Snow in Saguaro

User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Keiko » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 pm

Keiko sighed and dutifully took her place alongside Kelly.

A little bored already, she made a game of looking ahead to see if there were more cameras, and plotting what kind of hilarious shenanigans to show those cameras instead of her squad marching down the hallway.

User avatar
Kelly
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Kelly » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:33 am

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:32 pm
Marcus looks at Kelly. "Can you see through my mind? I,I can see through s,s,stuff"
"I don't...think so... Kelly slowly says through the SVC, with more than a hint of uncertainty in her tone. AS they move she tries to keep Blitz and his metal sphere between her an the majority of the hallway behind.

" I mean, I might be able to, but it would require me to take over your thoughts completely. I've never really tried without gaining full control. It never really came up in any of the training scenarios we ran." Kelly, shakes her head and brings her focus back to the moment. "Either way, now probably isn't the time to try it out."
OOC Comments
Kelly most certainly can't see through other peoples eyes. That would require the telepathy power with the mind rider modifier. She currently has a limited form of telepathy that only works with her mind control to grant the infinite distance advantage of that power. I just wrote this to leave open the chance for its development and to play her up as a "newbie"
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 4/6
Toughness: 9(4)

Active effects:
Notable Edges: Killer Instinct, Mentalist

Bennies: 2/3
-1 for mind reading children

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
11 EP (factoring in free pistol)
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
  • (0) Cold Weather Clothes
  • (0) Subvoval Comlink - Speak to the team silently, -4 to notice it
  • (0) Encrypted Smartphone - 24 hour charge, -6 to hack or jam
  • (4) Armored Stealth Suit - +4 armor, +2 to stealth on visual and sound
    • 7lbs
  • (1) Ballistic Helmet - +4 armor on the head
    • 4lbs
  • (¼) Folding Knife - Concealable
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
  • (2) Advanced First Aid Kit
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
  • (½) Tranquilizer Pen - vigor roll at -4 (-6 with raise)
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
  • (1) Night vision goggles - eliminates dim and dark penalties
    • 2 lbs

Weight: 23 of 40lbs

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:37 am

Marcus nods, "oh, okay, well if you want to be safe in the sphere you still can,but your situation awareness will be low."
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Trent
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Trent » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Trent chuckles sticking near Simon. Hopefully Kieko’s theoretical antics would have whatever security is stationed here in stitches right quick. Trent kept the chatter at a minimum preferring to remain alert and focused.

Simon’s quick and quiet question about the Directorate pulled on his mind a bit. That was a good question and even better if they were why did not SPEAR tell the team. The more he thought about it as he headed down the left hall way the more he felt this was a one way trip for folks who pissed off the wrong people.

What would my wife think? My kid... Kieko catches his eye and her youth seals the deal. Out of the blue Trent muttered, ” Fuck this!” He put his phone on the ground breaking it and snapping the sim card. ” We are without a net on this one. Best if no one is pulling the strings.”

Maybe this cost him his families life, but he was done for now taking the lives of other SPEAR agents.

1d20: 13
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness:9(4) +4 armor
Skills:
Notice d4
Athletics: d6
Tradecraft: d6
Fighting: d8

User avatar
Azrael
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Azrael » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:53 pm

Sticking close to Julie almost directly behind her, Azrael shakes his head at the banter and the ripping of the newbies. He listens close for any sounds of enemies getting ready to ambush them.

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Trent wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 pm
Out of the blue Trent muttered, ” Fuck this!” He put his phone on the ground breaking it and snapping the sim card. ” We are without a net on this one. Best if no one is pulling the strings.”
@Trent, what the heck, man? Are we compromised?" She means, "are the comms compromised," but it comes out this way.

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Trent wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Simon’s quick and quiet question about the Directorate pulled on his mind a bit. That was a good question and even better if they were why did not SPEAR tell the team. The more he thought about it as he headed down the left hall way the more he felt this was a one way trip for folks who pissed off the wrong people.

Out of the blue Trent muttered, ” Fuck this!” He put his phone on the ground breaking it and snapping the sim card. ” We are without a net on this one. Best if no one is pulling the strings.”
Simon showed no surprise but turned slowly back to look at @Trent and put his right hand on Trent's right shoulder, gave a squeeze, a nod and turned back with both hands on his newly acquired H&K.
Julie wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:17 pm
@Trent, what the heck, man? Are we compromised?" She means, "are the comms compromised," but it comes out this way.

Simon felt it better that they go full tactical but realized that the team was ill equipped to follow through that way. So his response was just a nod from him to @Julie.

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Holy crap, Marcus considered himself a cautious person. But why did he not consider the team was comprised, he had to do something to ensure that none of them turned on him. Maybe the new kid was safe, but what about the others...
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:41 pm

The group heads left, wisely spacing themselves out as to avoid a total party loss in case of an ambush. The hallway is about 10 feet wide (3.ish") and 20 feet long (6ish") It is quickly apparent that the large metal sphere rolling on the concrete makes being stealthy almost impossible. The group enters the left hallway and the lights immediately go out, a dull green emergency lighting system kicking in a few seconds later. With a successful notice roll, you see another one of the small cameras mounted at the end of the hall.
OOC Comments
If Keiko is using an illusion, roll it now please. The lighting is now Dim. Also give me a notice roll at a -2, this is for hearing so please apply/subtract any necessary penalties.
Those brave enough to go to the end of the hallway, see that it leads down 30 meters (15 squares) with a room with a closed door on the left, and two other rooms with closed doors on the right. The door on the left is about 5 meters down (2.5") and the ones on the right are 7 (3.5'0 and 15 meters (7.50 down. At the end of the hallway is a door with the words "Stairs" imprinted on it.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:38 pm

OOC Comments
Notice d6-2
Notice 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Does Low Light Vision reduce this penalty?

Benjy to reroll
Notice 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Azrael
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Azrael » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Notice: 5
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Azrael raises his hand to quiet those nearby as he listens closer as he feels something is clearly amiss. Hearing some low moaning and some beeping Azrael motions toward a door on the left he moves up to it cautiously slowly opening the door with his gun in hand.

User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Keiko » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Keiko spotted the camera, and quickly concentrated, creating an image in front of the the sensor...depicting a scene of the corridor beyond being empty of anyone or anything moving through it. For the moment she managed to avoid the temptation to show a monster clown or something walking down towards the camera, grinning toothily...but it was only a matter of time.

The others could see it, a square picture hanging in the air like a TV screen without a TV, blocking the camera from their sight.

"I got the camera," she said softly.

Rolls
Notice 1d6: 4 or 1d6: 4

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Keiko hears a soft rhythmic beeping noise behind the door Azrael is about to open, He slowly turns the handle, and eases the door open.

The group sees what appears to be a small infirmary. There are two hospital beds, a slew of medical machines pushed against one of the walls, The emergency lights are on in here as well, and one of the machines seems to be beeping, an error message flashing on its monitor. You notice a man, laying on the floor, wearing only brief underwear and a pair of dress shoes, Anyone who succeeds with a notice or k/medicine roll can easily see that his extremities are bright red, obviously a case of extreme frostbite. As the door opens the man looks to Azrael, a thin stream of drool spilling out of the corner of his mouth.

"You came" he says, grinning madly. "You finally came. Let's get out of here, shall we?" He scowls. "Did you get her? Did you get that $%#@!?"
OOC Comments
Anyone who enters the room, please give me a notice roll at a -4. Feel free to interact with the man, and the room. Pose your questions/actions and I will respond.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Cross hears the beeping of the medical equipment, sees the man on the floor in his skivvies, and pops his head in for a cursory glance.

"Were there two of you in this room?"

Cross points to the second set of medical equipment and monitors that were set up on opposites sides of the room.

Notice 9 _
[*] Notice 1d6+2 = 6: 4
[*] Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+8 = 9: 1
Cross remembers the man asking about getting a she and he goes back to pulling sentry duty in the hallway.

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Floating to the room Marcus hears the man's words and says to the others over the subvocals. "Enemy t,t,telepath, or insanity?" But he gives up before finishing, frustrated at the effort of getting it all out.

