No Man’s Land

The_Marshall

No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Tue May 21, 2019 9:26 pm

After surviving another assault by Black Dog, the rest of the trip up and through the Trincheras Pass is uneventful. The terrain is not overly steep and the trail skirts the edges of a few draws and never becomes particularly challenging. While a gentle and easy ride each character notices something that speaks to them in a unique way.

As the group rounds one of the easy bends the canyon wall has a bit of greenery falling down. As you proceed these hanging gardens get a bit more longer filled with yellow and red flowers. All too soon the drive sees the source of water, a small clear refreshing watering hole fed by a natural geyser. Perfect place to get a quick rinse and refresh before coming into Colorado.

In fact, the transition is so gentle, the heroes are almost through the pass before they realize they're crossing the apex. On the other side lies Colorado…and the Disputed Territories. Some say that war here is never ending.

OOC Comments
Everyone has finally been able to get a full night sleep and no longer has the fatigue as the night mares have stopped almost as if someone or something was causing them.

Players go ahead and post coming over the apex or at the clearing and please include what drew your interest even if for a moment. Please tie this thing to a Hindrance.

Also Jack you do notice that one of the cattle in the back also has the initials FZ branded over the normal brand that the rest of Sutter's cattle are branded with.
Attachments
Canyon 2.jpg
Canyon 1.jpg

Hope Monaghan

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 pm

On the trail/Natural spring at apex
Morning
Round 0

Hope was grateful that the pass was easy, and even more grateful for the spring near the apex of the pass. They slept easy for the first time in many nights, deep and restful sleep. In the morning, Hope caught John Baxter coming back from the spring. Clearly he’d been for a wash, his hair still wet, his shirt off, skin glistening with water under the rising sun, moving slowly over his taut, muscular torso. It made her ache a bit. It had been a long time since she’d had a man, and she couldn’t help but give him a flirty, coy smile as she gathered up her own things.

“C’mon, Abby,” Hope called. “Let’s finally wash this trail dust from our hair.” Hope sauntered off down the trail to a secluded portion of the spring where they could have some privacy, stripped down, and dove into the water.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

Jeff Milton

Post by Jeff Milton » Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 am

Jeff enjoys his quick rinse of both body and clothing. After he finishes he gives his horse a good currying and takes the time to check his gear.

Archibald Ellsworth

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed May 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Notice 15
Notice 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Wild Explodes 1d6 = 6: 6
Again 1d6 = 1: 1
After the battle with Black Dog, Archibald was out cold after his adrenaline wore off and he finally woke up on one of the wagons where he'd been tended to by the womenfolk. Unfortunately, most of his clothing was too dirty and torn to wear and so he'd taken to wearing his Army scarlet tunic. He was loathed to wear his military uniform this far out in the wilderness, but he had little choice in the matter.

Least the watering hole proved to be a respite, a chance to wash himself and what survived of his clothes. When it was Abby's and Hope's turn, he positioned himself so that he could make sure none of the menfolk took advantage.
Main Account: stormwell

The_Marshall

Post by The_Marshall » Wed May 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Abby grabs Lucinia as well when they run off to the secluded spot to bathe. Abby speaks up while the girls are alone. "I think that Archibald seems uncomfortable wearing his uniform while not in his normal regiment. I think when we get to the next town I will see if I can pick him up some. Do you think he would like it? Would that be too forward?."

As they leave their spot she notices Archibald standing watch. She smiles at him slightly bowing her head as she hurries on to get back to her duties.

Archibald Ellsworth

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu May 23, 2019 6:59 pm

"Abigail." Archibald smiles back. "Pleasant swim I trust?"

"Don't let me keep you if you've tasks to be getting on with, though ask if you need a hand."

Whilst he'd been acting as a sentinel, Archibald had making sketches of the local landscape.

Hope Monaghan

Post by Hope Monaghan » Thu May 30, 2019 1:57 am

On the trail/Natural spring at apex
Morning
Round 0

Hope smiled at Abigail through her fall of wet, red curls. “I think it would be mighty fine of you to get him some new clothes,” she said. “Let’s wash and mend his old set, too, for now. He was very brave.”

