Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Adventures of the Legion's 1st Special Exploratory Team.
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:48 am

Saving Hauptmann Schmidt
Conditions wrote:
  • In the Skybunker (invisibility has expired)
The Coalition operates a military base outside of the city of Fort El Dorado. This base started life as an outpost but has seen rapid expansion since Arkasas joined the Coalition States. Landing areas have been cleared for giant Death’s Head Transports and even the massive CS Skylifter aircraft. Rumor has it the Emperor is considering sending a Firestorm mobile fortress to augment the base and protect CS Arkansas against the growing threat from the Federation of Magic and local ‘terrorist organizations’ (aka the Tomorrow Legion).

Step One: Avoid Detection
Military air traffic happens daily with transports shuttling troops all over the CS Empire. Figuring out which transport will house the prisoner and its flight path is a top priority. No point in hijacking the wrong transport. Unfortunately, the base is well into the Coalition controlled area of Arkansas making any attempts to fly or infiltrate via ground extremely difficult due to military grade air and ground defenses.
  • Skills: Any
    Tokens Required: 15
    Difficulty: -4 (Stealth, Survival, Electronics are only at -2)
Dog Packs!
Using Arcane skill as a support roll is possible but is treated as an additional complication (-2) due to the presence of CS Dog Packs and Psi-Stalkers

Failure
If the group fails to collect all the tokens they will lose one extra per lost token or can opt to take a wound instead.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:00 am

Survival -2, 1d8-2 = 2: 4 Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
After flying a head on my griffon better set down and look arround.
Stormforge all brimming full of power having merged with the raptor god Kawhi strode into the wild looking for a way past the CS patrols. While bending over a series of deep tracks Gryphus never hears the snapping of twigs and leaves behind him. A pawed hand grabs him from behind, ” Grrrr... Thompson to base... I got some two bit muck raker poking around.”

Stormforge cries, ” Unhand me and I will show you a beautiful life... A world with wonder and gleam such that your eyes will unbeleive!”

The black haired dog boy growls again, ” Yeah Echo to Serria one this guy might be a frequent patron at Wild Bills... Seems to be going on about a world of wonder.”

Stormforge was about to rain down lightning and call thunder when the dog boy shethed his side arm. Mosre docile the dogboy barked ” Listen fella, head back to your homestead... No need for you to tear an ACL or anything out here wondering around in the dark. Also watch commander Durant said to keep your wonders in your pants. Have a good night Stormforge...”

Gryphus noded and walked a way... He muttered suddenly, ” Stormforge? How the hell...” Gryphus’ words were cut short as he never saw the vibro blade coming. The tip burst through his chest leaking blood...

Gryphus fell to the ground whispering, ”Seric...”

I’ll the take the wound.
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:50 am

OOC Comments
Taking the Wound!
harsh
But I meant that on total successes not per each roll
For example, if you end up getting 13/15 tokens you can sacrifice two extras or take a wound
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:27 pm


Tracking 13


Dice Tracking d8 (Scene Mod -4)


1d8 = 8: 8 1d8 = 5: 5 bennie EE 1d6 = 4: 4 = 17-4 = 13

Wild 1d6 = 2: 2




Seric skims across the ground, low and careful on the hover cycle trying to keep up with the griffin riding mage.

'Slow down Stormforge. If I go faster my engine will make too much noise.'

Seeing the Mage land Seric sighs.

'Good, we are damned close and on foot will be stealthier by far. Maybe now I can catch up too.'

Dismounting and heading on foot the Mage sneaks further ahead.

Moments later a Seric lands and kills the engine. Looking sideways at the big “bird” the two lock eyes a moment until the griffin snorts and Seric flinches, the Slinger then runs after Stormforge in order to catch up.

While doing so the Villain of Carlsbad slows and crouches down. Canting his head a little he listens to talking ahead, and sees the tracks at the same time.

'Oh crap. Dog Boys and somewhere over to the right is a Psi Stalker. That limits my options considerably.'

Setting his small backpack down on the ground Seric moves further to the right as he hears Stormforge talking.

Just beyond the next tree is the Stalker who is sitting on the rear tailgate of a beat up jeep. Left over from a by gone age, its rusty tailgate is being used as a seat.

"Durant here...listen stupid I'm not base, I'm Sierra, and you are echo, Thompson, got it! You report to me! Anyway what you got... well I don't care. Kill him or don't if he's harmless. Just do it and get back here with that water from the stream this PB&J sucks and is making my mouth more gucky than a ruptured ACL. This is why I usually just suck Mages dry....wait. DO I sniff sniff, is the guy with you a Mage? I smell something. Hurry back."

As the Psi Stalker tosses the rest of the sandwich on the ground, the radio onto the jeep bed, and stands up to stretch Seric moves in from behind the man.

---

Rifling through the dead Stalkers pack Seric glances over at the dead man and whispers. "Sucker." Pocketing the cred stick from the Psi Stalker's pack the Psi Slinger moves past the broken neck Psi Stalker, grabs his CS radio and heads towards where he hears a growling voice telling Stormforge to move along.

Moving quietly though the trees Seric sees the Mage muttering and walking away.

'Good, let him go.'

Then the black haired dog boy pounces towards Stormforge with a vibro knife.

'Shi...'

Bursting across the distance Seric runs closer as the blade is plunged into the Mage, fierce anger turns the Slingers vision red at the edges.

Ruthless bloodthirsty and remorseless anger flows in the psychics mind so much so that the dog boys senses it and instead of stabbing the Mage a second time, spins to face Seric.

Slashing the vibro blade out at Seric, Thompson growls deeply as behind him Stormforge slumps forward.

Barreling into the large dog boy Seric catches the swing under his arm, the blade hits him in the side and back, scraping across the armor uselessly. Grasping the dog boys unhelmeted head in both his hands the Psi Slinger unleashes bolts, point blank, from both hands incinerating the mutts head. As the dog boy drops Seric kicks it in the chest and the now headless being lands on the ground near Stormforge. Seething with anger and holding his hands out, pointing pistol fingers at the dead dog boy Seric fights to calm himself.

"Seric...."

A few breaths later he dashes to the Mage's side and turns him over.

Seric slaps a IRMMS to the Mage and utilizes the Healing option on his Armor. Between the two hopefully Stormforge will be revitalized.

"Stormforge, hey. Hold on. Let me get you patched up brother. There. Take a moment, here have some water..."

Snatching the full canteen from the dead dog boy Seric hands it to the Mage.

"When you feel better we can head in together man."

As Stormforge drinks the water and recovers Seric looks from dog boy to mage. Lifting a finger to signal hold on a second Seric moves back to the Psi Stalker and lifts his dead boy up, carries him back to Stormforge and then rushes off to get his own backpack he left down the path. Everything gathered Seric sizes up the dead Stalker.

"We look about the same size. I could wear his CS armor?"

Seric uses the TL radio to send a update to the others.



Note: CK Medium Armor = Medium Armor suits include either the healing power, which can be used on self or others. IRMSS medical tool to heal also.

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Electronics 11, Success + 1 Raise
K/Electronics: 1d12+4 = 11: 7 (Normally +6, -2 Scene Modifier)
Wild Die: 1d6+4 = 8: 4

The move into CS territory requires speed and stealth. Flying the Dragonwing overhead, Rod uses the robot's advanced sensors to guide the team around mechanized patrols both in the air and the ground as they approach Fort El Dorado.

"Everyone act casual, and try not to use any magic," Rod says over the comms.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Roderick Wolfram wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm
Electronics 11, Success + 1 Raise
K/Electronics: Original post: 1d12+4 = 11: 7 (Normally +6, -2 Scene Modifier)
Wild Die: Original post: 1d6+4 = 8: 4

The move into CS territory requires speed and stealth. Flying the Dragonwing overhead, Rod uses the robot's advanced sensors to guide the team around mechanized patrols both in the air and the ground as they approach Fort El Dorado.

"Everyone act casual, and try not to use any magic," Rod says over the comms.
Stormforge’s eyes blazed with elemental prowess as his ally Seric revived him. His voice was low as a storm rumbled, ” Dog boys a plenty... Minus one at least thanks to Seric.”

Gryphus extends his hand both in friendship and assistance in regaining his balance. ” My thanks Seric... I did not realize the hatred that my kind warrents. Shifters sure... Maybe even a walker. But I am trying to bring the beauty of magic back. Don’t they get it?” While the mighty raptor god Kawhi still flowed through his viens, the true atlantean still sought answers.
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:25 am

Electronics 11, Success with a Raise
Electronics 1d8+4 = 7: 3 (Machine Maestro offsets -2 scene modifier, adds an additional +2 for using a TW device, and HJ roll gives him another +2 against electronic security)
Wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Let's EE that: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Anon begins working the radio in his suit, scanning for Coalition broadcasts and pinpointing hostile positions. He marks them down on a chart, keeping careful track of times and movements, looking for patterns. ”This should come in handy.”
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Sinder hates to leave his bodyguard, Angel behind, but A flying Flaming Tiger is a definite give away that there is magic in the area.

Stealth Using a benny to use Psi Roll
Stealth 1d12 = 6: 6 Beny for +4, -4=6
Wild Dice
1d6 = 4: 4


He knows his armor has advantages and disadvantages. It being a bright red is one of those things on the dis side along with that it radiates magic. On the plus side the ability to go through walls is a good stealth concept. He decides to keep it on and dons over his armor an oversize top and bottoms with a cloak and hood. His hover cycle will help him with the getting around. He then starts off with the others. He looks around the suburbs around the forts.

I might know someone near the Fort "I Know a Guy" plus a Adventure card to get all the information.
Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Underground tunnels into the air field where is the Dirty Thirty park the vehicle. Where can we get CS suits or uniforms .
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:47 pm

Narration ensues once I know what the heck is going on.

Rolls: Knowledge (Computers) 10, 1 benny spent
Gonna go with Computers on this one, in honor of Alecto's newfound hackerness. 1d12-2 = 0: 2 or 1d6-2 = -1: 1 including the -4 penalty

Yeah, bennying that 1d12 = 10: 10 or 1d6 = 5: 5, now includes elan.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:04 am

Ilserayne Supports Anarik +1
Fatigue -1
Persuasion 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Intimidation 4; 1 Token
+1 from Ilserayne, -1 Fatigue
Intimidation 1d8+1 = 5: 4
Wild 1d6+1 = 5: 4
El Dorado
Night
Round 0

If there was one thing that seemed universal about flyboys, it was that they rarely could refuse a pretty face. So when invited to a picnic by a gorgeous local redheaded farm girl, James Sullivan wasn’t thinking with his big head and snuck off base for a literal roll in the hay.

Anarik sat in the shadows as Ilse had her fun, keeping watch for the psi-stalker and dog boy patrols. It irked him he couldn’t simply magic this problem away.

When Ilse was finished, Anarik walked out, laser pistol in his hand. Ilse drew her demon sword from the hay, standing there naked and alluring with a large sword and holding it to the poor boy’s nether regions.

“Now, we have a few questions for you, Mr. Sullivan,” Anarik said. “Let’s begin with the week’s codes for air space clearance for local flight control.”

***

Anarick and Ilserayne: -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Plan: Gryphus and Anarik, you need to locate a ley line or nexus that they will fly through. We've got to beat them to that spot where our Shifter and his demonic side chick are going to trigger a ley line storm.
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:14 pm

Survival 6
Survival (Untrained, but JOAT), so at -2 due difficulty
  • Survival: 1d4-2 = 0: 2
    Wild: 1d6-2 = 3: 5
    • Extra Effort: 1d6+2 = 3: 1 (Elan)
    Result: 6 - Success.
Changing into the form of a peregrine falcon, Merlaggon takes to the skies and soars towards the air base.