"I am n, not a shoe p,p, guy. But his lefty is weird. "

Success
Notice 1d6-4 = 2: 6 Ace 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 pm

His effort to review the situation pays off. Just as he is backing out of the door an oddity in the man draws his attention.

" @Marcus and @Azrael, cover me." He slings is H&K over his shoulder and bends down near the man.

First Cross checks the tissue around the hands and wrists. Next he shakes his head, shoes on and no covers for the beds. He then inspects the man for needle marks where IVs and transfusition would go, because cold people need hidration and fluids. He then returns to the shoes.

"Outside of the fact he is wearing shoes, anyone else think these shoes are weird?"

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 pm

The man looks at Cross, confused. "Two?" he coughs, and spits up a good amount of blood. He turns and you see it. A thick shard of ice, buried deep in his stomach already turning into a dark red slush.
OOC Comments
A healing roll would be helpful here.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Cross grabs the man's shoe and gives it a twist. The heel pops off and an SD drive falls to the ground.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Looking for sheets or anything he can use to press the wound, Cross shakes his head while he searches.

Picking up the chip from the floor, Cross hands @Trent one of the confiscated laptops and the chip "See what you can do with this."

taking the extra winter gear from his pack he gets the man comfortable and begins applying pressure and seeping the wound dry withwhatever sheets or bedding he can find. He does not say anything about how bad a stomach wound is.

"So how exactly did you end up here?"

While the man holds the compress, Cross pulls out a canteen and gives the man some water.

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 pm

The man pauses for a moment, then his eyes roll into the back of his head. After an uncomfortably long pause, he snaps back to attention, spitting out a dark red wad of mucus. "Extract! We Need to Extract! She will kill us" a coughing fit, so severe you think it will never end. "all..." he says meekly.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Cross gives the man another swig of water from his canteen, grateful he had brought two cuz he has no way of sterilizing the canteen or the water.

Turning to those behind him, "Need to get moving. The enemy has already moved on to our location."

Facing the wounded man once more, "How many have you seen here?"

Cross continues to apply pressure and position the man as comfortably as possible, even leaning him against the wall to get him to lean over the wound and so he does not drown in his own blood and bile.

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Simon CROSS Harris wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Cross continues to apply pressure and position the man as comfortably as possible, even leaning him against the wall to get him to lean over the wound and so he does not drown in his own blood and bile.
”Hey, @Kelly, take a look at this guy, will you? Let’s not have him bleed out on us. I can help. @Simon CROSS Harris, make some room.”

Notice 9 (5 after scene modifier, if applicable), Healing 7 to support Kelly
Notice 1d8: 8 + 1d8: 1
Wild 1d6: 2
Julie ignores obscurement penalties for Notice rolls

Healing (gifted) 1d4: 4 + 1d4: 3
Wild 1d6: 5

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Marcus kept thinking this feel like a trap. To much like a trap for him to be comfortable. Moving away from the man on the ground he looks around for who ever is going to ambush them.
Notice
Rolled above, does not feel right to keep rolling in the same scene.
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Kelly
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Kelly » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:28 am

Julie wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 pm

”Hey, Kelly, take a look at this guy, will you? Let’s not have him bleed out on us. I can help. Simon CROSS Harris, make some room.”
Rolls
Healing 1d8+2 = 10: 8 (+1 from advanced Medkit, +1 from Julie's support)
Ace! 1d8+10 = 13: 3
Wild 1d6+1 = 5: 4

Mind Reading (+2 from Mentalist), -4 from going undetected option)
Smarts 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4

If the opposed roll fails, killer instinct gives her a re-roll:
Smarts 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Kelly was just reaching out to open one of the other doors, maybe unwisely, with everyone else's focus on the dying man in the other room, when Julie called out to her.

Kelly rushes into the room, and doesn't miss a beat as she takes in the rambling man and his many wounds. She had seen much more gruesome injuries in her ER rotations back in Med-school.

"Give me some room" she says, squeezing in between Cross and the stranger. She opens the Med Kit and removes the cloth Cross had been using to staunch the bleeding. She quickly disinfects the wound, and after a quick inspection, stitches up what she can and dresses it in sterile bandages.

While, she works, she reaches out to the man's mind, hoping to get info that the his rambling isn't giving them.
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 4/6
Toughness: 9(4)

Active effects:
Notable Edges: Killer Instinct, Mentalist

Bennies: 2/3
-1 for mind reading children

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
11 EP (factoring in free pistol)
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
  • (0) Cold Weather Clothes
  • (0) Subvoval Comlink - Speak to the team silently, -4 to notice it
  • (0) Encrypted Smartphone - 24 hour charge, -6 to hack or jam
  • (4) Armored Stealth Suit - +4 armor, +2 to stealth on visual and sound
    • 7lbs
  • (1) Ballistic Helmet - +4 armor on the head
    • 4lbs
  • (¼) Folding Knife - Concealable
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
  • (2) Advanced First Aid Kit
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
  • (½) Tranquilizer Pen - vigor roll at -4 (-6 with raise)
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
  • (1) Night vision goggles - eliminates dim and dark penalties
    • 2 lbs

Weight: 23 of 40lbs

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:23 pm

When @Kelly shows with the medkit, Cross bows out. Carefully backing out past @Julie and nodding to @Trent as Cross places a confiscated laptop and the chip into Trent's hands.

"Do your thing. We have information that needs retrieving. You have the skills and I have your back. Now get cracking."

Cross unslinges his H&K machine gun and moves further down the hall. He checks the two remaining doors by placing a hand on them only. He feels for the cold and looks out for more spy cams.

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Placing a metal hand softly on Cross's should Sentinel looks through the unopened doors for booby traps and ambushes before cross opens them to ensure no dangers. His normally large bubble compressed down around him to allow more mobility.

Speaking over the sub-vocal coms he says. "Let me check for traps."
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Trent
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Trent » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Last Op
A bald man was looking at Trent with a puzzle look of horror and disapointment. Mordrick Hangbang a mad bomber if their ever was one in SPEAR. Trent was 20 feet from him unconsious lying in the snow with his cammo cloak on top of him making him blend into the nearby snow bank.

Mordrick yelled fighting the cold wind having lost his helmet earlier, ”I know it was you, you goddamn mother fucker. You killed them.”. Mordrick drew his HK having finally located Trent. ” Just tell me why Trent? I had your back the whole fucking time. I was watching out for you. Why—-“ ppfit whent the head shot from Trent’s nearly silient drone flying behind Mordrick. The mad bomber fell to the ground with little ceremony staining the snow red.

The drone landed easily near Trent settling into the snow. The cyber security agent shook his head disengaging with the drone controller cradled at his feet and stood walking to the body of Mordrick. Trent muttered pulling out his phone and sending a text, ” You wouldn’t understand why... Sorry...” His phone chimed softly and he glanced at it seeing a photo of his wife and daughter he had never met.
Trent nods at his hero glad that Cross gave him a task. It was easier for him to consentrate now that his phone had been smashed and left behind. I... I can’t go through that again... Not even for them.

He settles down and closes his eyes going into the laptop and chip Cross had found. ” Thanks Cross.”

Hacking +6-4= 1d8+2 = 6: 4 wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness:9(4) +4 armor
Skills:
Notice d4
Athletics: d6
Tradecraft: d6
Fighting: d8

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:54 pm

Julie gets to work and quickly stabalizes the wound. She even finds a pharmaceutical grade pain killer which seems to help the man's pain level tremendously. So much so that the mad glaze that has spread over his eyes is gone, and his wits appear to be about him. He no longer whines about "her" whoever that may be, and instead keeps his mouth shut, occasionally glancing past Julie to the door as if expecting someone.

With Marcus's help, Cross quickly determines that the doors are not trapped. Marcus not only discovers that they are not trapped, but he seems clear through them, and the other sets of doors beyond them to discover that four people seem to be locked behind four separate doors, as if they are in prison cells.

