PNW Labs

Post Reply
User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

PNW Labs

Post by RFT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:31 am

PNW Labs is officed within the the Shannon Wilson building located in the Fremont district of Seattle. A small and rarely heard of facility with what appears to be routine office and public laboratory businesses. The facility even houses the USDA Forest Service - PNW Research Labs and is located in an area with plenty of parking and dining options for the professional who likes to get out on his breaks.

PNW Labs.JPG
Location on campaign mp
Map on Google
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:05 pm

"Great, pile on in, kids," Triessa invites, and leads Tania and Peter to her car.

From there she drives out to the spot indicated on the directions she scribbled in her frayed old notepad. After a couple of pauses at stoplights, and one wrong turn, Triessa gets everyone there. They park near enough to keep an eye on the place, but not right up next to it, meaning that passing around binoculars isn't a bad idea. Triessa also casts a spell over her glasses as they begin, even drawing with a magic marker on the lenses. The translucent purple runes don't seem to bother her at all as she peers down the street at the factory.

Rolls: Notice 13, Occult 6 (after penalty)
Spellcasting to Boost Trait - Notice 1d12+2 = 10: 8 or 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Notice (+1 item, +3 support, +2 die types from Boost Trait) 1d10+4 = 13: 9 or 1d6+4 = 5: 1
More spellcasting, to Boost Occult: 1d12+2 = 4: 2 or 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Occult (+1 die type from Boost) 1d6-4 = -1: 3 or 1d6-4 = 2: 6
Ace 1d6 = 4: 4

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Tania's senses are not as keen in human form, but people are likely to notice an undead were-hyena walking around, so human form it is. She still knows how to survive in the wilderness, even as a human, so hopefully that will let her sus things out.

She rides along with the others and accepts the binoculars, and tries to pretend she is bird watching just in case someone happens to see them who might not like them watching the building.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 6: 6, Wild Notice 1d6 = 3: 3 Notice 6= 1 success
Stealth 1d8 = 3: 3, Wild Stealth 1d6 = 2: 2 Stealth 3= Failure
Knowledge: Occult 1d4-6 = -4: 2, Wild Occult 1d6-6 = -5: 1 Occult -4=failure


errors
1d4 = 4: 4
1d4 = 2: 2
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Peter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:22 pm

K/Nightlands 7
WIP
K/Nightlands 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4
When offered the binoculars, Peter declines politely. He relies on his predatory senses instead, homing in on several people who seem "off" to him. "I can't quite put my finger on it," he says to the others "but there's something strange going on here. Look at that person" he points at one of the ones who seemed to be behaving strangely.
Last edited by Peter on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: PNW Labs

Post by RFT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:09 am

Arriving the location the team sets up for some surveillance. The team may be expecting little to no trouble, but they know not to take risks when investigating the denizens of the Nightlands. The overall experience is boring as expected with many people coming and going from the facility. The plain and unremarkable nature of the office building makes it all the worse knowing that those inside are up to something so deadly.

Something even more eerie about the situation is the lack of any kind of supernatural aura to the place. It is as if the facility where a mundane facility and you were sent in for no reason. After a few hours of waiting your biological needs begin to kick in and you are forced to take turns making the opportunity to go use the facilities. One of the less glorious things about stakeouts is the long waits and inevitable calls of nature.

It is some time later that a group of four men coming out of the building draw your attention. Unlike one would expect from a normal group traveling so close there is no humor or interaction at all. The strange silence and near uniformity of their walk looks like people trying ‘not to walk in step’ if there was such a thing.

Two of these men look up and straight at the car you are waiting in before getting in the car. Once in the car they sit their strangely fidgeting with something out of site for a few moments (maybe a cell phone). Then as if something important was forgotten, they all get out of the sedan and head back into the building.

Triessa has been in the game long enough to know that they have been made. What does the team make of their reaction, what does the team do now?

(Check your account emails)
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Peter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 am

Peter puts his cellphone to his ear as if he were talking to someone. He nods as if hearing a response, but the rest of the group knows that he hasn't made a call. "There are at least 8 hounds in the facility, including those four in the car..." he smiles and nods as if reacting to the phone.

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:36 pm

"We like to do human things, with our human friends," Triessa mutters as she starts the car up. She looks at Peter.

"You sure they're hounds? There's other things too, like the...ash...bug-people ones. They're a lot easier to blend in without magic."

She pulled away from the curb and started driving at a leisurely pace away from the building.

"Lets see how serious they are. Keep an eye behind us, watch for tails."

