Bari writhes free of the webbing the spider queen tries to lay on him. Vik's dispel then goes off and taking advantage of the return of vision the hatchling tries to slash at the immense spider once again.
Fighting
Fighting 1d10 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4 Bennie to EE 1d6+4 = 7: 3
But his swing goes wide. Growling in frustration. "Fine then! You jerks can come to me!". With that he just stands there not evading any of the claws that may come at him. ((Note Bari is not taking defensive action and is forfeiting his fighting bonus to parry))
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed May 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1914
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 5

Zone 1: House - Thomas, Nazo, 14 shadow spiders (14 unharmed; Penalties: Dark -2, Greater Obscure -6; open rift)

Thomas grabbed Nazo and flew across the yard, smashing into mass of spiders spilling out of the house with the mystic. Nazo tried to concentrate on her prayers to manipulate the rift, but there were just too many distractions.

Fourteen shadow spiders clawed their way through the small rift and stared at Thomas-dragon and Nazo with multifaceted eyes in the thick darkness.


Zone 2: Yard - Ryder, Ashley, 28 shadow spiders (4 shaken, 24 unharmed; Penalties: Dark -2, Rain -1, Greater Obscure -6)

Ashley struggled to maintain the veil of smoke, but there was just too much vying for her attention and it died away.

The only target in the yard, Ashley was swarmed by shadow spiders.
Ashley
You need to make an Agility roll TN 7 or be Greater Entangled. She takes 19 and 25 damage, but I think she has MD armor up, so I don’t think they go through.

Zone 3: Barn - Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Queen, 16 shadow spiders (1 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 14 unharmed, Penalties: Dark -2)

Vik conjures up a little sprite that flies up and explodes in light. The thick darkness that had been spewed by the spiders vanished, though the natural darkness still remained.

Toad leapt to Karsk’s side so the Simvan could retrieve his rifle, though getting the shot off too quickly to aim properly.
Karsk
You had a MAP from drawing the rifle that put you just below the hit threshold, unfortunately. But next round you should be clear of penalties, since you have low light vision and the Greater Obscure is down.
Bari lashed out, but still failed to connect.

The shadow spiders swarmed over the heroes. Three assault Karsk, shooting webbing and biting at him, but not getting through his armor.
Karsk
Make an Agility roll TN 5 or be Greater Entangled.
Three more swarmed over Toad, trying to web him up with shadows, but the big rhino-buffalo evades them.

Three went for Vik, shooting shadow webs and clawing at his armor.
Vik
Make an Agility roll TN 4 or be Greater Entangled. And that amulet from the Altarans saved you from the 20 damage!
Two of the shadow spiders tried to web Bari, but he evaded. Then the Queen shot webbing at him again, but her attack hit one of the spiders on Bari, slamming it into the wall in an explosion of shadowy goo.


Zone 4: Cassowary - Ryder, Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees (Penalties: Dark -2, Rain -1)

Ryder moved across the yard to where the Cassowary sat. Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, and Mia had loaded the refugees on again. “This isn’t looking good,” Charlemagne noted the flood of shadow spiders coming from the house and filling the yard.
Initiative
Players just edged out the spiders in initiative and go first.
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the Yard. Long Range to the House.).
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.



***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley (Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) QS
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) QC 9S
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 8S
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 10H
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) QH
Barinthasheer 5S
Vik (Exalted Detect Arcana) 4S
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC)
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Enemies: Endless Rules: (+1d6 Minions on a Club)

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 8H
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) 8D
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 5/8
Queen: 2/2
Whiskey Pete 7/2
Mia 7/2
Yard Unshaking
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Shooting Ashley
Shooting 1d6 = 2: 2
Shooting 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Damage 2d8 = 15: 8, 7
Ace 1d8+15 = 17: 2
Fighting Ashley
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 9: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
Fighting 1d8 = 7: 7
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Damage
1d10 = 1: 1 + 1d6 = 2: 2
1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+14 = 19: 5
1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4
1d10 = 10: 10 + 1d6 = 6: 6
Aces 1d10+10 = 16: 6 + 1d6+6 = 9: 3
1d10 = 3: 3 + 1d6 = 2: 2
1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 4: 4
1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 3: 3
1d10 = 7: 7 + 2d6 = 6: 4, 2
Barn unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Barn trying to break Entangle
Strength 1d10 = 10: 10
Strength 1d10 = 8: 8
Strength 1d10 = 5: 5
Strength 1d10 = 9: 9
Attacking Karsk
Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
Shooting 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 2d8 = 7: 2, 5
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Damage 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Attacking Toad
Shooting 1d6 = 1: 1
Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
Shooting 1d6 = 1: 1
Attacking Vik
Shooting 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 2d8 = 6: 4, 2
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 11: 3
Damage 1d10 = 1: 1 + 1d6 = 2: 2
Damage 1d10 = 7: 7 + 2d6 = 10: 6, 4
Ace 1d6+17 = 20: 3
Attacking Bari
Shooting 1d6 = 2: 2
Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
Queen attacks Bari
Shooting 1d12+1 = 2: 1
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Damage 3d8 = 14: 3, 6, 5
Endless minions this round
3d6 = 14: 6, 2, 6
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Thu May 30, 2019 1:34 am

OOC Comments
Time to Find Gun: 1d6 = 2: 2 2 rounds
Taking an action to aim.
Ryder, grateful to be standing in the light again, nods to Charlie. "Yeah, it is. We need more...." He pauses for a heartbeat, then turns to Mia and Pete. Folks familiar with Trimadore physiology might realize that his expression is one of extreme consternation.

"No time to explain. There's a crate under, I think, the third row of seats. You two, pull it out and get the rifle out of there. In the meantime, Mia, lend me your rifle so I can lay into these things a bit more effective-like, and give Ashley her pistol back."

He takes her rifle, and calls out behind him. "Ashley, get yer hot ass over here, already! We got more lasers!"

Leveling the rifle, he looks through the site, preparing to shoot the next non-humanoid form he can make out in the swirling darkness.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Fri May 31, 2019 11:46 pm

"Great!" Ashley called back as she blocked more spiders with telekinesis. "I'll be..."

Abruptly webbing started arcing towards her!

In seconds she was securely wrapped and anchored to the ground!

"Emperor DAMNIT!" she shouted. "Little help here!"
Rolls
Agility 1d6 = 4: 4 or 1d6 = 5: 5 - got entangled
Tries to get free 1d6 = 3: 3 pr 1d6 = 1: 1

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:31 am

Seeing the spiders coming out Thomas tries to help Nazo, climb on my back, the higher ground will help you defend from the creatures. Then incanting his most basic of spells he summons a small Globe of Daylight hoping it will at least make a small differnce in the battle. Then he returns to trying to close the last rift, too many of the creaturs have already made it out of.