Trent slices through the facilities security like a space wasp through a bio borg, quickly gaining access to the networked cameras again. When he puts the SD card into the laptop he pulls up a series of encrypted filescontaining quite a bit of information regarding the facility itself. He learns that there is a secret project known as "Prometheus" and that there is something in the facility that is an experiment, being tested on the hostages.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2922
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by RFT » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Over the coms Marcus explains the prisoners. "We, s,s, maybe can clear t,t,the building before s,s,s recovering them."
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 8
  • +8 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 6
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 8
  • +7 Players
    +1 Sidekicks
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:32 am

RFT wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:49 pm
Over the coms Marcus explains the prisoners. "We, s,s, maybe can clear t,t,the building before s,s,s recovering them."
Julie hears @Marcus's transmission, and considers. On the one hand, prisoners could get in our way, and they are likely safe enough right where they are. On the other, there's a chance they might have useful intel.

She replies, What's their physical state look like? Do they look injured? Sane?

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 am

Somehow communicating a whole sentence without hesitating or stuttering Sentinel says. "Looks like four teens, around 13 and up. I cannot see any signs of health issues."

OOC Comments
@Pursuit
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am

Marcus wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 am
Somehow communicating a whole sentence without hesitating or stuttering Sentinel says. "Looks like four teens, around 13 and up. I cannot see any signs of health issues."

OOC Comments
@Pursuit
Not kids. Julie sighs. Negative, @Marcus. Let’s get those kids out of there. We’ll figure out the logistics of what we do with them after.

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:20 am

Pursuit wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am
Not kids. Julie sighs. Negative, Marcus. Let’s get those kids out of there. We’ll figure out the logistics of what we do with them after.
With the orders given, Marcus concentrate for a brief moment as the metal doors melt and slide towards him adding to his available mass and freeing the teens. His words are simple and quite. "Roger."
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:34 pm

The metal turns to sludge, pouring away from the walls and attaching to Marcus's already substantial sphere. There is a loud clatter and the plastic windows used for observation in the former cells hit the floor. Everyone else now sees what Marcus did, four young people, two boys (about 17 and 14) and two girls (about 13 and 16), stand there in shock. They are wearing hospital gowns and all of them have shortly cropped hair. The younger of the two girls looks at Marcus, shock in her eyes. The shock quickly dissipates as she looks intently at the gathered Spear members, and tries to drive Fear into their hearts.
OOC Comments

Everyone within 12" of the girl make a fear check by rolling Spirit at -2. I did not map this, so please determine for yourself where your character is. Sgt and Rob's characters are most certainly in this radius where those in the hospital suite are not.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:40 pm

Spirit 7 _
[*] Spirit 1d6-2 = 0: 2
[*] Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Simon turns to the girl and brings his Glock 18 to bear, level with her chest.

"You help no one by doing that."

He quickly pulls the slide on the hand gun and loads a round into the chamber but leaves the safety on. Only a fraction of a second required to disengage the safety and shoot.

Guess with all the crap that has been going on, little kids are now playing in the big boys' game. Would really hate to put down a kid but team's safety first.

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 pm

Fear Check = Pass
Fear 1d6: 6
Wild 1d6: 1
As the fear rolls over him Marcus steps back holding his hands out by nature, before realizing their was no way the young lady could see inside the 2 meter dome wrapped around him. As Cross pulls his weapon and intimidates the child Marcus catches the ejected round in mid air floating it so the mass can join his sphere. Never waste metal which may be needed later.

Over his coms he says. "Cross, let's not hurt the kids, they are scared and reacting the same way any of us would."

On Hold
Marcus is on hold, if a bullet is fired he will absorb it rather than let a child die.
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Keiko » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:47 pm

FEAR: 10
1d6-2 = -1: 1 or 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6: 4
Keiko, still hanging out around Marcus, is taken aback by the sudden creepiness of the kids. From how that little girl is squinting hard at her image, she reckons there's probably some bad mojo going on...but aside from that 5 Nights jumpscare, it doesn't seem to be affecting her?

"Hey guys," she has her illusion say, "You know...those bare footprints in the snow, and all the dead guards we saw. And the weird weather. You think maybe one of these kids broke free at some point and is making a mess of things?"

User avatar
Trent
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Trent » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:29 am

Spirit -2: 1d4-2 = 2: 4 wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6

After waking up from his soljourn into cyber space Trent follows @Simon CROSS Harris into the room with the kids sticking to something resemebling a tactical formation. Quick as a whistle Trent’s Katana comes out in his hand ready to strike if the need occurs, but something about those kids remind him of his own. Just like my kid... Taking a cue from his idol Cross he holds keeping his head down and back to the wall.

He tries his best dad approach and gives the kids a quick half hidden smile, ” Take it easy kids... I know you were experimented on but we can help. We can get you to saftey.”
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness:9(4) +4 armor
Skills:
Notice d4
Athletics: d6
Tradecraft: d6
Fighting: d8

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:17 am

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 pm
Fear Check = Pass
Fear Original post: 1d6: 6
Wild Original post: 1d6: 1
As the fear rolls over him Marcus steps back holding his hands out by nature, before realizing their was no way the young lady could see inside the 2 meter dome wrapped around him. As Cross pulls his weapon and intimidates the child Marcus catches the ejected round in mid air floating it so the mass can join his sphere. Never waste metal which may be needed later.

Over his coms he says. "Cross, let's not hurt the kids, they are scared and reacting the same way any of us would."

On Hold
Marcus is on hold, if a bullet is fired he will absorb it rather than let a child die.
Figuring that @Marcus is having a moment, Cross makes a mental note to save all his expended brass for Marcus.

"I will be sure to save my spent rounds for you for sure. I just chambered a round, so nothing for you yet."

In regards to Marcus's statement about hurting people, Cross says, "It is evident that communication has been lacking here, I agree. And fear makes people act more like react. Those reactions are always irrational."

His gun does not move as he looks back at the kids.

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 am

Keiko wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:47 pm
Keiko, still hanging out around Marcus, is taken aback by the sudden creepiness of the kids. From how that little girl is squinting hard at her image, she reckons there's probably some bad mojo going on...but aside from that 5 Nights jumpscare, it doesn't seem to be affecting her?

"Hey guys," she has her illusion say, "You know...those bare footprints in the snow, and all the dead guards we saw. And the weird weather. You think maybe one of these kids broke free at some point and is making a mess of things?"
Choosing to remain silent to avoid stuttering all over himself, Marcus nods. Whoever she was he hopes she escaped. No one deserved to be treated as a lab experiment against their will. In most cases death would be preferred.
Trent wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:29 am
After waking up from his soljourn into cyber space Trent follows @Simon CROSS Harris into the room with the kids sticking to something resemebling a tactical formation. Quick as a whistle Trent’s Katana comes out in his hand ready to strike if the need occurs, but something about those kids remind him of his own. Just like my kid... Taking a cue from his idol Cross he holds keeping his head down and back to the wall.

He tries his best dad approach and gives the kids a quick half hidden smile, ” Take it easy kids... I know you were experimented on but we can help. We can get you to safety.”
Marcus only watches intently from inside his sphere. These kids were well within their rights to be scared. But there is no way he would trust a bunch of men with weapons until he disarmed them. Over the coms he asks Julie. "Weapons d,do,dow, away sir?" As he realizes he and Cross are talking over each other, Marcus's natural dislike of his own talking causes him to stop so the boss can make a call.
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Hearing @Marcus’s question, Julie says, Weapons down, but at the ready. @Keiko, talk ‘em down. Show them something non-threatening. I’ll be out after we get this guy stabilized.”
@Trent
@Simon CROSS Harris

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:55 pm

Cross lowers the weapon and backs out of the line of sight of the kids. He assumes a positions sufficient to take point again and even lay down some cover fire should the need arise.

User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Keiko » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:19 pm

"Guys," Keiko said to the kids, and her image pulled its mask off to reveal the face of a buccolic and pretty young woman. "It's okay. Check it out."

Colored lights speared down from above and behind her, and a beat started playing in the background...a rhythmic dance beat. Then, as she started swaying to that beat, she launched into the rapid patter of a...song?

"We heard ya had some trouble in a prison with some children so,
we landed on the double made a little incision in the wall..."


Backup singers started up under her...
"We're gonna bust you ooouuutt...we're gonna bust you ouuuuutt..."
"We're gonna bust you ooouuutt...we're gonna bust you ouuuuutt..."


Change crept over the drab cell walls, turning them into something sleek and shiny and colorful. Keiko's armored suit became something sparkly, with a sort of skirt made of glittering strips that flared out when she twirled. Then, with a stomp she held her microphone up to her mouth...when did she get that?...and launched into the ballad part of the song as all the spotlights converged on her.

