1.1 The Next Generation

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:56 am

The White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0300

The first thing that hits you is the bright light. It pierces your eyelids, stabbing into your brain. As you adjust to the brightness you see where your are. You are in a room, about twenty-five by twenty-five feet. The walls and floor are covered by easily cleaned white padding of some plastic material. It is entirely white, stark white in the glare of the bright fluorescent lights from the ceiling. There are no windows. A white padded door is the only exit. It has a small security glass window in it shut off by a slide door on the outside with a small, secure door built into it at the bottom.

The room is blank. The only furniture in the room are four bench beds covered with the same padding with an attached padding pillow. All four of you lie on these benches, the young gentlemen to one side, the young ladies on the other.

The room seems a bit chilly, and it isn’t long before you determine that the reason is you are barely dressed. The young men wear white boxer briefs. The young ladies wear functional, unflattering white underwear and a strip of cloth bound tightly across their chests, the bare minimum of modesty for everyone. Each of you has a bandage of folded gauze and medical tape on the inside of your elbow, and it is easily clear why. An IV stand sits at the head of each bed. Some kind of weird blue fluid hangs in a bag. And is it just a trick of the light, or does the fluid glow slightly? But the IV line hangs limply down to the floor, the needle no longer in your arm, though it obviously was, by the pain in your elbow and the bit of blood on the needle. You are a bit sore and groggy, and famished, likely due to whatever that glowing blue fluid is.

On the floor beside the door are four plastic trays. Each contains a bologna and American cheese sandwich, a bag of plain, cheap potato chips, and a bottle of water. Oddly, there is also what looks like a large, homemade, and delicious chocolate chip cookie. The sandwiches do look like they have been there for a few hours, however.
Instructions
  • Write an Interlude. Describe the scene where/when you were captured by unmarked tactical units (non-lethal, and as inconspicuous as possible, nothing that would likely make the news). This could be any number of days before, but you’ve been unconscious the entire time. Take a Benny.
  • Do some RP and get to know your fellow captives. Puzzle out what the hell happened. And see if you can get out. You have none of your gear with you other than what is in the room. Your access to your powers is fuzzy, like that grogginess in your head is inhibiting them somehow. But it’s clearing up. In this scene only a simple success on a Spirit roll will be needed to use your powers.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:51 am

Samuel groans, the light hurts him, a LOT. His senses are keen, so he suffers more than most from sense based attacks. If the light is painful to others, it is much worse for him. As a result, it takes him a while to adjust.

He recalls how he got here: He was working in his workshop, it was really an old tool shed but his dad let him use it for his projects. Like usual he was working on taking something apart that was not working to see if he could fix it. The old alarm clock had a broken spring. He was looking in his assorted parts for something he could use as a replacement when he realized something was going on outside in the yard.

Perhaps they did not realize how sensitive he was, but he heard the hiss as they started to let gas into the shed. He quickly built himself a rebreather from his probes, that bought him a bit of time.

He realized that they would be coming in...whoever THEY were, so he did two things. First, he tried to leave a message, something his dad might understand, by turning the flag display upside-down. Second, he waited until he heard them start to undo the air hoses and then let himself breathe the air, if he was conscious when they came in they might hurt him, but if he did not get a full dose, just possibly he might wake sooner than expected.


He finally manages to sit up, with a second groan, and look around. He comments, "Stuck in a room with three other people, if you were all naked girls it would be the start of a wet dream. As it is, I do not think this will be as pleasant." Not that he is not CLOSE to naked, the took his clothes with all the tools in his pockets (others may think they are junk, but it is all useful to him).

He stands...this is getting easier, and looks around. In particular he is looking for where air is getting into the room.

His stomach growls, reminding him that he does need to eat. He will examine the food next, make sure it has not gone bad, and check if he can tell if it has been drugged.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 9: 7 Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Last edited by Probe on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 am

Constance opened her eyes with a start, and immediately regretted it. She jammed them shut again and quickly looped an arm across them to keep that bright light out. Off to her side someone groaned. Not alone then. Not alone?! With some trepidation, she forced her eyes open, using her hands to try to regulate how much light was getting in. It helped. Through her fingers she spotted two guys and another girl. One of the guys was sitting up. Constance felt a little tension at that, until she realized he was acting just as groggy as she felt.

She grimaced at what he said though. He must not have realized anyone else was awake yet...which made her super glad she WAS awake. Super creepy. Now she didn't want to stand up or look around...but the truth wouldn't just shove itself into her brain without any effort.

When Constance tried to move, her muscles were sluggish. She managed to sit up and swivel around so her legs hung off the side of the bed. There was a lot to take in, but the next thing she saw was the bag of blue stuff with the tube attached. God was that IN her?! No, no, but it had been. This could only mean one thing.

Interlude Goes here
Soon!
"They got me," she said softly. Fear warred with elation. "They GOT me!" Out of instinct she patted her thigh where her pocket should be, and realized that wasn't really a thing now. Frustration. "Oh man, my camera!"

Modesty forgotten, she got to her feet and went to the door to try to peer out the window...maybe they'd left it open, even a crack? Could she see outside? This was her first chance to really DOCUMENT anything! She'd obviously gotten too close somehow, somewhere...and now here she was! Did they know who she was?

"Hey," she said to the guy, "Do you remember anything about how you got here? Did you see who grabbed you?"

He could be a plant, of course. That'd make sense, seeing as how he woke up first. Maybe a bit too much sense though, yeah? She'd smoke him out before she revealed anything.

Notice: 9
In case there's a view out the window, this is for that. If there's not, this is for the cell itself, to spot any inconspicuous details.
Notice: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 or 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Last edited by Chance on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Kat suppressed a groan at the bright light and the yammering voices of the two who already woke up. She heard the lech talking about wet dreams and decided to play dead for a little bit before seeing what was going on. As she did, she fought to regain her memory...

She'd gone to the alley craps game behind the abandoned factory as usual; cutting "School Spirit" events was already becoming habit, a couple of weeks into her freshman year. JimmyB, Little Tony and Sal were all there, waiting, crouching around the flattened cardboard box they used for a dice table. Aggie was late, which was unusual in itself. But she arrived a couple minutes after Kat did, looking twitchy. Should've paid more attention to that, dammit....

The game got underway, and Kat was careful to win small and often, and lose big and rarely. It was tougher for the others to see that she came out ahead every week that way. She wasn't fleecing them for much--after all, none of them had much. But it was good practice for the Big Plan--get good enough that by the time she was 18, she could head over to one of the riverboat casinos downstate, do a little grifting, and score enough to never have to come back to this rust-pit of a town again. Aggie lost a little more than usual. Another sign missed, dammit. Her head wasn't in the game.

The cars that simultaneously pulled into both ends of the L-shaped alley were NOT cop cars, certainly not the sort that would bust an underage craps game for playing hooky. Still, street kids know the scent of Authority, legit or otherwise, and these guys reeked of it. Four black SUVs, all moving like clockwork. Two stopped at the alleyway entrances, at an angle so they pretty much blocked the entire thing. The other pair came down each leg of the L, trying to box the kids in.

Not the first time a game had been rousted, of course, and the kids scattered like the street rats they were. Little Tony jumped on the dumpster and to the fire escape, scrambling up the ladder. JimmyB, full of bravado, actually ran towards one of the SUVs, jumping on top of a garbage can at the last moment, and letting it pass him by--Kat didn't see if he made it past the blocker at the end of the alley, but she wouldn't be surprised.

Sal, youngest of the group and also the smallest, dropped down and shimmied through a small, broken window leading into the factory's basement. She should be okay, at least.

Kat herself bolted for the chainlink fence that prevented access to a third, diagonal alleyway. She got a few feet up and looked back to call to Aggie. That's when she saw it.

Aggie had stopped, and was just looking at her, a miserable, helpless expression on her face. She mouthed one word, "Sorry," and then turned and walked down the other L leg, as the SUV drove right past her. Kat's eyes went wide--this wasn't a bust. This was a hunt. For her. I ever catch you in an alleyway again, you little traitor, I'll teach you about 'sorry'. Rage at the betrayal surged through her, and she lashed out with one hand, fingers splayed in the gesture of the Evil Eye she'd learned from her late Grams, and a strange, black energy came forth, sailing through the air and striking the SUV--immediately, the engine sputtered and died, leaving it stranded a hundred feet away. She wanted to figure out what the hell had just happened, but decided it would be better to figure it out later.

Even as she turned and started trying to climb again, the fourth SUV reached the juncture, running over the dice still on the cardboard. People--honestly, hard to tell if they were men or just svelte women in those matching suits and sunglasses--jumped out. Kat reached the top of the fence and was almost over when the first prongs hit her leg, sending a massive shock through her whole body. She fell ten feet to the ground, the wind knocked out of her, even as the rest of the Suits came running up.

She managed to kick one in the crotch with her combat boot, and was satisfied by the reaction to be sure that one, at least, was a male. But more tasers came out, and she practically jitterbugged on the ground in agony for several moments. Limbs unresponsive, she flailed helplessly as they grabbed her; one put a cloth over her face, filling her nose and mouth with an acrid scent.

Apparently, chloroform takes longer to work than she'd seen in the movies. She'd struggled, constantly growing weaker, for several agonizingly long minutes, unable to break free from them as she slowly lost consciousness. And now I'm here, whereever here is. Suppose I should get up, now, before Wet Dream decides to get fresh.


She opened her eyes and sat up sharply--a mistake, as her head immediately spiked with dizziness and pain. Fighting to hide her weakness, she looked around, taking in the setting. Four other kids total, most likely all prisoners, too, but... I thought Aggie was part of the group, too, and I don't know any of these feebs.

She took a moment to take stock of her current state of undress, frowning at the chest-strap. Really? I'm not even wearing a bra, yet... She looked balefully at the IV bag, then down at the bottom of the line, where the blood-tipped needle dangled. It took her a moment to process all of it--not just the fact that she was probably still under the effects of the drugs, but also... They can make mistakes. That's good.

Mindful of the first wave of dizziness, she got carefully to her feet, then crouched down, grabbing the end of the line. She tied off the tube, then yanked, hard, on the needle, breaking it off. A little fluid from below the knot dribbled onto the floor. She went around the room to the other IVs, doing the same thing, ending up with a small handful of sharp pieces of metal.

Only then did she deign to speak to the other conscious folks. "Blondie, lemme take a look at the door. Stand behind me so Wet Dream over there can't ogle my ass." She walked over to the door, crouching down to examine it--see if, by any chance, there was a lock on this side. If so, time to test her skills....
Thievery 5
Thievery roll, either to ascertain that she can't pick the lock right now, or to do that very thing.

Thievery 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Thievery 1d6 = 2: 2
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:02 am

The White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0301
  • Sam
    • There is a small air vent in the ceiling. It isn’t that large, however. You could get your arm in it, but no more.
    • You examine the food. It looks to be fine, for bologna and cheese and bread that has been out for a couple hours. You notice the cookie seems much fresher, possibly even still a little warm and chewy. You notice one of the sandwiches seems a bit...off, and when you lift the bread you find a small, pocket sized multi-tool, the kind that works like a key chain.
  • Constance
    • You can’t see out the small window in the door because the panel on the outside is slid across it. You do notice a security camera on the wall above the door watching the room.
    • You see a small black box attached to the camera. Your knowledge of hacking tells you it isn’t part of the camera. In fact, you recognize it from all the techie gadget gizmo catalogues you flip through. It’s a wireless transmitter that is often used to loop a camera feed.
  • Kat
    • You notice that there is no lock on this side of the door. You can’t pick it. But there is a metal plate screwed over where the lock would be, or the latch of the door. If only you had some tools to remove it.



Instructions
  • Write an Interlude. Describe the scene where/when you were captured by unmarked tactical units (non-lethal, and as inconspicuous as possible, nothing that would likely make the news). This could be any number of days before, but you’ve been unconscious the entire time. Take a Benny.
  • Do some RP and get to know your fellow captives. Puzzle out what the hell happened. And see if you can get out. You have none of your gear with you other than what is in the room. Your access to your powers is fuzzy, like that grogginess in your head is inhibiting them somehow. But it’s clearing up. In this scene only a simple success on a Spirit roll will be needed to use your powers.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:29 am

Sam realizes someone in the group who kidnapped them may be trying to help us. He could easily get a probe through that vent, but perhaps it is better to do things the old fashion way.

He says in answer to the earlier question, "I did not get a look at them, they gassed me from outside my workshop. I managed not to breathe much of it."

He finds the tool, just possibly they have something more than just the one camera watching us or listening in, Sam thinks to himself, so better not SAY anything about the tool.

He says instead, "What, is there something wrong with your butt? Let me get a closer look..."

He walks closer, reaching out as if to touch the aforementioned body part, but with the multitool palmed in his hand. If, as expected the girl swats at his hand, he will try to pass the tool to her.
OOC Comments
Thievery 1d4 = 4: 4 Wild Thievery 1d6 = 1: 1 Thievery Ace 1d4 = 4: 4 T ace 2 1d4 = 2: 2 Thievery = 10, 1 raise
Stealth 1d4 = 2: 2 Wild Stealth 1d6 = 6: 6 WSAce 1d6 = 2: 2 Stealth = 8, 1 raise
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:07 am

Sleepily Jason opens his eyes. Stretching a bit, he rolls over as if to go back to sleep. Wait a second my room isn’t white. Where is Kibbles?

I dropped Kibbles at the Vet. She hated the Vet, but mom insisted. Took her there for her to get “fixed”. Never thought dogs should get fixed unless they wanted it. Mom said one giant ass dog was enough. I dropped her off and was headed to school. The day went fine pretty normal except not having Kibbles. She would have stopped them. Taking my walk home I stopped at the Lakeshore East Dog Park. Even without Kibbles it was nice to see and pet the dogs. They are always better than people. Then the vans pulled up. I was petting a real cute Akita pup. I didn’t notice as the men snuck up on me. Then there was a prick and dart in my arm. Instinctively I tried changing. I was shot at least a few more times. The darts prevented my changing. I was getting sleepy I tried to run and climb the fence. Now I am here where is here?
He sits up staring blankly at everyone. Blinking a few more times to get some of the grogginess off he notices the bloodstained needle, the IV, and the food. His stomach rumbles a bit. He dives for the food sitting at the plate and eating as if he had been out for a long time. Man, this cookie is delicious its so warm. As he finishes his food in second, he finally realizes that there are other people here moving around and in their skivvies. He sits finishing the food just watching back and forth as they continue to move around him. Why would someone be named Wet Dream? That’s weird. What’s everyone’s fascination with butts?

