20 - The Gate to Refuge

Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Leethe » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Leethe spends her time working on repairing the APC.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 12(5)
Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2
ISP: 38 / 40 ; Energy: 10/15 Item Energy: 20/20
Bennies: 1 / 3
Golden Bennies: 0
Log
Q4 2019
  • 10/1: Benny spent for reroll of Psionic skill
  • Benny reset
  • 11/26: Benny for Soak and Benny for Reroll
Edit Signature

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Gridia Thorem » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:41 am

Corruption in the arcane energies...how much worse can this get?

Gridia moves to monitor the area to the East. Occasionally he checks the ley network that is going away from Refuge as well. Maybe someone is foolish enough to access the lines before they make a move against us.

Gridia's hope is that anyone wanting to capitalize on the Nexus activity may have been scared off after the skirmish that happened here barely moments ago. Though he's pretty sure nothing followed him, he knows not everything is as visible to him as the arcane energies that surrounds the 99th.
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 38/60
Bennies: 2/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6; Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (+6 MDC - greater protection); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Greater Protection(2 rounds remaining)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

User avatar
Fritz
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Fritz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Fillmore disembarks from the APC avoiding the repairs and such. Once clear, he shakes his head to clear the daze and haze. Looking around he sees the recon teams heading out and the perimeter being set up to allow for the repairs. Scanning he seems concerned when he can not find Fritz.
Fillmore.jpg
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Rolls for Maggie, Per GM Request in Hangouts: Stealth 7, Notice 8
Stealth 1d10 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Reroll
Stealth 1d10+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5

Notice 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2
Maggie moves as silently as she can, keeping her eyes peeled for any sign of danger.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sir William Mahan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:53 am

Stealth 1, Notice 5
Notice 1d4 = 1: 1 Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Stealth 1d6 = 5: 5 Wild 1d6 = 4: 4 - 4
Sir William soars at treetop level some distance behind Maggie, eyes watchful for any sign of hostile forces.
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3407
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Mount Vernon, Washington
Contact:

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Ndreare » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 pm

OOC Comments
Effect on Magic 1d6 = 1: 1
Storm Effect 1d8 = 6: 6
Size 3d6 = 11: 1, 4, 6

1 = Affected, 2 = Not Affected
Ruben 1d2 = 1: 1
Renee 1d2 = 1: 1
Filmore 1d2 = 1: 1
Mike 1d2 = 2: 2
Sheala 1d2 = 1: 1
Soldier 1 1d2 = 2: 2
Soldier 2 1d2 = 2: 2
Soldier 3 1d2 = 1: 1
Soldier 4 1d2 = 1: 1
Benny Counter
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 6; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +5 Players
    +1 Sidekicks
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Captain Durrack 2 (WG Improved Level Headed, Spirit, Strength, Fighting, & Athletics Ex boosted +1 DT)
Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (4) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Failed rerolls to bash Sam
Debrek 2 (Ex DA+Pres Sense, Ex Protection +6 toughness, Ex Deflection -4, Ex Quickness, Force Mult x7)
Parry: 6; Toughness: 14 (6) / 20 (6) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Rerolls on Force Multiplication
Essense 3 (Ex Detect Arcana + Presence Sense, WG Improved Level Headed)
Parry: 5; Toughness: 15 (4)
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    -1 To Resist Hacking
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Power 2 (WG Improved Level Headed)
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Reroll Self Healing in turn 1
Angelus 0, Murdered by Home Invaders
Parry: 7; Toughness: 26 (10) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -1 Resist Fear
    -3 Soak Sa'Maku's volley of blows. Took 3 wounds


Peacemaker Crew 41
  • 41 Baseline
    kills
[/list]
The 99's Game Master Bennies 9, Mission: Investigate Corruption at Refuge
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

    Demon Prince of Corruption 2
    Parry 15 Toughness 45 (20)
    • 2 NPC Wild Card
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 0, Mission None
  • +0 ADVENTURE Reset

Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]

Dynamic Backlash Table
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3407
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Mount Vernon, Washington
Contact:

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Ndreare » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:48 pm

With a lot of repairs needing to be done and the supplies not readily available the team decides splitting up is the way to go. @Maggie and @Sir William Mahan take to scouting, Maggie on foot, while Sir William goes by hover bike. Meanwhile @Leethe and @Sal get to work on repairs, even getting a little help from some of the recruits when needed for heavy or rough work.

But all is not as easy as it could be. As Sal and Leethe continue working on the damage systems they see it will be a couple hours, but they can do it.
Repairs
I honestly lost track of the repairs. People kept rolling and it looked like no coordination of who was rolling for what. I am assuming all the repairs will be completed at the end of the scene.
  1. Repair [Allows basic piloting at -4] = completed
  2. Electronics -2 [Allows improvising access to sensors at -4] = completed
  3. Repair -2 [Allows improvising access to Weapons at -4, requires sensors fixed first. = completed
Full repairs will require parts not available in the field.
While ranging out for reconnaissance @Maggie sees a small swarm of what looks like about 30 mixed xiticix working on building a nest. Currently the nest is small enough that they could easily be removed by a skilled unit. Suddenly she hears the sound of the hover bike overhead and as the xiticix turn collectively to the new sound she sees something that chills her blood. These xiticix are dead, their corpses animated somehow they have giant holes burned into them, some are even missing parts of their skulls or limbs. She is too close, trying to give a warning over the radio would give away her position, but what should she, or could she do?
Quick Encounter Directions Maggie
You need to make another stealth roll to move either closer or away. The things are on full alert now and will be interested in activity. Luckily only about a score are left buzzing around the area looking for more trouble.
Unfortunately they are armed with xiticix TW weapons.

It will take you 4 successes to escape this area

Success on roll is 1 counter, raise is 2 counters
@Sir William Mahan heads out after taking care of what is needed to assist in scouting from a higher vantage point. All is well until about 40 minutes into the activity when a large swarm of what looks to be a score and a half of xiticix burst from the foliage line. Obviously aggressive bugs are headed straight for Sir William and his hover bike. Leaving him with three choices fight them hear, lead them away from the APC, and hope to ditch them, or lead them back to the APC and hope to eliminate them.
Quick Encounter
You can easily out fly these things, your bike is so much faster than them. Fighting here would be a virtual death sentence on your own, but you have choices.

They will be able to get off 5 attacks against you and the bike as you go. However...
  1. Lead them back to the APC and hope the team can eliminate them. Piloting -2 roll, each success and raise reduces the number of attacks they can roll versus you by 1.
  2. Lead them off away from the APC, and simply evade them. Piloting +2 roll, each success and raise reduces the number of attacks they can roll versus you by 1.
  3. Fight them, we will forgo the default attacks and deal cards between you and 30 Xiticix.
It will take you 4 successes to escape this area.

Success on roll is 1 counter, raise is 2 counters
Back at the APC Filmore, Ruben, Mike, Sheela, Renee, @Fritz and @Gridia Thorem take turns completely other duties, standing guard,and local patrols. Normally this is the kind of job that leaves one with plenty of time to think, relax, and generally recover. However unfortunately the air begin to tingle as it likewise begins to thicken. @Gridia Thorem recognises the signs immediately, these things sometimes happen together, but when they do it is horrible. A rift explodes open and with it the Ley Line Storm on the other side is reaching through! Suddenly all magic simply stops working! No device, enchantment, TW artifice, spell or psionic power holds its power. It is like they are grounded devices unable to hold a charge. The forest around the team disappears and all that can be seen is the transport and the rest of the 99 around you.

Then there is a movement within the grey nothingness around you. Strange apparitions of your inner nightmares forming from the edges of the area begin flying towards the heroes. Each one like a dream from the worst moments of life and most painful experiences. When they touch the allies the COT has with them, they see Ruben, Renee, Filmore, Sheala, even 3 of the soldiers are suddenly knocked down screaming as blood begins coming from their pores, and orifices.

Quick Encounter Directions, Sal, Gridia, Fritz, Leethe
@Leethe, @Sal, @Fritz and @Gridia Thorem are all here with the NPCs.
You are in a strange dimensional flux. You need to accomplish three tasks. Each Player can help with one task, they get +1 to their roll for each NPC helping them.

Stabilize the world around you and get back into the physical world.
  • Roll any Arcane skill -4 or Occult -4 = Requires 4 Successes
Defend the APC and the Casters
  • Roll your choice of the follow
    Spirit -2 or any Combat skill -2 = Requires 4 Successes, each failure will allow a random 1d3 soakable wounds to be delivered to a random player or vehicle.

    Success on roll is 1 counter, raise is 2 counters
    EDIT INCOMPLETE SENTENCE around 3:35 PM
Benny Counter
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 6; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +5 Players
    +1 Sidekicks
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Captain Durrack 2 (WG Improved Level Headed, Spirit, Strength, Fighting, & Athletics Ex boosted +1 DT)
Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (4) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Failed rerolls to bash Sam
Debrek 2 (Ex DA+Pres Sense, Ex Protection +6 toughness, Ex Deflection -4, Ex Quickness, Force Mult x7)
Parry: 6; Toughness: 14 (6) / 20 (6) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Rerolls on Force Multiplication
Essense 3 (Ex Detect Arcana + Presence Sense, WG Improved Level Headed)
Parry: 5; Toughness: 15 (4)
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    -1 To Resist Hacking
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Power 2 (WG Improved Level Headed)
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Reroll Self Healing in turn 1
Angelus 0, Murdered by Home Invaders
Parry: 7; Toughness: 26 (10) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -1 Resist Fear
    -3 Soak Sa'Maku's volley of blows. Took 3 wounds


Peacemaker Crew 41
  • 41 Baseline
    kills
[/list]
The 99's Game Master Bennies 9, Mission: Investigate Corruption at Refuge
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

    Demon Prince of Corruption 2
    Parry 15 Toughness 45 (20)
    • 2 NPC Wild Card
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 0, Mission None
  • +0 ADVENTURE Reset

Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]

Dynamic Backlash Table
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Stealth 11 to Back Away
Stealth 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 5: 5
Maggie knows enough about the bugs to know that being invisible wouldn’t do much to help her get past them.

She begins working her way back towards @Sir William Mahan, hoping to get enough distance from the Xiticix that she could send a radio warning to the trailing Cyber-Knight, if it wasn’t already too late.