"And now....we want you to be free..."
"And now....we're your bridge harmony..."
"To your friends and faaaamilyyyyy..."


The beat kicked in again.
"We're gonna bust you ooouuutt...we're gonna bust you ouuuuutt..."
"We're gonna bust you ooouuutt...we're gonna bust you ouuuuutt..."


"So don't let a little niggle make you miss this ticket,
"No one's gonna force it but you have to take this chance."


"We're gonna bust you ooouuutt...we're gonna bust you ouuuuutt..."
"We're gonna bust you ooouuutt...we're gonna bust you ouuuuutt..."


Keiko held out her hand then, and the music stopped.

"Just take my hand, and we'll dance...right on out of here. I dunno what happens next, but it's gotta be better than this, right?"

Rolls
I'mma go with Persuasion and Performance I think...totally winging it here though, so let me know if you want more/different rolls, lol.

Persuasion 1d6: 4 or 1d6: 1
Performance 1d6: 4 or 1d6: 2

User avatar
Kelly
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Kelly » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 am

Julie wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:33 pm
Hearing Marcus’s question, Julie says, Weapons down, but at the ready. Keiko, talk ‘em down. Show them something non-threatening. I’ll be out after we get this guy stabilized.”
"That should do it" Kelly says, cutting and setting the last bandage. "He should be stable for a bit, though moving him won't be easy. I hate to say it, but we may have to leave him here until we secure the facility and can get a real medical team in here to relocate him..."

Just then, the music from Keiko's performance reaches their room, and Kelly look up quizzically, taking a few seconds to connect the sound to Keiko's abilities. When she does, she looks to Julie.

"Well...that definitely qualifies as non-threatening. Not exactly stealthy though." Kelly shrugs, then moves through the hallway and into the room with kids. She arrives just as the song finishes.

"She's a little dramatic, but it's true. We're here to help, we want to get you out of here, but we need to take care of the people who run this place first." Kelly turns to the oldest girl. At this age, she is likely the most mature. "Can you tell us anything about the people who are keeping you here?"

In case she doesn't want to, or cant, tell the team anything, Kelly covertly reaches out with her mind, hoping to skim some intel.

Mind Reading vs Smarts - 2, if failed, bennie for a 5
Mind Reading (-4 undetectable, +2 mentalist)
Smarts 1d8-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Killer instinct re-roll, if applicable:
Smarts 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Assuming a lose on a 2, bennie to re-roll:
Smarts 1d8-2 = 5: 7
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 4/6
Toughness: 9(4)

Active effects:
Notable Edges: Killer Instinct, Mentalist

Bennies: 2/3
-1 for mind reading children

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
11 EP (factoring in free pistol)
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
  • (0) Cold Weather Clothes
  • (0) Subvoval Comlink - Speak to the team silently, -4 to notice it
  • (0) Encrypted Smartphone - 24 hour charge, -6 to hack or jam
  • (4) Armored Stealth Suit - +4 armor, +2 to stealth on visual and sound
    • 7lbs
  • (1) Ballistic Helmet - +4 armor on the head
    • 4lbs
  • (¼) Folding Knife - Concealable
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
  • (2) Advanced First Aid Kit
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
  • (½) Tranquilizer Pen - vigor roll at -4 (-6 with raise)
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
  • (1) Night vision goggles - eliminates dim and dark penalties
    • 2 lbs

Weight: 23 of 40lbs

User avatar
Azrael
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Azrael » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Hearing the music whilst standing on guard in the medical facility Azrael shakes his head a bit. "That does not help in any stealth, but at least she has a decent beat. Who knew she was part poet? "

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:58 pm

At first the kids are confused, but that quickly transforms into delight at Keiko's colorful song and dance routine. At the end they are full on grinning, the littlest one clapping in rhythm.
"Who, who are you?" the one who tried to scare you before asks. "Are you here to... rescue us?"

In the hospital suite, Kelly quickly stabilizes the man's wounds. She does such a great job that his fever induced delirium quickly fades, and he quickly stops running his mouth, obviously aware that you are not who you thought he was. As Kelly finishes she leaves the room and assesses the mental state of the children.

Off in the distance you hear a muffled THUMP and an alarm starts blaring. It is from the opposite direction that you went from the elevators.
OOC Comments

Max, take a Benny, that was amazing. The rest of you please let me know what you are doing with the hostages, and your next intended actions. Kelly and Jon check your hang outs, I am messaging you information you characters have, and it's up to you whether or not you want to share it.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:45 am

Cross here's the noise and direction it is cming and works his way back down the hallway towards the elevator. As he passes @Trent, Cross taps him on the shoulder and looks for some sign that Trent is okay. Nest he comes up on @Azrael, [in Cherokee] "There is trouble, I need your eyes."

Poking his head briefly in the room. He gets @Julie's attention, "Two to secure to the elevator." Cross points to himself and then to Azrael.

Once he has made eye contact and the message is delivered, he moves back down the hallway with Azrael close behind. Cross holsters the pistol and swings the slung machine gun back into his hands. He sets himself and Azrael in a tactical position to observe the hallways in both a physical and psychic manners.

User avatar
Trent
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Trent » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:01 am

Trent shakes his head recovering from his trip into the realm of the digital. Uncharacteristicly he barks an order, clutching his katana blade and knocking down an empty gurney, ” Three men, all dressed in black, are running our way. Something is chasing them. Time to lock and load. Keep the kids back and sight lines clear... Move it!” Regardless if others take heed he moves with Trent staying on his hip, as if he had practiced with live action dolls, with his katana glinting in the light gripped in his left hand. He kneels ready to take out a leg. He then focuses of the electomagnetic pules of heartbeats trying to see the three approaching.

Notice 1d4: 1 wild 1d6: 3 Benny to reroll 1d4: 3 wild 1d6: 4
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness:9(4) +4 armor
Skills:
Notice d4
Athletics: d6
Tradecraft: d6
Fighting: d8

User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Keiko » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:35 pm

"Okay kids, get back over here off to the side," Keiko urged, herding the youngsters over to the far side of the room where they'd be out of any lines of fire. "You stay in here until we come and get you again. And don't worry." She winked, and the glittery performance outfit vanished, replaced by her charcoal grey stealth suit and kitsune mask. "We got this."

She ducked back out the door to join the others, and with a moment of concentration made the door to that room look exactly like the walls on either side, rendering it all but invisible. This she followed up with by making herself invisible as well.

"I have a gun," Keiko said, her voice emerging from thin air, "But it's not going to, like...mow everyone down. Maybe I can take 'em by surprise?"

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:13 am

Okay, people. You heard @Simon CROSS Harris and @Trent. Take up defensive positions and prepare for contact. @Keiko, get those kids back here. @Kelly, keep the kids here with your patient and give a shout if anything stupid happens. You'll know the stupid when you see it. @Marcus and @Azrael, get yourselves ready. We've got humanoids and something not so humanoid chasing them, and I doubt any are particularly friendly, but try to avoid killing any non-hositles."

Julie flips her safety off and heads out into the hallway, weapon held at the ready.
For Keiko
I just realized you hid the doors to the kids rooms. Julie doesn't know that, though, so I think the above still makes sense.

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:04 am

Marcus prepares himself for the battle using about 400 lbs of his collected mass for a sphere around himself and the rest for potential weapons. Then taking about 400 lbs of mass he uses it to create a 4' 6" wall across the hall towards the enemy providing heavy cover for the team.

Then Marcus uses the he remaining 1,500 lbs of metal and shaping it liked a spiked tentacled orb above the heads of the teams ready to strike out. Looking towards Julie as she gives the orders Marcus nods his head and looks out for trouble.
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Marcus wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:04 am
Marcus prepares himself for the battle using about 400 lbs of his collected mass for a sphere around himself and the rest for potential weapons. Then taking about 400 lbs of mass he uses it to create a 4' 6" wall across the hall towards the enemy providing heavy cover for the team.

Then Marcus uses the he remaining 1,500 lbs of metal and shaping it liked a spiked tentacled orb above the heads of the teams ready to strike out. Looking towards Julie as she gives the orders Marcus nods his head and looks out for trouble.
Julie nods at Marcus. "Marcus has been kind enough to give us some cover. Let's make use of it."