“Any of you guys going to eat your food? The cookie is tasty. Did you guys say his name is Wet Dream?”

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 am

Chance narrowed her eyes a little on seeing the black box on the camera. An insider? Only someone who had access to the room could have put that on.

Or was it a ruse? Hm.

"Food might be spiked," she replied to the other boy, who'd started asking questions. "And yeah, he...it's a long, weird and kind of pointless story."

She turned around to look at everyone. The girl working at the door seemed like she might be making headway, so Chance reached out to grab one of the IV bags, coiling the tube up around it and tucking the needle into the tube itself so it wouldn't accidentally puncture the bag. With no camera, she'd need physical evidence that this all happened.

"We're probably being listened to in here, so...lets just be careful what we say aloud, okay?"

Though if an insider HAD disabled the camera, it stood to reason any audio feed would also be disabled otherwise it'd be out of sync with the looped video.

Why make assumptions though?

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Final Thievery total 5, Notice 5
Thievery if needed again:

Thievery 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild Thievery 1d6 = 1: 1

Tech Difficulty 1d6 = 5: 5 Serious Difficulty: -2 to rolls using the tool. Second attempt:

Thievery 2 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Wild Thievery 2 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Benny Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Notice 1d6 = 4: 4

Kat does bat his hand away, and is almost about to punch with the other hand--which has a couple of needles pointing between her knuckles, so it might leave a mark--when she blinks, pauses, frowns and turns back to the door. Her new bit of gear should help with this.... Pity it snaps like a stale potato chip as soon as she applies it to the bolts. She curses under her breath, then makes another attempt.

The lock--or maybe it's just the damaged tool--nearly defeats her, but she manages to use one of the needles as a lever, getting the plate off and (finally) unlocking the door. With that, she passes the tool back to him, not bothering with subterfuge. "At this point, they're either watching us, and we're boned, or they aren't, and we can make a break for it. Also, don't tell me where you had it hidden, I don't wanna know." With that, she opens the door and looks out.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 am

The White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0302

Kat jimmied the door panel and got access to the mechanism inside. She worked some wiring and the latch and it popped open, allowing her to open the door and stick her head out.

Outside was a dimly lit hallway. The floor was tiled, but the tile was old and cracked in places, dingy. Fluorescent lights flickered and buzzed. There were several other similar doors along the hallway, some open, some not.

At each end of the hallway where it turned a corner stood a human-sized robot.They were black with a red NX symbol standing out on their chests.
Common Knowledge success
You recognize the NX symbol from the news recently. It is the symbol for Nexus, the new agency tasked with handling issues related to mutants.
Kat hears the subtle whirr of robotics. The robots at either end of the hall aren’t alone. Another robot stands on either side of the door and they look down at her with their glowing red eyes.

“The subjects are escaping,” one of the robots intones, stepping out to confront her. Its hand closes into a fist and starts to spark with electricity. “Subdue them.”

The other robots start to move as well, the ones at the ends of the hall pulling out some kind of pistol.
Instructions
  • This will be a Quick Combat. You need 4 successes to take down the Watchmen. Make a roll and narrate your results.
  • Powers are available. No Spirit roll needed anymore, as the drug has basically worked out of your system.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:22 am

CK 2, Athletics/Throwing 9
Common Knowledge 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild CK 1d6 = 2: 2

Athletics/Throwing 1d10 = 9: 9
Wild Athletics 1d6 = 5: 5
Kat blinks. "Robots? What the hell kind of freakshow is this?" She completely misses the significance of the logo, focusing more on the strange guns being pulled out. Acting on instinct, she hurls the only weapon she has available--the thin needles she ripped off the IV bags. Most of them ping harmlessly off the robots, but one of them--afterwards, it'd be hard to describe the precise arc the needle took through the air as it landed inside the barrel of one of the guns. And it was almost impossible, even in the moment, to realize that that's why the gun misfired, disarming the robot in a most literal manner.

Still, whether she tracked what happened or not, Kat knew an opening when she saw it, and plunged forward. "Come on, we gotta get the hell out of here!"
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 am

Constance blanched at the sight of the...robots?...coming towards them. The emblem on them looked vaguely familiar, but in the stress of the moment she couldn't place it. One of the robots seemed to malfunction though, its weapon arm getting blown off in the process, and that was encouraging. A bit of hope was a powerful thing. She looked at one of the other robots and tried to concentrate. She'd had this idea for something she could do, maybe...

Time buckled. For the robot, the world seemed to turn red, then got redder and redder...and darker and darker...until it couldn't see anything at all. Years ticked by. No maintenance ever came. Energy stores dwindled. An eternity trapped in this void.

To the others in the room, one of the robots blurred slightly, then began to break down before their eyes. Its surface rusted, tarnished, and bits fell off as fastenings gave out. In just moments it was blotched and covered in moss and gunk, its upper body hanging limply from the waist...without power or purpose, as if it had been there for decades.

"She's right," Chance said numbly as she stared at her handiwork. "We've got to move. More could be coming!"

God, why don't I have my camera?!

Rolls: Fighting 6, Common Knowledge 3
Touch attack (Decay) 1d4+2 = 4: 2 or 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Common Knowledge: 1d6 = 2: 2 or 1d6 = 3: 3

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:34 pm

Sam hesitates a moment, seeing a symbol on the robots that seems both official and familiar, and sees the girls take action against the robots. Kind of looks like we are dealing with these robots whether he wants to or not.

He may not be good enough to use it right, but he morphs his remotes into his battle blade, seemingly pulling a katana-like weapon out of thin air by putting his hands together like he is holding a scapparded blade and then drawing it. One would have to look closely to realize he is forming the blade and hilt out of his own flesh and bone.

He steps forward and swings at the robots. Not being very good yet, He was off path with his swing, but managed to correct at the last moment to connect with one of the robots.
OOC Comments
Common Knowledge 1d6 = 5: 5 Wild CK 1d6 = 4: 4 5=Success
Melee 1d4 = 2: 2 Wild Melee 1d6 = 1: 1 2=failure
Damage (if hits) 1d6 = 4: 4+ Heavy, AP 6 4d6 = 13: 6, 3, 3, 1 17 damage
Notice 1d8 = 5: 5 Wild Notice 1d6 = 5: 5 5=Success

Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6 Wild Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3 Spirit Ace 1d6 = 4: 4 16=1 raise
I am assuming I do not use my Spirit die to strike, only to use my power to morph my blade into being. However, since I got a raise, could I use that to give myself a boost so that my blade was especially well balanced and actually hit? Otherwise, can I spend a bennie for a +2 on my fighting roll so I hit? (Assume that I will spend the Bennie for a +2)

OK, so I was corrected, it is an extra d6 roll, not a +2. Bennie Extra Effort Roll 1d6 = 5: 5
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Throwing
Athletics: 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Oh we are breaking out of this place. But they didn't even eat the cookies? Oh they have powers. Should I still keep mine under wraps. Yes. No need to change yet.

Quickly Jason grabs the plate his food was on and chucks it at the incoming robot as people. Not even looking to see if it hits, he grabs the cookies off the others plates stuffing one of them into his mouth as he rushes following the others out of the room. "I cannot believe you guys did not even eat your cookies? They are still warm."

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:21 am

Challenge
1d120 = 2: 2
Enemy Leadership: 1d8 = 2: 2
The White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0303

The four teens rush out of their room at the robots. Kat takes one of robot’s arms off with a well-placed needle in its stun gun. Constance rusted another into pieces, but was knocked to the floor by the third Watchman robot. This robot was taken out by a flying plate from Jason, though he had to dive for cover on the hard tile floor from a blast from the last Watchman’s stun gun. Sam charged out with his sword, engaging that robot. They wrestled a bit, Sam getting knocked into a wall, but he finally managed to cut the robot down.

As they stood their panting in the silence of the hallway after the sudden burst of violence, it didn’t seem anyone had heard their little scuffle. Could the robots have somehow alerted anyone? Probably best to assume they had.

Kat noticed a first aid kit on the wall.

***

The four teens move through the dimly lit corridors trying to find a way out. There are a few flickering EXIT lights at some ends of corridors indicating stairs. All windows have bars or safety glass on them.
Common Knowledge Success
You can figure out as you move through the corridors that this place was probably a secure mental health facility or prison for the criminally insane. Like an old Arkham Asylum being repurposed.
As the teens move toward a stairwell, the door opens and they come face to face with a startled security patrol, a man and woman wearing body armor and carrying weapons. They wear the same logo and colors that were on the robots.

The man quickly grabs his radio, calling in the escaped subjects, and you can hear reinforcements calling back that they are on their way.

The patrol doesn’t even give the teens a chance to surrender as they raise their weapons.
K. Battle or Shooting success or Common Knowledge -2
You recognize the weapons as stun weapons.
Instructions
  • Per the Quick Encounter rules in SWADE, Kat gets off scot free with her raise, but everyone else takes 1 level of Fatigue for Bumps and Bruises. These will be cleared naturally one level every 24 hours, or with a Healing check success (+1 for using the first aid kit)
  • You get the first aid kit as a bonus for your extra success. (3 uses)
  • The next scenes are going to be a Dramatic Task/Plans and Operations to escape the facility. It will be three rounds with challenges 1/2/3. You will need six successes for the entire escape attempt
  • Challenge 1: Tactical Disaster! You need 1 success. Your Target Number from the enemy leadership is...2. Roll difficulty is -4. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -4 with a TN 2 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -4: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. Narrate your actions.
  • Failure on the Challenge: Everyone on the team gets 1d3 Wounds and the GM gets a benny.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:21 am

Sam has a few bruises, but for him that is a fairly simple thing to fix. He can repair himself just the same as he would repair one of his remotes, though it is a bit harder because the pain from the damage is not at once removed.
OOC Comments
Healing Power Spirit 1d6-1 = 1: 2, Wild Spirit 1d6-1 = 2: 3 Benny for extra effort 1d6 = 4: 4
Samuel has ways to handle things, even if he is not a skilled fighter yet. He tosses his Katana, and as it flies he morphs it into a net to help restrain the enemy, it is clear they are caught by surprise and the net should keep them from firing until the rest can act.
OOC Comments
The net tossing is more a special effect, the primary roll here is Notice. Given I have a +2 normally I will only be at -2. Assuming I successfully healed the bumps and bruises.
Notice 1d8-2 = 1: 3, Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Matter Control Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3, Wild Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Athletics (throw) 1d4 = 1: 1, wild athletics 1d6 = 2: 2
Sam says, "Stun guns. They are trying not to hurt us, return the favor." The net falls short (Sam is not really good at throwing).
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:37 am

Taunt 9, +2 Support
Support (Taunt, 1d12+2, -4 from scene penalty):
Taunt 1d12-2 = 8: 10
Wild Taunt 1d6-2 = 4: 6 ACE 1d6+4 = 9: 5

The 'trapping' for her Super Skill: Taunt is basically that she says something random that just happens to cut her target to the quick.
Upon seeing the goon squad, Kat unleashes a withering stream of invective. "You pedo scum-puppies! What, your wives left you, so you have to get off chasing kids in their skivvies? Maybe if you weren't so lousy in the sack, the plumber wouldn't be such an attractive alternative!" One of the guards just stops mid-action, stunned into inaction.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Constance froze on seeing the guards. When she realized one of them had called in, her attention went from these two to the surrounding corridors. More would be coming! She focused her attention, trying to listen for the sounds of feet, so they could predict where the reinforcements would be coming from...

With an effort of will, the world seemed to turn red and dim slightly. Everyone around her slowed down a little, buying her the time she needed to look this way and that...to listen carefully and pick out the noise of people coming to help from the noise of the guards and her fellow ex-prisoners.

Rolls: Notice 14 supporting
Notice: 1d6-2 = 1: 3 or 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 4: 4

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:21 pm

Rolls and such
-4 Difficulty, +4 Support, -1 Bumps and Bruises
Survival: 1d6-1 = 3: 4
Wild: 1d6-1 = 2: 3
Benny for EE: 1d6 = 4: 4
Not one to stop and think Jason rushes out in front of the others. Quickly he turns into a bear and pulls a nearby door off the hinges. Using the door as a barricade, he barrels down the hallway allowing the others to follow along behind him.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:08 am

Round 2 Challenges
2d120 = 130: 120, 10
The White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0305

The teens barrel over the two patrolling guards, knocking them off balance and quickly taking them out. But they heard more boots on the stairs. Time to find another way out! They ran to the other side of the building, but the staircase was locked, needing a key card to gain access. And there was the sound of footsteps here too.

The teens found a door that didn’t need a keycard and quickly ducked inside as the door to the stair opened. The teens found themselves in what looked like a locker room. A bank of lockers ran down the center, with benches to sit on and a door leading to showers at the far end.

One thing Sam notices is a table just inside the door. On the table are all the clothes and items they had been carrying when they were captured.

Peeking out, Constance noticed that two of the robots they fought before were now moving down the corridor. They were opening every door as they moved down the hallway. This room wouldn’t be safe for much longer.

Then they heard a locker close and a petite Indian woman walked around the bank of lockers into sight wearing jeans, a white blouse, and putting up her long black hair in a ponytail. She froze in surprise as she stared at the nearly naked teens.

