No Man’s Land

Post Reply
User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Tue May 21, 2019 9:26 pm

After surviving another assault by Black Dog, the rest of the trip up and through the Trincheras Pass is uneventful. The terrain is not overly steep and the trail skirts the edges of a few draws and never becomes particularly challenging. While a gentle and easy ride each character notices something that speaks to them in a unique way.

As the group rounds one of the easy bends the canyon wall has a bit of greenery falling down. As you proceed these hanging gardens get a bit more longer filled with yellow and red flowers. All too soon the drive sees the source of water, a small clear refreshing watering hole fed by a natural geyser. Perfect place to get a quick rinse and refresh before coming into Colorado.

In fact, the transition is so gentle, the heroes are almost through the pass before they realize they're crossing the apex. On the other side lies Colorado…and the Disputed Territories. Some say that war here is never ending.


OOC Comments
Everyone has finally been able to get a full night sleep and no longer has the fatigue as the night mares have stopped almost as if someone or something was causing them.

Players go ahead and post coming over the apex or at the clearing and please include what drew your interest even if for a moment. Please tie this thing to a Hindrance.

Also Jack you do notice that one of the cattle in the back also has the initials FZ branded over the normal brand that the rest of Sutter's cattle are branded with.
Attachments
Canyon 2.jpg
Canyon 1.jpg

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 pm

On the trail/Natural spring at apex
Morning
Round 0

Hope was grateful that the pass was easy, and even more grateful for the spring near the apex of the pass. They slept easy for the first time in many nights, deep and restful sleep. In the morning, Hope caught John Baxter coming back from the spring. Clearly he’d been for a wash, his hair still wet, his shirt off, skin glistening with water under the rising sun, moving slowly over his taut, muscular torso. It made her ache a bit. It had been a long time since she’d had a man, and she couldn’t help but give him a flirty, coy smile as she gathered up her own things.

“C’mon, Abby,” Hope called. “Let’s finally wash this trail dust from our hair.” Hope sauntered off down the trail to a secluded portion of the spring where they could have some privacy, stripped down, and dove into the water.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 am

Jeff enjoys his quick rinse of both body and clothing. After he finishes he gives his horse a good currying and takes the time to check his gear.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed May 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Notice 15
Notice 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Wild Explodes 1d6 = 6: 6
Again 1d6 = 1: 1
After the battle with Black Dog, Archibald was out cold after his adrenaline wore off and he finally woke up on one of the wagons where he'd been tended to by the womenfolk. Unfortunately, most of his clothing was too dirty and torn to wear and so he'd taken to wearing his Army scarlet tunic. He was loathed to wear his military uniform this far out in the wilderness, but he had little choice in the matter.

Least the watering hole proved to be a respite, a chance to wash himself and what survived of his clothes. When it was Abby's and Hope's turn, he positioned himself so that he could make sure none of the menfolk took advantage.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Wed May 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Abby grabs Lucinia as well when they run off to the secluded spot to bathe. Abby speaks up while the girls are alone. "I think that Archibald seems uncomfortable wearing his uniform while not in his normal regiment. I think when we get to the next town I will see if I can pick him up some. Do you think he would like it? Would that be too forward?."

As they leave their spot she notices Archibald standing watch. She smiles at him slightly bowing her head as she hurries on to get back to her duties.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu May 23, 2019 6:59 pm

"Abigail." Archibald smiles back. "Pleasant swim I trust?"

"Don't let me keep you if you've tasks to be getting on with, though ask if you need a hand."

Whilst he'd been acting as a sentinel, Archibald had making sketches of the local landscape.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Thu May 30, 2019 1:57 am

On the trail/Natural spring at apex
Morning
Round 0

Hope smiled at Abigail through her fall of wet, red curls. “I think it would be mighty fine of you to get him some new clothes,” she said. “Let’s wash and mend his old set, too, for now. He was very brave.”

Hope smiled as she, Abby, and Lucinia returned and found Archibald keeping watch. They were still wet enough that their shirts clung a bit to their curves. Hope nudge Abby a bit, and then said, “You draw, Mr. Ellsworth? Do you do portraits? Maybe Abby could sit for you.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu May 30, 2019 8:52 am

"It was part of what I did in the army." Answered Archibald. "Map making and the like, so it tended to be more landscapes."

"Though if Abigail has no fears of an amateur's attempt, then I could certainly try."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Lucinia_Whateley
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:26 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Lucinia_Whateley » Fri May 31, 2019 2:42 am

Glad to finally be clean after a such a long journey, and in fact rather unused to being so long without a bath, Lucinia considers the matter of clothes and finds herself agreeing with hope. "I have a little money to help. And after all that's happened, it seems nice.

When they get all back together, she watches with interest as the woman starts to play matchmaker.

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Shyly Abigail smiles bowing her head a bit. "If..If that is something you would desire I would not mind spending a while being drawn after mess is taken care of. But.. but only if you want to. I won't judge your drawings harshly. I promise." True to her word after dinner is served and cleaned up she spends time with Archibald allowing him to draw her and smiles all the while generally enjoying herself and her company.

After a day driving north of the pass, the Lazy S crew passes the burnt remains of a small homestead. Anyone taking even a cursory look at the ruins immediately realizes the home was fired in the last week or so. A closer examination quickly reveals a couple of disturbing facts. Behind the homestead, a tripod has been lashed over the remains of a small fire. Above the ashes hangs a large, bulging bag constructed of fresh skins. Opening the bag requires a Guts check against nausea as a horribly twisted body tumbles out.If anyone looks closely at the body, have the player roll Knowledge (Medicine) or Healing to determine the cause of death. Success tells the adventurer the victim was sewn up in the bag alive and then suspended over the fire. The heat simultaneously cooked the poor sodbuster while causing the leather to dry and constrict, crushing him while he roasted! Jack knows that some Indian tribes use similar methods to kill captives.
However, a Tracking roll quickly reveals that there are tracks of well over a dozen horses and all of them were shod. Most Indian war parties ride unshod animals. Digging through the ruins turns up no items of any worth in the debris. It’s as if the homestead was stripped of all valuables before it was set afire.


Sid you also come upon the scene although you are a bit back at a distance. The herd of cattle with them is easy enough to show the way they are headed as a small group from the rear take a bit of time to check out the scene.

