Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Adventures and antics of the Joker's Jokers.
Post Reply
User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:26 am

Leaving the small community to heal, the Jokers continue on your survey mission. The rest of it seems to be going fairly smoothly. You've now crossed the river at the northernmost point of the survey grid, and are now working your way south along the west bank, as before moving a few miles inland each day, then zig-zagging back. As you travel southward, you note that there's a Ley Line far to the west, angling in towards you; it looks like you'll be brushing up against it as you get to the end of the grid. Furthermore, you see a second line, running at an angle--it looks like you'll be at least close to a Nexus as you finish up; it may even be in your grid area.
Superfine Ley Line Map
The purple area is the area you've been mapping out; the southwest corner is where the Ley Lines appear to meet.
Superfine Ley Line.jpg
However, about a day's journey from that point, you've pulled over at a small town to get some supplies and maybe a fresh meal (or even a drink), when a young woman approaches your table. She is oddly dressed--it looks like the dress she wears was once very fine, but it is filthy with dust and caked on mud. "Excuse me, please. They say you folks are with some group called the Legion of Tomorrow or somesuch, and that you're here helping people in need? I have desperate need for your assistance."

Upon being permitted to speak, her story comes out all in a piece. "My name is Alicia Farnsworth. I am part of a group of escaped slaves, from Atlantis. We managed to arrange a deal with the Underground Railroad to get us out. One of us had a relative on the continent, who made the arrangements to pay for it, you see. Well, the smugglers held up their end of the bargain and got us out, but Aldus--that's the man who hired them--was waylaid on his way to make payment, and while he survived, he was robbed of everything. Things... didn't go well after that. The smugglers--coyotes, they're called--refused to release us if they weren't getting paid; said they would put us to work for themselves, or sell us off again to recoup the cost. They agreed to let me go to try to raise the money--I do have some family I was able to contact, you see. But I've only been able to get a fraction of the price, and time is running out."

She gives a small sob. "I swear, we will pay them the full amount, as we are able. We genuinely owe them for getting us out of that horrible place. But it is such a large sum, I just can't gather it in time. I need someone capable to negotiate for us--we just need time to earn the money, or find some way for the rest of the people to be released without being sold off back into slavery; I think, after coming so close to being free, that would break many of them."

She takes a small breath, then continues. "I will be honest, if I thought there was a way, I would ask you to use force, but... you see, to get us out of Atlantis, they used a Rift. That took us to a waypoint; I do not know where that holding facility actually is. Then they opened a second Rift here when I told them about my family--it was as close as they could get me to home. They released me, and gave me two weeks. That comes up in two days. I have to meet them at the Nexus then, or they will start... I only have a quarter of what we owe."
We would be honored to help
She explains that the leader of the coyotes is a D'norr Devilman who is apparently called Boss Garlan. He has a small crew with him:
  • Savati, a human who was responsible for actually opening the Rifts; he also seems to be some sort of accountant/advisor to Boss Garlan.
  • Seth, a human cyborg, who serves as the head of Garlan's muscle
  • A trio of Grackletooths, named Gog, Magog and Lillitu
She is to signal them with a small radio they gave her--she suggests that letting the crew know they are coming is probably a good idea, as "They don't seem the sort to like surprises."

She has managed to raise around 200,000, but the full charge for 40 refugees was meant to be 2 million!
Too bad, so sad, not our problem.
She heads off sadly, never to be seen again. Also, anyone with Heroic loses all their bennies, because seriously, what the f**k, hero?

User avatar
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Echo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:51 am

Eco listens to the womans story nodding. When she is done Echo moves forward and hugs her. "Of course we will help. We will do everything we can."

Looking to the team she sys. "We will need to see how willing they are to negotiation. Sometimes people like this change the prices, and we don't want anyone hurt."
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2


Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand


Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

    49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

    48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.


GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Herra
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Lay of the Land

Post by Herra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:55 am

At first Herra suspects a scam but as she listens it turns out Alicia Farnsworth's story is too closely linked to her own for mind melter to ignore. Coyotes who could smuggle people out of Atlantis were valuable, even if they were scum for charging so much for it. In some ways they were just a parasitic organism to the Splugorth themselves. Profiting off misery and preying on hope.

"We will assist you," Herra responds speaking boldly for the group even though she is not in charge. "If they cannot be reasoned with then I am sure Jacob and Sasha can find other means of persuasion. Arrange the meeting."

Looking to the others Herra shrugs, "I have escaped a similar fate and found a place in this legion, and a family on this continent. If we can do that same for her then we should. Violence may not be necessary. People who know how to rescue salves from Atlantis could be contacts for the legion...unless they are no worse than slavers themselves. In which case i will cause them to lose control of bodily functions."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:51 am

Ozzati shakes his head These guys really know how to get into trouble. Seems the enire area is riddled with slaves.

Not one to take his liberty and freedom for nothing, Ozzati pipes up. "Any considerations of what to do with that Forager?"

When he is near the team only or maybe just @SnackHappy and @Herra, "These coyotes base of operation would fetch a high price, to say the denizens of Atlantis, yes?"

"We could customize a trans-dimensional homing beacon to fit on the Forager. Utilizing the lady's radio, we could acquire coordinates that would allow us to pin point the coyotes location."

"Just saying we could come to a meeting with mcuh greater leverage."

Ozzati heads off to review the digital information on the Forager to see where he might locate a tracking device.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:01 pm

Alicia gratefully and tearfully makes radio contact, where the rest of you can hear the conversation. It's fairly short; she explains that she has partial payment, and wishes to have the assistance of negotiators to handle the discussion. The voice at the other end--a soft, cultured and urbane male--replies. "That will be fine; we'd genuinely prefer to come to some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement. As we promised, all of your associates have been well cared-for. And professionals are often able to make things run more smoothly, so that is certainly fine. You and your friends are welcome to come to the Crossroads Casino at noon. Naturally, this is to be a friendly meeting which meets the standards of professional etiquette. I will make sure one of your associates is there, just so they can confirm that the others are doing well."

Asking around, you learn that the Crossroads Casino is actually located on one of those Ley Lines you've observed, near the Nexus. Noon is earlier than they normally open, though, so it will probably be cleared for this meeting.
Streetwise, anyone
Success: Okay, this is so very, very Black Market. "Friendly meeting/professional etiquette", in particular, is common language--it explicitly means, "No weapons in the room, on either side of the discussion".

Raise: Okay, they use Rifts to run people-moving. These guys are almost certainly from the Immaterial Hand 'family' of the Market. Mercenary, but they will uphold any deal they make, at least.

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Freemage wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:01 pm
Alicia gratefully and tearfully makes radio contact, where the rest of you can hear the conversation. It's fairly short; she explains that she has partial payment, and wishes to have the assistance of negotiators to handle the discussion. The voice at the other end--a soft, cultured and urbane male--replies. "That will be fine; we'd genuinely prefer to come to some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement. As we promised, all of your associates have been well cared-for. And professionals are often able to make things run more smoothly, so that is certainly fine. You and your friends are welcome to come to the Crossroads Casino at noon. Naturally, this is to be a friendly meeting which meets the standards of professional etiquette. I will make sure one of your associates is there, just so they can confirm that the others are doing well."

Asking around, you learn that the Crossroads Casino is actually located on one of those Ley Lines you've observed, near the Nexus. Noon is earlier than they normally open, though, so it will probably be cleared for this meeting.
Streetwise, anyone
Success: Okay, this is so very, very Black Market. "Friendly meeting/professional etiquette", in particular, is common language--it explicitly means, "No weapons in the room, on either side of the discussion".

Raise: Okay, they use Rifts to run people-moving. These guys are almost certainly from the Invisible Hand 'family' of the Market. Mercenary, but they will uphold any deal they make, at least.
Talking Stone _
Streetwise 13
  • Streetwise 1d6 = 5: 5
  • Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
    Benny for Extra Effort (2 of 3 remaining)
  • EE 1d6 = 6: 6
  • Aced! EE 1d6+6 = 8: 2
The big blue weirdo begins asking around about the Crossroads Casino and is surprised to turn up details about the Black Market, although it is not advertised in big flashing lights as such. These conversations have Ozzati's curiousity and he prusues the leads until the information runs dry.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Henry_Price
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Henry_Price » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:09 am

"Why don't we see if they'll take the forager thing in trade?"
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:34 pm

As you discuss options, the Jokers also engage in some basic tactics. Henry and Ozzati will be able to charge up from the Ley Line well before you get there, so will be full of PPE--useful in a 'no weapons' meeting, certainly.

In addition, you have multiple Clairvoyants, so you're able to get a good scan of the area.

There is a large front room with a stage, tables and chairs for people watching the show, and a couple of long banquet tables along the north wall. South of that room are the gaming tables--the usual mix of card and dice games along with roulette tables, nothing fancy.

In the back, there's a storage room filled with liquor, another filled with various supplies a kitchen, and a business office. The upper floor consists of what are apparently staff bedrooms-they appear to have rooms for a dozen game-tenders, a couple pit bosses, several waitstaff and a larger suite that apparently is for the singer/piano player team.
First Floor Map
Casino.png

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 am

The Crossroads Casino is, as the name implies, almost directly beneath the Nexus of the two Ley Lines running through south-central South Dakota. A small community surrounds the casino, mostly ancillary businesses, and then residences further out, still--though there's a good bit of bare land surrounding it on all sides before any any other buildings pop up, and few other buildings directly beneath either Ley Line. Still, the casino itself seems to be in excellent condition, suggesting it does a booming business.

As the Jokers arrive, you see a lone, heavily armored figure out front (a C&S Crusader suit, to be precise), leaning casually next to the casino's front entrance. His large frame has a large chainsword on his back and an ion blaster on his hip, but instead of hovering ready for a draw, he simply gives a languid wave when he sees you, and motions towards the outer edge of the open space--clearly, that's where you're meant to park the Creeper and Sasha. Alicia tells you inside the Creeper that that's Seth, the cyborg muscle.

Doing a last-moment scrying tells you that inside are three Grackletooths, a D'norr, and... two identical humans, presumably one a mirror image of the other. There isn't anyone else in the building at this time.

As you get closer, the man gives a friendly, casual nod. "No weapons inside, folks. I'll be going in through the back once you're all inside, and leave my sword and gun in one of the back rooms. Friendly meeting, after all."

Chok'lat looks at the set-up and gets on the radio. "Boss Snack, Chok'lat not trust these guys with our vehicles. Chok'lat stay here, in case trouble starts, just radio and I come in guns blazing."
Instructions
Tapping the Ley Line
Anyone with the ability to do so may be at double their normal PPE.
Psychic Sense is at -4 due to the presence of the Ley Line.

Weapons Check
EVERYONE has to declare in a post here:

1: Stay outside, in which case you're told to go wait by the vehicles, which in turn are about 50" from the casino entrance.
2: Go inside, leaving all carried weapons of any sort in the vehicles. Declare where you're going to be sitting (use the map identify a square.)
3: Go inside, attempting to smuggle a weapon into the meeting. Declare where you're going to be sitting (use the map to identify a square.)

To decide where you're sitting, the longer table along the north wall is where negotiations will be taking place,a nd the trio of Grackles have claimed the round table just south of that. People can participate in the negotiations at the long table, can lift a glass with the Grackles, or can just take a seat somewhere in the room.

(And I'm leaving Chok'lat outside for Christian's convenience, again. Having him on vehicle guard-duty works pretty well--no one can just waltz up and steal something.)

Smuggling Weapons
Make a Stealth roll with the following modifiers:

Attempting to smuggle in a Vibro-knife or pistol: -2.
Attempting to smuggle in a one-handed melee weapon larger than a knife: -4
Attempting to smuggle in a two-handed weapon of any sort: -6

Putting the weapon someplace inaccessible (2d4 rounds to retrieve, rolled when you first make the attempt to do so, -1 if you have Quick Draw):+2
Putting the weapon someplace awkward (1 full round to draw, or one action with Quickdraw): No modifier
Putting the weapon where it is easily drawn with normal rules: -2

Activating Powers
You can do this before getting out of the vehicles. However, given the time it takes to get from the vehicles to the entrance, plus be examined before being allowed into the building, any and all "rounds" powers will be in Maintenance. Make your rolls here for all prep spells. Naturally, any Power that obviously emulates a weapon (damage field, or smite on your hands or teeth, for instance) is a no-go.