“You’re out!” she exclaimed in surprise.
Instructions
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • The next scenes are going to be a Plans and Operations to escape the facility. It will be three rounds with challenges 1/2/3. You will need six successes (2 currently) for the entire escape attempt.
  • Challenge 1: Interaction Jackpot! You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is +2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at +2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at +2: Intimidation, Investigation, Performance, Persuasion, Streetwise, and Taunt. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
  • Challenge 2: Tactical Interference. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -2: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 am

Sam gathers his net and absorbs it into himself, it is easier to carry that way as it leaves his hands free. The last thing he needs right now is for the control cord to get broken and him to be weakened by the loss of that much mass.

They make their way through the place, trying to find an exit that is not locked before they get discovered, and eventually reach the locker room. He exclaims, "Hey, our clothes! Darn it, I guess that means I don't get to enjoy the view any more."

He grabs his, checking to be sure his tools are there as well, but before he can get his clothes on, they are interrupted. He quips in response, "We are not out, the ref ruled us safe on second base."
OOC Comments
Sam's particular version of tongue tied does not stop him from talking, but does mean he is generally going to say the WRONG thing.
I call it "Mister foot in mouth." As he is not capable of leading an interaction challenge, I will do support on challenge 1. As he is healed, he no longer has the bumps and bruises.
Notice Skill to support Challenge 1: 1d8+2 = 8: 6, Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 5: 3 8 = 1 raise, +2 to group leader total
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:32 pm

Taunt 8 on Lead for Task 1
Task 1 Lead:
Scene Modifier +2, Taunt d12+2
Taunt 1d12+4 = 5: 1
Wild Taunt 1d6+4 = 8: 4


Kat hisses at Sam's comment, then turns to the woman, her mind overclocking. Super secret kiddie-snatchers, almost has info locked down; left thumb doesn't even know what the left forefinger's doing, let along the right hand. Breeds paranoia, always being afraid that you're the one being cut out of the loop; can't show you know less than anyone else. Bluffs are easier, if told with confidence, because almost no one knows 'the Truth'. Play on that fear of status.

Aloud, she starts talking even before she's finished the thought. "What Wet Dream here is trying to say is, we signed up. That's the endgame, after all. You know how it works. Granted, we probably came around faster than most folks, 'cause we could see where the cards lay right off, you know?" Even as she was talking, she was pulling on t-shirt, cargo pants, cargo boots and finally the old army surplus jacket that was easily a couple sizes too big.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:12 am

Locker Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0306

The Indian woman blinked in surprise as the teens started dressing. “You signed up?” she mused. “I see. I suppose Ms. Farouk saw to you, then,” she mused, relaxing. “Very well. I am Dr. Evelyn Rao,” she introduced herself. “What is all the hullabaloo about?”


Challenge 1: Lead 8 (Kat)+2 Support (Sam)=10 COMPLETED WITH RAISE
Challenge 2: 0 NO ONE HAS ATTEMPTED YET
Instructions
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • The next scenes are going to be a Plans and Operations to escape the facility. It will be three rounds with challenges 1/2/3. You will need six successes (2 currently) for the entire escape attempt.
  • Challenge 1 COMPLETED: Interaction Jackpot! You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is +2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at +2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at +2: Intimidation, Investigation, Performance, Persuasion, Streetwise, and Taunt. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
  • Challenge 2: Tactical Interference. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -2: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:50 pm

OOC Comments
Athletics: 1d8-3 = 2: 5
Wild: 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Benny for EE +2 from previous roll: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Still a bear and not one for communication, Jason waits by the door as the robots go room by room. With the door barely cracked open he hears them just outside the door and opens it with force slamming into them as he turns and roars to the rest of the group as if they should know what he is saying.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:26 am

White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0307

For Volo and Highlander:

The first thing that hits you is the bright light. It pierces your eyelids, stabbing into your brain. As you adjust to the brightness you see where your are. You are in a room, about twenty-five by twenty-five feet. The walls and floor are covered by easily cleaned white padding of some plastic material. It is entirely white, stark white in the glare of the bright fluorescent lights from the ceiling. There are no windows. A white padded door is the only exit. It has a small security glass window in it shut off by a slide door on the outside with a small, secure door built into it at the bottom.

The room is blank. The only furniture in the room are four bench beds covered with the same padding with an attached padding pillow. Both of you lie on your own bench.

The room seems a bit chilly, and it isn’t long before you determine that the reason is you are barely dressed, wearing only white boxer briefs, the bare minimum of modesty. Each of you has a bandage of folded gauze and medical tape on the inside of your elbow, and it is easily clear why. An IV stand sits at the head of each bed. Some kind of weird blue fluid hangs in a bag. And is it just a trick of the light, or does the fluid glow slightly? But the IV line hangs limply down to the floor, the needle no longer in your arm, though it obviously was, by the pain in your elbow and the bit of blood on the needle. You are a bit sore and groggy, and famished, likely due to whatever that glowing blue fluid is.

On the floor beside the door are two plastic trays. Each contains a bologna and American cheese sandwich, a bag of plain, cheap potato chips, and a bottle of water. Oddly, there is also what looks like a large, homemade, and delicious chocolate chip cookie, still warm. The sandwiches do look like they have been there for a few hours, however.

The door to the room is slightly ajar, as if whoever was last in didn’t quite close it all the way.
Instructions for Volo and Highlander
You can get out easily. Make a Spirit roll. On a Success, your powers are back. On a failure, they are still unavailable for that scene. Each new GM post you can make another Spirit roll to try and access your mutant powers again. Once out of the room, you hear the banging of a door and some kind of fight somewhere. You can feel free to run into the other four escapees.
Challenge 1: Lead 8 (Kat)+2 Support (Sam)=10 COMPLETED WITH RAISE
Challenge 2: Lead 4 (Jason) COMPLETED WITH ONE SUCCES
Instructions
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • The next scenes are going to be a Plans and Operations to escape the facility. It will be three rounds with challenges 1/2/3. You will need six successes (2 currently) for the entire escape attempt.
  • Challenge 1 COMPLETED: Interaction Jackpot! You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is +2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at +2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at +2: Intimidation, Investigation, Performance, Persuasion, Streetwise, and Taunt. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
  • Challenge 2: COMPLETED Tactical Interference. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -2: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am

Powered _
[*] Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
[*] Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Wow, those lights are bright. No recollection of ever seeing lights that bright.

Squinting to focus better and reduce eye strain. That helps.

White Room. Blinding Lights. Bandaged Arm. Pain in Arm.

Like slamming into a wall of bricks, the memories of the past few days hit him square and head on.
OOC Comments
arm Bands. Large Screen TV. Teasers. Short Outs. Andre the Giant. Juggernaut. Shaquile O'Neill.

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:44 am

Powers Working
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Looking around Rob tried to clear his mind. What the hell, how did he get here? Last he remembered he was hanging out with some girl he met, running around Konah he remembered they ordered their appetizer and he had to go to the rest room. But after that everything was fuzzy.

Now this place this is weird, no way was eating that nasty dry sandwich. A nice Jersey Mikes Club Supreme, Mike's way with extra red wine vinegar. The nasty looking sandwich changes and Rob grabs it, beginning to eat. Looking over he sees a giant of a man, freakish and tall. "Crap!" He stumbles back onto the bed he had just got up from.

"I don't want trouble old man." Concentrating I am not here, no one is on the bed. Rob fades from sight and becomes ghost like able to move through the air.

OOC Comments
Falling for GM trap he Eats the food.

Activates Invisibility and Phasing no roll out side of combat.
Moving out of the room into the hall way Volo looks up and down the hall to see what is going on.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:58 am

Hearing another voice @Volo , Cailean looks around through squinted eyes.

Another kid in the room, okay.

Cailean decides to follow suit, "Yeah mister I don't want no trouble either." His voice comes out kind of hoarse and gravely.

Thinking the problem resolved, Cailean lays back on the bed and closes his eyes.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Pain in the Arm.

Dad said that if I left the armbands on no one would hurt me.

Cailean lift his left hand to feel his right upperarm. His hand feels heavy and he moves rather slowly in the process. When his hand reaches where his arm would be he stops. He feels his arm.

With eyes still shut he begins feeling his arms, his torso, and the rest of his body. I am naked. Is this really me? Those arms were BIG. When did I get a chest the size of Andre the Giant?

Cailean drops his hand back to his side before checking out his face and head so he completely misses the whole manly look he is sporting.

The arm bands are gone and Cailean feels he is in another person's body.

Opening his eyes again triggers another memory. Dad got shot. Blinding flashes came from in front of the big screen tv. I ran.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:59 pm

White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0308

Rob walks out into the corridor. It is a long, sterile, empty thing, old tile floors and other doors similar to the one he just phased through. It looks a bit like a disused old mental prison. Fluorescent lights flicker and buzz along the corridor. You hear what sounds like a scuffle somewhere around the corner.

And then an electronic voice speaks to you from your left.

“Halt, mutant!” There is the sound of metal and advanced plastics moving and a human-sized robot turns to confront you, its fists sparking with electrical energy.
Instructions for Volo and Highlander
Cailean, the door is locked, though I bet with your strength you could easily get out. Just make a simple Strength check to bash the door open. Then you both can make support rolls for Challenge 2 (below).
Challenge 1: Lead 8 (Kat)+2 Support (Sam)=10 COMPLETED WITH RAISE
Challenge 2: Lead 4 (Jason) COMPLETED WITH ONE SUCCESS
Instructions
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • The next scenes are going to be a Plans and Operations to escape the facility. It will be three rounds with challenges 1/2/3. You will need six successes (2 currently) for the entire escape attempt.
  • Challenge 1 COMPLETED: Interaction Jackpot! You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is +2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at +2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at +2: Intimidation, Investigation, Performance, Persuasion, Streetwise, and Taunt. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
  • Challenge 2: COMPLETED Tactical Interference. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -2: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 am

Seeing the machine Rob stumbles back through the door and through the giant. His voice rasping as he tries to talk while intangible. "Careful there is a robot out there, and i think it wants to kills us. I do not know who you are, but my guess is your a prisoner like me?"

Thinking for a moment Rob says. "Okay, once you break the door open I will run across and dash through the next room. While it follows me, maybe it will give you a chance to surprise it with a solid smashing?"

Waiting for the right moment Rob lets himself become visible and as soon as the door is smashed open dashes across the hall angled slightly towards the machine before disappearing into the next room.

Athletics = success
Athletics d6, scene -2
Athletics 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Benny because there is not point in not spending them. (+2 from elan)
Athletics 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:50 pm

Chance stuck by Jason...she knew enough to let Kat do the talking, since he seemed to be doing fine. She kept her eyes on this...scientist? Doctor? Whoever she was. Alert for signs of trouble, and ready to warn someone or try to intervene if things looked to be going off the rails.


(Supporting with Notice! Got a 7...dangit, one shy of a raise. :))
1d6-1 = 5: 6 or 1d6-1 = 4: 5, including -2 to roll, and -1 from bumps and bruises)
Ace! 1d6 = 2: 2

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Volo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 am
Seeing the machine Rob stumbles back through the door and through the giant. His voice rasping as he tries to talk while intangible. "Careful there is a robot out there, and i think it wants to kills us. I do not know who you are, but my guess is your a prisoner like me?"

Thinking for a moment Rob says. "Okay, once you break the door open I will run across and dash through the next room. While it follows me, maybe it will give you a chance to surprise it with a solid smashing?"

Waiting for the right moment Rob lets himself become visible and as soon as the door is smashed open dashes across the hall angled slightly towards the machine before disappearing into the next room.

Athletics = success
Athletics d6, scene -2
Athletics Original post: 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild Original post: 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Benny because there is not point in not spending them. (+2 from elan)
Athletics Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
Cailean hears the other boy speak about someone smashing doors and robots and he laughs. The laugh comes out hoarse, gravely, and baritone. What the ... ?

Dad didn't like him swearing, so Cailean holds his tongue before he says anything more.
OOC Comments
"Well the door must be a bed sheet and the robot one of those RCA types with the paddle controlers."

He felt the other boy bump into while he was still laying on the bed but the feel of his body was way off.

No aches. No pains. Just the blinding light of the room.

Using his arms, Cailean pushes himself up to sitting with his eyes closed. Those lights are brutal.

Cailean moves legs off the bed and hangs his head down towards the floor to avoid the glare. As he hangs his head down his hair, Wow his loads of hair , covers his face and then get stuck to his face. Cailean opens his eyes and begins brushing hair from his face and realizes he has facial hair. Facial Hair? Hold up!

Cailean looks at his hands and his body and realizes then that the other boy in the room was talking to him. Cailean was as big as hia father . He was like Andre the Giant with lots of hair. Standing up from the table and looking at the floor, he was clearly not five foot.

Stretching, with arms above his head, Cailean puts the lights out and plunged the room into darkness. He laughs as the shards of glass, now grains of sand size sprinkle down on him.

Hulk Smash _
[*] Strength 1d6 = 3: 3
[*] Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Cailean heads through the open door and heads smack right into the robot. Because of his size the robot and Cailean come in contact with each other. Sort of Using the Robot
Electronics Failure _
[*] Anti-Tech 1d6 = 4: 4
[*] Slow at Christmas - Robot functions at half speed.
Cailean approaches the locked door and decides haul back and smash the door.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:01 pm

Challenge rolls
3d120 = 236: 86, 87, 63
2d120 = 123: 7, 116
White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0309

The Indian woman blinked in surprise as the teens started dressing. “You signed up?” she mused. “I see. I suppose Director Farouk saw to you, then,” she mused, relaxing. “Very well. I am Dr. Evelyn Rao,” she introduced herself. “What is all the hullabaloo about?”

Just then Jason the Bear and Constance banged through the door, startling the patrol and taking them out quickly.

“Wait, those are Nexus soldiers. They’re on our side,” Rao protested.

Down the hall and around the corner came another loud crash.

When the teens investigate, they find two more teenage boys just as dressed (or, rather, undressed) as they had been before they found the locker room. Well, one teenage boy. The other is massive, with a huge beard and long hair. There wasn’t much time to chat. The alarms were still going off and somewhere a door banged open and the tramp of feet could be heard.
OOC Comments
Feel free to interact with Volo and Highlander here.
As the now enlarged group continues to try and find a way to escape, they reach a security door on the other staircase. Unfortunately it seems that Nexus security has pinpointed their location as a complete squad of four guards supported by two robots appears at the end of the corridor.

