1.1 The Next Generation

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Jason turns himself back into his normal form as he exits the van standing near Hexx. "Well you see I miss Kibbles. She is a good dog and I need to find out what happened to her before I decide anything. I honestly hate being without her." He nods at Hexe's assessment in agreement and points at Hexx while doing so as if to say that's what she said although he refrains from making the actual comment. Hearing Hexes stomach growl he also thinks to himself that food is a great idea to.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Cailean finally moves himself out of the van. Having heard the conversations thus far, he decides to fire off a few questions of his own.

"Doc, did you know about us before we got kidnapped?"

"If so, why didn't you step in before? I could have really used a more gradual change to this."

About the time he finishes, he notices that the security dude, is about his current size.

"Don't suppose your valet there brought any extra clothes." Cailean points one big mansized finger at Mr. Black.

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 am

"The old man has a good point. Did you know abut this before hand, could you have prevented it?" Pointing to the old man he says. "He lost his Pa in this, could he have been saved?"
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:46 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0322
Weather: Temperature normal for season (cold); no wind; no snow
Location: Nexus Facility grounds/Lightly wooded (unknown location)
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Dim -2 (Nearly full moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
  • Unstable Platform: -2 for van
Round 0

"And a private boarding school is going to protect us from a government conspiracy how, exactly? I mean, what's to stop them from sending in the goon squad again? They've got numbers and gear--I don't care how good GI Joe there is at shooting his load, if the Spooks want us, Gramps, I doubt he'd be more than a speed-bump," Kat said.

“Is that so, Miss Wilhelm?” The voice spoke in a Midwestern accent from right behind Kat. Before her eyes, Caleb black had taken a single step out of the light and into the shadows...and disappeared. Now he was directly behind her, easily within striking distance of any of the teenagers ostensibly protected by Shanice’s force wall. “And we don’t like to be called spooks,”he said mildly. “I know how the operate. I used to do government work. We have ways to protect you.”

"Training huh, Well what about our families? Are yougoing to be able to get my mom and make sure she is safe or is she out there waiting for a brain washed thug to kill her? If you can protect my mom, I will accept what you are offering. If not, I need to get out of here and find her fast."

“Your parents don’t interest NEXUS, Mr. Marks,” Dr. Helios said. “But we can move her, if that is an issue. Those details can be worked out.”

Psyche ran into Shanice’s force wall and swore. “I’m not an Uber, kid,” she said. “I did what I was paid to do, which was to get you out and here.”

Dr. Helios gave a brittle smile. “Nice to know you are still as mercenary as ever, Chase.”

“Whatever. Jenny has a hot date tomorrow night, and I’d really like to not miss it,” Chase said.

Sam said, "Greetings Dr. Helios. As I see it, we have two bad choices here. First, we can go back to where we just escaped from...because going home probably amounts to the same thing. That would mean trusting someone who kidnapped us, whether or not we believe the story of the brainwashing device. The second choice is trusting you: and that means trusting you to keep the government, or whatever branch of it sanctions the group that kidnapped us, from kidnapping us again. Additionally, that means trusting that your intentions are not similarly sinister. Frankly, there seems a fair chance that this whole rescue thing was a setup to make us more cooperative."

“Just give me forty-eight hours,” Dr. Helios said. “You can get a good night’s sleep.” He paused. “Well, morning’s sleep,” he corrected with a small smile. “You can contact your families in the morning to let them know you are safe. Then you can have a tour of the school before making any decisions, though that still leaves what to do with Mr. Blythe’s new condition. I will ask you this, though. Do you consider yourself safe? I mean, not just from Nexus. But are you safe to be in public? Do you control your powers well enough to not be a danger to others? Remember Elkins.”
Elkins
You would know about Elkins. This is the 9/11 of mutants and started a lot of public outcry against mutants. Ten years ago, the town of Elkins, West Virginia, population ~7000, was literally wiped off the map in a massive, fiery conflagration. The flames ignited a coal mine and brought down half a mountain. At the center of the destruction was a naked teenage girl muttering nearly incoherently about “mutants” and obviously had suffered some kind of trauma. Jane Doe was sent to a local hospital. She promptly burned it down, killing more people, and disappeared in the panic.
“Ah’m gonna go make ‘em some hot chocolate,” Tamar murmured, turning and climbing the steps back into the plane.

“Thank you, Miss Todd,” Helios said.
Notice -2
The mention of Elkins disturbed Tamar for some reason.
"Well, you see, I miss Kibbles. She is a good dog, and I need to find out what happened to her before I decide anything. I honestly hate being without her," Jason said.

Dr. Helios smiled. “Your dog is fine at home, Mr. Konig,” he said. “If you choose to join the school, we can bring her. Perhaps she can work security with Mr. Black.”

Caleb, still behind the students, though now having stepped back to give them space, rolled his eyes. “Not really a dog person, but sure.”

"Doc, did you know about us before we got kidnapped? If so, why didn't you step in before? I could have really used a more gradual change to this. Don't suppose your valet there brought any extra clothes," Caelian said.

“We anticipated that you might need some clothes and have some on the plane,” Dr. Helios answered. Then he sobered. “I knew you were mutants...gifted, and had planned to make my offer at the Christmas break so you could make your decisions in time for second semester, if you wanted to come mid-school year. Otherwise next year,” he said. “I failed to forsee, however, how quickly Nexus would move after they received authorization and funding from Congress. Clearly Senator Bell and Nexus were working out much of the launch logistics behind the scenes. I expected more lead time before they began actual operations. Or had facilities like the one we rescued you from established.” He sighed, and said sadly, “I am sorry about your father. If I had known, I would have moved sooner. He is beyond my ability to help now. I am sorry. Do not worry about any of the funeral expenses. Your family will be taken care of,” he promised.

