Lord of Hammer

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Lord of Hammer

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:39 pm

The world exploded and the ship passed through the gyser. As if flung out of a rocket it bounced once on a slow flowing river groaning before settling into its soft current. Again the heroes were under ground, a bright light far at the end of the underground river shown faintly. A voice carried and echoed indiscriminately over and around, male vibrant, and scorn filled, ”Hansy... Hansy... You finally come to play?” Despite the faint light at the end of the river way it was a dark cave, shadows cast by the lanterns carried by the rangers made it seem something or someone was moving along the rocky bank and possibly in the water below.

Gretta accepted the gifts of the newly minted cosmo knight. Something had also changed within her. Determination had settled in where fright had been. She looked up at @Sir Ndreare not shying from his brillance, instead accepting it. Her hands gripped his former weapons as she said with a sense of humble fortitude, ”Thank you heavenly knight. I will do what I am here to do, and do it well with these.”

One of the rangers, a dark skinned man pointed at a rocky formation whispering unnerved, ”There... something in the rock.” A light was brought to bare and nothing was behind the stalagmite as the ship listlessly passed. Karl laughed flexing his biceps and snapping a quick selfie. He wrapped a muscle bound arm around the man grinning, ” Don’t worry ranger, if death comes it will meet a mountain. Did I ever tell you the time my papa killed Angerworm?”

Audrey, standing near, admonished Karl for recklessly tempting the return of such a foe, ”Quiet Karl! Least you tempt something darker to emerge...” She grew quiet gathering some technowizard doodads as something sounded in the waterway. split splat splash.

The haughty taunting voice echoed again, ”Hansy... How do skin a cat? Or take apart a robot? Haha... Oh this is rich, I got some wench going on and on about Kir... Is he even with you? I thought his god died... Hahaha. You and your mates are too late. From what I gather these vamps are one bottle of Malort away from making themselves invulnerable. It’s hammer time...”

Clang, something from above was dropped onto the deck. A silver skull medallion! The voice of Hans’ Nemisis, Justin Hammer boomed clearly enhanced this time by mechanical means, ”See what I am saying Hansy..! Normally, I would not want these vamps or Lord Ruthvan to cover the land in darkness, but a deal is a deal. I get you, they get the world. Hehe... Fair I would say.” The heroes allies glance at the silver skull medallion but none pick it up or touch it.

The breathing of the huddled rangers looking out with laser weapons at the ready, and the occasional groan of the wooden hull was broken by Soldad stepping out of the hold. His voice was low and poignant and his wizened hand poked out into the darkness, ”Do you hear them? Do you hear the groan of their exoskeletons?” He cast his gaze out, ” Be ready... I can smell blood, and we have a long way yet to go.”

The shadows near the boat and in the rocks loomed large, danger was near, and the exit while straight ahead was far... Suddenly the shadows stirred, and a small lone row boat appeared in front of yours.

Soladad yelled, ”Look out, its a trap!” Something was about to happen!
Jessica to Mercy
Blub...blub... ”Mercy, I made it. I am in the water on your six. Let me know if you need a target blasted. Jessica Bronze out... Stay immortal.”

Please post a reaction or any RP, but end your post with a notice roll at -4(if you lack any way to deal with darkness like infrared, nightvision, or lowlight, make the notice at -6), danger sense and or sixth sense applies. Just make one notice roll and we will count it accordingly. Note: the foes are not supernatural monsters or supernatural evil. I think some folks get bonuses against those kinds of creatures.

After you post, we will move into some fun combat.

Note: You are at full PPE and ISP.
Attachments
E2B3518F-654D-488C-995E-A32449140432.jpeg
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Lord of Hammer

Post by Sir Ndreare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:39 pm
Gretta accepted the gifts of the newly minted cosmo knight. Something had also changed within her. Determination had settled in where fright had been. She looked up at @Sir Ndreare not shying from his brillance, instead accepting it. Her hands gripped his former weapons as she said with a sense of humble fortitude, ”Thank you heavenly knight. I will do what I am here to do, and do it well with these.”
Ndreare nodded. "I do not think i will ever need armor like this again. The Eclipse armor is fine armor, it should keep you alive and safe."
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
The haughty taunting voice echoed again, ”Hansy... How do skin a cat? Or take apart a robot? Haha... Oh this is rich, I got some wench going on and on about Kir... Is he even with you? I thought his god died... Hahaha. You and your mates are too late. From what I gather these vamps are one bottle of Malort away from making themselves invulnerable. It’s hammer time...”