At the other end of the corridor, Dr. Evelyn Rao seemed to have followed them. “I am so confused here. What is going on?” she asked.

Looking at the security door, there is a keypad and card scanner the teens need to bypass to get through.

Challenge 1:
Challenge 2:
Challenge 3:
Instructions
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • The next scenes are going to be a Plans and Operations to escape the facility. It will be three rounds with challenges 1/2/3. You will need six successes (5 currently) for the entire escape attempt.
  • Challenge 1 (Security team): Tactical Major Issue You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -4. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -4 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -4: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny and Team Leader takes 1d3 Wounds.
  • Challenge 2 (Dr. Rao. Again): Interaction Bit of Luck. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is +2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at +2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at +2: Intimidation, Investigation, Performance, Persuasion, Streetwise, and Taunt. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
  • Challenge 3 (Security door): Technical Interference. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -2: Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Repair, Science. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:15 am

Sam says, "I think I have something for the door, let me check my pockets."

Sam reaches into his pocket (glad he now has a pocket) and morphs a probe into the shape of a security card, then "pulls the card out of his pocket" and inserts it into the scanner. Once the card/probe is in the scanner he morphs threads from the probe to search out the different systems and trace where signals go. Then he types in his birthday as a passcode into the keypad while tracing where the signals go. At some point along the way there should be a simple binary switch that tells the system "yes this is correct/no this is wrong", all he needs to do is see what it is being told (which will be that the information is wrong), and tell it the opposite.
OOC Comments
Repair 1d8-2 = 2: 4, wild repair 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Other appropriate skills if they can add to the roll:
Science 1d6-2 = 0: 2, Wild Science 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Academics 1d4-2 = 2: 4, Wild Academics 1d6-2 = 1: 3 Academics Ace 1d4 = 1: 1
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:38 am

Cailean turns back towards the sound of footsteps and whirring robots. His voice hoarse and gravely, "Look lady it appears that you belong here and we don't. We are leaving."

"Besides these briefs are really tight." Surprisingly enough the underwear has not ripped off his body but it is really stretched.

Challenge 1 _

[*] Strength 1d6 = 4: 4
[*] Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Cailean grabs Doctor Roa, "I wouldn't resist. I am not sure what I am capable of. But you are now my human shield."

To the other children, "I am Cailean. Stand between myself and what's his name working on the keypad."
Last edited by Highlander on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:54 am

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Constance blurted, rushing over to the...giant guy with a beard.

"Everyone just calm down!" She looked at the doctor and scrubbed her fingers through her hair. "Okay, look...it's like this."

"We're not here because we voluntarily joined. We woke up with needles in our arms and practically naked, and none of us have any idea what's going on, but since there were a bunch of robots who tried to kill us, I'm assuming that it's not good...and from what you're saying you probably don't know that the people you're working for are kidnapping kids and holding them against their will. With robot assassins guarding them."

She took a moment to inhale. "Can't emphasize that enough. Robots."

"So..." she put a hand on Cailean's arm in what she hoped was a calming sort of way. "Lets not be hasty here. We could use her help if we're going to get out."

Constance looked at Dr Rao. "Will you help us? I know it's a lot to take in, but there's something really bad happening here, and you don't seem like someone who'd be on board with that."


Persuasion 1d6+2 = 4: 2 or 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Ack, forgot bruises, so that's a 5, not a 6

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 am

Walking back into the hall Volo sees the giant grab the woman and threaten to use her as a shield. "Hey asshole, what are you doing? Put the chick down. We got shit to do an you playing Kong is just not gonna work."

when the little blonde girl interrupts and calms things he nods. "Okay, I guess that was a better way of handling things. Sorry about yelling at you old-man."

Tension settled a little bit Volo puts his mind to the task at hand. "Do we need her to come with us for some reason or can we lock her in one of these rooms?

"Also any of you know anything other than some morons kidnapped us? If not I am game for getting out of here as soon as possible and not bringing people with us."


OOC Comments
I will help in whatever task. They all look pretty workable for Volo so just let me know guys and I will roll with it.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Volo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 am
Walking back into the hall Volo sees the giant grab the woman and threaten to use her as a shield. "Hey asshole, what are you doing? Put the chick down. We got shit to do an you playing Kong is just not gonna work."

when the little blonde girl interrupts and calms things he nods. "Okay, I guess that was a better way of handling things. Sorry about yelling at you old-man."

Tension settled a little bit Volo puts his mind to the task at hand. "Do we need her to come with us for some reason or can we lock her in one of these rooms?

"Also any of you know anything other than some morons kidnapped us? If not I am game for getting out of here as soon as possible and not bringing people with us."


OOC Comments
I will help in whatever task. They all look pretty workable for Volo so just let me know guys and I will roll with it.
Cailean looks around, "Like who are you talking to about being an old-man?"

Finding a reflective surface, Cielian notices hsi appearance and just shrugs. "Well don't that beat all?"

Turning back to Volo, still holding Doctor Roa, "So smart ass. How many other old men or women you see running around here in their boxer briefs? Hmmm?"

"Let us just say, something has changed since I was last conscious and it has everything to do with this." Cailean lifts Doctor Roa up and points to the Nexus rest on her lab coat. "My dad was shot by thugs wearing this logo on their armor and suits."

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:26 am

White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0310

Sam works his magic on the security door -- or at least he tries to. His makeshift security card just isn’t cutting it as he finagles with the electronic lock.

Meanwhile Cailean grabbed Dr. Rao. She yelped in fright as he held her between them and the security team.

The security team pulled up short, weapons half raised, unsure what to do with Rao in the way. Though if those are non-lethal weapons like the ones the previous guards had, they could likely just shoot her and remove her from the equation. For now, though, they were stymied as the team leader radioed for orders.

Dr. Rao blinked at Constance’s stream of words. “Robots. Yes. Those are MARS Watchman robots, designed for basic security needs. I thought Director Farouk had recruited you. She can be very convincing. It really would be in your best interest. I-I can help you be normal again! But you are here against your will?” She looked up at the massive, mostly naked, man holding her.

Challenge 1: Caelian (Lead): 5 SUCCESSFUL
Challenge 2: Constance (Lead): 5 SUCCESSFUL
Challenge 3: Sam (Lead): 2 - Volo, Jason, and Kat can still help here
Instructions
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • The next scenes are going to be a Plans and Operations to escape the facility. It will be three rounds with challenges 1/2/3. You will need six successes (7/6 currently) for the entire escape attempt.
  • Challenge 1 (Security team): Tactical Major Issue You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -4. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -4 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -4: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny and Team Leader takes 1d3 Wounds.
  • Challenge 2 (Dr. Rao. Again): Interaction Bit of Luck. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is +2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at +2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at +2: Intimidation, Investigation, Performance, Persuasion, Streetwise, and Taunt. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
  • Challenge 3 (Security door): Technical Interference. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -2: Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Repair, Science. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:30 am

Wish the door open 15 = +3 to Highlanders roll
Wishing 1d12-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace 1d6+10 = 15: 5
Coming on the security door Volo sees the security door locked. Security doors have never really been a big deal to Volo and this was was likewise not a big deal. "That control pad is broken." He whispers as he concentrates on the pad having failed in the open position.

The door sliding partly open leaves little to no resistance as Highlander opens it. Once outside Volo looks around taking an appraisal of where they where at. "Hey guys, anyone have a ride or do we need to fly away from here?"
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:17 am

OOC Comments
Malfunction 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Wild Spirit 1d6-2 = 0: 2
EE 1d6+3 = 5: 2
Kat rolls her eyes as her beautiful lie to Dr. Rao gets stripped almost as bare as the hulking man-mountain that came out and grabbed her. She eyes the two new arrivals with even more suspicion than she did the ones in the room she woke up in, but they seem to be on the same agenda. "Yeah, Doc, we all got snatched and dragged here. And normalcy's overrated."

As a case-in-point example, she levels her hand the door that Sam and (unbeknownst to most) Volo had gotten open once they are all through as the door shuts again, and the pad sends up several sparks. "See? Who wants normal?"
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:00 am

White Room
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0311

For Winger:

The first thing that hits you is the bright light. It pierces your eyelids, stabbing into your brain. As you adjust to the brightness you see where your are. You are in a room, about twenty-five by twenty-five feet. The walls and floor are covered by easily cleaned white padding of some plastic material. It is entirely white, stark white in the glare of the bright fluorescent lights from the ceiling. There are no windows. A white padded door is the only exit. It has a small security glass window in it shut off by a slide door on the outside with a small, secure door built into it at the bottom.

The room is blank. The only furniture in the room are four bench beds covered with the same padding with an attached padding pillow. You lie on one of the benches.

The room seems a bit chilly, and it isn’t long before you determine that the reason is you are barely dressed, wearing only white utilitarian underwear and a white strap tight across your chest, the bare minimum of modesty. You have a bandage of folded gauze and medical tape on the inside of your elbow, and it is easily clear why. An IV stand sits at the head of your bed. Some kind of weird blue fluid hangs in a bag. And is it just a trick of the light, or does the fluid glow slightly? But the IV line hangs limply down to the floor, the needle no longer in your arm, though it obviously was, by the pain in your elbow and the bit of blood on the needle. You are a bit sore and groggy, and famished, likely due to whatever that glowing blue fluid is.

On the floor beside the door are two plastic trays. Each contains a bologna and American cheese sandwich, a bag of plain, cheap potato chips, and a bottle of water. Oddly, there is also what looks like a large, homemade, and delicious chocolate chip cookie, still warm. The sandwiches do look like they have been there for a few hours, however.

The door to the room is slightly ajar, as if whoever was last in didn’t quite close it all the way.
Instructions for Winger
You can get out easily. Make a Spirit roll. On a Success, your powers are back. On a failure, they are still unavailable for that scene. Each new GM post you can make another Spirit roll to try and access your mutant powers again. Once you step out of the room, you run into a group of kids your own age. Two of the boys are dressed (or undressed) like you in just white, functional underwear. The other 4 are in street clothes. They seem to be in a hurry, and you can hear shouting and the stomping of heavy boots down the corridor from which they came.




Challenge 1: Caelian (Lead): 5 SUCCESSFUL
Challenge 2: Constance (Lead): 5 SUCCESSFUL
Challenge 3: Sam (Lead): 6 SUCCESSFUL

Jason and Shanice can still participate in these challenges.
Instructions
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • The next scenes are going to be a Plans and Operations to escape the facility. It will be three rounds with challenges 1/2/3. You will need six successes (8/6 currently) for the entire escape attempt.
  • Challenge 1 (Security team): Tactical Major Issue You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -4. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -4 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -4: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny and Team Leader takes 1d3 Wounds.
  • Challenge 2 (Dr. Rao. Again): Interaction Bit of Luck. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is +2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at +2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at +2: Intimidation, Investigation, Performance, Persuasion, Streetwise, and Taunt. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
  • Challenge 3 (Security door): Technical Interference. You need 1 success. Your Target Number is 4. Roll difficulty is -2. Choose a Team Lead for this roll. Others may roll a support roll of any skill at -2 with a TN 4 to add up to +4 to the Team Lead. The Team Lead should roll one of the following skills at -2: Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Repair, Science. Narrate your actions. On a Failure, GM gets a Benny.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:15 am

OOC Comments
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Interlude:

Shanice had just completed her final timed lap while controlling a quidditch snitch. Sun was setting, it was time to head home. Along her usual path, she saw a signal flare.

Slowing to a hover, a woman beside a horse on its side. The woman was clearly surprised to see a purple hovering girl, but waved her over emphatically.

"Oh thank you, Jesus. I didn't expect a ..um .. But am I ever glad to see you. She's not breathing right."

As she hovered closer, horse began to struggle. The woman was focused on the beast. "Oh, she's getting spooked. Calm down. She's a friend. She's here to help." shhhh. Looks back at Shanice. "I .. please, Please don't take this the wrong way, is there a way to ... turn down the shimmering? ... It's not the fuschia. Horses can't see red, only green and blue ... so we're all the same teal to a horse. I think it's just the shimmer."

Shanice wasn't about to abandon a horse in trouble. Encountering a stranger was always super awkward. But the woman was genuinely trying to be friendly, either genuinely or because she needed something. Bringing up a common ground in the horse's eyes really caught her offguard, even made her feel ashamed a bit. She dropped her shield and walked cautiously as the woman motioned her closer and consoled the beast. The woman consoled the horse, "See? she's a friend. It's okay now."

Reaching out to touch the wheezing creature, "I think I can lif-"

The first tranq round had worked fine on a 1000 lbs Tennessee walker. The second worked even better on a 130 lbs teen girl.

Last words she caught while blacking out, "I had to. You just saved my farm."
It's sad that piercing white lights are so familiar, they're almost soothing, after all the doctors appointments about her skin or her latest injury.

She yawns and stretches her neck and tries to lift her head and move her limbs a bit. The sting in her arm is nothing weird, but realizing she's not in a hospital robe is what shocks her awake.

She checks and stretches each limb, checks her sides for wires of IV's before sitting up and looking around. Trays of sane finger food with no peaches or white mush; yeah, this ain't a hospital.

Great, glowing blue draino. She fiddles with a construct coin for a moment to assure herself her powers are still intact. The food's probably drugged. And the bottled water is definitely drugged, but ... water's important. She doesn't touch it with her lips, but pours it into a construct beaker just to get a tiny sip, then pours it back and caps it up.

She looks over what else she's got. Smashes up the bread to a sponge, uses the IV and squeezes the bag to store some draino in the sponge. Recites her favorite lines from her boyfriend, Will Smith, in "Enemy of the State" way under her breathe while dumping out the chips and stuffing blue sponge in. She folds it tight and smashes it to a little flat square and stashes it in her bandeau. Takes the needle.