***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 8/8
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 am

GASP. Eyes go saucer wide when Big Black vanishes. She's seen enough scifi and comics to know what a stealth and/or shadowstep looks like. She drops the wall knowing it's useless even before she starts hearing the pissing contest behind her. Scampering forward on knees and one hand swings her other hand and launches the bubble+charger high in the air in an arc. Thuds hers back against the front tire of the van, butt on the ground.

And the charger stayed level as it goes, but stops about 20' above directly over the aircraft and stays there.

She's not hyperventilating, but she's breathing fast. She is more facing Doc H and Nanny Tams, rationalizing Hexx/Black are too close for her to react to anyhow. Trust the team, deal with balancing the odds.

Takes her a bit to catch her breathe while she thinks up her monologue and get her voice steady, enough time for others to talk. She's adrenalined up now and sounds more lucid, despite a very tight jaw. Eyes stay on Helios since Tams is walking away for no reason, but angles her face/voice over to Chase. "You're so Uber. We'll pay for the ride. Like ... Rob has phat money. And a deal's a deal. But it'll be in the van again if I get distracted and there's a really awful accident. So don't try to swap me. Took me a year to get good and you'd have like a half a second."
_____
rolls
fight fc8 -1caffeine 1d12-1 = 7: 8
wild fc8 -1caffeine 1d6-1 = 0: 1

notice -2 -1caffeine 1d6-3 = 2: 5 -1ff
wild notice -2 -1caffeine 1d6-3 = -1: 2 -1ff
Last edited by Winger on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:45 am

"Guys!" Constance said, holding out her hands, "Lets just relax a second. Okay?"

She shot a glare at Caleb. "Not helping, guy. Seriously. Give us some space."

"Shanice, he's a jerk, but he didn't attack. I don't think we need to, you know, smash the airplane that'll get us out of here. Because I don't know about you, but I'd really like to get out of here. If taking a tour of this school is the price of a ticket, I'm down with that. After what we've seen, that's kid stuff. Right?"

Tamar's reaction wasn't lost on Chance, but there were times and places to follow up on that.

Notice -2: 1d6 = 4: 4 or 1d6 = 6: 6

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:41 am

Kat snarls and spins when Caleb does his apportation act, hand coming up almost reflexively in the hex configuration, but reflexive street smarts kick in, and she refrains from... Whatever the verb is for sending weird energy at someone is. Instead she just snorts, dismissively. "Well, Spook, I don't like being abducted and waking up in someone else's underwear. So I guess all of us just have to deal, yeah?"

She shrugs as things move forward, and nods. ["Fine. 48 hours, then we see. As for contacting my old man, he probably hasn't even noticed I'm gone, yet"

OOC Comments
As with many things Kat assumes about the world, this is incorrect. Dad has noticed when she wasn't home by morning (he'd already surrendered the curfew wars, but she'd never not come back before he woke up for his factory job. Police called, etc. He will be very happy to and relieved to learn that she's alright, but maybe also a bit relieved to find that she's going to be getting proper care--he knows just enough to know he's clueless about moody, sullen thirteen-year-old girls in general, and his daughter in particular. Unless told otherwise, he'll probably assume this is some sort of intervention program meant to help troubled youth get on a better path. Kat, of course will interpret his acceptance as proof he was just waiting for an opportunity to push her out the door.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 am

Rob watches the speech and the development knowing the situation is above his head. "Okay, I am game. Let me call my mom, once I know she is safe then we can take off on your plane."

When Chance tries to calm down the situation Rob is relieved. He could not understand anything Shanice was talking about until it turned to full on threatening the people who saved them and he had no interest in drama and teenager crap. Right now his concern was making sure his mom was okay and for that he needed a cell phone.

And to be honest he is curious about how this is all going to shake out. Worse case scenario is once his powers return he can just leave. it is not like there is anything that can stop him from doing whatever he wanted once his powers are functioning correctly.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Notice 6 _
Scene Modifier -2
[*] Notice (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Notice (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 8: 2
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2

Cailean notices Tamar but addresses her personaly about it later.
"Doc. I accept your offer."

"As to my family. My dad was it."

Staring briefly at Black, Cailean walks his way to the plane. Over his shoulder and to the others, "Nexus is sure to be sending seekers after us. It is time we move. Vengeance will be another day."

"Doc. Do you need me to dispose of the van?" To emphasize his point, Cailean brings his hands togaether like he his crumpling up newspaper.

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:14 am

Sam grunts, "You must not be as good as you think if you did not know that a black ops group is going to have everything set up before they publicly ask for funding. Asking for funding is more a go-code to those guys than a point of creation."

Well, that is the way it is in Hollywood and in spy games...what do I know about the way it really works? It sure seems like the way it went in this case though, thinks Sam.

He notes, that Caleb has displayed powers, which implies the others here have them as well. This does say something about their ability to operate under the radar.

Sam comments, "Our families SHOULD interest you, Dr. Helios. Even I know that most mutations are recessive, requiring matched sets of genes to manifest. That implies whatever gives us our powers, we got from our parents."