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: PNW Labs

Post by RFT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:31 pm

PLEASE READ
If you are simply driving away casually to another neighborhood then you are good. If you would like to deliberately evade and mislead them could you please give me a driving roll at +1 for Seattle being your home city.

@Stoic please add a notice roll for Peter at -4

@Tania Please add a Notice roll for Tania at -4

Random Unimportant Stuff
Stealth 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Peter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:43 pm

"Hollow men?" he pauses a moment, in thought. "No, I'm pretty sure they're hounds, though I could be wrong of course. It was the way they got into the car...hollow men are sort of awkward and clumsy, hounds are nimble. Plus I think they have Glaives, just the way they move..."


Ever vigilant, his gaze returns to outside of the vehicle.
OOC Comments
Notice (alertness) 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Benny
Notice 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 2: 4

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Triessa shrugs and adjusts her rearview mirror. She drives at a normal pace, not taking any weird turns or evasive tactics. The epitome of someone normal driving away from a normal situation. Could just be taking a low profile, but she was rather interested in seeing if the Hounds, or whatever they were, would try to follow them based on the very, very little that they'd seen.

If so, it implied something about security at this site. She hoped they'd follow. Hounds and 'hollow men' weren't much for interrogation, but the simple act of sending them spoke volumes by itself.

"Peter, do you have a car by any chance? When we go back, it's probably a good idea if we don't look the same."

(OOC - No attempt to evade a tail just yet. Seeing what they do.)
Rolling notice too, since she's also watching for a tail (+1 from glasses, no Boost in effect, as discussed): 8 (raise, even after penalty)
Roll
1d6-3 = 3: 6 or 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Peter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Peter nods. "Yes, I do. Good thinking."

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:28 pm

Tania continues to "birdwatch" as she notes the men carefully not marching in step. The way they are moving implies persons who have drilled in moving in formation, such as military. Some types of formation drills are practiced in the temple, though generally not actual marching.

Hounds, the newcomer says. Tania is not overly familiar with them. Still, if the others think we should go, she will take their advice. They appear to be more experienced. Those who think they know it all and fail to listen to those more experienced rarely live long enough to learn wisdom, or so her Uncle once told her.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8-4 = -3: 1, Wild Notice 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: PNW Labs

Post by RFT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 pm

As the car pulls away and tries to put a safe distance between the office building and the team Triessa realizes she needs to settle on where to go. So many options. To get together with the team, or to head somewhere less personal. The choices are in the air.

Triessa

Where are you going, how do you ditch them?


I am deleting your post with your successful conceal rolls for flow order, but crediting them as success in narrative.
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:53 pm

After a few blocks, some turns, Triessa was satisfied they didn't pull a tail.

"All right. Peter, I'm going to drop you off near your place. You get changed into something other than what you have on now, get your car and drive out to my place. Tania, you and I'll change too...change clothes, I mean...and meet up with Peter. Then we drive back and we'll get eyes on the inside of that place. Everyone like Starbucks?"


Triessa sighed at that. "I hate Starbucks."

As she talked, she followed Peter's directions, though would drop him several blocks from his place...just in case. She didn't think there was a tail, but had messed up enough to know she wasn't perfect.

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Tania says, "I feel like I missed quite a bit back there. I saw what seemed like four army buddies trying not to march together. What is a Hollow Man? I have heard about hounds before, but I thought they were these robot things. I do not have much clothing, if you want me to change, I will need to get something to wear."

OK, so that did not sound very coherent, but she has a lot of questions and is more than a bit confused.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:04 pm

"Yeah, you can borrow some of my stuff," Triessa said. "Doesn't have to fit perfectly, just has to work for a little while."

"As for the rest, uh...they're shells that look like people but are full of bugs, and yes the robot things are Hounds."

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Peter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:07 pm

"Hounds are your basic foot soldier types. They have armored flesh, and carry these big long spear things that they call glaives. Hollow men are human skins filled with insects. I know it sounds strange, but it's true."

Peter seems relieved that Treissa wants to drop him off a few blocks from his place. He directs her towards a bad part of town, a few blocks away from Ashleyville, a hospital specializing in mental health that was closed down a few years ago. He darts into the alleyway, vanishing into the shadows. He meets up at Treissa's place, driving a black Toyota Land Cruiser. He has changed his clothes into something slightly more casual (A polo shirt, and some dark slacks) and has a well worn Seattle Supersonics baseball hat on. "Ready when you are."

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:44 am

Tania will accept what she is told, until she learns differently at least. Sure people whose bodies are full of insects sounds strange and unlikely, but that pretty much describes her life lately.

She comments to Triessa, "Hopefully we can find something that is close enough."