Clang, something from above was dropped onto the deck. A silver skull medallion! The voice of Hans’ Nemisis, Justin Hammer boomed clearly enhanced this time by mechanical means, ”See what I am saying Hansy..! Normally, I would not want these vamps or Lord Ruthvan to cover the land in darkness, but a deal is a deal. I get you, they get the world. Hehe... Fair I would say.”
Ndreare sees the silver amulet drop to the ground another, how many of these do they have he wonders to himself. As the rant moves on Ndreare waits for Han's reply before acting when suddenly Soldad yells.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Soladad yelled, ”Look out, its a trap!” Something was about to happen!

Total Notice after modifiers 7
notice d12+2 sight, low light vision - 4 darkness,
Notice 1d12-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3

Extra Effort + Elan = 1d6+3 = 7: 4

Ndreare
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 35 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 5/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 10/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated
    Gear & Honor Blade Activated

Bennies: 3
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck
    -1 Extra Effort on Boating
    -1 Extra Effort Notice roll to avoid Ambush

Rodney Status
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarterly Reset

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain

Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:55 am

Notice 8 Danger Sense 6
-4 difficulty
Notice 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Zacatecas, Mexico/Underground river
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn stared at the new Ndreare in surprise. She didn’t know what he was now, but at least he was alive. She turned her gaze over the new river and the dark shore, peering into the gloom as best she could. Someone was out there, taunting them, Hans specifically. She didn’t know who the voice was. And then they grew down the silver skull medallion.

Ashlyn walked over to the medallion. “Another one,” she muttered. She pulled her light blade and sliced the enchanted item in half, releasing the magic and leaving the two halves inert, denying the vampires access to this source of their invulnerability to their weaknesses.

“We are not afraid!” Ashlyn called out to the voice in the darkness. “We have defeated much worse than you! We destroyed vampire intelligence! You are speed bump!” She banged her hand against the Holy Shield of Jean d’Arc in readiness and defiance.

Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)

Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Danger Sense: Chance to notice an ambush.
PPE: 25/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 25/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 10/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 10/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 4/4
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).

Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 am

After Ashlyn slices it in half Ndreare secures the cursed metal with the other two of its kind. However many of these things the creatures have, it is too many. Something must be done, they must find a way of destroying them. Looking around the group Ndreare worries for his own ability to handle the cursed metal.

"Does anyone have a way we can secure these in a way that should we fall, the enemy does not have access to them again?"
Ndreare
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 35 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 5/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 10/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated
    Gear & Honor Blade Activated

Bennies: 3
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck
    -1 Extra Effort on Boating
    -1 Extra Effort Notice roll to avoid Ambush

Rodney Status
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarterly Reset

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain

Penitent

Post by Penitent » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Sir Ndreare wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 am
After Ashlyn slices it in half Ndreare secures the cursed metal with the other two of its kind. However many of these things the creatures have, it is too many. Something must be done, they must find a way of destroying them. Looking around the group Ndreare worries for his own ability to handle the cursed metal.

"Does anyone have a way we can secure these in a way that should we fall, the enemy does not have access to them again?"
"Slicing them in half appears to work. I suggest we do the same to anything wearing one," Penitent says.

The voice in the darkness, apparently some old foe of Hans, was no more welcome than the buzzing voice of Doc Reid had been. Neither had been particularly unnerving -- Penitent had encountered more than wicked voice in the darkness that had tried to seduce or distract him -- but the apok grew tired of the games. He was ready to face their foes and bring redemption on the end of his blades to those who sought to spread evil across the many worlds.

"Do not waste your words on these, Karl. Your breath is better used to provide strength to your blows," he says, marveling again at the boy's transformation into a brodkil, near fully grown.

He nods approvingly at Audrey's preparations and reaches out, all too briefly, to put a hand on her hip. She smiles back, despite the uncertain circumstances.