She peeks and listens at the doorgap. And as the chaos outside picks up, yeah, it's time to make a break for it. Force shield tight to her body. She's not held back by modesty. If anything, the Lilu look is empowering.
Last edited by Winger on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Sam is a bit surprised when, after resisting his efforts, the door suddenly swing open under his touch as it it were never locked in the first place. This seems rather strange, but under the circumstances he is not inclined to look a gift horse in the mouth.

He says to the others, "The door is open. We found our clothes over there, if you other guys want you can check and see if yours are there too. Doctor, if someone wants to recruit us, they picked a darn unfriendly way to do it, do they have more prisoners?"

He speech is kind of jumbled together, but at least it did not come out sounding crude for once.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Kat swings around as yet another person steps into the hallway. Okay, glowing, that's new. "Yo, Bubble-Girl. See you're wearing the official conscript uniform. Like Wet Dream here says," she thumbs at Sam, "your clothing is in that room over there." Noting the athletic frame, she adds, "Saw some pads and a helmet shoved in a corner in there. Guessing they're yours. But we kinda need to get going before more killer robots show up."

She turns to Dr. Rao. "And just to be clear--this is a really, really shitty place to work for. You might wanna consider a job change, especially since Upper Management or Central Control or the Inner Circle or whoever is probably gonna be looking for a scapegoat for all this."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:09 pm

A group of rebels breaking out. Yes. She's all in. "Thanks. Checking"

She rushes back in her room and hand smacks the other bench beds to make sure there're no sleeping invisible mutants, then rushes out. "My room's clear"

She sprints to the locker room and dresses out ASAP while listening for danger.

(add moment#1)
She'll freeze for a moment, naked, when Volo rushes in and strips. She get's back up to half speed dressing while ... totally sidelook checking him out. But finally accelerates back to full speed dressing out and strapping on her pads and flygear.
(/add)

Then joins the rebels.
Last edited by Winger on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:01 am

Hearing where the clothes are Rob disappears into the room and changes without any modesty of closing the door or worry of others in the room.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:04 am

Initiative
10d54 = 332: 3, 49, 52, 39, 53, 1, 10, 31, 46, 48
Nexus Facility
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0313

With the security door and the latest security team taken care of, the teens scramble down the stairwell, rushing for freedom. It seemed most of the three story building, with its dark halls and corridors of secure cell doors, is unused. When they hit the bottom, they rush out into a dark warehouse.

“Stop where you are!” Bright, blinding light erupts as spotlights are shone on the teens from the open catwalks. “If you move, muties, we will shoot!”

The teens can make out a larger security team than they had seen before. Apparently they figured the teens would make for the way out. Four of those Watchman robots aim their weapons at the teens where they stand at the bottom of the stairs. On the catwalks are four human guards, with a woman seemingly giving orders.
Instructions
  • Everyone can go ahead and post. I will put them in order in the GM writeup.
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.




Tactical Combat Roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/4459404/RKP38w
Initiative
Hexx - 53 - Joker! Everyone gets a Benny! Hexx gets +2 to Trait and Damage
Jason - 52
Highlander 49
Captain - 48
Nexus - 46
Probe - 39
Watchmen - 31
Winger - 10
Volo 3
Chance - 1
***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:05 am

OOC Comments
Joker for +2
Two Actions for -2 MAP
Move to space adjacent to the bottom of the stairs.

Taunt Captain:
Taunt 1d12+2 = 4: 2
Wild Taunt 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Benny to Reroll
Taunt 1d12+2 = 4: 2
Wild Taunt 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ACE 1d6+8 = 9: 1
Okay, per Test rules, Captain rolls Smarts to resist:
9 or better: No effect
6-8: Distracted (-2 to her actions this turn)
5 or less: Shaken

Hex-bolt Nexus Robot directly in front of the stairs--Negation/Vigor, Ranged Touch Attack (Throwing, at +2 for Touch) to hit, then Opposed Spirit rolls for the effect:
Ranged Touch Attack 1d10 = 10: 10
Wild Throwing 1d6 = 4: 4

Hex Bolt 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild Spirit 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Kat snarls as they come face-to-face with the goon squad and their bot buddies. Mouth moving faster than her brain, even as she starts running down the steps, she calls out to the woman in charge, "Christ, lady, if a bunch of kids have gotten this far on your watch, you must suck at your job. Or maybe you just suck the boss to keep your position?"

Getting to the bottom of the stairs and onto the floor, she tries cursing one of the robots with that freaky gesture again--while the distorted dark energy strikes the bot, it doesn't seem to have any effect. "Hey, Man-Mountain! Maybe punch a hole through these overgrown Keurig machines so we can get outta here?"
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:54 am

Cailean surveys their surroundings and spots the security chief. Looking to others of their ragtag bunch in their own threads, Cailean was only able to put the hood of his hoodie on his head.

To the "team", "Whatchya think. How would mister captain of the force's clothes look on me?" He stands up tall trying to envision himself in the captain's clothes.

Getting looks from the "team", "Well at least his pants. And are those the new model combat kicks ..."

Cailean looks down at his feet and over to the security captain, "... I would say those size 12s would do just fine."

Cailean pushes through the "team" and takes a fighting postion with the bot directly in front of his current position. "Only really ever watched bot fights when my da' was away. They were never this big on the teley but then again I was never this big either."

WIP _
Bot in front
Ambidextrous
Two Fisted
Left Fist Fighting 9, Damage 13 MDC
  • Left Fighting 1d4 = 4: 4
  • Aced Left Fighting 1d4+4 = 8: 4
  • Super Aced! Left Fighting 1d4+8 = 9: 1
  • Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
    Damage (Strength + Attack/Melee 2 = 3d6)
  • 3d6 = 13: 5, 3, 5
Right Fist Fighting 5, Damage 6 MDC
  • Right Fighting 1d4 = 3: 3
  • Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
    Damage (Strength + Attack/Melee 2 = 3d6)
  • 3d6 = 6: 2, 2, 2
Bot to the left
First Strike
Ambidextrous
Two Fisted
Left Fist Fighting MISS,
  • Left Fighting 1d4 = 3: 3
  • Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Right Fist Fighting 11, Damage 17 MDC
  • Right Fighting 1d4 = 3: 3
  • Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
  • Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 11: 5
    Damage (Strength + Attack/Melee 2 = 3d6)
  • 3d6 = 12: 6, 4, 2
  • Aced Damage 1d6+12 = 17: 5

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:46 pm

Sam responds, "Study your biology a bit people, every person ever born is technically a mutant. Mutant is not an insult, it is a fact of nature. Now Idiot is an insult, and one you guys well deserve."

OK, so that is probably true...Sam remembers reading it when he was researching mutation after his powers first appeared. Still, he is not actually certain, he has not studied advanced biology.

Really though, he is distracting the enemy...while behind his back he morphs a probe into the form of a grappling hook on a rope. He is not sure if he can throw a hook far enough to reach the guys on the catwalk, but it is worth a try. Once he has the rope ready, he spins and throws at the nearest of the armed guards, the idea being to hit him with the hook and pull him off the catwalk so he falls to the ground.
OOC Comments
Attack 1d4 = 3: 3, Wild Attack 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage 4d6 = 19: 6, 5, 5, 3+Strength 1d6 = 2: 2
Not sure, but try Persuasion 1d4 = 2: 2, Wild Persuasion 1d4 = 2: 2 ummm, wild should have been 1d6 = 1: 1
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:35 pm

When the going got rough, Constance...turned blue. She turned blue, then shaded into violet, and then seemed to disappear completely!

That's what everyone else saw at least. From her perspective the world got dim and red, as if all the lights in the room had been covered by a thick red filter. And of course, it got slow. Now she had some time to think...but even that was interrupted when she was joined by...uh...Constance.

The other her was wearing different clothes, and had somewhat longer hair, done in a little bob at the nape of her neck. She looked around, then slapped her forehead.

"Oh shit, right...this. Uh, okay. So you get that support there, and I'll get..."

Constance stared at her, then blurted, "Wait, what?"

The one with the bob nodded and waved her hands. "It's okay, relax. I'm just...you. Kind of. You'll see. I'd explain it, but that's not what happened and time doesn't STOP for us so we can't really take too long. Just...focus in okay?" She pointed. "Make time go really fast right there around that support. Like you did with the...uh...it was a robot right?"

Chance nodded shakily.

"Right, like that. I'll get the other two on the far end. Remember, you don't have to make it ALL go, even just a little break will make the whole thing fail."

As the other 'her' headed out over the catwalk to the far end, breezing easily past the nearly-frozen guards with guns, Chance focused her attention on the catwalk intersection that linked the part of the walk they were on to the rest of the catwalks around them. The air around them seemed to flex and shimmer as from within her own time warp, she further warped time around that spot. Meanwhile she could see another pair of distortions forming around the other two junctions.

Goddamn, she hoped this wasn't just some kind of crazy pill these guys had stuffed down her throat.

(OOC - Action 1: Duplicate. The duplicate superspeeds over to the opposite end of the catwalks. Chance stays put.
Action 2: Chance uses Decay on the closest spot where the catwalk the baddies are on links up with other catwalks.
Dup Action 1: She does the same on one of the other spots in the back there.
Action 2: Then again, on the last one.

That should cut that whole section of the catwalk free of the rest, meaning that it's either unsupported entirely, or might have some kind of strut connected to the ceiling. Even if the latter, it's likely to not be enough to support all that weight by itself. GM call of course. :))

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:39 pm

Rolls to trample
War Elephant stats are in fantasy companion page 117.
Fighting: 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Jason looks around and jumps over the railing. Oh shit what could I turn into to fight robots. Those are fucking robots. Hmm lets think..what is a good animal. Then the only thing he could think of came to his mind. His nose elongated into a big snout really long like a water hose. His ears grew entirely too big as well as the rest of him. Suddenly he took up a lot of space as he turned into the first big thing he could think of from the zoo he recently visited. He turned into an Elephant. Thundering forward he rammed as many of the robots with his giant body as he could without a care for what was in the way. Trying to move his body so as to not trample his friends.

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Winger backs up behind the rest, and concentrates on where all her teammates are.

Sheathes barely outlined in purple form around all of them, like her own.

She's strictly focusing on keeping them moving in time with all the chaos.

+8 Toughness Forcefield (+1 for each level of Force Control. Force Control level 8)
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:46 am

Acting on a 27
Try again (Using benny gained for new card) 1d54 = 27: 27.

No luck, will post later after baddies
Volo looks around at all the robots and soldiers and does not know what to do at first. This is a big deal and he has no clue how to really fight like, fight, fight. But when he sees everyone jump into action he knows maybe he can do the same. Concentrating as hard as he can Volo wishes he could turn into a monster like that other kid.

Waiting for it to happen the seconds feel like they will never end, then finally Volo feels a tingling go over his whole body but then it is as if nothing happened. "not this again!" Dang it, sometimes his wishes go bad, real bad. Shaking his head Volo, finds he cannot think clearly as he falls to his knees.

OOC Comments
Wish 1d12-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Backlash 1d12 = 6: 6
Becomes shaken and Wish Power stop working for 1d6 = 4: 4 Hours
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:17 am

OOC Comments
belated vigor roll for fatigue

Vigor 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:14 am

Nexus Facility
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0314
Round 1

Katt yelled out insults at the guard captain and the blonde woman merely gave the teen girl a level stare, too professional to be distracted by such juvenile shenanigans.

Katt then blasted the Watchman robot at the bottom of the stairs with a hex bolt, but the machine seemed unaffected as it aimed at her.

Jason came running down the stairs. Katt barely had time to jump out of the way before he turned into an elephant and ran at the two robots, crashing into several crates. The Watchmen managed to jump out of the way, however.

Cailean had a bit more luck as he barreled down to engage another of the robots. His massive fists struck the machine, taking its head clean off, sending the body clattering to the concrete floor.

“Keep them away from the doors!” the guard captain yelled, moving along the catwalk to the west. Her blue eyes locked with Katt’s. “You think you have a smart mouth. We’ll soon bring you in line. Or bury you.” She lifted her rifle. A bolt of energy shot out at Katt. It splattered against the stairs behind Katt in an arc of energy.

“How do they have powers?” one of the Nexus guards yelled. “They aren’t supposed to have powers! We aren’t kitted out for this!”

“Shut up and just take them down!” the captain yelled. “Someone screwed up. We’ll figure it out later!”

“Permission for lethal action, Captain.”

“Negative. The Director wants them alive.”

The soldiers followed orders, moving on the catwalk as best they could to fire on the escaping teenagers.

“We don’t have shots!” two of the Nexus guards called as they moved along the catwalk, but two others were able to get into range to shoot at the elephant. One of the shots hit, sending energy corruscating over the elephant’s leathery skin.
Jason Elephant
Make a Vigor roll or be stunned. Failure means you are Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, you make a Vigor roll to revive. Success means you revive but are Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means you revive instantly and are not Shaken.
Sam followed Katt’s lead and mouthed off, then he threw a grappling hook at one of the guards, but it fell far short.

The three remaining Watchmen robots moved up. Two were up on the elephant. They raised their fists, which arched with electrical energy, and swung at the elephant. The other raised its rifle at Cailean.
Highlander
Make a Vigor roll or be stunned. Failure means you are Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, you make a Vigor roll to revive. Success means you revive but are Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means you revive instantly and are not Shaken.
Jason Elephant
You take 1 Wound (may soak). Make a 2 more Vigor rolls or be stunned. Failure means you are Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, you make a Vigor roll to revive. Success means you revive but are Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means you revive instantly and are not Shaken.
Rob tried to use his power, but maybe that weird glowing blue serum was still in him a little bit, and his power wonks out, leaving him shaken.

Shanice backs up, focusing her concentration on protecting the other teenagers, and shimmering bands of force surround them to protect them from harm.

Constance focuses, and suddenly there are two of her. One blurs to the other side of the catwalk behind the guards and then both reach out and rust and decay the metal of the catwalk between them.

The catwalk gives way with a horrifying screech, sending the captain and two of the Nexus guards scrambling to safety as it fell with a crash onto the crates and concrete below.