Again with the bugs. And again the Glitter Boy pilot is outside of her armor.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sir William Mahan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:57 am

Piloting 9
1d4 = 2: 2 Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 + 2 Age on Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Taunt 16
1d6 = 5: 5 Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6 = 6: 6 Second Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Seeing the danger these creatures pose not only to his team but to anyone nearby, Sir William sends a broadband signal on an open channel. "Attention anyone within range - zombie Xiticix are in the area, repeat, zombie Xiticix are in the area." Hopefully, Maggie will fall back to the APC, but I need to distract them in any case. Turning his attention to the creatures, he whips his hoverbike around and heads off to the side, away from both Maggie and the APC. "Catch me if you can, you undead monstrosities!" he yells, opening the throttle wide.
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Gridia Thorem » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:41 am

Spellcasting 6
Spellcasting d10, NPC assist +1 = d10+1
Spellcasting 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Benny Reroll
Spellcasting d10, NPC assist +1, Elan +2 = d10+3
Spellcasting 1d10+3 = 6: 3
Wild 1d6+3 = 4: 1
Before he can warn the others, the area around him and those nearest the Rift is nothing but a void of gray. Suddenly he sees the soldier nearest him collapse and Gridia must still himself at the sight before him. I have to contain this anomaly before things get out of hand.

Quickly he starts working on getting the situation under control, working with those around him to combat the effects of the Ley Line Storm. Gridia's blood stills as he realizes his abilities are suddenly gone, or perhaps dormant.

Damned Rifts, this bunch could have used five minutes. Figures that's ruined by a power sucking storm.

He begins to try to rework the arcane energies, for what it's worth, as best he can to get the area back under control.
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 38/60
Bennies: 2/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6; Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (+6 MDC - greater protection); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Greater Protection(2 rounds remaining)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Steven looks around from within the Glitter Boy armor, suddenly entirely alone in the clearing.

"Um... hello? Fellow sentients?"

Smarts for Jack of All Trades 10, Gains d6 in Occult
Smarts 1d12 = 10: 10
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Steven begins searching the rather substantial data banks for anything relevant to what he just witnessed.
Occult 4
Occult 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
@RFT How much does Steven know about what he just witnessed with a simple success?
Sir William Mahan wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:57 am

Seeing the danger these creatures pose not only to his team but to anyone nearby, Sir William sends a broadband signal on an open channel. "Attention anyone within range - zombie Xiticix are in the area, repeat, zombie Xiticix are in the area."
If he is in range, Steven will reply with the following:

"Cyber-Knight Mahan, your message is received. An arcane event has occurred here at the APC, and the team seems to have disappeared somehow."



From her position in the bush, Maggie hear's @Sir William Mahan's broadcast and thinks, Well, at least I don't have to worry about warning him.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Fritz
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Fritz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Fritz was escorted back to the APC by Fillmore. As they approached the storm hit and things that Fritz could not explain began occuring.

Fillmore "sees" things first and realizes that something is wrong. "Doc, you are going to need to use that sidearm."

Reluctant Fritz pulls out the pistol and Fillmore comes over and points Fritz out into the fray or the whirling storm.

Pointing his Wilk's pistol where Fillmore directed, he relied on Fillmore to direct his fire, essentially becoming a metal human turret. Detached mentally and emotionally, Fritz was on a form of auto-pilot. <<Pacifist Hindrance enabled>>

Shooting 16 _
Scene Modifier: -2
NPC/Fillmore Assist: +1
[*] Shooting (1d8) 1d8 = 5: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 12: 6
[*] Super Aced! Wild (1d6+12) 1d6+12 = 17: 5
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Get us back, 1 success, 3 bennies spent
1d12-2 = 4: 6 wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1 benny ro reroll with Elan: 1d12 = 2: 2 wild 1d6 = 1: 1 benny to reroll 1d12 = 3: 3 wild 1d6 = 3: 3 last benny to reroll 1d12 = 5: 5 wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Deep inside a black ops compound near the town of Junction was a small room with an electrified cage surrounded by M.o.M implantation devices, juicer cocktails, and technowizard crystals. A small rat was in the cage, brown like Sal with a tiny speckle of white on his underbelly again like Sal that Fritz could attest too. A doctor was in the room with a clip board and surgical mask obstructing his facial features. The door opened and a hard nosed man walked in chomping on a cigar. The main’s salt and pepper hair was cut neatly and just a hair’s bredth over regulation.

The doctor seemed to stand a little straighter, ”M...Major Wolfe... The subject is ready.”

The major nodded once, ”Good... What did our Canadian friends say about this procedure Doctor?”

The doctor was clearly startled, ”I... I...”

The major raised a hand cutting him off, ”Come now doctor, we monitor all your calls and know that they are not sending you recipies for a better poutine. No matter they were dealt with.” He tapped the cage once making the rat scurry arround. He checked the cages name plate. ”Sal huh? Well if this works we will never let him out of our control.”

The dream subsided and Sal focused at hand. My hand... The arcane blaster could be temporarily over loaded to get us back into reality... With a few fiddlings he worked quickly and quietly not wanting to talk about how he was brought into being. Within moments he unleashed a pulse of energy from his cyber hand trying to bring his team and new friends back to reality.
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3407
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Mount Vernon, Washington
Contact:

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Ndreare » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:31 pm

As @Maggie begins backing away, the bugs become even more dense. Somehow more bugs that could possibly fit begin crawling out of the little structure, there must be underground parts of this structure.
Then two of the creatures come from behind you without your notice, firing off shots.

Meanwhile Stevn looks around, hearing the message from @Sir William Mahan gives him a clue, his own experiences however fill in the details. Communicating what he can Steven's sensor suit suddenly picks up someone, or something behind the armor that was not there before. Laying on the ground what looks like some sort of advanced synthetic life-form lays on the ground apparently damaged. (@Custos CarcerisXXVII)
Instructions = Take 9 AP 2 mega damage, read hidden post
Maggie you take 9 Damage, soak if you would like, then continue.
Shooting 1d10 = 1: 1
TK Gun Damage 3d6 = 11: 4, 5, 2 Mega Damage (+ 1d6 = 5: 5 if raise)

Shooting 1d10 = 5: 5
TK Gun Damage 3d6 = 9: 3, 3, 3 Mega Damage (+ 1d6 = 5: 5 if raise)

You need to make another stealth roll to move either closer or away. The things are on full alert now and will be interested in activity. Luckily only about a score are left buzzing around the area looking for more trouble.
Unfortunately they are armed with xiticix TW weapons.

It will take you 4 successes to escape this area, you have 2


As @Sir William Mahan takes off his taunt seems to work (preventing one of them from shooting you) as they all follow. The massive volley of blasts as what must be two score of Xiticix pursue the Knight. Most are misses, his speed and evasion helping. But a few shots hit.
Instructions = Take 14 AP2 and 18 AP 2 against your bike, read hidden post
Was 5, your 2 successes reduce this to 3, your taunt further reduced to 2 attacks against you.
Shooting 1d10 = 9: 9 against 1d100 = 80: 80 Hit with Raise against Bike
TK Gun Damage 3d6 = 6: 1, 4, 1 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Ace 1d6+10 = 14: 4 AP 2

Shooting 1d10 = 5: 5 against 1d100 = 83: 83 Hit with Raise against Bike
TK Gun Damage 3d6 = 14: 5, 6, 3 + Ace 1d6 = 4: 4 AP 2


You can easily out fly these things, your bike is so much faster than them. You have already had two successes and require 2 more.
@Gridia Thorem sets to work concentrating his efforts to stabilize the local area and return the group begins to show signs of correction. But the howling apparitions are relentless. Gridia knows he must put in the extra effort for them to have any chance of success.

Setting up post @Fritz and Filmore work like a well oiled machine providing safety and security for @Gridia Thorem as he does his work. The ability to divide their shots and trust the other to cover opening is impressive as one apparition after another falls defeated.

@Sal's hallucination was potent, so potent was the memory that it flowed out affecting everyone else around him. The doctors, the surgeries, the terror. Coming to himself Sal asserts his will over the the area helping Gridia and stabilizing the area even more. Then realizing what he needs to do Sal overloads the arcane blaster, the energy not able to exists in a solely astral place moves the heroes so much closer to the real world.
OOC Comments
I like the post, please take a benny again.

Leethe and L.C. find themselves trapped in the dream, unable to escape. However their powerful psychic minds, while being more easily drawn into the astral, can likewise more easily shape it.

Instructions = read hidden post
@Leethe , @Sal , @Fritz, @Gridia Thorem and @L.C. are all here with the NPCs.
You are in a strange dimensional flux. You need to accomplish three tasks. Each Player can help with one task, they get +1 to their roll for each NPC helping them.

Stabilize the world around you and get back into the physical world.
  • Roll any Arcane skill -4 or Occult -4 = Requires 4 Successes you have 2 (Line Walker ignores this -4 penalty)
Defend the APC and the Casters
  • Roll your choice of the follow
    Spirit -2 or any Combat skill -2 = Requires 4 Successes, each failure will allow a random 1d3 soakable wounds to be delivered to a random player or vehicle.
Continued from viewtopic.php?f=82&t=4096&p=58103#p58103
Benny Counter
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 6; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +5 Players
    +1 Sidekicks
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Captain Durrack 2 (WG Improved Level Headed, Spirit, Strength, Fighting, & Athletics Ex boosted +1 DT)
Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (4) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Failed rerolls to bash Sam
Debrek 2 (Ex DA+Pres Sense, Ex Protection +6 toughness, Ex Deflection -4, Ex Quickness, Force Mult x7)
Parry: 6; Toughness: 14 (6) / 20 (6) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Rerolls on Force Multiplication
Essense 3 (Ex Detect Arcana + Presence Sense, WG Improved Level Headed)
Parry: 5; Toughness: 15 (4)
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    -1 To Resist Hacking
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Power 2 (WG Improved Level Headed)
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Reroll Self Healing in turn 1
Angelus 0, Murdered by Home Invaders
Parry: 7; Toughness: 26 (10) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -1 Resist Fear
    -3 Soak Sa'Maku's volley of blows. Took 3 wounds


Peacemaker Crew 41
  • 41 Baseline
    kills
[/list]
The 99's Game Master Bennies 9, Mission: Investigate Corruption at Refuge
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

    Demon Prince of Corruption 2
    Parry 15 Toughness 45 (20)
    • 2 NPC Wild Card
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 0, Mission None
  • +0 ADVENTURE Reset

Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]

Dynamic Backlash Table
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Gridia Thorem » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:31 am

Might actually be working. Better keep at it.