"You're gonna owe me one helluva massage when this is all over, you know."

Notice 0, but would be success with Sixth Sense vs. anything magical

Notice 1d8-4 = -1: 3
Wild 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 3/3
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12)
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 20/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: greater smite (sunlight) for +8 damage;

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am

Notice 9
Notice at -4
  • Notice: 1d8-4 = 2: 6
    Wild: 1d6-4 = -2: 2 Wrong Die - 1d8-4 = 1: 5
    • Extra Effort: 1d6+2 = 7: 5 (Elan)
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise
Bloody Hammers. Why do they have to keep on chasing me? If they would have let me leave their mercenary company when I wanted to, I wouldn't have had to get creative on their Robot Vehicles in order for Alecto and I to get away. Somehow I don't think he will have brought any easy to disable vehicles after the last few times I met with him or his father.

"Guys, that would be Jeff Hammer. He is not happy with how me and some friends defeated his father's mercenary company and took all of their big Robot Vehicles and Power Armor as compensation for the trouble. Are they... yes. I just sent a ping, and it looks like they have not changed operating systems since I was with them. Watch out, boys. Looks like we have a fight on our hands. I wouldn't be surprised if that boat isn't just full of explosives and was just aimed at us and sent out. Brace for impact!!!"
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 50 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 10 / 10
    Band of Power: 10 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 5 / 5
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3
Base Amount
-2 for Rerolls on Repair on Quick Scene vs. Vampire Pirates
-1 Extra Effort on Notice vs. Hammer
+1 Reward for RP

Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

Brody Conrey

Post by Brody Conrey » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:47 pm

Jack stares out from the stern of the ship. He is unsure of what new dangers are going to be around the next turn. He feels invigorated and wonders when this nightmare is going to end and when will he see true Daylight. When commotion erupts about the rocky formation he gets concerned. Then he sees the Silver medallion hit the deck and he knows the fracken crapola is about to hit the fan.

Notice d4 Danger Sense Edge, both night and thermal vision
1d4 = 3: 3 -4+2 extra Effort 1d6 = 4: 4 total 5

Wild Dice
1d6 = 1: 1

Fatal Flaw: You spend countless hours analyzing enemy tactics and are a master of understanding the subtle Nuances of the high tech world. If someone needs to make sure a hi tech competitor goes down in a blazing inferno they know to call you first. As an action and makes a smarts roll, any piece of hi-tech within your Smarts range suffers a technical difficult. This might be due to careful planning or skillful luck. You can also spend a benny to extend this range to the long range of a weapon readied. You also reduce an enemies tokens in a mass battle by 2.

Smart 1d6 = 1: 1
Brody Conrey
Brody's Sheet

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2799
Brody Conrey,
OOC Comments
Psi Ghost from Psyscape.

Description: 6’ 2” Healthy, regular looking 19-year-old, athletic male. Blue Eyes, Blonde with a tint of red hair close cut. Wears CS armor, CA 7.
Stays in the background, (No he isn’t a front-line fighter, He is a thief.) Keeps Secrets. He is from Psyscape and will report back to them and also Elle the Owl at the Castle. He will gather extra funds, He is a thief but not from his team mates. Will gamble using his ability to read if the person is lying?

Conditions:
PP 35/35

Bennys: 3+1

Adventure Deck: 2019
Novice: 1d52 = 42: 42
Aced
Play instead of rolling to make a
trait test with a single automatic
raise.

EP Aventure Card
Power Points."Immediately recover all spent
1d54 = 36: 36

POWERS (has Mega powers of each due to Master Edge)
OOC Comments
ARMOR: Rank: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round) Telepathy. GREATER ARMOR Power Points: 5 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round) Success grants +5 M.D.C. Armor, a raise grants +10.

HAVOC:Rank: Seasoned Power Points: 2–4 Range: Smarts×2 Duration: Instan GREATER HAVOC Power Points: +2 Range: Smarts×3 Duration: Instant

SMITE: (has auto raise) Rank: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round)
GREATER SMITE: Power Points: 4 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round)

TELEKINESIS Rank: Seasoned Power Points: 5 Range: Smarts Duration: 3 (1/round) EXALTED TELEKINESIS Power Points: 10 Range: Smarts×2 Duration: 3 (1/round)

TELEPORT Rank: Seasoned Range Power Points: 3+: Special Duration: Instant GREATER TELEPORTPower Points: 5+ Range: Special Duration: Instant.