He considers the offer, and points out, "You have claimed the enemy has a device that can literally change people's minds in an hour or two. Forty-eight hours would be enough to reprogram all of us here if you are doing the same. Still, at least you are asking, so I am willing to take the chance. Besides, the odds are good this place is going to be better than public school."
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 1: 1, Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Common Knowledge 1d6 = 2: 2, Wild CK 1d6 = 1: 1
Science 1d6 = 4: 4, Wild Science 1d6 = 2: 2
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:20 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0324
Weather: Temperature normal for season (cold); no wind; no snow
Location: Nexus Facility grounds/Lightly wooded (unknown location)
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Dim -2 (Nearly full moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
  • Unstable Platform: -2 for van
Round 0

“Hey! Put my car down, you ungrateful bitch!” Chase exclaimed as her Charger went up into the air and over the plane.

“At least someone has their head on their shoulders,” Caleb said as Constance tried to calm everyone down. He took a couple steps back, his point made.

When Rob requested a phone, Caleb merely pulled one out of his long, black coat and handed it to him. “Go ahead. Pass it around if you need to.” He left the group of teens and walked back to where Dr. Helios stood.

“Miss Todd will take care of the van,” Dr. Helios said.

Tamar emerged from the plane again. “There’s hot cocoa inside waitin’ on ya’ll,” she said with a smile. Then she walked toward the van.
Notice -2
Tamar’s eyes are a bit red-rimmed and her voice is a bit thicker.
Tamar moved the back of the van and held out her hands. Fire so hot the teens had to back away a few yards erupted, engulfing the van. It was hot enough to actually melt the metal and turn the pavement to tar. Tamar stood there like it was a warm, sunny day on the beach as heat waves blurred her form and sent her red hair moving in the convection currents.

“If you will,” Dr. Helios said, gesturing to the plane.

Caleb Black went up the stairs and into the cockpit to start the preflight.

***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:32 am

-Bleary eyes look up at Constance. Small nod, but looks over at the last other holdouts. Seeing everyone acquiesce was what she was waiting for. Gets up off the ground and focuses on the car over the aircraft, noticing TT coming out.-

-to Constance, sullenly, apologetically- "I just wanted everyone to get a fair choice."

-Walks over towards Chase while bringing the Charger over. Flinches and freezes a moment when a volcano erupts behind her, but held it steady while looking over her shoulder. Walks up to Chase and sets the Charger down gently right where it started.-

"I don't blame you for riding in Jenny. My dad made me visit some of his paraplegic vet pals, and some ALS patients. They're trapped, too. But Jenny's out here saving kids, even if it's just a job to you. ... Thanks. ... Learn better insults."

-Hugging herself slightly bent forward in de facto self-conscious teen-girl, walks to the aircraft, watching the firestorm, sniffles, enters aircraft, finds a place to strap in. All she asks for is caffeine, she doesn't care how she gets it at this point. Pretty much focuses strictly on hiding any emotions from here on. Watches the others make phone calls, but shakes her head and doesn't make any calls herself when offered.-

_____
rolls
notice -2 -1caf -1fc8 1d6-4 = 2: 6
notice -2 -1caf -1fc8 ace 1d6+2 = 8: 6
notice -2 -1caf -1fc8 ace2 1d6+8 = 12: 4
wild notice -2 -1caf -1fc8 1d6-4 = 1: 5

force control 8 -1caf 1d12-1 = 5: 6
wild fc8 -1caf 1d6-1 = 1: 2
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:48 am

Cailean says nothing on the plane. He does except the clothes, not bothering to look at the style and what not. He waves away the cell phone.

"The only people I want to call is Nexus and tell them payback is coming and she is a bitch."

At the use of profanity he cringes half expecting his dad to say something then realizing that his dad won't be saying anything. He silently apolgizes anyway.

To amke up for the food he would not eat in the institution, he takes an entire plate to himself.

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:31 am

OOC Comments
Thievery 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild Thievery 1d6 = 4: 4
Kat, tired and hungry, accedes to the apparent inevitable. Silently, she boards the plane, though she does murmur something about "Red Hot Momma", when the van goes supernova, but it's obvious her hostility is shifting from "obstreperous" to "sullen". When food is offered next, she does eat, going through a considerable amount of food. The more attentive companions might realize that more stable foodstuffs--fruit, or even an uncut baked potato, for instance--are actually disappearing into the many pockets of her Army Surplus coat.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Sam is tired, and now that the immediate danger is over it and traces of the drugs are hitting him. He is rather less observant than usual as a result.

He comments, "I think I would like to sleep, eating or drinking much would perhaps not be a great idea. Warm milk perhaps, but cocoa might give me too much of a buzz."

The downside of heightened senses, something like chocolate can give you a bit of an overload, Sam thinks
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 5: 3, Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 7: 5
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Chance heads on in and picks the seat next to Shanice. She selects a cup of cocoa and sips it quietly. After it cools a bit she drinks the rest, then digs out her cellphone and starts taking pictures of the inside of the plane, though she very intentionally doesn't capture anyone's faces.

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Chance wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:16 pm
Chance heads on in and picks the seat next to Shanice. She selects a cup of cocoa and sips it quietly. After it cools a bit she drinks the rest, then digs out her cellphone and starts taking pictures of the inside of the plane, though she very intentionally doesn't capture anyone's faces.
Shanice watches her, digs the idea, but habitually curls up tighter hiding from the camera, eventhough she's consciously aware Constance is avoiding people. She'll move out of frame to let Constance photo more on her side then sit back. If her GoPro still exists or has any batteries left, she offers it to Constance to duplicate the work.
OOC Comments
i have no clue if gopro's have geolocation, of if so how it works and if it can at altidude. but if it's an option, Shanice silently points it out to Constance when offering it to her.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:53 am

Rob thanks him for the phone and immediately called him mom. Once she was on the phone his stress level visibly dropped. His phone call could not have lasted more than a few minutes, but when he returned to the group and saw everyone messing around, getting organized he seemed unaware of any chatter. In fact it is obvious he missed virtually everything that happened from when he got the phone until he returned it.

