Looking for Work?

Post Reply
User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Looking for Work?

Post by RFT » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:16 am

Looking for Work?

That is right, even the most impressive warriors in the three galaxies find themselves looking for work now and then. It is time to make some calls and see if any opportunities are out there.
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players


Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players
  • Recurring NPCs
    Danielson 2 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 3 elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 2
    Marry 2 Against the Odds
    Michael 2 Against the Odds


Phase World - The Remorseless 11
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Abreaz
Abreaz (The Target) 3 elan, Assassin, Can spend a Benny on a Joker for the Drop, Quick, Imp Level Headed, highly tactical, will attack the weakest target until defeated
  • -0 None spent
    +1 Joker
  • The Pursuit
    Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
    Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
    Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
    Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
    Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
    Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
  • Naruni
    Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
    Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
    Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
    Indohc (Security - TW) 2
  • Dream Makers
    Aalor 2
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Fiona Gladbrooke
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 am

While Center never failed to provide entertaining adventures for her Fiona could tell it was time to go when she started noticing tails on her. Hastert's boys no doubt. Oh well, time to see if my dear friend Ramson has need of my skills. After hiring a porter to help with her things the changeling places a call to the Remorseless. "Is this the Remorseless? A pleasure to meet you HAL. My name is Fiona Gladbrooke and I would like to speak with your captain please. Yes I'll hold dear." Preping the last of her gear as she does so.

Hal notifies @Ramson Gourdaine of an incomming comm call from one Fiona Gladbrooke.
Fiona Quick stats
Fiona Gladbrooke
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10/15 (11)/21 (12). +1 Coat, +4 (0) armored clothes or + 10 (1) Morphic Armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Uncanny Reflexes, if Fiona is aware of an attack it suffers a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Kharis » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:25 am

Kharis sits in front of the video monitor, thinking. It’s going to take me a month to get the taste of that last one out of my mouth. He looks down at his still-stained uniform. And out of my clothes.

He rolls his choices around in his head (which isn’t particularly hard, given how few of them he has) and ticks them off. I could do another open ad. That worked fine the first time. He glances around. But not so well this time.

I could call Sa. He mulls on that one for a moment. He’d liked Sa and had felt an easy kinship with the big Seljuk. But given that they were both warriors, well, Kharis had assumed there wouldn’t be that many crews who would want both a Seljuk mercenary and a Helka Ohtar on board. Well, no harm in asking.

Before activating the vid call, he turns his attention back to his surroundings. He crouches down to one of the surviving members of his now former crew and slaps the man awake.

The mercenary, a human cyborg, comes to with a start, immediately bringing his weaponized left arm to bear… or at least, he immediately tries to bring his arm around, only to find it missing.

Kharis holds up the dismembered cybernetic arm for the man to see, and then he places the tip of his knife on the man’s throat. “Welcome back, Kal.”

The two of them, Kharis and Kal, are surrounded by three other bodies. One of those is clearly dead, it’s head missing. The other two, Kharis knows, are alive, but they are also partially encased in ice. And, of course, Kal doesn’t know that.

Kharis continues, almost jovially, “in the future, if you contract for the services of one of the Helka Ohtar, please keep in mind that we find it to be incredibly bad form to attempt to renegotiate the terms of our employment after the job is finished. Your boss learned that the hard way.” Kharis gestures to the corpse.

“So I’ll be taking my agreed upon share and going my way. Obviously, we’re done working together, and if any of you want to continue in this line of employ, I’d recommend not draw your weapons on one of your own crewmates again, even if your boss does tell you to. It’s bad for your reputation.”

With that, Kharis gives Kal, who is too stunned to get a word in edgewise, an almost affectionate pat on the shoulder. “Be seeing you, Kal.”

Kharis stands up, shoulders his pack, and hops into one of the vessel’s handful of pods, punching in a set of now familiar coordinates. As he detaches from the main ship, he pockets a copy of the ship’s security footage, just in case he needs it later, and activates a call.

“Hey, Sa, you there?”
@Sa’Maku

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Sa’Maku » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 am

The stench was horrible. The ship's environmental systems couldn't work fast enough to take the moist, linger, fog, from the hallways surrounding the heads. For Sak.aku, who's sense of smell developed from millenia of predators, the smell was particularly nauseous. Holding his breath the big Seljuk made it to his quarters and sealed the door.

