Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:44 pm


Logmire 9 miles east
Claude 94 miles east
Shamlin -6 miles west
Dweomer 55 miles North

Conditions: snow, snow flurries, rough wind, ice
Leyline: parallel to the heroes about 2 miles away.
Time of day: tskes place during the day, but the events at the end of each post are about sunset.

The team had gotten smaller. It seemed Jones was going to provide security for Pender and Dismond Clad. Holly had never made it out of the vortex. Maybe Tsume too...
Pender's and Diamond clad waved goodbye to the 77th. They had the box that @Wittsen Dolgon had given them which held the night terror secured and had finally packed all their equipment. Pender’s eyes seemed sad at a farewell. After the team had saved his life he had worked tirelessly to bring them back, and now they were off again. He offered one last peice of information partly responding to Luke’s private conversation. “You should know, After Captain Claude Visted Shamlin in an effort help bring you back... He and Dahara had words. The legion cut him off, no more funding for his project. Claude was obsessed and the support personnel for the 77th were loyal as they come. Even without Tomorrow Legion support he the support staff finished the current tower he was working on, and built one more. The one 100 hundred miles east from here is supposedly the last.” Pender pulled his jacket tight around his colar trying to keep out the biting cold, “Last thing he told me was he had until the end of January to complete it.” He faltered for a moment as if wracked by a painful memory. As a note the end of January was about seven weeks away.

Diamomd Clad stepped in, warmly saying good bye. “ It was a simple pleasure to have met ye. We’ll get this box to saftey. If ye are ever in Gloom stop by the mayor’s office.” He lowered his voice as Pender got into one of the two vans. “Poor lad, Pender just was never the same after his assistant Mrs Dee died. A few month’s ago an assassin assulted Castle Refuge and planted bombs all over. A few folks lost their lives, including her. Nasty business.” He shook everyone’s hand and got in the driver seat and the van pulled out heading south its red rear brake lights the last anyone would see of it.
Mrs. Dee
anyone that knew of Pender Lumkiss knew he was always with his sharp witted no nonsense assistant Mrs Dee. Pender had always been a bit of a bumbling fool, and Mrs Dee had always been on hand to clarify things. It was little wonder he had changed, perhaps growing up to some extent without his partner.
C23112E2-0DDB-41F6-A76F-8266EDC7493E.jpeg
Ms. Dee
C23112E2-0DDB-41F6-A76F-8266EDC7493E.jpeg (31.64 KiB) Viewed 1810 times

The paint peeling Powder Blue VW van awaited the legions best. Its rear bumper was all but missing and the side door only latched shut if jammed by dragon strength. But at least it started and was just big enough to accommodate the team. The trunk had a few can’s of fuel called diesel and that was it. Its heater barely worked, and suspension made it feel like you were on a swaying ship. It handled like it looked... Poorly. If conditions were far from perfect it looked like it would be two days to the nearest village that promised a hot bath, and then about 10-12 days to reach Claude’s supposed location. The Key was in the ignition, and the van started, and snow started to fall. This was going to be a fun road trip.
Special Agent Smith
Deep cover assignments were the best. The freedom to do what you needed in the name of the tomorrow legion was where you excelled. Lets face it, the 77th just slowed you down. Two months in the super secret CS base Echo had given you a treasure trove of invaluable data. You tried to warn the legion and dweomer of the second hammer strike against Shamlin, but your warning was deemed to little too late. Maybe that was true, your mission was to work your way to the top and kill Llyboc. The legion did not often sanction assasinations, last time you knew was when they were up in arms about a Merc outfit called Black Company. Killing Llyboc would be your second time on a murder mission for them. So you had to be careful... Sometimes that meant letting good folks... well die. But sometimes not.

From your vantage point at the field officer desk, you saw some CS commandos bring in a prisoner. Last week they had brought in a pair of psi stalkers, but this one looked like a raven haired woman. They dropped her at your desk with a thud. Commando Warren grumbled, “ Found her lollygagging out east of Dweomer. Her equipment self destructed. Put up a good fight...” The commando stroked his jaw and slapped her across the face with an armored gauntlet. She stumbled into the desk, and Smith got a good look at her face. Mrs. Dee of the tomorrow legion. Personal attache to Captain Pender Lumkiss. Mrs. Dee was even one of the folks that had reccomended Smith for the deep cover assignments. On more than one occasion Mrs. Dee had been part of the recovery team sent to retrive Smith out of some tricky tight spots.

The CS commano laughed and muttered dragging Mrs. Dee behind him heading to what passed as the stockade, “This one won’t last a week eh?”

It took about a week and Smith found himself dodging guards on the way out of the secret coalition base along with with Mrs. Dee, and two psi stalkers that he could not have made the escaped with otherwise. From the reports he had been able to gather from his position at echo base he knew the Tomorrow Legion had for some reason set up a small outpost in the ruins of Shamlin. Seemed like a long shot but it was the only one you had, so out into the snowy lands the four of you traveled. That was until the foursome was assaulted by a large harry beast. In the confusion, the psi stalkers got separated and it was just Smith and Dee in the snowy wilds.

Mrs Dee’s lips were chapped with frost, the clothing she wore was barely better than braving the snow naked. It was too bad Smith could not have gotten a second set of dead boy armor. She stumbled in the snow drifts calling to Smith, “Smith... I... Its too cold Smith.” She tried to warm her hands with her breath shivering. The sound of something coming towards them could be faintly heard. Her dark eyes darted toward’s the horizon, “There Smith... I can see head lights.”

Feel free to jump in maybe with a support roll on any of the below tasks. Welcome back to the adventure!

Forshadowing, +1 benny. Need a badguy?
Feel free to sprinkle elements of the below into your posts. +1 benny if you do so. I definitely hint at some kind of Wendigo creature, that might just be more like ambiance than fact. Please leave the actual determination to if there Really is a wendigo up to the GM narrative (Feel free to couch your suspicions with doubt and maybes). If you need some interesting bad guy stuff to toss into your post feel free to use any of the below for a benny.
  • Large 20ft sized robot prints in the snow
  • Sets of boot prints in the snow.
  • An abandoned campsite ( maybe about 10-12 people sized)
  • An all terrain vehicle burnt out and destroyed by what looks like a high powered laser blast
Common kn, kn politics
Anyone who liked looking at legion field reports would recall a group of former Tundra Rangers gone bad operating in this area. They are lead by a leyline walker, Countess Marygold Haute who is rumored to desire a return to her Poutine making home in the north. Second in command is Maverick Hightower, a mega juicer who is rumored to have led a revolt against Julian during the juicer uprising. He is ambitious as they come. Also the group is supected to have purchased a Titan Robot Armor from the blackmarket.
Day 1 Travel: Each of the below checks need a player to take the lead roll and tell the story of how they are accomplishing the task. In a way we are all telling the story of how this day 1 of travel went. Each part needs a lead roll If all the rolls have a lead player any other players can roll support ( choose any skill roll at the same negatives as the lead roll, and each success and raise adds a +1 to the lead roll up to a max of +4).
  • Work together IC or in hangouts to figure who takes lead
  • Make lead rolls and support rolls, tell us the tale of how to venture towards Captain Claude and Logmire inside the Van. How do do approach your task?
  • Each character can only roll once!
GM note
Hi folks, I am going to try and use the TLFG travel rules. I am treating the VW bug as a mount/horse because it is not all terrain. Also the snow and icy road conditions (no roads) make it slow going. Still going by foot would add about a week’s worth of travel. Basically I am going to layout some narrative for a few tasks. Each member of the team can take one task, some tasks will give bonuses to other tasks. In the end the tasks all will affect a card draw to see if an encounter happens. You are supposed to do this each day. I might not do it each day necessarily. We will have to see how it goes.
NAVIGATOR (Typically made first, Required)
One character please make a Survival Check at -2 due to the snow and ice, as well as lack of patrols and limited amount of other Travlers, and Xanders guidance.
Rules
Each day of travel the Navigator makes a Survival check to guide the party. This critical task informs the following Quick Encounter checks (see Turn Order & Critical Actions under Quick Encounters in Savage Worlds).
  • „
  • Success: The party is headed in the right direction, no extra effect.
  • Raise: The following Lookout, Pilot, and Scout rolls are all made at a +1 bonus.
    Failure: The party wastes time traveling in circles or doubling back, making no meaningful headway.
  • Critical Failure: The group heads in the wrong direction and becomes lost. The Navigator must make a successful Survival roll at a −2 penalty to reorient the party at a subsequent date (checked once per day of Travel as usual, only if they realize they are lost—GM's discretion).
Ice... Snow... Lightly patrolled roads and few travlers made conditions far less than ideal. As you head east a pair psi stalkers pass the van with a slight wave. They are bundled from head to toe in furs trying to keep warm. As you pass one of them yells something at you. It sounded like, “Watch out for the Canadians. Something else too... We had to leave half our party behind. There is a Wendigo...”

The so called road was little more than an ancient game trail that over the years folks wanting to get from Shamlin to Logmire was icy and treacherous. The snow and wind picked up as the group headed out making following any kind of path more difficult. Fortunately the group had Xander, the little AI inside Luke’s suit. At one particular junction about halfway through the 1st days travel to Logmire the snow had wiped out any sign of the path and the group found themselves traveling across snow drifted crags and deadly drop offs. Fortunately the AI had some timely advice, ”Please make a left in 200 ft at the Hangman’s Noose... Go straight for 3 miles until you find yourself at the edge of a frozen lake. Stay on the switchback path and in 1000 feet prepare to stop...”
LOOKOUT (Required)
The Lookout makes a Notice roll at -3 (lack of patrols and few travelers, and storm conditions)
Rules for Look Out
  • Success: You keep a good watch. Draw for Encounters as normal.
  • Raise: The party cannot be ambushed by a random encounter (see Surprise in Savage Worlds).
  • Failure: Failure means each member of the party must check Agility or suffer a level of Fatigue from Bumps and Bruises (or Vehicle Fatigue for those driving vehicles). In an area with a Horror Factor of −2 or –3 a Wound is suffered instead (d4 Wounds at Horror Factor –4 or worse).
  • Critical Failure: As a failure, but the Agility checks are made at a –2 penalty and always result in Wounds.
Its pretty bleak out in the snow. A few travelers, and the blue moon Dweomer scouting party pass by. A wagon drawn horse and carriage pass near the van providing the look out a glimpse into their covered wagon. A human man was lying down with most likely his wife kneeling down beside him. The man looked torn up but still alive. His face had a huge claw mark racked across it. Their son, most likely, was driving the wagon, and tipped his hat trying to keep his warm parka tight to his body.

A bit in to the journey a four man scout team from Dweomer hailed the van. Their leader Miles Turner a friendly warm faced blue eyes sandy brown haired male human have you all a friendly hello, “Ello there.” He kept his warm knitted cap on and looked out into the snowy crags and ranges the van was headed towards, “Looks like ye hedin to Hangman’s noose... Be carful out there boys and girllies...” He laughed but contunued with some advice, “Its not a pleasent stretch, ice filled turns, blind barges, places all manner of evil can sneak up on ye. We’ve had some ports about a large beasty roaming, a Wendigo... Plus some odd tracks... We are not alone ye know?”

The patrol trudges away after some pleasantries and Hangman’s Noose beckons. A watchful eye indeed would need to be peeled. As the sun travers the sky the snow goes from white to blinding making picking out any kind of movement almost impossible. Then when you could see, the snow flurries renew providing a different kind of frosty impediment. Something in the snow moves!
PILOTS (Required for the Van)
This where you get to choose just how far you go. You can make two piloting checks representing six hours of travel each. Note: if you want to only travel six hours just make one check.
  • First six hours( half way to Logmire): make a driving check at -3 ( the path is barely marked, and the snow flurries, drifts, and ice make traveling that much harder.
  • Optional: another six hours of driving (All the way to Logmire): -6( the path is barely traveled, snow, and darkness)
Rules for Pilots
For every six hours of travel, Pilots must check Boating, Driving, or Piloting. This roll is made at no penalty for the first six hours of travel, and a cumulative −1 penalty per six hours of travel thereafter, see Vehicle Fatigue in the Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide for the ramifications of failing these rolls. Power armor clad characters must check Piloting at the Game Master's discretion (determined by the propulsion systems (i.e. flight, underwater, etc.) used during a journey).
The van handled like you were driving through mud on top of one of those old earth carnival whirly gigs. It was slippery and the snow seemed to cake the tires giving you almost no traction. Fortunately the path was lightly traveled. There was the occasional Jeep or ATV heading south. It seemed as if the storm was a clear indicator to most folks that travel was ill advisable.

One of the Jeeps that you drove passed had a dent in the front as if it had struck something large warping its front fender. Given how smokey the engine on the jeep was running whatever it had hit might have done more than just warp the font fender. Front seat was a woman cradling a baby wrapped in a blanket. A burley man was in the driver seat. He had wide wild eyes as if he had seen something. The two passed each other as the van made it to a stretch commonly called Hangman’s noose. Charitably called a road that went in between to mountains, it was filled with twists and turns dangerous in the summer, and lethal in the winter. The snow picked up as the van drove in, at one of these switchbacks where if you did not make the turn you would go into a gully something struck the van hard from the side! Out of the corner of the side mirror you thought you saw grey wild fur!
SCOUT (Optional)
Make a Stealth check at -3 (Path less traveled, snow flurries) to reconnoiter the path ahead of a traveling party.
Scout Rules
  • Success: The party is forewarned of what lies ahead. Draw for Encounters as normal.
  • Raise: the party may draw two encounter cards from the Action Deck and choose the result (see Encounters under Travel in Savage Worlds).
  • Failure: The GM draws two encounter cards from the Action Deck and chooses the result (see Encounters under Travel in Savage Worlds).
  • Critical Failure: The GM rolls on the Trouble table, complicated by a roll of If Things Weren't Bad Enough and The Plot Thickens per the Rifts® Game Master's Handbook.
With so much snow and blinding flurries it made sense to have someone go out ahead of the Van to scout the way. But something wasn’t right. The few people the group passed seemed to have encountered something, some kind of trouble. That is what needed to be scouted.