ROUND 2
Instructions
  • Everyone can go ahead and post. I will put them in order in the GM writeup.
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.




Tactical Combat Roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/4459404/RKP38w
Initiative
Hexx (+8 Toughness force field) - 40
Volo (shaken, Wish doesn’t work for 4 hours, +8 Toughness force field) - 37
Winger (-7 to actions for maintaining force fields, +8 Toughness force field) - 29
Captain - 22
Probe (-1 Fatigue, +8 Toughness force field) - 20
Chance (-1 Fatigue, +8 Toughness force field) - 18
Chance Duplicate
Highlander (+8 Toughness force field) - 17
Nexus - 13
Jason (war elephant -4 to hit, +2 Wounds, +8 Toughness force field) - need Vigor to avoid stun - 12
Watchmen - 1
***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7

Captain resist Taunt 9
Smarts 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
WM3 Spirit vs Hex 3
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Highlander Left fist Raise damage 23
1d6+13 = 19: 6
Ace 1d6+19 = 23: 4
Captain Shooting Hexx 0
+1 High Ground, -4 long range
Shooting 1d8+1 = 4: 3
Wild 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Nexus 3 Shooting Elephant 5
+1 high ground, +4 Size, -4 long distance
Shooting 1d8+1 = 5: 4
Nexus 4 Shooting Elephant 3
+1 high ground, +4 Size, -4 long distance
Shooting 1d8+1 = 3: 2
WM1 Shooting Highlander 5
Shooting 1d8 = 5: 5
WM3 Fighting Elephant 11; Raise; 8 damage; No Wounds
+1 gang up, +4 size, +2 touch attack
Fighting 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Damage 1d8 = 5: 5 + 1d4 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 1: 1
WM4 Fighting Elephant 12; Raise; 23 damage! 1 Wound
+1 gang up, +4 size, +2 touch attack
Fighting 1d6+5 = 10: 5
Damage 1d8 = 1: 1 + 1d4 = 4: 4 + 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d4 = 2: 2 + 1d6+11 = 17: 6
Ace 1d6+19 = 23: 4
NG3 Agility to avoid fall 5
Agility 1d6 = 5: 5
NG4 Agility to avoid fall 4
Agility 1d6 = 4: 4
Captain Agility to avoid fall 4
Agility 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
OOC Comments
10d54 = 220: 40, 12, 17, 22, 13, 20, 12, 37, 29, 18
Reroll 1d54 = 1: 1
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:59 am

OOC Comments
Hex-bolt (Negation/Vigor) at Robot by the wall.
Athletics/Throwing 1d10+2 = 12: 10 ACE 1d10+12 = 18: 6
Wild Throwing 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Failed roll, so no need to roll resistance.
Katt just sneers at the woman, and, deeming her to be a non-threat at this range, decides to see if she can affect the robot barring the big guy's way. As she runs straight towards the wall the door is set in, another black, warped bolt flies from her fingers, striking true, but again the robot just shrugs it off.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:01 am

There's another blonde chick ... there's two of them now ... woah

Well she sure isn't on the dicknazis' team.

Maximum effort ... eighth sheath forcefield on Chance Duplicate.

+8 Toughness Forcefield (+1 for each level of Force Control. Force Control level 8)
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Sam keeps his remote as a grappling hook, it is a fairly handy tool. He tries again to use it as a weapon, though admittedly his aim is not great. At least the opposition seems to be intent on live capture.
OOC Comments
Attack 1d4 = 1: 1, Wild Attack 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 4d6 = 15: 2, 5, 6, 2+Strength 1d6 = 5: 5
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Cailean almost cheers when he rips the head of the first bot but quickly realizes the second one is still there. Fighting is bit awkward, whether it is because of his new strength or because of his new size or maybe both, Cailean is unsure.

Not Shaken Yet, Vigor 11 _
[*] Vigor 1d10 = 9: 9
[*] Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Cailean's dad taught his how to wrestle and those MMA ring fights were helpful too. He decides to wrestle with bot and try and force it to fire on the guards on the catwalk.

Athletics _
[*] Athletics 1d6 = 2: 2
[*] Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
As a passing thought, looking up at the Guard Captain, he shouts, "Try not to put holes in the Captain's uniform. She's big enough I might just fit into them."

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:59 am

Constance looked from the wreckage of the catwalk up to her double, who grinned at her and winked.

Her gaze fell back to the assemblage of people on the ground, and she said, "Okay, so...I guess we freeze 'em now, right?"

"Works for me!" said the other one cheerfully.

Still encased in that glacially-slow, red-stained world, the two Constances frowned down from the catwalks as they concentrated.

To everyone else, the Constances were flickering crazily, dark blue phantoms that seemed to be constantly shifting from place to place without visibly crossing the spaces between. As they glared down, the air around the captain and three of the human guards started flex and warp...as if it had become a lens that was flexing in and out. The guards in those warped spots shifted red and started to slow down and freeze in place.

(Paralyze power. Each Constance can affect 2 people, so one affects the captain and a guard, the other affects 2 guards. Smarts roll at -2 to realize what's happening in time to get clear before the time warp traps them!)

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:42 am

Unshakes
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Volo clears his head getting off his feet and looks around. Dammit, his powers have failed him before, he knows it happens when he tries to hard. But of all the times to have them fade away from him this is the worst.

Special
Going on hold in case he needs or has an opportunity to dive for cover.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:33 pm

OOC Comments
Vigor: 1d12 = 11: 11
Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1

Vigor: 1d12 = 12: 12
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

Vigor: 1d12 = 9: 9
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2

Vigor for Regen(Healer +2): 1d12+2 = 5: 3
Wild: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Rolling Ace: 1d6+8 = 11: 3

Fighting: 1d8-4 = -3: 1
Wild: 1d6-4 = 2: 6 Rolling Ace: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Further Rolling Ace: 1d6+8 = 13: 5
Jason trumpets loudly with each hit resisting there affects. Hearing them mention the back door Jason charges forward trying to get to the back door and smash it and anything else along the way. Forgetting his inability to speak in his current form he trumpets even louder glancing back at the group as he expects them to follow him.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:13 am

Nexus Facility
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0314
Round 2

Katt ran toward the eastern wall and tossed another of her Hexx bolts. It hit, but these robots seemed difficult for her to effect.

Rob recovered his wits and considered his options now that his powers had wonked out.

Shanice extended another force field out to cover Constance’s double.

The security captain cursed at the fallen catwalk that had separated her team. She turned around, glaring at the other blonde girl behind her. “I guess you’ll do,” she said, aiming her stun gun at Constance’s double and firing.
Chance Duplicate
Make a Vigor roll or be stunned. Failure means she’s Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, she makes a Vigor roll to revive. Success means she revives but is Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means she revives instantly and is not Shaken.
Sam tried hitting one of the soldiers with his grappling hook again, but the distance was too far.
Contingent on Constance dupe passing her vigor roll
The Constance twins wove their temporal magic and the captain and three of her guards grunted as they were caught in the timestop. (If ConDupe fails and goes Incapacitated, then Captain and Guard 2 are still free)
Cailean charged up on the robot in the way and made a grab for it, but the Watchman proved too nimble and slipped out of his grasp.

Seeing his compatriots frozen by some mutant mojo, the one free Nexus guard raised his stun gun to fire at the source, sending a jolt of energy at the Constance duplicate.
Chance Duplicate
Make a Vigor roll or be stunned. Failure means she’s Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, she makes a Vigor roll to revive. Success means she revives but is Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means she revives instantly and is not Shaken.
Jason in his elephant form drove his tusks into one of the Watchmen, goring it and shaking it into scrap.

The Watchmen moved mechanically, attacking the elephant and Cailean, both managing to land a blow. They didn’t hit hard enough to damage either strong mutant, but the energy of their stunning fists raced along their nerves.
Jason and Cailean
Make a Vigor roll or be stunned. Failure means she’s Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, she makes a Vigor roll to revive. Success means she revives but is Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means she revives instantly and is not Shaken.
ROUND 3
Instructions
  • Everyone can go ahead and post. I will put them in order in the GM writeup.
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • Enemies
    • Captain (WC): Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)
    • Guards: Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)
    • Watchmen: Parry 5; Toughness 10

[/list]


Tactical Combat Roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/4459404/RKP38w
Initiative
Captain (Paralyzed) - Joker (+2 to Trait and Damage rolls)
Jason (war elephant -4 to hit, +2 Wounds, +8 Toughness force field) - KS
Watchmen - 10H
Nexus - 10C
  • 1
  • 2 (Paralyzed)
  • 3 (Paralyzed)
  • 4 (Paralyzed)
Probe (-1 Fatigue, +8 Toughness force field) - 9C
Highlander (+8 Toughness force field) - 8D
Hexx (+8 Toughness force field) - 7H
Winger (-8 to actions for maintaining force fields, +8 Toughness force field) - 6C
Volo (Wish doesn’t work for 4 hours, +8 Toughness force field) - 4C
Chance (-1 Fatigue, +8 Toughness force field) - 2H
Chance Duplicate (+8 Toughness force field)
***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
Captain: 3/2
Captain vs Chance Duplicate 5
Shooting 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d8 = 5: 5
Guard 2 vs Timestop 3
Smarts 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Guard 3 vs Timestop 3
Smarts 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Guard 4 vs Timestop 3
Smarts 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
WM1 vs Highlander Grapple 10
Athletics 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Nexus 1 vs Chance 4
Shooting 1d8 = 4: 4
Elephant damage 22
Jason forgot to roll damage for his attack, so here it is.
1d12+8 = 15: 7 + 1d10 = 6: 6 + Raise 1d6 = 1: 1
WM vs Elephant 7; Damage 12
+4 Size, +2 Touch attack
Fighting 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Damage 1d8 = 6: 6 + 1d4 = 4: 4
Ace 1d4+10 = 12: 2
WM vs Cailean 5; Damage 3
+2 Touch Attack
Fighting 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 1d8 = 1: 1 + 1d4 = 3: 3
Captain vs Timestop 10; Raise, can act normally
-2 Strong, +2 Joker
Smarts 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:08 am

Sam is disappointed that his tactics are failing, this is more difficult than it looks in movies and anime.

He morphs his remote into katana shape and heads down the stairs, stating, "The enemy does not want us getting outside, so it seems like a good idea for us to go there."

He will head towards the robot fighting Cailean, as he is blocking the route to the entrance.
OOC Comments
If he gets in range for an attack:
Melee 1d4-1 = 3: 4, Wild Melee 1d6-1 = 0: 1, Melee Ace 1d4 = 1: 1
Damage 4d6 = 8: 1, 3, 1, 3+Strength 1d6-1 = 4: 5
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Both Chance and the Other Chance saw the weapons moving in slow motion, coming to bear on the 'duplicate.'

"Hup." She stepped to the side, just before the weapons fired, striking the spot she'd just been. "So, be careful with guns right?" the Future Girl said casually to Constance. "It's easy to dodge the barrels, but the actual bullets...or whatever these guys are shooting...they still move really fast, even for us. You hafta pay attention to stay ahead of them." She tapped her temple.

Constance shook her head grimly. "Great."

"Yeah, you get some of those robots. I'll try to get the people under control. All you have to do is get out. Remember that."

Still in that accelerated timeframe, Future Girl attempted to engulf the Captain and free Nexus guard in distorted spacetime, trapping them outside of time.

Meanwhile Constance turned her attention to the robots. The distortion she created around them was far greater than the ones for the people. Years instead of minutes streaked past them in just moments. How long before their energy ran out? Before their mechanisms rusted or failed from the months without servicing?

(OOC - With super speed, the Chances are at -4 to be hit, which results in misses all around, I believe. Future Girl uses Paralyze again, Chance is using Decay on two robots, Vigor roll at -2 or suffer a Wound)
Last edited by Chance on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Looking around Rob, he definitely was not Volo now, sees a crow bar sitting on a bench with other tools. "Okay, we can work with that." He mumbles as he makes his way towards the crow bar hoping not to be noticed. Once he has the weapon he begins making his way towards the doors.

Trying real hard to wish this thing was samurai armor and a sword. But it was no good as his powers have failed him so completely he even uses the old way from when he first learned of his power. "I wish I had a sword." But when nothing happened he finished. "Oh, boy, this is no time for my powers to fail."

Move 10"
Free action for grabbing something off the ground and running for movement.
1d6+6 = 10: 4
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Shaken _
[*] Vigor 1d10 = 3: 3
[*] Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Cailean looks a bit taken back by the stun. Feeling the jolt go through his body. Before he goes down, "Beware the Stun."

Tech Touch _

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 pm

OOC Comments
FF Fight 1d12 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
This isn't looking like a winning game. The goal is to get out that door? Fine. Door.

Drop all forcefields.

5' diameter battering ram right at the center of the double doors.

Damage 1d12+6 = 10: 4 Heavy
Last edited by Winger on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:42 am

OOC Comments
Athletics 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild Athletics 1d6 = 4: 4
Since climbing costs two inches for every one moved, I think she can get up onto the yellow crate diagonal to her, then to the red crates diagonal to that one, by the end of the turn.
Katt, unnerved that her spell is worthless here, and unable to think of anything more productive, snarls and dashes towards the boxes that form the biggest obstacle, attempting to simply clamber over them rather than waiting for the big guy to finish dancing with the bot in the way.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 pm

OOC Comments
Vigor: 1d12 = 7: 7
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

Fighting: 1d8-4 = 2: 6
Wild: 1d6-4 = 1: 5
Trumpeting again Jason resists the effects of the weapons. Turning to the nearest one he attempts to gore one again after seeing how effective it was the previous time. Missing he moves toward the back door bowling through the crates to clear a path for his new found friends.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:34 am

Nexus Facility
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0314
Round 3

The Nexus captain grunted with the strain as she broke out of the Chance duplicat’s time lock. She glared at the girl.

Jason as an elephant swiped at a Watchman robot, missed, and then charged through the stacks of crates, sending them scattering and opening a semi-path to the door.