Instructions
Feel free to RP the search and meet and greet. I am leaving the checks up to you guys nothing entirely difficult. Obviously if someone makes them they can share with the group.

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Sid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:57 am


As the lone figure slowly rode the old, one eyed, dark horse closer to the ashen, burnt house he kept both of his own eyes on the small group investigating the remains.

Looking off at the herd of cattle he nodded and softly and deeply he started to sing:


“I’m back in the saddle again...
Ridin’ the range once more, totin’ my old forty-four...
Where you sleep out every night and the only law is right...
Back in the saddle again.
Whoopi ti yi yo, rockin’ to a fro, back in the saddle again...
Whoopi ti yi yea, I’ll go my own way
Back in the saddle again.”


Keeping his hands plainly on the reigns and clearly away from his twin holsters the cowboy continued closer to the group.

Mounted on a one eyed horse, the man wore a long leather duster, a red neckerchief around his neck, under a well worn black hat. He looked around thirty years of age, with handsome yet weathered looks. Some grey in his hair he looked to be in healthy condition. Two pistols he wore. A rifle tied to the horse. If not a gun fighter, definitely dressed as one. He looked like a man who had rode far.

”Whooa Odin. Hold up you half blind horse and let’s say hi to these fine folk.”

Slowly with his left hand holding the reigns he used his right to tip his hat and addressed the group:

”G’day to you. Looking at that there burnt mess, and you lot, I’m assuming this ain’t ya handy work then. If I’m wrong... let me know you’re the killers so I can call on Tyr’s justices. Nah. I don’t reckon it were you. Howdy... names Sydney Cohen. Sid will do. Headed towards some civilization I am.”

Looking across the sad scene at the dead he frowns.

”What brings ya here? And.... might ya spare a bit of water. I’m dead thirsty.”

Hello Fellow Players
Thanks for having me, and thanks for bearing with me as I get used to playing a new character, flushing them out and getting to know him, and y’all a bit more. Happy to join you.

- Dan (Lars)


((Sid and Odin))

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:02 am

Despite Archibald's fretting over his artistic skills, Abigail seemed impressed with his efforts to draw a sketch of her. It proved to be an enjoyable evening as the two of them ended up sat huddled together glazing up at the night sky.


The remnants of the homestead proved to be a grim contrast and bitterly reminded Archibald of the less than savourly sights he'd seen in Africa and marred his experiences there. It was occasions like this where he had to despair at humanity and its ready ability to inflict pain and suffering upon others. All there seemed left to do was to ensure the poor soul they found received a Christian burial before the drive moved on.

Rolls
Guts 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6

Guts Explodes 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild Explodes 1d6 = 4: 4

Guts Total: 17

It proved to be grim work, though perhaps because of Archibald's experiences in Africa he found himself relatively unfazed by the grisly remains. He enlisted the aid of some of the other hands in digging a grave for the unfortunate homesteader, a task they'd made progress on when a lone rider rode up. After the rider had introduced himself, Archibald replied. "No Mr ah...Cohen wasn't it? No, we came across somebody else's gruesome handiwork and seeing what we can do for the poor souls."

"Though where are my manners? Most rude of me to not properly introduce myself." Archibald continues. Captain Archibald Ellsworth, late of Her Majesty's Royal Engineers. I and my compatriots here are travelling with a cattle drive bound for the north, though I'd wager some of the locals here are less than friendly."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Jeff views the burned out homestead with a grim look on his face. A few years ago he'd had his own homestead. If things had gone differently, it could be his place burned out.

His dismounts and checks his guns reflexivly, then moves into the burned our ruins looking for any clue as to whose place it was, a picture, family bible, anything.
OOC Comments
notice
1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 3: 3

open
1d6+6 = 8: 2
When the stranger rides up and asks for water, Jeff glances around to see if there is a well, not wanting to interrupt his search

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Sid » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:50 am


Sid casually rests his hands on the saddle and nods at Archibald.

“Feel free to just call me Sid. Is a right pleasure to meet y’all. Unfriendly’s in the area eh? I would consider it a kindness if you let me ride with you for a while. Safety in numbers and all.”


Sliding from his saddle the pistolero kneels by the ashen dirt and lifts a small handful to inspect.

Sid points at the distant tripod and mutters under his breath.

”Yonder. I despair at what that is. Reckon I know, but don’t want to know.”

Wrapping the reigns to Odin, the one-eyes horse, around a charred tree, Sid slowly moves towards the burnt homestead.

”I seen something like this in Wyoming, few years back. It ain’t pretty.”

About to stride directly over to the tripod Sid stops and nods at Milton.

”Not trying to butt in on your inspection. I’d be happy to back your play. After you good Sir.”

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:55 am

Notice 1d8 = 6: 6
1d6 = 4: 4

John had spent his time in the waterfall, cleaning himself and playing a long ditty on his harmonica, entertaining or perhaps annoying people in earshot. His playing is perfunctory, but not one to raise the blood

Sometimes these places hide a cave John muses as he goes behind the waterfall. He comes out disappointed not to find anything and decides he has had enough of the water. Getting partially dressed as his shirt is damp, he heads back up the path.
OOC Comments
Quirk - Harmonica
Curious
"Morning Hope," he smiles at her as she comes the other way.

Hope Monaghan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 pm
n the morning, Hope caught John Baxter coming back from the spring. Clearly he’d been for a wash, his hair still wet, his shirt off, skin glistening with water under the rising sun, moving slowly over his taut, muscular torso. It made her ache a bit. It had been a long time since she’d had a man, and she couldn’t help but give him a flirty, coy smile as she gathered up her own things.
It takes John a second for Hope's smile to register.

Was Hope just giving me a flirty smile? John muses, glancing back at the firey redhead
That's quite a bit different than where we started out.


Taking the opportunity to do so, he checks over his pistols and rifle. He was getting closer to killing Black Dog and God willing, he would do so the next time they meet.


As they find the homestead, John gets off his horse to investigate
OOC Comments
Guts 1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 3: 3
As a rarity for all the things he had seen, his stomach turns when he sees the head and he excuses himself to look around the perimeter.