Summon Globe of Daylight, Closes Rift, uses last benny
Spellcasting d10+1, -2 for MAP
Spellcasting 1d10-1 = 2: 3
Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2
  • Last Benny to Reroll
    Spellcasting d10+1, -2 for MAP
    Spellcasting 1d10-1 = 6: 7
    Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2

Spellcasting d10+1, -2 for MAP, -4 For not being a Line Walker
Spellcasting 1d10-5 = 1: 6
Wild 1d6-5 = 1: 6 Ace 1d6+1 = 5: 4
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Karsk » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Karsk (using a rifle as apparently I picked it up off Toad last turn) fires on another shadow spider. Don't remember getting this down.
OOC Comments
1d6 = 3: 3
1d6 = 5: 5
3d6 = 4: 1, 2, 1

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Agility 4
Agility 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Blasting Bugs
Action 1: Build and activate a Sunlight-trapped Greater Blast gizmo, targeting the spiders next to him: MAP -2 negated by +2 MM
Action 2: Build and activate a second Sunlight-trapped Greater Blast gizmo, targeting the queen and other spiders in the barn: MAP -2 negated by +2 MM

1st gizmo creation
TW 1d10 = 9: 9 = Success with a Raise; Gizmo has 15 PPE
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Activation (net +1 from armor mod, after optics and visibility penalties) = Going for a 10 PPE blast that does 3d10+2, AP 5 in an LBT
TW 1d10+1 = 11: 10 = Ace! 1d10+11 = 14: 3 = Hit with a Raise
Wild 1d6+1 = 5: 4
Damage: 3d10+2 = 18: 8, 2, 6+ 1d6 = 6: 6 = Ace! 1d6+24 = 27: 3 = 27 damage, AP 5

2nd gizmo creation
TW 1d10 = 6: 6 = Success, Gizmo has 10 PPE
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

Activation (net +1 from armor mod, after optics and visibility penalties) = Going for a 10 PPE blast that does 3d10+2, AP 5 in an LBT
TW 1d10+1 = 4: 3
Wild 1d6+1 = 2: 1
Using Extra Effort Adventure Card = 1d6+4 = 6: 2 = Hit
Damage: 3d10+2 = 22: 2, 10, 8 = Ace! 1d10+22 = 29: 7 = 29 damage, AP 5
"Oy, enough of this daft shite," Vik says as he ducks the tenebrous webbing one of the shadow-spiders tries to entangle him with. "There'll be none of that spunkin' shadow-splat on me, mate, and don't be thinking I'm the sort what gets tied up and impregnated wif bitty spider eggs and what. If anybody does the 'pregnating, it's me."

Dodging away from the three spiders like a footballer [and drawing an attack from each, if they were in melee] Vik cobbles together a glitterball-mortar similar to the one he used at New Alamo, only this one is more exploding shards of light than disco distraction. There's a whoomp sound as he fires it at the clump of spiders that had attacked him, then spidery screams as a blazing ball of sunshine engulfs the eight-legged tits. [LBT should catch all three, each takes 27 sunlight-trapped Mega-Damage, AP 5]

A quick peek into the barrel tells Vik there's not enough juice for another big shot, so he pulls out more parts and builds a second mortar, which he points at the barn and lets loose in the direction of the big spider queen and her minions.

"You might be queen of these shits, but you ain't no Lizzie II, long may she reign under the brim of a sharply hat."

The barn explodes in shards of sunshine. [Spider queen and all others in an LBT take 29 sunlight-trapped Mega-Damage, AP 5]
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:27 pm

lots of spiders... Nazo had seen more in Japan growing up and just relied on her burning desire to send them back to where they came. ”Time send you back to your home! Banish the horde!”

Mysticism banish the horde 1d10 = 1: 1 wild 1d6 = 5: 5 ef 1d6+2 = 3: 1
The caster targets all summoned entities within a Large Burst Template. For example, a mob of demons could be sent back to their hellish realm, or a group of elementals brought from another plane could be dismissed. Each target rolls its own opposed Spirit check to resist. On a success, the target is Shaken. On a raise, it is sent to its proper plane of existence. If the target is a Wild Card, each casting of banish causes a wound instead. If the target already has three wounds, it is then banished to its native plane—but it is not slain.

Target is 8
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:48 am

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1914
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover (Bright light around Cassowary)
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 6

Zone 1: House - Thomas, Nazo, 7 shadow spiders (7 unharmed, but blind (-6))

Thomas summoned daylight and the shadow spiders hissed and moved erratically for a moment. They seemed blinded by the light as their darkness disappeared. Then he turned his attention to the mini rift, using his magic to close it.

Nazo called upon her faith once more to send half the shadow spiders evaporating off back to their home plane.

Three of the spiders shot webbing at Thomas, trying to entangle him.
Thomas
Make an Agility roll, TN 5 or be Fully Entangled. Take 11 damage. That probably won’t do anything to him in his dragon form.
The other four went after Nazo, shooting webbing at her, but none of them connected.

Zone 2: Yard - Ashley, 28 shadow spiders (1 shaken, 27 unharmed; Penalties: Dark -2, Rain -1, Greater Obscure -6)

Ashley tried to retreat back to Ryder and the laser pistol she had lent him but found herself firmly wrapped up in the shadow webbing of the spiders.

Twenty-seven spiders swarmed over Ashley, biting and clawing the entangled hero, but they couldn’t get through the magic that protected her.
Ashley
Is her damage field still up? Roll that damage.
Zone 3: Barn - Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, 1 shadow spiders (1 unharmed, Penalties: Dark -2)

Karsk fired off his laser rifle at one of the shadow spiders. It was hit, and hissed, not liking that at all, but didn’t seem to do enough damage to harm it.

As Vik retreated, one of the shadow spiders big hard on his leg, but left only a bruise. His first sunlight bomb send shards of sunlight ripping through eight of the spider creatures, obliterating them. His second shot nearly cleared the barn, downing the queen and leaving only a single shadow spider scuttling on the wall.

The spider shot its shadow webbing at Karsk, but he stepped out of the way.

Zone 4: Cassowary - Ryder, Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees (Penalties: Dark -2, Rain -1)

Ryder made it back to the light surrounding the Cassowary and gave Pete and Mia instructions. Mia handed over her rifle and dove for the back seat of the vehicle with Pete as they searched for the gun they had been told to find.
Quick Combat
Let's wrap this up with a Quick Combat. Roll a Fighting, Shooting, or Arcane Skill at -2. If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). Wounds may be Soaked as usual. Success means the hero emerges with only Bumps & Bruises (page 125), and a raise means he escapes unscathed.
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.