Gridia works to ignore the conflict around him as he focuses on combating the storm.

"Keep it up gentlemen! We'll make things right!" he says, nodding to the soldier that's been assisting him.

Seeing reality settling back around them, Gridia gives his efforts another push.
Arcane Skill: Spellcasting = 8
Spellcasting d10, NPC assist +1 = d10+1
Spellcasting 1d10+1 = 8: 7
Wild 1d6+1 = 2: 1
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 38/60
Bennies: 2/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6; Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (+6 MDC - greater protection); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Greater Protection(2 rounds remaining)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sir William Mahan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 am

Piloting Rolls
First roll to maintain control = 11 1d4 = 1: 1 Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace on Wild 1d6 = 5: 5 +2 for Handling
Second roll to maintain control = 6 1d4 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 5: 5 +1 for Handling (damaged)
Damage roll for second hit 2d6 = 5: 4, 1
Piloting roll to continue to evade 9 1d4 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace on Wild 1d6 = 2: 2 +1 for Handling
Sir William's hovercycle rocks as two hits slam into it from behind. One damages one of the thrusters, which begins to flicker erratically, slowing the cycle a bit. Nevertheless, Sir William guns the throttle and blasts ahead, clearing the range of the pursuing zombie D-Bees. I hope that Maggie gets clear. The others must be warned that we have a fight on our hands.
Last edited by Sir William Mahan on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Fritz
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Fritz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:50 am

Surveying their Surroundings
[*] Notice (1d10) 1d10 = 5: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Fritz and Fillmore are a finely paired team. Fillmore's larger weapon and longer range and Fritz's smaller close range work in tandum to keep the opposition pinned down. Seeing that the numbers are thinned significantly, Fritz scans the field.

Noting another cluster of opponents, he taps fillmore on the right shoulder and they set up their fields of fire.

Fire in the Storm, Shooting 6 _
Fillmore Assist: +1
[*] Shooting (1d8) 1d8 = 5: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
Not as precise as before, the first few minutes are rough but soon the pair is making headway, keeping the APC and Casters free to do their thing.
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Custos CarcerisXXVII
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Custos CarcerisXXVII » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Minutes before arriving on Rifts Earth in a strange, uninhabited land

Floating several feet above a placid lake in a grassy field surrounded by massive trees, XXVII takes in the scenery beyond.

Idyllic, really, Custos. Of all the lands we've visited, this one may be the most beautiful.

Idyllic, Archmage? We were here barely an hour before one of the local mega-fauna persuaded you to hold still in order to more easily facilitate your imminent consumption.

...Yes, but what an adventure! We were able to catalog the inner workings of that creature and ruminate upon the source of its magic-like ability to..

Twice, Archmage. It consumed us then excreted us. Afterwards, you followed it for further observation. Allowing it to easily consume you. Again.

Indeed, rather embarrassing. That's the nature of experimentation, though, Custos! Due to our diligence, we have discovered a strange new form of magic which is quite potent and able to bypass our magnificent defenses...

Their argument halts as both turn their attention to the target of their observation: A small line of psychic potential energy snaking through the sky, dipping low towards the lake. The energy above surges and writhes as if in anticipation of some event. XXVII unfolds its crossed legs and lets them drop underneath it midair. The automaton extends its hand, and a beautifully made staff appears. Then XXVII and Custos focus their attention on a point several feet above them.

Ah, lovely, it seems our portal will appear exactly on schedule once more. How novel. Is there precedent in the grimoire for a natural occurring portal which...

Suddenly, the line of energy surges and rain starts falling into the sky from the lake below! XXVII attempts to fly away, but the force is too strong for the construct’s limited flight capabilities to counteract. XXVII is swept directly towards the point of its attention.

Oh, Bother. This is terrible timing.

Brace for imminent translocation, Archmage!

A portal opens violently, swallowing the automaton. XXVII shoots through the portal, landing with a thud on the other side. Once more, it finds itself in yet another alien land.
Notice 3
Notice: 1d8-3 = 3: 6 (+2 Skill, -4 Scene -1 Fatigue)
Wild: 1d6-3 = 2: 5
The storm is raging excessively violently on this side of the portal, Archmage. I am shutting down non-essential functions and adjusting power levels in active systems to protect them from further damage. You are operating on what little remains and will have to activate inactive systems as needed. I expect it will be highly inefficient. Furthermore, I predict your weaponry will not activate during this storm. Please retreat to safety.

XXVII gets to its feet and glances around. The automaton spots a large, strange humanoid construct standing nearby and approaches it nonchalantly.

With arms held open in a nonthreatening way, XXVII asks (@Maggie) the larger automaton, "Salve. Imperium venistis?"

XXVII waits patiently for a few moments for a response before remembering its speech converter is being affected by the storm. Shrugging, XXVII turns in place to examine the storm in an attempt to gauge its size and strength.
Occult 2

Occult: 1d12-3 = -2: 1 (+2 Skill, -4 Scene, -1 Fatigue)
Wild: 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Custos Carceris XXVII
"XXVII"
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6) Parry: 7(2); Toughness: 23(10)
  • +4 Damage from Psionics and -4 to resist Psionics
  • -2 Protection vs heat-based Attacks
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, ignore 1 point of Wound penalties, don’t breathe, and are immune to Disease and Poison. Repair (Occult) instead of Healing with no Golden Hour.
  • Improved Senses: +2 to Sight-based Notice; Ignore Dim/Dark Illumination Penalties.
  • Malfunctions: Constructs are subject to the same types of problems plaguing all advanced items (i.e. Technical Difficulties).
  • No Vital Systems: Called Shots deal no extra damage versus them.
  • Obscure Construction: −4 penalty on skill checks related to XXVII's construction (such as repairing, modifying, or examining them).
  • One with Magic: Gain detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability; can sense supernatural beings within line of sight with a Notice check. Conceal arcana even works while sleeping, it only stops working if forcibly Incapacitated.
  • Weapon System (Integral; 2): Staff of the Archmage and Enchanted Greatsword may be concealed when not in use. Looking for them when concealed imposes a -4 penalty to Notice.
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 1/2; PPE: 14/30; PPE: 0/10
Bennies: 1/5; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature
Custos speaking internally to XXVII (#BF40FF)

Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Leethe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:42 am

notice
notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Leethe was very focused on her were to repair the APC, so much that she didn't notice they had gotten caught up in a lay line storm and shifted into another reality, at least not until now. "Just great." She shouts out, "What's everyones status right now?" Looking about she see the group is under attack from nightmare creatures. Looking over she sees that Sal and Gridia have started working on getting the group back. She looks over at LC and sees he is still trapped in the dream. She gives out a inspiring command, "Protect Sal, Gridia, L.C. and myself, we'll work on getting us back, you just keep us safe."
Inspire Shooting +1 to Extras and Wildcards for the round
Battle 1d12+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Leethe then starts using her psionics to help stablize reality.
Psionics 5 to stablize reality
arcane skill -4
psionics 1d10-4 = -3: 1
wild 1d6-4 = 0: 4
benny to reroll
psionics 1d10-4 = 3: 7
wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
elan +2 to final result
5
Status Tracker
Leethe

Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 12(5)
Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2
ISP: 38 / 40 ; Energy: 10/15 Item Energy: 20/20
Bennies: 1 / 3
Golden Bennies: 0
Log
Q4 2019
  • 10/1: Benny spent for reroll of Psionic skill
  • Benny reset
  • 11/26: Benny for Soak and Benny for Reroll
Edit Signature

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:28 pm

1d12-2 = 6: 8 wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3 benny given for reroll with elan: 1d12 = 6: 6 wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Sal took a quick look at his Dimensional Phase Belt. He muttered tinkering with it, ”Hmmm. Might be a way to increase the field gain and home in our on native dimention... Hmmm, I need some cheese though.” He pulled out his last bit of aged white cheddar and dipped it into the swirling magical eddies. He sniffed it and shrugged eating the magically infused cheese. He squeaked feeling some of his arcane energies coming back and finished his modification on his gaget, ”Here goes nothing.”
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
L.C.
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: The 99s

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by L.C. » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:18 am

Image
Notice 4 and Psionics 18
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4, 1d6 = 3: 3 (+2 on rolls made to detect location, activity, concealment, disposition, combat effectiveness, and movement of opposing forces)

Psionics 1d12 = 12: 12+ 1d12 = 9: 9, 1d6 = 2: 2-4 (scene difficulty) +1 Bonus from Targeting Optics = 18
L.C. has been in a trance, aided by the drugs given to him by Brison. Indeed, he expected to be fighting this corruption and purging himself of it for some time. But the corruption itself was magical in nature and once he knew to look, he found it relatively simple to eradicate - once he had fought through the obstacles in his mind.
A memory, twisted
"Recruit Charles, why do I hate you?"
"The recruit does not know Drill Sergeant!"
"I hate you because despite being a dirty mutie freak, you are the only one in this sorry ass platoon who knows how to actually give a regulation shine to these boots. Why on the Emperor's green earth did a freak like you have to be my star pupil?"
"The recruit does know Drill Sergeant! The recruit is simply good at following directions Drill Sergeant!"
"Is that so, you maggot!? Drop and give me 200 now!"
As L.C. immediately drops and does his third set of 200 push ups for the morning, the drill sergeant turns to yell at the rest of the platoon. Sadly the psychic had been the only one to get it right - on the first day of being shown how. Given what he knew of the kid, he guessed it was because he'd grown up in a government run orphanage for psychics. But it did not make him dislike the perfect young soldier.

Suddenly the memory twists and a doctor strides in and kicks L.C. in the ribs as he does his one hundredth pushup. This sends him sprawling. The Drill Sergeant, enraged because L.C. stopped doing as he was told, goes to kick him again and again. "I did not tell you to stop you mutant bastard!"