Casing the joint
EVERYONE should roll Notice, for when you're looking around as you enter. I've added a map below that shows where the Black Market crew are located inside the building; Seth is currently outside with all of you. Yes, there are two Savatis, confirmed with Clairvoyance before entering.

User avatar
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Echo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:12 am

Echo accepts the terms and decides it is not worth risking the negotiations to sneak in a weapon.

Ech does her best to examine the room as she enters looking for dangers or concealed weapons on the others.

Notice 50, Conceal Arcana Non-raise, sits in B24
Sits in B24
Notice 1d12+4 = 16: 12 Ace 1d12+16 = 28: 12 Ace aced 1d12+28 = 40: 12 Aced, ace, aced 1d12+40 = 50: 10
Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3

Conceal Arcana
Spirit 1d12+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Extra Effort 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2


Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand


Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

    49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

    48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.


GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Growler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:07 pm

Notice
Notice: 1d8 (Possible +2 if Scent,-4 if Detect Magic)
  • Notice: 1d8 = 1: 1
    Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
    Result: 2 - Fail unless Scent Applies and no Detect Magic
Stashing all of his weapons in Sasha with SnackHappy's, Growler makes his way into the meeting. He flashes a BIG toothy grin at the people in the casino.

"No weapons on me, except what I was given by my creators."

"I am sure they are meaning to ambush us, but knowing that, we can turn the ambush back on them. They will not expect all that we can bring to bear even without our weapons."

Making his way into Y32, Growler keeps his eyes and nose open for danger.
Last edited by Growler on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Growler
Main Character: Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber
Charisma: -2 (-4/-6); Pace: 10 [13] (d12) ; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19 (8)
ISP: 30 / 30

Active Powers:
Quickness with Jazz

Bennies: 0/3
[list]Base Amount
-1 due Extra Effort on Assassin
-1 due Extra Effort on Quickness vs. Soul Catcher Demons
-1 due Extra Effort on Shooting to hit Soul Catcher Demon
[ooc]Skills
[list][*]Notice: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 for Traps)
[*]Survival: 1d8 (+2 With Woodsman)
[*]Tracking: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 in Wilderness)
[*]Stealth 1d10 (+2 in Wilderness or Urban)
[*]Fighting: 1d12
[*]Shooting: 1d12
[*]Knowledge (Arcana): 1d4
[*]Psionics: 1d8
[*]Intimidation: 1d6
[*]Taunt: 1d6[/list]

Abilities
[list][*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 ISP/5 Minutes)
[*]Slow Regeneration (Natural Healing Roll Each Day)
[*]+4 vs. Fear, Mind Control, and Magic
[*]+2 for Fighting, Shooting, and Throwing rolls, but only to offset Called Shot penalties[/list]

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature[/ooc]

User avatar
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by SnackHappy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:11 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Overconfidently bringing no weapons.
Sitting at D23 (assuming that's the front side of the table.)
Contemplating Alicia’s story it does sound like a trap. Hera has mentioned her journey from Atlantis and it was very similar. Jacob nods his agreement at the comments from Hera. Slaves were a soft spot for her and he knows it. Graciously Jacob allows Hera to take the lead on this one.

When Ozzati approaches them asking about selling the location of the coyotes Jacob frowns a bit as he responds, “While they may be trying to make a profit on others suffering they are helping those who can afford it get away from a life of slavery. I do not see the honor in selling information on their base. I am not entirely against the bluff but should they call us on it I do not think it would be right. As for the forager I do agree that is probably our best bargaining chip. Perhaps it is good enough that Alicia can keep her money so she can help the refugees get settled. I believe if we go in unarmed we need to definitely do all the magic scouting and such we can to find out more about the location.”


At the Casino. Jacob takes his weapons and stashes them in Sasha along with weapons everyone else wanted stored and climbed down. Glancing around he takes in what he can from his surroundings. “Good idea Chok. Someone should watch our stuff” Jacob boldly strides at the front of the group making his way to the negotiation table before sitting down and grabbing a drink.
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers

User avatar
Henry_Price
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Henry_Price » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:50 pm

Notice 10
Notice 1d4+2 = 4: 2
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Henry walks in after putting his Shard pistol (and Shadow Cloak, but only if they ask him to leave the cloak) back with Chok'Lat. He finds a place to sit with a good view of the room (J28).
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Once the layout of the Casino is described, Ozzati determines to find his way over to the piano. Someone one told him that a person could rock out on a piano but Ozzati at the time was thinking soul.

His TK Revolver and Deacon's Shard Pistol (assuming no one else has claimed it) both get handed to Chok'lat. Ozzati trusts the multi armed member of the team more than anyone else.

The constant swirl of stones and rocks he stops and has them adhere themselves to his outfit. Passing by the Cyborg he nods and heads to the piano (not an electric keyboard) at F12.

While people are getting settled, Ozzati begins playing a quiet medly of typical Lounge Lizard Favorites.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Sara Turner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Sara Turner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:06 am

Streetwise 5
Streetwise 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Notice 3
Notice 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Telepathy 6
Psionics 1d12 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Benny to reroll
Psionics 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Crossroads Casino
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara eyed the cyborg out front of the casino. Then she tossed her rifle and impact hammer into the Creeper, along with her laser pistol. Then she slowly started to remove all...the...grenades… she wore in her long coat until she stood there only in her Deadboy armor (spray painted, of course, a dark green color) and her long coat. Her mind was her weapon.

Sara walked in, helmet tucked under her arm. She brushed back her long brown hair.

Sara walked over to the bar (T14) and took a seat. “Club soda, please,” she ordered. She turned to watch the negotiation table as she sipped her drink.

Sara reached out with her mind to poke her teammates in the brain. Opening a channel to let us communicate privately without the Black Market knowing, Sara thought out at them.
Telepathy
Opening a private "comm" channel. Feel free to accept it. If not, let me know so I can mark down that you aren't listening.
***

Telepathy (3r)
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Sara Turner wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:06 am
Streetwise 5
Streetwise Original post: 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
Notice 3
Notice Original post: 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3
Telepathy 6
Psionics Original post: 1d12 = 1: 1
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Benny to reroll
Psionics Original post: 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
Crossroads Casino
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara eyed the cyborg out front of the casino. Then she tossed her rifle and impact hammer into the Creeper, along with her laser pistol. Then she slowly started to remove all...the...grenades… she wore in her long coat until she stood there only in her Deadboy armor (spray painted, of course, a dark green color) and her long coat. Her mind was her weapon.

Sara walked in, helmet tucked under her arm. She brushed back her long brown hair.

Sara walked over to the bar (T14) and took a seat. “Club soda, please,” she ordered. She turned to watch the negotiation table as she sipped her drink.

Sara reached out with her mind to poke her teammates in the brain. Opening a channel to let us communicate privately without the Black Market knowing, Sara thought out at them.
Telepathy
Opening a private "comm" channel. Feel free to accept it. If not, let me know so I can mark down that you aren't listening.
***

Telepathy (3r)
Ozzati realizes after @Sara Turner transmits that his helmet is still on and must be very off putting, a large blue weirdo playing the paino with his helmet on. Honestly where were people supposed to put their tips for him? In his wallet?

Ozzati looks towards Sara, nods and continues playing Rock With You. All while turning his helmet over as a bucket for tips.

Hearing You _
Ozzati confirms that he is listening in.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Herra
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Herra » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:44 am

Notice 5
Notice 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Herra breezes past the group at the door and walks into the casino. Seeing their table she promptly seats herself at the head of the team (C22) and grabs a greedy handful of any refreshments laid out.

"Let us begin," she says between mouthfuls.
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Boss Garlan and Savati take seats at the table with Echo, Jacob and Herra, while Alicia takes a seat between Echo and Herra. Those with active magical senses can tell that this Savati is definitely the mirror image clone; the other one that you clairvoyantly spied in the back is most likely the real deal. That said, this mirror image is a bit more stable than the usual variety, requiring significantly less magical energy to maintain than would normally be the case. In addition, there are a number of other effects active, none particularly hostile.
Detect Arcana Details
"Savati" is a Mirror Image created through Summon Ally. Given the innate stability of the spell sustaining him, he's almost certainly a Shifter (since their summons have a longer duration).
In addition, Savati has cast Exalted Darkvision and Exalted Detect Arcana on himself (and his clone); Garlan has cast the same pair of spells on everyone else (himself, the three Grackles and Seth), and also has a Mass Understanding spell up and running.
Echo's Absurd Notice
Okay, some of the rest of you get some of this, but Echo definitely knocked it out of the park.

First off--this casino has a very rustic Old West vibe to it, which is very well-designed to conceal the fact that it's a fortress. You think it'd take a fairly lucky shot by Sasha's railguns to punch through the walls of the joint. You suspect that some of the furnishings are also designed to provide in-room fortifications if someone decided to rush the front door of the place--just tip over one of the tables, and use it for cover, since there's a plate of MDC material running through every one of them.

Seth's armor has some customized bits to it, suggesting that the arm, in particular, is designed to accommodate the use of built-in weaponry of some sort. None of the other folks in the room appears to be carrying firearms or close combat weapons, but he could make the same argument Growler made re: "No weapons but the ones my creators gave me." In addition, his manner is calm, almost detached, but there's a flicker to his eyes that strongly suggests that he's monitoring everyone, and is ready to switch to full-combat mode at the drop of a pin if things start going sideways.

Given the way Savati and Garlan tip their heads at specific moments, you're fairly certain that they know the telepathic communication is happening, but neither man seems particularly bothered by it.

Lillitu, the female Grackletooth has been watching--or possibly 'eyeing' Jacob since he came in. He's pretty sure by their markings that she's Gog and Magog's sister.

The room has several well-concealed videocameras; it's a reasonable guess that the real Savati is watching from the back rooms.
The three Grackles remain where they were seated, and as Ozzati takes a seat and starts playing, the female turns to Jacob. 'Hey, there, what say you and me dance for a bit while the talky stuff happens?" She winks at him.

Meanwhile, Seth comes in through the back door; as promised, he's missing both his chainsword and his ion blaster. He is, however, accompanied by a teenage boy. Seth steps up onto the stage, leans against the wall and just taps his foot to the music, while the boy runs over to Alicia and gives her a hug. They speak quickly in Greek--which, it turns out, everyone at the table seems to understand. The boy's name is Thomas, and he confirms that 'the others' are all well and being treated decently.

The D'norr smiles. "Now this is nice... Wish all my meetings went down this pleasantly." He nods as the remaining Jokers get settled around the room. "Now, the presence of negotiators usually means there's something to negotiate. So, I'm assuming that Miss Farnsworth has not yet managed to secure the funds promised. I understand--sometimes it can be difficult, and other arrangements are necessary. So, what sort of arrangement might we be talking about here?"

And so the negotiations begin in earnest.....
OOC Comments
Okay, so, here's what you're dealing with--note that this discussion does take a fair amount of time:

The total charge for the group of slaves is 2 million credits. You have several options for settling accounts:

1: Pay the man. No roll needed--if you guys can come up with the additional 1.8 million in cash, it's a done deal, and the D'norr is a happy man.

2: Salvage. He is willing to talk salvage options for paying off the remainder of the debt. However, this is a tricky bit--you have to roll Streetwise at -4; for every success/raise, he'll give 5% credit on salvage, however, he's only interested in relatively exotic items--vehicles/robot armor count, but handheld weapons, personal armor and that sort of thing won't cut it unless they're TW or Supertech, above and beyond the TLPG base items. Other PCs can roll to aid this roll, using Persuasion (straight roll) or Intimidation (-4, and don't Critfail or things go bad). Max aid bonus is +4. If you go over the 1.8 million mark, the excess is lost--Garlan doesn't give change. And he does insist on the 200K Credits Alicia has gathered up.