***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley (Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 8D
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) KD 6D
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 4H 9H
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 2S 5C 10C
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) JD
Barinthasheer 9C
Vik (Exalted Detect Arcana) 2D
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC)
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) 3H
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 5/8
Queen: 0/2
Whiskey Pete 7/2
Mia 7/2
Free attacks on Vik
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Fighting 1d8 = 7: 7
Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+14 = 15: 1
First LBT targets
2d6 = 8: 3, 5
Second LBT targets
2d6 = 8: 6, 2
Queen tries to soak 6 Wounds
Vigor 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Try again
Vigor 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Nazo's LBT targets
2d6 = 7: 2, 5
Resist Banish
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
3 attacks on Thomas
-6 for blind
Shooting 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Shooting 1d6-6 = -3: 3
Shooting 1d6-6 = 0: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 2d8 = 11: 7, 4
4 attacks on Nazo
Shooting 1d6-6 = -3: 3
Shooting 1d6-6 = -5: 1
Shooting 1d6-6 = -1: 5
Shooting 1d6-6 = -2: 4
Unshaking in the yard
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
27 attacks on Ashley
Fighting 1d8 = 7: 7
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
Fighting 1d8 = 7: 7
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Damage
1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 1: 1
1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 5: 5
1d10 = 7: 7 + 1d6 = 1: 1
1d10 = 1: 1 + 1d6 = 6: 6
1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 5: 5
1d10 = 10: 10 + 1d6 = 4: 4
1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 3: 3
1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
1d10 = 3: 3 + 1d6 = 4: 4
1d10 = 10: 10 + 1d6 = 2: 2
1d10 = 10: 10 + 2d6 = 3: 2, 1
Attacking Karsk
Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:28 pm

OOC Comments
Spellcasting d10+1, Scene -2
Spellcasting 1d10-1 = 1: 2
Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2
The rift finally closing Thomas was satisfied they would be able to clean up the field. But as he turned to Nazo to let her know what happened suddenly a spider jumped from the roof to his face. the scream that came out was one that few not raised around preschool girls would have recognized as he stumbled backwards, swiping at his own face to get the spider off his face. Within only a moment he fell, impaling his arm on a wrought iron fence post.

As he eventually shakes his head clearing it Thomas is relentless is killing the spider, those he cannot kill he knocks next to the others. When his spell collapses he draws his Vampire slayer and begins finishing off the last of the spider.
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Shooting 21
Shooting: Scene Penalty -2
Shooting 1d12-2 = 0: 2
Wild Shooting 1d6-2 = 4: 6 ACE 1d6+4 = 10: 6 ACE 1d6+10 = 16: 6 ACE 1d6+16 = 21: 5

Ashley getting swarmed by the spiders changed things a bit. Seeing as the area around the truck was clear for now, Ryder risked the door being opened for a little while longer to help with the search for the Solar Rifle. Once they managed to find it, he headed back out, and started laying down fire at the crawling horrors with grim abandon.

The spiders swarming Ash suddenly find themselves being lit by miniature solar flares in rapid-fire succession. It seems like each bolt is almost drawn to the shadowy nightmare-things obliterating them on contact. Ryder doesn't stop shooting at things skittering in the darkness until the clip on the rifle is fully drained. Then he moves up to check on Ash. If she's still stuck in the webbing, he'll help her get free again (this time waiting for her to actually drop the fire-sheath).
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Ashley, already feeling mental fatigue over all the psionics she'd been using so far, relaxed her powers as sunlight fireworks went off around her, clearing away the monsters. She forgot, unfortunately, that her body cast shadows though. Underneath her, hidden from the brilliant starbursts, a spider lunged up at Ash...who was still bound up in that weird webbing, and managed to sink its fangs through the armor of her thigh. She yelped and wriggled, knocking them both to the ground, where it was a simple matter to destroy the spider.

"Ow... This sucked. Is it over?"

Psionics: 1d12-2 = 1: 3 or 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Looks like I still have a benny left: 1d12-2 = 0: 2 or 1d6-2 = -1: 1

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:46 am

TW 9 = Raise, no injuries
-2 Scene penalty, +2 MM
TW 1d10 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
"That's right, ya daft pricks, choke on a bit of the ol' solar," Vik crows, as his techno-magic sunlight bombs rip through the shadow spiders with devastating effect.

As the other members of the COT pull together, Vik helps mop up, blasting the spider stragglers with bolts of daylight from his Fabulous Fist of Fearsome Fisting.

"Have a taste of that, you extraplenarian creepy-crawly wanking tossers. Back to the dark side of the dumpster for yous!"
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Vigor to remove shaken
Vigor 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
A burst of sunlight from Viks kit bashed cannon leaves the young wyrm dazed momentarily but with a shake of his huge head the flash and dazzle soon clears. Seeing the blast also torched the queen and most of the spiderlings makes the mild throbbing from worth it. "Wow Mr. Vik that gun must be very powerful, it even made me hurt a little. Suck it spider demons!" While he was still not quite sure what "it" was Bari thought it had something to do with Bishops and the beating there of. Some kind of stealth bishop who attacked at night, so it must be something like the spiders, therefore they should also get a mouthful?? He didn't know, but it was kind of fun fighting mean things with his new friends.
Fighting for QC success
Fighting 1d10-2 = 6: 8
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Leaping into the remaining spiderlings he sweeps with his tail one last time before his damage field sputters out.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Shooting 1d4-2 = 2: 4 aced 1d4 = 2: 2wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3

Out of ppts left Nazo with only one option. She fired her laser pistol trying to coral a spider or two. She was not heartless and did not like harming animals. One stabs her through the arm for her trouble... Great a love tap. Too bad it wasn’t thomas or Ashlyn even caressing my arm... I wonder if they are as hairy as these spiders. Her lips form a slight smile.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:25 am

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1915
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Location: Wilderness/Farmstead (south of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover (Bright light around Cassowary)
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 0