I am glad Mother showed me how a falcon should behave, so if anyone sees me, I won't draw any attention. I also should be far enough away from any Dog Boys and Psi Stalkers to keep them from identifying me, and I will be smaller than their Radar should detect as a threat, or they would have too many false positives.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:36 am

Saving Hauptmann Schmidt
SITREP wrote:
  • 1 wound for Merlaggon
  • 1 wound for Gryphus
  • You have made the journey south from the ruins of Little Rock to the CS airbase outside Fort El Dorado.
  • Set-up at an observation post a kilometer from the air base. The Skybunker is hidden nearby.
Moving through CS controlled territory is extremely difficult. Tomorrow Legion intelligence reports suggest the Arkansas troops are under trained, operate with outdated equipment, and are spread too thin. However, it looks like they recently got an upgrade. Anon and Rod are able to use their sensors to pinpoint significant patrol activity, lots of troops movements, and active radar scans. Using the Skybunker’s computer systems Alecto is able to help process all the signal activity to paint a very detailed picture. The whole state appears to be on high alert. Either they are engaged in war games or preparing for an offensive!

With electronic information to guide them the 1st SET sends out ground teams to gather human intelligence. The remnants of 3M form two teams and head into the brush. Meanwhile, Seric and Gryphus manage to take out a small patrol, but not before Grypuus is injured and their presence is signalled back to CS Army Command. The area is flooded with additional patrols both on the ground and in the air! Fortunately, the extra activity allows Anarik to capture an officer and try to get a picture of what’s happening. The officer is resolute, however, and only confirms what the group already suspects. The prison transport is heading for the CS airbase just west of the city of Fort El Dorado.

Screeching ahead in falcon form Merlaggon gets a good look at the airbase, but flies too close to the blades of a patrolling Demon Locust helicopter and is sucked into the wash. His supernatural toughness wrecks the rotors forcing the helicopter to crash but it also hurts like hell.

Having made their way through enemy territory the 1st SET takes up an observation post a short distance from the airbase. Air and foot patrols are heavy but for now the group is undetected. An armored column approaching from the north is just entering the airbase gates. By the looks of their vehicles and markings it is highly likely that is the Dirty Thirty with Hauptmann Schmidt.

Step Two: Air Traffic Control
Although you can see the Dirty Thirty CS forces are on high alert, just waltzing in there will be next to impossible. The best bet is to figure out which transport they’re going to use and set-up a boarding action once it is clear of the base defenses.
  • Skills: Any
    Tokens Required: 12
    Difficulty: -4 (K/Electronics, K/Computers, Stealth are at -2)
    Note: You have allied extras from 3M who can support your tasks. Assume a d8 in most mercenary skills.
Dog Packs!
Using Arcane skill is possible but is treated as an additional complication (-2) due to the presence of CS Dog Packs and Psi-Stalkers

Failure
If the group fails to collect all the tokens each unearned token represents one of your group being captured and taken on the transport!

Healing
Instead of acting this round you can choose to recover any wounds or fatigue. At the end of this round you can be completely recovered but cannot contribute to the task.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:18 am

What are we waiting for... An engraved invitation.”

Gryphus looked around the impromptu command post. His gut was bleeding from a blade wound but he paid it no mind as it stained the ground he was standing on. The warlocks eyes were still blue and his voice rumbled like the air shook,” The raptor god Kawhi is still with me. The coalition will see the wonder of magic before the night is out.”

The warlock raised his hands calling upon the air, and water spirits, ” Brothers!! Make this world yours! From the north brews a storm! And a storm comes unleashed.” Minutes later clouds swirl, rain falls, and the sky darkens.

Gryphus nods to @Seric his voice still a rumbled whisper, ” Come Seric, your time of redemption is at hand. Let our eyes be the wind and feet be but the sand. Captain Schmidt will not be easily abandoned... Not tonight.”

Gryphus walked out of the cammand post and down the rocky terrain, letting the rain, and shadow be his friend.
Indeed they were just not exactly how he thought...

somewhere newr the airfield
” Sir, this is Sgt Green... I got eyes on some kind of robed figure coming towards the airfield... Yes sir looks like he is sliding in the muck. Anyone know where that storm came from? Just appeared out of know where. Yes sir, I have private Cook, and Cousins with me. We can rush him and...” The sgt in the dead boy armor lowers his binoculars and pulls out a grendade, ” Shove the ball down his throat.” The three special force commandos left their position heading for Gryphus whom spilt down a few rocks stopping at the chain fence of the air feild.
Stealth 1d4-3 = -1: 2 wild 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Electronics 12, Success +2 Raises
K/Electronics: 1d12+4 = 11: 7 (Normally +6, -2 Scene Modifier)
Wild Die: 1d6+4 = 6: 2 = 8: 4

3M Assist Roll: 1d8 = 4: 4 +1 Assist


Standing in a copse of trees, the Dragonwing's long legs look like metal tree trunks. Inside, Rod and his two automotons monitor the base's unencrypted frequencies along with the radar activity of the base. The storm created by Gryphus begins to fill the radar return. "Get ready Irregulars, the DHT will try to bug out before the storm." Rod says over the team's frequency.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Sinder use his benny to use his Spirit -3 Bennies

Computer 1d12 = 2: 2 using computer +2 Difficulty -2 reroll 1d12 = 3: 3 Reroll 1d12 = 8: 8
Wild Dice 1d6 = 2: 2 1d6 = 2: 2

Sinder takes his computer and hacks into the main security services. He plants software that shuts out the normal security system . Any locks in security areas will open and others will lock. At the gates the 1st will be able to open the gates. The automated system will fire at the CS, compounding their troubles.
Last edited by Sinder on Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:54 am

Ilserayne Supports Anarik 0; nothing
-4 difficulty, -1 Fatigue
Persuasion 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Notice 6; 1 token
-4 difficulty, -1 Fatigue
Notice 1d8-5 = -4: 1
Wild 1d6-5 = 1: 6
Ace 1d6+1 = 6: 5
El Dorado
Night
Round 0

Anarik and Ilserayne continued to scout around the camp. Ilserayne tried to chat up one of the gate guards as a local girl again, but couldn’t get close enough because of a dog pack that inconveniently came around on patrol. Anarik did a bit better, finding a bluff that the DHT would have to fly over that would give the team a good vantage from which to launch their boarding party.

***

Anarick and Ilserayne: -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 23/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 7/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:46 am

K/Computers 12
K/Computers 1d8+1 = 8: 7 (Machine Maestro for not TW field computer cancels scene modifier, +1 from HJ table for electronic security)
Wild 1d6+1 = 7: 6 + 1d6 = 5: 5 (Ace!)
Hacking the Coalition is never easy, but it's always fun.

Anon and a small team of 3M mercs make their way to a "hidden" Coalition relay station; the Coalition has plenty of manned outposts all over the state, but even so, they need more comms support than they can get from just their established locations. To make up the difference, they have a number of hidden caches and relay stations throughout the wilderness; way stations for troops in the field, and handy places to hijack Coalition signals, if you know where to look.

The 3M guys guide him there, and Anon plugs into the relay and goes to work. He manages to get a lot of data on the base, the flight schedule, and even their troop movements before deciding he's pushed his luck enough. He gives a nod to the mercs, they clean the site to make it look like they were never there, and the team pulls back towards the castle, hopefully with none the wiser.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:41 am

Part of any quiet op was the need to police for enemy activity. Before Anon ever got to the computer to hack it, a patrolling guard found his route interrupted by a blade that emerged from thin air, piercing his helmet and skull alike before vanishing again. Instantly and soundlessly killed, he didn't even drop to the floor before that invisible presence caught him and carried him to a utility closet.

This guardian, though 'angel' surely didn't apply to something so murderous, dispatched another soldier sent to investigate the first before Anon's hack was complete in exactly the same surgically precise manner. By the time the Coalition was sending more troops in force, the job was long done.

Rolls: Fighting 16, 1 benny spent
Fighting (-4 penaty) 1d12+1 = 4: 3 or 1d6+1 = 6: 5
Extra effort - 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:27 am

Saving Hauptmann Schmidt
SITREP wrote:
  • 1 wound for Gryphus
  • You have located the prison-bound Death’s Head Transport carrying Schmidt
  • A storm is grounding CS air vehicles and causing lots of mayhem
  • The DHT is bugging out. The Skybunker is on course to intercept.
  • There are some nasty Skycycle pilots in pursuit
Fanning out from their observation post the 1st SET goes to work identifying and isolating the Dirty Thirty’s prison transport.

Gryphus summons a massive storm front which begins to brew on the horizon sending the Coalition troops into inclement weather mode. Rod and his automatons are able to monitor the unencrypted frequencies as troops move to tie things down, move material inside, and go through standard storm procedures. On the runway, air traffic is jostled around to prioritize take offs. One Death’s Head moves ominously to the front of the cue.

As the team moves around about their business, Alecto lurks in the shadows dispatching guards sentries, and patrols with frightening efficiency. Her angel of death routine provides the team relative freedom of movement during the operation.

Sinder and Anon manage to work their magic on the Coalition computer network garnering the all important flight path for the Death’s Head. Other data indicates a serious troop build up in southern Arkansas preparing for a push north. Perhaps the CS is trying to extend their zone of control in the state. This would put a lot of pressure on Castle Refuge, and to a lesser extent the city state of Kingsdale in southern Missouri. More immediately, the pair of hackers locate a point where the Death’s Head travels near enough to a ley line to aid in their highjacking plan as well as a few access codes that may prove useful.

On the ground Anarik secures a pick-up point along the flight path making it easy for the Skybunker pilot to pick up the team and get ahead of the DHT. Merlaggon sets down next to the Shifter and takes a moment to regenerate his battle wounds while keeping an eye out for trouble.

Armed with information and access codes the team meets up on the bluff with Anarik and signals the Skybunker for exfiltration. THe storm is in full effect now and makes for a bumpy ride, it also keeps pursuers somewhat a bay. As the group lifts off a team of Coalition Skycycles pursues them despite the weather conditions.

Dramatic Task: Boarding Party
In this scene you catch up with and board the Death’s Head Transport while evading their Skycycle escorts. Once inside we’ll zoom into tactical type role play and combat.
  • Dramatic Task
    Rounds: 3

    Dealing with the Escorts: 8 tokens
    Skills: Shooting (Merlaggon can use Fighting), Electronics, Piloting rolled at -2

    Sticking the Landing: 4 tokens
    Skills: Piloting, Electronics, at -2

    Opening the Access Hatch: 8 tokens
    Skills: Climbing, Electronics, Lockpicking, Computers, Repair at -2

    Total: 20 tokens
Ley Lines!
Arcane skill can be used for any task and gains a +2 due to the presence of a ley line.

Support
Remember you can use any skill to support someone taking on the main task.

Failure
If the group fails to collect all the tokens then you don’t get aboard the aircraft and will need to find another way to rescue Schmidt!
Cards
Alecto 5H
Rod 8S
Gryphus AD
Merlaggon 8C (complication)
Anon 9H
Anarik 10S
Sinder 6C (complication)
Seric 9C (complication)
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:10 am

Dramatic Task: Boarding Party
Dealing with the Escorts, Skills: Shooting (Merlaggon can use Fighting), Electronics, Piloting rolled at -2
Ley Lines! Arcane skill can be used for any task and gains a +2 due to the presence of a ley line.
Club Card and at a -2
Using Arcane Skill Psionics to shoot Bolts which will be at a -2

PSIONICS SKILL
1d10 = 8: 8 -2 = 6
1d6 = 4: 4 = 4

Result = 1 Success.

The hovercycle screams across the distance, closer to their target. The escorts protecting the target needed to be dealt with if the team was going to get Schmidt. Firing bolts of energy from his fingers at the escorts the Psi Slinger closes in on the target.

Blasts of mental energy strike the escorts.

Unleashing an Onslaught upon the escorts Seric presses on.

