19. Do You Hear That?

Adventures of the Legion's 32nd Special Exploratory Team.
Post Reply
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Conditions

The storm calms almost as suddenly as it arose, leaving a buzzing in the team’s ears from the abrupt silence after so much tumult.

The night has brought a bit of cool with it (though not much), and a bit of a breeze. The waters themselves are still roiling from the tempest just passed, but with far less intensity.

Even without the cloud cover of the storm, night has fallen fully, imposing a -4 obscurement penalty on relevant rolls (unless offset by powers, visual enhancements, racial abilities, etc.).

The Scrappiest Place on Earth

The team gets across, but it’s a close thing. The combined martial prowess of Deezy, Sierra, Corad, Jameson, and the mysterious pilot of the Predator Power Armor, Miguel, keep the beasts at bay. White Castle’s encyclopedic knowledge of the world comes in handy as he actually managers to charm one of the summoned creatures, while Norona and Toshiro provide support to their companions, calling out weaknesses and directions. Kuikku gets a bit wet in the action, but does not get eaten, so that’s a solid win all around.

The Mountaineer, unfortunately, comes out worse for the wear, as its missile launcher suffered serious damage from the jaws of a deinosuchus.
Technical Difficulty: -4 to Use Missile Launcher
1d6 = 6: 6
Missile launcher suffers a Severe Failure, imposing a -4 to all attempts at using it.
As the team leaves the deepest water behind, the storm fades and the last deinosuchus disappears beneath the waves, seeming to dissolve into shadow.

The vehicles’ wheels touch solid ground, though the water is far from gone. It sits about waist-high, making movement difficult outside of the vehicles, but far from impossible. Terrain counts as difficult ground due to the water.

The vegetation thins out, leaving you with decent sight lines for the first time in hours. Less than a mile or so away, you see the outline of a medieval-style castle jutting out of the water against the night sky. The first floor or two appear completely submerged, and the remainder of the structure stretches up hundreds of feet into the sky.

The terrain slopes downwards in the general direction of the castle, with the water getting deeper as you get closer. Off to the party’s right about a hundred yards away is a sharp rise in the ground and what looks like a man-made opening leading underground. The entrance is only partially submerged, and it’s more than wide enough for both vehicles to enter side-by-side.
Entrance
Like this, but with water.
Underground Entrance.jpg
Underground Entrance.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
But before you can head towards the underground entrance, a mighty roar splits the air, followed by another!

Off to your left, perhaps 40 yards (20 game inches) distant, six human figures arise from the water. It’s hard to make out, given the darkness and their distance, but two of the figures blow on horns, each of which emits the roar of a separate dinosaur, and then throws something into the water. The other four figures stand protectively near the two horn-blowers, hefting shields and axes or swords.

Another roar splits the air, and the waters begin to swirl as a dinosaur bursts out of the ground! A moment later, another follows.

Where there had been nothing but undisturbed water, now two massive dinosaurs stand. As with the crocodile creatures, wisps of darkness leak from these dinosaurs eyes and mouths, and tendrils of it rise from their backs like steam.

One, a Tyrannosaur, and the other, a Triceratops, each roar and begin charging towards the team, closing the distance quickly!
T-Rex and Tri-Top.jpg
T-Rex and Tri-Top.jpg (10.12 KiB) Viewed 2766 times
(Like this, except in a swamp and the T-Rex and Tri-Top are friends and want to eat/stomp/gore you guys.)

Action!
Action Cards:
  • Norona: 7S
  • Toshiro: 10H
  • Sierra: 5C
  • Deezy: KD
  • White Castle: 7D
  • Conrad/Jameson: 6H
  • Miguel: 5S, 6S
  • Kuikku: Red Joker!

Kuikku drew the red joker, so everyone gets a Benny and Kukku adds +2 to Trait and damage rolls this round.

You may choose to have your characters start any distance from the dinos; they are running towards you, so just narrate how close you’d like to be.

The players will all go first (in any order they choose) and then the bad guys.
Some Pertinent Dino Stats
T-Rex: Parry 6; Toughness 29(10); Size 7
Tri-Top: Parry 5; Toughness 28(12); Size 6

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:29 am

Fly 12
-2 MAP
Psionics 1d12-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 10: 6
Ace 1d6+10 = 12: 2
Darksight 6
-2 MAP
Psionics 1d12-2 = 6: 8
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 0

“Dinosaurs again?” Sierra said. She focused, and her eyes glowed with fire a bit as she began to see a bit into the infrared spectrum, allowing her to see in the darkness better. Then her fire wings erupted from her back and she launched out of the hatch and into the air. The dinosaurs wouldn’t be able to get her up here. Dinos couldn’t fly.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 2: 2
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 6: 4, 2 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

Darksight: -2 illumination penalty (3r)
Fly: Pace 6, Shroud: -1 to ranged attacks targeting her (3r)
(1 Wound, no penalties)(Day 2)
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Injury: Guts, Broken: Agility reduced to d4 (goes away when healed)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 22/40
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Card
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc."
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight and/or hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:38 am

Rolls
Shooting Rail Gun - ROF 3

Shooting T-Rex (-4 headshot, +2 offset by HJ roll, +2 Size, -2 unsteady platform, no Lighting Penalties)
1d10-2 = 7: 9 ---- Hit
Damage(+4 base, +4 headshot) 3d10+8 = 23: 1, 9, 5 AP 14

Shooting Summoner 1 (-2 Unsteady Platform, No Lighting penalties due to Nightvision)
1d10-2 = 3: 5 ---- Miss

Shooting Summoner 2 (-2 Unsteady Platform No Lighting penalties due to Nightvision)
1d10-2 = 8: 10
Ace! 1d10+8 = 12: 4 ---- Hit with Raise
Damage(+4 base): 3d10+4 = 29: 10, 8, 7 + 1d6 = 3: 3 = 32 AP14

Wild
1d6-2 = -1: 1
Toshiro doesn't hesitate when the dinosaurs appear, though in his mind, the beings who can summon such creatures are more dangerous than the creatures themselves. The thought of opening a dialogue with the newcomers doesn't even cross his mind as he open fires, rotating the turret up across the Tyrannosaurus's head and then back down toward the two summoners. The rounds tear into the Tyrannosaurus, but whether the shots cause actual damage or just infuriate it is not immediately apparent. The summoner in the middle of the arc gets lucky, as bullet strike water all around her but fail to make direct contact. Her friend is not nearly so lucky. The shots pound in his body and shoot out the other side, tearing gaping holes in the summoners torso and spraying a thick red mist into the area around him.