When the big man stops, L.C. coughs and then moves to go back to doing his push-ups. Pain sears at him as he strives to finish, coughing and in pain as he is. The Drill Sergeant, mollified, turns to the doctor. "Just why in the hell did you pick my recruit you pencil necked piece of something I wiped off my boot?"

The doctor, grinning maniacally, simply replies. "To see if he would get back up. He's trying to break free of my medicine." There is a subtle sound of menace and madness in his voice.

The Drill Sergeant decks him and breaks the doctor's nose. "Listen here you dung beetle, you will not touch my recruit! He is mine to break, mine to mold. He has been chosen for the glory and defense of mankind and I will be damned if I will let anyone else get in the way of that. He is a Psi-Nullifier of the Coalition States Army. He has been trained for one purpose - to destroy the mutant, the magic user, and the demon and keep that filth from harming any human. He is under *my* protection!" He then literally beats the scientist to death. His blood, black and vile, is dripping off the sergeant's fists after mere moments. After he is done a recruit hands the drill sergeant a towel and a bottle of water. Two more go to remove the body, but the drill sergeant stops them as he wipes off his hands.

About that time, L.C finishes his 200th push up. "200. The recruit is done. May the recruit rise?"

"About time you psychic freak. Get over here." When L.C. gets in front of the sergeant, he pushes the water into the recruit's hands. "Hydrate and listen." L.C. complies. "This piece of filth is what I hate more than I hate you recruit. Alien corruption, external influences that seek to disrupt my training and taint my recruits! Look at Recruit Harvey. He's white in the face because I beat a man-thing to death with my bear hands. But you are over here cool as a cucumber finishing up your punishment in spite of the pain. Why is that Recruit."

L.C. finishes drinking the water, swallows and returns to attention. Answering, he says, "Because this recruit has already endured much, and while I have much to learn, things like that are simply vermin to be destroyed."

A slow smile spreads over the Drill Sergeant's face. It is far from benign, but it's clear he is pleased with L.C.'s response. "Well said Recruit. Hell I'd like you if you were some pansy ass psychic. Get to medical and get checked out Recruit! You two, remove that trash and get this area and yourselves cleaned up. I expect those boots to be shining examples the likes of which even Recruit Charles' perfection will be sullied by. Do not let some mutant beat you pukes!"
The pain of this bleeds through and burns the drugs out of his system in a way that is unexpected. As he does, he realizes the memory is not reality, yet it felt like it was. He focuses his will and breaks back the walls of this imposing non-reality with his powerful psionic ability. Suddenly awake and aware, he yells out "No more darkness! No more denial. No more corruption! Back to where you came foul thing!" Waves of negative psionic energy expand out from him. but they do not affect his friends and allies. They are not the targets of his psychic rage.
L.C.
L.C. Psi-Nullifier Commando
Parry: 6 (7 in body armor), Toughness: Body Armor: 14(5) or PA: 21(10)
ISP: 40
Powers and Benny/Wound/ISP tracking
Andrew Brison
Andrew Brison, Former CS SAMAS Pilot
Parry: 6, Toughness: Armor: 12(6) or PA: 17(8)
Benny Tracking and Gear including War Chief SAMAS Power Armor
Image

User avatar
L.C.
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: The 99s

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by L.C. » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:19 am

Image
Notice 6, Shooting 7
Notice 1d8 = 6: 6, 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting 1d10-1 = 7: 8, 1d6-1 = 2: 3 (-2 for scene penalty and +1 from Leethe)
Brison has been thinking on what he would do if L.C. woke as some demented corrupted version of himself, but then the whole world started to go odd. Suddenly he finds himself back in the 'Burbs, surviving the day to day grind.
A long time ago in a 'Burb far away
"Hey Bri-Bri," calls some cruel jerk in Snakes colors, making fun of Andy's name. The motions he is making suggest several inappropriate and derogatory sexual positions for the 16 year old city rat.
Feeling bold in his own gang's colors, Andy bristles. "Go suck on a tailpipe you moron. Maybe you can die from it before you make it happy." Jeers of laughter back him up as the Snake jumps up.
"Oh you wanna play little girl. With your ponytail, you look like one ugly ass girl." Andy had been growing his top knot for years. It was a required of all of the Topsiders. If you wanted to get colors, you had a top knot and kept it from being cut off. You would lose your colors if it got cut off.
Of course as the memory replays, he realizes this is the day that he lost his top-knot and some of his scalp. The Snake was older, faster, and a better fighter. Brison had been no slouch, even before the military taught him a thing or two, but he was not the match for this melee monster.
Before long he is on the ground crying out in pain as blood flows from his scalp where the vibro-knife had sliced it off. He wasn't even sure how the Snake had gotten a vibro-knife. The Dead Boys would kill you if you had one, and even the I.S.S. would haul you in for a right proper interrogation if they knew anything. Not that Andy had intended on saying anything - he was already wanted by the security forces.

He'd gone to the clinic and there he was swept up in a raid - as he lay on the table with a bunch of gauze pushed into the wound to stop it from bleeding. Two years of detention followed for his many crimes of forgery and theft. But he'd managed to plead out at a parole hearing - offering to join the military as a way to pay his debt to society.
It's about then that L.C.'s cry of rage awakens him, and he hears Leethe giving order to protect the casters and psychics. Hearing a clear order, he grabs the JA-11 from off his power armor and begins looking for targets. Once he finds them, he begins firing. "Come on guys, let's keep them covered!"
L.C.
L.C. Psi-Nullifier Commando
Parry: 6 (7 in body armor), Toughness: Body Armor: 14(5) or PA: 21(10)
ISP: 40
Powers and Benny/Wound/ISP tracking
Andrew Brison
Andrew Brison, Former CS SAMAS Pilot
Parry: 6, Toughness: Armor: 12(6) or PA: 17(8)
Benny Tracking and Gear including War Chief SAMAS Power Armor
Image

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:48 am

Stealth 11, 2 More Success Tokens, For a Total of 4
Stealth 1d10 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

Let’s try a reroll 1d10+2 = 11: 9 (Elan)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2
Maggie feels the impact of the bugs’ weapons, but they don’t penetrate her armor. Okay, I’m extra glad for upgrades.

She gets low and tries to lose her pursuers amongst the trees.

Custos CarcerisXXVII wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:06 pm

XXVII gets to its feet and glances around. The automaton spots a large, strange humanoid construct standing nearby and approaches it nonchalantly.

With arms held open in a nonthreatening way, XXVII asks (@Maggie) the larger automaton, "Salve. Imperium venistis?"

XXVII waits patiently for a few moments for a response before remembering its speech converter is being affected by the storm. Shrugging, XXVII turns in place to examine the storm in an attempt to gauge its size and strength.
Steven replies, ”Are you quite alright, sentient?”

Steven accesses the Glitter Boy suit's built-in language translator to see what the strange being is saying.
Electronics to Use Translator 5
Electronics 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Custos CarcerisXXVII
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Custos CarcerisXXVII » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:17 pm

Previous Post's Translation
I forget exactly what I went with, but basically it was, “Hail! Are you from the Empire?”
XXVII turns its head back towards Steven and cocks it to the side a little as if trying to comprehend the larger constructs utterances.

With an exasperated sigh, XXVII waves its hand at Steven dismissively and says (in Latin), ”As fascinating as meeting a fellow automaton has been, I haven’t the time to decipher your primitive speech patterns. Should we survive this confounded storm, I would be most inclined to teach you proper speech so that we might enjoy what I can only assume would be a most enlightening conversation.”

”Gah!” XXVII shouts exasperatedly as a particularly powerful surge of energy courses through his systems, “Now my blasted armament emitters are non-responsive. Sensory perception seems to be down 23%...”

XXVII continues muttering complaints as it looks about fruitlessly for the edge of the storm.
Custos Carceris XXVII
"XXVII"
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6) Parry: 7(2); Toughness: 23(10)
  • +4 Damage from Psionics and -4 to resist Psionics
  • -2 Protection vs heat-based Attacks
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, ignore 1 point of Wound penalties, don’t breathe, and are immune to Disease and Poison. Repair (Occult) instead of Healing with no Golden Hour.
  • Improved Senses: +2 to Sight-based Notice; Ignore Dim/Dark Illumination Penalties.
  • Malfunctions: Constructs are subject to the same types of problems plaguing all advanced items (i.e. Technical Difficulties).
  • No Vital Systems: Called Shots deal no extra damage versus them.
  • Obscure Construction: −4 penalty on skill checks related to XXVII's construction (such as repairing, modifying, or examining them).
  • One with Magic: Gain detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability; can sense supernatural beings within line of sight with a Notice check. Conceal arcana even works while sleeping, it only stops working if forcibly Incapacitated.
  • Weapon System (Integral; 2): Staff of the Archmage and Enchanted Greatsword may be concealed when not in use. Looking for them when concealed imposes a -4 penalty to Notice.
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 1/2; PPE: 14/30; PPE: 0/10
Bennies: 1/5; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature
Custos speaking internally to XXVII (#BF40FF)

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Steven hums appreciatively when the Glitter Boy suit’s language translator kicks in.

He replies through the suit’s sound system (translated into Latin), ”I think you may be far from your home, ‘automaton.’”
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Sal wondered what would happen if two intelligent robots started talking to each other... His eyes widened as he was struck by titanic vision...
Attachments
23611C62-ADB1-4503-869A-803E5DDA8C4A.jpeg
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Custos CarcerisXXVII
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Custos CarcerisXXVII » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Maggie wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:52 pm
He replies through the suit’s sound system (translated into Latin), ”I think you may be far from your home, ‘automaton.’”
"Yes, quite so. I'm not entirely sure where home lies any longer. I've become accustomed to traveling alone. It's been..." XXVII begins speaking to Steven (@Maggie) before getting lost in thought.

'Custos. How long has it been since we last enjoyed..."civilization"?'

'Custos! By the gods, Custos, if you're ignoring me again...!'

