19. Do You Hear That?

Adventures of the Legion's 32nd Special Exploratory Team.
Post Reply
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 739
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Conditions

The storm calms almost as suddenly as it arose, leaving a buzzing in the team’s ears from the abrupt silence after so much tumult.

The night has brought a bit of cool with it (though not much), and a bit of a breeze. The waters themselves are still roiling from the tempest just passed, but with far less intensity.

Even without the cloud cover of the storm, night has fallen fully, imposing a -4 obscurement penalty on relevant rolls (unless offset by powers, visual enhancements, racial abilities, etc.).

The Scrappiest Place on Earth

The team gets across, but it’s a close thing. The combined martial prowess of Deezy, Sierra, Corad, Jameson, and the mysterious pilot of the Predator Power Armor, Miguel, keep the beasts at bay. White Castle’s encyclopedic knowledge of the world comes in handy as he actually managers to charm one of the summoned creatures, while Norona and Toshiro provide support to their companions, calling out weaknesses and directions. Kuikku gets a bit wet in the action, but does not get eaten, so that’s a solid win all around.

The Mountaineer, unfortunately, comes out worse for the wear, as its missile launcher suffered serious damage from the jaws of a deinosuchus.
Technical Difficulty: -4 to Use Missile Launcher
1d6 = 6: 6
Missile launcher suffers a Severe Failure, imposing a -4 to all attempts at using it.
As the team leaves the deepest water behind, the storm fades and the last deinosuchus disappears beneath the waves, seeming to dissolve into shadow.

The vehicles’ wheels touch solid ground, though the water is far from gone. It sits about waist-high, making movement difficult outside of the vehicles, but far from impossible. Terrain counts as difficult ground due to the water.

The vegetation thins out, leaving you with decent sight lines for the first time in hours. Less than a mile or so away, you see the outline of a medieval-style castle jutting out of the water against the night sky. The first floor or two appear completely submerged, and the remainder of the structure stretches up hundreds of feet into the sky.

The terrain slopes downwards in the general direction of the castle, with the water getting deeper as you get closer. Off to the party’s right about a hundred yards away is a sharp rise in the ground and what looks like a man-made opening leading underground. The entrance is only partially submerged, and it’s more than wide enough for both vehicles to enter side-by-side.
Entrance
Like this, but with water.
Underground Entrance.jpg
Underground Entrance.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 208 times
But before you can head towards the underground entrance, a mighty roar splits the air, followed by another!

Off to your left, perhaps 40 yards (20 game inches) distant, six human figures arise from the water. It’s hard to make out, given the darkness and their distance, but two of the figures blow on horns, each of which emits the roar of a separate dinosaur, and then throws something into the water. The other four figures stand protectively near the two horn-blowers, hefting shields and axes or swords.

Another roar splits the air, and the waters begin to swirl as a dinosaur bursts out of the ground! A moment later, another follows.

Where there had been nothing but undisturbed water, now two massive dinosaurs stand. As with the crocodile creatures, wisps of darkness leak from these dinosaurs eyes and mouths, and tendrils of it rise from their backs like steam.

One, a Tyrannosaur, and the other, a Triceratops, each roar and begin charging towards the team, closing the distance quickly!
T-Rex and Tri-Top.jpg
T-Rex and Tri-Top.jpg (10.12 KiB) Viewed 207 times
(Like this, except in a swamp and the T-Rex and Tri-Top are friends and want to eat/stomp/gore you guys.)

Action!
Action Cards:
  • Norona: 7S
  • Toshiro: 10H
  • Sierra: 5C
  • Deezy: KD
  • White Castle: 7D
  • Conrad/Jameson: 6H
  • Miguel: 5S, 6S
  • Kuikku: Red Joker!

Kuikku drew the red joker, so everyone gets a Benny and Kukku adds +2 to Trait and damage rolls this round.

You may choose to have your characters start any distance from the dinos; they are running towards you, so just narrate how close you’d like to be.

The players will all go first (in any order they choose) and then the bad guys.
Some Pertinent Dino Stats
T-Rex: Parry 6; Toughness 29(10); Size 7
Tri-Top: Parry 5; Toughness 28(12); Size 6

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:29 am

Fly 12
-2 MAP
Psionics 1d12-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 10: 6
Ace 1d6+10 = 12: 2
Darksight 6
-2 MAP
Psionics 1d12-2 = 6: 8
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 0

“Dinosaurs again?” Sierra said. She focused, and her eyes glowed with fire a bit as she began to see a bit into the infrared spectrum, allowing her to see in the darkness better. Then her fire wings erupted from her back and she launched out of the hatch and into the air. The dinosaurs wouldn’t be able to get her up here. Dinos couldn’t fly.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 2: 2
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 6: 4, 2 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