Hours in it was cold, colder than it had any right to be. The snow was a good two feet deep, and maybe only 10 feet of visibility at the worst of the flurries. As the sun began to set the shadows around made it seem as if creatures were abound. The nearby trees stretched out their limbs as if alive and hungry. The wind was howling so hard as the group approached the downward path known as Hangman’s Noose. You thought perhaps on the wind were also howls of animals. Caught in the fading sunlight a shadow eclipsed you unexpectedly... Something large could be behind you, but perhaps from your perch it had not yet seen you!”
Attachments
FA5BCBCB-B30F-4570-8E38-E005502FCE57.jpeg
FA5BCBCB-B30F-4570-8E38-E005502FCE57.jpeg (58.17 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
49B1C895-EDB8-4875-9C89-DA010D2CCD37.jpeg
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Just once more in a long lifetime of wanting and trying to master ley lines, Luke wished he had the mean to travel their destinations quickly. No luck on this trip either and it was going to be a cold one. Sometime he wished he had been able to do more for the Gemini Demon Shifter Slave in the Splynn Dimensional Market, something more than introduce him to key elements of the Liberation Force. He would need to find a means to follow up with Vrothuss and his sister Leonea.

Back tot he task at hand. The transport out of Shamlin would do its job or just barely do it to the next town. Luke had a challenge ahead of him. While the others were getting themsleves organized he began tinkering with what he could find and salvage from the wreckage of Shamlin.
  • First was spare parts.
  • Second was acquainting himself with the vehicle.
  • Third was milking it so the team got the most of this old beater.
Luke said his peace to @Pender Lumkiss and promised Diamond that there would be a visit to Gloom, soon. There really was not time to say more. It was just too cold for it.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 pm

The arduous task of searching begins. The CS were thorough deathly thorough.

Notice 12 _
[*] Notice (1d10) 1d10 = 10: 10
[*] Aced! Notice (1d10+10) 1d10+10 = 12: 2
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
No bodies remained and every building was leveled to the ground and then some. Huge craters littered the landscape and finding the former buildings and their respective makes and models was a serious challenge. Thank the Forge for Xander.

Scrounger 4 _
Scene Modifer -2
Investigator +2
[*] Streetwise (1d8) 1d8 = 2: 2
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Sgt results: you find enough good spare parts to do two minor repairs or one moderate repair on the vehicle. The van is in bad shape, you seriously wonder as Pender snd Diamond drive off if someone is playing a cruel joke on you. As you inspect and become more familiar with the deathtrap you find a small box hidden inside one of the hub caps. Opening it... The Infinity Sphere twinkles and off camera so does Diamond Clad’s eye.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:29 pm

<<Xander, patch me a freq to only Diamond. Hijack his Techno-ware if you have to.>>

Luke pulls @Antipas and @Cassiopeia aside and displays the orb. "If you can soup up this ride, you might be able to use this for power."

One moderate upgrade, Luke goes after the suspension.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:19 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2
wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Politics 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
The journey so far had not been as Wittsen imagined it would be. It was cold. It was uncomfortable. Not a lay line in site for him to study. He busied himself in the back seat routinely commenting on the surround landscape. Something about the area was vaguely familiar as if he was supposed to remember something important about this region.... But nevermind if it was important he was sure it'd come up sooner or later.

But the most annoying thing of all was he kept thinking he could hear a thumping sound. Sometimes it was coming from the east and sometimes from west. Every time he wiped his head around to look he couldn't see anything. Blasted snow!
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Alenysturathe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:30 pm

Driving 7
-3 difficulty
Driving 1d4-5 = -3: 2
Wild 1d6-5 = 1: 6
Ace 1d6+1 = 2: 1
Bennie for Extra Effort and Elan 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Road to Logmire
Night
Round 0

Alenysturathe saw the van and squealed. “Oh! It’s so cute!” she said. “I call driver!” she insisted, shrinking down to human form. She jumped behind the wheel and studied the dashboard. “What’s this do?” She turned the key, and the van engine coughed to life. “Yay! I got it to start!”
OOC Comments
Alenys can only stay human for 8 hours, so she can only do half the driving. As a dragon,she’s pretty useless in these challenges except as lookout. Sorry.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 6/10; PPE: 6/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 4 eclips, 0 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 8/8 hours
Bennies: 4/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Antipas » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:34 pm

Luke wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:29 pm
Luke pulls @Antipas and @Cassiopeia aside and displays the orb. "If you can soup up this ride, you might be able to use this for power."
Antipas can't believe his eyes, an Infinity sphere! "Didn't some friend of yours d-shift a major research station to parts unknown with one of those? Should we try to hook it up to some near stone-age internal combustion garbage?"

FUCK!Shit that could warp space time made the undead slayer very uncomfortable. Even in the best of hands they were a trouble magnet. "Where did...? Eh! " Actually flustered by the revelation he has to take a moment to regain his composure.

"So... now we also have to find somewhere safe to put that huh? Damn the Fates."

Alenysturathe wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:30 pm
Alenysturathe saw the van and squealed. “Oh! It’s so cute!” she said. “I call driver!” she insisted, shrinking down to human form. She jumped behind the wheel and studied the dashboard. “What’s this do?” She turned the key, and the van engine coughed to life. “Yay! I got it to start!”
Scout challenge lead 8
Modifiers: scene -3
Stealth 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Ace 1d6+3 = 8: 5
Wild 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Surprise and relief pass over the Atlanteans face. "I'm glad one of us knows how to operate this primitive shitbox. I'll range ahead and scout for trouble." If the weather discomfited him in any way, Antipas didn't show it, pushing out into the snow and ahead of the van like it was a summer day. Moving into the woods he is like a ghost in the snow storm.

It's not long before he comes on something of interest, two figures moving towards the van. He slips up on them activating the arcane detection in his glasses to gage their threat and is surprised to recognize ones aura. Smith? Well that's a sur.. the thought trails off, it really wasn't a surprise given the "day" the team had had.

Approaching them he clears his throat loudly before breaking cover. Smith cool as ever turns, sees Antipas, and nods as if he too should have expected this. Ms. Dee's reaction however is less cool, despite the throat clearing she reacts with a startled, but accurate, center mass shot with her laser pistol.

Pas looks down at the new hole in his jacket and the unmarked flesh beneath then back up at Ms. Dee. "Rude way to ask for a ride Ms. Dee." Then he talks over his comm, "Team we have a couple of friendlies that need a lift." Then to @Smith he gives the briefest sitrep of all time. "Two months in a fade dimension, still on our way to Claude."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Antipas wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:34 pm
Luke wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:29 pm
Luke pulls @Antipas and @Cassiopeia aside and displays the orb. "If you can soup up this ride, you might be able to use this for power."
Antipas can't believe his eyes, an Infinity sphere! "Didn't some friend of yours d-shift a major research station to parts unknown with one of those? Should we try to hook it up to some near stone-age internal combustion garbage?"

FUCK!Shit that could warp space time made the undead slayer very uncomfortable. Even in the best of hands they were a trouble magnet. "Where did...? Eh! " Actually flustered by the revelation he has to take a moment to regain his composure.

"So... now we also have to find somewhere safe to put that huh? Damn the Fates."
”Yeah Luke, I’m not sure that vehicle has enough structural integrity to handle a fraction of the power that thing probably puts out. I’m all for keeping it around, but I’m not sure this hunk of junk is the best use for it.”
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:44 pm
The paint peeling Powder Blue VW van awaited the legions best. Its rear bumper was all but missing and the side door only latched shut if jammed by dragon strength. But at least it started and was just big enough to accommodate the team. The trunk had a few can’s of fuel called diesel and that was it. Its heater barely worked, and suspension made it feel like you were on a swaying ship. It handled like it looked... Poorly. If conditions were far from perfect it looked like it would be two days to the nearest village that promised a hot bath, and then about 10-12 days to reach Claude’s supposed location. The Key was in the ignition, and the van started, and snow started to fall. This was going to be a fun road trip.
Alenysturathe wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:30 pm
Alenysturathe saw the van and squealed. “Oh! It’s so cute!” she said. “I call driver!” she insisted, shrinking down to human form. She jumped behind the wheel and studied the dashboard. “What’s this do?” She turned the key, and the van engine coughed to life. “Yay! I got it to start!”
Cass watches Alenys bounce into the driver’s seat with a smile on her own weary face. Oh to have such excitement.

”SHOTGUN!” she cries out, remembering an old vid she used to watch. She climbs in the front passenger seat and leans forward to see the ground right on the other side of the windshield. It’s been a while since she’s been in a transport without some sort of nose cone.

She straps on the seatbelt, not that it’ll add much protection from the rusting exterior if they roll or hit something, but the snug bands are comforting. At the very least, it’ll keep in her in her seat as the van sways and bumps down the road ... and she uses that term loosely.

”You keep us moving, Red and I’ll keep an eye out for monsters and roadside attractions.”

Lead on Lookout Task
Notice 1d8-3 1d8-3 = -2: 1
Wild 1d6-3 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Crit Fail.
It doesn't take long for the events of the day and the gentle swaying of the van to begin to lull Cass into a relaxed, sleepy state. She notices a covered wagon pass them... which considering they have more than 2 horsepower with their combustion engine, really says something about Al's driving. She thought she saw an injured man in the back of the wagon, but her eyelids felt so heavy. In practically no time at all, Cass is fast asleep, her face smashed up against the window glass, drooling slightly and snoring.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Tsume » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:15 pm

Navigator Check 9
survival 1d8-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
wild ace 1d6+4 = 9: 5
notice
notice 1d4 = 2: 2
wild 1d6 = 3: 3
common kn
common kn 1d6 = 3: 3
wild 1d6 = 4: 4
"We need to head to Claude then? And he is to the east." Tsume looks around a bit to get her barings and then points to the east. "So we need to go that away."

"Is everyone here? Where is Holly?"

OOC Note: Please imagine she is saying this with her cat accent.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:35 am

What throws Luke off the most about this road trip is the ease that the team is able to move about in the VW Van. Luke is pretty big and if @Alenysturathe forgets herself and reverts to being a dragon, well she would be wearing some spotty armor at best.

Grateful that he was able to enhance the suspension of the van, Luke looks around to attend to other needs.

First is the need for lookout assistance, which he gladly is able to task Xander with because there seems to be another concern.

Support Cass @ Lookout, Notice 15 _
Scene Modifier: -3
[*] Notice (1d10) 1d10 = 10: 10
[*] Aced! Notice (1d10+10) 1d10+10 = 18: 8
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
When he is able to get away from lookout duty, he begins attending to his medical responsibilities. Where he is able he treats wounds, offers nourishment and water, and over sees their psychological well being.

Medical assessment: Wound and Fatigue status please.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Stoic » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:05 pm

Smith stands there, shivering. He is wearing leather pants, a feather boa and a pair of ragged shoes. Standing next to him is someone wearing ill-fitting dead boy armor. Smith glances back nervously and looks relieved to see his companions. He grins sheepishly. "Mind if we hitch a ride?"


After squeezing their way in, Smith uses his abilities as an assassin to help find the proper path and scout out any dangers. The car stops every few hours and the crew rest up as Smith ranges around, looking out for trouble. While they travel during the day he sleeps, keeping this shift up as long as he can.
OOC Comments
Stealth 1d8-1 = 7: 8
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 3: 4
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by HollyTalayuki » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:28 am

-Holly races towards the group transformed and in her full run following the tracks knowing she was behind but she needed to be there for them so she followed any tracks and kept as fast a pace as she could manage since the cold weather storms didn't really bother her she hoped they would slow them down a bit so she could catch up and she howls loudly to let them know she got out of the vortex alive.. although not unscathed emotionally and a little drained. She was on the way to help them because she promised to be there for them.. Luke..Antipas..Cass..and everyone else. -

-As Holly approaches she keeps look out naturally to try to help the group since she knows very little about where they are going or why and what may be lurking out here. She spots some weird trail markings in the snow she recognizes that they have some sharp claws and they are large like her transformed size and seeing the snow she wonders if there is some creature like her who loves the snow?... No way it could be a Talayukian.. too far off world and incredibly random given their scarcity and there's a ton of large creatures so she shrugged it off a bit but she was curious since she never really saw many large beasts in other words and she always loved seeing beings with fur as it made her feel connected since she has had such few interactions. She keeps watch for anything the could pose a threat while enjoying the snow storms that remind her of the best relaxing days on her home world enjoying the temperatures that are natural to her.
Notice Check
1d4 = 1: 1
Wild
1d6 = 2: 2

-As she got closer she waved and gives a soft yell nearby at Antipas and Cass to get their attention before shrinking down and putting on the translator and making sure her claws are on and adjusted as she meets up with them and speaks through the translator- "Sorry I'm late and about the whole I'm likely trapped in some other realm thing.. body got the best of me.. I was so tired but I'm here to help.. with whatever this is... That damage was... Heart breaking..Shamlin... plus... Would suck if I didn't bring back the borrowed translator right?.. " -She laughs a bit nervously hoping they would be glad to have her back to help but knowing she is still a bit new to the team.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:39 am

Halfway to Logmire (approx 6 miles out)
Claude 88 miles east
Shamlin -6 miles west
Dweomer 56 miles North

End of day 1 of travel.