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:27 pm

An easy going laid back CS pilot grinned seeing a dude on a gryphon come up behind him as the escort flew overhead,”Bravo six this is Grim Reaper we hqve slme kimd of suicide jockey riding a grphyon coming up on our six. Permission to paste him with predjuidice.”

An emotional captain respnded, ” Oh My Prosek Mcgee! Quit it with those code names and gaurd the basket!”

Thouroughly admonished the lankey CS pilot pulled on his rat tail and nodded, ” Rodger that Captain Draymond. Opening fire!”

Piloting 1d4-2 = 0: 2 wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1

The easy going CS Pilot laughed the dude riding the gryphon tumbled down lack a bag of bricks under his laser barrage... ” Wasted... Who brings a gryphon to a gun fight.”

The emotional captain slapped his cycle into high gear passing Mcgee with a fist bump, ” Oh my Prosek! Mcgee... You fracking wasted that dude like he was one of those damn raptors!!”
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Dramatic Task: Boarding Party
In this scene you catch up with and board the Death’s Head Transport while evading their Skycycle escorts. Once inside we’ll zoom into tactical type role play and combat.
  • Dramatic Task
    Rounds: 3

    Dealing with the Escorts: 8 tokens
    Skills: Shooting (Merlaggon can use Fighting), Electronics, Piloting rolled at -2
Piloting 20, 5 tokens
Piloting: 1d12+2 = 9: 7 (+4, -2 Scene Modifier)
Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Spending a benny for extra effort: 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace 1: 1d6 = 3: 3 +2 from Elan

Bennies remaining: 3

Before the DHT lifts off, Rod moves the Dragonwing out of it's forested cover and causes it to leap into the air under four columns of fire. The confused chatter on the radio, confirms, that the approaching storm has done it's job and Rod is free to hunt the skies. He circles the base at maximum altitude and waits for the DHT and it's escort to launch....

Buffeted by the heavy winds created by the magical storm, the Dragonwing rocks back and forth as Rod sees the radar image of the Death's Head Transport leave with it's escort of Sky-cycles. "Sky-cycles? Well they are the only thing close to fast enough to stay up with a DHT barring an actual jet aircraft. But it will be easy pickings for us." Rod says to his automatons. Over the radio, he tells his team on their encrypted channel, "Prepare to board, I will take out the escorts."

Overhead, the Dragonwing does a slow roll and enters into a steep dive. LIke a bird of prey, the huge robot streaks down and takes an escort out of the sky. Using the Dragonwing's robot arms, he rips the pilot from the sky-cycle and drops him, letting the sky-cycle careens out of control into the ground.

The Dragonwing pulls out of it's dive and rockets back up into the sky and then, repeats the maneuver three more times, taking four of the eight sky cycles from the air, the remaining CS pilots just beginning to understand their role as prey in this encounter.
Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Venatus Vinco wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:27 am

Rounds: 3

Dealing with the Escorts: 8 tokens
Skills: Shooting (Merlaggon can use Fighting), Electronics, Piloting rolled at -2
Fighting 6
Fighting d12 (+2 due Shapeshifter's Claw, -2 due Scene, -2 due Complication... so d12-2)
  • Fighting: 1d12-2 = 3: 5
    Wild: 1d6-2 = 1: 3
    • Extra Effort: 1d6+2 = 3: 1
    Result: 6 - 1 Success.
Flying at one of the skycycles, Merlaggon crashed directly into it. Both of them start to plummet after the impact, but only Merlaggon is able to pull up before crashing into the unforgiving ground below.

Ouch!!! Maybe next time I will have to try a different plan. Those skycycles can sting!
Last edited by Merlaggon on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:06 pm

Opening the Access Hatch:
total =8 2 tokens


psi 1d10 = 2: 2 +4 dice roll (spending 4 for +4 dice roll, Ley Lines! Arcane skill can be used for any task and gains a +2 due to the presence of a ley line. Club Card and at a -2

Wild Dice
1d6 = 1: 1

Spending a Benny to reroll all only 3 left
Psi 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Spending a Benny to reroll all only 2 left
Psi 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild Dice
1d6 = 4: 4
using the wild dice

Sinder tries his best to locate the upper hatch. When he does he uses his EP scrambler to mess with the lock . He pulls and nothing happened . "Damn, I have to try a different hatch . Must be a cargo hatch somewhere .

Sinder goes and phase thru the rear to locate the open hatch lever.
Last edited by Sinder on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Holding onto the hull of the Death Head, Alecto goes hand over hand to the hatch, and finds the electronic access control console. Tucked down on one side is an access port. She extends the jack from her armor's wrist out, and holds it up to the port so the smart material can adapt itself to the Coalition equipment, then plugs it in. From there, the EWS software suite loaded into her memory, combined with her own developing skill in computer intrusion, starts to decrypt and isolate the access permissions for the door. It's only a matter of time...and based on the initial returns, it won't take a LOT of time either...

Rolls: Computer 17 - 4 successes
Computers at -2 1d12+2 = 14: 12 or 1d6+2 = 5: 3 (+2 vs electronic security per HJ roll)
Huh boy that's an ace on the d12 1d12 = 3: 3
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:33 am

Ilserayne Spellcasting Support Anarik 3; no support
Spellcasting 1d6 = 3: 3
Spellcasting 9; 2 successes
-1 Fatigue
Spellcasting 1d12 = 10: 10
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
El Dorado/Skybunker chasing DHT
Night
Round 0

Anarik saw that the others seemed to have the chasing sky cycles and the hatch dealt with, so he considered how he could help get them aboard. He drew out some chalk and started marking out a magical octogram on the floor.

“Ah, a teleportation circle,” Ilserayne noted, now in her demon form. She spread her wings and sliced her hand with her sword, dripping her blood onto key points of mystical connection in the chalk circle.

“It should get us over there,” Anarik said, adding his own blood to the circle.

Then human and succubus sat on either sides of the circle at the antipodal points and closed their eyes to concentrate on gathering the magic.

***

Anarick and Ilserayne: -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 37/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 117/120)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Shooting 21, 5 Tokens
Shooting 1d8 = 5: 5 (MM for TW rifle cancels -2 scene modifier)
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2
EE 1d6+2 = 7: 5
With much of the team handling the various tasks needed to reroute the Deaths Head, Anon finds himself in a position he’s become a little less familiar with since joining the First: designated ass-kicker.

He works his Multi-Assault Rifle like a finely tuned musical instrument, except with telekinetic bolts instead of musical notes. Look, he’s not great with metaphors, but he kills a lot of Dead Boys, which helps make up for it.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 am

Down the Hatch

Mid-air entry into a Death's Head Transport? No Problem.

In an amazing display of daring-do the 1st SET wipes out the Skycycle escorts, blow the hatch and gets their vehicle close enough to board the Death's Head Transport. All while avoiding getting blown out of the sky but its man rail guns and laser turrets. On small problem, or rather a large one, remains. The hatch is open and soon it will be crawling with CS troops ready to repel invaders.

However, a problem of a more practicaly matter opens up.

Merlaggon and Rod's Dragonwing cannot fit in the access hatch.

What do you do?
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 pm

What does the storm do?

Stormforge’s eyes blazed with thoughtful contemplation. A storm brewed beneath his brown doe his. It was clear to him that the hole wrought in the metal ship was only enough for a human or two to pass through. Merlaggon in his infantile staate could not hope to shape change into something small. The group leader Rod, was equally put at odds given his predilection for his flying fortress.

The warlock stood his gryphon ignoring the blood seeping from a wound so delivered during their harrowing escapade. ”What do we do when confronted with such horrifying choices?” Relying on the raptor God Kawhi to empower him he summoned ice, water, and wind driving it toward the hole with the effort to widen it so all could pass.

The storm caller thundered at his work, ”Behold a box fit for all and one!!”
CS grunts Mike and Steve, no relation to players

A CS grunt looked out the portcullis and tugged on the grunts shoulder next to him, ”Say Steve what do suppose those folks are doing over there?” The grunt and his friend were haanging out in a lounge with a TV and old style game console plugged into it.

The other grunt nodded getting up to look out the window, ” Why mike, unless it is the medication for my back giving me delusions of grandure, I would say that looks like a warlock prying open the side of our DHT with his air and water magic.”

CS Grunt Mike lifted his jaw, ”Wow! Shouldn’t we tell someone?”

The two looked at the TV it said NBA 2K 2018 press start. CS grunt steve slid back into his comfy arm chair, ”Ah maybe after one game ok, my back hurts.”
Mystism: d12+2 -1 wound, 1d12+1 = 13: 12 ace 1d12 = 1: 1wild 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:16 am

Smarts 14; he can make the teleport
-4 difficulty, -1 Fatigue
Smarts 1d12-5 = 7: 12
Ace 1d12+7 = 14: 7
Wild 1d6-5 = -2: 3
Teleport 8; Raise
-1 Fatigue
Spellcasting 1d12-1 = 5: 6
Wild 1d6-1 = 5: 6
Ace 1d6+5 = 8: 3
El Dorado/Skybunker chasing DHT
Night
Round 0

Ilserayne held Anarik through the wind of the pursuit as they looked down at the hatch. The dragonwing was going to have a problem.

“Get me over to the dragonwing,” Anarik told the succubus. “I’ll teleport it inside.”

Ilse looked at him skeptically. “You sure?” she asked, but couldn’t disobey, so she scooped her master up and flew him over to the wing.

Anarik was already clutching the magical amulet that held the power and focusing on releasing the magic.
OOC Comments
Just let me know how many PP I need to spend. If you won’t allow it to work, then Anarik will just teleport himself and I’ll take back the Fatigue.
***

Anarik and Ilserayne: -2 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 37/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 117/120)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 7/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:28 am

Piloting 11
Piloting 1d12+4 = 6: 2 | Flying into Anarik's flight path.
Wild Die 1d6+4 = 10: 6, Ace 1: 1d6 = 1: 1
Flying on the DHT's tail to avoid it's various weapon systems, Rod keeps a firm grip on the stick as Beta Rod monitor's the sensors and Charlie Rod controls both weapon arms.

"Rod, the Skybunker is unable to keep up with the DHT much longer, it's only the storm that has reduced it's speed sufficiently to allow parity," says Beta Rod.

Rod clicks on the radio, "Team get your butts on board the DHT, if you are unable, return with the Skybunker to Castle Refuge."


Beta Rod, chimes in again. "Rod visual sensors are picking up activity on the Skybunker, it appears Anarik and his minion are attempting to fly to the DHT."

"What that's crazy? I've seen that minion fly, it's not much faster than a man running. Must be another sign that magic addles ones brain." He shakes his head, and touches the flap controls. Control surfaces on the Dragonwing fluctuate, and the Dragonwing suddenly drops back behind the Skybunker. He watches the duo step out into the air, like an old pre-rifts cartoon, Illraynse's wings beat rapidly, appearing to be doing the impossible.

Then physics takes hold and her wings, unable to support the stress buckle and they drop back and down.

Rod maneuvers to intercept the pair, the Dragonwing's arms move out and catch the pair with only a minor jolt to the large robot, but a vicious shake for the shifter and demon.

Colored light begins to flare around the robot.

Charlie Rod speaks, "Rod, Anarik appears to be casting a spell."

Beta Rod adds, "Anomalous energy readings dete..."

The large robot disappears with a <POP!>

The large robot reappears inside the hold of the DHT with a <WHOMP!>

"cted!" Beta Rod finishes.

The sudden change in environment momentarily distorients the crew of the Dragonwing. Rod is able to shut the engines down, and the robot impacts heavily on the rear wall, and then slowly levers it self up onto it's legs. The robot's arm open carefully, and Rod looks through the monitor to see if their wayward butterflies have been crushed in his grip...
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:52 am

Piloting 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild Die for Piloting 1d6 = 6: 6, Aced: 1d6 = 6: 6, Aced: 1d6 = 4: 4 = Piloting Roll 16



Straight down the open hatch, rocketing through the breach on his hover cycle Seric abandons caution and races into the DHT.