Thomas shrieked as the shadow spiders leapt all over him, disrupting his concentration on his spells. He was reduced to wildly swinging his sword at them, killing any he could.
Thomas
If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound.
Ryder opened up with his sun rifle, blasting at the shadow spiders, who squealed in pain at the sunlight striking them.
Ryder
A raise means he escapes unscathed.
Ashley had about as much luck in fighting off her swarm of shadow spiders as Thomas.
Ashley
If a character fails her roll in a dangerous situation she takes a Wound.
Vik helped out Thomas, managing to help clear away the shadow spiders.
Vik
A raise means he escapes unscathed.
Barinthasheer smashed several spiders with his body and tail, burning them with the flaming sunlight that surrounded him, but it was tough work. The little buggers were quick.
Barinthasheer
Success means the hero emerges with only Bumps & Bruises.
Nazo opens up with her newly reclaimed laser pistol, blasting the spiders and helping to save Thomas, though all this fighting and casting has left her tapped.
Nazo
Success means the hero emerges with only Bumps & Bruises.
Finally the fighting dies down and the farmstead grows quiet. There doesn’t appear to be any more of the spider creatures around. The darkness no longer writhes menacingly, and the heroes are able to take a breath and recover themselves.
Aftermath
Good job, everyone! That was a tough fight, and a bit frustrating, I understand. Everyone take a Benny for getting through it! You do have a chance to heal any Wounds (though I believe Nazo said she was tapped out, so she won’t recover before the Golden Hour is passed, so you might need to find some alternative). Bumps and Bruises take 24 hours to heal up that Fatigue. The farmhouse seems relatively safe, if you want to use it as a rest for the night. The interior of the barn and house are rather filled with those shadowy cobwebs, but if you open up all the windows, the morning sun will clear them out (or one of those Sunlight orbs). You don’t find much left except the skeletons of just about every living thing on the farm (animal bones, the family bones). There is plenty of room in the barn and house for everyone to find someplace under a roof to bed down. You could possibly use the farm to take time to repair the Cassowary, if you like (5 days). It has a basic garage (+0) for working on tractors and such.
Interlude
For +1 XP (to put on your character sheet immediately), write an interlude post about something you found in the house or barn or on the farm that brings up a memory or something from your past. If you like, use the Interlude table on page 132 of SWADE.
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.



***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Karsk/Toad (Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC)
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 5/8
Whiskey Pete 7/2
Mia 7/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Thomas » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:52 am

Letting his spell end Thomas walked up to the porch and sat down for a moment. The gouge through his shoulder was killing him and the pain a bit much. Over the radio he asks. "Got the last rift closed, but I need healing. Anyone have any power left?"

Looking around he sees Nazo. "Are you okay Naz? You were amazing, and fight like a Sunja."


After a moment Thomas heads to the grab the gear and start working n his shoulder.
Patching up his arm, success
Healing d4-2, Gear +1, Wound -1, Target Wound -1 = d4-3
Healing 1d4-3 = 1: 4
  • Ace 1d4-1 = 1: 2 That should have been +1, this is actually 3.
Wild Die 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Extra Effort w/Benny gained from this scene
Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 6: 3

Once all the conversation is over and his shoulder a little more comfortable Thomas heads into the farm house to look around. Is it possible someone in there is alive, possible someone was held inside, or is it only an empty box?

As he looks through the house Thomas sees it is an eclectic mix of belongings. The house obviously lived in a long time and with a diversity only a traveler could collect. Walking through he wonders, what valuables the house may have. Obviously he would never ask the other goodies-two-shows but if the house is empty what is the harm.

Then entering the master bedroom he sees an ancient looking roll top desk. A small corner of paper with only an couple inches showing was hanging out. Taping the side of it the roller activates and it rolls up, the letter sitting there is written in American.
Tawny,
I have to leave, when you see this I will already be on my way to Lang's. I know what he did, he helped Lana kill Mom and Dad. it is bad enough Lana died in her sleep without justice after years of benefiting from their death, but to know that Lang helped her and is living his life happily these last four years is too much for me. I have a plan and am not going to let my parents death go un-avenged.
If you see me again you will know that some small amount of justice was delivered. If not, well you know why I did what I did and the people of town will likely not believe the evidence I have.

Love Always Comodín
Thomas reads the letter, the words are a little to close to his own situation and he has pity for the poor woman that must have read that letter and raced to find her man. But such is the way of things. They were likely both eaten by monsters before ever having their vengeance on their dads killer. His own father's killer now has privilege to dine occasionally with Lord Dunscon. He obviously will go fully insane and kill her, but it will not be for the crime she committed, it will only be for displeasing him.
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 1 (fell on wrought iron fence)
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 0

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:39 pm

"A right brightly end for a buncha shady shites, if you ask me," Vik says, packing up his tools and doing a bit of investigating once the spiders are defeated.

Careful to keep a weapon at hand, he makes a circuit around the farm's buildings, eventually finding what he was looking for -- a cellar door half-buried by blown dust and creeping vines.

"Let's just see what ol' gran packed away in the pantry, shall we," he says, pulling away the greenery and lifting the door, revealing a set of dark but sturdy stairs.

Below, shelves built into the brick walls hold jars and jars of preserved vegetables and other food. Many of the jars hold contents that have long gone fuzzy and black, but Vik finds a few that appear edible ... including a jar of strawberry preserves. And there, in one corner, several sacks of potatoes that have somehow escaped the rot.

"Oy, Barry my boy! It's jam-and-tatties for us conquerin' hereos tonight! Just wait until you get a taste o' ..."

The techno-wizard's voice trails off as his eyes fall on a gallon-sized canister on the far shelf. Tears well up in his eyes. He calls up again, but only a whisper this time:

"And set aside some water, too, for we're to have a drink of rememberance tonight, we are."

Later, standing next to a great big pot of boiling tatties, Vik explains the significance of the meal he is preparing.

"Now see here, Barry boy. I've told you of mum's jam-and-tatties before, and you're about to have a taste a' them on the nonces. But this, this concoction is a consecrated cocktail of citric concentrate what I never thought would spill across my tongue again."

Reverently, Vik dips a heaping scoop of orange powder from the plastic canister, dropping it into a second pot holding a gallon of cool well water. The powder swirls and dissolves, turning the water an unnatural neon orange.

"Behold, my draconic droog, a wonder of a lost age: Tipple a tad 'cross that forked tongue of yours, and know the taste of Tang."

Handing the dragon a glass, Vik lifts his own mug and drinks deeply. Fresh tears form in his eyes.

"Tastes just like a Saturday morn, it does, wif cartoons dancing in the eyes of memory. Always kept a bucket of Tang in the cooler, mum did, and an old empty can on the shelf for holding the day's earnings. When my dear dead guinea pig, Sir Fontleroy, did depart his life after an ill-advised nap in the oven, his ashes went into another can. Kept it above me bed, I did, 'til one of the uncles swiped it thinking it held mum's shinies."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Thomas was hurt and she could do little to heal him or her own bruises. She was tempted to throw herself at him after his praise, but she merely nodded and told him, ” I cannot have sex right now. However your actions were noble and saved my life.” The last surge of spiders had been touch and go. Had Thomas not been able to close the rift she would have thought about going through a second time. Shadow’s own spiny legs had darted forward as she unloaded with her laser pistol. She touched her forearm where the tiny spider had struck her, it had hurt making her arm numb. That was a close one... I wonder what would they think? I couldn’t kill it after all...

Her backpack wiggled ever so slightly as she warily stepped into the house. What makes a home? Being born blind to a parent that could see and one that could not she had heard tales of colors. Blue, black, red, orange... The sun rise, and a simple photo. She bumped into the entry table. The photo tumbled down and its glass case shattered. A photo... All I see is paper.