3: Favors. If you can't generate the total between cash and salvage (or don't wish to do so because of the relatively paltry offer), then he will also take the promise of favors to be named later, instead. A 'minor favor' is worth 50K as a base; the lead negotiator can roll Persuasion to push this to 100K per favor on a success, or 200K on a Raise. Only one minor favor can be offered per person. (So if everyone present agrees, and Echo gets the Persuasion Raise, that's 1,400,000K for the whole group--meaning you only need to come up with 600K, including the 200K from Alicia, in salvage or cash.) Each 'small favor' counts as a Vow (Minor) for that character, which can be resolved by fulfilling the obligation when called upon.
Major Favors are a bigger deal. If everyone present agrees that the Jokers, collectively, owe Boss Garlan a major favor, he smiles and announces that they have a deal. This counts as a Vow (Major) Hindrance, for all of you. It will not be going away after a single task, unless that task is outrageously big. And it's connected to both your individual characters AND the team as a whole--essentially, if someone else is brought into the team, they'll be considered to be under that debt at that time, as well. That said, he doesn't even ask for the 200K Alicia managed to raise, meaning you can let the refugees have those funds to start their new lives.

4: Force the matter. I mean, sure, this is remotely possible, but I can't recommend it. Still, if you guys decide you can't abide by the terms above, well, then, let me know and we'll turn this into combat.

You can communicate via Sarah's telepathy without difficulty; assume that any discussion in the Hangouts can represent this, so no need to talk business out loud.

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:58 pm

As each item is discussed or hinted at, Ozzati's plays a different style of music or specific song to represent his feeling on the contracts options.

Freemage wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm

1: Pay the man. No roll needed--if you guys can come up with the additional 1.8 million in cash, it's a done deal, and the D'norr is a happy man.
Looking towards the D'Norr, Ozzati begins running through scales and chords and as he confirms the ammount owed, Ozzati plays:
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits


Freemage wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm

2: Salvage. He is willing to talk salvage options for paying off the remainder of the debt. However, this is a tricky bit--you have to roll Streetwise at -4; for every success/raise, he'll give 5% credit on salvage, however, he's only interested in relatively exotic items--vehicles/robot armor count, but handheld weapons, personal armor and that sort of thing won't cut it unless they're TW or Supertech, above and beyond the TLPG base items. Other PCs can roll to aid this roll, using Persuasion (straight roll) or Intimidation (-4, and don't Critfail or things go bad). Max aid bonus is +4. If you go over the 1.8 million mark, the excess is lost--Garlan doesn't give change. And he does insist on the 200K Credits Alicia has gathered up.
At the mention of Salvage, Ozzati recalls the few pieces of equipment he has seen the 7th hauling around or that they had transported. Ozzati plays this tune way upbeat.
Take Me Home Country Roads - John Denver


Freemage wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm

3: Favors. If you can't generate the total between cash and salvage (or don't wish to do so because of the relatively paltry offer), then he will also take the promise of favors to be named later, instead. A 'minor favor' is worth 50K as a base; the lead negotiator can roll Persuasion to push this to 100K per favor on a success, or 200K on a Raise. Only one minor favor can be offered per person. (So if everyone present agrees, and Echo gets the Persuasion Raise, that's 1,400,000K for the whole group--meaning you only need to come up with 600K, including the 200K from Alicia, in salvage or cash.) Each 'small favor' counts as a Vow (Minor) for that character, which can be resolved by fulfilling the obligation when called upon.
Major Favors are a bigger deal. If everyone present agrees that the Jokers, collectively, owe Boss Garlan a major favor, he smiles and announces that they have a deal. This counts as a Vow (Major) Hindrance, for all of you. It will not be going away after a single task, unless that task is outrageously big. And it's connected to both your individual characters AND the team as a whole--essentially, if someone else is brought into the team, they'll be considered to be under that debt at that time, as well. That said, he doesn't even ask for the 200K Alicia managed to raise, meaning you can let the refugees have those funds to start their new lives.
Ozzati honestly has no interest in favors, although the thought of freeing other slaves and captives across the world does intrigue him. His world is kind of small to be honest, but he does not want it smaller by owing someone else a debt that may never be settled.
The Devil Had ARed Dress On - Micheal Martin


Freemage wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm

4: Force the matter. I mean, sure, this is remotely possible, but I can't recommend it. Still, if you guys decide you can't abide by the terms above, well, then, let me know and we'll turn this into combat.
When this idea is even briefly mentioned in thought, Ozzati's hands slip off the keyboard. And he looks down and stares at the keyboard. Ozzati is rather surprised that anyone would even consider risking the hostages lives on a chance that "we might win".
Let the Bodies Hit the Floor - Drowning Pool
This particular piece is punctuated by Ozzatti's rough and gravely bass voice and the odd fact that he knows all the words to the piece.

Following the rather stirring rendition by Ozzati of Drowning Pool's Let the Bosies Hit the Floor, the music returns to a typical lounge lizard fare, suitable for Grackles and anyone else to dance to.


Possibly Relevant Skills _
Streetwise d6
k/Electronics d8
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Sara Turner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Sara Turner » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:36 am

Crossroads Casino
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara listens as the conversation and negotiations go on. She lets the others know she is fine with owing the favors, as long as they have right of refusal. She and Tara had made plenty of questionable alliances in order to get home, doing some unpleasant things for unpleasant entities. She has some credits herself, and knows they have the Forager robot to barter with.

((Sara has a d4 in Streetwise and Persuasion.))

***

Telepathy (3r)
Barrier device
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 33/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 117 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type

User avatar
Herra
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Herra » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Spirit 5, +1 assist
Spirit 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
+2 from Mentalist cancels -2 scene penalty
While the others talk, Herra listens. Or, more accurately, she keeps her senses open. Most humans and other races have tell tale mental signals when they lie or are are attempting obfuscation.

If she gets a bad vibe off of anyone she will use Telepathy to communicate the information to Echo as she undertakes negotations.
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 pm

Ozzati begins running visual images of each of the crew that has seen. Memorizing details and trying to recall if any of them currently have a bounty or are wanted. It is amazing what one can do while playing the piano.

Streetwise 4, +1 _
[*] Streetwise 1d6 = 1: 1
[*] Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:07 pm

Herra senses no deliberate deceit from Garlan--he is totally sincere in whatever bargain he arranges. Seth and the Grackles all seem fairly straightforward, as well. Savati's another matter; there's deceit there, practically sewn into the fiber of his being. Still, it's clear that Boss Garlan is, well, the boss, and whatever deal is hammered out is his call.

No warrants out on this crew, that Ozzati can recall, but he does know that the Immortal Hand have a reasonable reputation--they aren't nice folks by any means, but they generally do stick to their agreements. That said, he does remember one factoid--Garlan, in particular, is notorious for being vengeful in the face of betrayal. Word is that people who double-cross him tend to have short, very eventful lives thereafter. There's even a rumor that he's got an established 'death insurance policy'--he funnels a fraction of all his assets to an account, and if someone actually kills him in a backstabby fashion, the fund is used to pay off the death by torture of the individuals responsible, their loved ones, and so forth.

User avatar
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by SnackHappy » Thu May 02, 2019 9:14 pm

"Well my momma didn't raise no slouch. She always told me if a lady wants to dance you get up and dance." He smiles at the lady grackle as he pushes in his chair. "Ma'am you must like your fellow grackles well fed," as he pats himself on the stomach. "Did I over hear you say something about doing the Tango?" He grabs her hand and walks to the stage. "Hey Ozz, can you play some tango music?"

Mentally: Herra and Echo I am sure you can find us an agreeable point.
OOC Comments
Dancing (Agility): 1d10 = 10: 10 Rolling Ace: 1d10+10 = 15: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Fri May 03, 2019 9:32 am

SnackHappy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:14 pm
"Well my momma didn't raise no slouch. She always told me if a lady wants to dance you get up and dance." He smiles at the lady grackle as he pushes in his chair. "Ma'am you must like your fellow grackles well fed," as he pats himself on the stomach. "Did I over hear you say something about doing the Tango?" He grabs her hand and walks to the stage. "Hey Ozz, can you play some tango music?"

Mentally: Herra and Echo I am sure you can find us an agreeable point.
OOC Comments
Dancing (Agility): Original post: 1d10 = 10: 10 Rolling Ace: Original post: 1d10+10 = 15: 5
Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
"I hope you all don't mind, I need to pull up some back up instruments"

Ozzati pulls out some pre-crafted windup boxes and programs a few new songs into them. Guitar. Violin. Accordian.

Two for Tango

Jealousy

That Grackle has some serious moves.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Growler » Fri May 03, 2019 10:36 am

Looking from his vantage point in the corner, Growler keeps busy scanning for any possible hint of treachery or any danger from a third party.

"Great moves, Pack Leader Snackhappy, but I still think we are a bit too exposed here without our weapons on us. I am looking forward to re-equipping. I almost feel naked without a good weapon with me."
Growler
Main Character: Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber
Charisma: -2 (-4/-6); Pace: 10 [13] (d12) ; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19 (8)
ISP: 30 / 30

Active Powers:
Quickness with Jazz

Bennies: 0/3
[list]Base Amount
-1 due Extra Effort on Assassin
-1 due Extra Effort on Quickness vs. Soul Catcher Demons
-1 due Extra Effort on Shooting to hit Soul Catcher Demon
[ooc]Skills
[list][*]Notice: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 for Traps)
[*]Survival: 1d8 (+2 With Woodsman)
[*]Tracking: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 in Wilderness)
[*]Stealth 1d10 (+2 in Wilderness or Urban)
[*]Fighting: 1d12
[*]Shooting: 1d12
[*]Knowledge (Arcana): 1d4
[*]Psionics: 1d8
[*]Intimidation: 1d6
[*]Taunt: 1d6[/list]

Abilities
[list][*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 ISP/5 Minutes)
[*]Slow Regeneration (Natural Healing Roll Each Day)
[*]+4 vs. Fear, Mind Control, and Magic
[*]+2 for Fighting, Shooting, and Throwing rolls, but only to offset Called Shot penalties[/list]

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature[/ooc]

User avatar
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Echo » Mon May 06, 2019 10:37 am

Persuasion 22 after penalties
Persuasion 1d8+6, Scene -4, Support +3 = 1d8+5
Persuasion 1d8+5 = 8: 3
Wild 1d6+5 = 8: 3

Benny to reroll Elan adds +2
Persuasion 1d8+7 = 8: 1
Wild 1d6+7 = 10: 3

Benny to reroll Elan adds +2
Persuasion 1d8+7 = 15: 8 Ace 1d8+15 = 22: 7
Wild 1d6+7 = 12: 5
Echo begins discussing the arrangement with the crew. When she reveals they have a robot in working order her emphatic abilities instantly lets he know they are interested. Working around the bargain with the smugglers was easy, but Echo's real struggle was getting them to agree that if the exchange is poisoned by betrayal of one of their own the hostages would still be freed.

Once they where able to convince the smugglers of the value of the robot, Echo found they became much more open. Loosing the robot is a little frustrating to Echo as she tried to ensure they could capture it in good condition and the results of loosing it so soon can upset Hera as well. The legion could have fielded another pilot or even used it for defense. But if trading this one thing can save so many it is worth it to save their lives.
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2


Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand


Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

    49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

    48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.


GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Mon May 06, 2019 2:45 pm

The deal is struck. Boss Garlan is, perhaps, a trifle disappointed that he couldn't get anyone to bite on the 'favor' option, but is still quite satisfied with the bargain. He arranges for radio contact with the ferryboat, so that the Jokers can assure the ferrywoman that his men can have the Forager (which, in turn, was delivered dutifully by the CS barge while the Jokers were busy completing the survey and battling Vampires).

As soon as the confirmation occurs, Garlan nods, and gets up, going to the door. He points to a warehouse a bit past the 'clear space' around the Crossroads Casino. "Everyone else in the group is in there. Savati, you know what to do."

The swarthy man who has only spoken in brief murmurs to Garlan during the negotiations nods, and gets on his own radio. "We're pulling out. Unlock the door and then go home." Even from this distance, you can see the door swing open.