Tracking 14
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 10: 8 Ace 1d8+10 = 14: 4
1d6+2 = 5: 3
The_Marshall wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:44 pm
Tracking roll quickly reveals that there are tracks of well over a dozen horses and all of them were shod. Most Indian war parties ride unshod animals.
Shodded horses, all of them. Now unless an Indian warparty stole a herd, this does not seem to be indians.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 am

Guts 5
Guts 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Healing 1; crit fail
Healing 1d4-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
On the trail/Burned homestead
Morning
Round 0

Hope held her nose as the bag was opened, then watched John excuse himself. “Ugh. Is that a person?” she asked. “Who would do that?”

John poked around in the dirt for a bit, looking for tracks or something, as a rider rode up to the group.

“Well is just over there,” Hope told the man. She tossed him her canteen. “I’ll pull up the bucket if you’ll follow.”

The attractive redhead dressed in men’s trail clothes walked over to the well, removing her hat to wipe her forehead. The day was already turning warm. She hauled up the water and refilled any canteens given to her.

“I’m thinking this didn’t happen that long ago,” Hope said, noting the remains of the house. “Whoever did it might still be in the area.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Sid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:52 am

Sid caught the canteen as the redhead walked to the well ”I’ll pull up the bucket if you’ll follow.”

“Can do that. Thank you kindly.”


Sid drank deeply and refilled the canteen, returning it to Hope. ”Whoever did it might still be in the area.” she stated and Sid looked around at the ashen remains.

”I agree with you ma’am. Thinking I might poke around and track down whoever... whatever did this.”

Bowing slightly Sid smiled at her.

Looking across the devastation Sid frowned.


- - -
dice rolls
Knowledge (Occult) d6

1d6 = 3: 3

Wild Die

1d6 = 2: 2

Well. That tells me nothing.

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Sutter, rides back to see whats going on and greets the newcomer. "Listen mister, If you want to be travelling along with us you can providin' you do your fair share of the work around here in protectin the cattle and keepin them in line. The boys'll show you the ropes."

Unable to find any meaningful tracks from the happenings at the homestead Sutter demands that the trail continue.

Two days later, the posse hears the sound of a gun from far up the herd. Cresting a small rise, they see the herd is approaching another homestead, this one slightly larger than the last they saw. The lead steers are beginning to scatter and wander, while several Lazy S riders try to
get the animals under control. The cause of the confusion—and likely the source of the gunshot—appears to be a pair of men standing a short distance in front of the wandering cattle. As the posse moves closer, they can see both men are holding long guns. Two of the Lazy S crew, Sutter and Luke, seem to be trying to talk to the men, but even at a distance you can tell things are not going well.

Should any of you cowpokes approach the parley, they hear one of the homesteaders all but shouting at Sutter, "I’ll be damned if I let you trample my field with a bunch of stinkin’ Texas cows! It ain’t enough we got to contend with border raiders from New Mexico, homegrown guerillas, Injun raidin’ parties, and Gault’s bunch on top o’ all that, but now you want to go draggin’ a thousand head o’ cattle across our land. Ain’t no way
that’s happenin’, mister! I’ll stampede them cows all the way back to Santa Fe!"



Instructions:

What we have here is a good ol’ Social Conflict (see Savage Worlds for all the details; we provide all that’s neededhere to run the scene). The conflict is broken down into three rounds of heated conversation between the cowboys’ spokesman (or spokesmen, if two or more speakers are cooperating on the Persuasion roll) and the Farley brothers. The homesteaders aren’t a passive audience—they counter every point the speaker makes with arguments of their own.
Each round, the cowpunchers’ spokesman roleplays his argument and makes an opposed Persuasion roll against the Farley brothers’ cooperative roll (for which Gail aids Earle). Each side makes their argument, in turn starting with the players, without rolls, for all three rounds. Then both sides roll for all three rounds in a single post. This way, for the rolls, I can declare bonuses or penalties accordingly. Players who offer supporting arguments during the back-and-forth also get to post supporting rolls for that specific round. I will try to post their rebuttals every couple days.

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Sid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:48 pm


ROUND ONE // Social Conflict

Sid excepts the invitation to join the posse. Over the next few days prior to encountering the homesteader issue the gun slinger listens to instructions and pulls his weight with the cattle. Sid tries to be friendly to everyone, although truth be told he might spend a little more time around Hope, in the hopes of engaging her in conversation.

As the posse rides up on the conflict Sid shakes his head and dismisses the mental images he sees of his hands springing to his guns and firing two bullets. Two lousy sodbusters dealt with. Frowning he pushes the thoughts aside.

Trodding up adjacent to Sutter and Luke, Sid looks around the area. Taking in the big picture. Looking for escape avenues and sussing out any hidden enemies.

Notice Roll 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild die for Notice 1d6 = 1: 1

Pain in the back of his head begins searing into his eyes. Sid forgets what he was looking for, not noticing anything for a while. Eventually as he grits his teeth the pain lessens and he looks back at the angry homesteaders and listens to their complaints.

Sid slides off his horse gracefully and stands with the posse, and by Sutter, looking intimidating as he grits his teeth and squints his eyes. Hands hanging by his sides he doesn’t touch his irons but they are close as they hang in low slung drop holsters. Realizing that, at least for the moment as his head aches, he should just stand by and lend his support in being present. Sadly the more he tries to look unthreatening the more he looks ready for action.


- - -

As Hope talks Sid nods his head in approval.

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:36 am

On the trail/Farley homestead
Morning
Round 1

Hope had no complaints when the handsome Sid decided to ride near her. She was more than willing to chat with him, maybe even flirting a little, as was her nature, favoring him with the occasional smile or flutter of her long lashes over her green eyes.

When they heard the gunshot, Hope spurred Devil Eyes up the hill to see the lead team trying to keep the heard from stampeding while two men armed with rifles stood in the way of their progress.

Sutter and Luke didn’t seem to be having much success handling the situation, so Luke slipped off Devil Eyes. “Abby, could you hold him a bit?” Hope asked, handing the reins to the young woman. “And my hat.” She took off her Stetson and handed it over, then took the ties from her hair and shook her head, running her fingers through the long, red locks to get the dust out, letting it cascade down her shoulders and frame her sun-kissed face. She paused and then undid a couple top buttons on her shirt, letting her paler, freckled cleavage shine, her silver cross necklace resting in the valley.. She brushed the dust from her clothes and smiled up at Abby. “How do I look?”