Darksight: -2 illumination penalty (3r)
Fly: Pace 6, Shroud: -1 to ranged attacks targeting her (3r)
(1 Wound, no penalties)(Day 2)
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Injury: Guts, Broken: Agility reduced to d4 (goes away when healed)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 22/40
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Card
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc."
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight and/or hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:38 am

Rolls
Shooting Rail Gun - ROF 3

Shooting T-Rex (-4 headshot, +2 offset by HJ roll, +2 Size, -2 unsteady platform, no Lighting Penalties)
1d10-2 = 7: 9 ---- Hit
Damage(+4 base, +4 headshot) 3d10+8 = 23: 1, 9, 5 AP 14

Shooting Summoner 1 (-2 Unsteady Platform, No Lighting penalties due to Nightvision)
1d10-2 = 3: 5 ---- Miss

Shooting Summoner 2 (-2 Unsteady Platform No Lighting penalties due to Nightvision)
1d10-2 = 8: 10
Ace! 1d10+8 = 12: 4 ---- Hit with Raise
Damage(+4 base): 3d10+4 = 29: 10, 8, 7 + 1d6 = 3: 3 = 32 AP14

Wild
1d6-2 = -1: 1
Toshiro doesn't hesitate when the dinosaurs appear, though in his mind, the beings who can summon such creatures are more dangerous than the creatures themselves. The thought of opening a dialogue with the newcomers doesn't even cross his mind as he open fires, rotating the turret up across the Tyrannosaurus's head and then back down toward the two summoners. The rounds tear into the Tyrannosaurus, but whether the shots cause actual damage or just infuriate it is not immediately apparent. The summoner in the middle of the arc gets lucky, as bullet strike water all around her but fail to make direct contact. Her friend is not nearly so lucky. The shots pound in his body and shoot out the other side, tearing gaping holes in the summoners torso and spraying a thick red mist into the area around him.


While Toshiro's hands focus on the shots a pair of cybernetic arms unfold from between where his ribs would be and reach up, opening the hatch to the Mountaineer and, once the shot is finished, pulling Toshiro up onto the roof. As Toshiro's real hands eject and replace the chip in his head with the martial prowess one from his pocket, the mechanical arms draw Retribution, who psychically sings praises at being released in Toshiro's head.

Now slay these foul beasts and the savages that would dare to stand against your might!

23 14AP Damage to T-Rex - 1 wound. 32 14AP damage to summoner (shredded?)
Last edited by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 3/3 [/size]
+1 for good writing
-1 for Shooting hippos
-1 to avoid the heat
+1 for Kuikku's joker
Aventure Cards:

Contact:
You have an old friend or acquaintance who can help, but may also ask for a favor

Love Interest: Cause a romantic interest in your character. Target helps to the best of their abilities, but causes trouble too.

Edit Signature

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Norona » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:36 am

Exalted Detect Arcana 5
Channelling 1d12 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
MaP -2
Norona peers at the newly summoned dinosaurs through his Lightforce TW goggles. Seeing they are the form from the restless spirits of deceased animals engages his sensibilities. "Putting the dead into service is truly an act of darkness."

Accelerating straight toward the T-Rex Norona suddenly leaps off of his hover cycle in mid-air and transforms into a massive dragon and flies directly toward the huge dinosaur.
Agility 6, success
Agility 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Shape Change 7, success
Channeling 1d12 = 9: 9
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
MaP -2
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 739
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 am

Soaks
T-Rex Soaks, uses one WC Benny
Eco-Wizard, used 2 WC bennies, but there was no soaking that
The Tyrannosaur roars its defiance as @Toshiro 'Cybermonk''s rounds glance off of its tough hide and it fixes its eyes on @Norona, now in dragon form and challenging the Rex's dominance!

Meanwhile, the eco-wizard targeted by Toshiro's rail gun blast is killed instantly in a gory display hardly fit for description.

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Deezy Klatta » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am

Deezy pops out of the roof hatch of the MHQ again, the Omniblaster set firmly against the epaulet of her armor. For a moment she sights down the barrel at the oncoming T-rex, but when she sees Norona going after it in draconic form (and WOW when could he do THAT??!!) she shifts her crosshairs to the Triceratops. And boy, she didn't want her shiny new headquarters to be on the wrong end of a charge from THAT guy! So she introduced him to a blast from the new, improved Omniblaster Mk2!

A red line briefly lit up between her weapon and the massive, flared head of the dinosaur. A laser beam that cut an ionized path through the atmosphere. The gun in its normal mode could follow that up with a huge bolt of charged particles that would strip atoms away from the target. But if she juiced it up a bit...

Oops! Goggles! Deezy quickly slapped her goggles down over her helmet faceplate, and hit the firing catch.