Garlan nods. "Go on." He smiles at Alicia and Thomas. "Really, I'm glad it all worked out. Okay, folks, we're out of here, ourselves--got a lot of work to take care of elsewhere, I'm afraid. Everyone, you know your assignments. It's been pleasure doing business with professionals. Seth'll walk you over there, make sure everything's to your satisfaction. I'll be sure to let my associates know you're people who can be dealt with fairly."
Herra
Huh. For perhaps the only time since you started talking to the man, he just lied, specifically on the words, "take care of elsewhere" comment. Strange. Even the rest of his comment about letting everyone go and having enjoyed the negotiation was true--just that one clause....
Lillitu, a bit breathless after the rather amazing tango, grins at Jacob, and slips a napkin in his pocket as the Grackles gather around their boss. Seth, meanwhile, walks up to join you all, apparently content to leave his weapons in the back while taking you to confirm the drop. Savati concentrates for a brief moment, and then he, Garlan and the Grackles all disappear in a kaleidoscope of color.
Knowledge: Arcana
Success: Ley Line Phasing. Presumably to another safe location along the Ley Line.
The Napkin
Contact info. Yeah, she liked that dance, Big Guy.
Seth leads you over to the warehouse. As you start walking, he says, "If you wanna bring your rides over closer to the warehouse, that's fine--otherwise, just go ahead and follow me." Once there you find that the refugees are, indeed, all there, hale and hearty; the room has a small cage surrounding the front door on the inside, that was clearly locked until just recently--it would've been impossible for the refugees to escape through, assuming there was a guard on duty, but they would've been free to walk around the large interior space, which is lined with a large number of cots. Tearful reunion time--lots of hugging, speaking and so forth.

Seth points to some packs along one wall. "Week's worth of rations for everyone in there, along with a couple canteens each. Just enough to get you started." Then he removes the locking mechanisms from both of the cage doors, grinning a bit and winking. "Don't want anyone getting locked in before y'all leave." With that, he tips his armored gauntlet to you all. "Gonna go back and get my gear. Feel free to figure out what you all are going to do, but be advised the Casino's now closed until regular business hours. This place is yours til tomorrow at noon if you need it." With that, he strolls back to the Crossroads, whistling amiably, and firmly shutting the door behind himself.

Alicia and Thomas praise you to the others, stressing how it was your intervention that led to everyone else's freedom. Most of them are dressed in toga-like outfits, clearly their slave-garb from Atlantis. Naturally, the entire lot are happy and rush forward to thank you, a process which takes a few minutes, as everyone is talking over each other. Most of them are human, but there's a about a dozen D-bees and mutant animals in the mix, as well, including a couple of 'exotics'. Talk among them turns to future plans--it's clear none of them had really been able to contemplate beyond this point.
What are you gonna do?
In theory, your obligation ends here. You could wish these folks all the best, and let them make their way from this point on.

Or, you could do some active recruiting--it doesn't take much at all to encourage them to go to Castle Refuge to settle in Hope (and possibly some of them have the right skill- and mind-set to contemplate joining the Legion, proper), though they clearly will need some assistance getting there. It'd probably take a full day's march from here to the ferry--with evening starting to come on, it would most likely be better to wait here than have a bunch of under-equipped civilians bivouac in the wild.


User avatar
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Echo » Mon May 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Echo does not like the idea of hanging out here any longer than needed. Feeding off of as much of the ley line as she can she gets to the others as asks. "Letting these guys go from here will only have them eaten by the first creature to come along. Is there any way we can bring them with us? Maybe I can carry most of them or something? But without Splinters help it means I will not be able to scout."
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2


Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand


Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

    49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

    48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.


GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Henry_Price
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Henry_Price » Mon May 06, 2019 3:28 pm

Henry looks to Echo and nods. "I'll lead them to Castle Refuge."
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.

User avatar
Herra
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Herra » Tue May 07, 2019 4:51 am

Henry_Price wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:28 pm
Henry looks to Echo and nods. "I'll lead them to Castle Refuge."
Herra raises an eyebrow, impressed at Henry's willingness to help those in need. "I believe we should do our best to assist these people. It was the legion who first took me in after my own escape from Atlantis. If we cannot all go perhaps we can support Henry in some way. Are there local mercenaries we can employ to help protect the convoy, or we are here on a ley line, can the legion not send a wizard to transport them via magic?"

She frowns, "I believe we should move these people quickly. I am confident more business unrelated to us will transpire soon and we will not want to be caught in the middle of things."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue May 07, 2019 11:49 am

A quick check will lead to the realization that there's no direct link between your Ley Line and any near Castle Refuge. Guarding the folks as far as the ferry (and then while on the river) is certainly viable. Henry could then oversee their transit to Castle Refuge from the river, maybe taking a different route than Sasha and the Creeper entirely, in order to not get the refugees tangled in SET business.

The refugees are a bit confused about the rush, but don't actually resist the idea of getting moving, starting to grab up their packs of rations (Growler, paranoid as ever, makes certain there are no tracking devices on the packs, and others are able to ensure that no one else is carrying any; Alicia had had a tracking bracelet, but that was removed by Garlan when the bargain was sealed).

User avatar
Sara Turner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Sara Turner » Wed May 08, 2019 4:49 am

Crossroads Casino
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara relaxed as the negotiations concluded successfully. She walked out to the holding pen with the others and offered a bit of comfort to the now freed slaves.

“They are hardly dressed for the weather this time of year,” Sara said. “There was that Fort Hope that we passed coming up the river. It looked like they had a small settlement there. Maybe we could get them there? It is closer than the Castle. But we probably should stay here for the night and set off for the ferry again in the morning. It’s quite a ways.”

***

Barrier device
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type

User avatar
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by SnackHappy » Thu May 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Jacob glances at the note. Its been a long time since he entertained the idea of romance. After so long ago losing Sasha he didn't think about anything but her for so long. If the dance told him anything it was that there might be a chance. He smiled at Lillita as they walked away. Even if that was just fun he thought maybe he could let the idea settle in his mind. He pocketed the note as the group made their way to find the refugees.

"Either way, Herra usually has a sense about these things. If she thinks things are about to go down they probably will. I think we move from here and get these people to the ferry. I can help cover the cost of any sleeping arrangements on the way."
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers

User avatar
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Echo » Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 am

Echo helps make arrangements and set things in order for traveling with the refugees. Listening under direction from the others and even helping direct the refugees them selves to help where they can. Internally Echo is wondering how well Splinter is doing and if she has finished her mission yet, or is on the way back.
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2


Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand


Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

    49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

    48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.


GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Sat May 11, 2019 12:35 am

It takes several minutes to get fully underway--you need to establish a form for the progression of refugees, put those who cannot walk as fast as the rest inside the Creeper, along with their packs and the cots--pretty much forcing the rest of you (other than Sara and Drivebot) to walk outside the Creeper, or perhaps ride on top of it.

Still, you eventually wrangle them into a semblance of order, and start the eastbound hike out of town, towards the river. Your fastest route takes you along the base of a narrow, winding ravine, running almost even with the Ley Line above. However, the ravine also grows dark much faster than you had been expecting, eventually forcing a stop to make camp until dawn. The refugees set up the cots, and set to preparing their rations.

Meanwhile, of course, the SET remains alert to danger--Growler walking along one ravine edge while Jacob jumps Sasha up on the other side to take active scans; Henry and Echo, of course, take to the skies above.

It is, unsurprisingly, Echo who first spots the pursuers--a dark cloud periodically visible as it approaches along the same ravine, clearly following you. It is also clear that it is moving quickly, and will probably overtake the group in short order.

Echo's Eyes Only
Echo, of course, is not completely confounded by the darkness. She may not be able to isolate some details, but she can sense within the cloud the huge barge floating in mid-air, the 7 human-sized figures standing near the edges of the barge (three to each side, one on the bow--the last one feels slightly different), the bulk of a monstrous form at the rear that can only be a Spulgorth Slaver, and then in front of the Slaver, a trio of forms--two human-sized to either side of a massive 15' tall form between them. (So, all told--a Spulgorth and 10 'passengers'.)

If it weren't for Echo being Fearless, you'd have to make a Fear -2 check. Good thing you have been part of fear itself, eh?
Henry
Henry's senses can't pierce the gloom surrounding the craft, but he doesn't need to see inside of it to sense the obscenely powerful supernatural evil radiating from the Barge--or more precisely, from several points on the barge--from Echo's description, the two large figures, and then the two smaller ones near the back, all reek of supernatural malice. The one in the center might actually be worse than the Slaver....

While this is obviously useful intel, it has a downside--Henry has to make a Fear Check at -2 as part of his prep post, below. If he panics, he will spend his prep round fleeing.
The civilians, upon learning that something is coming after them, start to panic, but Chok'lat, of all people, steps up. "All of you listen! Chok'lat joined the Legion because they are the strongest! And The Jokers are the strongest in the Legion! We will keep you safe! The Jokers will take them out; Chok'lat will keep you safe and lead you further away, and if anyone try anything sneaky, Chok'lat take them out, hard." He pauses, as if realizing something. "Um, if that okay with you, Boss?" He turns his head to Sasha, as people start falling into line--apparently, the notion that they're being chased by agents of Atlantis is enough to make even a sub-demon preferable by comparison.
Exalted Detect Arcana
Due to the Ley Line, it's a bit tricky to pinpoint exact effects on the Barge. However, you can definitely tell that there's at least two different Greater Obscure effects on the barge--one with a trapping of simple darkness, the other with an electronic jamming trapping (basically, no piercing the darkness with electronic sensors), out to about 1" around the barge in any given direction.

In addition, there's definitely other magics within the darkness itself. It'll probably be easier to sort out who has what once they emerge.
The Map
GrimGullyRound0.jpg
Round 0 Instructions
Okay, so, you have some prep-time as they're coming through the ravine towards you. There will be no surprise round once things kick off, however.

Everyone can take one round of prep actions. If you take NO prep action, including changing position (see below), you can choose instead to start the combat On Hold--you'll be either up on the Ridge (Growler, Sasha), down near/in the Creeper (Ozzati, Herra, Sara), or airborne, about even with the Creeper but a bit above the ridge-line (Echo, Henry). If you start On Hold, please post your Agility roll for interruptions in your prep-post.

In addition, while the Creeper is pretty much locked to its current location (it could be moved north or south if you wanted to be difficult, but it still will be in the ravine), pretty much everyone and everything else has time to move around a bit (unless you're choosing to start the combat On Hold, per the above).

My default assumption was that Growler and Sasha will be on opposite sides of the ravine, up on the cliffs; Echo and Henry will be airborne; Herra, Sara and Ozzati will be down in or near the Creeper. However, I haven't placed any of you because you've got the option to change that up.

POSITIONING:
The Creeper is where I show it on the map. Everyone else is a little more mobile during the prep time.

Sasha can be in the Ravine, or on either of the cliffs, but needs to be roughly even with the Creeper to start (if Sasha were further forward, they'd still start the engagement at the same distance).

Human-sized characters, though, can attempt to be closer, if you are up on either ridge, looking to snipe. If you wish to do this, when you post, make a Stealth roll, TN 4, with no situational modifiers (invisibility will not help, here). Check the outcomes listed below to determine the maximum distance forward you can move to prior to the fight starting:

Failure: Column 47
Success: Column 37
Raise: Column 20

Once everyone has posted their position info, and any prep actions (or declared going On Hold), we'll get down to Round 1 Initiative.

User avatar
Henry_Price
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Henry_Price » Sat May 11, 2019 7:00 am

OOC Comments
Fear check
Spirit 1d8-2 = 2: 4
Wild Die 1d6 = 3: 3 -2=1
Extra Effort 1d6 = 3: 3

Exalted Detect Arcana (in Raven form)
Notice 1d12+6 = 10: 4
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5

Invisibility (-2 MAP +2 from Armor)

Mysticism 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2
Last edited by Henry_Price on Mon May 13, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.

User avatar
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Echo » Sat May 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Location CC37
Stealth includes bonus from Cloak (which may not apply), MAP -2 included
LOCATION CC37
Stealth 1d12+4 = 5: 1
Wild 1d6+4 = 5: 1




Conceal Arcana Spirit d12+2, MAP -2
Spirit 1d12 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
After Echo communicates the situation to the others she looks ahead for the area the slavers will catch up to them. Flying down she finds a good place to wait with the snipers shaping the earth into full cocoon with an opening only for her sniper fire she waits ready to fire.

But the earth at the embankment Echo chose was not meant for such manipulations as the natural fracture in the stone gave out, falling the the ravine bellow, Echo did all she could to grab onto the ledge and scramble up. Clearly seen for thousands of feet in every direction.