Stepping around Devil Eyes and coming around into view of the boys for the first time. She saw the new guy, Sid, standing there menacingly. She touched Sutter’s shoulder. “Let me handle this, boss,” she whispered. Then she brushed her long, delicate fingers over Sid’s back and flashed him a reassuring smile to let him know she had this under control.

“What seems to be the problem, boys?” the attractive redhead asked. “We’re not looking for any trouble. Surely we can come to some resolution without violence. It will take a long time to go around your lands. And if you cause a stampede, you might get yourselves hurt. I wouldn’t want that.” She gave a full-lipped pout.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 am

Jeff takes some time to introduce Sid, explaining that he had only joined a few weeks back. "The rest come up from Texas, as I understand it. I ah ... ran into a spot of trouble, and they took me on"
------------

When the issue with the homesteader arises, Jeff mosey's over, looking over the place before speaking up. "I bin where you're at, homesteading's hard work. A couple days back we passed a burned out homestead, that from Gault's bunch ?"
OOC Comments
Note: Jeff looks the place over, to make sure everything is on the up and up. As a former Homesteader himself, I assume he'd could tell. Unless he seems something off, he intends to aid Hope's Persuasion

Notice:
1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 1: 1

explody dice:
1d6+6 = 9: 3
Last edited by Jeff Milton on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:32 am

"I say chaps, what is the matter here?" Archibald asks as he approached the heated debate. "Though where are my manners? Proper introductions are in order here, Captain Archibald Ellsworth at your service gentlemen."

"I'm sure this affair can be resolved peacefully and we can reach an accord that satisfies all concerned." Adds Archibald. "If you're worried about damage being caused by such a large herd, I'm sure we can offer financial or physical aid to remedy this chaps. Perhaps you could even guide us somehow across your land in a manner that minimizes the herd's impact?"
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Abby gladly takes the horse from Hope. She also gives Archibald a smile as he walks by. Glancing around nothing is out of the ordinary on the homestead.
Notice
Due to the higher notice you recall that in the disputed lands you know tensions are are typically much higher and people tend to be a bit of a tinderbox.
"Listen here! My brother Gail and I rightly don't care much for who you folks are. Traipsin' your cattle through our lands damages our lively hood. I don't reckon iffin it was Gault's crew did the damage to that other homestead as we aint seen them. Trips not too long to head out and go around our farmstead. Most likely it'll take y'all a day or so." Earle says as he spits his tobacco on the ground and sneers at the group.

Gail looks Hope up and down a bit as she walks up. Almost tongue tied he spits out his two cents, "Yeah ah Earle man he has the right of it. Those cattle is no good for us. They trample all our crops and make us replant and stuff. So best for us you folks turn around."

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 pm

"Ah come now chaps," Archibald says. "We're trying to be reasonable here."

"I can understand you're need to defend your livelihood, it is most assuredly a tough land full of dangers natural and otherwise." He continues, hitting on an idea. "We ourselves have had to fend off bandit and Indian attack, though in the process we acquired small arms and munitions."

"Course its surplus to our requirements as our chaps are reasonably well armed, but perhaps we could trade these rifles and ammunition for passage across your land?"
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:16 am

John swings wide checking out the area and making note about the best and least disruptive route.

Survival 4
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 4: 2
1d6 = 2: 2
Tracking 4
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 4: 2
1d6 = 1: 1
He comes back around and offers a suggestion;

"Presuming that your land covers there, if we take the cattle this way, that would appear to be the least disruptive to your land."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:35 am

Persuasion 8
Persuasion 1d10+4 = 7: 3
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
On the trail/Farley homestead
Morning
Round 2

“No, no, of course we don’t want to hurt your livelihood, boys!” Hope pouted. She saw Gail’s interest and flashed him a particularly alluring smile. “Surely there’s some piece of fallow land we can go through without ruining any crops. My friend Mr. Baxter thinks he’s found a way.” She leaned forward a bit, giving the two brothers a nice view of her cleavage as she whispered, “And how long’s it been since you boys had a woman around the place? Maybe we can come to an...arrangement.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:53 pm

If Gail wasn't drooling before he definitely is when Hope lets her chest show. Perturbed, Earl slaps Gail upside the back of his head. "Boy! get your dang tongue in your mouth! No reason to droll over this hussie. Girl you better cover up them baby feeders." Earl ushers Gail inside in a hurry before coming out to continue the conversation. "Your man is right that is probably my worst bit of land and I am always open for more ammunition. It is going to take awhile fore I can grow crops again though and obviously I got the slobbery dumb one ta feed."
OOC Comments
Just a reminder one more round and then I will let you guys know the bonuses to rolling vs. them and we can roll the 3 rounds at once.

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:12 am

Persuasion 19
Persuasion 1d10+4 = 14: 10
Ace 1d10+14 = 19: 5
Wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2
On the trail/Farley homestead
Morning
Round 2

Hope frowned a bit as Early hustled the obviously interested Gail off. Was he not a man? Had she lost her touch?

Hope reached into her bosom and pulled out the Confederate money they had found at the abandoned homestead. It came to thirty-six dollars. “We did come across this, and got some spare .45 pistol ammunition we took from the bandits,” she said.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:57 pm

"Well my good man," Archibald says. "If it helps sweeten the deal perhaps we can lend some assistance and help improve things here, perhaps dig an irrigation ditch?"

"We're not afraid of a little hard work and I do have a background in military engineering."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:34 am

"Or we could cut you loose a steer." Jeff suggests. "A reasonable price t' pay"

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Sid » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Listening Sid still thinks this is easily settled by a six gun, however, he is trying to be... civil now.

"Obviously gentlemen, as you see, our group is desperately trying to make it worth your while to work with us. How about you just go with it. Peaceful out come and all, you profit too."


Folding his arms across his chest Sid smiles at the homesteaders.