While Toshiro's hands focus on the shots a pair of cybernetic arms unfold from between where his ribs would be and reach up, opening the hatch to the Mountaineer and, once the shot is finished, pulling Toshiro up onto the roof. As Toshiro's real hands eject and replace the chip in his head with the martial prowess one from his pocket, the mechanical arms draw Retribution, who psychically sings praises at being released in Toshiro's head.

Now slay these foul beasts and the savages that would dare to stand against your might!

23 14AP Damage to T-Rex - 1 wound. 32 14AP damage to summoner (shredded?)
Last edited by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 4/3 [/size]
+1 for hinderance - spiderbot phobia
+1 for slow GM :)
-1 for shooting Clayman

Edit Signature

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Norona » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:36 am

Exalted Detect Arcana 5
Channelling 1d12 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
MaP -2
Norona peers at the newly summoned dinosaurs through his Lightforce TW goggles. Seeing they are the form from the restless spirits of deceased animals engages his sensibilities. "Putting the dead into service is truly an act of darkness."

Accelerating straight toward the T-Rex Norona suddenly leaps off of his hover cycle in mid-air and transforms into a massive dragon and flies directly toward the huge dinosaur.
Agility 6, success
Agility 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Shape Change 7, success
Channeling 1d12 = 9: 9
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
MaP -2
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 am

Soaks
T-Rex Soaks, uses one WC Benny
Eco-Wizard, used 2 WC bennies, but there was no soaking that
The Tyrannosaur roars its defiance as @Toshiro 'Cybermonk''s rounds glance off of its tough hide and it fixes its eyes on @Norona, now in dragon form and challenging the Rex's dominance!

Meanwhile, the eco-wizard targeted by Toshiro's rail gun blast is killed instantly in a gory display hardly fit for description.

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Deezy Klatta » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am

Deezy pops out of the roof hatch of the MHQ again, the Omniblaster set firmly against the epaulet of her armor. For a moment she sights down the barrel at the oncoming T-rex, but when she sees Norona going after it in draconic form (and WOW when could he do THAT??!!) she shifts her crosshairs to the Triceratops. And boy, she didn't want her shiny new headquarters to be on the wrong end of a charge from THAT guy! So she introduced him to a blast from the new, improved Omniblaster Mk2!

A red line briefly lit up between her weapon and the massive, flared head of the dinosaur. A laser beam that cut an ionized path through the atmosphere. The gun in its normal mode could follow that up with a huge bolt of charged particles that would strip atoms away from the target. But if she juiced it up a bit...

Oops! Goggles! Deezy quickly slapped her goggles down over her helmet faceplate, and hit the firing catch.

The world turned white.

With a hideous buzzing noise, and an electrostatic field strong enough that she could feel her arms prickling right through her armor, the Omniblaster discharged a bolt of lightning that twisted and writhed through the air...following the path of the laser beam to impact the Trike's noggin. An instant later thunder rolled across the battlefield as the air itself recoiled from the blast.

Deezy lowered her rifle and chortled. "I'll never get tired of that."

Rolls: Shooting 10, 36 dmg AP 2 vs Triceratops. 2 bennies, 5 PPE, inflicts 2 Wounds
BLAST IT, Y'ALL! 1d10+2 = 10: 8 or 1d6+2 = 7: 5, including range penalty and Joker bonus
Using Onslaught for 6d6+4 = 25: 3, 5, 2, 5, 1, 5 with AP 2, gun has 5 PPE left
Plus raise 1d6 = 1: 1
Jeez, not a single damage explosion? Nah. Benny that. 6d6+4 = 20: 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5
Oh, and we reroll the raise too... 1d6 = 2: 2
BLAW
Crazy bad rolls. Only one benny left. Bah, fine. One more time. 6d6+4 = 28: 3, 3, 1, 6, 6, 5
There it is Aces 2d6 = 7: 3, 4
And raise reroll 1d6 = 1: 1
Last edited by Deezy Klatta on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Rolls: T-Rex takes one wound
Darksight: +2 Joker
Psionics: 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Success: 1/2 darkness penalties

Attack: +2 Joker, +2 Size, -2 darkness
Fighting: 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Hit

Damage:
Spirit: 3d10 = 21: 7, 6, 8
Strength: 1d6 = 4: 4
25 damage, AP 8: One wound

Deflection: +2 Joker
Psionics: 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Wild: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Success (Auto Raise): -4 to be hit with melee, -5 with range
Kuikku sighs in exasperation as he climbs out on top of the Mountaineer. I had Deezy put that water enchantment thinking we would be dealing with inches of water. Ankles or low calf, not thigh or chest. I am so tired of this swamp. He sees the bullets bounce of the T-Rex and Deezy's blast obscure the T-top. Knowing he has no opportunity to close to the barbarians fast enough instead he goes for the lizards. He triggers his dark vision and summons his sword, just one because he knows those things will be tough. Leaping from the top of the Mountaineer towards them he then slogs close enough to get a swing at the T-Rex. The blade strikes a solid hit. Kuikku then triggers his deflection and starts screaming and splashing in the water hoping to keep both dinos distracted.

Status
Parry: 8
Toughness: 20(8)
Wounds: 0
ISP: 17/20
Darksight: ½ Darkness penalty
Deflection: -4 Melee, -5 Ranged
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Soaking
T-Rex Soaks, spends another WC Benny
Tri-top Soaks 1 of 2 wounds, spends 1 WC Benny)


What initially seemed a nasty slash from Kuikku’s Psi-Sword turned out to be shallower than it initially seemed.