Taking a deep breath of clean air he scowled, The Splugorth cursed Power Dump with many horrible things, but waste disposal is the worst. Sa'Maku briefly debates his conclusion as visions of the chest thing come to mind. At least he can cover that up.

His musings were mercifully interrupted by the comms terminal on his desk. Seeing a communication from Kharis made him grin - a vicious and frightening sight with rows of sharp teeth.

"Greetings Kharis, I am here and stuck in my quarters for a moment. Your are a welcome reprieve."

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Kharis » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:24 am

Sa’Maku wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 am

His musings were mercifully interrupted by the comms terminal on his desk. Seeing a communication from Kharis made him grin - a vicious and frightening sight with rows of sharp teeth.

"Greetings Kharis, I am here and stuck in my quarters for a moment. Your are a welcome reprieve."
Seeing his friend, Kharis grins back. ”As are you. I find myself between jobs at the moment. My last employer turned out to be less than reputable, and I’m currently speeding back to Central with idle hands. What are the chances you’ve heard of any decent job openings? I’ll even work on commission, if something good is available.”

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Sa’Maku » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 am

"Mercenary work pays well, but can be without honor. Our crew is made of many misfits but I have come to an understanding with them and our goals are aligned for the moment," Sa'Maku considers the need to keep their focus on the Pursuit and not deviate too far from their common mission,

"We have a job at the moment that may benefit from an unfamiliar face amidst our crew. We are about to depart Centre so meet me near our docking area and I will recommend you to our Captain."

Sa'Maku forwards the location of a pub nearest their berth and looks to find Ransomme.

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Kharis » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 am

Sa’Maku wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 am
"Mercenary work pays well, but can be without honor. Our crew is made of many misfits but I have come to an understanding with them and our goals are aligned for the moment," Sa'Maku considers the need to keep their focus on the Pursuit and not deviate too far from their common mission,

"We have a job at the moment that may benefit from an unfamiliar face amidst our crew. We are about to depart Centre so meet me near our docking area and I will recommend you to our Captain."

Sa'Maku forwards the location of a pub nearest their berth and looks to find Ransomme.
"Copy that, Sa. I'll be seeing you soon." Kharis acknowledges his friend's instructions and adjusts the coordinates to match.

That wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement, but beggers and choosers. And if Sa can get along with them, how bad could they be?

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Power Dump » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Fiona Gladbrooke wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 am
While Center never failed to provide entertaining adventures for her Fiona could tell it was time to go when she started noticing tails on her. Hastert's boys no doubt. Oh well, time to see if my dear friend Ramson has need of my skills. After hiring a porter to help with her things the changeling places a call to the Remorseless. "Is this the Remorseless? A pleasure to meet you HAL. My name is Fiona Gladbrooke and I would like to speak with your captain please. Yes I'll hold dear." Preping the last of her gear as she does so.

Hal notifies @Ramson Gourdaine of an incomming comm call from one Fiona Gladbrooke.
Power Dump looks at the comms channel to the right of the steering controls at the pilot station. It reads as a private call for Captain Ramson. The souless bio borg mutters a curse and adjusts his black and pink lettered Tittysprinkles beater shirt making sure it covers his nipples. Call for the captain? Fuck that naked simvan. Power Dump shoved a mouthful of space wasp into his mouth and chest clicking on the comm channel.
” Mm...Mmm... Who is this and what do you know of the Code?”. He tried to be pleasant but his lack of manners and grace made him soumd like a cross between a warthog in heat and the shrill barking bats of Rigel II.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
1 Golden
1/3
+1 F and G
+3 Benny Farming
-1 EF on battle
+2 jokers
-1 agility roll
-2 bennies for overcoming Sa’m resistances
-1 benny for damage reroll
-3 bennies for soaks

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Sa’Maku » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Izakaya Pub
With a new recruit on the hook Sa'Maku hooked up with Ransom, who also had an old contact looking for work. A couple of fresh faces might help pull one over on the crew of the Sovereign.