The world turned white.

With a hideous buzzing noise, and an electrostatic field strong enough that she could feel her arms prickling right through her armor, the Omniblaster discharged a bolt of lightning that twisted and writhed through the air...following the path of the laser beam to impact the Trike's noggin. An instant later thunder rolled across the battlefield as the air itself recoiled from the blast.

Deezy lowered her rifle and chortled. "I'll never get tired of that."

Rolls: Shooting 10, 36 dmg AP 2 vs Triceratops. 2 bennies, 5 PPE, inflicts 2 Wounds
BLAST IT, Y'ALL! 1d10+2 = 10: 8 or 1d6+2 = 7: 5, including range penalty and Joker bonus
Using Onslaught for 6d6+4 = 25: 3, 5, 2, 5, 1, 5 with AP 2, gun has 5 PPE left
Plus raise 1d6 = 1: 1
Jeez, not a single damage explosion? Nah. Benny that. 6d6+4 = 20: 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5
Oh, and we reroll the raise too... 1d6 = 2: 2
BLAW
Crazy bad rolls. Only one benny left. Bah, fine. One more time. 6d6+4 = 28: 3, 3, 1, 6, 6, 5
There it is Aces 2d6 = 7: 3, 4
And raise reroll 1d6 = 1: 1
Last edited by Deezy Klatta on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Kuikku » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Rolls: T-Rex takes one wound
Darksight: +2 Joker
Psionics: 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Success: 1/2 darkness penalties

Attack: +2 Joker, +2 Size, -2 darkness
Fighting: 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Hit

Damage:
Spirit: 3d10 = 21: 7, 6, 8
Strength: 1d6 = 4: 4
25 damage, AP 8: One wound

Deflection: +2 Joker
Psionics: 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Wild: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Success (Auto Raise): -4 to be hit with melee, -5 with range
Kuikku sighs in exasperation as he climbs out on top of the Mountaineer. I had Deezy put that water enchantment thinking we would be dealing with inches of water. Ankles or low calf, not thigh or chest. I am so tired of this swamp. He sees the bullets bounce of the T-Rex and Deezy's blast obscure the T-top. Knowing he has no opportunity to close to the barbarians fast enough instead he goes for the lizards. He triggers his dark vision and summons his sword, just one because he knows those things will be tough. Leaping from the top of the Mountaineer towards them he then slogs close enough to get a swing at the T-Rex. The blade strikes a solid hit. Kuikku then triggers his deflection and starts screaming and splashing in the water hoping to keep both dinos distracted.

Status
Parry: 8
Toughness: 20(8)
Wounds: 0
ISP: 17/20
Darksight: ½ Darkness penalty
Deflection: -4 Melee, -5 Ranged
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 739
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Soaking
T-Rex Soaks, spends another WC Benny
Tri-top Soaks 1 of 2 wounds, spends 1 WC Benny)


What initially seemed a nasty slash from Kuikku’s Psi-Sword turned out to be shallower than it initially seemed.

Deezy’s impressive light show seems to have an impact on the Triceratops, which lets out a pained cry, but charges on.

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by White Castle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Would love to get up close and study these pre-historic relics, but that will have to wait.

Still riding on the back of the MHQ, Castle has to change his position when @Deezy Klatta comes popping out of the hatch with her omniblaster leveled at the Triceratops.

Shooting 5 _
Aim: +2
Size: +2
Darkness: -2
Called Shot (eye): -4
[*] Shooting (1d10) 1d10 = 7: 7
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 8, AP 2
Wilk's 447 Rifle: 3d6, AP 2
[*] Damage (3d6) 3d6 = 8: 2, 5, 1
HEad shots are tricky and shooting at apples while the target is missing, is near insanity but Castle can't Brainiac his way out of this one. Dinosaurs can't be reasoned with, even if 100,000 years should have imparted some wisdom and intellect.

Miguel
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Miguel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:06 am

Miguel continues to hover in place. He points his laser at the T-Rex, going for a head shot.
Shooting 6, 23 damage AP 15
Shooting 1d12+1 = 2: 1
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 6: 5

Damage 3d10 = 19: 9, 4, 6 +4 from headshot

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Conrad » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:15 am

Notice
1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 3: 3

"Well, that's not going to just buff out chummers," as he reads the technical display, "that will take ages to fix."

As they approach the castle, the sight of it nags at Conrad.

knowledge history
1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 2: 2

At the point furthest of the vehicles from the Dinosaurs, they hear the roar

"Not relatives of yours are they big guy? Jameson asks, aiming her rifle out of the window to make sure she can hit her target


Jameson took careful aim with her rifle, ready to shoot the T-Rex in the eye.