DETECT ARCANE at will:: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Sight Duration: 3 (1/round) or 1 hour (1/hour) EXALTED DETECT/CONCEAL ARCANAPower Points: 4 Range: Sight Duration: 3 (1/round) or 1 hour (1/hour) This Mega Power effect can be used by Masters of Magic who have detect arcana at will. They must spend 2 Power Points to use it. Using exalted conceal arcana means the caster is −2 (or −4 with a raise) to be seen or found with clairvoyance or divination
Ghosting as an action no PP.

• Psychic awareness leads many to the ability to sense the feelings of others. This empathy allows your psionic to determine the general emotional state of another being within Smarts range by making an opposed Spirit check. On a raise, she can tell if another character is lying or being evasive in a conversation
• He always gets a strange tingling in the back of her neck when things are about to go all pear-shaped. She’s seen enough trouble to know when it’s coming. Your character has the Danger Sense Edge.
ITEMS
OOC Comments
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy “Dead Boy” Body Armor:
+8 Armor.
+2 Toughness
Strength: no min
Environmental Protection: yes
Weight: 20 lbs
Weapons:
Vibroknives on the forearms (Str+d6, AP 4, Mega Damage)
Garrote wire connected to the left wrist (Str+d4, must follow successful Grapple with a raise).

NG-33 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Damage: 2d4+1, AP 2
RoF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs
Notes: Semi-Auto

Thieves Toolkit
Sword "Whisper"
Credits: 1300

Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kir Gloryspirit » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:51 pm

Notice (Danger Sense): 14
Notice: 1d6-2 = 0: 2 (+2 Alertness, -4 Scene)
Wild: 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Wild: 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace: 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace: 1d6+10 = 14: 4
Kir follows Sir Ndreare up to the deck where things quickly begin spiraling out of control. Kir doesn't catch much of the situation, however, as his vision blurs when the enemy speaks. Asnir has something important to show Kir...
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness: +2 to Notice
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 25/25; PPE: 10/10; PPE: 15/15; ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 2/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)

Architect
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Architect » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:21 pm

Architect had never left the bow of the ship, even after hauling Soldad back into the boat. He had hoped more luck would come his way and that they could end things quickly with the vampires and be on their way to restoring balance, but no. From one conflict into another it would seem.

Notice -1 _
Scene Modifier -4
Notice (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Gm notes: +1 benny for some thrilling RP
Combat round 0, this is how we are going to set up combat. Folks on hold need to make agility rolls to interupt, everyone else has agility rolls to make. All players need to make spirit rolls as well. See bottom of post for all your rolls and modifiers.

Also players can place themselves anywhere on the map. Please include in your post where you want to start. The only exception is Architect (+1 additional benny). You were already declared to be at the bow.

One everyone posts some reactions and RP (no actions yet)... I’ll update the map and we can go into the the surprise round.

Lastly, I tried to spread your individual vignettes arround this time roughly in order of how I imagined seeing them.
Penitent hears Doc Reid
A soft voice full of a hardness that came from fighting a seepless enemeny for countless ears filled Penitnt’s drums, ”Ignore me? I could aid you Penitent and where you are going you will need it. Right now you are surrounded by techno warriors... They hold but a grudge against your dwarve. The real danger is what they protect and what is in those cursed medallions.”

Sir Lazerous the cyber knight with a great crown, one of Doc Reid’s chief allies stumbled into Karl. The crazed cyber knights eyes were wide as if he had seen a ghost, ”I hear him... I hear Doc...oomph”

Karl knocked the man back as his biceps seemed to triple in size. The fully realized Karl, laughed at the stumbling knight, ”Stay down maniac! We are in being ambushed... “ Karl paused jut enough to snap a photo of the two for his celestial pintrest.