Sa'Maku selected the Izakaya because it was run by an old Oni. The Oni people had a reputation for velour and honor that appealed to the Seljuk. The place was done up in Oni (oriental) decor with fancy calligraphy, flowing fountains, and small tables. They also served raw food, which appeals to Sa'Maku's pallette.

Sitting a comically small table, Sa waits for the new recruits and Ransom to arrive. When they do he offers the obligatory interview question, "What do you bring to the table that makes you worth sharing our money with?"

User avatar
Fiona Gladbrooke
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Power Dump wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:57 pm
Fiona Gladbrooke wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 am
While Center never failed to provide entertaining adventures for her Fiona could tell it was time to go when she started noticing tails on her. Hastert's boys no doubt. Oh well, time to see if my dear friend Ramson has need of my skills. After hiring a porter to help with her things the changeling places a call to the Remorseless. "Is this the Remorseless? A pleasure to meet you HAL. My name is Fiona Gladbrooke and I would like to speak with your captain please. Yes I'll hold dear." Preping the last of her gear as she does so.

Hal notifies @Ramson Gourdaine of an incomming comm call from one Fiona Gladbrooke.
Power Dump looks at the comms channel to the right of the steering controls at the pilot station. It reads as a private call for Captain Ramson. The souless bio borg mutters a curse and adjusts his black and pink lettered Tittysprinkles beater shirt making sure it covers his nipples. Call for the captain? Fuck that naked simvan. Power Dump shoved a mouthful of space wasp into his mouth and chest clicking on the comm channel.
” Mm...Mmm... Who is this and what do you know of the Code?”. He tried to be pleasant but his lack of manners and grace made him soumd like a cross between a warthog in heat and the shrill barking bats of Rigel II.
She's only briefly startled by the strange voice that picks up the line. Her reply is warm and friendly, "My name is Fiona Gladbrooke, and I am a friend of the Captains, calling to inquire after vacancies on his crew. As to your question, the universe is a busy place with many codes dear. You will have to be more specific."
Fiona Quick stats
Fiona Gladbrooke
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10/15 (11)/21 (12). +1 Coat, +4 (0) armored clothes or + 10 (1) Morphic Armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Uncanny Reflexes, if Fiona is aware of an attack it suffers a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Power Dump » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Power Dump scrunches up his nose as he shoves another handful of space wasp into his mouth. Bits of wasp legs and thoraxes slip out only to be devoured by his chest amalgate. Captain’s friend? Fucks sake. The gunbrother, typically found in the employ of the splugorth mutters over the open comm, ”You sound pretty. I hope you don’t wear clothes. Some days the captain just prances arround in a loin cloth... Something else would be a welcomed sight.”

He holds forth the tattered screen play of Dragonheart so the view finder picks up the front cover of a dragon breathing fire. ” This... The old code. The first code. What do you know of it?”
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
1 Golden
1/3
+1 F and G
+3 Benny Farming
-1 EF on battle
+2 jokers
-1 agility roll
-2 bennies for overcoming Sa’m resistances
-1 benny for damage reroll
-3 bennies for soaks

User avatar
Fiona Gladbrooke
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Power Dump wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm
Power Dump scrunches up his nose as he shoves another handful of space wasp into his mouth. Bits of wasp legs and thoraxes slip out only to be devoured by his chest amalgate. Captain’s friend? Fucks sake. The gunbrother, typically found in the employ of the splugorth mutters over the open comm, ”You sound pretty. I hope you don’t wear clothes. Some days the captain just prances arround in a loin cloth... Something else would be a welcomed sight.”

He holds forth the tattered screen play of Dragonheart so the view finder picks up the front cover of a dragon breathing fire. ” This... The old code. The first code. What do you know of it?”
Her laughter is sweet and clear like a summer rain, "I usually am pretty and, sorry to disappoint, but I also usually wear clothes. Not that I'm shy just they're terribly useful, what with pockets and armored reinforcement." Looking over his book she is stumped not being well versed in ancient warrior codes. "I'm sorry but I am not familiar with your Code, Mr.?...." Her tone conveys respect despite ignorance
Fiona Quick stats
Fiona Gladbrooke
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10/15 (11)/21 (12). +1 Coat, +4 (0) armored clothes or + 10 (1) Morphic Armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Uncanny Reflexes, if Fiona is aware of an attack it suffers a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:06 pm

At this point, Ramson's voice comes on the line. "Yo, Power Dump, maybe you could let me answer my own calls? Fiona's good people, reliable in a situation--and she just might have the skillset we need for this current job. So yes, Fiona, we've got a job for you. Don't mind Peedee, he just really likes to share his love of ancient earth texts. Or text, in this case, don't think I've ever seen him read anything else, offhand. Anywho, if you can handle a bit of strangeness, come aboard and we'll fill you in on what the job is. Best not to be discussed on an open channel. Transmitting the boarding code now." Doing so, Ramson signs off, getting dressed.