Julie is visibly a bit agitated as the team waits for the enemy to appear, but she forces herself to be calm. It's nothing. She's sure it's nothing.

Best to focus on the fight.
Smarts 9
Smarts 1d10: 9
Wild 1d6: 1
GM requested roll via Hangout

User avatar
Kelly
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Kelly » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 am

"Got it" Kelly responds to Julies orders. Heart pounding, she motions to the kids.

"This way, across the hall to the other room" She says, needing to consolidate the kids and the wounded prisoner. @Keiko, nice trick with the wall she says, as she pushes a hand through it, showing the kids that it isnt real. "Can we get it on the other door to the med bay? I'm moving everyone in there."

She stands in the hall, ushering the kids one by one into the med bay until they are all accounted for, and then follows in herself.

Despite the lack of exertion, sweat begins to form on her brow from the tension. But she manages to keep her voice calm and measure as she instructs the kids. "Get over to the opposite side of the room. If you can, get behind something. And don't worry...we will protect you..." she gives them a friendly smile that she hopes doesn't reflect the roiling uncertainty in her gut.

Kelly puts her back up against the real wall next to where the door used to be, ready to stick her head through the imaginary way when the fighting starts.

I just need a couple seconds to see them and I can help out from in here... she thinks, running through her exercises to clear her mind in preparation to try and take over one of their attackers.
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 4/6
Toughness: 9(4)

Active effects:
Notable Edges: Killer Instinct, Mentalist

Bennies: 2/3
-1 for mind reading children

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
11 EP (factoring in free pistol)
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
  • (0) Cold Weather Clothes
  • (0) Subvoval Comlink - Speak to the team silently, -4 to notice it
  • (0) Encrypted Smartphone - 24 hour charge, -6 to hack or jam
  • (4) Armored Stealth Suit - +4 armor, +2 to stealth on visual and sound
    • 7lbs
  • (1) Ballistic Helmet - +4 armor on the head
    • 4lbs
  • (¼) Folding Knife - Concealable
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
  • (2) Advanced First Aid Kit
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
  • (½) Tranquilizer Pen - vigor roll at -4 (-6 with raise)
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
  • (1) Night vision goggles - eliminates dim and dark penalties
    • 2 lbs

Weight: 23 of 40lbs

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:45 am

An image flashes in Julie’s mind of the exit door in the same corridor as the med bay opening and the chatter of automatic fire.

”Heads up! We’ve got incoming through the exit door! Cover that door, and watch for automatic fire!”

Julie shifts so she is facing the direction of the new threat, rifle still at the ready.

User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Keiko » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:58 pm

"Get the kids...back here? What does that even mean?" Keiko asked, flummoxed. "They're back in their room where they won't get shot. We don't want them out here with US."

"Speaking of which..."

Light bent and warped, and images of more team members appeared, taking cover in different spots in the room. She could only manage them in a given area, but the baddies would have some decoy targets to split fire between.

And in the meantime, invisible Kitsune found an out of the way place to crouch, where stray bullets wouldn't be too likely to head her way by mistake.

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:31 am

Turn Order
Titan Effect Turn Order.jpg
Titan Effect Turn Order.jpg (35.21 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Azrael and Cross head toward the elevators the group initially came out of. They hear footsteps running, and then someone frantically tapping the elevator button. Cross peeks around the corner and see's two figures clad in black carrying rifles, aiming them to the right.
OOC Comments
Azrael may choose to attack if he would like, or he can hold his action. After this round a stealth roll will be required by both Cross and Azrael in order to remain unnoticed.
Kelly gets the kids safely into the med bay and the rest of the group wait in anticipation. They hear heavy steps on what sounds like metal stairs and then, the door flies open revealing a man clad in all black, carrying a sub-machine gun. Someone behind him whips a flashbang into the room as the man with the gun fires at one of Keiko's illusions.
Flash Bang 11
Athletics 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 5

Targets must make an Agility roll at –2 (–4 if attack roll gets a raise) or become Shaken and
get –2 parry until next round. This includes Trent and Marcus. Trent (but not Marcus) does have the "Hot Potato" option, where he can roll athletics at a -4 in order to scoop up the grenade and throw it away so as not to be subject to it going off.
After this, the rest may go.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Hot Potato = Fail
Agility d10, Scene -4 (attacker got a raise), ignore -2 for a single action = d10-2
Agility 1d10-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Turn Eyes Away
Agility d10, Scene -4
Agility 1d10-4 = 2: 6
Wild 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Marcus focused on the coming trouble left himself get to lost in thinking if what would be best to do, to actually do it. Missing the grenade he turns seeing it land only a moment before it explodes blinding his eyes.

Shaking his head from the pain Marcus tires to clear his mind. But his eyes still burned with pain.
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Keiko » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Keiko spots the grenade, but doesn't quite grasp what it is or that she could have potentially done anything about it. Everything's happening too fast! She ducks and covers, while having the illusory soldiers she'd whipped up dive onto their bellies to return fire, shouting, "Enemy contact at the door!" and other military-sounding things.

Rolls: Agility 4
1d8: 1 or 1d6: 2

Hahahaha...no.

Benny 1d8: 4 or 1d6: 3

All right, one more. 1d8: 4 or 1d6: 4

User avatar
Azrael
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Azrael » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:18 pm

OOC Comments
Dual Wielding, Ambidextrous, Frenzy, Twofisted

Trying to knock them out if possible.

Fighting: 1d8: 2
Wild: 1d6: 2
Benny to reroll
Fighting: 1d8: 5
Wild: 1d6: 2

Damage: 2d6: 6, 5 + 1d4: 3
=14

Fighting: 1d8: 1
Wild: 1d6: 2
Benny to reroll
Fighting: 1d8: 3
Wild: 1d6: 4

Fighting: 1d8: 4
Wild: 1d6: 5

Damage: 2d6: 3, 4 + 1d4: 4 Ace: 1d4: 1
=12
The smell of gunpowder and sweat clearly someone needed to be put down before they threatened anyone else. Best to do this quickly. Azrael moved up to engage extending his batons. With a flurry he quickly smacks each one of the two men once. One of them hits the floor while the other seems shaken.

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:54 pm

OOC Comments
WIP
elevator thug
Unshake 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 1

Shooting 1d6: 3
Azrael knocks one of the thugs out cold. The other is temporarily stunned, but recovers and draws his pistol as he let's the rifle relax on the sling. He squeezes off a shot that misses Azrael by a mile.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Trent
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Trent » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Trent with his katana out uses its full force on the guy near Azereal who is just holding onto a pistol. Wet work was easy especially whrn you could run electricity through a katana! Sparks fly and he thrusts a lightning katana at the bad guy. Depending on how it went he would look for a place sith some kind of cover nearby. Maybe a side door or fly up into the airduct.

Fighting 8 or more, 21 or 24 AP4
Fighting 1d8: 7 wild 1d6: 6 ace 1d6: 2 possibly 9 total with a +1 gang-up
Damage: 4d6+1 = 18: 6, 3, 3, 5 ace 1d6: 3ap4 raise 1d6: 3
Athletics 1d4: 1 wild 1d6: 3
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness:9(4) +4 armor
Skills:
Notice d4
Athletics: d6
Tradecraft: d6
Fighting: d8

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:56 am

OOC Comments
spirit to unshake
Spirit 1d6: 6 Ace (not that it matters) 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Wild 1d6: 1
The flash bang going off messed wit Marcus head and his vision. Clearing it he look around ready to see who or what is alive that should not be. Seeing the two soldiers go down he is happy to see the problem resolved itself. Somehow without stuttering he manages. "Crap that hurts the eyes"

As alert to danger as possible Marcus looks for other threats.
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 am

Cross motions for @Trent to fall back behind him and @Azrael. "Something wicked this way comes." Cross smiles but does not laugh at his own joke.

@Julie over comms, "Wasn't it always the red shirts in Star Trek that went down first? Anyway. two black shirts own on first contact. Awaiting the second contact."