OOC Comments
Critical Failure, so I assumed she not only drew all the attention to herself, she cannot be prone as intended. Big Fat Target.
:(
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2


Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand


Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

    49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

    48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.


GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Sara Turner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Sara Turner » Sun May 12, 2019 4:33 am

Telemechanics 6
-2 MAP
Psionics 1d12-2 = 6: 8
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Greater Smite, TK trapping 9, Raise
-2 MAP
Psionics 1d12-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Benny to reroll
Psionics 1d12-2 = 9: 11
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Crossroads Casino
Afternoon
Round 0

“Company,” Sara muttered. “Slavers.” It was little comfort to know they would not really want her. There were plenty of biologics here for them to take. “Swing us around to bring weapons to bear,” Sara told Drivebot.

Then she reached out with her mind for the controls of the Creeper once more, getting used to the feel of the vehicles electronics, pumping telekinetic power to the heavy rail guns.

***

Greater Smite: +8 MD (3r)
Telemechanics: +4 to use the Creeper systems (3r)
Barrier device
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type

User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Growler » Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Round 0
Turn 1
Psionics (+2 due spending 4 extra ISP) for Quickness and move up out of the ravine until just below its crest.
  • Psionics: 1d8+2 = 8: 6
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 6: 4
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
    • This power grants incredible swiftness to the recipient. With success the target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. With the raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round. Pace now 15, Agility d12.
    • 9 ISP total
Turn 2
Move along the ravine away from the incoming darkness cloud while going into hiding in a place he can see both the incoming darkness cloud and our vehicles (Stealth d10 --> d12+2 (Cloak), +2 due Woodsman --> d12+4)
  • Stealth: 1d12+4 = 11: 7
    Wild: 1d6+4 = 7: 3
    Result: 11 on Opposed Roll
Information on Slavers
Knowledge: Arcane
  • Knowledge: 1d4 = 1: 1
    Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
    Result: 4 - Success
Survival (+2 due Woodsman)
  • Survival: 1d8+2 = 6: 4
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 6: 4
    Result: 6 - Success
Drawing upon his inner strength, Growler slows down his perception of time as the energy flows through him. Slowly making his way to just shy of the crest, Growler then hides as he moves along the ridge top to EE61, abeam of the Creeper. Keeping an eye on the incoming darkness as well as the Creeper and SnackHappy's Gunwolf, Growler grips his Gamma Rifle as he waits.
Last edited by Growler on Mon May 13, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Growler
Main Character: Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber
Charisma: -2 (-4/-6); Pace: 10 [13] (d12) ; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19 (8)
ISP: 30 / 30

Active Powers:
Quickness with Jazz

Bennies: 0/3
[list]Base Amount
-1 due Extra Effort on Assassin
-1 due Extra Effort on Quickness vs. Soul Catcher Demons
-1 due Extra Effort on Shooting to hit Soul Catcher Demon
[ooc]Skills
[list][*]Notice: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 for Traps)
[*]Survival: 1d8 (+2 With Woodsman)
[*]Tracking: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 in Wilderness)
[*]Stealth 1d10 (+2 in Wilderness or Urban)
[*]Fighting: 1d12
[*]Shooting: 1d12
[*]Knowledge (Arcana): 1d4
[*]Psionics: 1d8
[*]Intimidation: 1d6
[*]Taunt: 1d6[/list]

Abilities
[list][*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 ISP/5 Minutes)
[*]Slow Regeneration (Natural Healing Roll Each Day)
[*]+4 vs. Fear, Mind Control, and Magic
[*]+2 for Fighting, Shooting, and Throwing rolls, but only to offset Called Shot penalties[/list]

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature[/ooc]

User avatar
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by SnackHappy » Mon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm

"Yes Chok'lat. Their safety is number one priority. Ibelieve using the ridge to our advantage we should be able to hold them off. If someone can please shut off that damn darkness on them so we can show them what Sasha can do!"

Up on the southern ridge overlooking the field, Jacob waits inside Sasha and throws in the first track over his loudspeakers. Totally unafraid of calling out the enemy.
Agility 8, Battle 5, and Track
Knowledge: Battle: 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
Benny to reroll.
Battle: 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5

Agility: 1d10 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 8: 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-lAWZBHHgw
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Mon May 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Ozzati was disappointed when business had concluded at the Casino. He really liked the time to sit back and relax. Playing music was therapuetic and helped him to forgot about the cruelty and malice in the world.

He realy had nothing to say when they had loaded up the cots and food and left. What was there that he could do but ease some of the travel burdens. He did search for any of his kind, just hoping that he was not the only one in North America.

Traveling the Ley Line had been great. The energy crackled and burned his exposed skin. His PPE supply was filled and he was in such good spirits that he regularly would whistle and make the rocks sing along with him.

Then the warning had come and Ozzati thought, Well I guess the Slavers came back for their property.

Ozzati had moved his way alongside the Creeper at X61.

Through his helmet, Ozzati was able to see through the obscurement. Each individual on the barge was as clear as day to him. The comm chatter coming back from the Jokers said that they were having less usccess.

Extending his hand, he placed the flat of his right palm on the Creeper. Extending his ability to speak with machines through his hand. From his Helmet there extended a corded wire that descended down his neck across his right shoulder and down his arm to the hand currently touching the Creeper.

@Sara Turner "I am not sure if the information I will be feeding to you, you can use. I can see into the cloud of whatever that is ahead. My helmet is relaying the body signatures of each individual on the barge. The information is in a digital form which might be helpful to the other Jokers."

Exalted Darksight 10 _
Device 1 of 4
Rank Novice 0
PPE Base 10 + Raise 5 PPE = 15 PPE

[*] Techno Wizardry 1d10 = 4: 4
[*] Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Not Understanding the Need for a Second Roll, Got a 10 _
[*] Techno Wizardry 1d10 = 6: 6
[*] Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Exalted Farsight 10 _
Device 2 of 4
Rank Seasoned -2
PPE Base 10 + Raise 5 PPE = 15 PPE

[*] Techno Wizardry 1d10 = 10: 10
[*] Aced! Techno-Wizardry 1d10+10 = 12: 2
[*] Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Secured a 9 _
[*] Techno Wizardry 1d10 = 2: 2
[*] Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Round 0 - Farsight Device Activation _
MAP -2
[*] Techno Wizardry 1d10 = 7: 7
[*] Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Herra
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Herra » Mon May 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Power Up
Activate Armor, +2 Fighting, Improved Level Headed
+2 Fighting, Improved Level Headed
Exalted Detect Arcana 6 (sucess)
Psionics 1d10 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Exalted Darksight 13 (raise), see invisible, no obscurement/lighting penalties,blind does not work
Psionics 1d10 = 10: 10
Ace 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Greater Deflection 9 (raise), -6 to be hit
Psionics 1d10+2 = 9: 7
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
+2 ISP cost
Standing on the valley floor as the cloud of darkness approaches Herra steps between the looming threat and the refugees.

"Take cover," she orders the refugees as she turns to face the threat her intuitive combat senses ready to anticipate any incoming attack. Pulling the raptor skull over he head shee peers into the cloud, calling on the night sight of her tribal armor to penetrate the mystical darkness.
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Mon May 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Villain Round Zero Rolls
Rak 1:
GD 1d10-2 = 7: 9 Success, -4 to hit
GA 1d10-2 = 7: 9 Success, +5MDC
-9P

Rak 2:
Int 1d10 = 7: 7 Success, Out of this World
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
-5P

Cag:
EQ 1d12+2 = 5: 3 Success, Extra Turn, Ignore 2 MAP
GD 1d12+2 = 4: 2 Success, -2 to hit
TI 1d12+2 = 13: 11 Raise, Nothing to See Here
GSm 1d12+2 = 11: 9 Raise, +8MD to CSword and VKnife
-27P

Nil
K:Battle 1d8 = 5: 5 Success, 1 Tactician Card
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
ECA Alt 1d12 = 4: 4 ECA 4 (Alt/Mok)
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
EDA 1d12 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5 EDA 5
GD 1d12 = 1: 1
Wild 1d12 = 4: 4 Success, -4 to Hit
TI Alt 1d12 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4 Success, Alt/Mok Nothing to See
-20P

Rej
EDA 1d10 = 5: 5 EDA 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
GB TM 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1 Well, that ate a Benny
GB F 1d10+2 = 9: 7 +2 Fighting
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Altarans
Spirit 1 1d8 = 4: 4
Spirit 2 1d8 = 5: 5
They're probably used to it, damn psychics.
-16I


Wait for it....
Init:
Joker Tactician (1): 5S
Atlantean Tactician (1): 9H

Jacob (ILH): On Hold Agil 8
Herra (ExDef -6, ExDs, EDA 6, Q, ILH): 4D, 3S, KS
Ozzati (Fars, ExDs): KD
Sara (Fars, ExDs): KH

Nilthak (ILH): 7S, 3C, 9D
Mok/Reclamation Squad (Q): 9C
AF: 9H via Tactician

Growler (Stealth 11, ExQ): 7H
Echo (ConcArc 5): 5C
Henry (EDA 10, True Invis): 5D

Rakshasa (LH): 3D, 4H



User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Mon May 13, 2019 10:51 pm

As the Jokers make their preparations and Chok'lat leads the escaped slaves away to safety, the shadowy cloud comes around a bend in the craggy rocks, floating dark and ominous between the cliffs.
What Echo Sees
The barge is largely as described before. She's fairly certain there's an air of ozone surrounding Big Nasty's two blades, and she can hear the whirring of his chainsword, specifically.
She also hears the two tiger-headed individuals casting spells. More interestingly, both of them seem to speak with the exact same voice--and it's one she recognizes! They look different, but she's sure that's Savati, the Black Market crew's "Expediter"!
One other note--the three figures closest to the front of the ship--the one clad all in black, with a full face-mask, and the two Altaran women nearest him--all seemed to flinch as they came into view.
What Ozzati and Sara see
Oh, well, that's ugly. There's a large floating barge sitting in the middle of the cloud of darkness. At the back, there is, indeed, a bulbous monster with hideous tentacles, with a pair of tiger-headed spellcasters flanking him. Oddly, you do NOT see any others on the deck, despite Echo insisting there were more than half a dozen other figures there. Ozzati and Sara must make Fear rolls, no penalty.
What Herra sees
Oh. That's not good.
The barge is exactly how Echo described it, but in some ways it's even worse. For one thing, the seven figures along the edge of the deck are shrouded from view--were it not for her psychic perceptions, she wouldn't even have realized they were there, meaning that many of her allies would likely be endangered by them. Likewise, the 15' tall figure in the middle of the vessel, the one with the pair of blades moving at a hyper-kinetic speed, is cloaked from most folks' view, and Herra may wish she was so lucky--the skin is so unreflective it makes the word 'black' seem inadequate, and the bracers on its arms are marked with runes that glow with hellish power. The only good news is that, from what she can tell, only one of the tiger-headed humanoids is real--the other is a magical construct in the likeness of its creator. Unfortunately, the real one seems to have gone intangible, while the copy is arming itself for war with protective magics.
Oh, there is one other bit of joy to be had--she's dead certain that the masked figure at the head of the barge created a psychic storm that inflamed not only his own mind, but those of the two closest Altarans. Unfortunately, the two of them seem to have shaken it off without any difficulty.
Herra must make a Fear roll at -2--that big guy is genuinely frightening.
What Henry Sees
For the most part, it's the same as before, though he can also sense that the inhabitants of the dark cloud are dropping magic and psychic power left and right. There's over a dozen active spells cast on different inhabitants of the cloud, he knows that much. Although, at the same time, as it came around the bend, he caught a flicker of something he knows all too well from his time with Herra--a brief moment of psychic feedback coming from near the front of the vessel. He does feel like at least some of the folks inside that cloud can see him, despite Raven's efforts to conceal him from view.
No need to make a fear roll this time--you're good for the fight.
What Jacob and Growler See
Yup. That's a big ol' ball of blackness, alright. Even through the haze of the Ley Line, it smells foul to Growler's nose, but neither of you can get any details at the moment. If things happen, you might need to make a Fear check later.
Whole Group Instructions and Initiative
Init:

Joker Tactician (1): 5S
Atlantean Tactician (1): 9H

Jacob (ILH): On Hold Agil 8
Herra (ExDef -6, ExDs, EDA 6, Q, ILH): 4D, 3S, KS
Ozzati (Fars, ExDs): KD
Sara (Fars, ExDs): KH

Nilthak (ILH): 7S, 3C, 9D
Mok/Reclamation Squad (Q): 9C
AF: 9H via Tactician

Growler (Stealth 11, ExQ): 7H
Echo (ConcArc 5): 5C
Henry (EDA 10, True Invis): 5D

Rakshasa (LH): 3D, 4H


Okay, so first, check your box above to see if you need to roll a Fear check, and if so, at what penalty. If you want, and you're not up right away, you can wait until your post comes up to actually make that roll.
Second, note what you can and can't actually see--that will limit your ability to target anything.
So, the first cluster is up (Jacob, Herra, Ozzati and Sara), though their ability to target threats is still hampered to one degree or another by the cloaking magics involved. You can choose to go/stay On Hold if you wish to wait for Henry, or you can try targeting what you can see now.
GrimGullyRound1A.jpg
Enemy Stats
Force Field: 16 MDC
Nilthak/Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (10); Size 3/Large (Size <1 = +2); Greater Deflection -4
Altaranns: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7); Size 0; True Invisibility
Rejuna Mok: Parry: 9; Toughness: 15 (6); Size 0; True Invisibility
Cagliostro/Arch-Fiend: Parry: 12; Toughness: 31 (19 MDC); Size: +4/Large (Size <2 = +2); True Invisibility, Greater Deflection -4
Savati/Rakshasa2: Parry: 6; Toughness: 18 (11); Size 0; Intangible
Savati Mirror Image/Rakshasa1: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (16 MDC); Greater Deflection -4

User avatar
Sara Turner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Sara Turner » Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 am

Fear 9
+2 Brave
Spirit 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting 10, 8, 8; 3 Raises
+4 Telemechanics
Shooting 1d8+4 = 10: 6
Shooting 1d8+4 = 8: 4
Shooting 1d8+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Heavy Rail Gun Damage 37, 49, 19 MD, AP 18
4d10+4 = 25: 8, 2, 1, 10
Ace 1d10+25 = 29: 4
4d10+4 = 33: 6, 10, 10, 3
Ace 2d10+33 = 44: 8, 3
4d10+4 = 18: 3, 3, 2, 6
Raise 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Raise 1d6 = 5: 5
Raise 1d6 = 1: 1
Crossroads Casino
Afternoon
Round 0

“Thank you, Ozzati,” Sara said as her vision started to pierce the darkness. She saw the disgusting blob on the barge and two tiger-like creatures. “I don’t see all the targets Echo is reporting,” Sara called to the others.

Sara sighted down the targeting system at the splugorth on the back. Cut off the head of the snake and all that.

She opened up with the heavy rail gun.

***

Farsight from Ozzati: Halve range penalties
Exalted Darksight from Ozzati: no visual penalties
Greater Smite: +8 MD (3r)
Telemechanics: +4 to use the Creeper systems (3r)
Barrier device
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue May 14, 2019 5:47 am

Force Field down, Nilthak takes 3 Wounds but unshaken
Sara actual damage to Nilthak = 29, 44 and 18. AP 18.
23 (10 MDC) and FF = 16 to first shot

2 Wounds, 7 Wounds, 1 Wound. Ouch.

Soak 2 Wound Shot: 1d12+4 = 9: 5
Wild Vigor 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Soaked first shot

Soak 7 Wound Shot 1d12+4 = 9: 5
Wild Vigor 1d6+2 = 6: 4
GM Bennie Reroll:
Soak 7 Wound Shot 1d12+4 = 13: 9
Wild Vigor 1d6+4 = 6: 2
GM Bennie Reroll:
Soak 7 Wound Shot 1d12+4 = 6: 2
Wild Vigor 1d6+4 = 5: 1
GM Bennie Reroll:
Soak 7 Wound Shot 1d12+4 = 16: 12 ACE 1d12+16 = 17: 1
Wild Vigor 1d6+4 = 5: 1
4 Wounds Soaked, still taking 3 wounds

GM Soak 1 Wound Shot 1d12+1 = 6: 5
Wild Vigor 1d6+1 = 7: 6
Soaked 1 Wound, Unshaken

Final Total: 3 Wounds

User avatar
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by SnackHappy » Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Dice
Missile to center mass Dmg: 27 AP15
Missiles: 1d12-2 = 6: 8 Hit: 8d6 = 27: 5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 6, 3, 3
Wild: 1d6-2 = 2: 4


Railgun to Nilthak Shot 1 Dmg: 35 AP14 Shot 2 Dmg: 31 AP14
Shot 1: 1d12-5 = 6: 11 Hit: 3d10+6 = 29: 7, 6, 10 Rolling Ace: 1d10+29 = 35: 6
Shot 2: 1d12-5 = -1: 4
Shot 3: 1d12-5 = 5: 10 Hit: 3d10+6 = 31: 8, 9, 8
Wild: 1d6-5 = -1: 4
Kissing Sasha's old ring, "Come on baby surely some missile fire ought to take care of whatever is in the darkness." Jacob takes aim at the center of the darkness squeezing the triggers as he hears the sound of the railgun thudding against something in the darkness followed by the explosion of his missiles crashing onto the deck. Over the radio he tries to confirm his hits, "My sensors seem fucked up! Can someone confirm my shots?"
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 pm

OOC Comments
Nilthak is dead, dead, dead.

Missile blast (MBT) at center-mass engulfs the Archfiend, the Shifter and his Mirror-Image.

ArchFiend takes half-damage from non-magic attacks: 14MD AP 15 vs 31 (19 MDC) = Not even Shaken
Shifter is Intangible; no damage from the missile.
Mirror Image can Dive For Cover: Agility 1d6 = 6: 6 ACE 1d6+6 = 9: 3, Raise, evades with style
Jacob cannot see the shots strike home, but those whose eyes can pierce the darkness can. The railgun rips through the already-wounded Slaver, finishing him off with brutal efficiency. The demon simply sneers as the blast catches his chest, leaving him unscathed, and the intangible Rakshasa just lets it pass through him; his mirror-image, however, deftly steps back out of the blast radius in the nick of time.

With the Slaver dead, though, the barge begins to list, and will clearly crash momentarily.
OOC Comments
Herra and Ozzati still can go before the thing hits the ground.

User avatar
Herra
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Herra » Tue May 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Fear Check 16
Spirit 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Extra Effort (Elan) 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Puppet 21
Psionics 1d10 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Major Psi +4
Mentalist +2
Extra Effort 1d6 = 5: 5
Elan +2
Peering through the blackness Herra is momentarily taken aback by the sight of the slave barge. Memories of her childhood threat to overwhelm her as she recalls seeing those creatures riding across the Plains of her homework capturing everyone in sight. Her fear is soon overshadowed by her fury as she reaches out with her mind at the foul dark beast amidst the barge, speaking a single word but fusing it with her entire will, "Desist!"
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue May 14, 2019 2:22 pm

OOC Comments
Resist Puppet 1d12 = 6: 6

Violate orders 1d12 = 11: 11

Arcane shenanigans 1d10 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 9: 2
Herra forces her way into the demon's mind. In addition to the powerful will she expected to encounter, she finds a second source of resistance, one pushing directly against her own control. Still, she is nothing if not a mistress of the mind, and the Demon stops moving for the time being.

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Ozzati created those devices for @Sara Turner because well seeing is never believing. Oz is a very hands on type person and what he saw he just did not believe.

Afraid of What? _
[*] Spirit (Fear) 1d6 = 1: 1
[*] Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Rocks Afraid, What the Hell is That? _
Crit Fair Fear Check +2
[*] Fear Table 1d20 = 13: 13
Acquired Minor (Phobia)
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue May 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Oof!
Barge crashing.

Agility rolls by Altarans to jump clear:
Agility 1d10+2 = 10: 8
Agility 1d10+2 = 10: 8
Agility 1d10+2 = 7: 5
Agility 1d10+2 = 11: 9
Agility 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Agility 1d10+2 = 8: 6

Rejuna Mok Jump Clear 1d10+2 = 12: 10
Wild Agility 1d6+2 = 7: 5

Mirror Self Agility 1d6 = 5: 5 No Jump for You!

Cagliostro Agility 1d12 = 12: 12

Jump success cuts damage in half.

Damage is 2d6 base, AP ALL; success jumpers get 1d6, AP ALL.

Altaran Damages (Toughness 7):
1d6 = 2: 2
1d6 = 5: 5
1d6 = 2: 2
1d6 = 6: 6 ACE 1d6+1 = 2: 1 (Should be 7); SHAKEN
2d6 = 3: 1, 2
1d6 = 1: 1

Rejuna Damage (Toughness 9) 1d6 = 1: 1

Mirror Self Damage 1d6 = 4: 4 2d6 = 7: 5, 2 vs. Toughness 6 = Shaken
Cagliostro Damage 1d6 = 2: 2

Nilthak Crash Damage 2d6 = 5: 2, 3

Nilthak HTK 1 1d12 = 10: 10
Wild Vigor 1d6 = 1: 1
Raise: Injury 1 1d12 = 9: 9 1d6 = 2: 2 Agility d8

Nilthak HTK 2 1d12 = 9: 9
Wild Vigor 1d6 = 6: 6
Raise: Injury 2 1d12 = 7: 7 1d6 = 3: 3 Vigor d10 thank god it wasn't the other way 'round.

Rejuna Healing 1d12-1 = 4: 5
Wild TM 1d6-1 = 4: 5
Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 8: 1
Heal 2 Wounds
Altarans Attack!
Two-Fisted Plasma Blasts!
Echo A1 1d10 = 2: 2
Echo A2 1d10 = 1: 1
Echo B1 1d10 = 9: 9 Hit: 2d10+2 = 22: 10, 10 + 1d6 = 2: 2 DOUBLE ACE 2d10+22 = 36: 9, 5
Echo B2 1d10 = 8: 8 Hit: 2d10+2 = 13: 2, 9 + 1d6 = 5: 5

Ozzati 1 1d10 = 5: 5 Miss due to Range
Ozzati 2 1d10 = 2: 2

Herra 1 1d10 = 5: 5 Miss due to Range
Herra 2 1d10 = 3: 3

What unfolds as the massive barge slides into the bottom of the valley is impressive, for those who can see it. Of the seven figures around the edge of the barge, 6 (including the male one in front) make acrobatic leaps off as it strikes the ground, and hit the ground running. One woman stumbles from the impact with the dirt but is clearly not harmed by it, while the final Altaran is still on the wreckage, though also seemingly unhurt.

Four of the Altaran women rush forward, firing their plasma blasters as they move forward at targets of opportunity--two at Echo, one at Ozzati, and one at Herra. The two shooting at the ground troops miss due to the range, but one manages to hit Echo twice, even with the cover provided by the ridge.

More curiously, the man immediately spins about as his feet hit the ground, and just stands there for a moment, concentrating on the barge and its occupants. Then he moves forward, jumping onto the wreckage.

The Archfiend also leaps, though his jump is less 'acrobatic' and more 'mighty jump'. He lands behind the barge, but, unable to resist the commands of Herra, just stands there afterward.

Of course, all of the above is only obvious to those with the ability to perceive the invisible, for all of them are unseen to unaugmented vision. And those still on the barge also remain within the cloak of darkness that surrounds it.

Speaking of the darkness, those able to see through it see the monstrous Slaver at the back stir, beginning to regain consciousness. It is battered, but still apparently alive... and ANGRY. More distressingly, the field around the barge flickers back to life.

The final Rakshasa is visible to all, however, as he just separates from the barge, and seems to be in the process of floating to the ground.
Instructions
Echo was hit twice, first for 36 MD, then for 13 MD.
Everyone else was missed, but yes, that sonofabitch ninja dude just cast Mass Healing, while just close enough to the Slaver to heal two of his three Wounds. Nilthak won't get to act this round, but he could theoretically act next, if someone doesn't put him down, first.