Not that she is picky about clothes, but she has to pass among other people. If she looks too outlandish, she will draw attention.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Triessa just tosses a navy and grey university sweatshirt and pair of baggy jeans at Tania.

"It's not a fashion statement," she says shortly, grabbing something for herself as well from her closet. "Don't think too hard about it."

---

Once they'd gotten their ride back to the beehive, she nods at Peter. "Find cameras, guards, count them and remember the count. I'm going to try to get a feel for how many people are undercover guards...plainclothes, and of course I'll see if they got sloppy and let any magic energy show."

She renews the concealment spells over them, and casts on herself a spell to enhance her senses, both mundane and arcane.

Rolls
Spellcasting Detect Arcana 1d12+2 = 8: 6 or 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Spellcasting Boost Trait Notice 1d12+2 = 6: 4 or 1d6+2 = 5: 3
I don't think I need to recast Conceal; just keep paying upkeep on the existing spells, yeah?

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 am

Tania changes clothes, and then combs her hair and looks for something like bobby pins or a barrette to put her hair up in a different style...just something basic. Like the clothes it is intended as a change in her superficial look to make her harder to recognize.

Once she is changed, she joins the others and rides back to the area. She listens to Triessa and nods, it is a sensible way to proceed.

She moves about the areas as if window shopping, attempting to blend in while at the same time paying attention to details.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3 Wild Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Stealth 1d8 = 1: 1 Wild Stealth 1d6 = 4: 4
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: PNW Labs

Post by RFT » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Walking in through the front door of Starbucks the team sees what would be expected in any other such facility. The baristas behind the counter smiling as they work, friendly as ever with the customers. The somehow sterile feel of the synthetic wood and couches complimented by the middle class patrons ranging from a clean cut Latin man in a business suit to a couple of older heavyset ladies one with a nearly shaved head, the other with a healthy braid and both wearing loose t-shirts, and no bra. At the table in the northeast corner you see three young men sitting down and talking about some sort of book or game. Across from them is a young looking professional women working on a lap top so intently you thank she would not notice if the building exploded. The final couple sitting down is a couple of black men dressed in business casual from the insignia on one of their brief cases you can tell they must be lawyers for the office in this same building.

Walking through the Starbucks to the register you can see into the main part of the building and the security desk where an overweight young white man with multi colored hair is watching people come and go while periodically checking a series of screens or talking to his disinterested partner who looks like they could be related.

Overall you are happy to see you ingress has drawn little to no attention. As you sit to enjoy your overly sweet and bland coffee complete with its slightly burnt flavor consistent across the globe with the Starbucks experience you are able to gather some intelligence of the place. Their are four 'security guards' but judging from the physical condition and appearance they obviously are not expected to do much more than call the police if something happens. But their must be more, best to watch for a few hours and gather as much information as possible. To be honest this place feels very mundane and you find it hard to stay interested in it.


Instructions
Make a Spirit roll at -2.

Make a Notice roll for everyone as you describe how you spend 3 hours in a Starbucks or at the Subway across the hall.

Include any special things you think to track or note that I should consider.
starbucks sucks.jpg
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Peter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Spirit 3, Notice 5
WIP
Spirit 1d12-2 = -1: 1
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Benny
Spirit 1d12-2 = 3: 5
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Notice 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Peter sits in a spot with a good view of the door to help monitor the various comings and goings. While his senses are as alert as ever, something about the monotony of the whole thing quickly becomes tiresome, making it impossible for him to properly focus. He is caught staring into the distance several times, only coming to when his teammates say his name until he snaps back into focus.

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 am

Tania, at least, is not going to drink coffee...a fruit smoothie is more her style and they sell those at Starbucks also. She will also probably go across the way to Subway to get something to eat, preferably something with lots of meat. She glances around to see what other shops there might be nearby, a bit of window shopping might be a reasonable way to pass the time, without seeming suspicious.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 8: 8, Wild Notice 1d6 = 6: 6, Notice Ace 1d8 = 5: 5, WNAce 1d6 = 3: 3 Roll 13=2 raises
Spirit 1d8-2 = -1: 1, Wild Spirit 1d6-2 = -1: 1 Roll -1 (Botch)
Stealth if needed 1d8 = 6: 6, Wild Stealth 1d6 = 1: 1 Roll 5 (Success)
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Triessa took a seat in the coffee shop, ordered something mocha-ey and took a seat with a magazine from the counter by the trash bins. Fairly frequently she'd look up, look around, scrutinize passing people, then glance at her watch and shake her head with a scowl. The old 'waiting for someone who ain't showing' gag. Her experience with that bit hadn't at all started with painful personal experience, no sir.

After the first hour she got a bagel too.

