Player Name: Jason
Google Handle: Leprecoon99
Name: Mikhail Peterov
Rank: Seasoned (7 advances) Advances Left: 0
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7
- Athletics d8
- Common Knowledge d4
- Notice d6
- Fighting d8
- Focus d8
- Intimidation d8
- Persuasion d4
- Occult d4
- Stealth d4
- Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Pace: 6; Parry: 8; Toughness: 17 (6)
- Fighting d12
- Hindrance (Major): Impulsive (Major): The hero leaps before he looks
- Overconfident (Major): The hero believes he can do anything
- Hindrance (Minor): Enemy (Minor): The character has a recurring nemesis. - maybe a local gang
- Free Runner (Hindrance): Ignore Difficult Ground and add +2 to Athletics in foot chases and Athletics (climbing).
- Brawny (Hindrance): The characters lift was increased by 1 die type. In addition toughness was increased by 1.
- Dark Tidings - Nocturn (Interlude): San sense and identify supernatural beings of any type you have encountered on a Notice roll, within your line of sight. Using this ability is a free action, cost no power points, and can be persistent throughout the scene.
- Immortal potential (Advance 1): The nightbane’s Morphus form increased in power by 2 build points. - +2 armor / +1 toughness
- Strength +1d (Advance 2)
- Martial Artist Martial Artist (Advance 3): Unarmed fighting +1d, fists and feet are considered natural weapons, +1d damage to unarmed fighting,
- Brawler (Advance 4): Toughness +1, add d4 to damage from fists; or increase it a die type if combined with Martial Artist, Claws, or similar abilities.
- Focus +1d (Advance 5)
- Frenzy (Advance 6): Roll a second Fighting die with one melee attack per turn.
- New Powers (Advance 7): The character learned two new powers for AB Dark Talents.
Nightbane Natural Abilities & Powers
- Dark Sight: Supernatural awareness allows the Nightbane to ignore dim, and dark lighting penalties in either form. They are still affected by Supernatural or total darkness.
- Facade: All Nightbane have a unique Facade form that looks and seems human in every way. This allows them to move undetected in mortal society. Nightbane grow and live their young lives in the facade form most not discovering their true nature or morphus until exposed to extreme stress or life threatening events.
- Immortality: Nightbane do not age again after their first transformation, called becoming.
- Mirror Wall*: By taking a full minute of concentration while staring into a reflective surface, Nightbane are able to enter the Shadowlands with a successful Spirit roll. The Nightbane may take others across with her as well. For each additional character transported, the Nightbane incurs a -1 to her Spirit roll. Each passenger crossing with the Nightbane must make a Vigor roll or suffer 1 level of Fatigue.
- Sense Nightbane: The Nightbane can automatically sense others with Arcane Background: Dark Talents within Smarts x2 inches as if activating Detect Arcana with a roll of 4.
- Regeneration: Nightbane regenerate quickly in either form and may make a natural Healing roll once per day (rather than once per week). Whenever the Nightbane gains a permanent injury, it may make a natural healing roll once recovered from the Incapacitation that caused the injury. On a success, the injury heals after 1d6 days.
- Supernatural Becoming*: The Nightbane has the ability to turn into their Morphus form by concentrating for one full round doing nothing else. The Nightbane can make a Spirit Roll at -2 to transform as a single action, on a raise this action does not inflict a multiple action penalty to other actions in the turn. While in their Morphus form the character gains the following abilities:
- Dark Champion*: Nightbane are natural enemies with the forces of darkness and gain the Champion edge whenever in their Morphus Form.
- Dark Talents*: The character has Arcane Background: Dark Talents (See below for details). Talents PPE 15
- Inhuman Shape*: The Morphus form is an expression of the Nightbane's subconscious that is unique and inhuman. The nightbane’s morphus form is built using the race creation rules allowing for 8 build points and a maximum of -4 in negative racial abilities. All such Racial Abilities must be representative of the physical change in the Nightbane’s anatomy/appearance. If the Super Powers Companion option is used as per SWADE page 19 no single power may cost more than 8 points.
- Horns: The being has a horn or horns that cause Str+d6. Combined with natural abilities this equals 1d12+1d8+2 damage.