Deezy’s impressive light show seems to have an impact on the Triceratops, which lets out a pained cry, but charges on.

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by White Castle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Would love to get up close and study these pre-historic relics, but that will have to wait.

Still riding on the back of the MHQ, Castle has to change his position when @Deezy Klatta comes popping out of the hatch with her omniblaster leveled at the Triceratops.

Shooting 5 _
Aim: +2
Size: +2
Darkness: -2
Called Shot (eye): -4
[*] Shooting (1d10) 1d10 = 7: 7
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 10, AP 2
Called Shot to Eye: +2
Wilk's 447 Rifle: 3d6, AP 2
[*] Damage (3d6) 3d6 = 8: 2, 5, 1
HEad shots are tricky and shooting at apples while the target is missing, is near insanity but Castle can't Brainiac his way out of this one. Dinosaurs can't be reasoned with, even if 100,000 years should have imparted some wisdom and intellect.

Miguel
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Miguel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:06 am

Miguel continues to hover in place. He points his laser at the T-Rex, going for a head shot.
Shooting 6, 23 damage AP 15
Shooting 1d12+1 = 2: 1
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 6: 5

Damage 3d10 = 19: 9, 4, 6 +4 from headshot

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Conrad » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:15 am

Notice
1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 3: 3

"Well, that's not going to just buff out chummers," as he reads the technical display, "that will take ages to fix."

As they approach the castle, the sight of it nags at Conrad.

knowledge history
1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 2: 2

At the point furthest of the vehicles from the Dinosaurs, they hear the roar

"Not relatives of yours are they big guy? Jameson asks, aiming her rifle out of the window to make sure she can hit her target


Jameson took careful aim with her rifle, ready to shoot the T-Rex in the eye.

Conrad pulls out his plasma rifle and opens fire on whichever dino is left and opens fire
Shooting 5 Damage 27 ignore AP on non-environmental shaken and 2 wounds
OOC Comments
Size +2
darkness -4
armour bonus +2
penalty reduction from armour +2
1d8+2 = 4: 2
1d6+2 = 5: 3
3d10 = 22: 9, 3, 10 ignore AP as Dinos not environmentally sealed ace 1d10 = 5: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:46 pm

T-Rex Soak
GM Benny to Soak for T-Rex after Miguel's hit: success
The Rex roars up at @Miguel, ignoring the laser blast.
Tri-Tops Soak
GM Benny: Takes 2 Wounds, Soaks 1
Tri-Tops now has 2 wounds
The Triceratops fares worse, as @Conrad's plasma blast envelops its head, getting into its eyes and mouth, and it screeches anew.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Dino Stomp!

The Triceratops lowers its head and barrels towards the Klattatech Mobile HQ.
Tri-Tops Rams the Mobile HQ for 36 MD, AP 6, Giving It 3 Wounds and Sending It Out of Control
Fighting 12, hit with a raise
10 (str) +6 (damage) +4 (gore) + 9 (raise damage, which aced) + 7 (collision damage) = 36 MD, AP 6
Collision damage: 7 (2d6 for each 5” of speed of Tri-Top) to the vehicle and to each of the occupants

Mark IX has 30(15) MDC armor= “shaken” and 3 wounds
1 out of control roll for meeting vehicle’s toughness: 8 - vehicle skids
Critical hit for first wound: 6 Chassis: The vehicle suffers a hit in the body with no special effects.
Critical hit for second wound: 5 Controls: The control system is hit. Until a Repair roll is made, the vehicle can only perform turns to one side (1–3 left, 4–6 right). This may prohibit certain maneuvers as well.
Critical hit for third wound: Chassis: The vehicle suffers a hit in the body with no special effects.

Tri-Tops takes 7 damage and 11 AP from the collision

Dropped a retroactive Benny for forgetting to roll to Unshake.
The Klattatech Mobile HQ shudders and skids sideways in the water with the incredible impact. The triceratops tears into the armored vehicle and through the side, opening a massive hole and showering the battlefield with shrapnel and parts!
For Deezy and Castle
You each take 7 damage.

Deezy needs to make an Agility roll at -2 or be thrown and take 2d6 additional damage.
Castle needs to make his Agility roll at -4 or be similarly thrown and take 2d6 additional damage.
Meanwhile, the Tyrannosaur attacks Norona Dragon!
Fighting
Fighting 8
Fighting 5 (spent 2 Bennies and couldn’t get above a 5!)

Hit: 12 (str) + 2 (damage) AP 8
Unfortunately for the Rex, it is not able to get it’s jaws in place for a solid enough hold on Norona, who managers to slip away essentially unscathed.

Round Two Action Cards
  • Sierra 2D
  • Deezy JH
  • Norona KC
  • Castle 9S
  • Conrad/Jameson 5C
  • Kuikku JC
  • Toshiro QS
  • Miguel 5C and 6D
  • Rex 10D
  • Tri-Top QD
  • Eco Wizard 4S
  • Mooks QC

Norona pulled the high card, so the players go first, in any order they choose.

Some Pertinent Dino Stats
T-Rex: Parry 6; Toughness 29(10); Size 7
Tri-Top: Parry 5; Toughness 28(12); Size 6; 2 Wounds (but she's extra big, so she can take an extra wound)
Pertinent Bad Guy Stats
Eco-Wizard: Parry 5; Toughness 12(7)
Barbarians: Parry 7; Toughness 12(5), 14(7) vs Ranged; carrying medium shields and hand-weapons
Approximately 20 inches away

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Norona » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Fighting 6, 39 AP 4
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Damage
Strength 1d12+4 = 7: 3
Claws 3d6 = 7: 4, 1, 2
AP 4

Benny
Strength 1d12+4 = 8: 4
Claws 3d6 = 7: 1, 5, 1
AP 4

Benny
Strength 1d12+4 = 16: 12
Ace 1d12 = 8: 8
Claws 3d6 = 15: 5, 5, 5
AP4

T-Rex: Parry 6; Toughness 29(10); Size 7
Setting down on the ground Norona twists and turns away from the snapping jaws of the mighty T-Rex. He knows the animal is powerful but also only has one main weapon, it's massive mouth! Using the ability of his dragon form to fly Norona goes up to avoid the blow then lands on the creature's back digging in with mass dragon claws and giving a mighty roar for effect.