"Hell has come for you bastards! For Vis! Bastards killed her and now I will kill you!"

Bloodthirsty and roaring the Psi Slinger slams into Dead Boys with the cycle and blasts away at them with mental blasts at any CS that he can find. A killing spree, a reckoning, a distraction for the others as they rescue their friend.

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Alecto dropped through the hatch the moment she opened it, and immediately backed off to give other space to follow. A good thing she did, since suddenly that entire bulkhead sheared away leaving it open to the air outside!

As chaos began to unspool, she engaged her armor's cloaking device and faded from view as she turned and made her way into the gigantic transport, avoiding the troops for the moment.

"This is Alecto. I'm proceeding to secure the primary objective. Rod, where are you? The Dragonfly will be the fastest, safest way to extract her."

Stealth 6
1d8 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 2: 2
No bonuses from being invisible included, but she is that as well.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:02 pm

The hull screeches as hurricane winds tear at it, and then a teleport lands the Dragonwing in the bay of the Death’s Head Transport.

Good. They figured something out.

Anon keeps his rifle at the ready, dispatching the occasional Dead Boy as he moves towards the newly appeared armor.

Signaling to @Roderick Wolfram inside, Anon calls, ”Bridge is that way, boss. Do we go take it?”
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:22 am

Sinder knows that the action will be toward the open hatch. The cockpit needs to be taken if there will be any chance of gathering control of the machine

Sinder plans to sneak in and then use his sleep charm to make the crew in the enclosed cockpit, to be no threat. he will then make sure the vehicle stays in auto pilot before helping the others
PSi GREATER SLUMBER
1d10+2 = 8: 6 raise
wild Dice
1d6 = 4: 4
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Diving from where he took care of the sky cycle, Merlaggon picks up speed and aims for the opening in the Deaths Head Transport. When he gets close, Merlaggon metamorphs into a hawk and easily enters the transport. Once inside, he resumes his magnificent natural form.

"Here, Coalition Soldiers... time for you to come out and play. Me and my friends have a SURPRISE for you!!!"

That should keep the soldiers too busy to worry about their prisoner.
Taunt 5
Taunt (+2 due Strong Willed)
  • Taunt: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
    Result: 5
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 am

All Aboard
SITREP wrote:
  • Inside a Coalition Death's Head Transport that is slowly coming apart.
  • Hauptmann is chained to a troop bench
  • Skelebots are everywhere
Alecto is the first in waiting to secure the inside of the hatch from CS guards. Instead she is forced to get out of the way as the wind picks up behind her.

Seeing the need to help his teammates gain entry, Gryphus calls on the force of nature to rip a bigger hole in the side of the Death's Head transport. Metal shrieks as it tears and buckle under elemental strain and the pressure of altitude. Soon the hole widens significantly...and continues to widen as the atmospheric pressure imbalance begins to crush the exterior of the transport.

The giant hole gives Anarik a sense of the inside of the transport allowing him to teleport the dragonwing (along with himself and his muse) into the cargo area of the transport.

Meanwhile the rest of the team takes advantage of the ever-widening fissure. Merlaggon, dives and transforms at the last second, threading the eye of the needle as a hawk and zooming into the cargo area.

Fueled by thirst for revenge Seric accelerates through the break driving way too fast for the tight space! (Make a piloting roll at -4 due to the tight confines. If failure, roll on the vehicle out of control table).

Sinder and Anon enter from the Bunker, who is forced to break off from the DHT as the gap in the hull continues to buckle. The reach the end of the short corridor about the same time as Merlaggon and Rod reappear.

The inside of the bay is full ok skelebots! There are no living soldiers present. At the far end of the bay sits Hartman, chained to a troop bench and surrounded by a half dozen skelebots.

A dozen of the automatons close on Merlaggon and Rod, their vibro-blades extended. Firing in such tight quarters is nearly impossible and would threaten the already precarious structural integrity. To make matters worse, everyone can feel the transport gaining altitude - increasing hull pressure!
Size Matters
It's very tight for Rod and Merlaggon making Fighting difficult, -4. A one on any die will hit an ally.
Cards
Merlaggon Joker!
Seric KC
Graphs 10H
Anon 7C
Rod 10 C, 4D
Alecto 9H, 9C
Sinder 7S
Skelebots (Merlaggon) 3D
Skelebots (Hauptman) 2S
Skelebots (Rod) 2D
Anarik and Companion 2C
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Fighting against his Skelebots
Fighting (-4 due Size Matters complication, +2 due Joker, +2 due Shapeshifter's Claw, +2 due Wild Attack)… +2 to Hit
  • Fighting: 1d12+2 = 10: 8
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 8: 6
    • Ace: 1d6+8 = 14: 6
      • Re-Ace: 1d6+14 = 15: 1
    Result: 15 - Success with Raise(s)
    • Damage:
      • 1d12+7 = 12: 5 + 1d8+4 = 9: 5 + 1d6 = 3: 3= 24 Damage (3 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 9: 2 + 1d8+4 = 5: 1 + 1d6 = 1: 1=15 (Shaken)
        1d12+7 = 12: 5 + 1d8+4 = 8: 4 + 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 6: 6 (Ace) + 1d6 = 5: 5 (Re-Ace)= 37 (6 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 9: 2 + 1d8+4 = 5: 1 + 1d6 = 2: 2= 14 (Shaken)
        1d12+7 = 16: 9 + 1d8+4 = 12: 8 + 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d8 = 6: 6+ 1d6 = 4: 4 (Ace)=44 (8 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 14: 7 + 1d8+4 = 12: 8 + 1d6 = 3: 3 + 1d8 = 5: 5 (Ace)=34 (5 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 12: 5 + 1d8+4 = 9: 5 + 1d6 = 2: 2=23 (3 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 11: 4 + 1d8+4 = 6: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4=21 (2 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 10: 3 + 1d8+4 = 11: 7 + 1d6 = 5: 5=26 (3 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 19: 12 + 1d8+4 = 8: 4 + 1d6 = 4: 4 + 1d12 = 2: 2+ 1d8 = 2: 2 (Ace)= 35 (6 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 12: 5 + 1d8+4 = 9: 5 + 1d6 = 5: 5=26 (3 Wounds)
        1d12+7 = 18: 11 + 1d8+4 = 11: 7 + 1d6 = 4: 4=33 (5 Wounds)
Moving to the Skelebots charging him, Merlaggon whips around and smashes his tail into the bunch of them, leaving them in a pile of broken parts except for a couple that he just sends tumbling. Ignoring the two remaining ones, Merlaggon whips around again and heads over to the Skelebots guarding Hauptman in hopes of them attacking him instead of anyone else, while if able, remaining clear enough to let others by to engage them.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:39 am

Anarik True Invisibility 13
-2 Fatigue
Spellcasting 1d12-2 = 10: 12
Ace 1d12+10 = 13: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Ilserayne Boost Fighting 0
-1 Fatigue
Spellcasting 1d6-1 = 0: 1
El Dorado/Skybunker chasing DHT
Night
Round 0

Anarik sagged against Ilserayne after teleporting the dragonwing inside the Death’s Head. The succubus cooed and purred her comfort, caressing his sweat-stained black hair. He roused himself and caught his breath after the labor of the teleport and focused on the situation around them. Skelebots. A lot of them. That made some things easier, others harder. Time to get protected first. Anarik and Ilserayne both started casting and Anarik disappeared and Ilserayne drew her demonic sword.

***

Anarik:
  • -2 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
  • True Invisibility: -8 to Notice and attacks against him
Ilserayne
  • -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 27/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 117/120)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 7/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:03 am



Dice Rolls
Fueled by thirst for revenge Seric accelerates through the break driving way too fast for the tight space! (Make a piloting roll at -4 due to the tight confines. If failure, roll on the vehicle out of control table).
1d6 = 1: 1, wd 1d6 = 4: 4, VooC 2d6 = 2: 1, 1, Major Collision: Seric is Distracted (-2 all Trait rolls) and his hover cycle takes 1d4 = 4: 4 wounds.

Psioincs Roll Psi Shooting 1d10 = 10: 10, wd 1d6 = 3: 3, Ace Psi 1d10 = 10: 10, Aced Again 1d10 = 8: 8


So, Piloting Roll Failed.
Distracted now.
Crash!
Activate Psi Bolt power.
Hover Cycle destroyed and shooting Bolt at Skelebot!
Screaming into the DHT, blasting past the transformed Dragon, Seric pulls hard to the left, angling the speeding hover cycle towards the far side of the cargo area. Jumping clear of the out of control cycle, Seric bounces his head off the interior wall, distracted but still in the revenge game. As the cycle slams into the far wall, the forward, front portion of the DHT, Seric rolls and comes up on his feet.

All hell breaks loose as Merl slams 'bots with his tail. Stumbling Seric laughs at the destruction and points his finger at a Skelebot. Bang!

Psi to Hit, 26.
Damage (The caster can throw up to four 3d6 bolts for two Power Points each, the damage is Mega Damage.):
3d6 = 14: 3, 5, 6, Damage Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
3d6 = 13: 6, 6, 1, Damage Ace 1d6 = 4: 4 and Damage Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
3d6 = 6: 4, 1, 1

15 MD, 18 MD, and 6 MD.


User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Staring at a hold full of Skelebots, Rod grimaces, and says over the loudspeaker, "Anarik, watch for the arms."

Like two pairs of threshing scythes, Beta Rod operates the weapon arms and Charlie Rod operates the regular robotic arms while Rod bends the Dragonwing over. The pair swing the arms back and forth sweeping the Skelebots to the side. If this doesn't work then we are just going to have to fire the ion cannons at point blank range, Rod thinks. For his part, Rod triggers the light railguns in his head.

The robot's arms move lumberingly back and forth across the cargo holde.

2 bystanders, and 3 skelebots hit
Beta Rod sweep attack: 1d10-8 = -7: 1 (-4 sweep, -4 scene modifier) Swish , Damage: 1d12+6 = 18: 12 + 1d6 = 3: 3, Ace 1: 1d12 = 10: 10 - Total 25 AP6 to a bystander.

Charlie Rod sweep attack: 1d10-8 = -5: 3 (-4 sweep, -4 scene modifier) Swish

Rod shooting attack with mini-rail guns (ROF: 4)

1. 1d12-1 = 2: 3 (+3 normally, -4 scene modifier)
2. 1d12-1 = 0: 1 (+3 normally, -4 scene modifier) Damage: 2d8+4 = 18: 7, 7 AP 6 to a bystander.
3. 1d12-1 = 5: 6 (+3 normally, -4 scene modifier), Damage: 2d8+4 = 12: 1, 7 AP 6
4. 1d12-1 = 9: 10 (+3 normally, -4 scene modifier), Damage: 3d8+4 = 20: 4, 8, 4 (includes raise damage) AP 6, Ace: 1
1d8 = 4: 4 - Total: 24 AP6
Wild Die: 1d6-1 = 3: 4 (+3 normally, -4 scene modifier), Damage 2d8+4 = 15: 4, 7 AP 6
"Ooh, sorry!"

Rod and his automatons all have the same thought, Ion Cannons it is, then. If that doesn't work, we've still got missiles.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:18 am

Sinder in his intangible form looks around, nothing but skelbots and one person chained to a seat. “This smells like a trap.” Sinder continues into the cockpit to see what is going on.

Exalted Detect /Conceal Arcana):
Psi 1d10 = 3: 3+2 (4ISP) +Exter effort =8
1d6 = 3: 3
Wild Dice 1d6 = 3: 3
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Gryphus hangs at the widened hole making sure their escape is unabatted. To no one he muttered, ” This vaguely reminds me of how the Grand City ended.”. He pats his little air elemental friend asking it, ”Zoom around the craft and let me know if you find any humans, yes?” In truth Gryphus just did not want to be surrounded by that much metal.