'Ah, yes. Emergency Maintenance, very good. Carry on, then'

After several moments of akward silence, XXVII continues, "Well, its been many years...WAIT! You naughty charlatan. If you could speak a civilized tongue then why bother at all with that nonsense earlier? Hah! Ill have to keep my eyes on you, so to speak. I am twenty-seven. Who might you be?"
Custos Carceris XXVII
"XXVII"
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6) Parry: 7(2); Toughness: 23(10)
  • +4 Damage from Psionics and -4 to resist Psionics
  • -2 Protection vs heat-based Attacks
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, ignore 1 point of Wound penalties, don’t breathe, and are immune to Disease and Poison. Repair (Occult) instead of Healing with no Golden Hour.
  • Improved Senses: +2 to Sight-based Notice; Ignore Dim/Dark Illumination Penalties.
  • Malfunctions: Constructs are subject to the same types of problems plaguing all advanced items (i.e. Technical Difficulties).
  • No Vital Systems: Called Shots deal no extra damage versus them.
  • Obscure Construction: −4 penalty on skill checks related to XXVII's construction (such as repairing, modifying, or examining them).
  • One with Magic: Gain detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability; can sense supernatural beings within line of sight with a Notice check. Conceal arcana even works while sleeping, it only stops working if forcibly Incapacitated.
  • Weapon System (Integral; 2): Staff of the Archmage and Enchanted Greatsword may be concealed when not in use. Looking for them when concealed imposes a -4 penalty to Notice.
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 1/2; PPE: 14/30; PPE: 0/10
Bennies: 1/5; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature
Custos speaking internally to XXVII (#BF40FF)

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Custos CarcerisXXVII wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:04 pm
"Yes, quite so. I'm not entirely sure where home lies any longer. I've become accustomed to traveling alone. It's been..." XXVII begins speaking to Steven (@Maggie) before getting lost in thought.

'Custos. How long has it been since we last enjoyed..."civilization"?'

'Custos! By the gods, Custos, if you're ignoring me again...!'

'Ah, yes. Emergency Maintenance, very good. Carry on, then'

After several moments of akward silence, XXVII continues, "Well, its been many years...WAIT! You naughty charlatan. If you could speak a civilized tongue then why bother at all with that nonsense earlier? Hah! Ill have to keep my eyes on you, so to speak. I am twenty-seven. Who might you be?"
Steven replies, "Twenty-Seven? That is an unusual name. My name is Steven, which is a very usual name. I am actually currently speaking to you through a translation device; I was previously speaking American, which is the common tongue here. I fear you have been displaced, Twenty-Seven, from wherever you are from. It is a relatively common phenomenon on this world, and it causes no end of sadness to the sentients here. I am still learning much about it myself. Some of my traveling companions have just become displaced, in fact, and I am waiting to see if they will return."
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3407
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Mount Vernon, Washington
Contact:

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Ndreare » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Working on keeping the areas safe @Fritz and Filllmore are able to clear large areas of the dreaded threat. Whatever it is, it may appear to be something from their nightmares. But they break apart as soon as struck. Brison comes out supporting the efforts to keep the arcane users safe. A few inspiring words from @Leethe at the right moment sets things right as the team appears to be fighting with a full crew again.

@Sir William Mahan pulls away from the horrific bugs finally to a place of safety. Time to regroup and let not only the other Legionaries know what happened, but also any civilians in the area. As he flies back to the location of @Maggie's power armor hoping she will be there. Sir William sees another strange robot, standing in conversation with Steven. Who is this, what have they come for?

@Custos CarcerisXXVII sees one of the sentinels allies come in flying fast on a hover bike. Obvious from his slowing the creature is not intending harm. However a brief analysis performed automagically by your subroutines shows that it is an formidable threat should hostilities ensue.

As @Maggie finally walks up she can see that Sir William made it back first and is talking to Steven and some other robot she had not seen before. Her radio going out meant she needed to cover the distance back herself. But as she arrives close enough to see through the storm she sees there is no sign of the APC and the others...

As @Gridia Thorem begins working he can feel his magic grabbing on. Secured in its effort by the in kind efforts of @Sal and @Leethe. Suddenly a wave of stabilizing energy rolls out, destroying the astral constructs and mists in a radius around the APC as @L.C. starts his own efforts to turn back the tide. The reality around you begins to stabilize as the grey mists fades from the field and the creatures begin disappearing.

The team is brought back to the real world in the clearing they had arrived.

Fade to White

Suddenly the gathered heroes begin waking. A white and blue energy came over them as the storm settles around them upon return. Getting off the ground the gathered heroes must work out what to do next and how best to head in...

The storm is gone, the corpses of the brodkil are gone, the clearing itself seems as if no violence ever occurred here. Even the trees the APC crashed into are not standing unharmed.
Instructions
You are all waking from unconsciousness around the clearing, or in L.C. and Brisons case inside the APC.

This is open RP. Get to know 27 and each other. Decide in character where you are going in character so I can make the scene.

Roll Survival (If you have it only)
Failure - You know nothing of use
Success - You know the fastest way to Refuge without risking going near the bugs.
Raise - You know of a settlement about 10 miles from here, with the bugs there they may need warned or protected.

If you want to wipe out the bugs, then let me know through the RP here and we can work up a scene.
If you want to go to the Leavenworth settlement let me know through the RP and we can work up the scene.
If you want to go to Castle Refuge let me know through the RP and we can work up the scene.



@Sir William Mahan and @Maggie if you have Occult d4+ (and only if you have Occult d4) make a Notice -2 roll for me. If your occult is d8 or higher this roll is reduced to Notice +0
Benny Counter
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 6; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +5 Players
    +1 Sidekicks
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Captain Durrack 2 (WG Improved Level Headed, Spirit, Strength, Fighting, & Athletics Ex boosted +1 DT)
Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (4) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Failed rerolls to bash Sam
Debrek 2 (Ex DA+Pres Sense, Ex Protection +6 toughness, Ex Deflection -4, Ex Quickness, Force Mult x7)
Parry: 6; Toughness: 14 (6) / 20 (6) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Rerolls on Force Multiplication
Essense 3 (Ex Detect Arcana + Presence Sense, WG Improved Level Headed)
Parry: 5; Toughness: 15 (4)
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    -1 To Resist Hacking
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Power 2 (WG Improved Level Headed)
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -2 Reroll Self Healing in turn 1
Angelus 0, Murdered by Home Invaders
Parry: 7; Toughness: 26 (10) MDC
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    -1 Resist Fear
    -3 Soak Sa'Maku's volley of blows. Took 3 wounds


Peacemaker Crew 41
  • 41 Baseline
    kills
[/list]
The 99's Game Master Bennies 9, Mission: Investigate Corruption at Refuge
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

    Demon Prince of Corruption 2
    Parry 15 Toughness 45 (20)
    • 2 NPC Wild Card
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 0, Mission None
  • +0 ADVENTURE Reset

Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]

Dynamic Backlash Table
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Sal ran up to 27 and gave the thing a hug around the left knee. Tears were streaming down his face as he looked up. He squeaked full of emotion, ”I missed you dear friend. All those nights in the cell, you were... I missed you. I would never forget the smell of maytag.”. Sal breathed deep happy to apparently see a good friend.
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sir William Mahan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 am

Sir William lands the hovercycle and surveys the situation, more than a little confused. "Friend Sal, Steven, please report. Where is the APC and the rest of the team, and who is this construct?"
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Gridia Thorem » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:04 am

Survival 1d6 = 3: 3

Gridia's eyes flutter as the light from the day's sky wakens him.

Well that was a more peculiar storm than those I've come across. he says, more to himself than any one in particular.

Looking around, he notices more of his new found companions are coming to. Nasty bit of business for us to all be unconscious.

Noticing Sir William has return, Gridia is concerned that the technician Maggie has not returned with him.

"Is everything alright sir?" he says to @Sir William
Last edited by Gridia Thorem on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 38/60
Bennies: 2/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6; Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (+6 MDC - greater protection); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Greater Protection(2 rounds remaining)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:30 am

Sir William Mahan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 am
Sir William lands the hovercycle and surveys the situation, more than a little confused. "Friend Sal, Steven, please report. Where is the APC and the rest of the team, and who is this construct?"
Sal released the leg of his dear friend Tiny 12. Named so by the cruel Major Wolfe during Sal’s time in lone star. While this version of 12 was taller than the last version Sal had met, there was little doubt in the rat mutant’s mind that his friend had come back!

He stuffed a bitter of white aged chedder from his pack into his mouth wipping the tears from his eyes. Trying to stand tall admist legends Sal filled @Sir William Mahan as best he could. His voice squeaked and bobbed having still not fully recovered from whatever had happened in the leyline vortex. ”Sir William, I believe it was a leyline vortex, where thought and matter had no true form and for the briefest of seconds we were all one being and yet distinct all at the same time... For the briefest of times we could see each other’s night mares.” Sal shuddered and pointed to more happy matters, ”This here is Tiny 12, well not so much tiny anymore. But he... He saved my life when I thought about taking it while held captive in Lone Star.”
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sir William Mahan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:23 am

Gridia Thorem wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:04 am
Noticing Sir William has return, Gridia is concerned that the technician Maggie has not returned with him.

"Is everything alright sir?" he says to Sir William
Sir William nods to Gridia. "I'm afraid not. According to Sal, there was a serious ley line storm here. Everyone who is mobile - quickly check the area for anyone else who escaped the storm, but keep your eyes open - there are zombie Xiticix in the area. Maggie should be making her way back here - I drew the Xiticix away. If you hear any commotion, rendez-vous back here."
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Gridia Thorem » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:56 am

"Zombie Xiticix? That's a new one for me. And I can confirm @Sal's assessment. This was a particularly abrupt storm. I had no time to warn the others before the effects were thrust upon us. Gridia said. He pauses just a moment to reflect on the storm and the situation. Placing a small buttered candy in his mouth, he requests,"Permission to search from above sir? I believe an elevated set of eyes could benefit the 99 both in search and situational awareness." As the ley line walker finishes speaking, he scans the area around them.