The remaining two robots moved up. One fired at Katt and the other threw another electrical punch at Caelian.
Caelian and Katt
Caelian, you take 14 damage and can Soak. You also need to make Vigor roll or fall prone and Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, he makes a Vigor roll to revive. Success means he revives but is Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means he revives instantly and is not Shaken.

Katt, you need to make Vigor roll or fall prone and Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, he makes a Vigor roll to revive. Success means he revives but is Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means he revives instantly and is not Shaken.
The three Nexus guards that the Chances had time locked struggled against the slowing of time in vain. The fourth guard, noting the elephant crashing through the crates, turned his stun weapon on the beast.
Jason
Jason, you need to make Vigor roll or fall prone and Incapacitated. At the start of each subsequent action, he makes a Vigor roll to revive. Success means he revives but is Shaken for the round and can recover on the next as usual. A raise means he revives instantly and is not Shaken.
Jason rushed down the stairs, now with a new katana in his hand, intent on helping Caelian clear the way, nearly running into the Watchman at the bottom of the stairs.

Caelian had shaken off the initial hit from before, and yelled to warn the others, but was now faced with another damaging, stunning attack.
Katt
Katt needs to make her Vigor roll before she can move. She won’t need to climb crates, as she could just slot in behind/move through the elephant now (difficult ground). So you will get 2 moves on your next post to account for this.
Shanice attempted to lift the other teens in their force fields to throw them through the door to freedom.
Shanice
In order to do what you described, you’re going to need a lot of rolls at huge penalties. To move everyone in a force field, you need 8 Fighting rolls at -23 (-8 for maintaining force fields, -16 for multi action penalties). And you need a Raise on the Fighting roll to move the elephant (According to Wikipedia, a big elephant like that weighs 6 tons, just above your 5 ton Strength limit).

If you prefer, pick one person to move and use. Roll a Fighting roll at -8 (maintaining 8 force fields). If you hit, you still need to roll your d12+7 damage. You need a 10 to break through the door. This will also be how much damage the person inside the force field takes. Burrowing doesn’t come into play here because you don’t have the modifier that allows you to burrow through metal (it’s a heavy-duty metal garage door).
Future Constance tried her time stop again. She managed to lock out the remaining Nexus guard, but the captain seemed to resist her efforts this time. “Not again, freak.”

Constance herself had a bit more luck. The remaining Watchman robots ground to a halt as their power cells died. It didn’t even take that long.

PAUSE HERE TO ALLOW RESOLUTION OF KATT’S AND SHANICE’S ACTIONS AND THEN WE WILL CONTINUE TO ROUND 4.
Instructions
  • Everyone can go ahead and post. I will put them in order in the GM writeup.
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • Enemies
    • Captain (WC): Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)
    • Guards: Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)
    • Watchmen: Parry 5; Toughness 10

[/list]


Tactical Combat Roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/4459404/RKP38w
Initiative
Captain (Paralyzed) -
Jason (war elephant -4 to hit, +2 Wounds, +8 Toughness force field) -
Nexus -
  • 1 (Paralyzed)
  • 2 (Paralyzed)
  • 3 (Paralyzed)
  • 4 (Paralyzed)
Probe (-1 Fatigue, +8 Toughness force field) -
Highlander (+8 Toughness force field) -
Hexx (+8 Toughness force field) -
Winger (-8 to actions for maintaining force fields, +8 Toughness force field) -
Volo (Wish doesn’t work for 4 hours, +8 Toughness force field) -
Chance (-1 Fatigue, +8 Toughness force field) -
Chance Duplicate (+8 Toughness force field)
***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
Captain: 3/2

Captain to escape Paralysis 4; Breaks free, but can't act
-2 Strong, +2 Joker
Smarts 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
WM1 vs Caelian 15 Raise; Damage 14
+2 Touch
Fighting 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+12 = 13: 1
Damage 1d8 = 3: 3 + 1d4 = 4: 4 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Ace 1d4+11 = 14: 3
WM3 vs Katt 9 Raise
Shooting 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 9: 1
Nexus trying to escape Paralysis 1, 1, 2
-2 Strong
Nexus 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Nexus 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Nexus 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Nexus shooting Jason 9 Raise
+4 Size
Shooting 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Captain to resist timestop 5
-2 Strong, +2 Joker
Smarts 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Nexus to resist timestop 1
-2 Strong
Smarts 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Watchmen resist Decay 1, 1
Vigor 1d8-2 = 1: 3
Vigor 1d8-2 = 1: 3
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 am

OOC Comments
Vigor 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild Vigor 1d6 = 3: 3
Ouch

Incapacitated on round 3

Round 4, try to recover:
Vigor 1d6 = 6: 6 ACE 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Wild Vigor 1d6 = 2: 2
Raise--awake and can act.

Run 1d6 = 3: 3 Total movement this round, 9"

Standign will take 2" of movement; after that, she starts moving directly forward, hugging the wall.
Katt was starting to run towards the crates, when one of the shots hit her; she falls over like a poleaxed steer, wordlessly. After a moment, though, she snaps out of it, jumping up, and seeing that the way lies open, stumbles forward.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:50 pm

OOC Comments
Round 4 Dice:
Fight Force Field 1d12 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
(bump post round 4)
Last edited by Winger on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:22 am

Nexus Facility
Monday, 11 November, 2019/0314
Round 4

Katt rushed the doors and finds she needs a key card to access the controls to open them.

Shanice drops her protection of her fellow teens in order to trap the captain of the guards inside one of her force fields.

ROUND 4. EVERYONE CAN POST.
Instructions
  • The lock is a -2 difficulty to pick or hack. Add an additional -2 if you don’t have the proper tools. Strength-2 to simply forcefully lift it. But someone of you might have a key card? Take a benny if you decide your character DOESN’T have the card.
  • Everyone can go ahead and post. I will put them in order in the GM writeup.
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) at the cost of not participating in a challenge this round.
  • Enemies
    • Captain (WC): Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)
    • Guards: Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)
    • Watchmen: Parry 5; Toughness 10

[/list]


Tactical Combat Roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/4459404/RKP38w
Initiative
Hexx - QC
Nexus - 10H
  • 1 (Paralyzed)
  • 2 (Paralyzed)
  • 3 (Paralyzed)
  • 4 (Paralyzed)
Chance (-1 Fatigue) - 10D
Chance Duplicate
Winger (-1 to actions for maintaining force fields) - 8D
Jason (war elephant -4 to hit, +2 Wounds) - 7S
Captain (force bound, lifted) - 6C
Volo (Wish doesn’t work for 4 hours) - 4H
Probe (-1 Fatigue) - 3D
Highlander - 2S
***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
Captain: 3/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:15 pm

OOC Comments
Round 4 Dice: the 52467:0 and 52467:1 from 4/21/19
Fight Force Field Original post: 1d12 = 8: 8
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4
Shanice watches the Captain shrug off more stuff and keep moving.

She tries to guess it right and force control a bubble right around the Captain.

Specifically, a madly spinning and flipping one.

Shanice starts heading to the hole in the door.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Rob heads for the door, showing for a brief moment to ensure their is no danger out there before running out. Once it is clear he continues his run, getting away from the building as fast as possible.

Running 12", Notice 6 after -2 penalty
Running 1d6+6 = 12: 6

Notice d6, Running -2
Notice 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:27 pm

Cialean looks to the trapped captain and the paralyzed guards. Then he looks at himself and realizes that they are all smaller size than he is. Damn.If I am going to get a break, I am going to have to make one.

Cialean cringes as if expecting to hear his dad rebuke him for swearing, but nothing comes.

Seeing others moving for the doors, Cialean decides that he best be last and bring some crates to block the doorway. Looking over at @Jason Konig he motions moving crates near the doorway. Figure between beast boy and himself they should have enough crates to close off the door on this end fr a while.

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Wed May 01, 2019 5:03 pm

"Better hurry," Future Girl said with a smirk. Constance looked over at her, and she tossed her head to indicate the door, which was now open.

Everyone was sprinting madly towards it. Verrrrry slowly.

Constance shook her head. "Very funny."

The other 'her' shrugged that off and said, "Start keeping a journal or a notepad or...you know, some kind of record."

"Record of what?"

"All the times you need to go back in time to help yourself. It's the easiest way to get it right, believe me. Just write down, really quick, where and when to go and maybe...if you're feeling generous...quick idea of what's going on. Because you will forget a lot of this stuff before..." Future Girl paused, then shook her head, exactly as Constance had before. "...just saying, counting on your memory for when you need backup isn't the best idea. Whatever you write it on, make sure it's something that'll last a while, and you won't lose."

Constance frowned. "Don't you KNOW what I'll use?"

"Not really. Little things can change. History is...a pattern, kinda. The big things are unstoppable, but little things jump around a bit. You'll see."


And just like that, Future Girl was gone.

With a sigh Constance headed over the catwalk...what remained of it, and slid down the ladder while the battle...what remained of it...raged on around her. The captain's eyes didn't track her as she went past. Maybe Constance was moving too fast for her to see? Subjectively? The big guy was getting crates or something and looking at the doorway. Maybe he was going to block it or something. That must have been what she meant.

In that dim, red, silent shadow of the world, Constance moved past Cialean and through the doorway, then finally released her grip on time.

The others in the hall beyond saw Constance appear beside them in a flash of blue light.

"So...making our getaway eh? Oh shit, one sec."

She leaned back in the doorway and started snapping pictures as fast as she could, then ducked back as crates started coming her way.

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Fri May 03, 2019 10:06 am

Samuel never had a real key card, just a remote he used to try to fool the system. Not sure if anyone else has a key card. Fortunately as long as his probes can fit the bill he ALWAYS has the tools for the job. Samuel heads to the door, morphing his Katana down to a shorter sword and turning his second remote into a set of tools to open the door. Hopefully the others can keep the bad guys busy while he gets the door open if he can.
OOC Comments
Thievery 1d4-1 = 3: 4 Wild Thievery 1d6-1 = 3: 4 Thievery Ace 1d4 = 2: 2 Thievery Total 5 (if I have it figured right)
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Sun May 05, 2019 8:33 pm

OOC Comments
Vigor: 1d12 = 11: 11
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

Moving crates.
Strength: 1d12+8 = 19: 11
Wild: 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Jason does what he can in elephant form and flings crates aside and makes his way towards the door clearing a path.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed May 08, 2019 3:01 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0315
Weather: Temperature normal for season (cold); no wind; no snow
Location: Nexus Facility grounds/Lightly wooded (unknown location)
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Dim -2 (Nearly full moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
  • Unstable Platform: -2 for running
  • Cover: Light -2 (Ranged)
Round 1

With the door smashed open, the teenage mutants quickly dart outside into the cold, moonlit night. The sky is clear, and they find themselves in a shallow concrete loading dock, leading to a gravel road and a lightly wooded tree line. Behind them they can hear the rush of reinforcements arriving and the captain yelling at them to get after the freaks. It isn’t advisable to stay standing here, and so a mad dash for freedom begins.
Probe
You have a Complication. Describe what it is and make an Athletics roll at -2. If you fail, you are bumped back 1 card.
Instructions
  • This is a Chase. We will be using the SWADE chase rules, so brush up on those. I have created a spreadsheet to track positioning. Players go first
  • Remember the illumination, unstable platform, and cover modifiers above.
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) as an Action.
  • Enemies
    • Guards: Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)



Chase Spreadsheet
Initiative
Chance (-1 Fatigue) AH
Volo (Wish doesn’t work for 4 hours) JS
Probe (-1 Fatigue) 9C - Complication: -2; Fail: Bumped back
Jason (war elephant -4 to hit, +2 Wounds) 6D
Hexx 5D
Highlander 4H
Winger 2H

Nexus 7 JC - Complication: +2; Fail: Bumped back up to 2 cards
Nexus 6 10H
Nexus 2 7D
Nexus 5 6H
Nexus 3 4C - Complication: +2; Fail: Bumped back up to 2 cards
Nexus 4 3H
Nexus 1 3D
***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
Captain: 3/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Seeing them chasing after them Rob looks at the girl who helped earlier. "Any chance you could do another one of those cool bubbles? You would be today's hero if you did."

He then keeps running until grabbed up by a bubble.
OOC Comments
RAISE: Advance two cards, to Card 4.

Evade (as a Free Action); opponents get a -2 to hit


Athletics 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Benny to reroll
Athletics 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Wed May 08, 2019 3:50 pm

OOC Comments
Change Position (as an Action) 1d4+2 = 6: 4 ACE 1d4+6 = 8: 2
Wild Athletics 1d6+2 = 4: 2
RAISE: Advance two cards, to Card 4.

Evade (as a Free Action); opponents get a -2 to hit
Run, run, fast as a cat, can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread rat.

Katt, seeing the door open, and definitely not wanting to get another taste of Electric Love, opts to high-tail it out onto the dock, using her knowledge of alleyway hijinks to zip around vehicles, crates and any other obstructions on or around the loading docks, making her way towards the tree-line; at one point, she just slides on the gravel under a truck with an efficiency that would make a pro baseball player proud, putting some distance and a bit of cover between her and the pursuers at the same time, while her sturdy Army Surplus clothing takes the brunt of the scrapes. It's amazing what a little adrenaline can do for someone who isn't used to this sort of thing.

If she feels any twinges of conscience about the possibility of leaving others behind, she squashes them down hard, figuring they'd do the same in the reverse situation. It's not like we're friends, or anything.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Wed May 08, 2019 9:25 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6-2 = 3: 5 (-3 for 3x force=fields, fail)
Wild Dice 1d6 = 2: 2
Winger brings up the rear. She's about to sprint ahead when she hears the cute boy call for a bubble.

Bubble it is, for herself and Highlander as rear guard, and Volo as ... forward guard ... something.

