Steel, SWADE Combat Cyborg

A forum for creating characters to test various projects and because making Savage Rifts characters is such a blast!
Steel
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Steel, SWADE Combat Cyborg

Post by Steel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 12: 12 There’s a good chance your cyborg was meant for amphibious operations with his Aquatic Mode Upgrade.
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 5: 5 Your cyborg is built for speed and mayhem. Gain one level of Leg Upgrades.

Credits 4d6 = 15: 4, 5, 1, 5x100 = 1,500
Gear Credits: 2d4 = 6: 4, 2x500 = 3,000

Rich
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 18: 18 Armor Plating (maxed out - reroll)
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 3: 3 Reinforced Frame (maxed out - reroll)

Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 18: 18 Armor Plating (maxed out - reroll)
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 15: 15 Whoever put your hero back together didn’t want her checking out any time soon. She has a level of Synthetic Organ Replacement.
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 8: 8 Who has time to actually train? Not your character, which is why he has a level of
Embedded Combat Coding.

Filthy Rich
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 12: 12 (duplicate - reroll)
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 4: 4 Your hero wants to give that Juicer a run for his money, so he got a level of Cyber-Wired Reflexes installed.
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 6: 6 Your cyborg is built for speed and mayhem. Gain one level of Leg Upgrades.
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 2: 2 Reinforced Frame (maxed out - reroll)
Cybernetics HJ Roll 1d20 = 15: 15 Whoever put your hero back together didn’t want her checking out any time soon. She has a level of Synthetic Organ Replacement. (disregard, did not realize only 4 rolls total for Filthy Rich.)

Hook 1d20 = 11: 11
Last edited by Steel on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steel
Bennies 3 of 3

Player: James
Steel

Agility d10 | Smarts d8 | Spirit d6 | Strength d12+2 | Vigor d12 |Pace: 10 | Parry: 7 | Toughness: 24(9) | Strain: 5 | Size: 2

Frequently used skills
Notice d6 (+2 for sight/sound)
Shooting d8+2 (negates 2 points of penalties)
Fighting d8+2
Intimidation d6

Hindrances
Heroic - Always a sucker for a sob story from someone in need.
Loyal - Win, Lose or Draw we finish this thing together.
Stubborn - Nobody changes my mind but me and sometimes not even then.

Steel
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: SWADE Combat Cyborg

Post by Steel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Brutus (Bruce Greener)
Race: N/A
Iconic Framework: Combat Cyborg
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 10+d8 Run Parry: 7 Toughness: 24(9) Strain: 5 Size: 2
Skills:
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d4+2
  • Notice d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Stealth d4
  • Shooting d8
  • Fighting d8+2
  • Intimidation d6
  • Electronics d6+2
  • Hacking d6+2
  • Repair d4+2
Skill Points
Starting skill points: Athletics 1, Notice 1, Shooting 3, Fighting 3, Intimidation 2, Electronics 2, Hacking 2, Repair 1
Hindrances
  • Heroic (Major) - Always a sucker for a sob story from someone in need.
  • Loyal (Minor) - Win, Lose or Draw we finish this thing together.
  • Stubborn (Minor) - Nobody changes my mind but me and sometimes not even then.
Edges
  • [IF] Fleet Footed - adds +2 Pace, running die increases one step
  • [IF] Brawny - size +1 (and therefore Toughness by 1) and treats Strength as one die type higher when determining Encumbrance and Minimum Strength to use armor, weapons, and equipment without a penalty. (Shadow of Themselves)
  • [Hindrance] Rich/Filthy Rich - receive +25,000 credits, + 4 HJ Rolls on Equipment Tables
Cybernetics

[IF] Adrenal System(1) - Strain: NA
  • Adrenal System (1): +2 to recover from Shaken or Stunned, Edges stack.
[IF] Armor Plating (3) - Strain: NA
  • +2 natural Armor, stacks with Worn Armor. At +6 the Armor is MDC and stacks with any other MDC Body or Power Armor, but not non-MDC Armor
[IF] Reinforced Frame (3) - Strain: NA
  • Gain +1 Toughness, stacks with all protection, including the Embedded Toughness of Body and Power Armor.
[IF] Core Electronics Package - Strain: NA
  • A computer with universal jack - grants +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, and Repair rolls. Radio (20-mile range), gyro-compass, clock-calendar.
[IF] Audio Package - Strain: NA
  • Gain +2 to hearing-based Notice checks or to resist audio-based attacks. Hear the hyper-sonic and subsonic ranges.
[IF] Optics Package - Strain: NA
  • Ignore Illumination Penalties, grants +2 to all sight based Notice checks and versus blinding flashes and effects.
[IF] Bionic Strength Augmentation - Strain: 0
  • Raise Strength one die step
[IF] Cyber-Wired Reflexes - Strain: 0
  • Raise Agility one die step
[IF] Synthetic Organ Replacement - Strain: 0
  • Raise Vigor one die step
Range Data System (1) - Strain: 1
  • Ignore two points of penalties to all Shooting checks, requires the Optics Package
Leg Upgrades (1) - Strain: 1
  • Each upgrade grants +2 Pace and +1" Jumping distances.
Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring (1) - Strain: 1
  • Grants +2 to all Fighting checks and +1 Parry, requires Cyber-Wired Reflexes.
Booster Jets (1) - Strain: 1
  • Miniature rockets—Jump +4” horizontal, +2” vertical.
*Targeting Eye (1) - Strain: 1
  • Grants +2 to all Shooting rolls for weapons the character spends a full round calibrating, requires the Optics Package.