The voice echoed again in Penitent’s ear seemingly out of thin air, ”I can aid you Penitent...” The voice disappeared and is replaced by the all too familiar sense of supernatural danger... Cutting the medallion would end up being someone’s folly.
Hans talks to Hammer
”It goes both way Hansey... I know siding with vampires and dark lords is not really our thing. But the pay was unbelievable and chance an offer I could not refuse.” Jeff Hammer’s voice echoed over the dwarves radio. For the briefest of moments Hans had a fix on the hammers positions. Men and power armor on both banks, and two things in the water. Plus something large above in the stalactites. ”You should have never left the Hammers... You and your robot friend... How many ways can you skin a cat I wonder? Hehe... The bosses boss even has something fun in mind for your big green friend... You forgot our code Hans... Good bye.” Hans’ armor readout went dead as the Hammer’s realigned their system.

Interrupting Hans, Gretta frantacally gripped Hans’ hand tightly bringing her blade gifted from the cosmic Ndreare to bare. Not against Hans of course but towards the medallion cut in twain. She whispered pointing at it, ”Something rises from the blackness trapped within the medallion!” Her eyes grew wide... ”An ancient malice... We cannot keep breaking them...”
Cutting of the medallion
A dark smoke seeped from the medallion cut in twain. No voice or foul creature sprang forth, and the rangers watched then breathed a collective sigh of relief. One slapped Pen on the back, ”I though for sure something foul would have happened eh?” the ranger stumbled and before the very eyes of the heroes the ranger’s own popped out and blood gushed every where. Gurgling on the deck, the ranger gasped and spoke with a voice not his own, ”Release me... Release more of me...”
Ashlyn meets Nxla
A dark voice came from a smoke that reeked from the broken medallion. The voice was for her and her alone. An ancient malice, and darkness that in part was released. While it held no danger to her now, perhaps in the future if given enough time it would cover the megaverse! Hahaha I will be free soon! The vampire’s seek my freedom and their absolution! Cut the rest of those medallions that, Deathspike forged, little mystic and release me fully. I offer you nothing in return except you will be the first to die and the first to be remade in my army of darkness. I am Nxla reborn! You will die alone. Hahaha... Against such a foe and force what kind of power could stand against it. Ashlyn’s shield shown bright glimmering for a moment with the power of the Arch Angel!

She heard in her head a friend and ally... While we cannot assist you directly and the dark power is hidden from us and its many dangers are shrouded, know this Ashlyn, you are far from alone!

Whomever this Nxla was invaded her being with an assult she had never felt before. She would need sll her strength to resist.
Karl couldn’t help but to smile sourly at the grusome ranger fallen to the ground, ”Looks like he was wrong...” He glanced at Ashlyn whose shield begun to glow. He raised a devilish eye brow at his future wife. Then the dark smoke spread to the rest of the heroes trying to infect them with an ancient malice that if successful would serve in only aiding an army of darkness!

Audry yelled as it touched her skin, ”What is this? Get off... Get off... Uggghhh...” Her voice faded as she slumped to the ground crushing her half dozen made techno wizard items. ”Ughhh... Penitent... I...” Her last words were lost in the loud explosion and her own collapse into a coma... But perhaps she said pregnant.
Ndreare received a message from the forge
Gretta gratefully took the weapons and arms from the newly minted cosmo knight. It seemed even without adjustments for now they would suit her in the tight pinch the group was headed for. When the medallion was first cut Ndreare saw a vision of a place he could take them to. A fiery voice not so much words filled the cosmo knights mind. It was warm like the sun. It showed you a great city, Chichen Itza; You will find a hidden well. Cast all the cursed medallions into it. Do not let any survive... For if even one is not cast into the healing well a darkness will rise not just this earth but those worlds beyond.

Within Ndreare’s armored gauntlet he can feel the power of the forge surge within. If he unleashed it on the dark smoke flittering about he may have the strength to cleanse it. [Once we begin combat you have the option to make an opposed spirit roll against the smoke released from the medallion. Succeed and it is vanquished]
7E24C2A4-6C07-47B3-9D50-039D6FBE6D87.png
Chitchen Itza
BC52AFA9-CA73-4B9E-89CC-16D7219996D9.jpeg
Sacred Well
Kir’s vision
The vision gifted by Asnir bestowed upon Kir was unlike any he had seen ever. Twisted horrors await you keeper of the last of my life force. Xy has laid me low...
The past
A small boat waiting in the water. Two men grin at each other. One man’s grin was toothy. He growled, ”Hammer sure has a hard on for that dwarve huh? Guess that is what happens when your dad gets cacked.”