Hope smiled as she, Abby, and Lucinia returned and found Archibald keeping watch. They were still wet enough that their shirts clung a bit to their curves. Hope nudge Abby a bit, and then said, “You draw, Mr. Ellsworth? Do you do portraits? Maybe Abby could sit for you.”
Party loot
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

Archibald Ellsworth

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu May 30, 2019 8:52 am

"It was part of what I did in the army." Answered Archibald. "Map making and the like, so it tended to be more landscapes."

"Though if Abigail has no fears of an amateur's attempt, then I could certainly try."

Lucinia_Whateley

Post by Lucinia_Whateley » Fri May 31, 2019 2:42 am

Glad to finally be clean after a such a long journey, and in fact rather unused to being so long without a bath, Lucinia considers the matter of clothes and finds herself agreeing with hope. "I have a little money to help. And after all that's happened, it seems nice.

When they get all back together, she watches with interest as the woman starts to play matchmaker.

The_Marshall

Post by The_Marshall » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Shyly Abigail smiles bowing her head a bit. "If..If that is something you would desire I would not mind spending a while being drawn after mess is taken care of. But.. but only if you want to. I won't judge your drawings harshly. I promise." True to her word after dinner is served and cleaned up she spends time with Archibald allowing him to draw her and smiles all the while generally enjoying herself and her company.

After a day driving north of the pass, the Lazy S crew passes the burnt remains of a small homestead. Anyone taking even a cursory look at the ruins immediately realizes the home was fired in the last week or so. A closer examination quickly reveals a couple of disturbing facts. Behind the homestead, a tripod has been lashed over the remains of a small fire. Above the ashes hangs a large, bulging bag constructed of fresh skins. Opening the bag requires a Guts check against nausea as a horribly twisted body tumbles out.If anyone looks closely at the body, have the player roll Knowledge (Medicine) or Healing to determine the cause of death. Success tells the adventurer the victim was sewn up in the bag alive and then suspended over the fire. The heat simultaneously cooked the poor sodbuster while causing the leather to dry and constrict, crushing him while he roasted! Jack knows that some Indian tribes use similar methods to kill captives.
However, a Tracking roll quickly reveals that there are tracks of well over a dozen horses and all of them were shod. Most Indian war parties ride unshod animals. Digging through the ruins turns up no items of any worth in the debris. It’s as if the homestead was stripped of all valuables before it was set afire.

Sid you also come upon the scene although you are a bit back at a distance. The herd of cattle with them is easy enough to show the way they are headed as a small group from the rear take a bit of time to check out the scene.

Instructions
Feel free to RP the search and meet and greet. I am leaving the checks up to you guys nothing entirely difficult. Obviously if someone makes them they can share with the group.

Sid

Post by Sid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:57 am

As the lone figure slowly rode the old, one eyed, dark horse closer to the ashen, burnt house he kept both of his own eyes on the small group investigating the remains.

Looking off at the herd of cattle he nodded and softly and deeply he started to sing:

“I’m back in the saddle again...
Ridin’ the range once more, totin’ my old forty-four...
Where you sleep out every night and the only law is right...
Back in the saddle again.
Whoopi ti yi yo, rockin’ to a fro, back in the saddle again...
Whoopi ti yi yea, I’ll go my own way
Back in the saddle again.”

Keeping his hands plainly on the reigns and clearly away from his twin holsters the cowboy continued closer to the group.

Mounted on a one eyed horse, the man wore a long leather duster, a red neckerchief around his neck, under a well worn black hat. He looked around thirty years of age, with handsome yet weathered looks. Some grey in his hair he looked to be in healthy condition. Two pistols he wore. A rifle tied to the horse. If not a gun fighter, definitely dressed as one. He looked like a man who had rode far.

”Whooa Odin. Hold up you half blind horse and let’s say hi to these fine folk.”