Action Held _
Machine Gun Ready
Marksman

OOC Comments
Stepping forward, Cross puts a hand on @Azrael's shoulder, a sign to hold fast. Moving past @Trent's katana, he motions for Trent to follow him to the elevator.

Cross calls the elevator after both "assailants" are dealt with. Quickly he moves the bodies into the elevator cab. He motions for Trent to hold the door open while he searches the bodies, removing weapons, ids, and comms. As a last minute thought he takes their shoes off as well.

"May need these to help the rescued leave on their own power."

Tieing the laces togetheron the boots he throws them over his shoulders and pins them to his chest with his comabt webbing. The rifles and pistols he strips down, removes the firing pin,reassembles them, takes the magazines and clips, reholsters the pistols, and reslings the rifles. Pocketing the firing pins and clips and magazines, he steps out of the elevator with the any comms or ids and hands themto Trent.

"Something to follow up with later."

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 am

Marcus turns towards the two soldiers still alive. The giant amorphous blob he was holding in the air suddenly shifts into a spike of steel and hurls through the air impaling one of the soldier, before liquefying and reforming to repeat the feat on the other soldier. The blows are so powerful they shake the soldiers minds causing them to stumble.

39 Damage to 1, 28 damage to other
Extra Action allows no MAP for two attacks.
Impale Includes Trick for -2 to Vigor rolls
Fighting 1d10: 9
Wild 1d6: 5
Damage 1d12+5 = 13: 8 + Mass 1d12+3 = 15: 12 Ace 1d12+15 = 26: 11 = 39 (did not roll raise)

Impale Includes Trick for -2 to Vigor rolls
Fighting 1d10: 3
Wold 1d6: 5
Damage 1d12+5 = 11: 6 + Mass 1d12+3 = 15: 12 Ace 1d12+26 = 28: 2 = 28 damage
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am

Julie watches in satisfaction as her team moves with deliberate violence against the enemy. "Gimme confirmation that all targets are down. Stay sharp; remember we got more coming."
On Hold
Julie is going on hold in anticipation for the further bad guys.

User avatar
Kelly
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Kelly » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:34 am

Kelly keeps her back pressed against the wall in the med bay, willing her racing heart to slow while also trying not to let her worry show on her face. No point in scaring the kids.

Then the calm of waiting is broken as pounding boots are followed quickly by the sound of distant gunshots and the concussive blast of the flash bang grenade. Pausing only a moment, Kelly takes a deep breath to steady herself, and then sticks her head through the illusory wall Keiko has created.

Not yet trained to take in the chaos of battle in an instant, Kelly does the one thing she is well trained to do. Picking the most fearsome looking person at the end of the hallway, Kelly lashes out with her mind to try and overwhelm the attacker and take control.

Just as her mind makes contact though, the life winks out of the soldier as Marcus's steel assault impales the attacker. Kelly's attention returns to the physical world just in time for her face to be splashed with a few drops of blood. She blinks, stunned at the gruesomeness of the assault. She looks at Marcus, metal orbs floating around his head and reconsiders her evaluation of his stuttering persona...

Ignore this, he's dead
Mind Control Roll (+2 Mentalist)
Smarts 1d10+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1

If Failed, Killer Instinct Re-roll:
Smarts 1d10+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 4/6
Toughness: 9(4)

Active effects:
Notable Edges: Killer Instinct, Mentalist

Bennies: 2/3
-1 for mind reading children

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
11 EP (factoring in free pistol)
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
  • (0) Cold Weather Clothes
  • (0) Subvoval Comlink - Speak to the team silently, -4 to notice it
  • (0) Encrypted Smartphone - 24 hour charge, -6 to hack or jam
  • (4) Armored Stealth Suit - +4 armor, +2 to stealth on visual and sound
    • 7lbs
  • (1) Ballistic Helmet - +4 armor on the head
    • 4lbs
  • (¼) Folding Knife - Concealable
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
  • (2) Advanced First Aid Kit
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
  • (½) Tranquilizer Pen - vigor roll at -4 (-6 with raise)
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
  • (1) Night vision goggles - eliminates dim and dark penalties
    • 2 lbs

Weight: 23 of 40lbs

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 pm

The group by the stairs seems to have rid themselves of the threat for now. The door to the stairs is still open, but no other armed foes seem to be pouring out of it, at least not yet. The man in sick bay has clamped up considerably. He seemed to be excited when the shots started up, but since they quited down, he has gone back to his sullen self.


By the elevators, Trent flies up into a ventilation duct, carefully replacing the cover. Cross readies himself near the dispatched assailants, when an ice cold wind whips through the hallway, sending a shiver down he and Azrael's spines. A thin layer of frost spreads along the floor and hallways, and the temperature is near freezing now. Another big gust of wind blasts through pushing against our heroes with hurricane speeds.
Cross and Azrael
Roll Strength. If you fail, you are knocked prone and shaken. After this roll, we will do initiatives.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Marcus adjust the shape of of his sphere to be more aerodynamic and drives spikes into the floor to solidify his position. Hoping those exposed to the winds can still hear him he asks. "What's the plan?"
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Strength _
Strength 8
  • Strength 1d10: 9
  • Wild 1d6: 1
  • Aced1 Wild 1d10: 4
Cross grabs one of the dead uniformed guys and holds him by the torso in front of himself. He is dead but can still be useful. Bracing himself behind the body, Cross feels winds break against his shield and then himself. Cross is grateful for the sling on his machine gun that lets him use both hands without dropping his weapon.

Agility _
Agility 4
  • Agility 1d10: 4
  • Wild 1d6: 4
"It just got REALLY cold here at the elevators."

User avatar
Azrael
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Azrael » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 pm

OOC Comments
Strength: 1d6: 1
Wild: 1d6: 6 Ace: 1d6: 2

Notice: 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace: 1d6: 2
Wild: 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Feeling the temperature drop and hearing the wind picking up from down the hall, Azreal braces himself. "Here it comes, ready yourselves."


Agility: 1d8: 7
Wild: 1d6: 2

User avatar
Trent
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Trent » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:17 pm

safe in a vent

It was going to be one of those ops... The kimd that left half the team murdered and the other half giving vague half assed reports about what happened. Shame came in all forms, especially obfuscation. Trent relied on his awareness of electrical currents and bio signatures to keep appraised on the on goings of the other members of the soon to be dead team. He wasn’t a hero and making it out of this death trap was his top priority. Hallways have little cover. Team be dead if @Simon CROSS Harris had not unleashed his patient kung-fu grip.

Agility 1d8: 6 wild 1d6: 4
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness:9(4) +4 armor
Skills:
Notice d4
Athletics: d6
Tradecraft: d6
Fighting: d8

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:24 pm

A petite woman, walks into the room with the elevators, her bare feet crunching on the new layer of snow. She is wearing a closed lab coat and a dark pair of slacks. Her sky blue eyes can be seen through a pair of eyeglasses with the lenses missing. She sees Cross and Azareal and lets out a blood-curdling scream which can be heard all the way back by the sick bay/prison area.
Agility 16
Agility 1d6: 6
Ace
1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 4
Wild Die 1d6: 2
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:26 pm

Looking around Marcus does not see any threats. "eh, eh, any one, s, s, see any thing. Where is the w, w, breeze coming from?"
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed May 01, 2019 7:23 pm

The woman glares at the armed Cross, and fires a blast of icy wind and razor sharp spears of ice at him. It is a mighty blast, and even those by the sick bay can hear the sound of ice shattering.
Shooting, 7 Damage (17, 2 AP)
WIP
Attack, Ranged
Shooting 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 5
Uncanny Reflexes -2, -2 for partial cover Total of 7, Hit

Wild Die 1d6: 3

Damage (AP 2) 3d6: 5, 2, 6
Ace 1d6: 4

Damage
Initiative Order
After this, Marc, Jon (and anyone else who can get in range) may go, and if she's still around after we will do initiative.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Wed May 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Stoic wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:23 pm
The woman glares at the armed Cross, and fires a blast of icy wind and razor sharp spears of ice at him. It is a mighty blast, and even those by the sick bay can hear the sound of ice shattering.
Shooting, 7 Damage (17, 2 AP)
WIP
Attack, Ranged
Shooting Original post: 1d6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6: 5
Uncanny Reflexes -2, -2 for partial cover Total of 7, Hit

Wild Die Original post: 1d6: 3

Damage (AP 2) Original post: 3d6: 5, 2, 6
Ace Original post: 1d6: 4

Damage
2 Bennies Down, It is a bit Cold _
[*] Vigor 1d6: 4
[*] Wild 1d6: 5
Always time for one last hurrah
Benny to Soak (2 of 3)
[*] Vigor 1d6: 3
[*] Wild 1d6: 3
Benny to Soak (1 of 3)
[*] Vigor 1d6: 5
[*] Wild 1d6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Lab coats have name tags normally so Cross is looking for information. But the details are a bit iced over at the moment.