While he doesn't have a radio, his voice still works in this form, "It is time for these souls to rest!"
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Soak
GM Benny spent, soaked two wounds. One Wound left.


The Rex roars, clearly feeling the blows, but not as phased as it should be, with a dragon on its back.

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by White Castle » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:00 am

Castle sees events unfold. His shot lands squarely in the eye of the Tri-Tops, which is not as squishy, apparently as the human eye. Then @Conrad's plasma seems to just piss the Tri-Tops off even further.

Enraged and out of control, the Tri-Tops gains speed. Seconds pass in a blur and Castle hoped that the blinded and enraged Tri-Tops would pass between the two vehicles. Then at the last possible second, as if the damn monster had someone steering it from behind its crest, it veers towards the MHQ where he and @Deezy Klatta are perched.

"Deezy. We. Need. To. Move." Each of Castle's words of warning is emphasized by the pounding of the Tri-Tops.

Deezy looks like she is heading back to the controls, Castle grabs her right hand that is still bracing and holding onto the frame of the MHQ. "No. Time."

Laying as flat as possible, Castle tucked his rifle under himself, between the MHQ and himself and tries to anchor himself on for the ride and keep Deezy from getting flung about too much as well. Castle remembers a video he saw of Bull Riders called "8 Seconds". He shouts, "Just stay on for 8 seconds!" as the MHQ gets tossed around

Agility 5 _
Scene Modifier: -4
[*] Agility (1d10) 1d10 = 9: 9
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
He manages to hold onto the MHQ for 8 seconds and complete the ride. If memory serves the main actor in the movie was actually on the bull not getting charged by it. Oh well. I still lived the experience.

He looks down into the hatch to see if he is still holding onto Deezy or if she got thrown clear of MHQ.

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Deezy Klatta » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:03 am

"But, my CAR!" shouts Deezy...and then the impact hits!

Castle needn't have worried. It seemed not even a charging triceratops could separate Deezy from her beloved vehicle. She shrieks at the damage that's done though; a combination of horror and anger.

"Dude, do you even KNOW how much that's going to cost to FIX?!"

She braces the barrel of the Omniblaster on the edge of the APC's roof, sighting the triceratops as it shakes off the impact on its armored head.

Another blaze of thunder and lightning scorches the swamp, discharging the weapon's integral battery completely!

rolls
Agility 1d6 = 4: 4 or 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3

Onslaught for another 5 PPE
Shooting: 1d10+2 = 5: 3 or 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Damage 7d6+2 = 29: 6, 2, 5, 4, 6, 3, 1 AP 2
2 Aces 2d6 = 6: 5, 1
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:22 am

The triceratops bellows again, thick, black shadow spilling out if its open wounds like smoke from a fire.

Trike Wounds
Has 4 wounds and is shaken. One more puts her down.

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by White Castle » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Satisfied that Deezy is at least her "normal self", Castle rolls off of his Laser Rifle and once more sights in on the Tri-Tops before it goes ballistic, again.

"One for the Money. Two for the Show. Three for the Triceratops soon to Go!"

He lines up the sights and targets the beast of shadow and bone once more. Before he fires, he switches on the team comms, "Still have eco-nuts on the rise. Anyone available to shut them down."

As he turns off the comms he mutters under his breath, "They get in the way of EVERY project."

Shooting 15, Success, Raise _
Short Range: 0
Size Bonus: +4
Dino Parry/Target TN: 5
[*] Shooting (1d10) 1d10 = 7: 7
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Damage 35, AP 2 _
Bonus Damage: 1d6
Laser Rifle Damage: 3d6
AP 2
[*] Bonus (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Bonus (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 9: 3
[*] Rifle Damage (3d6) 3d6 = 16: 5, 6, 5
[*] Aced! Rifle Damage (1d6+16) 1d6+16 = 22: 6
[*] Super Aced! Rifle Damage (1d6+22) 1d6+22 = 26: 4
It was beautiful in its real life. Horrifying in un-life. Mistreated and disrespected. No justice for it now.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:30 pm

The triceratops lets out one last, bone-chilling cry and collapses in a massive SPLASH! before bursting apart in a whirlwind of inky blackness.

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Knowing better then to get between a dino and a dragon, and not wanting to take a bath in plasma fire Kuikku instead turns towards the humanoids. Wishing this fight were on dry land Kuikku puts all his effort into closing with the horn blowers eventually getting to about ten yards distant. "Come on!" he screams and waves his sword menacingly at the hornblower on the left.

Intimidate 19
Intimidate: +2 IF, +2 Strong-Willed
Intimidate: 1d8+4 = 12: 8
Ace: 1d8+12 = 19: 7
Wild: 1d6+4 = 8: 4

No status change.
I figure after closing with the dino last round a good run should get me to within about 5"
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:34 pm

The Eco-Wizard is visibly taken aback by @Kuikku’s challenge!
Eco-Wizard is Vulnerable
We’re going to borrow a SWADE rule and say this guy is so focused on Kuikku that he’s Vulnerable, meaning all rolls against him are made at +2!

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: Toshiro Cybermonk - MARS Personal Concept Option

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:43 am

Shooting Eco Wizard - 16 AP 2 Damage

2 Actions: pull shotgun and fire.

running die 1d6 = 4: 4

Shooting the Eco-Wizard (+2 Vulnerable, -2 MAP for running, autofire -2 offset by GAW shotgun, -2 Range [12/24/48])

ROF = 3
Shooting 1d8-2 = 1: 3 Miss
Shooting 1d8-2 = 3: 5 Miss
Shooting 1d8-2 = 4: 6 Hit!

Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5Miss

Damage 2d12+2 = 16: 3, 11 AP 2

With the other targets fully engaged, Toshiro continues to focus on the summoners of the dino's - besides, that's who he is most concerned about.