Her voice was barely a whisper as she spoke with unease, ” Family... Love...” She bent low and gently brushed away the glass, ” Who were they? Were they happy? Were they angry? Did they hug, or fight?” She held the photo tight against her chest crumpling it, ” Kyoto seems so long ago. I barely remember my mother. Just glimpses of a shadow highlighted by the stories by father told. A warrior woman of unhearld grace and beauty. Auburn hair that shone like a sun rising. Nerve of steel and a willing foe of the Oni that plagued my homeland.” She spoke as if reciting someone else's words. For a moment she said nothing. Suddenly she punched through the wall, her exoskeleton armor gleaming with force, ” What is family? Is it this?” The anger in her voice roase. Exhausted Nazo held up the photo, ” I can’t even see this... I can’t have love. My master used to tell me over and over... You are Nazo, daughter of Keld and Shori, a demon queller. That your duty, job, and only love.”

She dropped the photo stepping over it and into whatever kitchen these people once had. ” I need a drink, Vik?” A black tendril stretched out from her pack and stroked her head through her armor. Thanks Shadow, you understand what is like to be alone.”

Next advance: animal companion Shadow Spider? What say you @KahlessNestor?
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Ryder removes one of the sunstones from the Cassowary and, leveling the rifle, uses stone to sweep the last of the cobwebs from the house, before finally popping the helm on his armor. "Okay, we're all clear in here, now."

Going back outside, he looks wistfully at the garage, but shakes his head. "Not enough scrap here to really do what we need to--pity, because I could get her back up and running full-notch here, otherwise." The Trimadore sighs, then goes through the garage to see if there's at least some more useful tools.

He doesn't find anything in particular of that nature, but he does pause as he comes to a toy motorcycle on the bench, one wheel currently off, obviously being prepared for repairs. He holds up the two pieces, thoughtfully.

When the orphanage in Haven burned down, some of the kids scattered to the winds. Ryder was one of them. Running away from the "Cavalry" patrol that had attacked the former safehouse, he'd had to head into the desert to try and find some shelter. After a long time, the adolescent happened across the remnants of a Golden Age highway running through the desert of the New West--the road was broken and half-buried, but still served as a means of not getting lost, at least. Moving along it, he ultimately came to an abandoned building of the same vintage, a small white concrete building with "Last Chance For Gas" sign almost completely faded by the century of sunlight. Poking around inside the abandoned structure, mainly looking for a place to rest, he came across a true wonder--an old battery-powered motorcycle. Of course, the battery was long-since drained, but, well, he was a Trimadore, after all. There were some defunct solar panels on the building's roof, and he was able to repair enough of them to serve as a decent, albeit slow, charging unit. Likewise, he found one battery that wasn't completely incapable of holding a charge. With these elements he was able to get the bike up an running.

As the Trimadore shakes off the reverie, he moves away from the workbench... Leaving behind the now-repaired motorcyle toy.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:41 pm

Ryder wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:50 pm
Ryder removes one of the sunstones from the Cassowary and, leveling the rifle, uses stone to sweep the last of the cobwebs from the house, before finally popping the helm on his armor. "Okay, we're all clear in here, now."

Going back outside, he looks wistfully at the garage, but shakes his head. "Not enough scrap here to really do what we need to--pity, because I could get her back up and running full-notch here, otherwise." The Trimadore sighs, then goes through the garage to see if there's at least some more useful tools.

He doesn't find anything in particular of that nature, but he does pause as he comes to a toy motorcycle on the bench, one wheel currently off, obviously being prepared for repairs. He holds up the two pieces, thoughtfully.

When the orphanage in Haven burned down, some of the kids scattered to the winds. Ryder was one of them. Running away from the "Cavalry" patrol that had attacked the former safehouse, he'd had to head into the desert to try and find some shelter. After a long time, the adolescent happened across the remnants of a Golden Age highway running through the desert of the New West--the road was broken and half-buried, but still served as a means of not getting lost, at least. Moving along it, he ultimately came to an abandoned building of the same vintage, a small white concrete building with "Last Chance For Gas" sign almost completely faded by the century of sunlight. Poking around inside the abandoned structure, mainly looking for a place to rest, he came across a true wonder--an old battery-powered motorcycle. Of course, the battery was long-since drained, but, well, he was a Trimadore, after all. There were some defunct solar panels on the building's roof, and he was able to repair enough of them to serve as a decent, albeit slow, charging unit. Likewise, he found one battery that wasn't completely incapable of holding a charge. With these elements he was able to get the bike up an running.

As the Trimadore shakes off the reverie, he moves away from the workbench... Leaving behind the now-repaired motorcyle toy.
Nazo quietly let Ryder have his moment. His radar image had always been a bit off compared to say Thomas or Ashley. But she did ask him softly as she drank a few swigs of whatever liquor she could find, ” Is something broken? Everything seemed to come out ok.” A wisp of shadow extended out of her backpack and stroked her head before it quickly retreated back into it. She seemed a bit off, but nothing a good night rest would cure.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Ryder nods to Nazo. "Everything is fine. It wasn't difficult to fix." He pauses for a moment, thinking he saw.... He shakes his head. "Are you alright, Nazo? You seem very tired."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm

Ryder wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:48 pm
Ryder nods to Nazo. "Everything is fine. It wasn't difficult to fix." He pauses for a moment, thinking he saw.... He shakes his head. "Are you alright, Nazo? You seem very tired."
Nazo twirled the bottle in hand catching it expertly with the opposite hand. It had been mostly emptied by this point.
She smiled finding the radar image of Ryder a curious intellectual puzzle. Is gangly the right word?
Softly she slurred, ” The exact word... Tsukarehateta.”
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Nazo wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm
”...Tsukarehateta.”
"Here now, Naz. No need to move on to the ladies just yet. Maybe ol' Tom will come 'round and give a bit of the ol' rodger-dodger. An 'if he don't, well, Barry and ol' Vik will help you find a right bouncin' set of tee-tas to suck on, if you still want 'em," Vik says, walking in on the end of the exchange and getting the wrong -- or the right idea.

"Here now, have a dram of this loverly orange tincture in that flask you've got," he says, offering Nazo a gargle or three of Tang. "Brighten up the day, it will, as a rightful reward for such as you what has waged the womanly war upon the shadowed and spidery infestations. ... Er, may want to wash up, spritely like. I fink your hair might be taking on a bit of life, like, else you've got a bit of a hitchikin' like, thing, coming offa your back."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Vik wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:16 pm
Nazo wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm
”...Tsukarehateta.”
"Here now, Naz. No need to move on to the ladies just yet. Maybe ol' Tom will come 'round and give a bit of the ol' rodger-dodger. An 'if he don't, well, Barry and ol' Vik will help you find a right bouncin' set of tee-tas to suck on, if you still want 'em," Vik says, walking in on the end of the exchange and getting the wrong -- or the right idea.