Pertinent Stats:
Force Field: ACTIVE, +16 MDC to Nilthak, Mirror Image, Rejuna Mok and Altaran #5
Nilthak/Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 22 (10); Size 3/Large (Size <1 = +2); Greater Deflection -4, Greater Obscure -6
Altarans: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7); Size 0; True Invisibility (#6 Only: Shaken; #5 only: Shaken, Greater Obscure -6)
Rejuna Mok: Parry: 9; Toughness: 15 (6); Size 0; True Invisibility, Greater Obscure -6
Cagliostro/Arch-Fiend: Parry: 12; Toughness: 31 (19 MDC); Size: +4/Large (Size <2 = +2); True Invisibility, Greater Deflection -4
Savati/Rakshasa2: Parry: 6; Toughness: 18 (11); Size 0; Intangible
Savati Mirror Image/Rakshasa1: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (16 MDC); Greater Deflection -4, , Greater Obscure -6

Currently up: Growler, Echo, Henry. Then the Shifter and Mirror Image finally get to act.
GrimGullyRound1B.jpg

User avatar
Henry_Price
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Henry_Price » Tue May 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Exalted Dispel 17
Greater Dispel w Twist of Fate
Mysticism 1d10+4 = 6: 2
Wild Die 1d6+4 = 10: 6
Ace
1d6 = 2: 2
Extra Effort 1d6 = 5: 5
Henry turns his attention to the dark billowing cloud and thinks, why not? He whispers a prayer to the great bird and attempts to dispel it.
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue May 14, 2019 9:44 pm

OOC Comments
All Resistance TN 17

Nilthak Resisting (+2 for Different School, Nerves of Steel blocks Wound Penalty):
Greater Obscure: 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild Spell: 1d6 = 2: 2
GM Bennie Extra Effort 1d12+14 = 25: 11
True Invisibility: 1d12+2 = 11: 9
Wild Spell: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Greater Detect Arcana: 1d12+2 = 9: 7
Wild Spell: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Exalted Conceal Arcana: 1d12+2 = 6: 4
Wild Spell: 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Greater Deflection: 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild Spell: 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Force Field: 1d12+2 = 5: 3
Wild Spell: 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Savati Resist Mirror Image: 1d12+2 = 4: 2
Wild Spell: 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Mirror Image Resist:
Greater Deflection: 1d10+2 = 12: 10 ACE 1d10+12 = 14: 2
Greater Armor: 1d10+2 = 10: 8

Greater Obscure remains; all other spells taken down. In addition, the Staff of Eyelor is no longer functioning.
Henry casts his dispel, and while the darkness resists, he feels a host of other magics fail--most dramatically, the cloaking of the Altarans and the ninja-esque man is disrupted; they can now be seen plain as day, and those with darkvision can perceive the ones within the obscuring cloud. Likewise, those who can perceive in the cloud see that the force field has once again dropped.

User avatar
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Echo » Wed May 15, 2019 7:11 am

Echo unshakes, gains 3 bennies and must die this session (to be worked out with GM)
Freemage wrote: Echo was hit twice, first for 36 MD, then for 13 MD.
Echo will Blaze of Glory. This will ignore all damage from the 36 damage attack.

Bennies go to 4,

Shaken
Spirit to Unshake
Spirit 1d12+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Only the luck of slipping a second time saved her life as the blast aimed at Echo burns away a large section of her armor from the shoulder as she tries to right herself. Hitting the ground and rolling from the edge Echo looks across the battle field and takes aim. That shifter is likely the source of most of this magic and the assassin with the healing magic is also a threat. Echo brings her rifle to bare and readies to fire. Releasing her will against the collected women below she lets them feel the fear she has stored within her. Then aiming at the shifter she fires her grenade hitting him in the mouth with.

46 Mega Damage to the Shifter, Altarans roll Fear at -2
Shooting d6
Shooting 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6+8 = 13: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Damage 3d10 = 24: 8, 10, 6 Ace 1d10+24 = 31: 7 + Raise Damage 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5

Adventure Card: Boom Head Shot ignores called shot to head +4 damage

Unique CP-50 “Dragonfre” Laser Rifle
  • Range: 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+5, AP 4
    RoF: 3;
    60 Shots; Wt: 10
    Notes: Min Str d6, 3RB. Integrated grenade launcher (20/40/80, 12 shots, damage by grenade type, currently loaded with Plasma 3d10) and scope with night vision and laser targeting (offset two points of range and/or darkness penalties)
    • Special Enhancements: +2 Shooting, +3 Damage, and +2 AP = AP 4 = 6 enhancements
Contingent
If the GM rules I do not have LoS to Shifter, I will shoot the Sinja instead
Agility Roll requested by GM 11 (has Killer instinct so she wins ties)
Agility d6, Killer instinct
Agility 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

Benny Extra effort (Elan) 1d6+10 = 11: 1
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2


Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand


Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

    49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

    48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.


GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Growler » Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 am

Turn 1
Shooting at Assassin from Stealth with Gamma Rifle (+2 due Gamma Rifle, -4 (from -6) due Darkness -> -2)
  • Shooting: 1d12-2 = 9: 11
    Wild: 1d6-2 = 4: 6
    • Ace: 1d6+4 = 8: 4
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise.
    • Damage: 3d6+2 = 14: 2, 4, 6 + 1d6+2 = 6: 4 (Raise and Assassin) + 1d6 = 4: 4 (Ace) =24 AP2 - 2 Wounds.
Turn 2
Shooting at Assassin from Stealth with Gamma Rifle (+2 due Gamma Rifle, -4 (from -6) due Darkness -> -2)
  • Shooting: 1d12-2 = 2: 4
    Wild: 1d6-2 = 3: 5
    • Extra Effort: 1d6+2 = 3: 1 (Elan)
    Result: 6 - Hit
    • Damage: 3d6+4 = 16: 4, 4, 4 = 16 AP2 - Shaken
Taking careful sight down his rifle, Growler sends two pulses of invisible energy into the darkness to hit the one described as an assassin. The best he can tell, one hits the darkness cloaked warrior while the second just grazes him/her. Still concealed on the rise, Growler awaits his next opportunity to help protect his pack.
Growler
Main Character: Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber
Charisma: -2 (-4/-6); Pace: 10 [13] (d12) ; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19 (8)
ISP: 30 / 30

Active Powers:
Quickness with Jazz

Bennies: 0/3
[list]Base Amount
-1 due Extra Effort on Assassin
-1 due Extra Effort on Quickness vs. Soul Catcher Demons
-1 due Extra Effort on Shooting to hit Soul Catcher Demon
[ooc]Skills
[list][*]Notice: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 for Traps)
[*]Survival: 1d8 (+2 With Woodsman)
[*]Tracking: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 in Wilderness)
[*]Stealth 1d10 (+2 in Wilderness or Urban)
[*]Fighting: 1d12
[*]Shooting: 1d12
[*]Knowledge (Arcana): 1d4
[*]Psionics: 1d8
[*]Intimidation: 1d6
[*]Taunt: 1d6[/list]

Abilities
[list][*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 ISP/5 Minutes)
[*]Slow Regeneration (Natural Healing Roll Each Day)
[*]+4 vs. Fear, Mind Control, and Magic
[*]+2 for Fighting, Shooting, and Throwing rolls, but only to offset Called Shot penalties[/list]

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature[/ooc]

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Fri May 17, 2019 9:46 am

OOC Comments
Agility 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild Agiility 1d6 = 3: 3

Agility 1d6 = 4: 4
Growler strikes home with two shots to the male figure who healed the Spulgorth Slaver, but not quite enough to take him down.

Savati--Shifter, Rakshasa, Black Market Expiditer and, apparently, Spulgorth agent--sinks to the ground, rematerializing even as he begins casting a spell, only to be interrupted by the impact of Echo's grenade, killing him instantly. This triggers a few other events.

Savati's Mirror Image disappears, even as it was also beginning to cast a spell. Meanwhile, those with magical perceptions can see a crackle of energy leaving Savati's body, and entering that of the Arch-Fiend Cagliostro. This energy is enough to free the demon from Herra's control, and he turns and leers at Echo. "Thank you for that. Now I am free, free to roam this plane, and to bring my minions forth!" Behind him, a line forms in the air, a nascent Rift being born; Henry can sense the evil already beginning to seep through the narrow sliver; there is little doubt in his mind where this Rift leads....


Instructions & Stats
Okay, so:
Echo's up first, then Jacob, then the Atlanteans will go, then the rest of you.

Pertinent Stats:
Force Field: Inactive
Nilthak/Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 22 (10); Size 3/Large (Size <1 = +2); Greater Obscure -6
Altarans: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7); Size 0; True Invisibility (#6 Only: Shaken; #5 only: Shaken, Greater Obscure -6)
Rejuna Mok: Parry: 9; Toughness: 15 (6); Size 0; Greater Obscure -6, 3 Wounds & Shaken
Cagliostro/Arch-Fiend: Parry: 12; Toughness: 31 (19 MDC); Size: +4/Large (Size <2 = +2); True Invisibility, Greater Deflection -4

Initiative:
Joker Tactician (1): 5S
Atlantean Tactician (1): 9H
Used Cards: KS, KD, KH, 9D, 9C, 9H, 7H, 7S, 5C, 5D, 4D, 4H, 3S, 3D, 3C

Echo (ConcArc 5): RJ
Jacob (ILH, Q): 2D, AH, KC

Mok/Reclamation Squad (Q): JS
Nilthak (ILH): 8H, JH, 4S

Growler (Stealth 11, ExQ): JD
Herra (ExDef -6, ExDs, EDA 6, ILH): 10S, 8S, 6C
Henry (EDA 10, True Invis): 7D
Sara (Fars, ExDs): 7C
Ozzati (Fars, ExDs): 4C

.

User avatar
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Echo » Fri May 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Seeing the energy swell into the demon Echo wonders what will become of her allies, the refuges, and the rest of the people. How many people could this demon harm before being brought to heel.

When understanding came to her Echo felt conflicted. She did not want to go back to the slavery of fulfilling others desires, but these were her friends. The team she had grown to see and her family. While many of them where new, some of them had been with her for months, longer than any relationship she had had for thousands of years. But who could she be, what would she be if she chose herself here and now when the price would be so many others. The team may be able to defeat such a demon, but how many lives would it cost.

Gathering all of her power, all that was within her she prepared herself for a spell that she wished never to be again. A spell that would not only use all her power, but take her inner essence to fuel as well. Some, powerful mystics have been able to call on such power, shape it and form it into the such complicated spells as to not only push a demon back from this world, but to seal it away in way irresistible.

Echo began shaping herself into the Legendary Banishment spell, the spell to seal the demon away and let the refugees escape. The pain, the emptiness that began coming over her as she shaped the splinters of her will left was such that she nearly lost track. Nearly forgot the very will she was directing herself for. Perhaps Splinter would have better relationships, perhaps Splinter would have more time, but Echo’s no longer remembered Splinter, Echo no longer remembered the members of her team, the refugees, all she remembered was the pattern, the pattern of the powerful ritual that had been once before. Echo was no longer an echo of spells from the past, there was only the banishment.
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2


Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand


Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

    49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

    48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.


GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

The Arch-fiend turns to face Echo again, as she transforms herself, and she has, at least, the satisfaction of seeing the expression of anguish and rage on the creature's face, and hearing its futile roar of defiance before Cagliostro is pushed from this plane of existence. As it fades, screaming vows of vengeance against you all, the nascent Rift, too, stutters and fades from the air, the force that was opening it gone, and unable to be maintained without an anchor.

Everyone sees Echo herself as she discorporates, leaving behind nothing but fond memories. But time to grieve will have to come later--there is still the matter of the Altarans to deal with, now that their agent within the Black Hand is defeated.
Attachments
GrimGullyRound2A.jpg

User avatar
Herra
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Herra » Sun May 19, 2019 8:42 am

Greater Slumber 4 success (Spirit -2 to resist)
LBT centered on Altaran at Q28.
Psionics 1d10 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
+1 ISP for x10 Range
Seeing the slave women leap from the barge and avoid death lifts Herra's heart. She knows they are bred for loyalty but does not wish them ill. Her momentarily distraction at their fate is enough to wrench control of the archfiend from her mind. Seeing the beast free from domination from both her and its shifter is frightening to behold. Energies surge and Herra prepares for the worst until Echo intervenes.

Seeing the mysterious woman, who claimed to be a being of pure magic, lay down her existence to banish the fiend steels Herra's resolve.