Looking around the plane he likes what he sees. "Nice plane. Grabbing a soda for himself he looks through the dining area for some food." When the stewardess comes over and asks to help he only nods. "Yeah sorry, I been a little stressed, any chance you have junk food back here?" From there is was easy going. As he followed instructions to have a seat the snacks where provided and soon he was fast asleep for the flight.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Jason walks onto the plane and takes a window seat nearest to the food. Not one to shy away he eats as much as he can without lifting a knife or fork. He is unconcerned by any mess and licks his fingers clean as he finishes. He also calls the Vet to find out Kibbles' location. Determining his foster parents have her he calls them only asking to talk to Kibbles. They put kibbles on speaker and he happily talks to her while she barks occasionally at the phone which is loud enough for the people nearby to hear. He smiles and grabs any more food left over at the end of his call.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:53 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0325
Weather: Temperature normal for season (cold); no wind; no snow
Location: Nexus Facility grounds/Lightly wooded (unknown location)
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Dim -2 (Nearly full moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
  • Unstable Platform: -2 for van
Round 0

Chase shook her head at Shanice. “Jenny has nothing to do with being out here,” she told the purple girl. “It’s all Chase. Look, I get where you’re at. This is all a fucked up shitstorm. I’ve been there. But trust me. Dr. Helios is the best man to help you.”

The inside of the plane was pretty spartan. It wasn’t a luxury Gulfstream or anything. But the seats were well-padded and comfortable, with secure safety harnesses and eight seats. The back of the plane had what looked to be a bed from a doctor’s office and a couple lockers, though the area had been converted to something of a makeshift kitchenette with a coffee maker and electric kettle, the medical refrigerator being used for the sandwiches and sodas.

When Tamar returned to the plane, she got a pot of coffee and topped off Shanice’s hot chocolate with it.

The clothes given to Caelian were simple sweats and t-shirt with Helios Academy logos, as well as sneakers. Comfortable, but not high fashion. Tamar was more than happy to give him a plate loaded with various sandwiches and delicious homemade cookies of various kinds, including some brownies that were to die for. When he cursed, she gave him a sympathetic smile, but a look that said it was understandable now, but don’t make a habit of it.

“Sure thing, sugah,” Tamar said to Sam. She warmed some milk for him. And then she passed around blankets for everyone.

When Tamar saw Constance taking pictures, she asked, “What’s that about, hon?”

Tamar smiled when Rob asked for junk food and brought out a selection of chips and candy bars, as well as offering the plate of homemade brownies and cookies again. She deposited a bunch of sandwiches beside Jason.

“Everyone just let me know if ya’ll need anythin’ durin’ the flight,” Tamar said, passing around blankets and pillows. She took her own seat as Dr. Helios went into the cockpit with Caleb Black.

***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:18 am

-shanice listened to chases response, and accepted it, or gave up fighting it. half nod and walked away hugging herself self-consciously-

-walking into the shuttle she went straight to the refrigerator even while scoping out the coffeemaker. she got out a soda and close the fridge door and chugged the soda. closed her eyes and stood there having a religious moment. then put the can somewhere reasonable, pulled the tab from the can looking for a place to recycle it separate. but robotic motions still trembling while the nectar of life sunk in. she got one more soda out to keep for emergencies, and /then/ looked at the coffee. she wants it bad enough to risk clearly burning herself to drink it, but steps aside when tams gets back to serving, and seeing coffee go into hot chocolate checked enough boxes. she found a seat and buckled in and hugged her knees some, crossing her legs on the seat, eyes the ship. when tams hands her her coffee, is a polite girl with please and thank yous even if she's not making eye contact with the magmawitch or anyone else. watched constance and offered her camera, but shrunk a bit when the adults started asking questions like none of the kids have had any reasons at all to take precautions today. moved when needed for constance to shoot her seat's wall, but otherwise kinda stayed huddled to herself, nursing drink after drink, wiping her eyes and hiding sniffles, sometimes straining a bit gritting her teeth making a little sound to ward off some haunting thought she's overthinking.-

-not entirely against interaction, but left on her own, she'll eventually get through enough of a hidden cry and just be numb and eventually sleep-
Last edited by Winger on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:17 am

Rob started thinking about this strange brain wipe technology. The scariest part was they could be under the effect even now. They could be pawns intended to bring out Dr. Helios, hell even his need to call his mom comes into question.

Could they put multiple minds in one body, could they have sleeper skills waiting to come out and kill?

Could the technology be used for good? Could you impart the knowledge of how to be a great surgeon and save lives, or would you lose the creative part of skill building.

Rob became unreasonably wealthy in only a couple years because he could heal people. Imagine how wealthy you could be with an army of healers.

As he finally fell asleep Robs dreams took over. Filled with fears of body swapping girls and super soldier women, legions of super powered soldiers.

He needed to harden his mind. To ensure that above all, he remained himself...
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:24 am

Kat ate heartily, finally, requesting seconds on almost everything Tamara brought out, and even swinging past the kitchenette to grab more on her way to and from the lavatory. Of course, much of the junk food, especially the compact candy bars, end up squirrelled away in her pockets, tucked away with all the skill of a veteran at the Five-finger Discount. She takes a seat off on her own if she can; if there aren't enough for that, then she takes one next to Cailen before passing out. Either way, she waits until all the boys are asleep before letting herself drift off.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Sam drinks his milk and settles down for a snooze, right now rest is what he needs most. He takes the precaution of putting threads through the carpeting,if anyone tries to get in arm's reach he will hopefully feel it and be awakened.