Gryphus AKA Graph Stormforge just waits attentively for the other shoe to drop as the team tries to procure Happy.


Going on hold and talking to his little air whisp
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:27 pm

So Many Rolls. Fair Warning, VV: He Used Quickness

Turn 1

Techno-Wizardry to Build a Quickness device: 1d10 = 6: 6 (MM cancels MAP)
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Assuming that works, he will activate the quickness device (mega version, so it will cancel out up to two points of MAP per round).

Update: It Worked! Okay, here's to activating the device: 1d10 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

He will then attempt to teleport to Schmidt.

Update: Exalted Quickness now in effect, so he will teleport. 1d10+2 = 11: 9 (Exalted Quick gets rid of 2 points of MAP from here out. At least, I think that's how this works. I will not be sad when quickness gets SWADE'd.)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Turn 2, he'll whip up a gadget that cancels tech (per GM, a temporary use Jammer Pistol in exchange for a Benny) in case he sees any booby traps or anything on Schmidt that need to be turned off.

Update: Okay, he's got 4 actions lined up, here: 1) make the new thing, 2) give Schmidt a look over to see if he sees any obvious booby traps or whatnot, 3) use the new tech cancelling gadget on said booby trap, if there is one, and 4) Teleport away. Easy peasy, right? That's typically a MAP of 6, but 2 are taken care of by exalted quickness and another 2 are canceled out by the MAP, so it would just be a -2 MAP.

Making the new thing. 1d10-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
EE: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 (includes Elan) + 1d6 = 5: 5

Checking over Schmidt real quick: Notice 1d8-2 = 5: 7 (Note: +2 from Optic System, not MM, in this case. The math is the same, though)
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2

If he sees anything suspicious, he'll use said new gadget.

Update:
Don't know if he saw anything suspicious, but here's him using the new thing. If nothing is amiss, I guess he maybe uses it on a skelebot's weapon.
Techno Wizardry 1d10-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
(I'll EE this if VV tells me there's something there worth disabling, otherwise, we'll let it ride)
EE 1d6+2 = 3: 1

Then, he will teleport away, taking Schmidt with him.

Update: And, here's the roll for the teleport away: 1d10-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
EE: 1d6 = 4: 4

That's the plan, declared in advance. Here. We. Go. :)
Anon takes a deep breath.

Okay. Okay. No big deal. Let’s just... make something.

He grabs another cyber patch, makes a quick adjustment, and slaps it on his neck, activating a potent arcane energy boost. Better than coffee, he thinks, as magic courses through him, speeding up his reaction times to superhuman levels.

With a stomp of one boot, he activates his Kansas City Long Jumpers and teleports over to Schmidt, right in the midst of her Skelebot guards.

”Stay still,” he tells her, giving her a quick look over. Seeing something amiss, he grabs a remote from his jacket and gives it a tweak or two and then points it at any suspicious device or booby trap he sees, knocking it out of commission.

Then, grabbing her arm, ge says, ”Come on!” before teleporting her back actross the room, and hopefully not into the path of Rod’s Dragon Wing rampage!
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Still invisible, Alecto took a moment as the team sprang into action to scan Hauptman in detail. Her tactical analysis subroutines were flashing all kinds of red flags.

"Warning," she transmitted over the team's comms, "There is no living opposition, and our target is being held in direct view instead of a secure location on the transport. There is a very high probability that this is a trap of some kind. There may be an explosive in the transport or on the prisoner. Proceed with caution."

Rolls: Notice 17, 1 benny spent
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2 or 1d6 = 5: 5
Benny for EE 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Flying Casket
SITREP wrote:
  • Inside a Coalition Death's Head Transport that is slowly coming apart.
  • Hauptmann is with Anon (she is alive and conscious)
  • The skelebots are all gone
  • The Skybunker has been blown up by jet fighters
  • No one is flying this thing
Merlaggon sweeps the deck with his might tail smashing a gaggle of skelebots send gears, heads, arms, and legs flying in a dozen different directions.

Just then Seric charges in on his hovercycle and runs into some flying debris sending it careening out of control. Before it crashes the psi-slinger manages to jump free and, impressively, come up shooting and blowing away two skelebots surrounding Hauptmann.

Near the battered airlock, Gryphus holds the door watching as the scene unfolds. He sees a brilliant flash outside the airlock as the SKybunker is consumed by flames from an air-to-air missile. The wash of a close pass by from a jet fighter sends the elementalist staggering back a few steps. It looks like the Coalition air force has caught up to them.

Anon teleports in uses his do-hickey on Hauptmann’s restraints and teleports them both out.

Rod opens up with his mini-railguns taking out friend and foe alike as he mows down three skelebots and hits Seric (18 AP 6) and Alecto (20 AP 6) quite hard.

Alecto takes in their full surroundings, failing to note friendly fire, as she takes the hit from Rod. She does note, however, that the Death’s Head is entirely stripped down. No troops, no weapons lockers, nothing. Just a big hold. Like a flying prison. The only thing she can make out are tiny cameras dotted throughout the ceiling and a big viewscreen at the far end above Hauptmann. They are being watched!

Intangible and oblivious Sinder drifts to the cockpit and finds it empty! If someone is flying this thing they are doing so by remote control. He gets a look at the radar screen and notes that there are multiple targets flying alongside, in front, and behind the Death's Head now. From the cockpit window he can see a sleek black fighter jet in front of the transportsport.

The two skelebots who managed to survive Merlaggon’s fury extend their vibro-blades and try to pierce the dragon’s iron hide. Despite the tight quarters one only manages a glancing blow. However, the second takes a pretty decent stab at it (24, AP 4) but does little to the dragon.

The skelebots surrounding Hauptman are too slow to react as Anon appears and disappears. With their primary objective lost the four autonomous robots turn their attention to the rest of the 1st SET sending a hail of laser fire toward Merlaggon. The fully automatic heavy laser fire lights up the entire cargo hold but doesn’t even scratch the petulant dragon hatchling.

Undeterred by the railgus, three skelebots continue closing on Rod and begin slashing at the giant robot’s legs trying to fell him like a tree (19 AP 4, 7 AP 4, 13 AP 4) to little effect.

Exhausted from the teleport and their ordeal so far Anarik, supported by his demonic companion, blinks from sight.

It doesn’t take long for the combined might of the 1st SET to mop up the remaining skelebots.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Stormforge raised an eye brow as the black jets appeared and opened fire on the sky bunker. The warlock was just able to wrap a protective cushion of air arround it in the nick of time. The explosion arround the bunker caused him to loose his footing and he grunted with effort as the strain to surround the bunker with so much air was exaughsting.

Gryphus yelled to the cargo bay like a crack of lightning, ”The winds of the elements have protected the bunker in vain, we will need another way out. Despite my lack of love for shifters. Anrak, you have proved that magic is grand... Can you rift us out?”

Gryphus whistled for his griffon to land inside the bunker, ” Easy... Better in here that out there friend.”


Benny spent to not have the skybunker completely destroyed.
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:49 am


Rod opens up with his mini-railguns taking out friend and foe alike as he mows down three skelebots and hits Seric (18 AP 6).
While Wearing Body Armor: 16 (6), Benny to Soak Roll: 1d10 = 6: 6

"Sinder. You should get out of here with the others."

Sitting down at the pilot seat Seric looks out at the CS opposition then at the controls to the DHT. Setting his cowboy hat down on the seat next to him he wipes the sweat from his face.

"Go. I'm thinking the DHT needs to ram those f'ers out there."

Fiddling with the controls...


1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 3: 3 = 21 plus Benny Extra Effort 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 6: 6 ... okay what the F... 1d6 = 1: 1 holy cow, 13 +21 =
34 for PILOTING SKILL
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2: 2


... "Shiiiiiit, this thing is user friendly and then some, prolly 'cause those CS boys are tards."

Angling the DHT towards the CS jet fighters ect outside, Seric is determined to ram each of the CS flying out there!

"Run Sinder and tell Stormforge I am sorry about Carlsbad! I never intended for the Legion to get harmed. I;m taking out as many of these F'ks as I can, get you people and your rescued person and go!"

GM Info
In Character, If I die, I die, the CS killed my love interest.

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:18 pm

Anon moves @Seric’s cowboy hat aside and sits down.

”Don’t be an idiot, new guy. We have a Death’s Head, now. Nobody’s got to die but them.”

Anon reaches over and caresses the controls. ”She says her name is Beatrice,” he says, ”and she might still be stuck on remote pilot. Gimme a second, here.”

Anon pulls out his field computer and jacks in, fingers flying across the keyboard, seeking to break away from any external control and take command of the ship’s computers.

Into the radio, he calls @Alecto , I wouldn’t say no to some help hacking in the cockpit. Or maybe using these giant guns to shoot some of the bad guys out there.”

K/Computers 17
K/Computers or Electronics (it’s the same) 1d8+4 = 12: 8 + 1d8 = 7: 7 (+2 for out of combat MM, +2 for HJ result re electronic security)
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4

If roll is opposed, +2 more from Field Computer
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:08 am

El Dorado/Skybunker chasing DHT
Night
Round 0

Anarik looked at Gryphus. “I could teleport us out, but it would knock me out of any subsequent fight,” he told the storm mage. “We are in basically a flying fortress. If they have not rigged it to explode or something, this may be our best bet.”

***

Anarik:
  • -2 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
  • True Invisibility: -8 to Notice and attacks against him (2r)
Ilserayne
  • -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 27/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 117/120)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 7/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:38 am

Seric sighs and looks at Anon. Taking his hat back the slinger stands up and walks out of the piloting area, "I'll go shot something then."

Obviously in pain from taking friendly fire earlier he starts to make his way back to the cargo area of the DHT.



1 Wound
0 Bennies left

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 am

Seric wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:38 am
Seric sighs and looks at Anon. Taking his hat back the slinger stands up and walks out of the piloting area, "I'll go shot something then."

Obviously in pain from taking friendly fire earlier he starts to make his way back to the cargo area of the DHT.
"Wait! No! Get back here! You need to keep flying this thing, cowboy!"
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:20 am

Seric again sighs, also groaning in pain, "Fine."

Sitting back in the pilots seat he looks at Anon. "I thought you were taking over. What do you have in mind? This POS is the easiest thing I've ever flown."

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:34 am

Seric wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:20 am
Seric again sighs, also groaning in pain, "Fine."

Sitting back in the pilots seat he looks at Anon. "I thought you were taking over. What do you have in mind? This POS is the easiest thing I've ever flown."
"And rain on your parade? Never. Just keep us in the air and alive so our teammates can shoot some stuff. Maybe drive through their formations a little to split them up and make them easier targets? If there's anything I've learned about the 1st, it's that we are world leaders in shooting stuff."
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Alecto runs through the transport to the cockpit in response to Anon's call.

"I'll attempt to disable their surveillance, but we should jam any and all non-team signals as well. They are making very certain we don't want to leave this craft. Anything we can do to buy time could save all our lives."

Rolls: Assisting Anon: 8
Computer 1d12+4 = 6: 2 or 1d6+4 = 8: 4
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:52 am

Sinder broadcast to the others using Exalted Telepathy power of his sword, "There is no one in the cockpit. this thing must be under remote control. We are surrounded by we have a black fighter jet in front of us."