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:16 pm

John pats the back of his horse's head as he waits for the men to make a decision

"Look, if you can make some money or something of us, that'll work out better for you. Don't suppose you have any problems round here that need dealing with that we could help with?" he asks, pulling out his harmonica and playing a few notes.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Backing down the Farley brother's give in they allow you to cross for the cash and some ammunition. They also agree to help escort the drive on its way across their land mentioning that you guys are more than generous. The whole time they cross with you Gail follows Hope closely always with his eyes glued to her. On more than one occasion he almost gets his horse injured narrowly avoiding it and even once his horse whinnies and unceremoniously knocks him from the saddle.


A few days after the herd passes the Farley homestead, Sutter comes to the posse with a special assignment. He says, "I sent a pair of hands off to Dog Leg—that’s a small town a day’s ride to the west—to scout for reprovisions. They ain’t come back yet. I’m more than a little worried they’ve run afoul of Indians, border raiders, bandits, or even that Gault fellow them Farley boys mentioned. I want y’all to ride over to Dog Leg and see if you can’t find them yahoos. I'm going to keep the herd moving north. If the you are delayed or lose the trail, I’ll wait for you outside Exposition, a town a few days to the north."

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Jeff nods. "Do you also want us to check on provisions, or just our lost boys?"

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:09 am

On the trail
Morning
Round 0

Hope is grateful that they were able to resolve the situation with the Farley brothers amicably. She even found it a little cute the way Gail followed her around, at least until he almost got him and his horse injured. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and a wink when they finally parted ways at the edge of their land.

Now Sutter came to them with concerns about some hands he had sent for supplies that hadn’t come back. “We can check it out,” she assured him. “What can you tell us about this Dog Leg?” she asked.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WWR
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Adventure Card:
  • That's Crazy Talk, Mister: Play this card to cause all non-wild card enemies suffer a -2 MAP as they stop to listen to your jabbering for one round.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:15 pm

"Sounds like a charming place."Archibald comments, a little dryly. "Though, it is known whether either man is fond of the drink?"

"Not looking to mark anyone's character, just trying to articulate a possible explanation for the men's late return."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Sid » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:44 am

Nodding at Sutter as he explains what he wants the Posse to do, Sid cinches his saddle and makes sure he and his bothersome horse are ready to ride. Checking his side arms to ensure that somehow the bullets hadn't magically disappeared, why do slingers always check their ammo, no one else would live putting their hands on his guns... shaking his head his thoughts are brought back on line and he wonders why the damned horse has been so bitchy lately. Seems like Horse wasn't thrilled to see him after his injury and getaway.

Sighing Sid climbs into the saddle, ready to go.

At Jeff's mention of provisions, Sid reflects that he still has his hardtack and some old cheese in hi sown pack. Haven't felt hungry lately.

“What can you tell us about this Dog Leg?” Hope asked.

"...is it known whether either man is fond of the drink?" Archibald asked.

Whiskey. Need to replenish my supply - seems like as much as I down - I feel empty still. I've become a professional drunk or something. I just need More.

"Ready to ride when you are. Lets check out this Dog Leg."

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:35 am

John readies his horse and weapons, preparing to head off. His leg ached a bit, wanting to sleep in a proper bed for a change.

"Let's see, two men, who won't have seen a tavern for a few weeks and letting off steam are running late." John shakes his head as he blows a note on his harmonica.

"Aces to eights that we find them locked up in the Sheriff's cell."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Jeff chuckles. "Speakin' from the voice of experience?" he jests

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:11 pm

rolls carried

John looks at Jeff and chuckles softly.

"It only happened the once. Had to drag Benny out a couple of times," he scratches his scalp just under his hat before readjusting it, "can't say its an experience I care to repeat."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:33 pm

"Those boys will most certainly at least have stopped in the tavern though usually they don't get too heavy into the drink. Hopefully they have already procured the provisions if any are to be had from the place. I don't know too much about it other than it is small place."

Dog Leg
Early Afternoon
Fear Level: 3

After an uneventful trip, the posse arrives in Dog Leg. As Sutter said, it’s a small settlement with around 100 residents. The town’s small business
district consists of a livery, a small saloon, a general store, and the marshal’s office, so looking for signs of the missing trail hands appears to be a fairly easy matter.

Instructions
Please let me know which buildings you go in. I will also need notice rolls. I am going to try and start the posts going forard with the fear level for the location.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:15 am

Notice 6
Notice 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
After the party arrived in the so-called town of Dog Leg, Archibald glances round and frowns. It was what he'd been expecting and he was more disappointed that he'd been proven right, the town wasn't dismal looking but it didn't inspire any encouragement. With a sigh, he dismounted from his horse and tied its reins to a hitching post before speaking to the others. "I say chaps, and ladies, I propose making the store our first port of call to see whether our missing fellows managed to acquire the provisions they were sent for. At least it'll give us some idea whether they made it here or decided to indulge in other activities first."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:51 am

Notice 3
Notice 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
On the trail
Morning
Round 0

“Sounds like a plan, Archie,” Hope said. “You check the store. I’ll check the saloon. Someone should check the marshal’s office, just in case they got into a bit of drunken trouble. Someone grab the livery. Might as well split up. We could cover the town faster then.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WWR
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Adventure Card:
  • That's Crazy Talk, Mister: Play this card to cause all non-wild card enemies suffer a -2 MAP as they stop to listen to your jabbering for one round.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:57 am

notice
1d8 = 1: 1
1d6 = 2: 2

"Jeff, you take the Livery, Sid, you go with Hope," John gets down from his horse and straightens his hat, "I'll take the marshall's office. If you find out where they are, come find the rest of us."

Hopefully get this done quickly
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:23 am

"Let's meet up back at the saloon" Jeff suggests as he reins his horse towards the livery.
OOC Comments
notice
1d6 = 5: 5
1d6 = 4: 4

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Sid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Sid nods. He’d rather go to the saloon with Hope than the Marshal office that’s for sure.

Pretty lady. Whiskey. Or the law. Easy choice.

Nodding at Hope he follows her lead.

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Dog Leg
Fear Level 3
General Store (Archie)
Entering the general store Archie is greeted by a stout gentleman. “Hello sir, how can I help you this fine afternoon?” Inquiring about your cohorts the man explains that he was set to load up their wagon this morning, but they never showed as the Marshall arrested them yesterday. Archie notices the man stop his jovial nature at the mention of the Marshall unwilling to continue the conversation any further.