Toshiro wait for the moment when the vehicle is closest to Eco Wizard and his entourage and leaps from the roof, joining in Kuikku's charge - though it is more like a slog - toward the attackers.

All the while, Toshiro's recently installed robotic arms reach down and pull his shotgun from its holster. Taking quick aim, it lets loose a few shots toward the Eco Wizard.

Body guards don't do you much good when standing in the open and guns are in play... Toshiro thinks, shaking his head slightly.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 4/3 [/size]
+1 for hinderance - spiderbot phobia
+1 for slow GM :)
-1 for shooting Clayman

Edit Signature

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:52 pm

Soakin
Eco-Wizard spends a WC benny and soaks the wound.
The Eco-Wizard staggers with the hit, but does not go down, and does not appear seriously bothered by it. Must've been a glancing blow.

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Conrad » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:13 pm

shooting 9 damage 22 (ignore armour) or 27 (ignore armour if a raise)
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 6: 4
1d6+2 = 8: 6 1d6+8 = 9: 1

3d10 = 9: 4, 1, 4 ignore armour
1d6 = 5: 5 if a raise

well that was poo. benny to reroll damage
3d10 = 22: 6, 7, 9 +5 for the raise
"lets hope Norona is immune to fire like Tyr was," Conrad crosses his heart before opening fire on the T-Rex

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Soaked
Last GM Benny to Soak 14


The giant rex roars in irritation as the plasma gets in its eyes and nose, but it doesn’t seem especially harmed otherwise.

Miguel
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Miguel » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:00 pm

The Predator armor continues to hover in mid air, another bright white beam flicking from it's hand, directly connecting with the T-Rex's head.
16 Damage AP 15
Head Shot
Shooting 1d12 = 4: 4
Wild Die 1d6 = 1: 1

Damage

3d10 = 12: 2, 7, 3 +4 from headshot
Benny to reroll
3d10 = 11: 1, 7, 3 +4 from headshot

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:33 pm

The T-Rex takes the laser blast to the head and lets out a sound that is somewhere between a roar and a dinosaur-sized squeal, as shadow bursts out of him instead of blood.
Wounded Rex
T-Rex takes two wounds.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:03 am

The Dinosaurs
The Rex renews its attack on Norona, whipping around and snapping its powerful jaws at the dragon. Its first attack doesn’t land, but its second bite digs deep into Norona’s neck.
Dino Does 40 MD, AP 8
Rex’s Spirit roll to unshake is a success. Second attack with Improved frenzy hits with a raise for 40 MD, AP 8

Meanwhile, the remaining Eco-Wizard blows on his horn again, tossing another bit of bone into the water. This time, instead of a roar, the horn lets out a screech like an oversized bird call. The water swirls as before, and a massive pterosaur bursts from the ground, winging at incredible speed towards Miguel!

The pterosaur snaps at Miguel with its beak, but doesn’t even manage to scratch the power armor.
Second attack of Improved frenzy hits but only does 8 damage, AP 2.


Meanwhile, on the ground, the barbarian warriors take up position in front of the Eco-Wizards, raising their shields and blocking your view of the caster.
Wall of Shields
The fighters are taking the defense maneuver in front of the eco-wizard. They provide the equivalent of heavy cover for the eco-wizard, meaning attacks against the eco-wizard are made at -8.


Action Cards for Round 3
Sierra: On hold
Toshiro: 2C
Conrad/Jameson: AS
Miguel: 3H, AH
White Castle: KS
Deezy: 5H
Kuikku: 9H
Norona: 2S
Eco-Wizard: 7S
T-Rex: AC
Pterosaur: 8C
Barbarians: 4D

The players have the high card, so players may go first, in any order they choose.

Reminder: everything on the ground counts as rough terrain because of the water. There is also a -4 darkness penalty in effect.
Some Pertinent Baddie Stats
T-Rex: Parry 6; Toughness 29(10); Size 7; 2 Wounds (but he's extra big, so he can take an extra wound)
Pterosaur: Parry 6; 13(4): Size 3; Flying Pace 24
Eco-Wizard: Parry 5; Toughness 12(7)
Barbarians: Parry 9; Toughness 12(5) or 14(7) vs Ranged; carrying medium shields and hand-weapons
Human bad guys are approximately 20 inches away from most of the party.

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Conrad » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:56 am

Conrad screamed

"NORANA!" as he opened fire again on the T-Rex.

1d8+2 = 6: 4
1d6+2 = 5: 3
3d10 = 22: 3, 9, 10 ace 1d10+22 = 31: 9

Jameson

"Great, they have air support." Jameson switched target and fired up at the Pterodactyl, but in the dark and the movement, she missed.

1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 1: 1
3d8 = 4: 1, 1, 2

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 am

The Rex’s head is immolated, and it goes down, hard, before bursting apart into so much shadowy smoke.

Seeing the Tyrannosaur fall and the forces still arrayed before them, the eco-wizard and barbarians throw down their weapons and hold up their arms in a clear signal of surrender.

The pterosaur, oblivious, continues attacking Miguel.

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by White Castle » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:52 am

Castle leaves Deezy with her vehicle by hoping down off from ontop. Stowing his rifle as he jumped into the water and begins wading his way towards the now surrendered foes.

Using the PA on his armor he addresses the gathered group.

"What is beyond that entrance?" Castle points at the mound with the entry way.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:42 pm

The barbarians all shake their heads, and the Eco-Wizard replies, “Death.”

Note: we are still in tactical combat while the pterosaur is engaged with Miguel.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Norona » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Soak 1 wound
Vigor 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Wincing from the massive bite, Norona watches as the t-rex streams away in shadowy smoke.

"Eternal rest to you friend."

Returning to his normal form Norona attempts to deal with his injuries with little effect.

As the others deal with the surrendering barbarians Norona seeks out Deezy, "May I make use of your healing device? It appears I have been bitten for more than I can chew."
Greater Healing
Channelling 1d10 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by White Castle » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Pursuit wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:42 pm
The barbarians all shake their heads, and the Eco-Wizard replies, “Death.”