Over comms, "The barefoot guy is not crazy. We met the woman of his dreams here by the elevators. She worked here. Has a lab coat and everything. Saying she is a little cold is a SERIOUS understaement!

Trent, You Can Write Home About This One _
H&K 416
RoF 1, 29 of 30 rounds remaining

Shooting 9, Success, Raise
Marksman: Aim +4
Called Shot -4; +4 damage
[*] Shooting 1d10: 7
[*] Wild! 1d6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 9: 3

Damage 17, AP 2
Called Shot +4 Damage
AP 2
[*] H&K 416 2d8: 6, 4
[*] Bonus Damage 1d6: 3
Cross attempts to subdue the frozen wonderwoman.

Cross bends down and picks up his spent brass, showing the round to the blind @Azrael "Marcus will want this for sure." Pocketing the casing he gets back to being serious, like his target, ice cold.

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Soak 2 wounds
Vigor 1d6: 4
Wild Die 1d6: 3

Benny
Vigor 1d6: 2
Wild Die 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 4
The woman grunts in pain as the bullets chip off bits of her icy shroud but seems to be mostly unaffected.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Thu May 02, 2019 7:58 am

Hearing gun fire coming from down the hall Sentinel realizes the threat is on both sides of them. Gliding aback up the hall towards the sounds of gunfire he looks for who or what is attacking.

OOC Comments
Running 1d6+6 = 10: 4
(Confirmed by GM I can gain LoS)
As soon as he sees the woman with the power going he decides it is time to end the threat. Reaching out with half a ton of steel he wraps her from head to toe grappling her.

she needs to resist two grapple rolls versus a 4 and a 3
-2 for running action
athletics 1d10-2 = 4: 6
wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Seeing her almost able to fight off the first grapple he tries again.
Athletics 1d10-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Sun May 05, 2019 5:27 am

Julie Comes Off Hold
Not even going to try and beat an 18, especially after all those rolls were already made.

Julie swears at the sound of gunfire. ”On my way.”

Julie takes off at a flat run, jumping over the obstacles in the medical room and even kicking off a wall at one point.
Super Speed and Free Runner
She’s built for this.


She comes into view of the target and fires a burst from her bullpup rifle. Some of the rounds go wide, but at least a few connect with their target.
Shooting 1 Raise, 1 Normal Hit, 1 Miss
Shooting 1d8: 8 + 1d8: 2 (Foregrip and Reflex Sight offset -2 from recoil)
Shooting 1d8: 1
Shooting 1d8: 7
Wild 1d6: 2
-10 rounds

Damage From Hit One: 17, AP 2 | Hit Two: 6, AP 2
Hit 1 2d8: 5, 7 + 1d6: 5 (raise)
Hit 2 2d8: 5, 1
Command Presence: Everyone On the Team Gets +1 to Recover from Shaken
Just a reminder!
Julie Combat Stats
Parry 10, Ranged Attacks Against Her Suffer -4, Toughness 11(6), Jinx for 1s rolled against her

User avatar
Kelly
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Kelly » Sun May 05, 2019 6:41 am

The children in med bay whince and hide their faces when the sound of gunshots fire.

What the hell is going on out there? Kelly says into the comms.

She looks hesitantly at the huddled children and then back at the faux wall created by Keiko's illusion. She doesn't want to leave the children, but she doesn't want to sit here useless. She, freezes, paralyzed between the two choices.
OOC Comments
Kelly is "Hesitant" and is going on hold
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 4/6
Toughness: 9(4)

Active effects:
Notable Edges: Killer Instinct, Mentalist

Bennies: 2/3
-1 for mind reading children

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
11 EP (factoring in free pistol)
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
  • (0) Cold Weather Clothes
  • (0) Subvoval Comlink - Speak to the team silently, -4 to notice it
  • (0) Encrypted Smartphone - 24 hour charge, -6 to hack or jam
  • (4) Armored Stealth Suit - +4 armor, +2 to stealth on visual and sound
    • 7lbs
  • (1) Ballistic Helmet - +4 armor on the head
    • 4lbs
  • (¼) Folding Knife - Concealable
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
  • (2) Advanced First Aid Kit
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
  • (½) Tranquilizer Pen - vigor roll at -4 (-6 with raise)
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
  • (1) Night vision goggles - eliminates dim and dark penalties
    • 2 lbs

Weight: 23 of 40lbs

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed May 08, 2019 6:33 pm

OOC Comments
WC Benny to Soak
Vigor 1d6: 5
Wild Die 1d6: 3

Soak 1 Wound from 1st shot
Second Shot does no damage.
The woman grunts as Julie fires into her. Bits of shattered ice fly from her body and she appears to be in a daze.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Azrael
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Azrael » Wed May 08, 2019 8:42 pm

OOC Comments
Fighting: 1d8: 3
Wild: 1d6: 1

Fighting: 1d8: 5
Wild: 1d6: 1
2d6: 6, 5+ 1d4: 3 Ace: 1d6: 5
Total Damage: 19

Fighting: 1d8: 5
Wild: 1d6: 1
2d6: 1, 2+ 1d4: 1
Total Damage: 4

Closing to melee, Azrael lashes out multiple times. Timing his strikes just right with her slow heart beat and slow movement allowing his precision.

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Mon May 13, 2019 6:04 pm

OOC Comments
Vigor 1d6-1 = 3: 4
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 3: 4

Incapacitation Roll
Vigor 1d6-3 = 3: 6
Ace 1d6: 6
Wild Die 1d6-3 = -1: 2
Injury Table 2d6: 2, 3
Azrael smashes the baton into the woman twice. The first seems to have no effect, but the second one causes a rather dramatic shattering of ice as she is knocked to the ground, unconscious from the force of the blow.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed May 15, 2019 7:32 pm

As the woman hits the ground, the wind stops abruptly. The frost on the ground and her icy skin melt, making little puddles underneath her.

The man in the infirmary is frowning, and Kelly can tell from a quick read of his surface thoughts that he is doing his best to come up with some sort of a plan to escape. Kelly thinks he must be some sport of spy by the language he is using in his mind.

One of the kids looks to Marcus, a mixture of fear and excitement on her young face. 'Mister?" she asks. "Are we going to be..."

Her words are cut off as the entire facility violently shakes for a good thirty seconds. An earthquake?

The group by the elevator is shaken even more violently. The grate that Trent jimmied pops open from the shaking almost tossing him out. Azrael and Cross are nearly thrown to the ground.
OOC Comments
Pretty much free to do whatever you want at this point. What would you like to do?
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Wed May 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Cross falls ontop of the icey scientist, half lost balance and the other half to protect her. He catches himself in a full extended pushup over top of her. When the shaking stops he stands up and then steps to the side of her, kneels down beside her, and begins inspecting the ice queen.

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am

Looking down at the woman Marcus asks the others. "Do you think she was one of them, trying to escape, or a s, s, s, Doctor?"
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Sun May 19, 2019 6:28 am

Into the radio, Julie calls out, Everyone okay? @Simon CROSS Harris, can you confirm our hostile is down?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Sun May 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Julie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:28 am
Into the radio, Julie calls out, Everyone okay? @Simon CROSS Harris, can you confirm our hostile is down?
"She is down. Azrael stunned her real good."

Cross pulls out a black permanent marker, and where a name tag should have been on the lab coat, chips away the ice. Carefully, Cross writes on the lab coat, "Elsa, The Ice Queen".