Mrs. Dee is almost frozen, but she nods her thanks for the rescue. Her lips were nearly blue and her teeth clattered, “Th... Thanks for the pick up. W... We woukd have d... d... died.” Her fingers brushed against smith’s steamy chest. For all the biting frosty cold Smith’s chest was a balmy 83 degrees and the frost just seemed to melt at the sight of it. For most of the ride she remained as close to a heater as possible with her eyes closed and mumbling.

The group’s blue colored frost bitten van with a side ways VW emblem, just barely hanging on, make it about 6 miles in the snowy crossroads between Shamlin and the village of Logmire as they continue their eastward trek towards Captain Claude’s last known position (edge of the fed of magic and the shemarian nation territory). Despite the sighting of some heavy footfalls of some kind of large robot armor, the ocassional laser ravaged remains of a vehicle, and the blue moon frozen body shreded in the snow, the group made there way through the day coming to a little patch of woods As night fell. As if on cue the vehicle sputtered and whatever propelled it seemed to die. Any good super tech smith would know it just need a bit of rest and TLC.

Inside the heater died and the steering wheel needed just about a dragon’s strength to turn left or right. Without the heater the desolate chill of these winter wonderlands seeped in full blast. The vehicle came to a slow stop neatly parking itself headlomg into a soft snow bank with a quiet lurch, just enough to wake a sleepy lookout. In the encroaching darkness a single campfire could be made out not more than 200ft away. Four tents, a Mountaineer that had seen some scapes along the way were nestled near the camp. What looked like a defunct or cobbled together light laser was mounted on the top of the mountaineer it swiveled towards the unmoving van.

Shadows swirled around the camp. A voice cried, “Its those Canadian Tundra fuckers!”

A decidedly smarter and feminine voice yelled back, “In that peice of shit? It just gave out Levi! Hold your fire!”

A small group of people came out, they looked to be wearing all manner of cobbled together gear. A helm from the t-11 put on huntsman armor with a set of greaves that looked almost chain mail in nature. A woman with blond hair waved at the bus while four others with her trained long rifles with modified stocks and barrels on the van. they were positioned with relatively good cover behind a snow bank.

She called, “Hello there? The name is Selina Wroughtright. We don’t want any trouble, just a few golden age smithies heading to Dweomer looking for a better life. Who are you? The woman paused and squinted in the darkness exclaiming, ”Tsume?”
Antipas And Smith
You had come across their camp a minute or so before The rest of the group arrived. You had found a nice spot on the southern edge of their camp to watch them. They seemed to be making a hearty meal at the camp fire, you would guess there was maybe about 9 adults (1 always manning the laser turret) and three kids (2 boys and a girl). You saw a few folks tinkering with msc peices of gear. Interesting something was jamming your communications. If you have the right kind of equipment, You can make a kn electronics roll to determine if it was inside the camp or outside the camp. A raise will pinpoint the source.

As the van pulled up with a soft crash into a snow bank. You saw an individual take the kids into the mountaineer, while a group of four headed to meet the van. Four other grabbed what looked like modified rocket launchers. Prerift tech, with a army green color to the launchers. You can just make out the word USA on some of the rocket tubes.
Dragons and Talayukians
When you first post please indicate clearly what shape you are in when you initially say hello.
Tsume
+1 benny for a short little story(maybe a paragraph) about how you ran across a ways back a golden age smithy by the name of Selina Woughtright.
Super Scientists and Technowizards
The vehicle just needs a little loving, probably about four hours worth of work on the engine and it will be right as rain, if rain was a decrepit old rusty engine block.

It is also interesting the gear these folks sport. Armor are cobbled peices thrown togther but really well done and executed. The weapons seem low tech from an age passed, but they are heavily modified to suit the modern sge.
Cold
With no heat source within the hour the team will start to feel the effects of a seeping, draining cold.
Radios
As soon as you pull up to the camp they are not working...
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Antipas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:55 pm

[/quote]
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:39 am
Halfway to Logmire (approx 6 miles out)
Claude 88 miles east
Shamlin -6 miles west
Dweomer 56 miles North

End of day 1 of travel.


Mrs. Dee is almost frozen, but she nods her thanks for the rescue. Her lips were nearly blue and her teeth clattered, “Th... Thanks for the pick up. W... We woukd have d... d... died.” Her fingers brushed against smith’s steamy chest. For all the biting frosty cold Smith’s chest was a balmy 83 degrees and the frost just seemed to melt at the sight of it. For most of the ride she remained as close to a heater as possible with her eyes closed and mumbling.
"Yeah you would have, the fuck you doing in the field?" But instead of waiting for an answer Antipas waves her towards the van. "Forget it, you can fill us in on whatever shitstorm is probably following you when we make camp." He is a bit alarmed to see Penders gal Friday so far from the castle and looking roughed up. Probably something to do with whatever op Smith was reassigned to and while he was curious to know what that was he had other concerns to focus on.

"When you're feeling a bit defrosted I could use another set of eyes out here Smith."
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:28 am

-As she got closer she waved and gives a soft yell nearby at Antipas and Cass to get their attention before shrinking down and putting on the translator and making sure her claws are on and adjusted as she meets up with them and speaks through the translator- "Sorry I'm late and about the whole I'm likely trapped in some other realm thing.. body got the best of me.. I was so tired but I'm here to help.. with whatever this is... That damage was... Heart breaking..Shamlin... plus... Would suck if I didn't bring back the borrowed translator right?.. " -She laughs a bit nervously hoping they would be glad to have her back to help but knowing she is still a bit new to the team. [/b]
A smile of relief flashes across the undead slayers face and he gives her a nod. "Good to see you alive Holly, we'd feared the worst and with the weather had little time to search. Rest up a bit then maybe trail break for the van, this snow's getting deep and that thing is junk." He then vanishes back into the curtain of white freezing death that had descended on their corner of the world.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:39 am

You had come across their camp a minute or so before The rest of the group arrived. You had found a nice spot on the southern edge of their camp to watch them. They seemed to be making a hearty meal at the camp fire, you would guess there was maybe about 9 adults (1 always manning the laser turret) and three kids (2 boys and a girl). You saw a few folks tinkering with msc peices of gear. Interesting something was jamming your communications. If you have the right kind of equipment, You can make a kn electronics roll to determine if it was inside the camp or outside the camp. A raise will pinpoint the source.

As the van pulled up with a soft crash into a snow bank. You saw an individual take the kids into the mountaineer, while a group of four headed to meet the van. Four other grabbed what looked like modified rocket launchers. Prerift tech, with a army green color to the launchers. You can just make out the word USA on some of the rocket tubes.

Shadows swirled around the camp. A voice cried, “Its those Canadian Tundra fuckers!”

A decidedly smarter and feminine voice yelled back, “In that peice of shit? It just gave out Levi! Hold your fire!”

A small group of people came out, they looked to be wearing all manner of cobbled together gear. A helm from the t-11 put on huntsman armor with a set of greaves that looked almost chain mail in nature. A woman with blond hair waved at the bus while four others with her trained long rifles with modified stocks and barrels on the van. they were positioned with relatively good cover behind a snow bank.

She called, “Hello there? The name is Selina Wroughtright. We don’t want any trouble, just a few golden age smithies heading to Dweomer looking for a better life. Who are you? The woman paused and squinted in the darkness exclaiming, ”Tsume?”
When they first come apon the campers Antipas assumes they're innocent travelers and tries to let the team know but the radio interference gives him pause. So he decides that just in case they are ambushers Smith and himself will wait in counter ambush. When the reaction of the group to the arrival of the bulk of the 77th is more fearful than hostile his opinion reverts to the original assessment.

Still he decides to get closer before he makes himself known, that way if they do shoot him with some ancient rockets they would at least hit themselves as well. So he slips up and when he's nearly within arms reach of a rocket bearer he clears his throat loudly.

"We also want no trouble. We are the 77th community infrastructure team of the Tomorrow Legion." To their credit several of the camp guards maintain their focus on the van after a quick glance back. Others turn to face the 6'6" mass of muscle and weapons the seemed to have materialized in their camp. His hands are out to his sides, empty and in plain view. "I am Antipas Komnenoes, if we could share your camp we will defend you as our own. If not we will effect our repairs if possible and leave you in peace."

Vigor vs cold and exhaustion, 10
Vigor 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Alenysturathe » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Road to Logmire
Night
Round 0

OOC: Alenys still has 2 hours left as a human before she needs to revert to dragon form.

IC:

“Hello!” Alenys greeted gregariously as she got out from the VW van that no longer worked. She eyed the campers with their odd weapons trained on them. Antipas pulled his little Batman maneuver and appeared behind them in the midst of their camp and introduced the team.

“I’m Alenys!” The redheaded teen gave a wave. “You mind if we share your fire while we try and fix our van?” Mrs. Dee still looked pretty chilled, and Alenys put her arm around her to try and share some of her dragon warmth, even though she was human right now.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 10/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 4 eclips, 0 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 8/8 hours
Bennies: 4/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:15 pm

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:28 am
As she got closer she waved and gives a soft yell nearby at Antipas and Cass to get their attention before shrinking down and putting on the translator and making sure her claws are on and adjusted as she meets up with them and speaks through the translator-"Sorry I'm late and about the whole I'm likely trapped in some other realm thing.. body got the best of me.. I was so tired but I'm here to help.. with whatever this is... That damage was... Heart breaking..Shamlin... plus... Would suck if I didn't bring back the borrowed translator right?.. " -She laughs a bit nervously hoping they would be glad to have her back to help but knowing she is still a bit new to the team.
“Oh Holly! You made it!” Cass smiles tiredly and wraps her arms around the girl in welcome and a bit of worried relief . “But youngin, you’re going to freeze in that form. Put your big furry coat back on.” she points a thumb back at the van. “We’re going to need all the warmth we can get if this bucket of rust clunks out on us.”
Stoic wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:05 pm
Smith stands there, shivering. He is wearing leather pants, a feather boa and a pair of ragged shoes. Standing next to him is someone wearing ill-fitting dead boy armor. Smith glances back nervously and looks relieved to see his companions. He grins sheepishly. "Mind if we hitch a ride?"
Cass has a bit of resting bitch face. She takes a long look at the half frozen woman and Smith still not wearing a shirt and then looks down at her own tattered clothes. Finally she swings her gaze to Luke, who’s been poking her relentlessly since they started driving to keep her awake. Her bitch face seems to be seeping into her voice as well. ”Did you happen to find any usable clothing while you were scavenging?”
She motions for Dee to climb in and sit on the floor in the middle of the van where everyone’s body heat and the heater can try to thaw her out.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:39 am

Inside the heater died and the steering wheel needed just about a dragon’s strength to turn left or right. Without the heater the desolate chill of these winter wonderlands seeped in full blast. The vehicle came to a slow stop neatly parking itself headlong into a soft snow bank with a quiet lurch, just enough to wake a sleepy lookout.

Quietly, under her breath, Cass lets out a string of profanity that would have made her cousin proud if he were in the vehicle to hear it. After a deep breath she squares her shoulders and looks out at the twinkling light she’d thought she’d dreamed.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:39 am
In the encroaching darkness a single campfire could be made out not more than 200ft away. Four tents, a Mountaineer that had seen some scapes along the way were nestled near the camp. What looked like a defunct or cobbled together light laser was mounted on the top of the mountaineer it swiveled towards the unmoving van.

Shadows swirled around the camp. A voice cried, “Its those Canadian Tundra fuckers!”

A decidedly smarter and feminine voice yelled back, “In that peice of shit? It just gave out Levi! Hold your fire!”

A small group of people came out, they looked to be wearing all manner of cobbled together gear. A helm from the t-11 put on huntsman armor with a set of greaves that looked almost chain mail in nature. A woman with blond hair waved at the bus while four others with her trained long rifles with modified stocks and barrels on the van. they were positioned with relatively good cover behind a snow bank.

She called, “Hello there? The name is Selina Wroughtright. We don’t want any trouble, just a few golden age smithies heading to Dweomer looking for a better life. Who are you? The woman paused and squinted in the darkness exclaiming, ”Tsume?”
Antipas wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:55 pm
"We also want no trouble. We are the 77th community infrastructure team of the Tomorrow Legion." To their credit several of the camp guards maintain their focus on the van after a quick glance back. Others turn to face the 6'6" mass of muscle and weapons the seemed to have materialized in their camp. His hands are out to his sides, empty and in plain view. "I am Antipas Komnenoes, if we could share your camp we will defend you as our own. If not we will affect our repairs if possible and leave you in peace."
Cass is just climbing out of the van when she hears Antipas introduce their shambling little party. She snorts loudly at ‘Community Infrastructure’, but manages to turn it into a believable coughing fit. She moves herself in close to the other side of Mrs. Dee from Alenys, hoping that if they keep the poor gal snuggled between the two of them with the van at their backs, she’d be kept as warm as possible.