Spirit 1d8-1 = 1: 2, Wild Spirit 1d6-1 = 3: 4
Notice 1d8+1 = 6: 5, Wild Notice 1d6+1 = 5: 4
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Constance looked at Tamar owlishly and said, "Documentation. Pics or it didn't happen, you know?"

She sighed and looked back through her photo album on the phone. "I didn't get NEARLY as much footage from that place as I should have. I could have been taking pictures practically nonstop. Oh, thanks."

She takes some food for herself as well, feeling the exertions of the past couple of hours setting in.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:07 pm

After hours wandering around in a foreign place in his super human underroos, Cailean graciously excepts the sweats and such things. "Hey. Do we get a paycheck or a stipend at Helios Academy?"

Then pointing to the sweats and stuff that he is wearing comfortably, "Just don't have anything to pay for the clothes with."

At the offer of sandwhiches, Cailean sheepishly looks at the food, "My dad, had me on a strict diet. Sorry Tamara, this looks like it might over due my appropriate intakes." He then looks down at his large size, hears a very large roar, and realizes that he is hungry.

Grabbing a sandwhich in each hand, he nods his thanks and approval to Tamara between bites. Surprisingly for someone of his size, he is very tidy. No messes.

Seeing as Tamara is the only one he has access to from the Academy for the time being, he asks, "Helios have access to a dietician? Also I need a fight coach. Two things Nexus could not take from me that my dad taught me was respect for my body, eating correctly and regular exercise."

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:27 pm

-empty look over at cailean- "eating don't fix being a freak. nothing does. you just end up in a clinic with adults telling you to be careful because these 'episodes' are really expensive. we're all just supposed to be super happy all the time."
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:47 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0630
Weather: Temperature 40 degrees warmer for season (unseasonably warm); no wind; light rain
Location: Helios Academy
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright (overhead lights)
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

Tamar answered what questions she could.

“Yes. As the president’s special class,” she said with a smile, “ya’ll would be given a modest stipend fer sundry expenses,” she told Caelian. “An’ Ah’m sure we can get ya a new wardrobe allowance,” she told Caelian. “As fer a dietician, the school doctor can do all that. Though you’ll miss out on mah special brownies,” she said, giving Caelian a grin. “An’ Mr. Black will be sure ta teach ya’ll what ya need ta know ‘bout fightin’.”

Tamar made one last pass around the cabin to be sure everyone had what they needed, and then the lights dimmed to allow them to get some rest, though there were overhead lights if they wanted to read or something.

***

The first rays of sunrise shone through the windows of the plane. Tamar moved quietly around the cabin, tucking the teenagers in a bit more, and poured herself a cup of coffee and staring out the window as she sipped it. She looked tired, like she had been up all night, and had a full day ahead of her.

Outside the window, the plane didn’t seem to be moving. It seemed to have come to a stop low over some large body of water. Whatever was keeping it aloft stirred the water below.
Notice 4
You notice when you look outside the window, you can’t see the wings of the play, or any part of the exterior.
Notice 8
You can see a blurry, transparent outline of the plane, but not clearly. It reminds you a bit of Wonder Woman’s invisible plane.
The plane got lower and lower until it was only a few feet from the surface. Then suddenly the engines cut and it splashed down, sinking fast. A different sort of sound and vibration went through the plane as what seemed like a different set of engines kicked in, and the plane started to move through the water.

***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:54 am

Sam awoke when Tamar went around the cabin, you would wake up too if someone stepped on your toes...that was why he set it up that way. He quickly realized the plane was not moving normally and checked around to see what was going on.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 7: 5, Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 4: 2
He notices the lack of visible wings outside the window but concludes that something is holding us up, so he is somehow not seeing it.

Sam watches as they sink into the water, wondering how they make the engines function in both air and water, and noting it appears to take a brief time to convert between the two.
Last edited by Probe on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:37 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Kat wakes up as soon as movement starts in the cabin, and she shifts over to someplace she can see out the window. She dogs in her brain for basic geography. If we really are going to Helios, that means Chicago, so this must be Lake... Eerie? No, Lake Michigan. Wait.... What the hell is up with the wing? . She presses her face against the glass and gives a gasp, despite herself. "Holy shit, we're invisible!". The exclamation was definitely louder than she intended.

When the plane then submerged, she just shakes her head. "Okay, now they're just showing off...."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:34 am

Notice 5
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Rob woke up feeling a lot of the stress from earlier has decreased now that he had a chance to catch some zees. Looking around the cabin his eyes stop when he looks out and sees there are no wings. "Cool a stealth plane. Like Justice League." He mumbles to himself so low it is difficult to hear.

Sitting up Rob holds his hand out for a second when a fresh glass of orange juice appears in it he says a little too loud. "Finally." The relief on Volo's face is tangible, as he then looks around and feels a bit sheepish as the others likely did not care about his previous problem. Dropping the glass it disappears before hitting the ground. Looking around Volo asks Tamar. "So this is the super secret location or something? Anything we need to know, like 'Whatever you do, don't hit the red button.' I mean I do not want to end up dead because someone hit the emergency flood the base button or something."