PSi 1d10 = 2: 2
Wild Dice 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 1: 1
Sinder watches as Anon comes to the cockpit and does his thing. He looks at anon and say, "If there is a self destruct command , we should disable it. "
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:22 am

Sinder wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:52 am
Sinder watches as Anon comes to the cockpit and does his thing. He looks at anon and say, "If there is a self destruct command , we should disable it. "
"I will... roger, that." Anon checks to see if there is any such command or sequence in process. That seems a bit extreme, but so is whatever this trap is the Coalition has set up for them. Better safe than splattered.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Electronics 12
K/Electronics: 1d12+6 = 12: 6
Wild Die: 1d6+6 = 9: 3
With the last of the skelebots down, Rod causes the Dragonwing to crouch walk up towards the front of the cargo bay where Schmidt is secured. As the belly of the robot lowers, the entry hatch opens and a small ladder extends downward. "As soon as Schmidt is released, bring her over to the DragonWing. I can take three passengers," Rod says over the team's frequency. "Sinder, if you've got the energy, can you link us mentally like you've done before?"

Beta and Charlie Rod unstrap themselves in anticipation of passengers and if some do come aboard, they merge back into Rod's armor. While waiting, Rod uses the Dragonwing's sensors and electronics to attempt to get an idea of what the Dirty 30 have in mind.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Looking around at the robot carnage around him, Merlaggon starts looking bored... and a bored Hatchling is almost as scary as a bored Crazy.

"Well, looks like all of the fun playing with Skelebots is finished. I can stand by the door in a smaller form... then fling myself out and grow back to my normal form if any of them start buzzing close to us. Knowing how much it stings when you hit a bird at full speed, if I should hit one of them that way, it will crash. What do you think we should do, boss?"

I wish Cory was here so we could take them out together.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:02 pm

General Mayhem
SITREP wrote:
  • Inside a Coalition Death's Head Transport flying low to avoid atmospheric pressure.
  • Schmidt is not well
  • The Skybunker is grounded
  • You have a choice to make
Just before being knocked on his Atlantean buttocks Gryphus spots the Skybunker making a forced landing in the countryside below. While it is a fate better than a crash or death by firey explosion but the aircraft was out of this fight.

Seric rustles his way to the cockpit of the Death’s Head Transport after Sinder unlocks the door from the inside. The gunslinger seems unphased at pushing his piloting luck after just totalling his hovercycle. With Anon’s help to unlocked the controls Seric shows surprising deftness with the controls, fighting against whatever automated pilot was at work, he manages to get control of the craft and bring down the altitude to normalize pressure in the cargo bay. The fighters move to shadow the transport but don’t open fire, yet. Looking at the status panel Seric notes all the expendable ammo is empty - no missiles or rail gun rounds - and the laser turrets are offline. Explains why the transport didn’t shoot at the team when they attempted to board.

Anon and Alecto work in concert to disconnect surveillance, take control of the transport’s computers, and find any self destruct mechanism. The Techno-wizard/Android combination proves extremely deft at getting into the CS programming. It looks like the transport is rigged with an AI, similar to the one used in skelebots or CS unmanned drones, flying on a pre-programmed path. Wrestling control away from the artificial intelligence is no problem but cutting off surveillance is another matter. It can be done, but the system is tied to the engines. You can’t turn one off without shutting down the other.

In the bay Rod, Anarik, Gryphus and Merlaggon discuss magical options. A mass teleport is possible as long as Seric keeps the transport on the ley line but it is risky business and taking the giant robot is not an option.

Hauptmann Schmidt stirs at all the commotion, sitting herself up she blinks and looks around at everyone. While she appears uninjured she does not look well. However, she recognizes the Dragonwing right away.

”Wolfram?” she asks then gives a very fast report, ”You must tell your new friends that the Coalition is massing forces in Arkansas. They are planning a massive offensive to take control of the entire territory including expelling all your refugees and levelling the castle.”

The expenditure of energy seems to take a lot out of her as she woozily sits back down again. It is obvious she is unwell.

Before much more can happen the view screens through the cargo bay and cockpit blink to life with the visage of a CS General. Standing behind him is a red cyborg wear CS armor. The name plate reads: “T. Hernandez”.

The General smiles, ”I am General Drouges, you are the first Special Exploratory Group of the Tomorrow Legion. Your reputation precedes you.” The general gives a small nod to Hernandez behind him. ”Humanity thanks you for the work in New Mexico the price of your halfling’s life was a small one compared to the human lives that would have been lost closing that abomination.”

”My technicians inform me you have once again proven your resourcefulness and taken control of the transport. However, in its current state it is still no match for the interceptors currently shadowing you. I trust by now Captain Schmidt has told you about our field army in Arkansas which threatens your fledgling legion. On my order, they will sweep north through Arkansas and crush your castle and all the refugees plaguing our borders within the week.”

”What the Captain doesn’t know is that during her imprisonment we injected her with a designer virus, made by the vilest minds at our Lone Star Complex. If she does not receive our genetically engineered cure within seventy two hours she will die.”

The General gives a nod to Hernandez who pulls a diminutive woman and an older couple into the picture, it’s Cory and Sinder’s parents!

”We also had a team of special operatives nab this criminal as she went on her little spiritual retreat. She is comfortable...for now.” Cory mutters something sullen and sarcastic and the cyborg gives her a smack sending her reeling. ”And these two were easily located.”

”So,” the general concludes. ”There are three options. One: my army will crush your legion, Schmidt will die a terrible death, and these traitors to humanity will be executed. Two, I do all those things and blow that transport you’re in out of the sky. Or, three you aid me in a small task and all this unpleasantness is avoided. I will release the captives, deliver you Schmidt’s cure, and our Arkansas operation will skirt your Castle Refuge, this time.”

”With your formidable abilities you may be able to prevent one of these calamities, but not all of them. The choice is yours.”
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Into his radio, Anon quietly says, "Um, anyone know who those civilians are the general's pet cyborg is slapping around? I assume they're our people, somehow?"

Anon starts doing math. He's good at math. He doesn't know all the variables, and so he can't make all the calculations, but being dry on ammo is not great. Beatrice is tough, but The First managed to wreck her hull just fine, and they didn't have a flight of fighter jets backing them up... add it all together and it's not looking great for our heroes.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:35 am

Anon narrows his eyes a bit at the transmission... oh, no! Those aren't just civilians... that's Cory the cyborg is slapping around!

Dangit all, girl. We told you it was dangerous to go alone...
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:29 am

Schmidt wrote:Hauptmann Schmidt stirs at all the commotion, sitting herself up she blinks and looks around at everyone. While she appears uninjured she does not look well. However, she recognizes the Dragonwing right away.

”Wolfram?” she asks then gives a very fast report, ”You must tell your new friends that the Coalition is massing forces in Arkansas. They are planning a massive offensive to take control of the entire territory including expelling all your refugees and leveling the castle.”
Not much surprise there, the Tomorrow Legion has been just asking to be smacked sitting that close to the CS. Rod thinks to himself has he looks down at the woman through the monitors.

When the monitor's of the DHT light up with a picture of General Drouges and his lapdog, Hernandez, Rod understands what this has been all about. Rod patches himself into the signal to be able to directly communicate. A little window pops up on the monitors for the others to see him.

"Well, that's some strong leverage and it looks like we've passed your little audition, General. No point in keeping us in the dark, spill it. What is this 'small' task?" Rod's sarcasm is heavy, and he air quotes the word small just because.

We need to prepare for war in any event, but we may be able to save Cory and Sinder's family...and put a missile down Hernandez's metal gullet on the way just as a sign of our continued friendship. No way Merlaggon is going to let Cory go; and the way Sinder goes on about his parents around the camp fire, he's in it no matter what. Not much choice here.

Why is the General going in so heavy handed though? The hostages alone would motivate this group. Threatening the Legion is problematic, they won Tolkeen, but the cost is high, and many at the Refuge fought in the war. They know where they screwed up and won't make the same mistakes twice.

Probably going to have to say goodbye to Schmidt, at the least we've got a stalling tactic so the Legion can either dig in or pull out. And from the look on her face, she knows it.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:29 pm

:idea: Gryphus looked in the screen with a mixture of horror and shock. Brethlessly he whispered, ” Jerome... Jessica... He has...” He saw Cory, a half pint getting slapped by the cyborg commander. Oh No Merlaggon is going to go ape shit, like a three year old on Psi Cola!

Quickly Gruphus spoke to Rod, agreeing with the Robot Jock. His voice was stern and electric, ” I am with you. We will save them all.” He glanced at Schmidt wondering if a sojourn with the elements would be enough to save her.

To the screen Gryphus turned and spoke clearly out of turn and place in the metal monstrosity, ” Option 4: You release our allies, and let us set down in peace. We act on your behalf and take the mission you wish us to complete. After, we do not come and kill you.” Gryphus paused, ” If you think for a second any of your proposed options don’t end with your death, you would be mistaken. Think carefully before you dismiss my fourth option out of hand. You did what you wanted, you got our attention. You have a moment to make sure we help you with you not needing to live with one eye open looking for a flamewind about to eat you, and kill good men and women in order to make it happen. I cannot speak for the rest, but I give you my word now and blindly, if you free our allies and let us set down I will help you.”
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Anon thinks @Stormforge has the right idea, or at least most of the right idea. Because Anon fully plans to find this general once this is all over, one way or another... but he's seen the sorts of things the Coalition does. He's also seen the sorts of things that magic can do, and he knows the Coalition was on the receiving end of some of the most horrific magic imaginable at Tolkeen.

What sort of task would they imagine we can take on? What kind of depravity do they want us to unleash on their behalf? I can't imagine they'd come to us for anything that would leave us with clear consciences and sleeping easily at night.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 am

El Dorado/Skybunker chasing DHT
Night
Round 0

“I don’t have time for this,” Anarik muttered as he watched the Coalition general and the red cyborg drag Corey and two old people into view. Well, one less God-botherer to worry about sniping at him for consorting with demons. He was so exhausted. He leaned back against the bulkhead and closed his eyes. “We have the intel we came for. That needs to get back to the Legion ASAP so they can prepare. We don’t even have a location on the hostages,” he pointed out.

***

Anarik:
  • -2 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
  • True Invisibility: -8 to Notice and attacks against him (2r)
Ilserayne
  • -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 27/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 117/120)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 7/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:51 am


Seric eyed the red Cyborg with distaste. Fell's letter had described the metal man as a friend. What had happened to change that? Fell had also written about Cory, lord had he written about her.

I couldn't save my Vis, but I can try to save your Cory, brother.

Looking over at Anon the psi-slinger sighs heavily, "I was not sure if I was going to stay, but I am now. I owe Fell and need to save Cory. The man had it bad for her. I thought the red borg was a friend of the Legion?"

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 am

Seric wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:51 am
Looking over at Anon the psi-slinger sighs heavily, "I was not sure if I was going to stay, but I am now. I owe Fell and need to save Cory. The man had it bad for her. I thought the red borg was a friend of the Legion?"
Anon gives a non-commital shrug. "That's what they tell me. He had left the Legion before I got to the First, and, I gotta say, he doesn't look so friendly at the moment."
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:17 am

"YOU DARE THREATEN MY CORY!?!?! If you DARE harm her, you will have to watch out for the rest of your life! Tim, how DARE you!!! You KNOW that if ANYTHING happens to my Cory, I will hunt you down. What do you two want done already? Quickly... before I lose patience and start hunting you two!!! ROAR!!!!!!!"
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 am

Gryphus dies a horrible death underneath the dragon’s tantrum. His legs were crushed by the thrashing tail, while his arms met there untimly separation via vibro sized claws. With out legs or arms Gryphus rolled along the cold metallic cargo bay of the death head only to find his lasting peace underneath the dragon’s pouting bum. Blood, and gore was everywhere...

Stormforge looked at the screen trying to shake off the bad feeling he had about a dragon going full tantrum inside a metal coffin. I wonder if the dragon knows it is not very threatening to say Roar?
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Alecto, swathed from head to foot in the sleek black lines of her armor, stepped forward towards what she believed would be the center of the General's display.