Note: we are still in tactical combat while the pterosaur is engaged with Miguel.
Radioing the PA Pilot @Miguel "PA Pilot dive on one of the vehicles then pull up sharply. Let the drivers shoot the Pterry."

Castle unslings his rifle and stands there supporting @Kuikku & @Toshiro 'Cybermonk'.

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:37 am

Psionics 7, 2, 8
-2 darkness
Psionics 1d12 = 9: 9
Psionics 1d12 = 4: 4
Psionics 1d12 = 10: 10
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Flame Bolt damage 25, 31 MD
7d6 = 24: 1, 3, 3, 6, 2, 6, 3
Ace 2d6+21 = 25: 1, 3
6d6 = 21: 1, 6, 1, 3, 5, 5
7d6 = 29: 4, 5, 6, 4, 2, 3, 5
Ace 1d6+29 = 31: 2
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 0

“I got him!” Sierra yelled. She had gotten caught up in some vines and branches in the thick jungle, preventing her from helping out. So she lit herself on fire and burned the foliage away, then darted toward the terrorduck, or whatever the damn thing was called. She lashed out with a full barrage of fire.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 1: 1
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 8: 3, 5 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

Darksight: -2 illumination penalty (1r)
Fly: Pace 6, Shroud: -1 to ranged attacks targeting her (1r)
(1 Wound, no penalties)(Day 2)
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Injury: Guts, Broken: Agility reduced to d4 (goes away when healed)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 22/40
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Card
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc."
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight and/or hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:07 am

The pterosaur doesn't even have time to let out a cry, as it is burnt away to nothingness. A few wisps of smokey blackness slip out of Sierra's inferno, and the airborne lizard is gone.

Note: Tactical combat has now ended, but there is still time pressure to consider. The team needs to decide what to do with its prisoners and where it is going next.

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:46 am

The barbarians all shake their heads, and the Eco-Wizard replies, “Death.”
Kuikku steps a little closer. "Can you expand on that?" Glancing over his shoulder to where the dinos were he turns back at the prisoners. "Looks like there is plenty of death out here as well so maybe we will be ok in there. Unless you have something to add?"
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:53 am

Remembering his terror at @Kuikku’s earlier Intimidation attempt, the Eco-Wizard visibly flinches when approached by the Cyber-Knight.

”It won’t matter for you, as you say. Our master knows you’re here. Stay out here, and he will kill you. Go in the tunnels, and the Clay Men will kill you. Either way, you are all dead.”

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by White Castle » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Pursuit wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:53 am
Remembering his terror at Kuikku’s earlier Intimidation attempt, the Eco-Wizard visibly flinches when approached by the Cyber-Knight.

”It won’t matter for you, as you say. Our master knows you’re here. Stay out here, and he will kill you. Go in the tunnels, and the Clay Men will kill you. Either way, you are all dead.”
Castle laughs, "You mean to tell me that you don't act on your own? Master denotes that you are a slave. Such a sad position to be in."

"Such a sad way to be. Holding the powers of the Earth itself and no freedom to act for yourself."

"Very odd that you would wave death around like it made any difference. Well we at least know what you came to bargain with and your hand sucks."

Turning back towards those behind him, "They had at best a pair of jacks." He stops considering for a moment, "Nah wait, count that as a pair of jacks and dueces were wild."

Looking back to the prisoners he says, "You certainly can't go back to your," Castle air quotes the next word, "Master."

"The way I see it, you can take your own lives right here or you can walk away and out of the jungle."

"If you walk out of here, know that If you try to cross us later," Castle taps his head, "I will kill you before you have time to summon a lizard."

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:19 pm

White Castle wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:16 pm
Looking back to the prisoners he says, "You certainly can't go back to your," Castle air quotes the next word, "Master."

"The way I see it, you can take your own lives right here or you can walk away and out of the jungle."

"If you walk out of here, know that If you try to cross us later," Castle taps his head, "I will kill you before you have time to summon a lizard."
The Eco-Wizard raises an eyebrow. "Oh? And why is it you think we cannot go back? Will you kill us where we stand, outsider, having surrendered the field? Or do you suppose we would be punished for this? For 'failure?' You are all the same, all who come through these swamps from afar. You think you know so much, but you never take the time to actually learn."

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Norona » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:54 am

Hobbling over to the eco-wizards Norona listens to their answers. Wincing from his t-rex inflicted wounds. At the mention of "clay men" he perks up his pointed ears, "Tell us of your master and these clay men."
K/Arcana to Identify Clay Men, 10
Knowledge (Arcana) 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
EE (last benny!) 1d6 = 5: 5
+2 from Scholar offset by -2 from Wounds
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:10 am

@Norona remembers a passage he once read: "Clay men appeared as hunched over, barrel-chested beings with mottled grey-white skin and large flakes of dried flesh coming off them in sheets like a snake shedding its skin. The things resembled giant grubs with legs and arms. Each had a thick, soft body, large, clawed three-fmgered hands, and a thick, short neck with a wide round head mounted atop of it. A pair of large, round black eyes, like those of a beetle, sparkled like polished ebony. The nose was little more than three slits and the mouth wide with thick lips that concealed wide, broken and jagged teeth. If the beings could speak, they did so in raspy growls and snarling whispers, but the animal noises and insect-like eyes belied an intelligence perhaps close to human."

From the accounts, he also knows that clay men possess the ability to turn into soft clay, which allows them great ability to disguise themselves in the tunnels. They also have been known to use spells (typically with earth trappings) and are very hostile to any intruders.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:14 am

The eco-wizard grins at @Norona. ”You have met our master, I think. You killed his squire, after all. Ask whatever you want, outsiders. You are all dead anyway.”