Well who's this? Gridia thinks to himself upon seeing @Custos standing near the Glitter Boy. It's not likely from the looks of him, but better be sure. As he thinks it, the elf's eyes begin to turn glaze over with a shade of emerald green. The appearance is as though his eyes were replaced with like sized marbles of a solid color as he tries to learn the secrets of the stranger before him.
Exalted Detect Arcana (Spellcasting: 9 Notice: 7)

LLW cost 2 PPE

Spellcasting = d10
Spellcasting 1d10 = 9: 9
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6

Wild Ace! 1d6 = 1: 1

Looking back at @Sir William,"Sir, while I do believe our friend here is a new arrival to this Earth, I have reason to believe this ley storm was also temporal in nature. We have been moved forward in time. Regretfully, I cannot say as to how long it has been. In addition, this individual also appears to be out of his time. With this information in mind, I would request that you allow me to assess the ley network moving away from Refuge to determine whether the corruption has spread. I would also recommend, once we've regrouped, that we move away from the Nexus. I'm afraid of the repercussions that may follow if the Nexus is also corrupted."
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 38/60
Bennies: 2/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6; Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (+6 MDC - greater protection); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Greater Protection(2 rounds remaining)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:58 am

Sir William Mahan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 am
Sir William lands the hovercycle and surveys the situation, more than a little confused. "Friend Sal, Steven, please report. Where is the APC and the rest of the team, and who is this construct?"
Sal wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:30 am
”This here is Tiny 12, well not so much tiny anymore. But he... He saved my life when I thought about taking it while held captive in Lone Star.”
Steven looks from Sir William to Sal, the big Glitter Boy helmet swiveling back and forth. If the suit had an expression, it would be confused. Through the suit's speakers, he says, "Well, ahem, our new friend identifies himself as Twenty-Seven. Perhaps he has grown since Sal last saw him and has taken on a name more befitting his larger stature?"

Sir William Mahan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:23 am
"Maggie should be making her way back here - I drew the Xiticix away. If you hear any commotion, rendez-vous back here."
Just then, Maggie breaks from the treeline, her body fading from translucent to solid as she retakes her corporeal form. "Well, that does explain some things. Thanks for the assist out there, Sir William. I've seen that many bugs before, but not for a while, and never quite... like that." She suppresses a shudder.
Gridia Thorem wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:56 am
Looking back at Sir William,"Sir, while I do believe our friend here is a new arrival to this Earth, I have reason to believe this ley storm was also temporal in nature. We have been moved forward in time. Regretfully, I cannot say as to how long it has been. In addition, this individual also appears to be out of his time. With this information in mind, I would request that you allow me to assess the ley network moving away from Refuge to determine whether the corruption has spread. I would also recommend, once we've regrouped, that we move away from the Nexus. I'm afraid of the repercussions that may follow if the Nexus is also corrupted."
Maggie nods at Gridia, eyes the even newer-comer @Custos CarcerisXXVII, who is apparently displaced from time, and looks around for @L.C.. "Moving away sounds good to me," she says, helpfully.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Sal followed his nose over to the APC and gave its wheel a hug. He reached around into the hub and pulled out a brown sack with some hard stinky gouda. He squeaked talking to the APC of all things, “Good to have you back friend.”
Behind him the two cyber knights scuffed the top of his head.

Mac watched Shelia who gave him a slight peck on his head, “ Good to be back eh Sal? Did some one say time travel?”

Sal munched on his gouda wondering if time travel could be Responsible for its increased flavor. He cocked his cyber arm raising an eye as it flared to life with a blaster protruding from it almost the length of his body. Well that was not like that when I went in. “It appears I am ready to blast something. Should we head to the Castle?”

He even casually nodded over at LC mildly surprised to see and his power armor ally up and walking arround. The pair seemed to go in and out of this group with some amount of fluidity. “Welcome back LC.”
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
L.C.
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: The 99s

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by L.C. » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Can't see squat - crit fail Notice
Notice 1d6 = 1: 1, 1d6 = 1: 1
L.C. knows he is clear of the taint. That is gone. He also knows he is back to full consciousness. But he cannot see. He wipes his eyes and finds his eyes crusted shut with rheum. Even after he clears it, his eyesight is bleary and he has trouble making anything out. Such that when Sal speaks, L.C. is looking in another direction, still wiping his eyes. He looks at a nearby rifle and nods to it. "Thanks Sal. Took a bit, but I got that taint cleansed. Was everyone else having nightmares or was that just me?" He turns his head around to face Sal now, though he is speaking to the room in general.

Brison pipes up. "Think that was everyone."

"So what is our situation and location?" L.C. asks the group at large.
L.C.
L.C. Psi-Nullifier Commando
Parry: 6 (7 in body armor), Toughness: Body Armor: 14(5) or PA: 21(10)
ISP: 40
Powers and Benny/Wound/ISP tracking
Andrew Brison
Andrew Brison, Former CS SAMAS Pilot
Parry: 6, Toughness: Armor: 12(6) or PA: 17(8)
Benny Tracking and Gear including War Chief SAMAS Power Armor
Image

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Sal had his mouthful with some gouda but managed somehow to swollow it without choking, “Best I can cobble together is that some of the team, at least namely our resident cyber knight and Glitter-boy pilot found themselves something called a Xictic. While the rest of us found our selves inside some kind of leyline storm vortex.” Sal shook his head glad to be out. He had had way too many bad dreams. A bit less enthusiastic he nodded and squeaked, “It appears if there were dreams to be had they were shared and experienced by all. I got to say 200 hundred push ups seems excessive. You would think after 74 most folks would learn their lesson.” Sal points to the large robot, “Oh and this here is Tiny 12, not so tiny anymore.”

He crumbled up his paper bag, and remarked trying to lighten up the mood, “We are also completely out of cheese. I had stored some serious gouda in a hub cap, but I have eaten that... I must warn you I am not pleasant when peckish... squeak squeak, hehe.”

Sal’s two fallen knight friends just looked bug eyed at Sal’s joke unsure if they should head to the castle or what.
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Leethe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:21 am

notes
Ndreare wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:36 pm
Working on keeping the areas safe @Fritz and Filllmore are able to clear large areas of the dreaded threat. Whatever it is, it may appear to be something from their nightmares. But they break apart as soon as struck. Brison comes out supporting the efforts to keep the arcane users safe. A few inspiring words from @Leethe at the right moment sets things right as the team appears to be fighting with a full crew again.

@Sir William Mahan pulls away from the horrific bugs finally to a place of safety. Time to regroup and let not only the other Legionaries know what happened, but also any civilians in the area. As he flies back to the location of @Maggie's power armor hoping she will be there. Sir William sees another strange robot, standing in conversation with Steven. Who is this, what have they come for?

@Custos CarcerisXXVII sees one of the sentinels allies come in flying fast on a hover bike. Obvious from his slowing the creature is not intending harm. However a brief analysis performed automagically by your subroutines shows that it is an formidable threat should hostilities ensue.

As @Maggie finally walks up she can see that Sir William made it back first and is talking to Steven and some other robot she had not seen before. Her radio going out meant she needed to cover the distance back herself. But as she arrives close enough to see through the storm she sees there is no sign of the APC and the others...

As @Gridia Thorem begins working he can feel his magic grabbing on. Secured in its effort by the in kind efforts of @Sal and @Leethe. Suddenly a wave of stabilizing energy rolls out, destroying the astral constructs and mists in a radius around the APC as @L.C. starts his own efforts to turn back the tide. The reality around you begins to stabilize as the grey mists fades from the field and the creatures begin disappearing.

The team is brought back to the real world in the clearing they had arrived.

Fade to White

Suddenly the gathered heroes begin waking. A white and blue energy came over them as the storm settles around them upon return. Getting off the ground the gathered heroes must work out what to do next and how best to head in...

The storm is gone, the corpses of the brodkil are gone, the clearing itself seems as if no violence ever occurred here. Even the trees the APC crashed into are not standing unharmed.
Instructions
You are all waking from unconsciousness around the clearing, or in L.C. and Brisons case inside the APC.

This is open RP. Get to know 27 and each other. Decide in character where you are going in character so I can make the scene.

Roll Survival (If you have it only)
Failure - You know nothing of use
Success - You know the fastest way to Refuge without risking going near the bugs.
Raise - You know of a settlement about 10 miles from here, with the bugs there they may need warned or protected.

If you want to wipe out the bugs, then let me know through the RP here and we can work up a scene.
If you want to go to the Leavenworth settlement let me know through the RP and we can work up the scene.
If you want to go to Castle Refuge let me know through the RP and we can work up the scene.



@Sir William Mahan and @Maggie if you have Occult d4+ (and only if you have Occult d4) make a Notice -2 roll for me. If your occult is d8 or higher this roll is reduced to Notice +0
Survival 5
Survival 1d4 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Notice 5
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Leethe rolls over in her slumber as she sleeps but with all the chatter from everyone else, it seems to have woken her. "Keep it down, some of us are trying to sleep." She rubs her eyes and she sits up, trying to figure out what is going on. "Wait how did I get out here? I was working on the..." Leethe gets to her feet and dusts herself off. Then she looks around at the others, "New people."
Status Tracker
Leethe

Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 12(5)
Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2
ISP: 38 / 40 ; Energy: 10/15 Item Energy: 20/20
Bennies: 1 / 3
Golden Bennies: 0
Log
Q4 2019
  • 10/1: Benny spent for reroll of Psionic skill
  • Benny reset
  • 11/26: Benny for Soak and Benny for Reroll
Edit Signature

User avatar
Custos CarcerisXXVII
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Custos CarcerisXXVII » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Detect Arcana 11, Speak Language 7, Notice 17; -2 PPE
Magesight
Spellcasting: 1d12+3 = 9: 6 (-1 Fatigue)
Wild: 1d6+3 = 9: 6 Ace: 1d6+9 = 12: 3

Speech Conversion
Spellcasting 1d12+2 = 3: 1 (-1 Fatigue)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Notice 1d12+2 = 11: 9 (-1 Fatigue)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace: 1d6+8 = 14: 6 Ace: 1d6+14 = 18: 4
Maggie wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:52 pm
Steven replies, "Twenty-Seven? That is an unusual name. My name is Steven, which is a very usual name. I am actually currently speaking to you through a translation device; I was previously speaking American, which is the common tongue here. I fear you have been displaced, Twenty-Seven, from wherever you are from. It is a relatively common phenomenon on this world, and it causes no end of sadness to the sentients here. I am still learning much about it myself. Some of my traveling companions have just become displaced, in fact, and I am waiting to see if they will return."
"Ahh, good. My thanks, Steven. My translation device has been rendered inert..." XXVII begins responding to Steven (@Maggie) in Latin when the storm lessens and begins to dissipate. The response tapers off as Custos interrupts.