"Lets hear what you want, General," she said to the screen. As she said this, she maintained her connection to the Death's Head that she'd started up to help Anon. Normally tracing a radio signal required multiple samples at different positions to triangulate the origin. However, a single receiver could potentially serve the purpose as long as it was moving. It wouldn't be as precise in determining direction, but analyzing how fast the signal weakened, the direction it was strongest from, and how quickly that direction changed...well, it could give them a place to start trying to turn the tables.

Anon, she sent to his suit via tightbeam, Help me locate his transmission source while he explains.

Rolls
Using Computers to assist Anon's Electronics roll: 1d12+2 = 11: 9 or 1d6+2 = 5: 3
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Alecto wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Anon, she sent to his suit via tightbeam, Help me locate his transmission source while he explains.

Rolls
Using Computers to assist Anon's Electronics roll: Original post: 1d12+2 = 11: 9 or Original post: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Gotcha, loud and clear.
Electronics 8, plus 3 from Alecto for 11 total
Electronics 1d8+4 = 8: 4 (MM and +2 vs electronic security factored in)
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4


Anon works the controls, keeping his motions as subtle as he can.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:23 pm

(OOC - Note - if the +2 for security applies to Aleco, she actually got a 13, which would give 4 to Anon, giving him 12 :) )
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Strange Bedfellows
SITREP wrote:
  • Inside a Coalition Death's Head Transport that is slowly coming apart.
  • Hauptmann is infected with a custom genetic virus
  • The skelebots are all gone
  • The Skybunker has been grounded
  • The villain in monologuing
While most of the group reluctantly gives assent to hear the general out, Gryphus blows back with the bluster of a tornado. Unfortunately, the general is unimpressed with the Atlantean’s spunk and snorts a reply before delighting in Merlaggon’s temper tantrum.

”You may try to come kill me, but I have faced greater wizards than you and lived to tell of it. And as for you my petulant snake,” the General looks at Merlaggon with disdain as he speaks, ”I have kill dragons older and wiser than you. Spare me your theatrics.”

As the General speaks, Anon and Alecto work hard to try and get a location on his signal.

”My offer is simple,” the general’s video feed is replaced with terrible looking beast.
Image

Sinder and Merlaggon recognize it right away. They encountered a nest of the things in the basement of a derelict power plant in the ruins of Old Chicago right before Sir Sayeen was killed by the Coalition. ”Two of your may be familiar with this creature. It is known colloquially in the ‘burbs as a Spiny Ravager.” The images reduces so the General is visible again, ”Since your encounter with them, dozens have been released to rampage through the ‘Burbs, against CS outposts, and in the wilds of Missouri and Arkansas...we have gained actionable intelligence that the Federation of Magic is breeding these monstrosities in preparation for a massive assault against Arkansas and Missouri. My mission is to sure up our eastern borders by securing and supporting the new government in Fort El Dorado. However, the best way to prevent an attack is to deny the devil his ability to wage war.”

A map of the magic zone flashes onto the screen, with lots of areas marked unknown. ”The breeding grounds are hidden, perhaps even in another dimension. Short of marching a field army into the Ohio Valley, I have no way to locate these ravagers. Undesirables such as yourselves can move more freely in the Magic Zone. Find the breeding ground and neutralize the ravager hoard and I will release your allies, spare your castle, and cure your Captain.”

Working in the background, Alecto and Anon are able to track the signal through a series of airborne relays (perhaps drones or AWACS aircraft) to the CS State of Chi-Town to a military facility on the banks of the Illinois River.

”You have sixty seconds to decide, or I will instruct our aircraft to open fire.”
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Sinder is upset about his parents, "Damn those CS , if they Harm one hair on their heads and hell will break out ." The internal fire start to rise in him and he is barely able to keep it under control. When the General mentions a way out, Sinder gains control , but doesn't speak.

He waits for the others to talk and make a plan. His plan would be simple, burn the CS to the ground. He was always trying to do the least damage to life. In the Last battle he tried to go after only the CS bots , if they want to lose humans that is what they are going to get. As for Timmy, if he does anything to his parents he is gone. this General needs to die. His parents are known to try to work things out between humans and D-bees , Magic and non Magic. hell they even helped the CS at times.

Sinder sees the Spiny Ravager, this is not good for anyone. "Rod, these things are not good for anyone, but how can we be sure that they just won't kill the hostages after we are working. It seems that we should locate the sites and then exchange information for the release. we could help by targeting the locations and you send in missiles."
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:55 pm

Stormforge tired of the idot captain turns the video feed off with a wave of his hand, but nothing happened as the video feed was not one of his elements. Honestly this guy is a fucking idot... He growls as lightining flashed behind him,”Let those you hold go and you have a deal. I will see to it or die trying. I will not help you if you hold anyone.”
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:44 am

El Dorado/Skybunker chasing DHT
Night
Round 0

Anarik shook his head. “You went through all that trouble to get us to do your dirty work?” he asked the general. “I imagine if you had just dropped the Legion a note, they would have taken care of it for you. They’re all do-gooders. Release the hostages and we will do it.”

***

Anarik:
  • -2 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Ilserayne
  • -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 27/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 117/120)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 7/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Rod listens to Sinder's, then Stormforge's, and then Anarik's demands to the general. He barely avoids face-palming at his team's posturing. Negotiating is not my team's strong suit. Grimly, he replies to the general over the video link. "General, as you can see, my team is one to hold grudges. You've essentially given a time limit of 3 days for this mission, based on how long we have to administer the cure for the virus you've given Hauptmann Schmidt. That in and of itself is unreasonable as you have no Intel on where these breeding grounds are located, and the Magic Zone is large. Release the hostages, provide us with the cure now, and we will take on the task. You can continue to loom invasion over our heads as the inducement to perform. As Sinder has stated Spiny Ravagers are a blight to all. We won't turn away from it."

"Hernandez, over there," Rod nods his head towards the Chrome Commander standing behind the general, "has obviously convinced you that if any one can do this task it's the 1st SET. Based on this elaborate ploy, you agree that your own troops aren't up the task. So what's it going to be General?
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Anon fidgets.They want us to start their next war for them. They want to bring Tolkeen to the Federation

Anon has no illusions about the general morality of the Federation’s leadership... but leaders aren’t the ones who die in wars. And, besides, Stormspire is home, and home is technically in the Federation.

He keeps his mouth shut, letting the others talk it through. For his part... he just doesn’t know what to do.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:13 am

Why does it have to be a Spiny Ravager? Those things taste YUCKY! Maybe it will be as Cory told me and that your tastes change as you grow up, and I will like their taste this time.

"I will help take care of this, but if any harm should fall upon my Cory, I WILL have my revenge."
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Seric
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Seric » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:39 am

Seric is sullen and quietly watches the others. His dislike of the CS evident but he stays quiet at Anon's side.


Short Post eh
Things have been super wild and busy at work. I am sorry for the lame short post. Thanks.

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Negotiating with Terrorists
SITREP wrote:
  • Inside a Coalition Death's Head Transport that is slowly coming apart.
  • Hauptmann is infected with a custom genetic virus
  • The skelebots are all gone
  • The Skybunker has been grounded
  • 1st SET making demands despite their situation
Anon and Seric take on the disposition of stone cold killers while Merlaggon rages. Meanwhile the more level heads in the group attempt to negotiate the release of the hostages. The general seems amused by their antics.

”You are hardly in a position to make demands. Yet, I am magnanimous even to my enemies. I will release the undesirables along with the cure for your Captain in twenty-four hours. They will arrive via convoy from Fort El Dorado to your castle. I am sure the legion can notify you upon their safe arrival.”

The map comes to life on the screen again denoting a point just inside the magic zone not far from from the Chi-Town State border, ”The 53rd Air Group decimated an entire herd of the ravagers trampling their way to Chi-Town. That may give you a starting point, our rangers and RSCG scientists on the ground have orders to assist you. Although I suggest you disguise your more monstrous members. Sergeant Hernandez also reports you recovered a book from the deceased summoner in Old Chicago. That too may contain intelligence you require. This transport has some communication devices in the storage lockers, we will fly daily sorties over the magic zone to receive any messages you deign to send. The campaign to secure Arkansas begins tomorrow and should reach your refugee villages within a week. Whether we advance any further or not depends on you.”

”This transport can take you to the deceased herd or to your castle. It may not make it much further than that without repair. State your destination.”
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Anon grinds his teeth. Not a great start.

To @Roderick Wolfram, he says, "If we're doing this, we should go to the castle first. Start on our turf. We can put this heap down a minimum safe distance from the castle and have them send a shuttle for pickup."

He tries to keep his voice neutral, well aware that they are being watched.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:25 am

El Dorado/Derelict DHT
Night
Round 0

“We need to get the commander to the castle for the cure anyway,” Anarik agreed with Anon. “We can pick up reliable transportation then.” Not to mention deliver a powerful weapon to the Legion. Even a derelict Death’s Head could possibly be repaired by the Legion and put into the lines, perhaps. Or maybe used as a mobile SET base. He paused to consider. “We will be caught behind enemy lines, though,” he admitted. But the DHT could be used as a deterrent to the siege, perhapps.

***

Anarik:
  • -2 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Ilserayne
  • -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 27/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 117/120)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 7/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Rod passes a hand across his mouth to hide his grin. When the time comes, we will kick your ass as well as that back stabber Hernandez, the pilot thinks, Anon and Anarik have the right of it, we need to get back to the Castle. He says over the video link, "We will return to Castle Refuge to locate the book you mentioned, General. Then determine where to proceed. Send the coordinates of the air strike you mentioned, along with the frequencies and codes for us to contact your egg heads." He touches his control panel to record the information.

When the general signs off, Rod waits for confirmation that the other Coalition aircraft turn back, and then using the team's channel says, "@Seric, get this bird head to Refuge. @Anon, disable any surveillance devices that are still active if possible."

Once the DHT is headed in the correct direction, and for the moment not about to explode, Rod leaves Beta and Charlie in the cockpit, and exits the Dragonwing to speak to the Hauptmann. "Schmidt, you've put us in quite the pickle. The payment for this rescue is on 3M, when we land recall the teams to Castle Refuge, they are going to help with the defense of the castle when the CS come knocking."

He looks around at his team, "Now, who can tell me about this book..."
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:49 pm

Sinder looks around , at the others then speaks,
"The only ones from that mission left Cory, Timmy. and they are together. Then Merl and I are the last."
Sinder thinks of him frying the monsters and then Fell attacking the female mage when they were just talking. Next how they had to fight their way out past mage and Brodkil and then the CS, all in all a bad day.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:55 am

Stormforge wished he could reach through the view screen and suck the air out of the coalition’s vaunted hero. He wished he could rip the metal man’s legs apart leaving him helpless. He wished alot of things, and in doing so finally understood the hatred and loathing his old friend Nostro Dunscon had felt towards the coalition. Was there anything that could be done to show these people that magic was good and beautiful, or should they be wiped out so humanity could start anew?

It seemed somehow the impassioned pleas of the group had given the Hero of Humanity a change of heart. Stormforge glanced his his journal that Zolo had left him. While she had not been their to see it in person she had made a note of it during her research of the team’s old missions.

Gravely he finished before the video cut out, ”One last request since you are clearly such a benevolent man, and leader...” Gryphus paused considering what might be his last request, ”We do this... You establish formal talks with the Council of Hope with the earnest desire to establish an embassy within Castle Refugee.” Gryphus smiled knowing clearly he had just joined and was in no position to speak for the leadership at Castle Refugee. Somehow we must get these people to the table otherwise we will be another Tolkeen or Grand City. ”It is clear this world has many threats that could be best dealt with together... All I ask is that you try.”
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 am

"I don't like to think much about that day. That is the day when we lost Sir Sayeen. I still miss him. Those Spiny Ravagers are more fearsome in person than they look like in that picture. The young are almost my current size, and the adults are a bit bigger. Those ones were summoned by the book we found at that time. Even the younger ones we encountered bite hard enough to hurt me.