Of course, she wasn't just looking in the realm of light and physics. Though Triessa didn't cast any spells to sharpen her senses, she could perceive the eddies and flows of magical energy through the world as well...and was paying as much attention to that as anything her eyes might have noticed.

Rolls: Spirit 4; Notice 12
OOC Comments
Spirit: 1d8-2 = 2: 4 or 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Benny 1d8 = 4: 4 or 1d6 = 2: 2 (includes +2 from training)
Notice: 1d6+1 = 7: 6 or 1d6+1 = 4: 3
Ace: 1d6 = 5: 5

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: PNW Labs

Post by RFT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Triessa
You feel yourself growing bored with the efforts to watch what is going on as the team surveys the building. You mind clears as you realize something is affecting it. Wiping out any thing extraordinary from your perspective. A bit of concentration helps you see things more clearly and your arcane awareness spins into overdrive. There is an enchantment on the building itself placing illusions over the employees and occupants.

Even yourself and your team are being affected as you look at them they seem uninteresting and even their names are hard to recall. To make matters worse of the dozens of employees you see, all of them have some sort of supernatural aura that is hidden under the illusion making it difficult to understand.

the need to find other things to do and leave keeps coming to and multiple times you see Tania or Peter get up to go as the spell locks more on them before they sit down again. You know you need to get out of here before the effects of the building erase these details from your mind...


As the team is hanging out they find the building is relatively boring. Nothing about it seems out of place and perhaps the Seekers gave you the wrong target. After a few hours the building begins closing down around 6:45 pm when you receive a text and an email with some interesting information and a message the research team will be joining you soon.

Peter and Tania get up and walk away heading out to meet up with Signal and Gravely as Triessa sees the spell lock down on them again.

Once everyone is away from the building Peter and Tania find that the 3 hour stake out felt more like only minutes and only Triessa was able to clearly recall the events that took place.


INSTRUCTIONS
The whole team is here now. This is a RP and planning scene. Let me know when ready for another GM post.
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:57 pm

"Well," Triessa says, rubbing her hands together as if they were cold. "We definitely have the right place. That place had one of the biggest-ass glamours I've ever seen. What's everyone got?"

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Tania halts, "A Glamour? I did not notice any such, the only thing I recall is drinking smoothies, eating a signature wrap, and doing some window shopping. If there was a glamor there, I must have been totally caught within it. Now that I think upon it, not enough time seems to have passed for us to have been there as long as we were, perhaps my perceptions HAVE been influenced."
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
Gravely
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Gravely » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 pm

"Fascinating."

"Your survellience and other observations, combined with the data we found on the building, leans very heavy on a cover up."

"Manny @Signal located a set of altered blue prints. The building is owned by one man and all the businesses are owned through shell companies or front companies that are all owned by Mr. Black."

"Any ideas on how to gain access to the structure?"
Gravely Heroic Mortal Champion
Wounds: 0/3
Bennies: 4/3

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Peter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Peter frowns, his brow furrowing. "Glamour? I'm not sure what you mean. Why are we leaving, we just got here..." He glances at his watch, causing another frown. "We've been here THREE HOURS?" he raises his voice a bit more than he would have liked to.

User avatar
Signal
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:53 am

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Signal » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:56 am

Manny, back in his human face, unconsciously slouches a little. He's not super comfortable being out here near a well-guarded (a magically guarded, even) target without the benefit of his true form. He is a little comforted by the presence of his knife, though, which is never far from reach in his backpack.

"Okay, we can either try to sneak in the conventional way, or I can take us all in through one of the electrical lines. If we're going in one of the doors, though, you'll need to give me some time to hack their security first and make sure no one is watching us."

He looks to @Triessa and @Gravely as the leaders of their little group, so he waits to see what they will say to do.

User avatar
Gravely
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Gravely » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:25 pm

"How is the Glamour going to effect other magic cast or used?"

"Where does that altered section of blueprints show up on the physical building?"
Gravely Heroic Mortal Champion
Wounds: 0/3
Bennies: 4/3

User avatar
Signal
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:53 am

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Signal » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Gravely wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:25 pm

"Where does that altered section of blueprints show up on the physical building?"
Manny does his best to point out the areas of the building that correspond to the altered blueprints. ”I think over there” he says, and then he explains the differences as best he can.

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: PNW Labs

Post by RFT » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:28 pm

Those listening to the explanation, seeing the image on their phones and looking at the building have trouble understanding the significance. But it is not completely lost.