"Jacob, there has been too much sacrifice today. It is time to resolve this. Destroy the barge and I will handle the slave women."

Not wishing to fight the salves Herra attempts to paralyze them in place until the slaver can be driven off.
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by SnackHappy » Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Shooting
Railgun 1 @ Nilthak
Damages: 31, 26, 30 AP14
1d12+3 = 11: 8
Hit w/Raise: 3d10+6 = 27: 3, 9, 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
1d12+3 = 11: 8
Hit w/Raise: 3d10+6 = 23: 10, 2, 5 + 1d6 = 2: 2 Ace: 1d10 = 1: 1
1d12+3 = 11: 8
Hit w/Raise: 3d10+6 = 26: 8, 4, 8 + 1d6 = 4: 4
1d6+3 = 9: 6

Railgun 2 @ Rejuna Mok
Damages: 24, 20 AP14
1d12-1 = 2: 3
1d12-1 = 2: 3
1d12-1 = 10: 11
Hit w/Raise: 3d10+6 = 16: 2, 5, 3 + 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 2: 2
1d6-1 = 5: 6
Hit: 3d10+6 = 19: 2, 1, 10 Ace: 1d10 = 1: 1
Jacob screams in frustration as another of his team falls. He barely registers Herra's request as he fires into the slaver as it begins to stand multiple times unconcerned with saving it from its fate. Then begins blasting the spot where it looked like Growler had nailed something else. Unconcerned with his ammo he shoots into them more even as the stop twitching. Something snaps and he finally lets up on the trigger. Letting out another scream.
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue May 21, 2019 9:30 am

OOC Comments
4 Altaran Warriors fire at Ozzati and Herra from their current positions.
All shots at Medium Range (-2), Marksman (+2), net roll = +0.
Herra 1A 1d10 = 7: 7
Herra 1B 1d10 = 2: 2
Herra 2A 1d10 = 9: 9
Herra 2B 1d10 = 1: 1
All Shots Miss due to Greater Deflection -6

Ozzati 1A 1d10 = 7: 7 Hit 2d10+2 = 22: 10, 10 ... Double Ace 2d10+22 = 39: 9, 8
Ozzati 1B 1d10 = 1: 1
Ozzati 2A 1d10 = 9: 9 Raise 2d10+2 = 11: 7, 2 + 1d6 = 2: 2
Ozzati 2B 1d10 = 6: 6 Hit 2d10+2 = 18: 10, 6 ACE 1d10+18 = 20: 2

Ozzati is hit for 39, 13 and 20 vs. Toughness 15 (7) = 6 Wounds, No Effect and 1 Wound in that order.

3 Altarans then resist Greater Slumber:
Spirit 1d8-2 = 6: 8
Spirit 1d8-2 = 5: 7
Spirit 1d8-2 = 6: 8

2 in the back Unshake:
Spirit 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Spirit 1d8+2 = 5: 3

Mental Incapactitators:
Forward 1d10+2 = 5: 3
Back 1d10+2 = 9: 7

Resist MI:
1: 1d8 = 2: 2
2: 1d8 = 8: 8 And 1d8-2 = -1: 1
3: 1d8-2 = 4: 6
The 4 Altarans in front of the crashed (and now very dead) Slaver barge stop their charge and level blasts at Herra and Ozzati, the only ones down in the gully with them who aren't inside a vehicle. The shooting is remarkably precise, but Herra's psychic power turns aside the shots that would've struck her. Sadly, Ozzati lacks such defenses, and is struck twice by their barrage--though he manages to duck behind the cover of the Creeper for a third; the strange vehicle barely even staggered by the flaming gout of plasma that most likely would've burnt off his face.

Herra attempts to end this fight peaceably, but the Altarans apparently have their blood up, shrugging off the effect.

The last two, however, have apparently decided on a different course of action. Raising their mental incapacitators, they attack their 'sisters'! As a result, two of the ones that Herra targeted actually do tumble over!

Facing hostilities from front and back, the remaining two Altarans then raise their hands in surrender.

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Tue May 21, 2019 1:09 pm

@Sara Turner was faster on the draw and managed to position the Creeper in front of Ozzati to take the first round of fire. Ozzati was clueless to the danger. The fear of tentacles had him all absorbed and confused.

The confusion showed when he failed to unshake from the second Altaran attack.

Well that didn't go so well.
[*] Vigor 1d6 = 1: 1
[*] Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Being shaken, it was impossible for Oz to do anything otherthan take the last attack full on and collapse to the ground. "The damn thing was slimey and it ..., it ..., it had TENTACLES!" The new phobia was firmly set in and anyone checking him out would find him psychologically scarred.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Freemage » Tue May 21, 2019 4:55 pm

As the Jokers are still coming to terms with the loss of Echo (and Henry's divinations confirm that she is, indeed, gone for good this time), and securing the prisoners in the back of the Creeper, the sound of railgun fire further to the east (the direction Chok'lat took the refugees in) resounds through the canyon!

Rushing to aid your four-armed comrade, you round a bend just as the gunfire dies out. There, you see Chok'lat standing in front of the refugees; in front of him are a slew of dead Altarans; on the far side of that group, putting a last bullet into one of the female warriors, is Seth, the Black Market cyborg!

Chok'lat, seeing you all arrive, gives a typical cheery grin. "It okay! He come from the other side, helped stop the blind ladies from rounding up the refugees. He not bad, actually."

Seth lowers his railgun arm, hand popping back into place over the barrel, and walks forward through the battlefield. "Sorry 'bout all this. I wasn't expectin' you to head out right away. Boss suspected that something was up--we'd heard that a lot of our recent rescues were recaptured a couple weeks after being freed. So he had me stick around--since this group had to wait so long, if someone was selling us out, we'd find out about it pretty quick this time. Sure enough, the Rift re-opened about an hour or so after you all left, and that Altaran hit squad came through. I didn't recognize the cat-man, but I know that weasel Savati's voice anywhere." He spits after saying the traitor's name.

"We weren't expectin' a whole Atlantean hit squad, though. I couldn't take out that many, so I had to wait and follow 'em. At one point, a bunch of the Altarans took off, with that guy--" Here, he points at another of the cowled male figures, which, curiously, is now smoking slightly, though the smoke is dying away. "--in the lead. They were moving fast, overland, and clearly meant to cut you all off. Boss said he figures you can all handle yourself, so I thought I'd come up behind them and help keep them from having you surrounded. Didn't realize you were gonna split up, but the big guy there and I were able to handle this lot, fortunately."

He seems to catch something in your eyes, and frowning, he looks over the group. "Your negotiator--she ain't with you all."

Chok'lat, catching on, looks around. "Echo? Hey, where's--" He stops, seeing your faces, and shudders in rage, turning his guns on the already downed corpses of the Altaran ambush squad. Those still in the Creeper see the Altaran captives cringe in fear at the sub-demon's howls of rage. He doesn't stop pulling the triggers until all the guns are empty of ammunition, and even then, he gives a vicious kick to one of the eyeless heads that had been severed by the gunfire. He stalks off, clearly needing a few moments alone before he trusts himself to talk to anyone.

Seth lowers his voice, respectfully. "I can't say anything that will help make this up to you. But, for what it's worth, I have something for you folks. Since Savati was double-timing us, that means he wasn't really a member of the Crew. Which means that he was some guy you killed, and so you get his stuff." He pulls out a map that apparently leads to a cave in the hills of northern Arkansas, actually on your way back home. "This was his personal hidey-hole. It's probably go magical protections, but the map should let you bypass 'em. Anything you find there is yours to keep."

He answers any other questions you may still have, and then heads off.

User avatar
Sara Turner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Sara Turner » Tue May 21, 2019 10:40 pm

Healing 7; Wound healed
+1 first aid kit, -1 wound
Healing 1d4-1 = 1: 2
Wild 1d6-1 = 4: 5
Benny for EE 1d6+3 = 7: 4
Crossroads Casino
Afternoon
Round 0

“Ozzati!” Sara cried out. She’d managed to get the Creeper in the way to block some of the Altaran shots at the techno-wizard, but not all, and he went down hard. Seeing the enemy defeated, Sarah leveraged herself out of the vehicle to Ozzati’s side to see what she could do to help, grabbing the first aid kit on the way.

“Take it easy. Don’t move. Their down now. They can’t hurt you anymore,” she said to the whimpering alien.

At the sound of more gunfire behind them, Sara jumped back into the Creeper and everyone wheeled around and raced back toward the refugees to find Chok’lat and the borg from the Black Market standing over dead Altarans.

***

Farsight from Ozzati: Halve range penalties
Exalted Darksight from Ozzati: no visual penalties
Greater Smite: +8 MD (2r)
Telemechanics: +4 to use the Creeper systems (2r)
Barrier device
1d4-1 = 1: 2
1d6-1 = 2: 3
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type

User avatar
Herra
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Herra » Thu May 23, 2019 2:44 am

Resisting the urge to scoff when Sara uses traditional methods to bind Ozzati's wounds, Herra moves remorsefully toward Echo with every intention of bringing her back from the dead. Her stoic steps are interrupted by Chok'lat's commotion on their flanks. Seeing the demon and black market cyborg side by side makes her frown but she says nothing.

Proceeding back up to Echo's location Herra finds that there is no body to raise. The being who called herself a living spell must have well and truly sacrificed her entire reserve of mystical energy. She was well and truly gone.

Deeply saddened Herra focuses on making good from the day and addressees the surrendered Altaran's, "The price of your freedom has been steep. Repay it with good."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ozzati
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Ozzati » Sat May 25, 2019 11:25 am

Seems the events of the 7th's trip come at Ozzati in slow motion and he can barely register what is going on with the slowed down pace.

@Sara Turner and the Creeper, he remembered pulling in front of him and the cascade of arcane energy climb across the Creeper.

Then he was hit with something and a second something of a simliar type and feel and he lost conciousness.

Sara had brought him around and dropped him in the Creeper. Fogged memory but he honestly remembers little for a while, and the team filled him in over the course of whatever transpires for the return trip.

He does insist on looking over the downed barge until he comes across some random tentacles and such which cause him to nearly wretch in the barge. Oz at least gets himself to the edge and hurls into the dirt. Returning back to the barge center console, he begins cleaning out the debris and remaining body parts. Constantly at odds with himself, he manages to get the barge cleaned.

@SnackHappy and @Herra

"Anychance we want to ride this thing out to our next destination?"

"I might be able to rig something to get us along the ley line for a while. May need to ditch it after we leave the ley line though."
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]

User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Ley of the Land: Business Matters

Post by Growler » Mon May 27, 2019 8:54 am

Loping over to where Echo had disappeared from, Growler takes a sniff, then turns away and gives a loud howl.

Echo was magic, but she was a good pack member. I will remember her with pride.

Walking over to one of the Altaran captives, Growler takes her protective necklace before going over to their new Techno-Wizard.

"It won't be worth it trying to get the Barge going. Without an Overseer to run it, it is just so much trash. I will be going back up onto the ridge to lookout if there are any more surprises set up for us."
Growler
Main Character: Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber
Charisma: -2 (-4/-6); Pace: 10 [13] (d12) ; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19 (8)
ISP: 30 / 30

Active Powers:
Quickness with Jazz

Bennies: 0/3
[list]Base Amount
-1 due Extra Effort on Assassin
-1 due Extra Effort on Quickness vs. Soul Catcher Demons
-1 due Extra Effort on Shooting to hit Soul Catcher Demon
[ooc]Skills
[list][*]Notice: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 for Traps)
[*]Survival: 1d8 (+2 With Woodsman)
[*]Tracking: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 in Wilderness)
[*]Stealth 1d10 (+2 in Wilderness or Urban)
[*]Fighting: 1d12
[*]Shooting: 1d12
[*]Knowledge (Arcana): 1d4
[*]Psionics: 1d8
[*]Intimidation: 1d6
[*]Taunt: 1d6[/list]

Abilities
[list][*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 ISP/5 Minutes)
[*]Slow Regeneration (Natural Healing Roll Each Day)
[*]+4 vs. Fear, Mind Control, and Magic
[*]+2 for Fighting, Shooting, and Throwing rolls, but only to offset Called Shot penalties[/list]

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature[/ooc]

Post Reply

Return to “7th SET Adventure Forum”