During the exchange of introductions, she keeps one eye on the guns, but glances around to see where Holly is and how she’s doing in the face of these new strangers.
Vigor vs Cold & Exhaustion 4
Vigor = 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild = 1d6 = 4: 4
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:34 pm

Luke has been monitoring the van's mechanical functions and is about to get out and start dragging the vehicle when they touch down in a bank of snow. The moment the van stops moving, Xander pipes up, <<Ambient temperature is dropping fast.>>

<<Good to know. Time to get to work.>>

As he is about to climb out of the van he hears the voice of the camp leader and then @Cassiopeia asking about clothing.

First to Cass, "Sorry, Cass. All I found was this sphere." He pats near his waist.

When he hears the woman's voice from the camp, he looks back to Cass, "We may very well have a solution for you and Ms. Dee."

Stepping completely out of the vehicle and standing to his full armored height, Luke survey's the scene around him. The cold, well it's cold and without his exoskeleton and Xander he would likely be in a worse spot than those in the freezing van interior.

Luke raises a hand and waves to @Antipas and over team freq, "We will need an hour or so to troubleshoot the van's situation. Can you buy us that much time?"

Surveying the camp, the occupants, and then their equipment, Luke corresponds with Xander about what they are seeing.

I Know A Guy, Streetwise 11, Persuasion 9 _
... or in this case a Gal.

Luke has traveled with Selina for a time. Whether with her current group or others, Luke for sure knows Selina.

Streetwise
[*] Streetwise (1d8) 1d8 = 6: 6
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Persuasion
Untrained: -2
[*] Persuasion (1d4) 1d4 = 1: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Realizing that Cass is fairly fatigued and probably very cold, Luke decides to look after the van himself. After a few minutes of fumbling through the engine, which thankfully is not buried in snow with the the nose of the van. He summarizes that the engine needs a rest. Cold air is not good for combustion engines. This van is certainly among a short list of tech, Luke has worked on, that is pre-Rifts.

This is where and when Luke decides to use the Infinity Sphere. Holding it in both hands, he wills the sphere to maintain a temperature of around 120 degrees Farhenheit. Placing the sphere on the engine block, he carefully closes the hood. Certain that the aging metal of the van will alert him should anyone try and remove the sphere he walks around the side of the van.

Luke is mentaly processing the voice from the camp. Higher resonance than Smith. Maybe an octave lower than Ms. Dee. Certainly sounds female and human. Trusting his instincts, Luke leaves the van and heads towards the camp and fire. While walking, Luke comes a hundred percent certainty that the woman's voice he heard was someone he met a few years back.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:03 am

Another Galaxy

A lomg gangly humanoid whose face was stretched lomger than a humans. His hands the size of an elite basketball player, and an array of optical doodads adorned his eyes allowimg him to peer into multiple dimensions at once. I was looking at a holographic computer display and to the left a large 6ft tall tank was filled with a murky liquid. The shadow of a human figure suspended in its cloudy fluid was barely visible. To the creatures right was an electrified containment feild that held a small round object: the infinity sphere... The creature, by all acounts a gene splicer, muttered to no one in particular about an earlier visitor, “I should have told her, once the sphere was used to restore a 1961 VW bus to its former glory... What a waste... They could have ended or reformed the coalition. Sealed he devil’s gate nexus... Killed all the Splugorth on Atlantis.” The gene splicer tapped gently on the tank’s glass, “But you know what Que, that bus was damn fine...”
Selina gave a shout as a white light emitted from the hood of the VW bus. In moments it was transformed into a beauty.

Gone was the tired rusted weather beaten blue van with holes in the floor board. From the light it emerged, a deep purple and black van with electric running lights and gold embellishments. Whose tires were white walled fresh from some mythical factory that did not exist with golden crisscrossed rims. Inside the cabin had been transformed into the pinnacle of luxury. Plush Seats for 10, holographic communicators in each arm rest. A suite of bio regenerative automated systems that rivaled the glitterboys own. The drivers seat was a dream, a holographic display fed realtime road conditions i to the drivers ontal corex allowing for unparalled handling. The center console up front on the shotgun side hand several displays and read outs including an anti personel targeting system. Three buttons displayed, capable of giving the vehicle added features, abet one at a time dependig on the conditions the co pilot found themselves facing. Green: ATV (Wheels crew tritanium silver allowed spikes, perfect for killing a Vampire with or navigating harsh road conditions). Silver/grey: Heavy fire (Nestled on the roof was a collapsible medium vehicular rail gun system that fired silvered rounds). The third option, a red button (Solar shething slide down on all sizes of the vehicle making it immune to fire and heat)
  • Note the three options are one at a time, takes an action to activate and deactivate using a kn electronics check.
Sadly if Luke checks his pockets or under the hood the infinity sphere has vanished, gone to its next desitination.
Attachments
3F8BC320-A5B0-49B1-B0F8-B3BD5C8A9FEC.jpeg
Inside
133B8DF1-5734-446D-B2EF-D170ED0523DA.jpeg
New
25C75730-9485-4C02-8670-CA5FBCF2FB78.jpeg
Old
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:31 pm

CASTLE REFUGE

In a recovery room in the hospital wing of Castle Refuge, a platnimum blonde haried woman with piercing blue eyes sat straight up. She was not sure but her obligation had been met and "The Builder" had the object she had been sent to this planet for. Uncertain of what came next she laid back down, closed her eyes, and went back to sleep.

"Patient Jane Doe has awakened once more."

"Vitals and biometrics?"

"Very little change, other than she mentally believes she is constantly running."

"Noted. Have we made contact with the alien, Luke?"

"You know the 77th was lost in Shamlin to the Fade. Better than getting wiped out by the CS like the town of Shamlin did."

"Yeah about that. I don't buy it. The 77th were some of the best in field operatives. Keep trying to reach them."




WEST OF SHAMLIN

Luke did not turn around but from the gasps and the cries of shock, from inside the van and near the camp, Luke could guess at what just happened. He looked back and through the van's tinted windows at @Cassiopeia and the others gathered inside. He shrugged his shoulders as if to apologize but said nothing.

<<Luke. It was the Gene Splicer's Infinity Sphere?>>

<<It would appear that way.>>

<<What does that mean for the kill squads?>>

<<Just one less group seeking our demise.>>

<<Our efforts to reach Refuge have failed. We should check up on Jane Doe.>>

<<Once we get Claude taken care of we will head back to Refuge.>>

Xander falls silent and Luke falls into his own thoughts. What was it that drew him to these Spheres?

I am just glad it was not @Dorian Falstaff's Sphere. That could have warmed up this entire section of earth for the next three or so months.

Luke on towards camp, noting that the armed men with rocket launchers and such had let their weapons drop from full attention. Shock and Awe. An entrance that Luke was still working on.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by HollyTalayuki » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:51 pm

-Holly smiles wagging her tail- Glad there's still a spot for me Antipas. I'm still annoyed I can only communicate in this form to everyone or one person who uses it plus Luke transformed. -She hugs Cass back who notices Holly's internal temperature still feels normal and she smiles- Talayukians are never bothered by the cold. It may as well be any other day.. My biology is made for winter since my planets always like this. Your free to use me as a pillow or heat source. -She smiles-

-She jumps on the van gently alternating between short breaks of traveling in her Fenrir form run then breaking to rest her legs and provide warmth of body heat to the team during the travels.- If anyone needs a task done throw it at me. My body's made for this weather so my Constitution is yours to use. I'm okay with tech if needed too. -During the Vans change she gets excited- That kind of tech upgrade is my style.

OOC Comments
Note: Since she alternated evenly Holly gave up 3 hours of her transformd form and 3 hours Fenrir. This leaves her with 5 hour restrained remaining. Given this makes a 50/50 chance on form on approach I will roll it.
Odd: Fenrir Even: Restraint. 1d6 = 6: 6


-Holly in her restraint form laughs seeing the weapon and having her claws/translator equipped runs threw the snow in the super light clothes with shorts. She waved as Antipas speaks and she yells out- Super nice to meet you! We're definitely friendly. -She stays ready to fight holding the demon claws but not activating them just in case communications break down but she stays relaxed and shows no malice intent to fight. She stays fully extended with no show of discomfort staying limber with a smile-

Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Wittsen who had been trying to ignore the conversations outside wrapped in blankets, suddenly goes through a very uncomfortable experience as the van starts transforming around him.

"Hey what's happening out there!?"

Looks around at the new accommodations. "Hmmm Not bad... Not bad at all, but how?"
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Stoic » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:01 am

Smith stands next to Antipas, letting him do all the talking. He assesses the group for a threat and, after finding one, internally relaxes, but his body remains rigid, ready to draw and fire his pistol at a moments notice. He whispers what he sees over the comm link so that the rest of the group knows whats up, and then waits to see what happens.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Alenysturathe » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 am

Road to Logmire
Night
Round 0

Alenys gaped as the van made its transformation. She gave a little teenage squeal as she looked it over before returning to the side of Antipas and Smith facing the people at the campfire.

“You look cold,” the redhaired teen said to Smith. “Let me warm you up.” She cuddled with the shirtless man, running her hand over his muscled torso.

At least she wasn’t drooling.

Yet.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 10/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 4 eclips, 0 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 8/8 hours
Bennies: 4/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:08 am

Wittsen Dolgon wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:07 pm
Wittsen who had been trying to ignore the conversations outside wrapped in blankets, suddenly goes through a very uncomfortable experience as the van starts transforming around him.

"Hey what's happening out there!?"

Looks around at the new accommodations. "Hmmm Not bad... Not bad at all, but how?"
"Valid questions Wittsen."

"First let me say. Earth. This world has been a repository for oddities."

"Pandora's Box for example and the Infinity Sphere for another."

"For generations and centuries prior to the arrival of the Rifts. Earth has been a sort of safety deposit box or vault if you will for supernatural and paranormal oddities. Most of these oddities are solid objects or something else encased in a physical shell."

"Because most of Earth's inhabitants did not believe in arcane, magic, or the super or paranormal, there was very little risk that these oddities would be uncovered or discovered."

"It would appear that Diamond Clad had used the Infinity Sphere to interact with the Fade, which had us trapped. He had not however, utilized the Sphere's full capabilities and therefor still had it in his possession when we came out of the Fade."

"Well, it would appear that this particular Infinity Sphere was made to grant a Wish of sorts but only one and then make it the very best wish ever. I was a bit frustrated with how our transportation had been handling and wanted to make sure that the engine didn't sieze up and that everyone inside was warm."

"What we got was more along the lines of Luke and Xander, Pimp my Old Beater, the Post-Apocalyptic epsiodes."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:20 am

After some time with the golden age weapon smithies the group got a good night rest and embarked in their souped up ride towards Logmire. After about a good days journey passing a few other vehicles, horse drawn carriages and the like the team made it as the sun was setting with in sight of Logmire. The last folks to pass the 77th CIT were hauling ass on the icy road in a two seater wild road hog. The front had a large scorch mark, and with a keen eye folks would notice through the driver’s goggles wide eyes of terror peaked through.

From a distance the sleepy town was nestled along a small river or large stream surrounded by tall pine trees. Smoke rose from the chimney’s from about a dozen of the homes. As the group continued onward another five or so homes seemed to light their chimney’s as well. With the sun drawing low, the icy chill crept back into the snow filled landscape. A foul wind picked up, and the snow came down as if it had held itself off until the favored sun disappeared. About half a mile to the east a leyline glowed brightly flaring ever so slightly. It seemed as if the line bent as the road turned and would come within a mile of Logmire and continued in an easterly direction for at least a bit.

There was a small bend in the road as the group made the last harrowing turn to the village. Trouble was ahead. Laser fire, plasma grenades, and red bulbous monsters greeted the heroes on this final leg. Over the radio the team could hear a familiar set of voices seemingly fihting in defense of the town against the enemy Mrs. Dee aptly named with no love loss and in-fact a fair share of hatred, “Brodkill... Put them on the edge of your knife and see which way they fall.” Words meant for all...

Ahead was a pitched battle, one one side villagers lead by familiar faces... The men and women who interviewed the 77th when they first joined the legion! On the other side were giant fifteen foot tall ugly bulbous lesser demons kited with cybernetics and large rail guns. These Brodkill were about twenty strong and turned as the epic van pulling into view.

On the radio of the WV van the team heard Slater’s cool voice crackle warning them, ”Turn arround! Aggghhh... Hank! Move the baracade back ten feet... Fall back there is tooo... Lial watch out on your left flank... They are pushing... Frank get in there! To the van... Fall back Logmire is not secure! Aggrgghhh...” Static hisses through the radio as a large explosion rocked the defenders of the town! Half the brodkill turned and began firing on the van with their long range rocket launchers. Now was the time if action was warranted to get in there!

Quick Combat! Choose a combat related skill and tell us what your story against the brodkill looks like. +1 Benny for throwing in a photo of a Brodkill or perhaps even a demonic lacky.
Skill Made at an even roll... Dragon and Talaukiam’s can add +2.

Participating in the fight you take a level of fatigue and on a failure 1 wound(Soakable). Critical Failure is 1d4 wounds (not soakable). Fatigue and Wounds happen at the end of the battle.

There are 20 Brodkill so you need 20 successes to save everyone in the village. Each success and raise represents one brodkill dying! Any brodkill remaining will no doubt flee after inflicting maximum casualties. For every success the group is short, 1 wound will be dealt to either the heroes or villagers.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 am

"Gene Splicers. Damn them and their work."

Luke was out of the van and running as soon as they were in sight of the Brodkil.

"Spread out in pairs. @Pender Lumkiss Ms. Dee take the wheel for the van and reposition it behind that stand of trees."

"I can automate the turrets on the Van, if no one else can or will. Best if someone else operates the vehicle though."