Slowly with his left hand holding the reigns he used his right to tip his hat and addressed the group:

”G’day to you. Looking at that there burnt mess, and you lot, I’m assuming this ain’t ya handy work then. If I’m wrong... let me know you’re the killers so I can call on Tyr’s justices. Nah. I don’t reckon it were you. Howdy... names Sydney Cohen. Sid will do. Headed towards some civilization I am.”

Looking across the sad scene at the dead he frowns.

”What brings ya here? And.... might ya spare a bit of water. I’m dead thirsty.”

Hello Fellow Players
Thanks for having me, and thanks for bearing with me as I get used to playing a new character, flushing them out and getting to know him, and y’all a bit more. Happy to join you.

- Dan (Lars)

((Sid and Odin))

Archibald Ellsworth

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:02 am

Despite Archibald's fretting over his artistic skills, Abigail seemed impressed with his efforts to draw a sketch of her. It proved to be an enjoyable evening as the two of them ended up sat huddled together glazing up at the night sky.

The remnants of the homestead proved to be a grim contrast and bitterly reminded Archibald of the less than savourly sights he'd seen in Africa and marred his experiences there. It was occasions like this where he had to despair at humanity and its ready ability to inflict pain and suffering upon others. All there seemed left to do was to ensure the poor soul they found received a Christian burial before the drive moved on.

Rolls
Guts 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6

Guts Explodes 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild Explodes 1d6 = 4: 4

Guts Total: 17

It proved to be grim work, though perhaps because of Archibald's experiences in Africa he found himself relatively unfazed by the grisly remains. He enlisted the aid of some of the other hands in digging a grave for the unfortunate homesteader, a task they'd made progress on when a lone rider rode up. After the rider had introduced himself, Archibald replied. "No Mr ah...Cohen wasn't it? No, we came across somebody else's gruesome handiwork and seeing what we can do for the poor souls."

"Though where are my manners? Most rude of me to not properly introduce myself." Archibald continues. Captain Archibald Ellsworth, late of Her Majesty's Royal Engineers. I and my compatriots here are travelling with a cattle drive bound for the north, though I'd wager some of the locals here are less than friendly."

Jeff Milton

Post by Jeff Milton » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Jeff views the burned out homestead with a grim look on his face. A few years ago he'd had his own homestead. If things had gone differently, it could be his place burned out.

His dismounts and checks his guns reflexivly, then moves into the burned our ruins looking for any clue as to whose place it was, a picture, family bible, anything.
OOC Comments
notice
1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 3: 3

open
1d6+6 = 8: 2
When the stranger rides up and asks for water, Jeff glances around to see if there is a well, not wanting to interrupt his search

Sid

Post by Sid » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:50 am

Sid casually rests his hands on the saddle and nods at Archibald.

“Feel free to just call me Sid. Is a right pleasure to meet y’all. Unfriendly’s in the area eh? I would consider it a kindness if you let me ride with you for a while. Safety in numbers and all.”

Sliding from his saddle the pistolero kneels by the ashen dirt and lifts a small handful to inspect.

Sid points at the distant tripod and mutters under his breath.

”Yonder. I despair at what that is. Reckon I know, but don’t want to know.”

Wrapping the reigns to Odin, the one-eyes horse, around a charred tree, Sid slowly moves towards the burnt homestead.

”I seen something like this in Wyoming, few years back. It ain’t pretty.”

About to stride directly over to the tripod Sid stops and nods at Milton.

”Not trying to butt in on your inspection. I’d be happy to back your play. After you good Sir.”

John Baxter

Post by John Baxter » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:55 am

Notice 1d8 = 6: 6
1d6 = 4: 4

John had spent his time in the waterfall, cleaning himself and playing a long ditty on his harmonica, entertaining or perhaps annoying people in earshot. His playing is perfunctory, but not one to raise the blood

Sometimes these places hide a cave John muses as he goes behind the waterfall. He comes out disappointed not to find anything and decides he has had enough of the water. Getting partially dressed as his shirt is damp, he heads back up the path.
OOC Comments
Quirk - Harmonica
Curious
"Morning Hope," he smiles at her as she comes the other way.