Man, Fiona Gladbrooke. Ain't seen her since we the last two survivors on the Kordak IV safari. Smart lady. Dangerous, but smart. Good times....
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Fiona Gladbrooke
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:57 pm

As she's heading to the remorseless Fiona gets a message about an interview. I suppose I can't blame his crew for wanting to know who being brought into the fold On arriving at the dessignated location she sends the goffer ahead to the ship with her things fully confident that she will be following shortly.
Sa’Maku wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 pm
Izakaya Pub
With a new recruit on the hook Sa'Maku hooked up with Ransom, who also had an old contact looking for work. A couple of fresh faces might help pull one over on the crew of the Sovereign.

Sa'Maku selected the Izakaya because it was run by an old Oni. The Oni people had a reputation for velour and honor that appealed to the Seljuk. The place was done up in Oni (oriental) decor with fancy calligraphy, flowing fountains, and small tables. They also served raw food, which appeals to Sa'Maku's pallette.

Sitting a comically small table, Sa waits for the new recruits and Ransom to arrive. When they do he offers the obligatory interview question, "What do you bring to the table that makes you worth sharing our money with?"
The question is greeted with a smile that says it was not only expected, but welcome, and aren't you clever for asking it. "Well, Sa'Maku was it?" Her inflection is flawless Seljuk "I am marvelously skilled at convincing people to do what I want and tell me what I need to know. I speak literally thousands of languages and know dozens of cultures well enough to infiltrate them seamlessly. This is aided by my peoples natural abilities." Her form shifts, first to a that of a female Seljuk (including size), then to a male dwarf, then back to herself. "If persuasion fails.." "I can take the information telepathically from the target" She smiles sweetly after the telepathic finish to the sentence, then continues. "I am also more than passable at stealth infiltration and hacking."
Fiona Quick stats
Fiona Gladbrooke
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10/15 (11)/21 (12). +1 Coat, +4 (0) armored clothes or + 10 (1) Morphic Armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Uncanny Reflexes, if Fiona is aware of an attack it suffers a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Kharis » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Sa’Maku wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Sitting a comically small table, Sa waits for the new recruits and Ransom to arrive. When they do he offers the obligatory interview question, "What do you bring to the table that makes you worth sharing our money with?"
Waiting for @Fiona Gladbrooke's (rather impressive) display to be finished. Kharis shifts in his chair and says, "I am Helka Ohtar, Sa. You need further reason?"

Aloof
He is Aloof as a racial feature (which plays kind of like the Stubborn Hindrance) wherein they are aloof and self-assured. This would be a perfectly reasonable response from his point of view.

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Power Dump » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Somewhere outside the Pub as the interview starts.
Power Dump looks at the pub oft in the distance. He grins at Miss Otter and points to the too used bright yellow micro buss(hover edition) with the top chopped and flames painted on the side. He adjusts his white with pink lettering titty sprinkle beater so it stops chafing his nips and chest amalgate. Even though he was soulless he liked to laugh with the same pitch and cadence as anyone.
” Well Miss Otter what do you say we lift our ride and soar over the pub dropping in with our special brand of hello?”

He frowns double checking to see if the vehicle was already stolen because once they jumped out it would explode in spectacular fashion. Yup already Hotwired. He stole a horse it died, it’s honorable to resteal a vehicle and explode it.”
@Death Otter
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
1 Golden
1/3
+1 F and G
+3 Benny Farming
-1 EF on battle
+2 jokers
-1 agility roll
-2 bennies for overcoming Sa’m resistances
-1 benny for damage reroll
-3 bennies for soaks

Post Reply

Return to “Phase World On the Job”