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:29 am

The Eco-Wizard raises an eyebrow. "Oh? And why is it you think we cannot go back? Will you kill us where we stand, outsider, having surrendered the field? Or do you suppose we would be punished for this? For 'failure?' You are all the same, all who come through these swamps from afar. You think you know so much, but you never take the time to actually learn."
Kuikku shrugs. "So your job was either to kill us or just delay us, no problem. You say we, outsiders, never take the time to learn but you are the ones attacking without even trying to talk to us. Sounds like you never take the time to teach. Well, I have a little time and I doubt you have anyplace you need to get to right away. Teach."

Kuikku looks over to Deezy and Conrad. "You two see how much fixing you can do for everyone and everything. It would be nice to have everyone as able as possible when we go in there and even better to have a set of wheels when we get out."
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by White Castle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:07 am

Castle laughs softly to himself.

"The ancient Phoenicians made bricks from clay. The Egyptians likely perfected that process by adding straw or hay to the process. Either way, intense heat will drive out the water and bake the clay. Too much heat will turn the clay to dust. Ample solutions to your Clay Men, I presume."

Castle hefts a couple of grenades, "A few Plasma Grenades should be enough to dust those Clay Men."

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Deezy Klatta » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:40 am

Deezy snaps a salute at Kukiku and starts pulling components out of pouches and off her bandoliers. Each piece is minutely inspected from behind her goggles, then snapped or taped or glued together into a ramshackle, haphazard-looking device.

"Hey, Norona," she says, "Hold still a second." Then Deezy pauses and adds, "I mean, really still. These guys were originally designed to help make closed caskets open again, but it should work for this too..."

She tosses the contraption over to Norona, where it thuds into the muddy earth. It buzzes briefly, and wobbles...then ports open up all over its surface, and a bunch of what look like weird silvery spiders come streaming out. On closer inspection, they are actually tiny machines. Deezy shines a little laser pointer onto Norona, and the swarm of metal bugs marches over to him and moves up under his clothes to the T-rex tooth marks.

And then they begin to sew. As tiny and dextrous as they are, the process is not nearly painful as one might imagine...but it does come with the unpleasantness of feeling like one's wounds are being doused in an ant colony.

The inventor then looks at the APC and sighs.

"I'll get her running again, but any kind of real repair is going to be the work of hours, not minutes. And I'll need my shop to REALLY fix it."

Rolls: Healing 6, Repair 13
TW to make healing gadget: 1d12 = 7: 7 or 1d6 = 1: 1
Healing on Norona 1d12 = 2: 2 or 1d6 = 2: 2
Benny for Elan Extra Effort (last time ever for this!) 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Repair to jury rig repairs on the MHQ: 1d10+6 = 8: 2 or 1d6+6 = 12: 6, 1/2 usual time
And an ace 1d6 = 1: 1
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Conrad » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Conrad looks at the APC and shrugs

"You TW'ed that one chummer. That's outside of my ability." he says to Deezy, before looking at the flying PA.

"Hey new boy, does your armour need any repairs?"

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Deezy Klatta wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:40 am
The inventor then looks at the APC and sighs.

"I'll get her running again, but any kind of real repair is going to be the work of hours, not minutes. And I'll need my shop to REALLY fix it."
Kuikku chuckles. "I don't expect miracles so just make sure you can get it back to the shop. Better under its own power but if needed hitch it to Conrad's." He then looks at the PA pilot. "Appreciate the help buddy. Uhm... How much can that armor tow if it needed to?"
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Norona » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Pursuit wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:14 am
The eco-wizard grins at Norona. ”You have met our master, I think. You killed his squire, after all. Ask whatever you want, outsiders. You are all dead anyway.”
Raising his trade mark quizzical eyebrow Norona mentally logs the information on the clay men, hoping to recall any weaknesses later. While he is certain the squire was the Raptor King, a small part of his mind wonders about the vampires they also encountered. The location seems out of place for them with so much natural water, but he remains vigilant. Rather than beat around the bush he looks at the beholden human vassals, "Very well. Take us to him without delay. It is time we end all these antics and decie who shall make their mark on this swamp."

To bolster his cause Norona accepts Deezy's healing nanites. While the metal is cold the sensation is not unusual, there are many cultures that use swarms of helpful insects and bacteria to heal wounds.
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:55 am

The eco-wizard replies, ”You want lessons? You want to meet our master? Both are easily achieved, outsiders. Just wait right here, and you can have everything you desire.“

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:52 am

White Castle wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:16 pm

"The way I see it, you can take your own lives right here or you can walk away and out of the jungle."
Letting them walk free sounds like a terrible idea, but then, so does taking them with us... Toshiro thinks

Retributions opinion on the matter echoes through Toshiros skull.

Separate their pox-ridden heads from their wretched shoulders! Come on, you know I'm right! They tried to murder you!

As much as Toshiro may actually agree with his sword in this case, he guess that the rest of the legion wouldn't be particularly welcoming to that approach, so he searches the surround area instead.
Survival 8
Survival 1d8+4 = 7: 3
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
It doesn't take long before he find some Swamp Milkweed, a plant with incredibly strong fibers. He uses a blade to strip the fibers from the plant and quickly fashions some chords from the strips. Making sure someone has a weapon trained on them, Toshiro pats the Eco wizards down, checking for anything that remotely seems like a weapon or magical. He hands anything odd off to Deezy for inspection. Once convinced he has stripped them of anything that would help them escape, Toshiro uses the Milkweed cords to bind the wizards' hands and tie them to the trunk of a nearby tree.

It won't hold them forever, but if they choose to leave, it will give them a head start.
Pursuit wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:55 am
The eco-wizard replies, ”You want lessons? You want to meet our master? Both are easily achieved, outsiders. Just wait right here, and you can have everything you desire.“
Toshiro gets an uneasy feeling. He's not sure who this master might be, but if the enemy is telling you to stay put, it is probably the last thing you want to do...

Toshiro catches Kuikku's eye after the statement and shakes his head. He then jerks his thumb toward the tunnel that leads toward the castle.