*Paid for out of starting funds
Last edited by Steel on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steel
Bennies 3 of 3

Steel

Agility d10 | Smarts d8 | Spirit d6 | Strength d12+2 | Vigor d12 |Pace: 10 | Parry: 7 | Toughness: 24(9) | Strain: 5 | Size: 2

Frequently used skills
Fighting d8+2
Intimidation d6

Hindrances

Steel
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Steel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Background

Hi, the name’s Bruce though my friends always used to call me Rocky cuz I had such a big thing about working out. I could turn a decent sized tree into a gym if I had to when we were out in the field. That would probably still be my life if it hadn’t been for that night… sorry, I’m getting ahead of myself. We were on routine patrol several day out of castle refuge when Walker, our squad’s ‘walker suddenly announced that a nexus not too far away was gettin’ ready to blow. We were well armed but dealing with a possible incursion with just one squad wasn’t on anyone’s top ten list.

Nobody suggested that we might beat a hasty withdrawl though which suited me fine. I didn’t want to die any more than the next guy but this here nexus had been quiet as a church mouse for as long as anyone could remember and I didn’t need to look over my shoulder at the glow from the sleeping village a few miles back to know those folks would be easy meat for anything that came calling out of that Rift. Less than an hour later and we were about as prepared as we could’ve been and it wasn’t enough, not by a long shot.

I don’t rightly know just how many critters came pouring out of that Rift but I do know it was too many. We held, I don’t know how, but we held. We didn’t have a proper Shifter in the squad so it was up to Walker to get that damned hole in space closed while we kept those critters busy. Turned out that bullets and grenades worked just fine and they seemed content to just charge right over the top of us which is probably why I’m still around to tell this little bedtime story. Well, mostly here anyway. In the end it was down to hand to hand and if it hadn’t a been for Sir Rielly we’d still would have come up short. Not that some of us hadn’t come up short anyway. We were mopping out that last bunch that charged us when a couple big bastards can out of nowhere. I chucked my blade at one that was fixing to blindside Sir Rielly only to get blindsided myself. I never even saw it coming. One second I was watching my blade sink into that boggart’s chest and the next the world turned into a blur of red haze and hot, stinking breath steaming in my face. And pain, lots and lots of pain. I’m not sure what happened after that, I must’ve blacked out.

The next I knew I must have been in a hospital or something though the world was still a haze of red and still lots of pain. I couldn’t follow most of what the doc was trying to tell me but it didn’t take a genius to know I was messed up pretty bad and I was most likely going to cash in my ticket in the not too distant future. I tried to tell him to do whatever he needed to do but my voice didn’t seem to want to work. Same result when I tried to give him a thumbs’ up so I settled for nodding my head and my reward for that great success was more pain then I blacked out again.

Anyway, I’m good as new now. I've even found the time to pick up some new skills while I've been laid up. In some ways I’m a lot better than new and in others a lot less. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy as hell to still be alive but sometimes I miss the ol’ meatsack. Working out just isn’t the same as it used to be even if I can bench twice or more what I used to. I have to settle for getting whatever upgrades I can get my hands on though I can’t really complain given the upgrades that the Legion was been willing to provide. Well, if you need me you’ll find my name on the legion roster as Bruce Greener but if you want to find me don’t ask for Bruce, the name’s Steel.
Last edited by Steel on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steel
Bennies 3 of 3

Steel

Frequently used skills
Fighting d8+2
Intimidation d6

Hindrances

Steel
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Steel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Gear
NG-S2 Survival Pack
  • Climbing kit with cord, pitons, and hammer; +1 Athletics (climbing).
  • Compass/inertial mapper with a mirrored back for signaling; +1 Survival (navigation).
  • Emergency Kit with a survival knife, signal flares, and one week of sealed minimal rations.
  • Fire starter kit with pocket lighter and flint sparker.
  • First aid kit with three uses (each refill costs 100 credits) provides +1 to Healing.
  • Flashlight and radio (five-mile range), crank and solar powered.
  • Hunting/fishing kit +1 to Survival checks to gather food via fishing and trapping small game.
  • Sanitation kit with water filter, canteen, mess kit, soap and sterile cloth.
  • Two-person tent, insulated with a water collector, providing +2 versus Cold or Heat environmental Hazards. Paired with an insulated sleeping bag
Cyborg LI-B1 Light Infantry Plate
  • Armor/Toughness 3/3 | Min Strength d12+1 | 40 lbs | 28,000 credits
  • Notes: MDC Armor, –1 to all Agility-linked non-combat skill rolls.
NG-56 Light Ion Pistol
  • Range 10/20/40 | Damage 1– 3d6 | RoF 1 | AP - | Shots 12 | Min Strength d4 | 2 lbs | 5,000 credits
TX-50 Light Rail Gun
  • Range 50/100/200 | Damage 2d8+5 | RoF 3 | AP 5 | Shots 20 | Min Strength d12 | 70 lbs | 50,000 credits
Vibro-Sword, Long
  • Damage Str + d10 | AP 6 | Min Strength d8 | 8 lbs | 11,000 credits
Ammo: two E-clips or magazines for each weapon