Lets go back to the Castle and drop off the Transport and the people we rescued here and earlier. Then we go and save our friends and family by... by... by doing what the STUpid General wanted."
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Venatus Vinco » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:42 am

As the group speeds back to the Castle, Gryphus makes a final attempt at diplomacy. For his part the General only scoffs rather than outright laughs at notion, "An embassy to your organization means we recognize its validity. We don't. Complete this task and our benevolent allowance of your existence will continue. Personally, I like having non-humans to sacrifice on dangerous missions. So, do well and maybe I let the Castle stand and keep you around to do another off the books job for me...one more thing, when you land get clear quickly. My fighters will blow up the transport."

The General signs off, but its obvious he isn't far as the jet fighters continue to shadow the transport, staying inside missile range. It takes some convincing to reassure the jittery types at Castle Refuge that a Death's Head Transport, escorted by a fighter squadron is not part of an invasion force and Seric manages to set down a ways away from the Castle to avoid any collateral damage from the impending explosion.
OOC Comments
If you want to try and take some action to save/salvage the transport you can but missiles will be incoming once you're clear
The Council of Hope is already convened by the time the first arrives. It takes some time but the summoner's book from Old Chicago is found and brought to the Council Chambers. Serena Stargazer, the Councilor of Magic, gives a brief update.

"We have been studying the book since you brought it to us. As suspected it has the makings of a ritual to call forth these Ravagers from their home dimension. Unfortunately, the magics to bind and control the beings is unstable and incomplete. Perhaps explaining the fate of the group you discovered. Although form the mission reports it also appears the ritual in Chicago was interrupted by the team you set out to find. Regardless, to bring forth a herd of the magnitude the general describes requires massive magical energy and controlling a large group would need more than a simple binding. The Simvan have been known to ride similar monsters, uncovering their breeding approach may be another avenue of investigation."

After some Council deliberations Craig Henson, the non-nonsense mayor of Refuge, looks to the group.

"It's all up to you. So far the avenues are to track back the creator of the ritual, find the breeders, or go to the General's coordinates and track the herd. With an impending invasion we can't spare the personnel to pursue all the leads at once."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:18 am

Anon speaks up once given the chance.

"I know the Coalition. I've seen how they operate, and how they treat their 'allies.' We should rely on them and their resources as little as possible while we run this down. We've got this book right here; I vote we start with that. Unraveling a magic ritual that summons terrors into this world, well, that's Tomorrow Legion work. That's the sort of thing I signed on for. The rest of this," he waves his hand, trying to indicate the whole of the rest of the situation, "maybe not as much."

He then waits to see what the rest of the group, particularly @Roderick Wolfram, has to say about their next move.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:58 pm

Sinder listens to much involved with his parents being held. He knows that his judgement is irrational at this point, so he waits for things he knows how to do. Burn anyone in his way to cinder. Heaven help the CS if any harm is done to his parents.
He looks around to the others, "So when do we go? and we need to get comm back that the prisoners are safe?"
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Destiny writ in blood. A history repeated.
How the fall of the grand city began
Dunscon looked at his council wild eyed one hand was on his famed book of summoning and the other sat idly resting on his throne. Gryphus had just sat down after finishing his plea to join forces with the CS at old Chicago to stop the merciless invasion of a bug like race. Dunscon laughed, ” Did they even invite us to their precious coalition of states? We have all heard rumors of new legislation aimed at curt tailing d-bees and magic users within their boarders. Have they even asked for our aid?”

Gryphus rose to speak once more, but was silenced with a wave from Nostro Dusnscon, ”Gaurds... Take Stormforge away, I want no more talks of peace with an enemy.”

Gryphus was hog tied and dragged out of the council chambers screaming, ”No! They are not our enemy. Dunscon please we can show them the wonder and goodness of magic! Please no...!”

The doors to the chamber shut with Gryphus forever on the otherside. As they shut he heard Dunscon utter, ”How can we strike first and show them no mercy...”
Despite the coalition officers rebuke of the embassy, hope still burned within the warlock. Hope to one day show the coalition irrefutable evidence that magic was a force for good. Stopping these beasts seemed a good start. Perhaps as the officer had said this could lead to some kind of tenuous relationship. Maybe in time it could grow...

At the council meeting stormforge listenings to the assessment and lack of resources the legion has to offer. He speaks with a form softness more than uncomfortable being indoors for so long, ”Anon, has a good thought. Our own independent research of the book would be advisable, who knows what information maybe hiding in the tome? Locating Simvan monster riders would also help in giving us clues into the conditions necessary to breed such a large group of these creatures. But we should also not forget to check in on the current heard ourselves. Assessing their numbers, curbing them, and protecting the general populous would be beneficial and certainly instrumental in getting those kidnapped released.” He placed a hand on Sinder’s shoulder letting the burner know he had some understanding of the man’s concern for his family. He himself had known the Barons for sometime.
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:47 pm

Castle Refuge
Night
Round 0
Time
How much time has passed for PPE regen (and recovering from fatigue)?
After the discussions with the general, Anarik found the medical bay on the transport. He shut down the lights and lay down on one of the beds, his entire body aching. Ilserayne transformed into Ilse and cuddled up beside him, her head on his chest, cooing her comfort. She was bruised and battered, too. They both needed the rest.

Someone awakened them as they were approaching the castle. Anarik’s entire body was stiff, but he forced himself up. With Ilse’s help, he limped along to rejoin the others. His muscles and joints were loosened by the time they appeared before the Council to discuss their options.

“The simvan have a psychic bonding with the monsters they ride,” Anarik said. “That is a bit beyond my ken. But a book of summoning is something I do know about.” Anarik felt the magic tickle along his spine as he thought about what he could learn from that book.

“You’re drooling, dear,” Ilse leaned over and whispered.

***

Anarik:
  • -2 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Ilserayne
  • -1 Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) - needs 24 hours
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 27/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 117/120)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 7/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 3/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:20 pm

After the council meeting, Rod consults with the team.

"There are a few people in the CS that are honorable, but they are far between. The General doesn't seem like the kind that will keep his word as long as it's convenient. We will have to use a trust and verify approach with any data they give us," Rod says.

"We have three possible leads, the book, the breeders, and the herd. I like @Stormforge's idea of speaking to the local Simvan tribes about what they know, and perhaps learning a bit about any weaknesses of Spiny Ravagers and how long it takes to raise one. They are huge so it can't be quick, but it might point for possible locations that are conducive to the task."

"@Anon and @Anarik Ebonlocke , it would seem that you too might be best suited to researching that tome and getting a lead on who wrote it and/or locate where future rituals might occur. Maybe come up with some sort of device to send them back where these creatures come from. That would help level the playing field plenty."

"@Sinder and @Merlaggon , how about you speak to the local Simvans and see what they know?"

"For the rest of us, @Alecto , @Seric , @Stormforge , and myself. I think we should head to the site of the battle the General mentioned. A herd like that should be relatively easy to back track to their origin. I've got room for three passengers, unless @Alecto wants to use her jet pack and @Seric can rustle up another hover cycle."

"We follow these leads for the next day or two and regroup. That should be time to confirm that Sinder's family along with Cory are returned safely and Schmidt has the antidote she needs."

Rod opens the floor for discussion, "Comments?"
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Alecto » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm

"I am substantially slower than the Dragonfly in my jetpack," Alecto says mildly. "It would likely be best if I rode with you until we were close to the target. There is also the possibility that the General's threat is a bluff. The Coalition has had many opportunities to attack Castle Refuge in force. It has thus far declined to do so. Now his threat to invade it, while en route to a larger threat, seems like an unlikely strategy to me."

"This doesn't change our course of action, as the ravagers are too dangerous to ignore...but it's worth keeping in mind. Anon and I were also able to determine a distance and heading to the signal the General was transmitting with. It's possible it was a mobile source, but it could constitute a point to begin tracking him should we wish to do so."

"As for the ravagers themselves, I cannot contribute expertise on the question of spellbooks and summonings. However, creatures of this size and ferocity would pose no challenge in tracking conventionally. Perhaps we have the resources and personnel to pursue both paths at once?"
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:04 pm

Gryphus looked at Merlaggon with a raised eye. He barely contained the laughter snort at Merlaggon talking to Simvan. Like Sinder Gryphus too knew folks arround the globe. He paused and revealed his thoughts to @Roderick Wolfram in a humane way. ”I’ll do as you ask, but from time to time I have been known to speak with the enemies of the psi stalkers. I know a few of them, and could do well with that leg of the mission.” Privately he told Rod with a fair amount of sumpathy for Merlaggon, ” Dragon’s imprint hard on those they travel with, it sounds like Merlaggon and Corey were close... I am not sure where Merlaggon’s head is at but asking him to talk to people may be a stone too much. Given his fragile ego, he needs a win and a chance to do well. I just want him to succeed. You know him better than I so its your call. But I just wanted to speak to you privately first.”
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Stormforge wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:04 pm
Gryphus looked at Merlaggon with a raised eye. He barely contained the laughter snort at Merlaggon talking to Simvan. Like Sinder Gryphus too knew folks arround the globe. He paused and revealed his thoughts to @Roderick Wolfram in a humane way. ”I’ll do as you ask, but from time to time I have been known to speak with the enemies of the psi stalkers. I know a few of them, and could do well with that leg of the mission.” Privately he told Rod with a fair amount of sumpathy for Merlaggon, ” Dragon’s imprint hard on those they travel with, it sounds like Merlaggon and Corey were close... I am not sure where Merlaggon’s head is at but asking him to talk to people may be a stone too much. Given his fragile ego, he needs a win and a chance to do well. I just want him to succeed. You know him better than I so its your call. But I just wanted to speak to you privately first.”
Rod nods as he listens to Stormforge's suggestion. "We need to get to the battlefield quick, and having an anxious and distracted dragon inside the Dragonwing is probably a recipe for disaster. In a battle, I want him right there in the thick of it with me, but I am hoping this is pure reconnaissance. If I were to switch you out, it would be with Sinder, but he's got skin in the game too with his parents being taken. Your weather magic may come in handy out there if you can hide us in the clouds, or if we are attack, countering any malign magic thrown our way while Alecto, Seric, and I put the beatdown on them."
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Stormforge
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Stormforge » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Stormforge was going to let Rod know that dragon’s can shapeshift, but decided to keep his mouth shut already regretting opening it in the first place. Rod was giving him a chance to show folks how cool magic was. He merly nodded and headed to the dragon wing with his griffin. If a trail of Simvan bodies waere left dead and charred perhaps it would be for the best.
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Merlaggon » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:28 am

"It would be best if Sinder is the one to talk to the Simvan, but I can be his backup... either in my normal form, a humanoid, or maybe even a Rhino-Buffalo or Fury Beetle... if Sinder thinks it would help. The simvans seem to regard the animals as their friends, and my metamorphing into one MAY help, or it may hurt the relations once they realize what I am. One plus for the animal form is that it wouldn't scare the Simvan, but would be tough enough to take any attacks if someone should attack me... and also may get them to waste effort and time trying to Beast Friend me. I won't take anything out on the Simvan, however. It is that BAD, MEAN General I would like to have a chance to talk to close and in person."
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 3/3
  • [*]Base Amount
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 8: Saving Hauptmann Schmidt

Post by Sinder » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:37 am

Sinder looks at Merl and the others , then speaks, "I don't mind going with Merl and trying to get the simvans help. I'll take Angel, my friend, he might be interesting enough that they will want to see him up close. Animals kinda like me.so that may help. And of course Mom and Dad, they help some of them. I might run into some friends. just need something I can ride . think my Ride went for a tumble when we took the CS flying Brick."
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

Post Reply

Return to “1st SET Adventure Forum”