Better to take the fight to him than get ambushed here... Toshiro thinks.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 4/3 [/size]
+1 for hinderance - spiderbot phobia
+1 for slow GM :)
-1 for shooting Clayman

Edit Signature

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:40 am

Deezy Klatta wrote:She tosses the contraption over to Norona, where it thuds into the muddy earth. It buzzes briefly, and wobbles...then ports open up all over its surface, and a bunch of what look like weird silvery spiders come streaming out. On closer inspection, they are actually tiny machines. Deezy shines a little laser pointer onto Norona, and the swarm of metal bugs marches over to him and moves up under his clothes to the T-rex tooth marks.

And then they begin to sew. As tiny and dextrous as they are, the process is not nearly painful as one might imagine...but it does come with the unpleasantness of feeling like one's wounds are being doused in an ant colony.
Kuikku winces slightly. "That looks sort of creepy but I guess if it works." He shrugs and watches as Toshiro ties up the prisoners.

[quote="Toshiro 'Cybermonk']
Pursuit wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:55 am
The eco-wizard replies, ”You want lessons? You want to meet our master? Both are easily achieved, outsiders. Just wait right here, and you can have everything you desire.“
Toshiro gets an uneasy feeling. He's not sure who this master might be, but if the enemy is telling you to stay put, it is probably the last thing you want to do...

Toshiro catches Kuikku's eye after the statement and shakes his head. He then jerks his thumb toward the tunnel that leads toward the castle.[/quote]

Kuikku nods in agreement. He looks around the area then briefly stares at the tunnel. "Everyone make sure you are loaded up with whatever you need. Let's go talk to this 'master' shall we? Maybe he will give us answers instead of cryptic nonsense." With that he checks the e-clips in his pistol and heavy laser rifle which he then holsters and slings respectively. He then places a few wooden stakes around his waist and hangs his cross outside his armor.

Patting everything one last time to check location and availability he nods at Norona and starts walking towards the tunnel. "This should be interesting."
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Norona » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:58 pm

As they prepare to enter the tunnel Norona, relays the information on the Clay Men.

"It is likely we will encounter these Clay Men in this tunnel. Be aware of movement from above and below as well as left and right. They have no known weaknesses but as subterranean beings bright light may disorient them. Be wary."
Status
1 wound
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:18 pm

GM Admin Update: The new Q starts tomorrow, and I’ll put up a post and a poll for the party to decide your next move. You can head into the tunnels, wait where you are, head for the castle, or take some other action I haven’t thought of. You’re free to keep posting here in the meantime.

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:23 am

Toshiro looks quizzically at @Kuikku as he hangs what appear to be sharp sticks from his belt. While Toshiro ranged fairly far across north America with his father's caravans, he's never had need to learn to deal with vampires.

After catching the cybernights gaze, he pats his own belt at the location where Kuikku has hung the stakes and emphasizes his confused expression.

After the cybernight (presumably) explains, Toshiro looks at Retribution, suddenly concerned that maybe he isn't appropriately armed for the fight to come. He gestures toward the stakes, holds up a single finger, and pats his own stakeless belt.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 4/3 [/size]
+1 for hinderance - spiderbot phobia
+1 for slow GM :)
-1 for shooting Clayman

Edit Signature

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:26 am

Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 0

With the fight with the dinosaurs over, Sierra tucked herself away in the wrecked vehicle to nurse her injuries with moonshine. Someone mentioned clay men monsters.

“Clay cracks when it’s hot,” she muttered.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 3: 3
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 5: 3, 2 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

(1 Wound, no penalties)(Day 2)
Liquid Courage: Vigor d12, Toughness: 15 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Injury: Guts, Broken: Agility reduced to d4 (goes away when healed)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 22/40
Bennies: 3/3
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Toshiro 'Cybermonk' wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:23 am
Toshiro looks quizzically at @Kuikku as he hangs what appear to be sharp sticks from his belt. While Toshiro ranged fairly far across north America with his father's caravans, he's never had need to learn to deal with vampires.

After catching the cybernights gaze, he pats his own belt at the location where Kuikku has hung the stakes and emphasizes his confused expression.

After the cybernight (presumably) explains, Toshiro looks at Retribution, suddenly concerned that maybe he isn't appropriately armed for the fight to come. He gestures toward the stakes, holds up a single finger, and pats his own stakeless belt.
Kuikku nods and points at the vehicles. "Check the back of the APC. I think Conrad made up a few dozen when we knew we were first heading into a fight with blood suckers. We should have several more left. If not let me know I will give you a pair of mine." Kukku then chuckles. "Of course, if this is a nest even a couple dozen may not be enough. I guess we will find out."
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Toshiro nods his appreciation to Kuikku and move to the APC. After a bit of rummaging around he locates a trunk full of the wooden stakes. He tests the tip of the first one he pulls, making sure it is still sharp and returns to Kuikku, a couple of stakes loaded in his robes and one in hand.

He inspects the sharpened stick intensely, looking for some sign of magic that would make it potent, but doesn't notice anything - not that he can sense such things anyway. It seems an odd chocie for the cybernight, compared to the plethora of higher tech weapons available. He looks tot he leader of their SET and just kind of randomly pokes the stake forward as if at an invisible enemy, than casts a questioning glance in @Kuikku's direction.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 4/3 [/size]
+1 for hinderance - spiderbot phobia
+1 for slow GM :)
-1 for shooting Clayman

Edit Signature

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:33 am

Toshiro 'Cybermonk' wrote:He looks to the leader of their SET and just kind of randomly pokes the stake forward as if at an invisible enemy, than casts a questioning glance in @Kuikku's direction.
Kuikku chuckles and nods. "Yep, something like that. Not sure why it works so well on vamps but it does. These and some magic stuff is really the only way to put 'em down for good." Kuikku looks into the tunnel as they approach but it is clear his sight is elsewhere. "After we got done with them and into town I went briefly to the a library to see what else I could find. Read a story where one took a direct hit from a boom gun and walked away from it with only its clothes the worse for ware."

He shrugs as they enter the tunnel. "I really don't expect to find any down here. The evil involved is more... advanced than simple undead. But, if there are some then those will throw better than my sword and will have more effect than my laser would. Better safe than sorry."
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

Post Reply

Return to “32nd SET Adventure Forum”