Credits: 17,500

Contacts
Last edited by Steel on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steel
Bennies 3 of 3

Steel

Frequently used skills
Fighting d8+2
Intimidation d6

Hindrances

Steel
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Steel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Advances
Please list all Edges and Advances taken for your character here

Iconic Framework
  • Bionic Augmentation: Combat Cyborgs begin with Strength d12+2, Agility d10, and Vigor d12. These traits do not have an attribute maximum.
  • Cybernetic Enhancements: ‘Borgs have these cybernetic systems (already factored into starting stats and abilities): Adrenal System, Armor Plating (3), Audio Package, Bionic Strength Augmentation, Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Internal Life Support, Nuclear Power Cell, Optics Package, Reinforced Frame (3), Synthetic Organ Replacement.
  • Harder than Steel: The Full Conversion Cyborg construction provides +6 MDC natural Armor and +3 Toughness, which is the maximum level possible for both cybernetic Armor Plating and Reinforced Frame (see Cybernetic Enhancements, above). These Armor and Toughness bonuses do stack at their full value with any Worn Armor providing MDC Armor, but do not stack with non-MDC Armor.
  • High-performance Legs: Full conversion ‘borgs begin with the Fleet-Footed Edge.
  • More Machine: ‘Borgs add +2 to recover from Shaken and Stunned, ignore one level of Wound modifiers, and possess the Internal Life Support cybernetic enhancement: they have an internal air supply and other systems that make him immune to disease, drowning, as well as poison and grants +4 to resist cold, heat, and radiation; see Hazards in Savage Worlds. Combat Cyborgs only require a fifth of the nutrition of a fully organic person.
  • Size 1 (Normal): Combat Cyborgs are big and heavy, gaining +1 Toughness from their Size.
  • Upgradable: ’Borgs start with the Upgradable Edge.
  • Unarmed Combat: Combat Cyborgs deal Str+d4 Mega Damage in unarmed combat and are considered armed.
  • All Those Moving Parts: ‘Borgs cannot be healed or treated with medicine when they are hurt. Instead they must be repaired. Fixing a cyborg requires the Repair skill—which is used like the Healing skill, only with no Golden Hour.
  • Full Conversion: Becoming a Combat Cyborg uses all of a character’s personal Strain ever. They start with only the 6 Strain from the Upgradable Edge and can only gain more from the Beyond the Limit Edge.
  • Gray Matter: Combat Cyborgs only start with two points (instead of the normal five) for attributes and these may only be spent on Smarts and Spirit. Points from Hindrances and Advances may be used to raise any attribute.
  • Heavy: Combat Cyborgs are extra heavy making it difficult to operate Power Armor and vehicles (including Robot Vehicles) not built for them. Unless noted otherwise, Body Armor and Power Armor must be reinforced, doubling purchase and repair costs. Operating a vehicle not refitted for them is done at a -2 to all Trait checks, including firing vehicular weapons.
  • Inhuman Appearance: ‘Borgs can come across as aloof machines, and suffer -1 to Persuasion rolls when dealing with most beings.
  • Loss of Dexterity: A Combat Cyborg’s systems are designed for combat excellence, not delicate work or even common use. The diminishment in the sense of touch is one of the most glaring issues facing those undergoing bionic augmentation. A ‘borg suffers -1 to all Agility rolls and linked skills not directly related to combat.
  • Malfunctions: Cyborgs are subject to the same potential problems all tech items and gear face.
  • Shadow of Themselves: ‘Borgs don’t choose a race, but may increase an attribute one die type or take an Edge (meeting all requirements) to reflect their original race.
  • Spiritually Numb: Combat Cyborgs can’t take an Arcane Background.
Hero’s Journey
  • Cybernetics (5): Your cyborg is built for speed and mayhem. Gain one level of Leg Upgrades.
  • Cybernetics (12 => 11*): Nothing like a Range Data System to make hitting all those pesky enemy targets diving for cover that much easier.
Rich
  • Cybernetics (15, 8 => 16): It is all about combat efficiency for your cyborg. He has Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring.
Filthy Rich
  • Cybernetics (6, 4 => 9): Booster Jets make for great tactical options, and they’re a lot of fun, too!
*Using Blow on the Dice EP Option

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Rich, Filthy Rich
  • Cyborg Shadow of self: Brawny
  • Cybernetic Modifications: A LOT
  • Novice 1 Advance: +1 Smarts
  • Novice 2 Advance:
  • Novice 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 1 Advance:
  • Seasoned 2 Advance:
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
Steel
Bennies 3 of 3

Steel

Frequently used skills
Fighting d8+2
Intimidation d6

Hindrances

Return to “Supporting Cast”