"Here now, have a dram of this loverly orange tincture in that flask you've got," he says, offering Nazo a gargle or three of Tang. "Brighten up the day, it will, as a rightful reward for such as you what has waged the womanly war upon the shadowed and spidery infestations. ... Er, may want to wash up, spritely like. I fink your hair might be taking on a bit of life, like, else you've got a bit of a hitchikin' like, thing, coming offa your back."
Nazo’s grasp of the english language was tenuous at best, she relied heavily on her psionic powers to translate most of what was said. Usually she did pretty well. But then there was Vik... What did he just say?
She of course took what he was offering with a smile and downed the orange liquid. She muttered a half coherent response to the state of her hair, ” That is shadow... Fate willing he will... He will be traveling with... With me.” She seemed to be struggling with words. Each one more labored than the next. The battle it seemed or perhaps being in the house itself was trying,

The rest of the stuff he was saying went over head... Although it seemed the group maybe tasked shortly to find some kind of tits for young bari to suck on.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:10 am

Date: October 9, 109 PA
Time: 1109
Weather: Normal for season (cool); no wind, no rain
Location: Baldur’s Ferry (ruins of Kansas City)
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Daylight
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

The refugees were a little wary of the house and barn after the spidery infestation, but a bright light cleared out the cobwebs. After a little cajoling, they were grateful for a place to settle down under an actual roof.

The morning dawned clear and bright, evaporating away any remnants of the shadow spiders. After a hearty breakfast from the remains of whatever stores remained on the farm -- no meat, but plenty of vegetables and grains in the root cellar -- they loaded up the Cassowary and Whiskey Pete’s Big Boss and the Trailblazers continued north. By the time the sun was reaching its zenith, the low buildings of Baldur’s Ferry stretched along the shimmering silver water of the Missouri River came into view.

Ryder and Wild Pete parked the Cassowary and Big Boss with the rest of the robot armors and vehicles, since the narrow streets of the ramshackle settlement didn’t accommodate them well outside of the main road through town and by the river, and the Coalition garrison didn’t much like large armor wandering around.

The team found accommodations for the night at the inn where they had stayed last time they came through, the Drunken Dragon. Some of the refugees, mostly D-Bees unsure of the Coalition presence, preferred to stay out in the vehicle camp. Whiskey Pete wanted to replenish his stock after it was destroyed in New Alamo, and now that they had gone through most of their supplies from New Alamo that were in the trailer, he had room.

Charlemagne and Karsk pulled Thomas and Ashley aside. “Karsk is going to head out to his tribe, gather some information,” he told her. “And there is a Legion caravan that is heading back to the Castle. I intend to go with it and make a report. I am leaving you in charge of the Trailblazers.” He held out one of his hands to them. “Congratulations on your promotions, Sergeant Thomas Hidentown and Corporal Ashley Logan.” He smiled at them. “Do me proud.”
Command changes
Thomas is now in command of the team and Ashley is second in command.
Baldur’s Ferry
You can spend as much time as you like in Baldur’s Ferry, or just keep going. You are about 19 hours away from Fort Hope by riverboat, and about 32 hours overland. Baldur’s Ferry is a frontier town. It is ostensibly controlled by the Coalition and has a garrison of Deadboys, but the governor and garrison are highly corrupt.
  • The north and east banks are firmly Coalition territory and actually heavily fortified. It isn’t a fortress city, but it does have defensive walls, artillery, and heavy weapons in the garrison. No D-Bees are allowed, and they control the North-South ferry into northern CS Missouri.
  • The west bank of the river (Kansas City, KS) is technically outside CS territory and where most of the D-Bees live.The East-West ferry across the Kansas River and out of CS Missouri is an open ferry.
  • The south bank is more mixed territory. It is technically part of CS MIssouri, but other than farming and trading settlements along the river, southern Missouri is a little populated area of wilderness that sees only the occasional Coalition patrol.
    • The west end of the south bank (and the Drunken Dragon) contains a lot of D-Bees and any on the team won’t have a problem there. The Tomorrow Legion has an outreach post in the Drunken Dragon to facilitate its business with the river merchants (and keep an eye on the Coalition).
    • The east end is where the Coalition has a smaller garrison of mostly just Deadboys (though easily reinforced by SAMAS from across the river) and more of a human population. D-Bees might get some looks and harassment, but they won’t be outright attacked.
  • The Law
    • Absolutely no D-Bees north of the river. The North Side is run essentially like any other Coalition city. You won’t even be allowed to board the Coalition controlled ferry, and if you happen to get across some other way, they will likely shoot first, ask no questions, and hang your body on the walls as an example.
    • No Large Vehicles or Robot Armor. Outside the main roads leading to the ferries and along the river, the streets are just too narrow and congested. Also, the Coalition likes a monopoly on heavy weapons.
    • Heavy Weapons Restricted. While it isn’t illegal to carry MD weapons, anyone carrying them openly (rocket launchers, any two handed MD ranged weapons) will likely find a Deadboy patrol loitering in the street any time he comes out of a building. You likely won’t get in trouble, but they might harass you a bit and just in general make your visit annoying. Mechanically it will mean there will always be a patrol within 1d3 rounds of you if trouble starts (as opposed to 1d6).
    • D-Bees and Magic Users Know Your Place. Your place is beneath a Deadboy’s boot heel, preferably dead, but the Coalition is merciful (for money). The merchant guilds and the Black Market pay a lot of money to the governor to maintain this mercy. They won’t be too pleased with (and will provide no help to) anyone that upsets the status quo. If you don’t start trouble, you won’t get in trouble. Deadboys will mostly leave you be, but sometimes they like to flex a little and might harass you. If you don’t properly grovel and humiliate yourself, trouble will start. Best to avoid eye contact and not catch attention. In the West End it will be much less of a problem than the East End. A couple times a year, as a show of force, the garrison will conduct a purge. Usually they plan them and announce them well in advance, and then all the Deadboys march through the southern side of the town, roust out all the D-Bees and magic users, and then head back to their garrison. The next day all the D-Bees return and resume their lives. However, if there is an “incident” big enough, the Coalition could do an unannounced purge. This would be much more violent, including beaten and dead D-Bees, damage to D-Bee businesses, and ejection until the governor decides to let them back in, usually because the guilds and Black Market manage to put together some kind of bribe.