Saloon (Hope & Sid)
Arriving in the saloon gets Hope a whistle or two which stop abruptly as the men in the saloon see Sid follow closely behind. Talking with people in the Saloon yields similar results people mention that they were arrested yesterday by the Marshall. When pressed for more information most of the people clam up or quickly change the subject. On of them even whispers to Hope while staring at Sid “Why would you go with a deader over a real man?”
OOC Comments
Sid a notice will let you hear what he said.

The Livery (Jeff)
The livery is rather unremarkable and the gentleman working in there seems rather clueless to goings on outside of his care for the horses which he seems very into. You notice that their horses are still here. After leaving and walking back towards the saloon you here mention of a man named Gault. The people talking about him are speaking in whispers, but you also manage to here them say that they think he is working for the Black River railroad.

The Marshall (John)
At first glance, the office appears to a rather unremarkable wooden building with a freshly—if crudely— painted sign announcing MARSHAL. The door to the marshal’s office stands slightly ajar. Inside, Marshal Wilcott sits behind a desk with his feet up and hat down. Near the back of the office the two Sutter trail hands sit on the floor, chained to a metal eyebolt. Both men look worse for wear, sporting bruises and scrapes, and one of them has a black eye. Marshal Wilcott tips his hat up as John enters and a pair of unkempt cowpokes wearing deputy’s badges eye the posse from the other side of the room. He asks in a surly voice, What do you folks want?” Upon mentioning the two gentlemen Wilcott says, “Well, we got us a little problem. These fellows came in bustin’ up the place, and me and the boys had to take ’em into custody—for the good o’ the town. Before we can let ’em go, we’d need restitution for the damages to local establishments”.

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:29 am

On the trail
Morning
Round 0

Hope gave a flirtatious smile at the whistlers as she entered the saloon, though was a bit surprised -- maybe annoyed -- when they suddenly stopped as Sid entered behind her. She ordered a drink and started her way around the tables, talking and flirting with the patrons, looking for the Sutter hands.She found out rather quickly that the marshal had arrested them, but no one seemed willing to talk about why. That seemed odd.

“Why would you go with a deader over a real man?” one of the men said to Hope. She gave him a confused look and followed his gaze to Sid.

“What do you mean?” she asked. “Sid’s a decent guy. Besides, I’m not with anyone.” She smiled flirtatiously and ran her hand down the man’s chest. “We just work together. Still don’t wanna tell me why the marshal arrested our hands?”
Persuasion 9
Persuasion 1d10+4 = 9: 5
Wild 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WWR
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Adventure Card:
  • That's Crazy Talk, Mister: Play this card to cause all non-wild card enemies suffer a -2 MAP as they stop to listen to your jabbering for one round.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:38 am

The man blushes as Hope rubs up against him. Then he stands up and looks around the room and pulls Hope along to the back corner when he continues to whisper to her. This time more than an insult. "About a month or so ago, a large band of marauders rode into town with Socrates Gault at their head. When the town marshal tried to stand them down, the thugs gunned him down instead."

Nervously he looks around again trying to make sure no one else is listening or paying any attention to them before continuing. "Gault installed one of his henchmen, Dalton Wilcott, as the current marshal and left a few more outlaws as “deputies.” Wilcott and two other lackeys of Gault now pretty much run the town. People are afraid to take any action against the outlaws for fear of reprisals by Gault and his gang."

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Sid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:58 am


OOC Comments
Notice Roll 1d6 = 4: 4, wd 1d6 = 2: 2
Making his way to the bar, Sid admires the metal rail on the patron side. Used for hitching your belt to and keeping a fellow "standing" as one keeps drinking, and drinking... he wouldn't need the railing today. Smirking he took in the patrons of the saloon, watching Hope make her way around.

Ordering a Whiskey Sid knocked it back, then two more. The Fourth he nursed, watching Hope flirt and extract information.

"Damn. Smooth."

Left hand holding this shot, right hand down to his side, hand ready to draw, Sid leaned back against the bar and observed.

Frowning at the man's statement to Hope, "Who the hell is he calling a deader?" Sid shakes his head and listens as his eyes wander about.

"Barkeep, what can you tell me about this here, Gault? Might be I'm in town to collect a bounty and wannta know what I'm walkin inta."

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:22 am

At the mention of Gault's name out loud most everyone looks around nervously. Some people also get up and leave. The bar tender continues about his business after a pause, acting like he did not see a thing.

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:17 am

The_Marshall wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm
Dog Leg
Fear Level 3

The Livery (Jeff)
The livery is rather unremarkable and the gentleman working in there seems rather clueless to goings on outside of his care for the horses which he seems very into. You notice that their horses are still here. After leaving and walking back towards the saloon you here mention of a man named Gault. The people talking about him are speaking in whispers, but you also manage to here them say that they think he is working for the Black River railroad.
Jeff pauses, checking his pocketwatch against the position of the sun in the sky, trying to listen if they say anything more. "Excuse me, I'm kind of new to these parts. Just passing through, don't want any trouble. I could stand you boys a drink if you could let me know if there is anything, or any one, I should stay clear of"
OOC Comments
Persuasion
1d4 = 3: 3
1d6 = 1: 1

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:19 am

The_Marshall wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm
General Store (Archie)
Entering the general store Archie is greeted by a stout gentleman. “Hello sir, how can I help you this fine afternoon?” Inquiring about your cohorts the man explains that he was set to load up their wagon this morning, but they never showed as the Marshall arrested them yesterday. Archie notices the man stop his jovial nature at the mention of the Marshall unwilling to continue the conversation any further.
"Thank you for your time my good man, please a little gift for your troubles." Archibald replies, handing the shopkeeper some money. "If there is anything that comes to mind, even a task that I and my compatriots could help with, please let me know. Though in the meantime, I'll confer with my party about arranging for the supplies to be picked up. Good day to you sir."

Archibald leaves the general stores and makes for the marshal's office to meet up with John, mainly to see how well the cowboy had gotten on. Hopefully it was just a case of a few ruffled feathers with the local law enforcement, a fairly minor matter that could be speedily resolved.

Note to GM
Archibald gives the shopkeeper $10.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:17 pm

As Jeff approaches the gentlemen they hurry on their way. One of the shouts back "Just mind your own business! You outsiders aint nothing but trouble."