The other one chuckled agreeing. ”Haha, you bet. We got enough fusion blocks in this dingy to blow any ship sky high. Do you wonder how they are going to get a ship down here? I haven’t seen a cave opening large enough... We just barely scraped by with the subs...”

The toothy one props up a dead ranger body and slaps a bloody smile using the rangers own congealed blood as ink. ” No matter... Hammer gets what he wants. Finish setting the charges.”

Present:

Glimpses and flashes dart along the banks. What is left of Asnir reveals armored figures dotting the bank... Some armors of power, and other just well armed soldiers and mercs. A voice echoes in your mind as Asnir cried out, “The Hammers come for you!”
Suddenly rangers and Hans yelled to cast the boat to the side but it was in vain as nothing could be done. The little dingy that had suddenly appeared in front of the wooden galleon collided with it in an explosion of flame and fire. Soldad at the bow with Architect screamed, ”Look out!”. But it was too late, the boat rolled and swayed knocking some rangers into the water. What cruel fate would have it so that the boat twice repaired now suffered such a catastrophic injury. The wood groaned and was set a flame. In the roaring light, along the banks for those that were able to withstand the jarring blast they could just make out armored men readying their weapons for a final assult.
Architect is saved by Soldad?
@Architect catches sight of a smile in the water, just beneath the bow spirit of the boat the adventurers travel on. It was a wide smile with bloody red teeth as if he was seeing the reflection of a dark power smile. The smile of an ancient malice that those in Psyscape had once vanquished. The smile was too familiar, and The Prophet had gone on and one about it at length during the last celestial court. The smile was the portent of Nxla...

Soldad stood next to him thankful he had not fallen in the water. Unfortunately you two got a good view of the small boat as it detonated some 10 fusion blocks against the hull of the ship the heroes ride on. The twisted vampire bow spirit erupts in flame, and fire streaking everywhere. Soldad tried to shield @Architect giving the celestial being half a chance to avoid fiery calamity. The wizened vampire cried, ”Look out Architect! The celestials still need their designer!”
Brody’s memory
Brody was struck by a memory... Months ago...

Justin Hammer had let it be known in certain disreputable circles he was out for blood. Being a psighost himself contacting folks like Brody had been some what easy. He had gathered them just outside Whykin in a large red tent with a giant steel forged hammer on it.

Justin was a blonde haired blue eyed psi ghost merc seething for blood. ”Ok folks... This is how we do it.” He pointed to a large map within the vampire kingdoms. ”My sources say Hans and his company of so called heroes will be here on this eve. That is when we will strike. With power armor, and armored men. Plus two small submersibles in the water capable of off loading a dozen Hammers onto their wooden galleon. We blow the boat and move in for the kill...”

After the meet Brody received a communique, an errant paper floated towards him, it was from his current employer and read: From Blackwell, To BrokenHeart... Disable. Brody eyed the array of equipment, power armor, and small water craft. It seemed he might have just enough time to disable some of it.
Mercy talks to Jessica
”Mercy its Jess... Something is in these waters... Maybe a boat or something. Let me know if you need me too....” The radio goes unexpectedly quiet.