Hope Monaghan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 pm
n the morning, Hope caught John Baxter coming back from the spring. Clearly he’d been for a wash, his hair still wet, his shirt off, skin glistening with water under the rising sun, moving slowly over his taut, muscular torso. It made her ache a bit. It had been a long time since she’d had a man, and she couldn’t help but give him a flirty, coy smile as she gathered up her own things.
It takes John a second for Hope's smile to register.

Was Hope just giving me a flirty smile? John muses, glancing back at the firey redhead
That's quite a bit different than where we started out.

Taking the opportunity to do so, he checks over his pistols and rifle. He was getting closer to killing Black Dog and God willing, he would do so the next time they meet.

As they find the homestead, John gets off his horse to investigate
OOC Comments
Guts 1d8 = 3: 3
As a rarity for all the things he had seen, his stomach turns when he sees the head and he excuses himself to look around the perimeter.

Tracking 14
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 10: 8 Ace 1d8+10 = 14: 4
1d6+2 = 5: 3
The_Marshall wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:44 pm
Tracking roll quickly reveals that there are tracks of well over a dozen horses and all of them were shod. Most Indian war parties ride unshod animals.
Shodded horses, all of them. Now unless an Indian warparty stole a herd, this does not seem to be indians.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

Hope Monaghan

Post by Hope Monaghan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 am

Guts 5
Guts 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Healing 1; crit fail
Healing 1d4-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
On the trail/Burned homestead
Morning
Round 0

Hope held her nose as the bag was opened, then watched John excuse himself. “Ugh. Is that a person?” she asked. “Who would do that?”

John poked around in the dirt for a bit, looking for tracks or something, as a rider rode up to the group.

“Well is just over there,” Hope told the man. She tossed him her canteen. “I’ll pull up the bucket if you’ll follow.”

The attractive redhead dressed in men’s trail clothes walked over to the well, removing her hat to wipe her forehead. The day was already turning warm. She hauled up the water and refilled any canteens given to her.

“I’m thinking this didn’t happen that long ago,” Hope said, noting the remains of the house. “Whoever did it might still be in the area.”
Party loot
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Adventure Card:
Character Tracker
Adventure Card:

Sid

Post by Sid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:52 am

Sid caught the canteen as the redhead walked to the well ”I’ll pull up the bucket if you’ll follow.”

“Can do that. Thank you kindly.”

Sid drank deeply and refilled the canteen, returning it to Hope. ”Whoever did it might still be in the area.” she stated and Sid looked around at the ashen remains.

”I agree with you ma’am. Thinking I might poke around and track down whoever... whatever did this.”

Bowing slightly Sid smiled at her.

Looking across the devastation Sid frowned.

- - -
dice rolls
Knowledge (Occult) d6

Wild Die

1d6 = 2: 2

Well. That tells me nothing.

The_Marshall

Post by The_Marshall » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Sutter, rides back to see whats going on and greets the newcomer. "Listen mister, If you want to be travelling along with us you can providin' you do your fair share of the work around here in protectin the cattle and keepin them in line. The boys'll show you the ropes."

Unable to find any meaningful tracks from the happenings at the homestead Sutter demands that the trail continue.

Two days later, the posse hears the sound of a gun from far up the herd. Cresting a small rise, they see the herd is approaching another homestead, this one slightly larger than the last they saw. The lead steers are beginning to scatter and wander, while several Lazy S riders try to
get the animals under control. The cause of the confusion—and likely the source of the gunshot—appears to be a pair of men standing a short distance in front of the wandering cattle. As the posse moves closer, they can see both men are holding long guns. Two of the Lazy S crew, Sutter and Luke, seem to be trying to talk to the men, but even at a distance you can tell things are not going well.

Should any of you cowpokes approach the parley, they hear one of the homesteaders all but shouting at Sutter, "I’ll be damned if I let you trample my field with a bunch of stinkin’ Texas cows! It ain’t enough we got to contend with border raiders from New Mexico, homegrown guerillas, Injun raidin’ parties, and Gault’s bunch on top o’ all that, but now you want to go draggin’ a thousand head o’ cattle across our land. Ain’t no way
that’s happenin’, mister! I’ll stampede them cows all the way back to Santa Fe!"