Shooting 12 _
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol
VW Turreted Light Rail Gun
[*] Shooting (1d8) 1d8 = 7: 7
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3
Benny for Extra Effort
[*] Extra Effort (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
The TX-26 PBP is strictly close range, almost like a surgical knife. When a brodkil comes to check out the shiny, Luke drills him right between the eyes.

From off in the distance Luke sees some Brodkil heading off after the retreating defenders of Logmire. The twin mounted Light Rail Guns purr to life and Luke with Xander's help was able to plug two of them. Two nice symetrical holes through the back of each brodkil.


Brodkil.jpg
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Antipas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:12 am

After a decent nights rest and a day of uneventful travel Antipas was expecting trouble in Longmire, just from it's "sheriff" not a brodkil attack. Oh good, at least it's adversity I'm equipped for. Following Luke out he quickly zips around his friend to intercept any who look to close on the In'valien. While he would have liked to leave the demons between the two forces that greatly increased the chances of collateral damage to the town. "We need to punch thru them and get to the town so we can help keep them out."
fighting 14
Fighting 1d10+1 = 6: 5
Wild 1d6+1 = 2: 1
benny to reroll with Elan
Fighting 1d10+3 = 5: 2
Wild 1d6+3 = 6: 3
Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d10+3 = 6: 3
Wild 1d6+3 = 6: 3
Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d10+3 = 13: 10 Ace 1d10+13 = 14: 1
Wild 1d6+3 = 8: 5
Brodkil.png
Brodkil.png (235.69 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
A pair of the demons sight in on the two with a rocket, when the blast only reveals more of Antipas' tattoos the one with M.O.M. mods smiles at the promise of a challenge. Nudging his rocket armed pal he, "Heh, Slayer. Them good eatin." Before the gunner has begun to reload Antipas is closing. He slides under the crazies wild first swing and pops up in from of the surprised shooter, sinking his dagger in the soft flesh beneath it's chin up to the hilt. As he pulls the blade out he gives the brodkils neck a slash just to be safe and turns to the crazy.

A M.O.M. enhanced demon is no joke, even for the children of Atlantis. Were it not for the protective magics of his tattoos and no small amount of luck the undead slayer may well have found himself outmatched by the sheer speed and ferocity of the fiends initial salvo. Then, as with all foes all Antipas ha to do was await his opening. Misjudging the force of it's kick when trying to sweep the corpse into Antipas' face with a kick, it instead lodged it's foot into the body. The loss of balance it's new "shoe" caused was all Pas needed, in seconds the cybered up hellspawn was headless in the dirt.

Looking around for a chieftain he spots one nearing the wall. Using some grenades' the rocketeer was carrying to disperse some lesser demons on the way Pas heads for a showdown with the leader.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 pm

1d10 = 3: 3+2 Fighting
1d6 = 2: 2+2 Wild
Reroll Benny
1d10 = 8: 8+2.
1d6 = 5: 5+2

Total:. 10 with 2 Successes.


-Holly sees the demons as she sloshes in the snow the warmth of her claws drudging through the ice and she rushes as quickly as she can. She sees two of the demonic foes and moves ahead to deal with them but she shrinks down into her wolf girl form her claws already equipped. "Really? 15 feet coffin stuffers?- Antipas.. You guys have to have the best luck if your looking for things to crush.. and that is my speciality.. Guess I'm where I need to be and I'm here to lend a paw. Yell and point if you need me." - She rushes in taking the front line points and flips narrowly dodging a blast from the enemy with large horns as she examines the structure of his armor before taking a deep breath and thrusting with her right leg lifting her left and slashing into the heart of the enemy to try to end it with a forceful pinpoint strike to deal with the demons armor and pulls the heart out. Her stretched demonic claws slide through with the activated demonic glow sliding in and she rips the heart out throwing it to the floor by sliding it off of her claw. The second enemy nearby she notices the spikes and strong looking armory thick skin. The beast slashes quickly and makes Holly fall to the defensive. Holly notices her weaker strikes with the claws are less effective and she growls throwing her strength directly into it slamming her claws into a spot that's missing the spikes but it dosen't get deep enough to strike a fatal blow as she digs them in. She then transforms back into her larger form as she sees the unavoidable strikes in the close quarter combat insueing as she had her claws dug into her opponent. She gets struck a few times during the exchange but after the close quarter brawling the Talayukians hide proves stronger as she shrugs off some of the attacks and she rips the demon apart moment by moment digging her claws in deeper and splits it by pulling her arms apart as she looks at her fellow 77th making sure they are okay. She takes point and gets ready to intercept or help anyone who may need her. She wouldn't want anyone to be hurt before her even if it costs her injury or her life.-
Attachments
0f0d48a69f586126dc6cb4a44b5a8496.jpg
0f0d48a69f586126dc6cb4a44b5a8496.jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
eed80964ba07b88d2f0520ff716a54e8df5f9e8cr1-1200-1000v2_uhq.jpg

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:07 pm

OOC Comments
Spellcasting 1d12 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Benny for reroll
spellcasting 1d12 = 1: 1
wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Wounds 1d4 = 2: 2
You don't have what it takes. The words echoed in Wittsen's ears as he watched he peered on the battle raging before him. Oh yeah! I'll show them I'll show them all my power.

Wittsen opens up the window of the VW bug, and starts chatting. But something was wrong something didn't make sense. Pain raced up his arm as boils started forming on his skin. The pain was almost too painful to comprehend. "AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!"
Last edited by Wittsen Dolgon on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:19 am

Shooting 14
+2 dragon
Shooting 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Ace 1d8+10 = 14: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Road to Logmire
Night
Round 0

At the sight of the fight in the town, Alenys jumped out of the van with the others. Her skin turned red and scaly, and she jumped into the air, wings erupting from her back as she transformed. She gave a loud roar and a spout of flame, striking terror into the hearts of the brodkills as she swooped down on them. Seeing several congregated together firing on a building, she dropped blistering fire on them. Then she spewed a line of fire along the grown, creating a curtain wall of flames between the demons and the townspeople.

***

-1 Fatigue
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 10/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 4 eclips, 0 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 8/8 hours
Bennies: 4/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Cassiopeia » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:58 pm

With a good night's sleep under her ear and a mostly clean, but definitely warmer outfit of newly squired clothes, Cass is ready to face another day of travel to Logmire. She sends a silent prayer of thanks to the gods for the new and improved van. One of the broken springs in the passenger seat of the old one had poked a hole through her pants and rubbed a raw spot on her butt cheek. She'd taken care to bandage that herself instead of flashing her bum at Luke for such minor doctoring.

When they pull up to Logmire, Cass has the door of the van open before it comes to a full stop. The sight of so much evil makes her blood boil. Running as fast as she can through the snow, she heads for a weather and beaten lamp post she can see still glowing on the outskirts of town. She dodges between Holly's legs as the giant wolf charges into the fray. Cass pulls the cover from the base of the post with her telekinises as she skids to a stop and drops into the snow. She makes quick work of the innards, pulling out and stripping wires, scavenging bits from her gauntlet and twisting it all back together again. The lamp post is one of a string of lamps that must have once decorated the road into town long ago. Some have been smashed, some aren't lit, but she can see about a dozen weak lights stretching through the battle. She knows they all are hooked into the city's power grid and she can tell once she's inside that they are all on a single power circuit. If she can jam together enough capacitors, she should be able to send an EMP pulse along the circuit of lamps, right down the middle of the attacking horde. With any luck they will fry the cybernetics in the demons and incapacitate their rail guns. It's kind of a long shot.

Cass hears the whistle of an incoming mortar and throws herself behind a derelict car, wires trailing from both fingers. The ground 10 feet to her right explodes, raining down a shower of dirt and shrapnel. Before the dust has settled, she's back at the lamp post, shoving the last bits into place and pushing her own magic in to juice device. Please work. Please work. Please work... Cass mutters under her breath.
Technowizardy
Arcane Machinist
Techno-wizardry 1d12 = 7: 7 +2 from Machine Maestro = 9
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Spending new benny for EXTRA effort! 1d6+9 = 15: 6
ACE!! 1d6+15 = 20: 5


1d6+15 = 20: 5 <-I don't actually know what this is, but it won't go away. My funky computer and the funky board aren't playing well together.
A faint pop, sounds from the light over her head, and down the line Cass can see the few remaining lights fade out as the pulse travels down the circuit. Almost instantly she can pick out at least five demons who's guns also go dark and who's bodies begin to wobble on their feet/treads/appendages. She sees them stop and flail knocking into their compatriots and stumbling to the ground, making them easy pickings for the city's defenders. With a satisfied grin, she pulls her arms out of the lamp post and scrambles to her feet and summons her sword from the tattoo on her wrist. The tingles of her techno magic fade from her fingers as she grasps the hilt of her sword. It might not be her favorite way to kill cyberneticly enhanced demons, but facing evil with an atlantean blade in her hand always feels like coming home.
Attachments
brood kill.jpg
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Tsume » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:41 am


Back at the Golden Age Smith encampment






The fight with the Brodkill
Fighting 12
Fighting 1d12 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d12+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Cursed with Awesome 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Tsume gets out of the Van and rushes forward to attack the brodkill in melee combat. She finds a small group of 3 brodkill. They fire a rocket at her but she just seems to shrug it off as she pushes forward. Wielding the rune sword that was found back at Shamlin, she makes quick work of the first of the trio as they were not expecting her to push in that fast. The remaining Brodkill curse as the combat continues, unable to land a strike on her as she dances around them as she engages with her heightened agility and cat like grace. Another one goes down as the third considers retreat but that was his mistake as he falls as well.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Stoic » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:26 pm

Shooting 9
1d8 = 7: 7
1d6 = 4: 4
Extra Effort 1d6 = 2: 2
Smith finds cover and pulls his JA-11 off of the sling. He expertly drills two of the brodkil right in the head.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Christmas came early at Logmire.

As the brodkill faced the full might of the 77th snow began to fall. Over the groups comms Luke’s AI Xander gave the group a play by play accountinge of what was happening so each member could better coordinate their assault. Amongst such heroes one stood out!

”Casseiopia seems to have come out of her stupor, like a mechanic hankering for a good wrench. Look at her go in between Holly’s legs, like some kind of pre rift rift ice skater with a double sow cow turned into a triple axel! Oh look at that! She made it to Logmire’s outer lamp post. She took the housing off... Impossible! She restored power to the grid... Power... Grid...” Xander’s communication buzzed for a second as Logmire’s ancient lamp posts erupted in brilliant white light! For the briefest of seconds all electronic equipment frizzed as if hit by some kind of destabilizing field. Five mean looking brodkill with masks covering their gnarled maw and M.O.M. implants studded in their skull had Wittsen by the throat. It looked like they had roughed up the wizard, stabbing him a couple of times with their vibro blades. The good thing was they were right next to a lamp that freaking exploded with a localized emp field. The five dropped Wittsen into the cold snow as their M.O.M implants smoked and sizzled.

Xander’s voice came back on the comms, “Rerouting to channel three... Casseiopia has reactivated the Logmire street lights some how creating localized EMP fields near each one. The fields ahould be strong enough to disable any electronics so be careful.”

Then it was over. The last brodkill gurgled its last breath and the outskirts of Logmire were painted with a thick black red ichor. The defenders of Logmire seemed no worse for wear. Most were wearing a hapdash armor that would barely function and those with laser rifles slung in hand seemed like they would be better suited farming or working in the lumber mill.

The town itself was situated near a river with the Lumber Mill being the largest building. Most homes seemed to raidiate ouward from that building made from the pine planks that the mill churned out. There was a paved road that held the mill, general store, and a repair shop. The town was covered in a soft blanket of fresh snow and the river that ran by the edge of the mill had its edges frosted with snow.

From the defenders a few familiar faces appeared. Hank, Lail, Slater, and Frank seemingly from the tomorrow legion’s recruitment office were all there. In fact @Cassiopeia recognized Slater as her “Aunt” as her Father put it. Before he had been put into cryo Slater was someone her father would bring around from time to time for Sunday brunches in the techno wizard’s yearling years. Most knew them from the legion but Wittsen recognized the big tall human as Hank. The two had found themselves in a tight spot during the Tolkien CS war.

It came clear that Slater was cheif umong them, as she strode out from behind a couple of snowy crates. “Thank you... The 77th?” Her surprise was evident and she looked to some of the lady villiagers oogling Smith’s bare chest. “Hank, toss Smith a shirt. Welcome to Logmire, what brings you here?”

Hank nodded pulling out a white shirt. He glanced at Wittsen’s bloody form and said to him, ”You in need of some healin’ friend? Least we could do after you saved us and all.”

Over the coms Mrs Dee’s voice crackled as her radio slowly recovered from Cass’ impromptu emp field, ”Be careful, they are not who they seem to be.”
Attachments
A6434422-1FF3-4073-95B9-DD43143467DC.jpeg
Logmire
766497B0-D52F-460F-BF27-5E50B1E11F47.jpeg
Frank
766497B0-D52F-460F-BF27-5E50B1E11F47.jpeg (21.77 KiB) Viewed 863 times
5E1D033C-0B78-469E-844D-01A74F04F352.jpeg
Hank
5E1D033C-0B78-469E-844D-01A74F04F352.jpeg (47.68 KiB) Viewed 863 times
9146AF38-D74A-4921-B6E8-EE69D05B2558.jpeg
Lial
9146AF38-D74A-4921-B6E8-EE69D05B2558.jpeg (21.22 KiB) Viewed 863 times
34841D5A-2673-40E6-BE41-7556F18A7E79.jpeg
Slater
34841D5A-2673-40E6-BE41-7556F18A7E79.jpeg (52.35 KiB) Viewed 863 times
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Luke's experiences with the interviews had been much different than any of the other 77th's. Q1 2019 Interlude. Luke had not been able to leave the dream.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:16 pm
Christmas came early at Logmire.