At seeing the ten dollar bill, the shop keep beams a bit and returns to his jovial way as he waves Archie out the door.

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:12 pm

With a slight frown, Jeff turns to head for the saloon. He spots Archie coming out of the general store and angles over the meet up with him. "Any luck?"

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 am

"Ah, Mr Milton." Archibald nods as he greets Jeff. "Some my dear chap, some."

"It would appears that our fellows did indeed arrive in this charming little town, though it would also appear that they got into trouble with the long arm of the law. To be honest I do not see this being more than a case of a few ruffled feathers, so should be an easy matter to resolve."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:22 am

As they head into the saloon, Jeff comments, "Ah heard some locals talking about some fella named Gault, and Black River. But they got downright untalkative when Ah tried to have a palaver with 'em"

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:41 am

Dog’s Leg
Afternoon
Round 0

Hope listened to the man’s report about Gault and Wilcott. “That sounds sticky,” she said with an attractive pout. “What can you tell me about this Gault and Wilcott?” she said. “Sounds like we might have trouble getting our cowhands out of the pokey. This Wilcott have any...vices?” she asked with a knowing wink and a flirty smile.
Persuasion 9, but a 1 on Persuasion
Persuasion 1d10+4 = 5: 1
Wild 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WWR
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Adventure Card:
  • That's Crazy Talk, Mister: Play this card to cause all non-wild card enemies suffer a -2 MAP as they stop to listen to your jabbering for one round.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Last edited by Hope Monaghan on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Notice
1d8 = 7: 7
1d6 = 2: 2
The_Marshall wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm
The Marshall (John)
At first glance, the office appears to a rather unremarkable wooden building with a freshly—if crudely— painted sign announcing MARSHAL. The door to the marshal’s office stands slightly ajar. Inside, Marshal Wilcott sits behind a desk with his feet up and hat down. Near the back of the office the two Sutter trail hands sit on the floor, chained to a metal eyebolt. Both men look worse for wear, sporting bruises and scrapes, and one of them has a black eye. Marshal Wilcott tips his hat up as John enters and a pair of unkempt cowpokes wearing deputy’s badges eye the posse from the other side of the room. He asks in a surly voice, “What do you folks want?” Upon mentioning the two gentlemen Wilcott says, “Well, we got us a little problem. These fellows came in bustin’ up the place, and me and the boys had to take ’em into custody—for the good o’ the town. Before we can let ’em go, we’d need restitution for the damages to local establishments”.

John looks over at the cowpokes in their condition; new sign, no cells, something did not seem right here.

"Really?" John raises an eyebrow as he talks to the marshal, "I did not peg them for the sort. What kind of damages are we jawing about? And which ones? My companions and I might be able to repair any damage they caused and get them on their way where they can't bother your citizens any more?"

Persuasion
OOC Comments
1d4 = 3: 3
1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Jeff Milton wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:22 am
As they head into the saloon, Jeff comments, "Ah heard some locals talking about some fella named Gault, and Black River. But they got downright untalkative when Ah tried to have a palaver with 'em"
"Curiouser and curiouser old boy." Archibald mutters. "The shopkeeper was less than forthcoming after mentioning that the local marshal had arrested the chaps we're looking for."

"Wonder if there is any connection? Though Black River is ringing a bell..." Mused Archibald. "Oh well, I'm sure it'll come to me. Though in the mean time I will pay the local marshal a visit."

Note to GM
Common Knowledge roll to see whether Black River means anything.

Smarts 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

....probably not with that roll. :S
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Archibald Ellsworth wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:35 pm


"Wonder if there is any connection? Though Black River is ringing a bell..." Mused Archibald. "Oh well, I'm sure it'll come to me. Though in the mean time I will pay the local marshal a visit."
Jeff nods. "I'll go to the saloon and fill the others in. Don't be to long at the Marshal's"

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:31 pm

After bidding farewell to Jeff, Archibald heads for the Marshal's office and frowned when he found the building. Whilst it wasn't going to be a stout brick building commonly used by the venerable English bobby, the building appeared to be little more than a shack that somebody had hastily put up a sign outside of. It didn't exactly inspire much in the way of confidence, rather the complete opposite.

"Ah, beg your pardon my good man." Archibald addressed the marshal as he entered, also nodded at John. "It appears that you're the chap I'm looking for and I see you've already met my compatriot."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:58 pm

Dog Leg
Midday
Fear Level 3

Marshall Wilcott looks John up and down and nods a bit at his attempt to persuade them. "Well sirs," he looks to Archibald as he enters. "I reckon you fellers are fine folk, however I suppose I can let them go for $150 each if you got the cash on hand."

His deputies smile and look at each other before returning their looks to John and Archibald at the door.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:17 pm

"I see," Archibald replied, a frown spreading across this face. "Well chaps, you can no doubt see that I am a ranking military officer and a gentleman. I also believe in doing things by the book, after all my good man where would we be without the rules of civilisation?"

"Now this is where we come into dispute gentlemen; I am certain that these men were unlawfully detained." Continued Archibald. "Now I do believe that correct procedure is to bring the matter before a magistrate to resolve, though that would require the intervention of the authorities....something I'm sure you're keen to avoid."

"As I said, I like to do things by the book and I'm looking to be reasonable here chaps. Now I do believe the standard fine for the supposed crime that these men have been charged with is fifty dollars, a fee I'm willing to pay."

"Course if you're unwilling to do so then, as a military officer, I have the right to conscript you and your men into the army. My compatriot here is also an army man and can back me up, so what will it be gentlemen?"

Note to GM
Persuasion roll 1d4-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2

Persuasion explodes 1d4-2 = 0: 2

WHITE benny to re-roll.

Persuasion 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5

WHITE benny to re-roll again

Persuasion 1d4-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5

RED benny to add 1d6 = 1: 1

Total: 4
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Marshall Wilcott smiles "Well you here mister brit. I aint bout to be joining your army. In this town me and my boys is the law." As he finishes his hand rests on his side arm clearly ready to draw. His deputies stand up as well one of them spitting into the spittoon resting their hands to their weapons as well. "My boys have been a little antsy after wrangling up these other criminals you see. Best you boys be on your way."