79AB0003-3AC8-4FDD-A06D-79C8DB50F620.jpeg
Map
Kir on hold, need to make an agility roll for initiative order and spirit -2 vs the darkness from the medallion
Kir 1d6 = 4: 4: needs to make an agility roll and is on hold, and spirit roll -2 when the medallion is cut in twain.
Architect, no card for initiative but needs to make an agility roll vs explosion and a spirit -2 roll vs the darkness escaping the medallion
Architect 1d6 = 4: 4: agility or takes 4d8 ap25 fusion missile damage. Also needs to make a spirit roll when the medallion is cut.
Brody, On hold please make agility roll for initiative order, spirit -2 when the medallion is cut in twain. Also note what electronic devices or vehicles the hammers have that begin to fail.
Brody 1d6 = 4: 4: needs to make an agility roll and is on hold, and spirit roll -2 when the medallion is cut in twain. Also tell me what equipment of the hammers you would like to take a TD...
Hans, dealt in, agility -2 roll to remain on your feet, spirit -2 when the medallion is cut
Hans Invalid dice code!: dealt in. Agility -2 to remain on his feet as the front of the boat explodes. Spirit roll -2 when the medallion is cut.
Pen, not dealt in, agility -2 to remain on your feet, spirit +2 when the medallion is cut
Pen 1d6 = 5: 5: no card. Agility roll -2 to remain on his feet as the front of the boat explodes. Spirit roll when the medallion is cut.
Ndreare dealt in, please make an agility roll at -2 to stay on your feet and a spirit roll at +2, you also have a chance to the first round to destroy the medallion with your cosmic weapon as contested spirit roll...
Ndreare 1d6 = 6: 6: dealt in. Agility roll -2 to remain on his feet as the front of the boat explodes. Spirit roll -4 when the medallion is cut.
Ashlyn please make an agility roll for being on hold, and a spirit roll vs 13
Ashlyn 2d6 = 4: 2, 2: needs to make an agility roll and is on hold, and spirit vs 1d10 = 4: 4 wild 1d6 = 3: 3 benny EE: 1d6 = 6: 6 ace
1d6 = 3: 3when the medallion is cut in twain.
Mercy
Dan hit me up on hangouts if you are still in this game.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

Architect
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Architect » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Note to Self
Add 2 Bennies to current Total.
Architect stares at the rowboat on collision course with the floating tinderbox they are calling "Safety". Well in slow motion, time-lapse, or suspended animation, Architect watches as "Safety" is rocked by a massive explosion.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:16 pm
Architect catches sight of a smile in the water, just beneath the bow spirit of the boat the adventurers travel on. It was a wide smile with bloody red teeth as if he was seeing the reflection of a dark power smile. The smile of an ancient malice that those in Psyscape had once vanquished. The smile was too familiar, and The Prophet had gone on and one about it at length during the last celestial court. The smile was the portent of Nxla...

Soldad stood next to him thankful he had not fallen in the water. Unfortunately you two got a good view of the small boat as it detonated some 10 fusion blocks against the hull of the ship the heroes ride on. The twisted vampire bow spirit erupts in flame, and fire streaking everywhere. Soldad tried to shield @Architect giving the celestial being half a chance to avoid fiery calamity. The wizened vampire cried, ”Look out Architect! The celestials still need their designer!”
His mind processes the past and his mind flashes to the visage in the water. Prophet what was the warning reagrding Nxla?

His memory and mind rebound to the present as his physical body is shielded by ... Soldad!?! While welcome, I figured he would save himself first. Then again, who wants to live forever?

Agility 11 _
Loyalty Hindrance
[*] Agility (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Agility (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
As Soldad steps in front of Architect, Archie istinctively grasps Soldad and coils himself around the Great Vampire. Falling backwards from the blast, Archie and Soldad both land backwards on the ship watching as flames shoot up the keel end of the bow and the Ship named Safety, rocks from the detonation impact.

Soldad looks at Architect. Architect looks at Soldad. Archie is the first one to speak, "Don't most vampires have an adversion to flames and fire. Something in the vampire code that says, Fire is Bad" Archie laughs at his own joke but does so in a tone and manner to say that he was grateful to Soldad for jumping into the blast all the same.

While laying on his back, Archie is able to look back (upsaide down of course) towards the helm and the ships wheel. He sees the medallion-shape and notices it being broken. Again, it all happens in slow motion.

K/ Arcana 8 _
[*] K/Arcana (1d8) 1d8 = 6: 6
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Too late to prohibit the breaking of the medallion, Archie tries to shout a warning about what has been released. Where did they get THAT medallion from?