As the brodkill faced the full might of the 77th snow began to fall. Over the groups comms Luke’s AI Xander gave the group a play by play accountinge of what was happening so each member could better coordinate their assault. Amongst such heroes one stood out!

”Casseiopia seems to have come out of her stupor, like a mechanic hankering for a good wrench. Look at her go in between Holly’s legs, like some kind of pre rift rift ice skater with a double sow cow turned into a triple axel! Oh look at that! She made it to Logmire’s outer lamp post. She took the housing off... Impossible! She restored power to the grid... Power... Grid...” Xander’s communication buzzed for a second as Logmire’s ancient lamp posts erupted in brilliant white light! For the briefest of seconds all electronic equipment frizzed as if hit by some kind of destabilizing field. Five mean looking brodkill with masks covering their gnarled maw and M.O.M. implants studded in their skull had Wittsen by the throat. It looked like they had roughed up the wizard, stabbing him a couple of times with their vibro blades. The good thing was they were right next to a lamp that freaking exploded with a localized emp field. The five dropped Wittsen into the cold snow as their M.O.M implants smoked and sizzled.

Xander’s voice came back on the comms, “Rerouting to channel three... Casseiopia has reactivated the Logmire street lights some how creating localized EMP fields near each one. The fields ahould be strong enough to disable any electronics so be careful.”
Luke chuckled at the play by play from Xander and even noted a touch of ... admiration from the AI. <She is good at what she does or have you forgotten that time on Time Stop Space Station where @Cassiopeia pulled together the disipating nanite swarm of Grexl, a Gene Splicer. Literally she reversed time for us to redirect our future selves for survival.>

Xander does not say much.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:16 pm
It came clear that Slater was cheif umong them, as she strode out from behind a couple of snowy crates. “Thank you... The 77th?” Her surprise was evident and she looked to some of the lady villiagers oogling Smith’s bare chest. “Hank, toss Smith a shirt. Welcome to Logmire, what brings you here?”

Hank nodded pulling out a white shirt. He glanced at Wittsen’s bloody form and said to him, ”You in need of some healin’ friend? Least we could do after you saved us and all.”

Over the coms Mrs Dee’s voice crackled as her radio slowly recovered from Cass’ impromptu emp field, ”Be careful, they are not who they seem to be.”
TEAM FREQ "Thank you Ms. Dee. If I had had enough ammunition I would have shot them as well as the brodkil."

OVER the VAN's PA "Slater, cut the formalities and lets talk about your connections to the Splugorth in Shamlin."

"Why were involved with the Slaved Dream Machine?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Antipas » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:16 pm

Grinning savagly grom adrenaline and triumph Antipas looks over the battlefield. Whitsen looked in poor shape but nothing life threatening, otherwise the team was tired but whole. And the town was battered but it's defense unbroken. A good day. Spitting in the face of the dead brodkil captain, he turns to the towns defenders.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:16 pm


From the defenders a few familiar faces appeared. Hank, Lail, Slater, and Frank seemingly from the tomorrow legion’s recruitment office were all there. In fact @Cassiopeia recognized Slater as her “Aunt” as her Father put it. Before he had been put into cryo Slater was someone her father would bring around from time to time for Sunday brunches in the techno wizard’s yearling years. Most knew them from the legion but Wittsen recognized the big tall human as Hank. The two had found themselves in a tight spot during the Tolkien CS war.

It came clear that Slater was cheif umong them, as she strode out from behind a couple of snowy crates. “Thank you... The 77th?” Her surprise was evident and she looked to some of the lady villiagers oogling Smith’s bare chest. “Hank, toss Smith a shirt. Welcome to Logmire, what brings you here?”

Hank nodded pulling out a white shirt. He glanced at Wittsen’s bloody form and said to him, ”You in need of some healin’ friend? Least we could do after you saved us and all.”

Over the coms Mrs Dee’s voice crackled as her radio slowly recovered from Cass’ impromptu emp field, ”Be careful, they are not who they seem to be.”
It was odd the four of them would be here together. "No, we got him. @Tsume please see what you can do for Smith." As Luke begins grilling Slater Antipas reaches up to activate his Eyes of Thoth.
Tattoo magic 9
Activating mega detect arcana with 3 eyes enhancement. 6 PPE
Tattoo Magic 1d8-1 = 3: 4 Banny for EE with elan 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Wild 1d6-1 = 0: 1
With his eyes empowered he looks over the alleged assessors again.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:17 pm

-Holly notices the initial threats gone but keeps her guard up since it's new territory so she moves around still in her Fenrir form. She dosen't really see the point of changing back considering anyone would have already seen and reacted for better or worse and she may as well be comfortable right? She thinks to herself it's fine to stay like this then turns excitedly talking to Cass with excited growls in Talayukians he energy and admiration obvious with a bit of fan girl tech envy. "Cass that was awesome use of tech!..Totally enjoyed the show. You have to show me that trick sometime! Sad I didn't get to smash more of them.. but there's always next time. -Rubbing her hand behind her head- oh... wait she can't understand me. Curses...Let her know for me if you can Luke? -After saying that she gives a thumbs up towards her and hopes that maybe Luke will pass on the praise- She looks around spotting Lial and speaks in her Talayukians. "No way... You can't be here?" -She smells the air trying to confirm the familiar scent of the one she remembered interviewing with- "The hel? I know I hadn't fallen to her realm in that battle I was barley scathed.. but why would you be anywhere near this fresh Tundra wonderland..Not really the scene Id expect from you.. in the field out here? What's important here?.." -She awaits her response suspiciously basing her judgements on her personality to confirm its her as well as her nose due shearly to her disbelief of running into her here of all places when it seemed out of place for a high ranking trainer and nothing more not even realizing who the other three were leaving it at curiousity until noticing some tension among the other members of the 77th visually..Maybe they had some past with them?.. She gives a howl moving up towards them but keeping her defensive line ready until she figured out why Lial and these three random's she didn't know were in the neighborhood . Luckily if Lial is here it's another Talayukians speaker so it can be cleared up easily..one way or another. "Been awhile.. what do you say?" -She let's her presence stay around her looking to see if anyone is getting aggressive towards her out of the potential panic her transformation may have caused and braces for it just in case as well. -

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Seeing the Talukian and Red dragon, to some extent, many of the would be defenders start to move back unsure if the monsterous creatures blood lust will stop with the brodkill. There is no sign of the reported fallen cyber knight defender. The four recruiters for the tomorrow legion hold their ground. The one wearing all white named Lail looks quizically at Holly. Slater simply smiles at Luke’s bravado. They seem to be waiting for something.

Mrs Dee radios again. Her voice is cold and precise as it has ever been, “Don’t let them talk. Kill them now... Each and everyone one of them.”

Just some adds, I’ll post more throughly after every posts.

Rolls: 1d8 = 5: 5 wild 1d6 = 2: 2 GM benny EE: 1d6 = 6: 6
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:48 pm

-Holly not having access to her radio or Dee's message in her Fenrir form looks at the face Lali is making as Holly moves forward speaking in Talayukians again- Do you even understand? This is not normal.. your commanding presence and perfect Talayukians should be berating and critizing me by now.. -She chuckles a bit but then gets serious as she questions what's happening with Lali.. something wrong with her?.. Case of a doppleganger?..look alike or imposter?- "This isn't funny is that you or not? It's not like you wouldn't remember.."

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Cassiopeia » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:16 pm
Then it was over. The last brodkill gurgled its last breath and the outskirts of Logmire were painted with a thick black red ichor. The defenders of Logmire seemed no worse for wear. Most were wearing a hapdash armor that would barely function and those with laser rifles slung in hand seemed like they would be better suited farming or working in the lumber mill.
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:17 pm
-Holly notices the initial threats gone but keeps her guard up since it's new territory so she moves around still in her Fenrir form. She dosen't really see the point of changing back considering anyone would have already seen and reacted for better or worse and she may as well be comfortable right? She thinks to herself it's fine to stay like this then turns excitedly talking to Cass with excited growls in Talayukians he energy and admiration obvious with a bit of fan girl tech envy. "Cass that was awesome use of tech!..Totally enjoyed the show. You have to show me that trick sometime! Sad I didn't get to smash more of them.. but there's always next time. -Rubbing her hand behind her head- oh... wait she can't understand me. Curses...Let her know for me if you can Luke? -After saying that she gives a thumbs up towards her and hopes that maybe Luke will pass on the praise... She gives a howl moving up towards them but keeping her defensive line ready until she figured out why Lial and these three random's she didn't know were in the neighborhood .
Even in Talayukian form, it’s pretty obvious to Cass that Holly is happy and excited. The playful yips and paw waving antics aimed at Cass, are as good as any pat on the back.

”That was pretty cool, wasn’t it?” Cass transmits on the team’s channel, but her eyes are directing the comment at Holly. The Atlantean smiles broadly at her young friend and starts picking her way through the battle carnage to stand near the wolf. She keeps her sword out. A battlefield is never a safe place until it’s been picked clean and abandoned.

Cass can tell from Luke’s stance and his voice that he is glaring at the small group who have come out to greet them. When Holly howls and pushes past her, Cass gets even more concerned. She steps up, trying to get a clear look at them from her spot behind Luke and Holly’s shaggy legs.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:16 pm
In fact @Cassiopeia recognized Slater as her “Aunt” as her Father put it. Before he had been put into cryo Slater was someone her father would bring around from time to time for Sunday brunches in the techno wizard’s yearling years.
...
Over the coms Mrs Dee’s voice crackled as her radio slowly recovered from Cass’ impromptu emp field, ”Be careful, they are not who they seem to be.”
“Aunt Slater?” Cass murmurs softly. She doesn’t move forward, just slides her sword to her left hand and draws her revolver with her right. The others fade into the background of Cass’s vision as she focuses intently on the old familiar face. She searches it for signs of age or recognition. Is this really her father’s friend or some sort of splugorth trick?
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:26 pm

@Antipas sees nothing magical about the four people who look like the tomorrow legions recruitment officers. However, for a brief moment something inside the van flares with a powerful magic energy seen in the ethereal plane but then it either vanishes or is simply blocked from his line of sight.

Notice check, the van’s back side door is open along with a small foot prints leading to the door.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Antipas » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Notice
Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6+8 = 13: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Seeing a flash of magic from the van he looks closer and makes out a demon in the back with Ms. Dee. With speed and grace that seem unnatural in such a large person he draws his bow, nocks an arrow, and lets loose. Without waiting to even see if it hits he sprints to the van to finish it off. It does hit, catching the demon in the throat and pinning it to the inside wall of the vehicle. Not enough to finish the fiend but certainly enough to crimp it's spellcasting for a moment. More than the Atlantean needs to close distance to the van. Over team comms "If those four move wrong, end them."

The lesser demon, having pulled its self free of the arrow is trying to scuttle out the door and escape but is met by an angry undead slayer with a big damn knife. Being more a skulk around and cast spells type Normally it has big burly types like the brodkil or trickster types to take the heat but not today, so what follows doesn't go well for it. At all. At least it was a swift end.

Looking up from the remains of the demonic sorcerer he fixes the "assessors" with a glare that would give Nyxla nightmares. You had better not be fucking with us." Then he checks on Ms. Dee.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:49 am

Antipas wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:56 pm
Notice
Notice Original post: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace Original post: 1d6+8 = 13: 5
Wild Original post: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace Original post: 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Seeing a flash of magic from the van he looks closer and makes out a demon in the back with Ms. Dee. With speed and grace that seem unnatural in such a large person he draws his bow, nocks an arrow, and lets loose. Without waiting to even see if it hits he sprints to the van to finish it off. It does hit, catching the demon in the throat and pinning it to the inside wall of the vehicle. Not enough to finish the fiend but certainly enough to crimp it's spellcasting for a moment. More than the Atlantean needs to close distance to the van. Over team comms "If those four move wrong, end them."

The lesser demon, having pulled its self free of the arrow is trying to scuttle out the door and escape but is met by an angry undead slayer with a big damn knife. Being more a skulk around and cast spells type Normally it has big burly types like the brodkil or trickster types to take the heat but not today, so what follows doesn't go well for it. At all. At least it was a swift end.

Looking up from the remains of the demonic sorcerer he fixes the "assessors" with a glare that would give Nyxla nightmares. You had better not be fucking with us." Then he checks on Ms. Dee.
@Antipas "What do you have back there?"

Luke is very uncertain what to do about the four interviewers supposedly from the Tomorrow Legion. Realizing that the Dream Slave Machine, was actually capable of tapping into the subconscious minds of those enslaved to it. Still, he is curious what has the Legion's recruiters out here in Logmire, in the cold.

"How can this place be colder that Lapru III? By the Forge, I swear my circuitry is going to freeze."

<<Actually. All systems are optimal. No risk of freezing.>>
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:50 am

Notice 1
-1 Fatigue
Notice 1d6-1 = 0: 1
Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2
Logmire
Night
Round 0

“Hi, guys!” the big red dragon said to the four assessors as they approach. She waved a clawed hand, clueless as to what was happening, since her radio was absorbed with her change in form. “Looks like we saved the day again!” She beamed.