Archmage, I am bringing systems back online to assess their damage. My threat assessment of the construct designated Steven is minimal. Therefore, once our systems have been assessed, I will commence a system-wide restart.

Very well, Custos. Do jot down a reminder that I should treat portals with more care in the future, would you?

Yes, Archmage. I will caution you so in the future. System analysis complete. Withdrawing weaponry. Initiating shut down.

XXVII stares at Steven wordlessly as the ley line storm disappears completely. When XXVII jerks awake, several others have appeared along with a large self-propelled carriage.

Systems back online and mostly operational, Archmage. I estimate complete system restoration within the hour.

Excellent work, Custos.

XXVII extends its hand and its staff appears in it. With its other hand, it reaches up and taps the metal circlet around its head. XXVII asks in Latin, "Oh, yes, what language should I set my speech convertor to, Steven? Is it this 'American' you mentioned?"

The circlet activates and XXVII looks down, noticing a small creature hugging its leg and squeaking about Tiny 12. Hoping that the storm hasn't damaged its speech convertor, XXVII says in American, "My word, Steven. I assume these are your friends, but what in the world is this furred creature (@Sal) and why is it embracing my leg?"

XXVII draws upon the power held within its staff to bolster the activation of Magesight. The world comes into greater focus and causes XXVII more than a little consternation.

Speaking to Steven once more, XXVII says, "Uh, actually, Steven, I'm more concerned with the strange magical signatures exhibited by your friends. The furry one's magic is curious, but I would much rather learn more about the signature types like the one exhibited by the man on the floating metallic mount laden with physical weaponry (@Sir William Mahan).

With its systems restored nearly to full, XXVII also glances around to get a good feel for the surroundings and to make sure no immediate threats are hiding nearby.
Custos Carceris XXVII
"XXVII"
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6) Parry: 7(2); Toughness: 23(10)
  • +4 Damage from Psionics and -4 to resist Psionics
  • -2 Protection vs heat-based Attacks
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, ignore 1 point of Wound penalties, don’t breathe, and are immune to Disease and Poison. Repair (Occult) instead of Healing with no Golden Hour.
  • Improved Senses: +2 to Sight-based Notice; Ignore Dim/Dark Illumination Penalties.
  • Malfunctions: Constructs are subject to the same types of problems plaguing all advanced items (i.e. Technical Difficulties).
  • No Vital Systems: Called Shots deal no extra damage versus them.
  • Obscure Construction: −4 penalty on skill checks related to XXVII's construction (such as repairing, modifying, or examining them).
  • One with Magic: Gain detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability; can sense supernatural beings within line of sight with a Notice check. Conceal arcana even works while sleeping, it only stops working if forcibly Incapacitated.
  • Weapon System (Integral; 2): Staff of the Archmage and Enchanted Greatsword may be concealed when not in use. Looking for them when concealed imposes a -4 penalty to Notice.
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 1/2; PPE: 14/30; PPE: 0/10
Bennies: 1/5; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature
Custos speaking internally to XXVII (#BF40FF)

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sir William Mahan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:12 am

Sir William steps forward. "Sir. The situation here at the APC is unclear - apparently some sort of ley line disturbance caused the temporary disappearance of several members of the team and the APC, while possibly also causing these others to appear. I was not present - Maggie and I were scouting towards Castle Refuge, where we encountered undead Xiticix. I drew them away from the team on my cycle, then returned to base." Sir William's relief at surrendering command is obvious in his posture and tone.
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Gridia Thorem » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:01 am

Intrigued by not being the newest face on the scene, Gridia decides to take a step toward further camaraderie. Kneeling down next to @Sal, Gridia offers a butterscotch morsel of butterscotch taffy.

"Little one, if it might satiate your appetite slightly, you should try this. It's not quite the same as your dairy delights, but it is as close to the same consistency as I might be able to offer here."

Recognizing a particular attachment to the furry one, Gridia also offers the same to his entourage.
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 38/60
Bennies: 2/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6; Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (+6 MDC - greater protection); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Greater Protection(2 rounds remaining)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:41 am

Sal munched on the taffy. It was not cheese but he really liked it none the less. He nodded his thanks to @Gridia Thorem and also gave a quizzical look at Tiny 12. Perhaps Tiny 12 did not recognize sal in this form? After all when sal knew he was smaller and scurrying arround in a rat cage.
Sal squaked a bit saddened at the stark realization, “ Est mihi, mi amice. nuntii terruerunt me dum ego non ad flrget kidness et ostendit mihi unam ex locis altissimis tenebris premuntur mundi. Memento quaeso!”
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am

Steven replies to @Custos CarcerisXXVII, ”Ah, you mean @Sir William Mahan! Sir William is a member of the illustrious order of defenders called ‘Cyber-Knights.’ They are mighty warriors with mastery of many psionic powers, and are rightly respected here in North America, which is where we are, of course.”

Pointing to @Sal, Steven continues, and this is ”Sal, a Techno-Wizard of no small renown, despite his small stature. His is a blend of magic and technology that is truly fascinating to behold.”

”We are in quite high company, here. It is fortunate that you came out of the rift where you did.”
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Gridia Thorem » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 pm

"If I may,", Gridia says to @L.C and @Sir William, "with a presence of Xiticix so close to refuge, we should give it our attention. I do hate to suggest such a course, but this is an issue best handled immediately and with no restraint toward the loss of life where the insects are concerned. To ignore it would be fatal for the region, and I shudder to think, the continent.

Gridia hopes the 99 have encountered such fiends before, though he hopes it ends more quietly than the last time.
Gridia's first encounter with Xiticix
Gridia had just encountered an indentured settlement in the Eastern mountains of North America. It was a quaint settlement, run by a rather intimidating elf who referred to himself as The Barren. He was a little intolerant of humans from what Gridia could tell, but then, that's not unusual for DBees who've encountered the CS. The visit was in an effort to barter for food that would be used to feed thousands of refugees moving through the mountains. Their home had fallen as collateral damage in a fight between a warlord and a dragon couple looking to nest. Ask Gridia about the dragons sometime and you'll find a fond story of heroics and sacrifice.

The Barren had offered food in exchange for a service. That was to find the ent who had smashed through the settlement's defenses and rendered their crops untenable. Begrudgingly, Gridia and his compatriots at the time agreed to the exchange.

In their investigation however, they found a stretch of forest some two miles long, smashed to bits as though a large entity had rampaged through. Following it lead us to the Xiticix. In a clearly created by a scuffle, was about a dozen of the winged creatures laying siege to an ent. The ent was managing its own until a group of the bugs fired a very curious cannon of sorts at mid section. It was a chemical ammunition.

What followed was a loss of total mental faculties from the ent as it started to thrash and rampage at anything that moved. With its wits knocked about, the Xiticix managed to end its life in a fit of technowizard-like weapon fire.

With their keen senses however, the bugs became aware of the group Gridia was with. It was no small feat, however, we managed to defeat the bugs.

Little did we know, however, that this was the tip of the iceberg, and the iceberg had started to collapse the moment we slayed the first Xiticix.

We managed to stay hidden from the ensuing swarm, through no small bit of luck, but also happened upon a full fledged colony. Recognizing we were in over our heads, we returned to The Barren's settlement.

With the knowledge presented to him, The Barren mustered his forces, and I managed to contact Crispinor, who flew to our aid. With a grand display of force, we set out for all out war with the Xiticix colony.

There were heavy losses on both sides, but we took the surface and kept the entrances well covered.

That's when Gridia and a group of the strongest fighters entered the colony and fought our way toward what we thought was the heart.

What we found instead was a Rift. This Rift was how the Xiticix had managed to colonize the area, and it was being created via a device never before seen by Gridia. A technowizard who was with the group managed to shut down the Rift, just as more droves of the bugs were going to pile through, surely killing us all. But we knew there was more to be done. We could not let this colony remain.

With some adjustments, the TW fitted the rift generator in a way that caused a cataclysmic explosion. What remains now is a half mile wide crater near the Western base of the mountains. The threat of Xiticix invasion was staved.
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 38/60
Bennies: 2/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6; Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (+6 MDC - greater protection); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Greater Protection(2 rounds remaining)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Gridia Thorem wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 pm
"If I may,", Gridia says to @L.C and @Sir William, "with a presence of Xiticix so close to refuge, we should give it our attention. I do hate to suggest such a course, but this is an issue best handled immediately and with no restraint toward the loss of life where the insects are concerned. To ignore it would be fatal for the region, and I shudder to think, the continent.
Maggie makes a disgusted face and nods along as Gridia speaks. "I'm with our new friend, here. Damn bugs are the worst, and they'll go after anything they come across for miles. I don't know how zombie bugs work, but as long as they can die, we probably ought to go and kill them."
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Sal » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Kn occult 1d8 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

Sal squeak his own assessment of the Xictic threat in a strained monotone voice “If you could Sir William and Maggie point me in the direction of these bug creatures. I am afraid, as a true hero, I must investigate. If possible I must eradicate them all. Mac and Shelia please secure the town.”

Mac and Shelia shrugged at the weirdness that was Sal. The two fallen knights waved goodbye and began their journey to the village. Sal for his part waited somewhat patiently for directions to be forthcoming. If non were issued he struck out on his own with fervent obsession as if something was compelling him
Major Wolfe programs Sal to kill Xictic
Major Wolfe looked down at his latest creation, the small Ratling stirred inconscious. The major bit down on his cigar giving the doctor attending a once over. “So doc, what is this things code name? I know you like code names.”

The doctor chuckled nervously, “Oh yeah... Project Sal. He should be able to channel far more potential psychic energy than the normal rat mutants. We were able to actually splice in some quick flex d-bee DNA.”

The major nodded, “Good good. I got a special assignment for him. I just meed to leak his arrival to the right cyber knight.”

The doctor shrugged looking at a data pad.

The major blew a puff of smoke whistfully, “So tell me bout his conditioning.”

The doctor tapped the pad and responded with a fair amount of pride, “Oh he will be as heroic as the rest of those Castle Refuge types, he will fit right in no problem.”

The major nodded grimacing at the mention of castle refuge. “What about the Xictic protocol? While Castle Refuge is a thorn those bugs might be a bigger threat than high command realizes.”