- Immune to Poison: The species is immune to poison
- Toughness: The character has extremely dense tissue that increases his base Toughness by +1
- Armor: The character has extremely dense tissue that increases his base Armor by +6
- Infravision: The creature “sees” heat, either through eyes or other sensory organs. This halves Illumination penalties when attacking warm targets (including invisible beings).
- Leaper: The character can jump twice as far as listed under Movement, page 92. In addition, he adds +4 to damage when leaping as part of a Wild Attack instead of the usual +2 (unless in a closed or confined space where he cannot leap horizontally or vertically— GM’s call).
- Wall Walker: The species may walk on vertical surfaces normally, or inverted surfaces at half Pace.
- Monstrous Size: The character has a giant size morphou gaining an additional +3 die type strength, +3 Toughness. (Giant Morphus x3, including Supernatural Physical Form bellow this makes +4d strength)
- Big: The race is particularly large in a world where most others aren’t. He subtracts 2 from Trait rolls when using equipment that wasn’t specifically designed for his race and cannot wear their armor or clothing. Equipment, food, and clothing cost double the listed price.
- All Thumbs: Something in the demonic nature of this being makes technology glitch.
- Weakness Cold Iron: Mikhail’s morphus not only adopted so much of the power of the demonic form. But he likewise adopted the weaknesses of the form. He suffers +4 damage from Cold Iron, and is -4 to resist cold iron trapped powers.
- Natural Combat Ability*: While in Morphus form the Nightbane benefits from +2 die types increase in fighting over their facade and the Martial Arts Edge. If the character already has Martial Arts then it inflicts +2 damage bare handed.
- Supernatural Physical Form*: The Morphus form is supernaturally powerful. They gain +1 die type to Strength and Vigor.
- Supernatural Toughness*: The Morphus form has +2 Toughness, and Combat Reflexes.
- Unique Nature*: All Nightbane begin with two unique Nightbane racial edges of choice (see below for options).
- Animal Morphus (Goat) gains access to Animal related trappings for the type of animal in his morphus. gains +2 in Nightbane Racial Abilities to help represent the form and adds a +1 to Beast Friend, Shape Change, and Summon Ally which are added to their power list but limited to the appropriate animal related Trapping.
- Demonic Morphus: The nightbanes Morphus form is demonic in appearance. gains the Fear ability as always on while in morphus. In addition, may use Focus for in place Intimidation for Tests and even as a replacement for edge qualifications while in morphus.
- Sorcerous Potential: A Nightbane may choose Arcane Background (Magic), they have no potential for Psionics or ISP based abilities.
- Basically Human: Nightbane Facade always appear human and they count as both nightbane and human for any effects, edges or restrictions. Note: Although human, Nightbane do not receive the “free” human edge at character creation.
- Call to Action: Something in the Nightbane causes them to be unable to stand by and do nothing in the face of evil. The Nightbane is compelled to oppose supernatural evil in the form of Vampires, and servants of The Dark and begin play with the heroic hindrance. The occasional evil Nightbane without this drive is not appropriate as a player character.
- Demonic Aversion: Something in their nature causes vampires, and servants of The Dark to react badly towards the Nightbane. They suffer -4 to all persuasion and positive interaction rolls when dealing with all three groups of monsters. In addition, all Nightbane are actively hunted by the Nightlord’s forces in a system that only allows “join or die” options.
- Hunted by Evil: Due to their inherent fight against evil, supernatural evil beings are subconsciously drawn to the Nightbane.They begin play with the major hindrance Wanted (Night Lords and their Minions).
- Morphus Form: The character must transform to use any Morphus form abilities. This transformation requires a concentration action for 1 full turn. However, the character can make a Spirit Roll at -2 to transform as a single action. If the character rolls a raise the transformation does not incur a multiple action penalty.
- Vulnerable to Darkblades: The character takes +4 Damage from magical weapons crafted with demonic magic. In addition, the character has trouble healing wounds inflicted by evil weapons and suffers a -2 to Vigor rolls for natural healing when wounded by Darkblades.
- Havoc: 2 PPE, Instant, Limitation -1 (no range). Targets in MBT or Cone are Distracted and may be hurled.
- Speed/Slow: 2 PPE, Smarts range, Sloth is Instant, Speed is 5 rounds. Increases or decreases movement.
- Healing: 3 PPE, touch, Instant, Restores Wounds less than an hour old.