Listening respectfully to any information dumps Volo is obviously way more relaxed now for some reason. As his clothes appear clean again and he face looks rested. Without the need to hear his own voice Volo will relax and listen to the on-goings and orientation stuff that may be shared.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:44 pm

-wakes up at some point. cat stretches and covers her mouth to not yawn out loud. gets up and wanders to the bathroom to wash her face and wash out her mouth. then stays in a space near the back to do the basic level 1 qi gong ish fitness ish stretch. then goes to the coffee stand by tamar. quiet voice, asks for kosher salt to cut the acid and fixes coffee for herself, gets an orange juice and eats some jam/toast. polite morning 'conversation to strangers at a continental breakfast at a motel' to tamar 'ma'am'. focuses on the windows after a bit, and wanders up to look in the cockpit, but not enter it, just stands there sipping coffee observing. if the pilot's aren't panicking then she doesn't panic.-

_____
rolls
notice 1d6 = 6: 6
notice ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
wild notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Last edited by Winger on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:49 am

Jason wakes up. Noticing the sandwich hanging halfway out of his mouth, a bit dry and crusty from sleeping with it, and shrugs. He looks at it inspecting it. Then he shrugs again and finishes it. Hearing Kat blurt out about invisible he says the first thing that comes to mind. "We are not invisible Kat. I can clearly see you and everyone else in this plane silly." He mumbles a bit more and leans back to get a bit more comfortable in his chair not realizing they are close to landing.

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Cailean reclines himself after eating but does not go to sleep. First time being in an airplane and he is thoroughly attentive to his surroundings.

When Tamar passes by with blankets, he accepts two though he does not unfold them.

"It was just dad and I for most of my life. Mom was not talked about much. My dad did mom's work as well as his dad work. Thanks for the food."

Studying @KahlessNestor Tamar, "Ma'am, you like as tired as I feel. Is there some danger that we are unaware of here?"

At the mention of missing out on cookies and brownies, Calean just laughs, patting his large frame, "I am certain that a whole plate of cookies would not effect this physique."


Notice 13 _
[*] Notice (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 12: 6
[*] Super Aced! Wild (1d6+12) 1d6+12 = 13: 1
Maybe it was due to his being not fully asleep but Cailean suddenly notes that the plane has stopped. He even realizes that the plane has disappeared from around him. One Strange thing after another.

Excited by the fact that they are stopped, he does look a little bit concerned as the watery surface comes closer and closer, till they suddenly plunge below the surface. Swimming in a plane. Interesting.

He says nothing to anyone else. Just sits an observes.

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:29 pm

"I don't get it," Constance said to Tamar, or any Helios staffer she could see. "How do you guys have technology like this? It's one thing to run a 'home for wayward mutants,' but invisible planes that can go into water? I don't care how rich you guys have, that's something you can't just buy."

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:24 am

Sam replies to the last comment, "It is quite likely they have a mutant technologist in their number, someone capable of inventing and building things that are far more advanced than what is commercially available."

That helps explain why they think they can hide from the government, Peter Thinks. Especially if he is a super hacker as well as a super inventer.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Rob nods. "Someone like that could come in handy, especially if they have a way of protecting us from those brain things."
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:23 pm

Kat rolls her eyes @Jason Konig, speaking in a tone usually reserved for the very young. "The plane is invisible. Doofus. Can't see it from the outside, can't even see the wings from the windows."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:05 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0640
Weather: Temperature 40 degrees warmer for season (unseasonably warm); no wind; light rain
Location: Helios Academy
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

"Ma'am, you like as tired as I feel. Is there some danger that we are unaware of here?" Caelian asked.

“No danger. Just a long night,” Tamar said reassuringly. She gave a small yawn, which she covered with her hand. “Excuse me,” the redhead said.

“Language, sweetie,” Tamar told Kat when the teen cursed, offering a smile and a cup of hot coffee.

Tamar smiled at Rob. “Certain parts of the school we do keep...secret,” the redhead allowed. “The parts that deal with our students who have powers an’ need trainin’. An’, well, we cain’t just land a jet in the middle of campus, now, can we?”

Shanice wandered a bit around the cabin, going up to the cockpit. They weren’t panicking, but Dr. Helios was dozing in the copilot seat as they move smoothly through the water.

"How do you guys have technology like this? It's one thing to run a 'home for wayward mutants,' but invisible planes that can go into water? I don't care how rich you guys have, that's something you can't just buy," Constance said.

Tamar chuckled. “Dr. Helios has his sources. An’ influential friends. An’ plenty of money. It’s really the same basic technology that the Guardians are usin’. With a few extras,” she added with a smile. “Necessity is the mother of invention, they say.”

The plane approached what looked like one of the large water cribs offshore. The side of the crib opened, allowing the plane to move inside, and then the doors closed behind them, leaving them in the water-filled chamber. The teenagers realized they could now see the plane again. There was the rumble of some mechanism, and then the water started to drain out. When it was finished, another set of doors opened, allowing the jet to taxi down a long runway before coming to a stop in an underground hanger of some sort.

“Home sweet home,” Tamar said, getting up. “You can all unbuckle now and gather your things.”

Dr. Helios and Caleb Black emerged from the cockpit. “I trust the flight wasn’t too bad,” Dr. Helios said as Tamar opened the side door and unfolded the short steps to allow people to disembark.

The hanger was fairly large, lit by large lights set in the high ceiling. There was also a black HumVee parked there. Besides the exit out to the lake through which they had come, a smaller tunnel led somewhere else. There was space for tools and repair bays, as well. A large elevator was set across the hanger.

“Just make your way to the lift,” Dr. Helios instructed.