[/list]

What can you do in Baldur’s Ferry
  • You can do one of these things each day you stay in town. Write an interlude scene (per day) describing your activities.
  • Fix the Cassowary. There are garages (+0) built at the edge of town to service the Vehicle Camp outside of town. You can also purchase or trade for parts. If you don’t want to stay the entire 5 days necessary to do a complete repair, you can repair a Serious Problem per the Technical Difficulties rule. This will allow you to reduce the penalty by 1 OR reduce the number of days it takes to repair the Severe Failure by 1 each day you spend doing it. Number of hours and cost each day are the same as the TD table. On a failure, increase the penalty by one or the number of days by one. On a Critical Failure, you caught the attention of a Deadboy patrol. Take 1d4 Wounds of Fatigue as they beat the crap out of you. You can Soak. Unless you choose to fight. Then we go to Encounter.
  • Buy and Trade. If you have credits to spend or goods to trade, this is the place. Make a Streetwise roll to find a buyer or seller and a Persuasion or Intimidation per the Networking rules in SWADE to negotiate a price. You can also help Whiskey Pete restock or get more Resources for Fort Hope.
  • Settle the Refugees. Baldur’s Ferry could be a good place for them to settle if you don’t want to cart them the rest of the way to Fort Hope. It’s at least civilization. Make a Persuasion roll. Each success and raise keeps 5 refugees with the party. Do well, you might even pick up more settlers! On a Critical Failure, you caught the attention of a Deadboy patrol. Take 1d4 Wounds of Fatigue as they beat the crap out of you. You can soak. Unless you choose to fight. Then we go to Encounter.
  • Gather Intelligence. Make a Streetwise roll to find a contact, then use the Networking rules from SWADE. Gather one piece of intelligence per success and raise. Tell me what information you found. Bring it to the Legion rep in the Drunken Dragon. +1 Benny or an Adventure Card, plus a possible reward from the Legion.
  • Carouse! Want to make some credits? Make friends and influence people? Choose a skill. Describe how you use it to do so. Choose your reward:
    • Credits: On a success, take your IF’s starting credits. +1 die type for each Raise. On a failure, take the credits, but you pissed someone off.
    • Contact: Choose to make a contact. Roll 1d20. You may choose to bring them to Fort Hope or leave them in Baldur’s Ferry as a Contact.
    • Reputation: Gain a +2 to all social rolls in Baldur’s Ferry.

[/list]


Instructions
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.



***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
Whiskey Pete 2/2
Mia 2/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:17 am

Nazo tossed her empty bottle onto the ground. Her throat was burning and she did not have to worry about blood shot eyes... So everything was situational normal, except Charlemagne gave Thomas and Ashley the nod. No time for love now. Those two will be buried in something called paperwork, and to busy giving orders to care about the affairs of the heart. She sighed and wiped her mouth free of dried spittle. Passing out in the howda had been the preferred method of travel. Folks like Andy were always going on and on.
Andy in the howda
Andy pulled on Nazo’s black hemmed bottom of her Komono. She grunted sucking down a bit more orange liquor. The Howda swayed to an fro. Nice an easy. Thank you Karsk, feels like I am inside my mom.

The browned hair and freckled kid tugged at her kimono again. The japanese style dress had seen better days. After the fight with the spiders it was torn in many places. Though this time the kid piped up, ” Hey Ms Nazo can you tell us the story about how Vik, Thomas, Ashley, and Bari saved New Alamo?”

Nazo muttered, ” Kid, I was there too...” So were others, Charlemagne and Karsk...

This had been the first time Nazo had responded so of course the kid pressed for more. Excitedly Andy yelled up to her even though she was right next to him, ” What happened? Why did they attack? We’re there many? How was it fighting next to real heroes?”

Inwardly Nazo grimaced, outwardly she threw up on the kid... Mostly just a bunch of orange liquid mixed with stomach bile. Lately the taste of food had not appealed to her. A liquid diet seemed to be more efficient.

Sadly even that experience left the wide eyed puke smelling kid wanting more. Andy’s verbal assult was something had Erin a Tarin been present would have easily made it into her latest world book.
Nazo shivered partly glad the memory of last couple days was hazy. In her backpack a shadow rustled indicating hunger she slipped a piece of hard tack in and the pack bustled rapidly then simmered down. A thing inky tendril lanced out striking Nazo softly in the head. Need more food Shadow?

Nazo glanced at her empty bottle, Yeah me too. Let’s go find Wisky P and get some grub...

After a brief exchange with Wiskey Peete that left Nazo a bit satisfied she walked into Baulder’s Ferry with a detailed map in hand explaining exactly what she needed to procure. Her other hand had a bit of payment, a small amber filled bottle with something that smelt as sweet as rot gut and a tad on the bitter side. She crumpled the list and tossed it into a trash receptacle. Can’t read Peete... After adjusting her backpack she headed into town only with a slight shuffle.

Unable to read the CS warnings or the Anti DeeBee rules Nazo wondering into the heavily fortified CS part of town. The daily arts and craft show attracted her of all things. having never been able to see the artwork of her father she found the idea of painting fascinating. Things that people made were equally intriguing. She would run her hands over the objects feeling every stitch, seem, and fastening. The more texture the better.

A loud voice called at Nazo, Male, low, and sounds over weight. ”Hey... You can’t just handle the merchandise like that miss. Some of it is fragile.” She had wondered into one of the many covered stalls at the craft fair. She quickly placed the item back on a table. Crack! Something broke on it. Definitely made of wood. The man wearing nice clothes yelled this time, ” Hey, got to pay for that now! Can’t just come in here...”

Nazo backed away apologizing, ” So sorry... So sorry...” She backed away and accidentally knocked her hat back on one of the tents roof rails... Just enough for the man to tell she had no eyes. Oh shit... Not enough liquor in town for this storm. She hiccuped.

The man yelled startled, ” Splugorth witch! Gaurds! Guards!” The merchant hit his panic button usually reserved for shop lifters. ” Crazy D-bee, your Splugorth masters will never take me!”

Nazo stumbled back into the street right into the armored chest of a CS soldier. The armor felt cold to the touch, and the neural maces his friends hit her with were all warm and fuzzy...

Nazo woke up strung up with hard itchy rope round her wrists. Her lip was oozing blood onto the ground while her feet dangled barely touching the ground. Her innate radar was a bit fuzzy, she needed water. Her voice was horse and dry as she whispered, ”Mizu... Mizu...”

A soldier was in the room. He set her backpack on a chair nearby and drew his laser pistol. His voice was full of unbridled hatred, ” Do you have a name D-Bee? Rachel? Lizbeth? Alexia?”

A voice pipped up from her backpack, muffled synthetic but still somewhat clear, ” How can I help you?”

The soldier put the laser pistol to Nazo’s head. He yelled furious with surprise, ” What was that you frakimg splugorth? Tell me or I’ll blast you!”