Instructions:

What we have here is a good ol’ Social Conflict (see Savage Worlds for all the details; we provide all that’s neededhere to run the scene). The conflict is broken down into three rounds of heated conversation between the cowboys’ spokesman (or spokesmen, if two or more speakers are cooperating on the Persuasion roll) and the Farley brothers. The homesteaders aren’t a passive audience—they counter every point the speaker makes with arguments of their own.
Each round, the cowpunchers’ spokesman roleplays his argument and makes an opposed Persuasion roll against the Farley brothers’ cooperative roll (for which Gail aids Earle). Each side makes their argument, in turn starting with the players, without rolls, for all three rounds. Then both sides roll for all three rounds in a single post. This way, for the rolls, I can declare bonuses or penalties accordingly. Players who offer supporting arguments during the back-and-forth also get to post supporting rolls for that specific round. I will try to post their rebuttals every couple days.

Sid

Post by Sid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:48 pm

ROUND ONE // Social Conflict

Sid excepts the invitation to join the posse. Over the next few days prior to encountering the homesteader issue the gun slinger listens to instructions and pulls his weight with the cattle. Sid tries to be friendly to everyone, although truth be told he might spend a little more time around Hope, in the hopes of engaging her in conversation.

As the posse rides up on the conflict Sid shakes his head and dismisses the mental images he sees of his hands springing to his guns and firing two bullets. Two lousy sodbusters dealt with. Frowning he pushes the thoughts aside.

Trodding up adjacent to Sutter and Luke, Sid looks around the area. Taking in the big picture. Looking for escape avenues and sussing out any hidden enemies.

Notice Roll 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild die for Notice 1d6 = 1: 1

Pain in the back of his head begins searing into his eyes. Sid forgets what he was looking for, not noticing anything for a while. Eventually as he grits his teeth the pain lessens and he looks back at the angry homesteaders and listens to their complaints.

Sid slides off his horse gracefully and stands with the posse, and by Sutter, looking intimidating as he grits his teeth and squints his eyes. Hands hanging by his sides he doesn’t touch his irons but they are close as they hang in low slung drop holsters. Realizing that, at least for the moment as his head aches, he should just stand by and lend his support in being present. Sadly the more he tries to look unthreatening the more he looks ready for action.

- - -

As Hope talks Sid nods his head in approval.

Hope Monaghan

Post by Hope Monaghan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:36 am

On the trail/Farley homestead
Morning
Round 1

Hope had no complaints when the handsome Sid decided to ride near her. She was more than willing to chat with him, maybe even flirting a little, as was her nature, favoring him with the occasional smile or flutter of her long lashes over her green eyes.

When they heard the gunshot, Hope spurred Devil Eyes up the hill to see the lead team trying to keep the heard from stampeding while two men armed with rifles stood in the way of their progress.

Sutter and Luke didn’t seem to be having much success handling the situation, so Luke slipped off Devil Eyes. “Abby, could you hold him a bit?” Hope asked, handing the reins to the young woman. “And my hat.” She took off her Stetson and handed it over, then took the ties from her hair and shook her head, running her fingers through the long, red locks to get the dust out, letting it cascade down her shoulders and frame her sun-kissed face. She paused and then undid a couple top buttons on her shirt, letting her paler, freckled cleavage shine, her silver cross necklace resting in the valley.. She brushed the dust from her clothes and smiled up at Abby. “How do I look?”

Stepping around Devil Eyes and coming around into view of the boys for the first time. She saw the new guy, Sid, standing there menacingly. She touched Sutter’s shoulder. “Let me handle this, boss,” she whispered. Then she brushed her long, delicate fingers over Sid’s back and flashed him a reassuring smile to let him know she had this under control.