***

-1 Fatigue
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 10/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 4 eclips, 0 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 8/8 hours
Bennies: 4/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Stoic » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Smith mutters internally, annoyed that he didn't have the foresight to bring some grenades. None the less he casually slinks his way behind the four targets. (dropping a benny as discussed in hangouts). He takes the JA-11 and fires it twice, at the two targets on the extreme ends of the grouping.
Rolls
Stealth for the drop
Stealth 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6

1st target gets the drop
Shooting 1d8-2 = 0: 2 +4 to hit +4 damage
Wild DIe 1d6-2 = 2: 4 +4 to hit +4 damage
Hit, Damage 3d6 = 9: 3, 3, 3 AP

Shooting 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Hit, Damage 3d6 = 10: 2, 4, 4 AP
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:01 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Spellcasting healing 1d12 = 6: 6
wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Red face from his embarrassing performance "I can handle this thank you though." Wittsen chats a few more words and boils begin fade from his arm. Looking around. "What is this place doing in the middle of no where?"
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Like he had been standing next to @Wittsen Dolgon the whole time a small gnome appears in the snow wearing cyberknight light armor. Instead of a psi sword in hand the small fella had a bottle of foul smelling black liquor labeled Malort. The gnome knight mouthed off a bit in a surley haphazard way, “Damn right, hic... Damn right. What indeed? Could it be the proximity to both the water and leyline. Exactly 1000 feet from waters edge to the leyline... Could it be? Hic...” The gnome nearly disapeared as it walked through the snow bank, “Bloody hells...”

Despite the exubrance of @Alenysturathe and the smothering mothering of @HollyTalayuki a single shot lasered out followed by another from the same sniper position. The first one downed Lail and the next one caught Frank in the chest. The little Gnome in the snow popped up on a log standing 1 meter tall. His bottle of liquor being brandished in a fashion that was both alluring and terrifying (the bottle was nearly his size). “Nay see here you ruddy no good Brodkill! We don’t need any more of yours likes in these parts!” The two bodies that smith had hit groaned alive, their compatriots crouched down with weapons in hand. Slater shook her head warning off Hank from doing something. Had antipas not been in the van at that moment he would have seen a magical aura through the shroud Hank currently wore. The aura would have been quickly surpressed but for a moment look somewhat demonic as as big at the van. The gnome continued shouting, “Common youse Killers! I ain’t afraid of you! I am Lord Tilliybum... Knight extrordinaire! You in the van! Yeah you ya ruddy hic... Ruddy brodkill go ahead and take yer best shot I have sent CS tanks to their grave with a larger dick than ye!”

Inside the van Mrs. Dee looked no worse for wear upon first pass. Her clothes, be as they may were torn across the waist and back. It appeared like the creature had surprised her. @Antipas caught as she turned the sight of a large tattoo across her back. Mrs. Dee grabbed Antipas by the hand and rolled up her sleave. High on her bicep was a familiar tatoo. Same Atlantean clan as Antipas. Mrs. Dee whispered, “Thank you Antipas. Did we get those imposters? There are things after Claude. Terrible things. We need to fire everything at them before it is too late.” Gently she placed her finger on Antipas’ blade, “We sit on a knife’s edge... Slide but a bit and we will not make it.” She seemed worn out and slightly afraid, but was possibly, due to lack of time, not telling the slayer everything, just for now what he needed to hear.

The gnome was really whipping folks in the town up into a frenzy, “These brodkill fiends are just like that Atlantean! Van Claude damn! Ruddy fuckers! You there ya Techno wizard... ye look just like him! Took him all the way through the eastern slopes I did. Out to Shemarrian territory and did he say thanks? Even found him his perfect spot... Hell... Hic... No! Take yer van and shove on! Bloody hells just like that Claude, Logmire is closed to ye!” The gnome dropped the bottle manifesting a psi sword to his surprise.

Slater nodded her thanks to the gnome, “To protect this town we will surrender and lay down our lives. We would not have always done this. But today we will.” She looked at @Luke and @Cassiopeia briefly frowning and shouts, “Leave us be, please you have done enough!” Near the crouching Hank and Slater the other two recruiters seemed to get onto all fours not dead but wounded.
@HollyTalayuki heared in her mind Slater’s voice, ”You must see to our saftey child, everything depends on it.”

The gnome laughed and held his blade for all to see, “What do you say to that killers? Ya lod of Brodkill got a noble streak like that in ye? If not best to just shove off! Prosek’s balls is that a froking flamewind, god damn it if it don’t look my old friend?” It was clear in his drunked stupor the knight was refering to the 77th as Brodkill and killers... They did shoot first.

Mrs Dee over the radio pipes, ”Who is that yelling? They know where Claude is. We must talk or take him with us!... wait Was that Slater? Smith don’t let her say another word!!”
Gnome Cyberknight
He might be fallen but damn if he is not also well known. Perhaps most thought he was bigger and human or orc. The gnome claiming to be Lord Tillybum covered himself in bloody glory time and time against in the fields of Tolkien, and even during the juicer uprising. For +1 benny tell us a rumor about such a legendary figure.

Quick combat or Social contest. 7 successes needed (1 per character... See notes below)

Quick Combat (combat skill) vs the recruiters and defenders of Logmire. Make your combat roll at -4. Note Tillybum will be an active participant and will roll his legendary skill against you. I will count any success he makes against your total. For each success not met deal a random wound to a player.
Dragon types can add +2.
Signature Move or Power: Describe a cool use of a power or edge and gain a +2 bonus.

Crit fail: 1d4 wounds
Fail: 1 wound
Success: Vigor -2 or fatigue
Raise: Kill a Recruitor.
Double raise: kill cyberknight

Social contest(persuasion, intimidate, Taunt, appropriate kn skill): make a social roll at -2. Note the best you can do is move the gnome to neutral. Slater, will roll against you, and any successes she acheives will go against your total counts. Al gets a +2 to the roll here.

Nothing Suits your fancy. Choose a player and make a support roll at -2 using any skill of choice. Each success and raise adds a +1 to their roll (Max +4). This is an option for super duper special snow flakes whose name rhymes with Nopasta.
Attachments
CA0F5772-72D6-41E4-95EA-50D746540C6D.jpeg
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Antipas » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:46 pm
Inside the van Mrs. Dee looked no worse for wear upon first pass. Her clothes, be as they may were torn across the waist and back. It appeared like the creature had surprised her. @Antipas caught as she turned the sight of a large tattoo across her back. Mrs. Dee grabbed Antipas by the hand and rolled up her sleave. High on her bicep was a familiar tatoo. Same Atlantean clan as Antipas. Mrs. Dee whispered, “Thank you Antipas. Did we get those imposters? There are things after Claude. Terrible things. We need to fire everything at them before it is too late.” Gently she placed her finger on Antipas’ blade, “We sit on a knife’s edge... Slide but a bit and we will not make it.” She seemed worn out and slightly afraid, but was possibly, due to lack of time, not telling the slayer everything, just for now what he needed to hear.


Antipas growls a bit in frustration, "What in the sphincter of hell is Claude playin at?" Storming out of the van to face the angry drunken knight he is surprised to recognize the mans name. One of the cyberknights who defied Coake to aid Tolkeen, the records and rumors the undeadslayer had heard in Lazlo put the fellow in Geists employ for at time before he fell off the face of the earth for all intents and purposes. Many had thought the rogue sorceress had had Lord Tilliybum killed when he and others turned against her and her methods.

"Lord Tilliybum we in fact helped stop the brodkil and we have no ill will to you or you town. But those four are not who and what they say." Struggling to be less demanding and intimidating he pauses to find a way to frame his point.
Kn:History for social
Modifiers: Scene -2, Fatigue -1, charisma -2. Net -5
Kn:History 1d8-5 = 0: 5 Benny from rumor for EE with Elan 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6-5 = -4: 1
History. Tilliybum was well know for his interest in not just the big picture details of the past, but the minutia. Tales and fables of everyday life in a strange and dangerous world. "Like Lukkan when the hags glamour made his friends seem as foes, your blade is pointed in the wrong direction." Mixing fables a bit he continues. "There are change-wolves in your flock and they are posing as sheepdogs. We new comers are wolfhounds come to sniff them out."

Gods, I sound like that Khardis
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:22 am

Persuasion 7
-2 Outsider, +2 difficulty, -1 Fatigue
Persuasion 1d6-1 = 1: 2
Wild 1d6-1 = 3: 4
Benny to EE Elan 1d6+5 = 7: 2
Vigor 14
-2 difficulty, -1 Fatigue
Vigor 1d8-3 = -1: 2
Wild 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Benny to EE Elan 1d6+5 = 11: 6
Ace 1d6+10 = 14: 4 (last roll should have been +4, not 5)
Logmire
Night
Round 0

Alenysturathe jumped when shots rang out. She looked around to see who fired. “What’s going on?” she said, surprised. Antipas and the gnome were arguing.

“Everyone calm down! We can sort this out! We’re just here to look for Claude. If you know where he is, tell us, and we can be on our way.”

***

-1 Fatigue
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 10/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 4 eclips, 0 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 8/8 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:10 pm

OOC Comments
Kn Arcane 1d10-2 = 7: 9
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wittsen looks flustered as a mysterious gnome pops up next to him and proceeds to be an uppity drunk.

“You listen here Mr. Gnome, I am not a person to mocked and called a murder! I am Wittsen mighty holder of the secrets of the Lay Line! I have forgotten more about lay lines then you will ever know. They hum to me and tell me their secrets. I shall now prove it to you.

The Lay Lines expand the globe of your so-called planet Earth. Even though you also call dirt earth which is pretty damn silly if you ask me. But that’s people for you always making things more complicated than they have to be. The power is not from the Earth neither the planet nor the dirt. You people. You think that just because you have special lines running across your planet you think you own them. Well guess what “Magic” as simple of a term as calling a river a steam has its’ routes in other dimensions! Ya! Mind blown I bet, and they had it long before Earth did. The term magic actually comes from the dimension of… I’m sorry I forgot the name but still the point is that you were not the first. if my brood were here I’m sure they could fill you in. Now where was I? Oh yes, “Magic,” did I mention how silly that name is? I’m sure I must have. Now “Magic” as you understand it is simple trick but that not correct. Maybe to a half baked cyber knight such as yourself it’s a fancy thing you can do with your mind, but it’s not they all come from the same place,the Lay Lines, or as they are know in other places that you have not heard of the Fisnka. Fisnka is the power in between places. Earth has a highly concentrated amount of Fisnka allowing other beings to travel between the places, and allowing people such as yourself the pleasure of doing “Magic Tricks.” But in reality this planet has yet to harreness the true potential of the Lay Lines. Which is actually quite a broadly study science study by the brightest minds in the Mega Verse. Now the term Mega Verse is also in acuart as there is nothing really all that Mega or Verse. If you think about it. I mean if you really think about it… But I digress as we were discussing the infiltasinalble powers of lay lines, and you got me all thrown off. Please quit waving around toy you call a psi-blade it is really quite distracting. Now the lay lines speak as we all know, which is why great wizards such as myself chant the arcane,, words into the air summoning the powers of the lay lines, but I guess one such as yourself just tHiNks ReAlLy HaRd and stuff happens. No. That is nonsense. What your actually doing is the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot as the lay lines have to do a lot of translating to figure out what jumbled thoughts brains have. The real power comes when you can speak the language. But it is still very complicated you understand. The words we have knowledge of are very limited. You see it is like going to a foreign country where you only know the native tongue for “Hi,” “Bye,” and “How much are those tacos.” You already see the problem? Yes I see you do. That is a good lad. Now if had all the words and understood the proper grammar and syntax we could make some really stuff happen. But atlast, as I mentioned before we are limited. We can bare understand why if we put the word “Eth” in front of the word “gasmil” we can shoot a blot of lighting, but if we reverse the order it makes a pig turn into a horse. It’s all very complication and tone matters as well. But I won’t even bore you with proper tone in spells as that takes at least a year to even comprehend. Nonetheless to say the lay lines do not uncouth characters. I mean who does right. You come asking for a gift you should at least be polite about the matter. Now where was I?... Oh yes the language of what you people of Earth, the planet not the dirt, call “Magic.” I remember studying for hours over tomes. That is RIGHT! Books not these screens everyone stares into like zombies these days. For really real “Magic” comes from tomes. Seriously crack open a book one of these days it is amazing how old books smell. Anyways I was reading the theory of the protection spell when it came to me that if you inversed the tone you could actually heal wounds, and that is how I learn a spell way above my skill level. It can be dangerous but sometimes taking risks is a good thing. Not that your generation knows anything about taking risks. Now where was I. I believe you made me lose my train of thought with yelling. Very rude.”
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Luke » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:08 pm

So many people talking and trying to communicate at once, it is grating on Luke's ear nubs.

Just as he is about to ask for Xander to que up a lullaby by the rock band, Galactic Star Clusters, Xander begins piping into the suit, a recorded piece they found on Earth.

Sound of Silence Cover
K/Electronics 12

HJ: +1
[*] Electronics (1d10) 1d10 = 8: 8
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Benny for Extra Effort (2 of 3 remaining)
[*] Extra Effort (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
Luke flips on his external public address system, as Xander routes the music over several radio frequencies. As the music floods the air waves, Luke cuts the internal speakers and focuses on transmitting to as many as possible.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Stoic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 am

OOC Comments
Psionics 1d10-2 = -1: 1
Wild Die 1d6-2 = -1: 1
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Tsume » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:41 pm

"I'm nyot sure what nys going on, but maybe nyis will work."