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Tue May 21, 2019 6:35 am

Simon CROSS Harris wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:51 pm
Cross pulls out a black permanent marker, and where a name tag should have been on the lab coat, chips away the ice. Carefully, Cross writes on the lab coat, "Elsa, The Ice Queen".
Marcus laughs as he walks up and sees Cross renaming the woman. "Does she have a wallet, or clutch, Maybe we can s,s,s, find out who she really is?"
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed May 22, 2019 7:47 pm

The facility shakes violently again. Marcus, who walked over to where Cross, Azrael and Trent are, can tell that it's shaking more violently over here than it was back by the med bay.

The kids eyes widen a bit and they are getting antsy, repeatedly asking to leave as soon as they can.
OOC Comments
Anyone who heads toward where the ice queen came from reaches a big room with some kind of machinery encased in a block of ice. The ice itself is melting slightly, and it seems to be vibrating from the machine under it. Anyone who lays their hand on the ice feels a strange surge of energy, and they abilities seem to sharpen and enhance when that is applicable.


Anyone who braves the stairs is able to clear them pretty easily. The stairway and the laboratory seem to be void of any hostiles, for now at least.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Wed May 22, 2019 10:04 pm

@Julie

"I think the situation is not good."

"From what I have heard and what I see now. This lab tech had latent powers and in messing with that device in the other room, managed to stop it from quaking by freezing it."

"The ice is thawing and the facility is shaking even more."

Cross changes frequencies on his radio and comms up or tries to raise Charlotte on the comms, "Lifeline this is Rescue One. How is the weather, over?" @Stoic

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Wed May 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Charlotte radios back. "I swear, it's the strangest thing, the blizzard just suddenly stopped..."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Wed May 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Stoic wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:09 pm
Charlotte radios back. "I swear, it's the strangest thing, the blizzard just suddenly stopped..."
@Julie @Trent @Marcus @Kelly @Azrael @Keiko

"The blizzard has stopped topside. We can move the kids and the lab tech now."

"Should we check the lab or any data files before we go?"

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Sat May 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Simon CROSS Harris wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:12 pm
Stoic wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:09 pm
Charlotte radios back. "I swear, it's the strangest thing, the blizzard just suddenly stopped..."
"The blizzard has stopped topside. We can move the kids and the lab tech now."

"Should we check the lab or any data files before we go?"
"Good call. @Trent, see if there are any files here we can use. @Marcus and @Keiko, get these non-combatants topside to the chopper double time and then get back down here. Charlotte can keep an eye on them while we drive on. Let's finish this job and get out of here."

User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Keiko » Sat May 25, 2019 11:13 pm

"Okay!" Keiko replies, popping back into visibility with a smart salute.

"Uh, is the wounded guy coming with us? Did we ever figure out, like...who he was? Or anything?"

She creates a couple of illusory duplicates and has them start herding kids out of the facility while keeping an eye on 'the wounded guy' to make sure he doesn't try anything.

User avatar
Kelly
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Kelly » Sun May 26, 2019 5:07 am

Kelly stumbles a bit as the room shakes a second time.
Keiko wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:13 pm
"Uh, is the wounded guy coming with us? Did we ever figure out, like...who he was? Or anything?"
"Judging by his thoughts he's some sort of spy...The enemy of my enemy is my friend no? Command will probably want to question him at the least. Keep a close eye on him though. He is pretty anxious to get out of here"

After deflecting a few questions from the kids about leaving, Kelly adds,

"In fact, the kids are oddly anxious to get out of here too, considering they barely know us from Adam. Uh...I know our orders are to secure this place, but it feels like it's about to come down... Should we be evacuating?"

Kelly attempts to skim the childrens thoughts since they seem to have an idea of why the building is shaking...

Mind Read - 10
Smarts 1d10+2 = 10: 8
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Killer instinct re-roll if failed
Smarts 1d10+2 = 9: 7
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
A series of images flashes before Kelly's mind. A large room; a humming machine; the children kicking and screaming as they are dragged into the room. They are clearly terrified of it.

"Ugh...They've been experiment on these kids... far as I can tell there is a machine of some sort in the facility that amplifies psychic ability. Maybe someone is using it to affect the building?
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 4/6
Toughness: 9(4)

Active effects:
Notable Edges: Killer Instinct, Mentalist

Bennies: 2/3
-1 for mind reading children

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
11 EP (factoring in free pistol)
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
  • (0) Cold Weather Clothes
  • (0) Subvoval Comlink - Speak to the team silently, -4 to notice it
  • (0) Encrypted Smartphone - 24 hour charge, -6 to hack or jam
  • (4) Armored Stealth Suit - +4 armor, +2 to stealth on visual and sound
    • 7lbs
  • (1) Ballistic Helmet - +4 armor on the head
    • 4lbs
  • (¼) Folding Knife - Concealable
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
  • (2) Advanced First Aid Kit
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
  • (½) Tranquilizer Pen - vigor roll at -4 (-6 with raise)
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
  • (1) Night vision goggles - eliminates dim and dark penalties
    • 2 lbs

Weight: 23 of 40lbs

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Julie » Sun May 26, 2019 6:50 am

”Good intel, @Kelly. Negative on evac for us for the moment; let’s just get those non-combatants out of here for now and proceed to that machine.”

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic » Sun May 26, 2019 8:19 am

Evacuation

You heard the boss, it looks like the plan is to evacuate the innocents (and the man in the infirmary? The Ice Woman?) and investigate the machine. Please designate who is doing what, and then we will move to the next post. Trent, Cross and Azrael probably suspect that the machine is near where they encountered the woman.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Marcus » Sun May 26, 2019 8:29 am

Marcus shapes the aluminium into the form of a simply sleek steel sleigh seating seven to safely slip subjects away. "All aboard" He says clearly without stuttering. Once the children and the patient are inside he awaits who will be coming with them. Then he takes them up through the elevator shaft.
Bennies 4
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
Marcus
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
6 Remaining: 0 Rank: Seasoned
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 8 (4) [+4 versus metal] |In Bubble he has 24 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x2 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
POWERS
  • 2 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 1; Low Light Vision, Spacial Awareness +2, -1 only to see through metals)
    2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
    1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
    14 Master of Metal (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
    1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
Gear:
TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
Body Armor (+4, torso only)
Subvocal Commlink
Encrypted Smartphone
Reinforced tablet
Lighter and cigarettes
Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)

User avatar
Trent
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Trent » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Trent crawls out of the air vents wipping the left over chinese food off his mouth with his sleve. He looks up winking at the Pan Asian delivery girl and hands her a tener. Clearly not enough to deiliver fast chinese food while on mission but still money was money. He closes the vent and walks over to the machine. He mutters taking off his helm and dons his plad checkered investigative cap, ” Damn take out was good. What do we have here now?” While looks at the machine he fondles a kung fu grip with rocket punch but not leg sweep action figure of @Simon CROSS Harris.
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness:9(4) +4 armor
Skills:
Notice d4
Athletics: d6
Tradecraft: d6
Fighting: d8

User avatar
Simon CROSS Harris
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Simon CROSS Harris » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:55 pm

Trent wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:35 pm
Trent crawls out of the air vents wipping the left over chinese food off his mouth with his sleve. He looks up winking at the Pan Asian delivery girl and hands her a tener. Clearly not enough to deiliver fast chinese food while on mission but still money was money. He closes the vent and walks over to the machine. He mutters taking off his helm and dons his plad checkered investigative cap, ” Damn take out was good. What do we have here now?” While looks at the machine he fondles a kung fu grip with rocket punch but not leg sweep action figure of @Simon CROSS Harris.
It may be a good thing that Cross was busying himself with security detail for getting the med tech, "Ice Queen", Liar Liar Pants on Fire Suit Guy, and the Children. He has someone else call down the elevator and then hustles the entire group going up into the cab. Before the door closes, he throws out the man's dress shoes. He would not want to embarass @Trent by showing him how to handle an action figure.

To any curious looks, "Bad spies need no shoes as they have no souls." He ducks his head back in and trains one of his pistols on the man.

On the upper floor, he motions to the man to pick up the med tech. Making sure that the children and their escorts are well enough ahead, he then directs the man to head in the direction of the chopper.

In route to the chopper he radios Charlotte, "Nightwing this is Archangel. Need an additional evac with a pair of body bags."

Post Reply

Return to “Archive”