“What seems to be the problem, boys?” the attractive redhead asked. “We’re not looking for any trouble. Surely we can come to some resolution without violence. It will take a long time to go around your lands. And if you cause a stampede, you might get yourselves hurt. I wouldn’t want that.” She gave a full-lipped pout.
Party loot
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Adventure Card:
Character Tracker
Adventure Card:

Jeff Milton

Post by Jeff Milton » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 am

Jeff takes some time to introduce Sid, explaining that he had only joined a few weeks back. "The rest come up from Texas, as I understand it. I ah ... ran into a spot of trouble, and they took me on"
------------

When the issue with the homesteader arises, Jeff mosey's over, looking over the place before speaking up. "I bin where you're at, homesteading's hard work. A couple days back we passed a burned out homestead, that from Gault's bunch ?"
OOC Comments
Note: Jeff looks the place over, to make sure everything is on the up and up. As a former Homesteader himself, I assume he'd could tell. Unless he seems something off, he intends to aid Hope's Persuasion

Notice:
1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 1: 1

explody dice:
1d6+6 = 9: 3
Last edited by Jeff Milton on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archibald Ellsworth

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:32 am

"I say chaps, what is the matter here?" Archibald asks as he approached the heated debate. "Though where are my manners? Proper introductions are in order here, Captain Archibald Ellsworth at your service gentlemen."

"I'm sure this affair can be resolved peacefully and we can reach an accord that satisfies all concerned." Adds Archibald. "If you're worried about damage being caused by such a large herd, I'm sure we can offer financial or physical aid to remedy this chaps. Perhaps you could even guide us somehow across your land in a manner that minimizes the herd's impact?"

The_Marshall

Post by The_Marshall » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Abby gladly takes the horse from Hope. She also gives Archibald a smile as he walks by. Glancing around nothing is out of the ordinary on the homestead.
Notice
Due to the higher notice you recall that in the disputed lands you know tensions are are typically much higher and people tend to be a bit of a tinderbox.
"Listen here! My brother Gail and I rightly don't care much for who you folks are. Traipsin' your cattle through our lands damages our lively hood. I don't reckon iffin it was Gault's crew did the damage to that other homestead as we aint seen them. Trips not too long to head out and go around our farmstead. Most likely it'll take y'all a day or so." Earle says as he spits his tobacco on the ground and sneers at the group.

Gail looks Hope up and down a bit as she walks up. Almost tongue tied he spits out his two cents, "Yeah ah Earle man he has the right of it. Those cattle is no good for us. They trample all our crops and make us replant and stuff. So best for us you folks turn around."

Archibald Ellsworth

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 pm

"Ah come now chaps," Archibald says. "We're trying to be reasonable here."

"I can understand you're need to defend your livelihood, it is most assuredly a tough land full of dangers natural and otherwise." He continues, hitting on an idea. "We ourselves have had to fend off bandit and Indian attack, though in the process we acquired small arms and munitions."

"Course its surplus to our requirements as our chaps are reasonably well armed, but perhaps we could trade these rifles and ammunition for passage across your land?"

John Baxter

Post by John Baxter » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:16 am

John swings wide checking out the area and making note about the best and least disruptive route.

Survival 4
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 4: 2
1d6 = 2: 2
Tracking 4
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 4: 2
1d6 = 1: 1
He comes back around and offers a suggestion;

"Presuming that your land covers there, if we take the cattle this way, that would appear to be the least disruptive to your land."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

Hope Monaghan

Post by Hope Monaghan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:35 am

Persuasion 8
Persuasion 1d10+4 = 7: 3
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
On the trail/Farley homestead
Morning
Round 2

“No, no, of course we don’t want to hurt your livelihood, boys!” Hope pouted. She saw Gail’s interest and flashed him a particularly alluring smile. “Surely there’s some piece of fallow land we can go through without ruining any crops. My friend Mr. Baxter thinks he’s found a way.” She leaned forward a bit, giving the two brothers a nice view of her cleavage as she whispered, “And how long’s it been since you boys had a woman around the place? Maybe we can come to an...arrangement.”
Party loot
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Adventure Card:
Character Tracker
Adventure Card:

Return to “Adventure Forum”