The doctor nodded enthusiastically, “Oh yes, if the subject encounters the bugs his programming will take over and he will display an inordinate amount of curiosity towards those creatures. If given the right circumstances he will be compelled to investigate and eradicate.”
Bennies 4/3, 1 conviction
+4 Bennies
+1 Benny for cool background story
-1 Benny for initiative draw[
-1 benny given to grilda
+1 Benny
+1 Conviction
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Maggie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Maggie waves generally behind her. ”They’re thataway, @Sal. I’ll draw ‘em out, and you guys pounce. Glitter Boys are big, loud, and hard to ignore. Steven can scout ahead.”

The Glitter Boy armor pops open and small, matte metal drone shaped more or less like a bird emerges, hovering silently in the air. In Steven’s voice, it says, ”Will do!”
Steven Scouts
Let me know what you need from Steven to scout a bit. High altitude recon.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 | GB Pace 14, run d8; Parry: 9 w/Boom Gun equipped, 7 otherwise; Toughness: 43(25) MDC in Glitter Boy w/LLW Light Armor Vigor bonus, 13(5) in LLW Light Armor
Edges/Notes: When dug-in with GB armor, attacks are +2 against her; she has First Strike

Steven
Pace: 48 (120 MPH); Parry: 5; Toughness: 7(4); Strain: 0; Size: -2
Applicable Edges: Dodge (-2 to ranged attacks made against him; stacks with -2 for Scale)
Character Sheet

User avatar
L.C.
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: The 99s

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by L.C. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Sal wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 pm
Sal had his mouthful with some gouda but managed somehow to swollow it without choking, “Best I can cobble together is that some of the team, at least namely our resident cyber knight and Glitter-boy pilot found themselves something called a Xictic. While the rest of us found our selves inside some kind of leyline storm vortex.” Sal shook his head glad to be out. He had had way too many bad dreams. A bit less enthusiastic he nodded and squeaked, “It appears if there were dreams to be had they were shared and experienced by all. I got to say 200 hundred push ups seems excessive. You would think after 74 most folks would learn their lesson.” Sal points to the large robot, “Oh and this here is Tiny 12, not so tiny anymore.”
He crumbled up his paper bag, and remarked trying to lighten up the mood, “We are also completely out of cheese. I had stored some serious gouda in a hub cap, but I have eaten that... I must warn you I am not pleasant when peckish... squeak squeak, hehe.”
Sal’s two fallen knight friends just looked bug eyed at Sal’s joke unsure if they should head to the castle or what.
L.C.'s face grows alarmed at the sound of Xiticix. As a C.S. soldier who once operated in the Tolkeen theatre, he does not have to be reminded at all the danger those aliens present. It always irked him how hands off the army was with them. He can't help but rufully smile as the rat brings up the shared dream. "Well the doctor wasn't in there the first time it happened, and it was only 50, but it was the 200th in about an hour's time. That drill instructor hated all psychics. But I found out later it's because some punk mind controlled his little sister for "some fun" and she was never right after that. Come to think of it, I think I swore off mind control as an option after I heard. Never wanted to tempt that on anyone. Funny, that punk was saying the same thing when we found him a few months later" He shrugs. "Though he did respect me for being first in my training class at every task. He actually signed my recommendation for for Special Operations Command as a commando. As for cheese, I have some processed cheese spread in a can in my backpack. Not suggesting it's good, but in a pinch it might do? Crackers too actually."
Sir William Mahan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:12 am
Sir William steps forward. "Sir. The situation here at the APC is unclear - apparently some sort of ley line disturbance caused the temporary disappearance of several members of the team and the APC, while possibly also causing these others to appear. I was not present - Maggie and I were scouting towards Castle Refuge, where we encountered undead Xiticix. I drew them away from the team on my cycle, then returned to base." Sir William's relief at surrendering command is obvious in his posture and tone.
"Wait, Undead Xiticix?! Oh this just gets better and better." He rises and begins pulling his gear out of the locker where he'd stored it before. "Brison, get the power armor ready to go if you don't mind. Eat something if you haven't. You ready to go or you need a bit?"

Brison nods. "Yeah, I'm good to go. Good idea on food. You might want to do the same. I'll start some coffee too."

L.C. simply nods.
Gridia Thorem wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 pm
"If I may,", Gridia says to @L.C and @Sir William, "with a presence of Xiticix so close to refuge, we should give it our attention. I do hate to suggest such a course, but this is an issue best handled immediately and with no restraint toward the loss of life where the insects are concerned. To ignore it would be fatal for the region, and I shudder to think, the continent.
Maggie wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:12 pm
Maggie makes a disgusted face and nods along as Gridia speaks. "I'm with our new friend, here. Damn bugs are the worst, and they'll go after anything they come across for miles. I don't know how zombie bugs work, but as long as they can die, we probably ought to go and kill them."
"Oh I quite agree. I've faced them up north of Tolkeen before. Not eager to let that situation stand. Good to see you're still about." His look softens when he looks to Maggie, as one might to family, rather than a teammate. "Sounds like a plan. Everyone hydrate and grab some calories, then we'll head out. I want off this ley line soonest." he rubs his head and ribs. "Stupid corruption was a pain in the ass to get out. Visions it put me through I still physically feel. Getting the shit kicked out of you leaves a mark on you."

As Sal and Maggie start talking about rushing off, he holds up a hand. "Hold on, hold on. Give us five or ten minutes okay? They shouldn't overrun the region in that time. Hydrate and grab some calories, like I said. Though sending some of our folks to Village to secure it is not a bad plan. Sir William, Maggie, work up a duty roster of folks we can spare to go check on the town. Say about half our reinforcements. We're still going to need folks." He then heads to the bathroom and the medicine chest for aspirin.
L.C.
L.C. Psi-Nullifier Commando
Parry: 6 (7 in body armor), Toughness: Body Armor: 14(5) or PA: 21(10)
ISP: 40
Powers and Benny/Wound/ISP tracking
Andrew Brison
Andrew Brison, Former CS SAMAS Pilot
Parry: 6, Toughness: Armor: 12(6) or PA: 17(8)
Benny Tracking and Gear including War Chief SAMAS Power Armor
Image

User avatar
L.C.
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: The 99s

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by L.C. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Brison, after making some coffee, and beginning the power on sequence for his current power armor and the heavily modified one L.C. uses, steps outside eating a powerbar that claims to taste like cinnamon oatmeal. It's at least close, but he does see 27 talking to the Glitterboy and the bird mech fly out of the glitterboy. "Join the Tomorrow Legion, you'll see new and exciting things and not get to shoot at them. But you will still get to shoot at all the messed up things in the world. Bossman needs to work on his recruiting speeches. Ah well, spooks and commandos aren't known for their recruiting efforts anyway." he smirks. "Still better than Fort El Dorado though."

He calls over to the construct and Maggie (and Stephen). "So who is our new friend here? Looks a little compact for power armor."
L.C.
L.C. Psi-Nullifier Commando
Parry: 6 (7 in body armor), Toughness: Body Armor: 14(5) or PA: 21(10)
ISP: 40
Powers and Benny/Wound/ISP tracking
Andrew Brison
Andrew Brison, Former CS SAMAS Pilot
Parry: 6, Toughness: Armor: 12(6) or PA: 17(8)
Benny Tracking and Gear including War Chief SAMAS Power Armor
Image

User avatar
Custos CarcerisXXVII
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Custos CarcerisXXVII » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:30 pm

XXVII pats @Sal on the head and says (in Latin), "How strange it is that you speak my language, little one! I do not remember you, but I would be happy to be your friend. Though I'm sure I could never take the place of one so dear to you. Is it true, what Steven says? Do you truly augment your magic with machinery? I cannot fathom such a thing. Perhaps we could ruminate upon the finer points of your technique in the future."

XXVII thanks Steven (@Maggie) for giving a name, Psionics, to the strange new magic that has such a strong effect upon it. The automaton listens to the conversation about what to do next. XXVII chips in when Brison @L.C. asks about it.

"Hello, Human. I am XXVII, and your assumption is correct: I am powerfully armored. It is my distinct pleasure and, more importantly, duty to wander the heavens in search of arcane mysteries and then, of course, to unravel them!," XXVII answers Brison (in Amercian), "It seems you have a reanimated sapient insectoid infestation troubling you. I could offer my expertise in this matter in exchange for a favor. I would greatly appreciate being educated in the matters of your Psionic magics."
Custos Carceris XXVII
"XXVII"
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6) Parry: 7(2); Toughness: 23(10)
  • +4 Damage from Psionics and -4 to resist Psionics
  • -2 Protection vs heat-based Attacks
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, ignore 1 point of Wound penalties, don’t breathe, and are immune to Disease and Poison. Repair (Occult) instead of Healing with no Golden Hour.
  • Improved Senses: +2 to Sight-based Notice; Ignore Dim/Dark Illumination Penalties.
  • Malfunctions: Constructs are subject to the same types of problems plaguing all advanced items (i.e. Technical Difficulties).
  • No Vital Systems: Called Shots deal no extra damage versus them.
  • Obscure Construction: −4 penalty on skill checks related to XXVII's construction (such as repairing, modifying, or examining them).
  • One with Magic: Gain detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability; can sense supernatural beings within line of sight with a Notice check. Conceal arcana even works while sleeping, it only stops working if forcibly Incapacitated.
  • Weapon System (Integral; 2): Staff of the Archmage and Enchanted Greatsword may be concealed when not in use. Looking for them when concealed imposes a -4 penalty to Notice.
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 1/2; PPE: 14/30; PPE: 0/10
Bennies: 1/5; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature
Custos speaking internally to XXVII (#BF40FF)

Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: 20 - The Gate to Refuge

Post by Leethe » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Leethe walks up behind XXVII, "Interesting."
OOC Comments
Occult 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
She takes look over at what XXVII is but doesn't understand it exactly..
Status Tracker
Leethe

Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 12(5)
Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2
ISP: 38 / 40 ; Energy: 10/15 Item Energy: 20/20
Bennies: 1 / 3
Golden Bennies: 0
Log
Q4 2019
  • 10/1: Benny spent for reroll of Psionic skill
  • Benny reset
  • 11/26: Benny for Soak and Benny for Reroll
Edit Signature

Post Reply

Return to “The 99 Adventure Forum”