Signature Heavy Equipment

The place for proposals for Custom Races, Edges, Hindrances, Trappings, TW Modifications, and Iconic Frame Works

Also See Community Projects.
Forum rules
New Procedures

1. Have all the lead-up discussion and inquiry in the "Community Projects" Forum. If general agreement is reached there, formalize the idea as a proposal.
2. All GMs will vote yay or nay. Administrator has veto rights and also breaks ties.
3. Even proposals that are allowed are subject to editing by the Administrator or GMs.
4. Anyone may comment on a proposed rule.
5. Less is more: Players are reminded that when in doubt, renaming or retrapping is always better than new rules.
6. If the proposal only applies to a very limited case (one PC/player) then take it up with your GM. This forum is for rules which will be adopted site wide. Frame proposals with that in mind.
7. New rule: Disagree but propose an alternative. People work hard to write these things and think them through, it is up to those of us with alternate views to present them with as much consideration.

Power Armor, Robot Armor and vehicles may be chosen as Signature Items if--

Poll ended at Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:43 am

--the PC is from an IF that explicitly lists the desired item as part of its features.
10%
--the PC is from an IF that explicitly lists the desired item, OR acquired it from a Fortune & Glory roll, or who took Rich as part of their free PCO Edges.
30%
--the PC is from an IF that explicitly lists the desired item, OR acquired it from a Fortune & Glory roll, or took Rich as one of their creation Edges*.
No votes
--the PC is from an IF that explicitly lists the desired item, OR acquired it from a Fortune & Glory roll, OR took Rich as either one of their creation Edges* or through an HJ roll for a free Background Edge.
60%

Total votes: 10

Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Signature Heavy Equipment

Post by Freemage » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:43 am

*: "Creation Edges" here refers to the following: the Edges you can take for being human, and in exchange for Hindrances, and for the MARS PCO "any Edge" choice. It does not apply to Edges taken as part of MARS advancement tracks or HJ table rolls.

Since the very real possibility is that no one item will get a majority vote, I'm going to suggest we start counting from the bottom of the list up, and wherever we get to a majority of the final tally is where we actually stop counting.

FREX: If the vote is 3 for A, 3 for B, 3 for C, and 1 for D, we would count 1+3+3, at which point we have a majority, and B would take the victory lap.

Pursuit
Game Master

Re: Signature Heavy Equipment

Post by Pursuit » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am

Is the “as long as they own it” option meant to have been left off?

Edit: I see from the prior thread that this was intentional. I'm not sure I agree with the logic, but then I did ask someone else to make the poll for this one.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm

And if a character takes Rich but not at character generation? Is that disallowed?

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Edit: Never mind.

I voted 2
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 8
  • +8 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 6
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 8
  • +7 Players
    +1 Sidekicks
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:36 pm

I approve the name change.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Freemage » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Pursuit wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm
And if a character takes Rich but not at character generation? Is that disallowed?
Yes, it is disallowed, because the difference between that and a purchased or salvaged vehicle (again, eliminated option) is trivial.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Freemage wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Pursuit wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm
Yes, it is disallowed, because the difference between that and a purchased or salvaged vehicle (again, eliminated option) is trivial.
I’d quibble with the idea that it’s trivial; choosing the Rich Edge uses up an Advance, which can take a quarter or longer to earn and represents a very real opportunity cost.

I also don’t see a compelling distinction between using Rich at character creation (Great! You qualify!) and using it for your 5 XP Advance (Sorry! No Signature Vehicle for you!). Seems on the arbitrary end of the scale. If we’re going to allow Rich, I’d prefer it just be allowed.

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:00 am

@Pursuit
As a note, while I am in the camp of 99% against Rich being used to justify a Signature Vehicle, no matter when selected. I would point out that Rich selected at creation does burn one of those vital and amazing Born a Hero edge options. so it does have a lighter weight when selected later in the carrier of a character.
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 8
  • +8 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 6
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 8
  • +7 Players
    +1 Sidekicks
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am

RFT wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:00 am
@Pursuit
As a note, while I am in the camp of 99% against Rich being used to justify a Signature Vehicle, no matter when selected. I would point out that Rich selected at creation does burn one of those vital and amazing Born a Hero edge options. so it does have a lighter weight when selected later in the carrier of a character.
There’s no good narrative justification for the difference, though. And, though I will freely admit to taking advantage of the Born a Hero Setting Rule, I could honestly take or leave it. I don’t think I find it quite as awesome as some others do (which is fine; it just doesn’t move the needle as much for me).

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 am

Voted for the last option, as it is the least objectionable in my view. I still don’t buy this logic.

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:46 am

Pursuit wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 am
Voted for the last option, as it is the least objectionable in my view. I still don’t buy this logic.
Let's go with the voted option. This is basically for spending EP.

Pursuit, for gear acquired during game play or even via the Rich edge after creation, nothing is stopping a GM from souping it up with the player like we're doing in the 1st SET right now during downtime. So in some ways this covers all the bases.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

Return to “Savage Rifts House Rule Proposals”