Instructions
Make one of the following rolls. No default rolls allowed for this feat.
  • Repair -4
  • Science
  • Research
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Peter » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:33 pm

OOC Comments
WIP
Research 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6 = 1: 1

User avatar
Signal
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:53 am

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Signal » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Research 10
Research 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1

Benny that ish
Research 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2 (Ace)
-1 Benny
Manny doesn't have nearly the connection with the digital world that Signal does, but he still gets out his phone and does his best, pulling up the blueprints and holding them up next to the real-life building.

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Tania is unable to help, she knows nothing of architecture. She is pretty out of touch with the modern world really.

While unable to help find what may be hidden here, she can try to keep an eye open for trouble, though if there is a glamour here she might know the trouble if it comes after them. That worries her.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2, Wild Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d8 = 6: 6, Wild Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
Gravely
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Gravely » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Research Assist, Research 4 _
[*] Research 1d8 = 4: 4
[*] Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Digital and physical, Gravely tries to help others see where the physical blueprints differ from the physical building, following Manny's lead.
OOC Comments
Invalid dice code!
1d6 = 1: 1
Gravely Heroic Mortal Champion
Wounds: 0/3
Bennies: 4/3

User avatar
Triessa
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Triessa » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

"Alright...yeah. The glamour's subtle, and covers pretty much the entire inside of the first floor at least. It's combined with a nasty little mental bug. From what I could figure out, part of it hides the PNW workers' true appearance, and the mental part just kind of...fills you with disinterest. Sort of the magical version of a TED talk. That's why you guys lost track of time. Your minds wander, drift away...you stop noticing things. That also reinforces the effectiveness of the illusions. I mean, not to join the dark side, but it's good work. Self-reinforcing. You make everything look normal, which is boring...and then you amp up the boredom, which means no one's paying attention and can't see through the fake appearances."

She shrugs.

"You guys use your gadgets. I'll nose around the public records and see what I can pull. Sometimes there's things in there that don't show up on electronic files. Notes in the margins, you know?"


Research 11! 1d6 = 3: 3 or 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: PNW Labs

Post by RFT » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Triessa thinks of the steps needed for the physical research and realizes it is the kind of thing that will need to be done in the morning between 9 AM and 5 PM at the Municipal Building.
Player Choices
Players Choice:
  1. Give Triessa the time she needs while you do other stuff? Likely a few hours.
  2. Skip it and take actions tonight?
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Signal
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:53 am

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Signal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Triessa wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm


She shrugs.

"You guys use your gadgets. I'll nose around the public records and see what I can pull. Sometimes there's things in there that don't show up on electronic files. Notes in the margins, you know?"


Research 11! Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3 or Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
Manny nods. "I guess... yeah, that makes sense, right? They maybe didn't scan everything. Maybe, if we get some hard copies, we can double check thing and get a good look at the map. Plan a route in and out, and get everyone familiar. We can come back tomorrow night, rested and more ready."

Manny is Cautious - He's all for waiting
Let's get that extra info. Don't be hasty.

User avatar
Tania
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Tania » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Tania is a Hyena...well in a lot of ways, they are patient by nature.

She comments, "Unless you think the enemy will act tonight, there is no reason not to wait for more information, but someone needs to be on watch in case something goes down, and we need something to guard against the Glamour, so we KNOW if it does go down."
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

User avatar
Gravely
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Gravely » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Gravely nods at Triessa's request and as Tania speaks up, "Both valid points."

" @Triessa, for those of us with less experience in 'Glamours'. Would we need to be physically in the building to be effected by it? Or could we say, view the facility througha security cam and be unffected?"

"If we could get @Signal Manny into the security feed, we might be able to survey the interior of the building before tomorrow.

Gravely looks over at his old acquiantance, @Peter "You doing all right? What has changed since a year ago when we last met in the morgue?"

"@Tania, I am down for some survellience of my own. Specifically the backside of this structure."

"I also need to follow up with Michael and Mary @RFT , the information we alread have is useful and should not be lost."
Gravely Heroic Mortal Champion
Wounds: 0/3
Bennies: 4/3

User avatar
Signal
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:53 am

Re: PNW Labs

Post by Signal » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:32 am

Gravely wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm

"If we could get @Signal Manny into the security feed, we might be able to survey the interior of the building before tomorrow.
Manny nods. "Yeah. Yeah, I could do that. It will be easier as Signal, but I'll see what kind of network setup they have. Most places, you can get in wirelessly through the Internet, but some places are closed off with their own internal networks. Harder to hack."

Many goes to work with his smartphone, subtly probing the building's defenses and trying to get access to their security feed(s).
Hacking 10
Hacking 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d8 = 1: 1

Reroll: let's see if we can get a raise
Hacking 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2
-1 Benny

Post Reply

Return to “City of Seattle”