- 1d20: 17 Magic Items: One of the nastier weapons created by Techno-Wizards, the Draining Blade is just the thing for evening the odds against a superior physical combatant.
- 1d20: 8 Underworld: Your character has a knack for taking full advantage of his opponents. He has the Dirty Fighter Edge, or Tricky Fighter if he already has Dirty Fighter. In addition, whenever he gets a raise on a Test attempt, he may spend a Benny to gain The Drop on his opponent for that round.
- 1d20: 15 Training: Constant battle, for cause or survival, means your hero knows a great deal about combat. Select one Combat Edge; you may ignore all requirements except other Edges (e.g. to take Improved Frenzy your character must have Frenzy first).
- 1d12: 6 Spiritual and Determined: Your hero adds one die type to Spirit and begins with the Strong Willed Edge.
- 1d12: 9 Wealthy and Connected: You hero begins with the Rich Edge and the Connections Edge with two factions.
Narrative Hook: 1d20: 12 From Out of a Rift… Your hero happened to be near a Rift when it disgorged something. From that incident came a lasting effect that may have led you to Castle Refuge.