Tsume is unsure what to do or how she can help so she approaches the interviewers as she begins to chant in her weird cat language.

Tsume uses her Holy Warrior edge.
Holy Warrior
She is tasked with destroying evil by her Guardian Cat Spirits. She can call upon their holy power to repulse supernaturally evil creatures, such as undead, demons, and the like. It also works on evil characters with Arcane Background (Miracles) edge. Repulsing evil costs 1 PPE and has a range of the character's Spirit. Targeted creatures within range must make a Spirit roll. Failure means the creature is Shaken; a 1 means it is destroyed. Wild Cards suffer an automatic Wound instead.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Cass slips a tool out of her belt. It looks like a fat screwdriver handle, but with a crystal instead of a metal shaft with a bit at the end. Fiddling with the grooves and lines, her hands trace new lines, shift panels and press a sequence of buttons. The gem begins to glow, whirling through an array of colors. Finally Cass snaps a panel down and waves tool at the four defenders of Logmire. A pale beam, like a flashlight swings back and forth across their faces, scanning them.
Technowizardry
Basically she’s making a Detect Arcane Beam using her screwdriver gadget as a base. I want to reveal what they really are.
Technowizard, plus MM = 1d12+4 = 6: 2
wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2

1d12+4 = 5: 1
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 pm


Time of Day 4pm
1d8 = 2: 2 wild 1d6 = 1: 1
The Gnome silently, and at times half a sleep took in all the arguments with a thoughtful and considerate nod. There was a moment that he nearly went fully asleep during Wittsen's monologue about nothing.

Slater looked at the drunken gnome whom was brandishing his psi blade with a cocked eye. She smiled easily and said very calmly, "We have protected this town, not just from the latest Brodkill but even from those murdering mercs and their Titan Power Armor." She paused looking at the 77th for a moment with a twinge of sadness, " We are familiar with the 77th, they can do well in our stead if you wish us to move on..."

The gnome stood atop a rock all three feet tall waved his psi sword cutting her off. He was looking at her and the other so called recruiters. The flash of light from @Cassiopeia's device revealed them as hulking menaces! Those of you who had fought on the planes of hell or in Tolkien recognized them as Daemonix! Large or Hulking Amphibian, demon, technowizard horrors that should have never seen the light of day. As Tsume's holy aura spread out a few of these now revealed creature's backed away either afraid of her or something else.
Hank or Hangdog
Hangdog.jpg
Hank
Hangdog.jpg (68.76 KiB) Viewed 57 times
Frank or Feculence
Feculence.jpg
Frank
Feculence.jpg (66.83 KiB) Viewed 57 times
Lail or Basal
Basal.jpg
Lail
Slater or Manslayer
Manslayer.jpg
Slater
Manslayer.jpg (67.03 KiB) Viewed 57 times
Kn Arcana
While the sub-demon Daemonix are practically walking PPE batteries, most have neither the natural ability to use their energies for magic, nor the capacity to learn the intricacies of spellcasting. The Techno-Wizards of Tolkeen, however, came up with a brilliant solution after just a bit of experimentation on their new allies. Something of the unique nature of the Daemonix physiology, as well as their mystical makeup, allows for arcane bionics to be installed in their bodies—Techno-Wizard weapons and devices drawing upon their natural PPE reserves, and to which their bodies naturally and easily adapted.
Kn Arcana Raise, this also includes the description of each Daemonix encountered so worth a peek if the pics did not do it for you.

Daemonix Types:
  • basal “He who shall be obeyed” is the translation for the name of this breed of Daemonix, who are also called the Overmasters by the others of the broader clan. With a massive head flowing into the “torso with eyes,” and two huge arms over a second pair of smaller, spindlier ones, the Basal asked only for legs (of a very specific design) from their Techno-Wizard benefactors. Otherwise consigned to a slug-like lower body, they enjoy standing taller and the significantly increased mobility. Basal Daemonix are invariably assigned to any demon unit as its commander, which is the natural order of things for all involved. They are egotistical, calculating, and demand obedience from servants and respect from all others. They are the greatest source of worry for anyone who dares to ally with the Daemonix over a period of time. The main reason the Basal avoid any more TW bionics beyond their legs is their impressive array of psionic powers. They fear more upgrades would interfere with this natural, powerful advantage.
  • Feculence “He who is most foul and cunning” is the translation for what the Daemonix call this particular breed. They are the smallest of the demon species, though they still tower over humans at 12–15 feet tall and stretch to well over 20 feet in length. Their basic form is a nightmarish cross of crab, dolphin, and crayfish, with the sickly white or pale gray skin of all Daemonix. Almost all of the Feculence out of Tolkeen had most of their limbs, including their main legs, replaced with TW bionics. They are also typically armed with a couple of laser rifles and at least two melee weapons. Feculence demons excel at missions of scouting, at least in comparison to their larger brethren, but their true specialty is interrogation and torture. If Daemonix are instructed to capture prisoners from enemy forces, such captives are always turned over to a Feculence demon for information gathering (and, usually, disposal).
  • Hangdog “He who serves, the lowest of the low”—the translated name for this rather pathetic (in relative terms) breed of Daemonix. The leaders of Tolkeen made a minor attempt, when the Daemonix first came through the summoning portals, to elevate the breed. This was nearly disastrous as the other breeds threatened rebellion and the Basals who were handling initial negotiations explained that changing the caste order of their species was simply impossible. The Hangdogs are little more than moderately intelligent beasts of burden, and while they complain constantly about their lot in life, they seem utterly disinclined to change anything about it. Hangdog Daemonix are huge, vaguely rhinoceros-like creatures with huge heads and massive horns. They have four legs and two almost comically large arms of immense strength. They are accustomed to tasks such as mining and pulling large cargo, but they've adapted to the role of war mounts with great capacity.
  • Manslayer “He who battles.” As the Immolators might be considered the “armor” of the species, Manslayers are its infantry. They live to fight, often battling amongst themselves— or with anything else they can pick a fight with—if they aren't kept fairly active against enemy forces. A Manslayer's amphibian-like head, complete with giant bulging eyes, sits atop a humanoid body with large powerful arms and short, muscular legs. Spiny tendrils flow from the back of a skull containing a massive maw full of huge teeth.
Kn Arcana Raise Rase (12)
So it turns out you a one of the foremost experts on Daemonix (+2 to any roll made against them). During one of your heady conversations with Plato and Erin Tarin you were schooling them about the social structure of Daemonix. A few things seem out of pattern here. Why did they protect the town vs the Brodkill. Normally the Basal would strike an insideous comprimise. Speaking of the Basal, they are normally the leader, what are they doing letting Slater the manslayer speak for them? Something about that just does not sit right.[/list]
Kn Politics or Kn History
As the war between Tolkeen and the Coalition heated up, the leadership of the magical kingdom made some very questionable, very dark decisions. They were choices made strictly for the sake of victory against an implacable, powerful foe, but their consequences not only spelled the ultimate doom of the kingdom, but left dangerous and even catastrophic consequences in the wake of the war. The rescue and recruitment of the Daemonix ranks very high on the list of the Federation's greatest mistakes.
Kn Politics or Kn History Raise
Once on this side, the Tolkeenites actually offered the Daemonix a choice—serve with Tolkeen to save the city from the horrible Coalition Empire, or seek their fortunes in the new, wide world they'd been brought to. While the gesture seems noble on the surface, most understand it was a highly calculated risk, and a clever manipulation by those who conducted the rescue. With an offer to unleash their glorious, destructive might against an army, and the opportunity to be armed with magical devices to make them even more powerful and grand in this new world, there was little doubt the vast majority of the Daemonix would assent to the request to join Tolkeen's army.
Kn Politics Or Kn History Raise Raise(12)
Wow! You wrote your thesis at the Lazlo College of History and Witchcraft on the Daemonix and know a ton about them! Your favorite professor Snape told you once that knowledge was power. +2 to your rolls vs Daemonix. Something about this does not sit right. You know Lord Dunscon of Brass city put all the remaining Daemonix under his control after the fall of Tolkeen. Why were four Daemonix out in the middle of nowhere? Normally they would just join forces with the brodkill. Defending a town and then making peaceful relations with the 77th just did not seem their style.
The Gnome's glassy eyes snapped to focus having killed several of these beasts in the past cried, " You'll pay ye daemonix beatifies! Ya murdered my mother, and my father! You'll all pay!!!!" As the Gnome lunged a psychic wave emanated from Smith sending snow and person to the ground stunned. The Gnome knight looked to where the recruiter daemonix were. " Where are they? What happened... What happened to the sun? " They were gone with monstrous tracks in the snow heading east. Moans of villagers filled the air as people started waking up. The light of the sun had dropped surprisingly, as if an hour had gone by. Weirdly it did not feel like you had been out in the elements for all that long... The gnome still shaking off the effects of Smith's psychic scream leaned on a rock, " Look's like they are headed east... You help me hunt them down, I'll take you to where I dropped off your Claude."

Mrs Dee. struggled to get up and pointed at some of the remaining town villagers, " What about the villagers? Some of these people are hurt, or wounded... I know how to set bones and mend the injured. If I recall you are a fan of hover bikes Sir Tillybum? The tracks are easy enough to follow in the snow. You and I can make sure your people here suffer no ill effects of Smith's Psi Shriek, and then catch up easy enough."

The Gnome looked to the east after the tracks with his psi blade seething for revenge. But it disappeared and he bent down next to a woman holding a child, " You are right of course... Shhh... Easy Stephanie... Let me help you."

Mrs Dee gathered the team and in both English and Talyukian said to them, " I am going to say with Lord Tillybum and help out with the folks here. I will make sure he meets up with you. Luke in half a day activate your legion transponder and we will find you... Under no circumstances can we have a group of Daemonix's roving the country side. There are more villages and hamlets all along the river they could ravage or worse take over. We were lucky with Logmire... They already have a head start so go get them... " She paused glancing amusingly at Smith or rather his bare chest that again just seemed to rebuff the effects of the cold, " Put on a shirt before you make @Alenysturathe swoon... Good Luck to you all!"
Holly
Daemonix are called Winter's Bane on your home world. They are a scourge that every adult of the tribe faces prior to becoming an elder.

You also get a +2 to the below chase roll if you are running due to your ability to move through the snow with ease.
Before the group presumably took off Mrs Dee Pulled Antipas aside for a special conversation...
" I owe you some answers and I promise when we meet up I will explain everything. For now, do what you know is right. I believe in you and they trust you."

The Chase is on!!

Make a Driving roll if Driving the vehicle. Driving, Notice, Survival, kn engineering can all be used to assist the driver. If not in the vehicle make an agility roll to run or fly. The tracks are not too hard to follow as the creatures seemed flee as fast as they could east. The way east is a snowy land scape filled with craigs, drop offs, studded with tall snow covered trees. There is even an icey lake!!

If you are out in the cold running please make a Vigor roll at -2 vs the cold. If you fail you take a level of fatigue.

Special: For Drivers or Runners/flyers... Driving or Running all out! You can take 1 or 2 lvls of wounds for the vehicle or Fatigue for a person running
1 wound or fatigue: +2 to roll
2 wound or fatigue: +4 to roll
These wounds or fatigues carry into the next round of the chase or its conclusion.

7 total successes are needed to catch up.

So feel free of course to RP and react to the scene, and then make your roll so we can see how close you all get to your quarry!

Make only one Kn Roll to learn more about the Daemonix! For example any player who tries both Kn arcana and Kn politics gets eaten by a Sarlac! Thanks for playing.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master
Posts: 767
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Out of Character - Chase Skill Contributions

Post by Sgt 86Delta » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:13 am

Out of Character - Chase Skill Contributions

Driving - No One
Piloting (Possible w/ a disadvantage @Pender Lumkiss ) - Cass d6; Pas d6; Smith d8

Notice - Pas d6; Al d6; Smith d6; Cass d8; Witt d8; Luke d10+2

Survival - Witt d6; Tsume d8

K/Engineering -Smith d6; Holly d6+1; Cass d10; Luke d10+3


If piloting is a go, then recommend Smith with Pas as support.

Recommend Notice for Luke with Al as support

Recommend Survival for Tsume with Wittsen as support

Recommend K/Engineering Cassiopeia with Holly as support

Could Alenys carry the Van with everyone in it?

@Smith @Antipas @HollyTalayuki @Tsume @Cassiopeia @Wittsen Dolgon @Alenysturathe @Luke
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]

User avatar
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master
Posts: 767
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Re: Snow filled Mountains and Plains: Heading to Logmire ( on the way to Captain Claude)

Post by Sgt 86Delta » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:17 am

Comon Knowledge 9
[*] Common Knowledge (1d10) 1d10 = 9: 9
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
OOC Comments
Luke has been at the search for a cure for a long time. Traveling across the Three Galaxies in that time, Luke has come across many unique species.

The last time he had encountered the demon dregs, Daemonix, had been on the recently shattered moon of Cabris. The shattered moon debris made for an asteroid shell that was bloacking out much needed sunlight for the planet Cabris. Luke was on one of the larger astroids trying to determine a means for clearing up the asteroids entirely.

The Daemonix he had encountered had been left behind on Cabris's moon before it had been shattered. They were resilient and been on this particular asteroid for several weeks. These particular Daemonix were in their natural forms and had nearly gotten Luke, if his perimeter sensors had not warned him of their approach.
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”