Then she's in the air to weave between the tree tops and look for destinations. (EVADE free action)
OOC Comments
Benny Reroll: Notice (-2dim -3ff) 1d6-5 = -4: 1
Wild Dice 1d6 = 5: 5
OOC Comments
Athletics 1d6-3 = -1: 2
Wild Athletics 1d6 = 4: 4
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Thu May 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Samuel morphs his remotes back into his body, he does not think any of the shapes he knows to turn them into will be helpful just now. Doing so while running is distracting though, and he winds up running directly into a thicker bush...which will make tracking his movements easier and slow him down unless he can extricate himself.
OOC Comments
Athletics 1d4-3 = 1: 4, Wild Athletics 1d6-3 = -1: 2 Athletics Ace 1d4 = 3: 3 Athletics Total = 4 Success
Remarkably, he manages to get himself disentangles without being slowed down too much.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Sat May 11, 2019 4:54 pm

It seems like a weird time for it, but Chance realizes that she'll actually need to run now, and the pain in her side and leg convinces her to finally crack that first aid kit open and give her injury a little TLC. Normally that would cost her precious seconds, but with the world slowed to a crawl around her, there's time enough. And the last thing she wants is to wear herself out, or stumble. Slowing time wouldn't be very useful if she broke her leg or something. It'd only delay the inevitable.

Then she was off. Running through a dim red world, under a dim red sun...she did have the presence of mind to look behind her though, conscious of how fast she might accidentally leave the others behind if she wasn't careful...

Rolls for the weak of mind
Healing 1d4-1 = 1: 2 or 1d6-1 = 3: 4
Benny: 1d4-1 = 3: 4 or 1d6-1 = 0: 1
GD Benny :( : 1d4-1 = 2: 3 or 1d6-1 = 0: 1
And last MFing Benny: 1d4-1 = 2: 3 or 1d6-1 = 4: 5
Probably not worth it, but there we go.

Athletics 1d4+2 = 3: 1 or 1d6+2 = 4: 2
(I'm assuming Chance, at a Super Speed of 240mph, is significantly faster than our foes; enough to get the +2 bonus. Let me know if I'm mistaken.)

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu May 16, 2019 2:46 am

Nexus Athletics
As Action +2
Nexus 1 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Nexus 2 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Nexus 3 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Nexus 4 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Nexus 5 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Nexus 6 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Nexus 7 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Nexus attacks
N1 vs Hexx Shooting 1d8-8 = -7: 1
N2 vs Chance Shooting 1d8-6 = -1: 5
N3 vs Winger Shooting 1d8-8 = -6: 2
N4 vs Jason Fighting 1d6-6 = -2: 4
N5 vs Volo Shooting 1d8-8 = -7: 1
N6 vs Probe Shooting 1d8-6 = -3: 3
N7 vs Highlander Shooting 1d8-6 = 2: 8
Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0315
Weather: Temperature normal for season (cold); no wind; no snow
Location: Nexus Facility grounds/Lightly wooded (unknown location)
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Dim -2 (Nearly full moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
  • Unstable Platform: -2 for running
Round 2
OOC Comments
So we didn’t get any rolls from Jason or Highlander. We’ll continue with Round 2 and leave them at the back.
The teens started running, or, in some cases, flying. Shanice through force fields around herself, Rob, and Cailean, though Rob is quick and might soon outpace her powers as he and Katt rush ahead through the woods.

The Nexus guards aren’t far behind them. One caught up to Jason, swinging at him with his stun baton, while the others shot at the fleeing teens, though no one was successfully hit.
ROUND 2
Players won initiative. Winger has a Complication and needs to roll Athletics to overcome. On a fail, you are bumped back 1 card. Describe your complication.
Instructions
  • This is a Chase. We will be using the SWADE chase rules, so brush up on those. I have created a spreadsheet to track positioning. Players go first
  • Remember the illumination, unstable platform, and cover modifiers above.
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) as an Action.
  • Enemies
    • Guards: Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)

[/list]


Chase Spreadsheet
Initiative
Chance 10H
Hexx 10D
Highlander (force field) QD
Jason (war elephant -4 to hit, +2 Wounds) JOKER
Probe (-1 Fatigue) 8D
Volo (Wish doesn’t work for 4 hours, force field) 2S
Winger (-3 force fields, force field) QC - Complication: Straight Athletics roll. Fail: Bumped 1 card back. Describe your complication.
Nexus 1 AD
Nexus 2 JH
Nexus 3 9D
Nexus 4 10S
Nexus 5 4S
Nexus 6 JD
Nexus 7 3S
***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
Captain: 3/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 am

OOC Comments
Complication 1d6 = 1: 1
Unmistakable tree crunch. She's a master at keeping track of two cross field teammates in a pinch ... but the pinch usually doesn't include an unlit field with trees in the way.

Whatever Volo felt for an instant of a bubble feels more like open air again (bubble gone), but Cailean still feels the twilight sparkle power of friendship.

She extricates and launches again and drops a barrier just behind Cailean (or whoever's last), a nice big force control essentially invisible wall 9' tall and as wide as she can make it. Time to move. Flies up over the treeline and heads just to the side parallel to the road trying to play the rabbit.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheetish
Shanice "Winger" Walker
14yo, rectangle-athletic

Agility:d6 Smarts:d6 Spirit:d6 Strength:d6 Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6) Parry:6 Toughness:5(13w/FF) Size:0

d4: CommonKnowledge(Sm) Electronics(Sm) Healing(Sm) Intimidate(Sp) Performance(Sp) Persuasion(Sp) Research(Sm) Science(Sm) Stealth(Ag) Survival(Sm) Taunt(Sm)

d6: Athletics(Ag) Fight(Ag) Notice(Sm)

d12: ForceControlFight(Ag)

Hinderences: Habit(Major/SKarma)Caffeine Ruthless(Minor) Loyal(Minor) DeathWish(Minor) DistinctiveAppearance(Minor)

Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

Powers: ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy Flight(5)48"/120mph SuperSkill(3)Fighting Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield) Parry(1) Deflection(1)
v2
Agility:d6
d4: Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Fri May 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Change Position Success, Free Evasion
Second Verse, same as the first
Change Position as an action 1d4+2 = 4: 2
Wild Athletics 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Success, Move to Card 5.

Evasion as a Free Action: -2 to attacks against her
Now in the forest, Katt just keeps moving, combat boots thumping heavily as she zigs and zags through the small trees, sparing only momentary glances back to see if the goons are still on her. Certainly not to check on the others. She doesn't owe them anything, after all.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Sat May 18, 2019 8:08 am

Samuel can not do much but keep running just now, he will try to keep his eyes open though, there may be things that will give someone small an advantage...such as narrow trails. If he spots something he may use it, or point it out to someone else.
OOC Comments
Athletics 1d4-1 = 0: 1, Wild Athletics 1d6-1 = 5: 6 WA Ace 1d6 = 3: 3 Athletics=8, 1 raise
Notice 1d8-1 = 1: 2, Wild Notice 1d6-1 = 1: 2 Notice =1, failure
He fails to notice much as he concentrates on running and moves pretty well.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Sun May 19, 2019 10:34 am

Cailean is struggling a bit with his new size and is almost glad that the guards caught up to him. He sees that Jason is struggling and decides to run upfield towards the Nexus guards and Jason.

Athletics _
[*] Athletics 1d6 = 1: 1
[*] Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Fighting Nexus 5 _
MAP -2 (Athletics & Fighting)
First Strike
Two Fisted
Ambidextrous
Attack/Melee-Lethal
  • Right
  • Fighting 1d6 = 5: 5
  • Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
  • Left
  • Fighting 1d6 = 3: 3
  • Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage _
  • Right Damage
  • Strength 1d6 = 5: 5
  • Unarmed 1d4 = 4: 4
  • Attack/Melee 1d6 = 1: 1
  • Left Damage
  • Strength 1d6 = 2: 2
  • Unarmed 1d4 = 2: 2
  • Attack/Melee 1d6 = 2: 2
[*] Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Aced! Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Mon May 20, 2019 7:34 pm

Seeing the open air Jason stands almost dumbfounded as he smells the air as he prefers it much more than that of the stuffy indoor complex. Someone swings at him and instinctively he dodges to the side. Waking from his dreams and spells he turns himself into an eagle and speeds off trying to get ahead of his friends and leave his pursuers in the dust.
OOC Comments
Athletics: 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild: 1d6+2 = 3: 1

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 pm

Rob was hating this. He never hurt anyone and did not even use his powers to cheat people. Why would these crazy people be after him of all people. Doing his best he continues running, ducking behind what he can and trying to keep as much as possible between him and the facility staff.

When the giant drops back Rob thinks to stop and help him, but then he thinks better of it. The best way to help would be to get a lawyer and come back with someone who has the kind of power that matters.

Moves 2 cards, Evade -2 to attacks

Evade (as a Free Action); opponents get a -2 to hit[/u][/b]
Position Change as an action +2 = Raise moves two cards away

Athletics 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Benny reroll
Athletics 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Tue May 21, 2019 11:38 pm

A look back showed that the others were fleeing too, and successfully by the look of it.

Chance continued to race ahead then. From her perspective it wasn't much more than a brisk run or a fast jog...but to an outside frame of reference she was moving fast enough that the eye had trouble tracking her...


(Using both actions to change position, therefore 2 change positions)
Rolls
Athletics: 1d4+4 = 6: 2 or 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Athletics: 1d4+4 = 8: 4 or 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Last edited by Chance on Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0315
Weather: Temperature normal for season (cold); no wind; no snow
Location: Nexus Facility grounds/Lightly wooded (unknown location)
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Dim -2 (Nearly full moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
  • Unstable Platform: -2 for running
Round 3

The Nexus guard chasing Katt cursed as his stun gun literally fell apart in his hands. It threw off his stride and he slowed.

Winger put up a wall behind them, which two of the guards ran into, slowing them down as they searched for a way around the wall.
Winger
I treated the wall as a complication for them, giving them -2
Caelian rushed over and clocked one of the guards, sending him flying into a tree, not to get up anytime soon, and then went off running.

As Jason ran, the guard that had caught up to him took another swipe at him, but he missed as Jason turned into a bird and flew off.

The others continued running through the trees as the guards rushed after them. None of the guards managed to shoot or connect with any of the teens as they raced through the woods.
Round 3
Nexus won initiative.
  • Winger is in melee with a guard, so if she continues to run he will get a free attack.
  • Chance has a Complication. In addition to her normal maneuvers, she needs to make an Athletics check, no penalty, to overcome the complication. On a failure, it is treated as a Critical Failure on her maneuvering check. Describe your complication.
    • Critical failure: Walking/Running: Roll a die. Even, he loses the rest of his turn as he stumbles, negotiates an obstacle, or takes a wrong turn. Odd, he suffers Fatigue.
  • Probe has a Complication. In addition to her normal maneuvers, she needs to make an Athletics check, no penalty, to overcome the complication. On a failure, he is Bumped back 1 card. Describe your complication.


Instructions
  • This is a Chase. We will be using the SWADE chase rules, so brush up on those. I have created a spreadsheet to track positioning. Players go first
  • Remember the illumination, unstable platform, and cover modifiers above.
  • Remember your Bumps and Bruises Fatigue! You may choose to stop to make a Healing roll (+1 with First Aid kit, 3 uses) as an Action.
  • Enemies
    • Guards: Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4)

[/list]


Chase Spreadsheet
Initiative
Chance (speed bonus) 7C
Hexx AH
Highlander (force field) 5S
Jason (bird, speed bonus) 6H
Probe (-1 Fatigue) 5C
Volo (Wish doesn’t work for 4 hours) 9D
Winger (-2 force fields, force field) 5S
Nexus 1 (Stun gun broken) 5D
Nexus 2 KC - Complication
Nexus 3 8S
Nexus 4 10H
Nexus 6 10D
Nexus 7 9C - Complication
***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7

Free attack on Jason
Fighting 1d6 = 2: 2
Nexus Move as Action
-2 MAP
Athletics 1d6 = 2: 2
Athletics 1d6 = 1: 1
Athletics 1d6 = 4: 4
Athletics 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Athletics 1d6 = 4: 4
Athletics 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting, MAP, no other penalties yet
Shooting 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Shooting 1d8-2 = 5: 7
Shooting 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Shooting 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Fighting vs Winger
-2 MAP
Fighting 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Nexus Complications
Athletics 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Athletics 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Nexus Move as an Action
-2 MAP
Athletics 1d6 = 2: 2
Athletics 1d6 = 3: 3
Athletics 1d6 = 5: 5
Athletics 1d6 = 3: 3
Athletics 1d6 = 5: 5
Nexus shooting, MAP, dim light, no other penalties yet
Shooting 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Shooting 1d8-4 = 2: 6
Shooting 1d8-4 = 0: 4
Shooting 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Nexus vs Winger
-2 MAP, -2 Dim, -2 Unstable Platform
Fighting 1d6-6 = 0: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Wed May 22, 2019 6:30 am

Moves 2 cards, Evade -2 to attacks

Evade (as a Free Action); opponents get a -2 to hit[/u][/b]
Position Change as an action +2 = Raise moves two cards away

Athletics 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Spend Last benny to make that a raise
Athletics 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Rob looks back, feeling bad for the kids left behind. But to scared to stop and go help them. He only hopes that his lawyer can get things shut down here quicker than the scientist can do lasting harm to the other kids. The guilt of running when others are falling, was starting to weigh on him as he justified its necessity in his mind.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Wed May 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Evade -2, Taunt Nexus4 11, Change Position Success
Evade (Free) -2

Taunt Nexus 4 1d12+4 = 13: 9
Wild Taunt 1d6+4 = 7: 3
ERROR: I was working off an not-latest-update version of SWADE--current version grants a reroll, not a +2 for Humilate, so total is actually 11, not 13.
Resist w/ Smarts:
11+ = No Effect
8-10 = Distracted (-2 to next action)
7 or less = Shaken.

Change Position (Free)
Athletics 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild Athletics 1d6 = 5: 5
Change Position 1 Card (Card 6)

As one of the Goon Squad gets a little too close for comfort, Katt shouts at him, "Hey, Needledick! Did you tell your parents that you chase and beat up unarmed kids for a living, or did you lie and tell them something more respectable, like you're a street hustler in Boystown?"

Without waiting to see if her barb cut home this time, she continued running forward, ducking around trees and jumping over logs.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”