***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:16 am

Kat just sort of shrugged when Tamar chided her choice of wording, and then went back to watching out the window. Something the woman says clicks in her brain, though. "Same tech as the Guardians? Is that what this is all about, then? We're getting trained to be Guardians 2.0?"
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:34 pm

-Shanice watches the entire landing sequence in wide eyed silence, even the shut down procedure- "Super smooth." -thumbsup to Caleb/Helios, a bit more wooden than friendly, but answering the question honestly.-

-Might be the first to step out and look around- "So beast." -to herself. Gets out of the way and just walks around in circles by the humvee looking at everything till it's time to move. especially curious if anything catches her eye that seems 'weird' outside of your typical underwater-superhero-hidden-base-aquafacility-

_____
rolls
notice 1d6 = 4: 4
wild notice 1d6 = 6: 6
wild notice ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Last edited by Winger on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:31 am

Sam tries to remember who the Guardians are, if he has heard of them.
OOC Comments
Common Knowledge 1d6 = 6: 6, Wild CK 1d6 = 5: 5, Knowledge Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
For the moment, he decides to stay quiet and observe. For one thing, now that he life is not depending on it, he would rather not talk with all thise girls around. He just knows he is going to say the wrong thing if he talks to them...he always does.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 6: 4, Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 7: 5
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 am

Rob nods taking it all in as he looks around. Sure it makes sense, cannot have super jets landing in the middle of the school while trying to be subtle. But this all seems very expensive to maintain. They must have some sort of collection of supers for accomplishing all the things they have here.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:22 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0645
Weather: Temperature 40 degrees warmer for season (unseasonably warm); no wind; light rain
Location: Helios Academy
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

"Same tech as the Guardians? Is that what this is all about, then? We're getting trained to be Guardians 2.0?" Kat asked.

“What you choose to do with your training when it is complete is up to you,” Dr. Helios told Kat. “We endeavor to make you safe for society and able to live your life freely, and defend yourself, should it be necessary. If you choose to apply to the Guardians, that is up to you, though, unfortunately, the Guardians took the path of least political resistance and laid off their mutant members recently,” he said.

“Pink slips all the way,” Tamar said.

Shanice examined the underground hanger. Other than a high tech plane and the best equipment, it looked pretty normal.

Sam recalled the Guardians. They were America’s most famous superheroes. Sponsored and financed by multi-billionaire tech industrialist Peter Venta and his company Force Majeure, Inc., they had franchise branches in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, as well as a training facility for young heroes in Dallas, able to respond quickly to any emergency in the country. Their billboards were everywhere, and their action figures and dolls and playsets filled entire shelves in the toy stores.

“Miss Walker, if I may have a moment,” Dr. Helios said quietly, pulling her off to the side. “I wished to ask if you would like something to make you stand out a little less?” He held out a small locket on a chain. It looked to have a diamond set in it. “If you would put it on and see if you approve of the effect.” He glanced over at Caelian. “Mr. Blythe might require something a bit more...extreme,” he allowed.

***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:44 am

Sam thinks that might possibly explain where the tech came from, those Mutants who were members of the Guardians probably learned a lot about it while they were working for them.

He is a bit irate though, "So when it is politicall expediant they cozy up to us, but when it is not they discard us like shit on the pink slips they use as toilet paper."

Ouch, he should have kept his mouth shut, that cam out even worse than he intended.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Kat snorts at the mutant cleansing of the Guardians. "Up to us, hrm? So we could be the next generation of Supervillains, too? Or do you have a special program for antisocial muties?"

She also frowns at the discussion of hiding Winger's skin coloration. "Looks like the Guardians ain't the only ones into political expedience."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:58 pm

Listening to all the conversation around peoples mistrust of mutants. Volo thinks to himself. He never considered himself a mutant, he just considered himself lucky. But these peopl, and these problems are real serious. He needs to figure a way out of this situation. He was startign to feel trapped in this trail they put in front of him, and while they did offer help, the only thing keeping him here was their promise to proect him mom.

"I would still like to learn more. Will the other kids here think it is strange to have a bunch of new kids showing up out of the blue in the middle of a semiester?" To be honest he wanted to learn everythng they could teach him and was willing to hit the books as hard as needed if it would keep him and him mom safe from these bastards with the mind switching machines.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:04 am

-listens to dr. helios. raises an eyebrow like 'seriously?'- "Is this some kind of supertech, too? -puts it on incredulous- "It's cute, but what is it supposed to do, sir?" -looking around for something reflective. settles on the large flat window of the humvee's reflection if nothing else-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 am

Cailean is silent. Even the refernce to his current appearance does not seem to get a rise from him.

He does heft the sock out that holds the shell casings from the rounds that were emptied into his father before Cailean was captured.

"I only want to train and maybe track down the mooks who gunned down my father."

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by KahlessNestor » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:31 am

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0650
Weather: Temperature 40 degrees warmer for season (unseasonably warm); no wind; light rain
Location: Helios Academy
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

"So when it is politically expedient, they cozy up to us, but when it is not, they discard us like shit on the pink slips they use as toilet paper."

“Language,” Tamar told Sam gently.

Dr. Helios gave Sam a sympathetic look. “There are many factors involved,” he said. “But yes, I imagine that Guardians, Inc did some marketing research and found that attempting to go against prevailing opinion would cost them too much revenue and harm the brand.”

"Up to us, hrm? So we could be the next generation of supervillains, too? Or do you have a special program for antisocial muties?"

“Yes. It is called policing our own,” Dr. Helios said. “If you stay in the program, it might be necessary to do so. Otherwise...well, you have seen the alternative tonight,” he pointed out. “And I suspect that is just the tip of the Nexus iceberg.”

"Looks like the Guardians ain't the only ones into political expedience," Kat said dismissively when Dr. Helios was talking to Shanice privately.

“That is to make Walker’s experience at the school more palatable. It also provides her a measure of protection from identification, Wilhelm,” Caleb said. “Or would you prefer her to be the center of targeted harassment and possibly expose the school for harboring unregistered mutants?”