Conrad pulls out his plasma rifle and opens fire on whichever dino is left and opens fire
Shooting 5 Damage 27 ignore AP on non-environmental shaken and 2 wounds
OOC Comments
Size +2
darkness -4
armour bonus +2
penalty reduction from armour +2
1d8+2 = 4: 2
1d6+2 = 5: 3
3d10 = 22: 9, 3, 10 ignore AP as Dinos not environmentally sealed ace 1d10 = 5: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 739
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:46 pm

T-Rex Soak
GM Benny to Soak for T-Rex after Miguel's hit: success
The Rex roars up at @Miguel, ignoring the laser blast.
Tri-Tops Soak
GM Benny: Takes 2 Wounds, Soaks 1
Tri-Tops now has 2 wounds
The Triceratops fares worse, as @Conrad's plasma blast envelops its head, getting into its eyes and mouth, and it screeches anew.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 739
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Dino Stomp!

The Triceratops lowers its head and barrels towards the Klattatech Mobile HQ.
Tri-Tops Rams the Mobile HQ for 36 MD, AP 6, Giving It 3 Wounds and Sending It Out of Control
Fighting 12, hit with a raise
10 (str) +6 (damage) +4 (gore) + 9 (raise damage, which aced) + 7 (collision damage) = 36 MD, AP 6
Collision damage: 7 (2d6 for each 5” of speed of Tri-Top) to the vehicle and to each of the occupants

Mark IX has 30(15) MDC armor= “shaken” and 3 wounds
1 out of control roll for meeting vehicle’s toughness: 8 - vehicle skids
Critical hit for first wound: 6 Chassis: The vehicle suffers a hit in the body with no special effects.
Critical hit for second wound: 5 Controls: The control system is hit. Until a Repair roll is made, the vehicle can only perform turns to one side (1–3 left, 4–6 right). This may prohibit certain maneuvers as well.
Critical hit for third wound: Chassis: The vehicle suffers a hit in the body with no special effects.

Tri-Tops takes 7 damage and 11 AP from the collision

Dropped a retroactive Benny for forgetting to roll to Unshake.
The Klattatech Mobile HQ shudders and skids sideways in the water with the incredible impact. The triceratops tears into the armored vehicle and through the side, opening a massive hole and showering the battlefield with shrapnel and parts!
For Deezy and Castle
You each take 7 damage.

Deezy needs to make an Agility roll at -2 or be thrown and take 2d6 additional damage.
Castle needs to make his Agility roll at -4 or be similarly thrown and take 2d6 additional damage.
Meanwhile, the Tyrannosaur attacks Norona Dragon!
Fighting
Fighting 8
Fighting 5 (spent 2 Bennies and couldn’t get above a 5!)

Hit: 12 (str) + 2 (damage) AP 8
Unfortunately for the Rex, it is not able to get it’s jaws in place for a solid enough hold on Norona, who managers to slip away essentially unscathed.

Round Two Action Cards
  • Sierra 2D
  • Deezy JH
  • Norona KC
  • Castle 9S
  • Conrad/Jameson 5C
  • Kuikku JC
  • Toshiro QS
  • Miguel 5C and 6D
  • Rex 10D
  • Tri-Top QD
  • Eco Wizard 4S
  • Mooks QC

Norona pulled the high card, so the players go first, in any order they choose.

Some Pertinent Dino Stats
T-Rex: Parry 6; Toughness 29(10); Size 7
Tri-Top: Parry 5; Toughness 28(12); Size 6; 2 Wounds (but she's extra big, so she can take an extra wound)

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Norona » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Fighting 6, 39 AP 4
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Damage
Strength 1d12+4 = 7: 3
Claws 3d6 = 7: 4, 1, 2
AP 4

Benny
Strength 1d12+4 = 8: 4
Claws 3d6 = 7: 1, 5, 1
AP 4

Benny
Strength 1d12+4 = 16: 12
Ace 1d12 = 8: 8
Claws 3d6 = 15: 5, 5, 5
AP4

T-Rex: Parry 6; Toughness 29(10); Size 7
Setting down on the ground Norona twists and turns away from the snapping jaws of the mighty T-Rex. He knows the animal is powerful but also only has one main weapon, it's massive mouth! Using the ability of his dragon form to fly Norona goes up to avoid the blow then lands on the creature's back digging in with mass dragon claws and giving a mighty roar for effect.

While he doesn't have a radio, his voice still works in this form, "It is time for these souls to rest!"
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 739
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 19. Do You Hear That?

Post by Pursuit » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Soak
GM Benny spent, soaked two wounds. One Wound left.


The Rex roars, clearly feeling the blows, but not as phased as it should be, with a dragon on its back.

Post Reply

Return to “32nd SET Adventure Forum”