Spirit 8 _
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Spirit (1d8) 1d8 = 7: 7
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Architect detects something and braces himself for a spiritual onslaught. Not looking to Soldad, "Soldad do you knw more about that medallion?" Archie points a clawed foot the direction of the second threat. Fire to the front. Spirited Darkness to the rear.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Rolls
Agility (at -2)
  • Agility: 1d6-2 = 2: 4
    Wild: 1d8-2 = 4: 6
    Result: 4 - Success
Spirit (at -2)
  • Spirit: 1d12-2 = 7: 9
    Wild: 1d8-2 = 6: 8
    • Ace: 1d8+6 = 13: 7
    Result: 13 - Success with Raise(s)
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:16 pm
Hans talks to Hammer
”It goes both way Hansey... I know siding with vampires and dark lords is not really our thing. But the pay was unbelievable and chance an offer I could not refuse.” Jeff Hammer’s voice echoed over the dwarves radio. For the briefest of moments Hans had a fix on the hammers positions. Men and power armor on both banks, and two things in the water. Plus something large above in the stalactites. ”You should have never left the Hammers... You and your robot friend... How many ways can you skin a cat I wonder? Hehe... The bosses boss even has something fun in mind for your big green friend... You forgot our code Hans... Good bye.” Hans’ armor readout went dead as the Hammer’s realigned their system.

Interrupting Hans, Gretta frantacally gripped Hans’ hand tightly bringing her blade gifted from the cosmic Ndreare to bare. Not against Hans of course but towards the medallion cut in twain. She whispered pointing at it, ”Something rises from the blackness trapped within the medallion!” Her eyes grew wide... ”An ancient malice... We cannot keep breaking them...”
((On the Hammers' Frequency))"Jeff, Code? You bring up a code for the Hammers? If I remember right, the unofficial 'Code' for the Hammers was... 'What's mine is mine, and what's YOURS is mine... if I want it.'"

"I was sold a false bill of goods when I joined. I was told that the Hammers took contracts to pay for their costs plus a decent profit, but that they helped people that didn't have the skills but did have the credits, and that we gave them good value for what they paid for. I was told that I could request and receive my walking papers at the end of any contract, and be left at the nearest settlement. I was there when your father took a contract to protect a mining village from raiders, and he then took their money and sold them out to the raiders for a share in the spoils from sacking the village. There was many other similar instances of similar betrayals too. I also remember the Hammers taking additional fees 'in flesh' from those they found attractive. I also remember when Piotr Kwilkowski asked for his walking papers after I was in for about a month. The old timers started laughing. Your father brought him to within eye sight of a village and said he could go... then took a snipers rifle in his own hands and blew his head off. The only way I could escape from the Hammers was what I did... sabotage the Robots enough to deter the Hammers from following and sneak out under the cover of night. I could have rigged the power plants to blow, but I just did the minimum to enable my escape."

"I just wanted out of the Hammers. It was YOUR father that decided to follow me for his own pride... for his honour… as if he ever really knew the meaning of that word. He was going to kill me and my new friends in the Black Company and leave the citizens in Gloom in trouble. We just proved to be more than they could handle, with his poor strategic planning due to his overconfidence."

"Now you and your friends have decided to continue this vendetta against me and my friends. You know that ' vampires and dark lords is not really our thing', yet you did so just for a chance at vengeance. Anything that happens now, just remember that YOU brought it upon yourselves."

"There are two submersibles somewhere in the water, and my scans show that there are four soldiers in Power Armor on the right bank with seven soldiers in body armor backing them up, and on the left bank, there are two in Power Armor with seven in body armor backing them up. "

"...and STOP breaking those medallions. You are releasing what my sister called 'an ancient malice'. It is either possessing or at least channeling through that Ranger."

Knowing that the explosion was probable, Hans was able to keep his balance at the stern when the explosion went off at the bow of the ship. When the dark cloud encompasses Hans, the strong willed Dwarf easily throws off its malice filled influence.

"That black cloud is trying to take over our minds. Throw it off. We need to throw it off so we can stop the Vampires and Demons."
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 50 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 10 / 10
    Band of Power: 10 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 5 / 5
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3
Base Amount
-2 for Rerolls on Repair on Quick Scene vs. Vampire Pirates
-1 Extra Effort on Notice vs. Hammer
+1 Reward for RP

Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”