"I would still like to learn more. Will the other kids here think it is strange to have a bunch of new kids showing up out of the blue in the middle of a semester?"

“Ya’ll will be the President’s Special Class,” Tamar explained. “We’ll keep ya’ll under wraps down heah until after Nexus gets bored lookin’ for ya’ll an’ everyone returns from Christmas. You’ll get some intensive training. Then we’ll integrate ya’ll inta the student body next semester. With the holidays, it should only be a few weeks’ time.”

“Yes, it is supertech, I suppose you could say,” Dr. Helios told Shanice as he explained what the locket could do. He pulled out his phone and entered something into an app. A soft blue light traveled down Shanice’s body. “The locket is scanning your genetic structure. It will then subtract your mutant gene and project an image over you extrapolating what you would look like without it.”

After a moment, Shanice blinked and looked at her reflection. She looked like herself, except...not purple! She looked like a normal teenage girl!

“It is called an image inducer. Just tap it to activate it. It does come with some limitations. Using your powers will generally disrupt it, and the image will fall away. But you should be able to go about in normal society.”

"I only want to train, and maybe track down the mooks who gunned down my father," Caelian said.

“You’ll get that chance,” Caleb promised. “And more.”

Dr. Helios nodded. “And an elite education, which is even more important,” he said with a smile. “Your situation, Mr. Blythe, will require a bit more effort. We could give you a power suppressor that would revert you to the form you had before until you deactivated it. Then you would return to this larger, stronger form.”

***

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:16 am

Sam hakes his head, thinking, Marketing Research is a stupid way to make such decisions, proper marketing can shape opinions and help everyone.

He decides not to speak again, he may get the point across, but it sure is not going to sound good unless he takes the time to think it out and pretty much follow a script.

Oftentimes there is no difference between those who are seen as the good guys and the bad guys other than how they are portrayed. As long as the other side is in control, we may be seen as supervillains, no matter how we really act.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Hexx » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:25 am

Kat shrugs at Caleb. "What I'd 'rather' doesn't matter. It's her choice, or should be. I'm just saying your decision to not take a public stand is the same sort of thinking that the Guardians are using. The rule is, three can keep a secret if two are dead. One of us, sooner or later, is going to be outed--when that happens, do we get to discretely disappear, or does the school let us stay openly?"
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Winger » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:48 pm

-Shanice looks at the reflection and taps the pendant. The holo bubbles in to place. Her eyes widen. Lips part in short gasp, but her lungs keep expanding till they're full, eyes and jaw keep widening. There might be words she is trying to say, but they don't come out. She reaches out with her hand to the surface and touches it, then is even smacking it seeing or expecting ripples in the holo. Then she pounding her hands on the side and tears are starting to come. Her next sounds come out as an incoherent wail and she stumbles back from the image but is clutching the pendant in a death grip with one hand and staring at her right and palm away just inches from her face, even when she lands on her back on the ground.

In a minute it's clear she is suffering traumatic shock, curled up tight to her knees but not hugging them, bloodshot eyes and pale, shaking then calm in tandem waves, but no one is going to get that pendant away from her. She will need to be carried to wherever they take her. She doesn't resists or struggle as long as no one goes near her left hand holding the pendant or her right hand backed to her face, pressed to her nose and forehead as a blinder now-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Chance » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:31 pm

"That's pretty cool. Do those come in 'disguise' mode too?" Chance was asking. "Like, to look like someone totally different?"

Then she realized Shanice was making some odd noises. On seeing her, Chance quickly went over to the formerly-purple girl and threw an arm around her shoulder.

"Hey. It's okay. You're all right. We're here."

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Highlander » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:57 pm

"I would like to be able to switch forms. Controlled switching of forms."

Cailean thinks to himself, "All those references to me being an old man. Yikes."

He looks at @Winger, "Is there something we can do for her? If this is fight related trauma, I am unfamiliar with it."

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 am

Looking at @Highlander though he said. "I can try and wish them away if you want? But they will come back after we separate." If Highlander agrees Rob wishes him to being a normal boy.

As too the rest of the conversation Rob thinks as he is going. but has little more to say. The others have covered questions he was not really even thinking of, so maybe if he listened he would learn more than if he chatted.

OOC Comments
This could be the Negate power or the disguise power with a custom modifier to use on others.
On the forums Clint has suggested perhaps +2, but said it was too uncommon to deserve mention in the SPC even when it was being revised.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Probe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:51 am

Sam realizes what is going on with the purple girl, she has never been Normal, suddenly being given the appearance of normality is causing her both joy, and the fear that it will be taken away again. She is overwhelmed by emotions. Having super senses, he has witnessed odd behavior like this in (somewhat) similar situations. He just does not think he can do anything about it without coming off seeming like he is trying to grope the girl. It makes him feel pretty helpless.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Jason Konig
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Jason Konig » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Jason just listened. Watching everyone. He didn't really partake in the conversation. He wasn't big on politics. The free education seemed nice. It seemed they had the capability to keep them safe at least temporarily. He also was wondering about his pooch he didn't feel right without her. He pat Shanice on the shoulder as she admired the changes in herself. "I like the purple. Its more natural."

User avatar
Volo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am

Re: 1.1 The Next Generation

Post by Volo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Seeing the natural shape changer comment on the colors to Winger, Rob laughs a little in his heart. Easy for the shape changer to say. He looks like what he wants to, when he wants to. But if it makes her feel good, Rob won't criticize. After all doesn't he have the same option in a way. Honestly he wants to look as plain as possible, no way does he want anyone to remember him, and he things the other would think the same.
Status & Resources
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Rank: Novice Experience: 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”