Nazo bled some more from the cuts on her face. She croaked, ”T... Ablet.”

The man smacked her with the but of the pistol. It was solid and hurt. Nazo winced repeating, ” Tablet... Alexia is a tablet.”

The soldier’s eyes narrow and he turned to look at her backpack. He pulled out his own data pad and tapped on it. ” A computer eh? I got a data pad too. Mine has a list of all the d-bees we are going after this month. Top of the line. We’ll see what secrets yours knows D-bee then I’ll kill you.” He started to open the backpack.

Nazo summoned her strength and cried, ” No! Leave the pack alone!”

The soldier chuckled and shot nazo in the stomach with the laser. It burned. ” Don’t worry, just a flesh wound you witch. Lets see what...” His voice trailed off as he unzipped it fully. Several tendrils wrapped arround him and sucked him fully into the pack defying any known laws of physics. A tendril lanced out cutting Nazo’s bonds. The soldier was gone. Ughh... That was fast.

Nazo gathered her items and put her armor back on. Still weak she stroked the shadow within her pack, ” Thanks Shadow... Those people are ok to eat.” She scooped up the CS soldiers data pad and headed back to the team. She was not sure if the pad had been broken but maybe the legion rep could use the info on it.
Gatherimg imtelegence, streetwise 2 or 4 with cha, intimidation 5
Streetwise 1d4-4 = 0: 4 ace 1d4 = 2: 2wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Intimidate 1d6 = 1: 1 wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ashley Logan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Ashley went into Baldur's Ferry carrying a complicated ball of emotions along with her. Dismay that Thomas was now in charge. A mix of pride and fear that she was now in a position of responsibility. More dismay that Thomas was in charge. And...even though Charlemagne was an alien, Ash couldn't help but feel that she'd miss him. He'd been so...calm. Thoughtful. He had passion, but it never seemed to rule him. He never seemed to struggle with it.

The team needed someone like that, and neither she nor Thomas fit the bill. What the hell were they going to do?

Not wanting to focus on her own troubles, Ash turned instead to the refugees. She knew quite a bit about the Coalition after all, and offered advice on what to do, and how to avoid trouble. She found receptive ears among the fleeing people, who quickly realized she knew what she was talking about.

For her own sake, she kept her helmet on all the time and 'cloaked' her powers as best she could so as not to draw Dog Boys or Psi-Bat operatives. The last thing anyone needed was for her to be recognized.

Working with refugees: 9
Persuasion 1d6 = 3: 3 or 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Barinthasheer » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:57 am

Despite having strengthened his mind quite a bit since joining the team Barinthatsheer could still only maintain human form for about 8 hours a day. This left him staying in a garage with the Cassoway much of the day. At first he tried to learn from and help Ryder but it quickly became apparent that aside from heavy lifting, the kid was the opposite of helpful when it came to mechanical tasks. It wasn't for lack of trying but the young wyrm just didn't know his own strength. After stripping out bolts and breaking tools for much of the first day Ryder and Vik politely told him to go play with the refugee children.
Persuasion to keep refus, 12 success +2 raises!!
Persuasion 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace!! 1d6+10 = 12: 2
Having travelled with the boy/dragon for the last few weeks had allowed the refugees to get to know the youth and despite his often poor people skills they are moved by his pleas to stay with the team until their destination is reached. He even makes some friends among the local debee community when some grackle youths he'd been wrestling with earlier came to look for the "super strong human kid" only to find a napping dragon. After their initial shock the youths are amazed and impressed with the open mindedness of the legion team and spread word to their parents and others.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Ryder » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Ryder has precisely one concern--getting the Aeon Cassowary in proper working order again. So, after being introduced to the Legion rep by Charlemagne, the Trimadore sits down in the Drunken Dragon. "Given the troubles we've had so far, I'm afraid our ride will not be able to sustain much more trouble before failing entirely, forcing us to try to march the refugees through the wastes. Pretty sure Vic and I can manage the repairs, even if we have to stay outside of town to do it, but we need parts. Biggest issue is the capacitor--it's practically fused into a tube of copper, at this point, rather than a proper coil. But that's caused problems throughout the electrical systems and sub-systems; I don't think we're going to be able to fix it for anything less than 400K. I'm not looking for a handout, here, but rather, pointing out that the mission we're currently on, on behalf of the Legion, has a materiel issue that needs to be addressed."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Vik » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:33 pm

"Oh, right as Lord Richard's runny nose, you get us the wrecky-er, requiring-zish ... you get the Legion to front the parts, ol' Tom, and me and Ryder'll have the ol' Casio running tip-top on the nonce, like, day or two tops, wif' plenty of time out for bird-chasing and sampling of the local tinctures and brews."

Seeing how Ashley and Barry have the refugees in hand, Vik thinks to meander over to the other side of the river for a drink while he waits for the material needed to effect the repairs. Instead, he runs into Nazo as she returns, beaten and looking worse for wear, her breath and clothing redolent of booze.

"Oy there, ol' Naz, might wanna talk ol' Whiskey Pete to serve up a bowl of oats along with the next bottle of distilled barley and rye. Even the mightiest of barflies needs a bit of bacon and brown bread every once to help sop the spirits."

Getting little response, he turns away from the town's delights and searches out Thomas.

"Look here, Tommy, I know what lookin' out for those not named Tom ain't 'xactly in your wheelhouse, but you're the man in charge what ol' Charles is gone, and a member of your team's wallowing a mite, bit on the bottom of the bottle and all. Now, Vik knows his way 'round the deep and darkening pits of depression, like, and it don't take a psyche-atrick reading to tell what Naz is struggling with a touch of despair. Maybe a word of encouragement or guest pass to the old Harem of Happy Endings would lift her spirits, like, so's she lays off of Whiskey Pete's wares a touch. I mean, ain't as if she's likely to go blind, being what already and all. But might improve the smell and, like, general air of half-dead defeat."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 0/3 + 1/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Nazo passed @Vik unsure of anything the tech wizard was going on about. She did catch the words bacon and barflies. She swaggered passed muttering, ”Thanks Vik... I’ll see if Shadow enjoys those foods.” She showed him her rope burned palms, ” All out of liquor, yeah after I drop this coalition pad with the legion rep, time for a shower and another bottle.” Interestingly she was not keeping her hat over her no eyes, and was walking with a slight limp, as if she she had gotten hit hard in the stomach.

As she walked away she offered some bitter advice about Baulder’s Ferry, ” Stay clear of the South Bridge... They don’t like people like me. They might not like you either.” From her pack a small tendril of black shadow snaked out nabbing a fly and it withered back into the backpack snack in hand.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 8/25, Isp: 30/30
Active Powers:


Bennies: 3/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-2 interlude

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”