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:07 pm

"Just so that you know," Archibald says coldly, his own hand resting on the hilt of his sword. "I've faced down Zulu warriors in Africa, traded blows with Indian braves and bested the nameless horrors that stalk these cursed lands."

"I advise that you, sir, think very carefully about taking any course of action that you will come to regret. But know this, I cannot abide bullies."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Notice 1d8 = 8: 8 ace 1d8+8 = 16: 8 1d8+16 = 19: 3
1d6 = 1: 1
Archibald Ellsworth wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:17 pm
"Course if you're unwilling to do so then, as a military officer, I have the right to conscript you and your men into the army. My compatriot here is also an army man and can back me up, so what will it be gentlemen?"
Didn't we fight a war a hundred years so you couldn't do things like that John rolls his eyes

"No longer in the army gentlemen," John smiles at them and whistles at the amount, "150 dollars apiece. How much damage did they do?"
Archibald Ellsworth wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:07 pm
"Just so that you know," Archibald says coldly, his own hand resting on the hilt of his sword. "I've faced down Zulu warriors in Africa, traded blows with Indian braves and bested the nameless horrors that stalk these cursed lands."

"I advise that you, sir, think very carefully about taking any course of action that you will come to regret. But know this, I cannot abide bullies.
As bad as the sign outside looks, maybe let's not kill people who may the legitimate legal authority in this town and have bounties on our heads.

"If you'll excuse us for a just a few moments," John tips his hat to the sheriff and places his hand on Archie's shoulder, trying to guide him out of the jail, "I will need to see about gathering the necessary funds. I tend not to carry such a princely sum on my person." John keeps his hand near his pistol ready to draw if need be as surreptitious as possible.

stealth
1d6 = 2: 2
1d6 = 4: 4
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 am

"My apologies for that old boy." Archibald says once he and John were back in the street outside. "Though something does not sit right with that Marshal."

"Mr Milton mentioned that the locals appear to be afraid of the Marshal, though he also said there was mentioned of a man named Gault and something about a Black River." Explained Archibald. "Besides, I do believe that the 'marshal' was trying to extort us."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:53 am

Archibald Ellsworth wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 am
"My apologies for that old boy." Archibald says once he and John were back in the street outside. "Though something does not sit right with that Marshal."
John glances back at the jail and shrugs.

"Quite probably. However, I like to make sure before we go charging in."
Archibald Ellsworth wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 am
"Mr Milton mentioned that the locals appear to be afraid of the Marshal, though he also said there was mentioned of a man named Gault and something about a Black River." Explained Archibald. "Besides, I do believe that the 'marshal' was trying to extort us."
John sighs and adjusts his hat.

"Black River you say," John pulls out his harmonica and blows a few notes, "less of a place in this instance and more a group. Might need to find out more, but that complicates things a tad."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:34 am

"The shopkeeper I spoke to might be willing to provide answers if given some friendly encouragement." Archibald replied. "Though I would not have any hope there, the locals seem reluctant to discuss the marshal."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 am

"Lets give them reason to talk then. Where are the others?"

John heads to the rendezvous

"Okay, we have run into a slight problem. The Marshall wants $300 to release the two cowpokes we are here to find. Unless they were stealing horses and for that they would be hung, the good captain here believes the authorities here are up to no good."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:42 am

The marshall and his boys follow you out. Their hands still clearly near their pistols though they stay on the porch of the "sheriff's office" and eye you suspiciously as you guys make to the rendezvous of the saloon. Easily enough you guys find a semi secluded seat out of earshot of the rest of the patrons. Although many of them do eyeball you and go back to their drinks as they notice you looking there way.
Instructions
Please discuss whatever plans the group wants to use to get the boys back I will throw in information as needed or requested either here or in hangouts.

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 am

Jeff summarizes briefly what he learned. "All I got is that some fella named Gault works for Black River. And the local don't like strangers, but that ain't that unusual"

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Notice 1d8 = 4: 4
1d6 = 4: 4

"Black River means railroad and a nasty and duplicitous one at that." John taps the table with his harmonica before blowing a couple of notes. He then speaks quietly to the group as to not be heard.

"I don't know about you fellas and Hope of course, but I am a little light for $300. Now, there are only three of them. I reckon we can do something there, but I worry what their employers will do to the town afterwards. Not like we'd be sticking around afterwards to protect them."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:24 pm

"We could scrape together the money I suppose, but I'd rather not hand over a single coin to a scoundrel who's clearly trying to extort us." Answered Archibald. "Though Mr Baxter is right that we can't protect them, especially since this seems to be bandit country and I do not wish to delay our return to the herd."

"Though, did Miss Hope find out much?"
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:43 am

Dog’s Leg
Afternoon
Round 0
OOC Comments
Hope never got an answer about Wilcott’s vices, so she doesn’t have much else to add other than the names Gault and Wilcox (the sheriff).
“Folks around here are a bit scared,” Hope admitted. “They don’t much like this Sheriff Wilcox and his crew. But they definitely ain’t real lawmen. Maybe we can separate them, take them one at a time?” she suggested. “I mean, I bet I could get a man real distracted if one of ya’ll wanted to sneak up behind. Maybe the one with the jail keys? We leave ‘em alive and sitting in their own pokey, maybe Gault won’t take it out on the town?”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WWR
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Adventure Card:
  • That's Crazy Talk, Mister: Play this card to cause all non-wild card enemies suffer a -2 MAP as they stop to listen to your jabbering for one round.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:23 am

"Best way to make sure they don't take vengence on the town, is if'n they ain't around to take vengence" Jeff points out somewhat brutally. "Not sure why they'd go after the town, we ain't from here. The tricky part is shootin' folks with badges, no matter how corrupt, could cause problems down the traill. And if make our play, they have our boys there under the gun. The other option is to bust our boys out quiet like. I like the idea of getting the keys, getting our boys out, then seeing what's what. "

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:48 am

"Perhaps a dab of misdirection would be in order?" Suggests Archibald. "We depart, ride a short distance so we're out of sight of the town and then creep back in under the cover of darkness."

"Strike when they least expect it."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:27 pm

John looks at Jeff and raises an eyebrow.

"Why would the fact we won't be here deter them from taking revenge on innocent townfolk?"
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:31 am

Jeff shakes his head. "What, I meant that they can't take no revenge on anybody if they're dead"

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”