Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:58 pm

All roads lead to a clearing surrounded by tall knotted oaks. The clearing is low cut grass, and occasional rock or two. Nothing that you could really call cover. The leyline turned away from the clearing making it one of the farthest points from the glowing blue line. Through happenstance, luck or divine providence each pair arrives to this clearing at the same time. A broken down wagon with laser blast scoring is in the middle of it. There seems to be something glinting in the noon time sun in its wooden wreckage. The wind rustles, and each duo sees each other... Clearly not an ambush... At least the fridged cold had abated some whilst the sun was shining bright.

The road to Kingsdale is across the clearing to the south east. You probably have about half a days journey left until you reach the murderthon. The sun is high so if you pushed on there is a great chance you could make it before sun down. Rumor is Kingsdale has some fine taverns! Only problem, you got to cross a grassy no man’s land. Who knows what these other blokes are up to, plus anything could be hiding in those trees! Definitely not an ambush.
Common Kn roll to recognize other Legionaries of the Tomorrow Legion. Raise, you know their name!
Make a Notice roll vs a 12, notice checks can include the keen sense of smell (dog-boys etc) and gain a +2 from a pungent smell
Notice vs Stealth! 1d8+4 = 11: 7 wild 1d6+4 = 10: 6 ace 1d6: 2
Fail: You do not notice anything
Success: You see some humanoid shapes behind some of the trees to the north
Raise: You see an assortment of juicers and possibly black market enforcers.

Danger Sense Special: Just roll the above notice and note you have danger sense as well.

Feel free to RP a tad as you all come into this clearing from a series of westerly directions. Make the notice roll!

Lulu if you want in, I was thinking you are what is glinting in the wagon. You were attacked a few hours ago, and now are just coming too.
Attachments
BCD3074C-8F1C-45D3-AD36-53BEB5D7482F.jpeg
DAF8AA5A-B88A-4AC1-B3A9-11BAC919C054.jpeg
DAF8AA5A-B88A-4AC1-B3A9-11BAC919C054.jpeg (27.08 KiB) Viewed 195 times
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
1/3
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
6/7
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2
77th GM bennies
1/7

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Players)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 pm

Shazam!

Jane felt the sun on her face and was certainly aware of the other features of the day, though she did not have names to fit the descriptions.

Notice 7
Alertness: +2
Clueless: -1
Drug Induced Tranquility: -1
[*] Notice (1d6) 1d6: 6
[*] Aced! Notice (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 7: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 1
Common Knowledge -3
Composite Modifier: -6
[*] Common Knowledge (1d4) 1d4: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 2

She had spent the last few hours changing her appearance to look like the two highwayman. Even using their voices to fit Tex and Danny.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 pm
Tex looked at the woman and back at the cyber knight. He had grown quiet, far to quiet. He nodded clearly the smarter of the two. “ Yeah it sounded like you did say that Danny. Something fishy is going on. Look, we need to meet some friends, so we will be moving along.”
Performance 5
HJ: +1
[*] Performance (1d6) 1d6: 4
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 4
74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:28 pm
Due to her proximity to the two highwayman, Tex and Danny, Jane begins fiddling with impersonation. She makes alteration to herself that give her a look of Two Face, even making alteration to her exterior clothing (not her armor).

Left side looks like Tex with straight greasy black hair and eyes of a deep brown. His face is creased from too many days in the sun and not much personal hygene. He did have the common sense to be wearing earth tones and Jane mimiced those as well as his voice pattens.

Right side looks like Danny with curly sandy blonde hair and hazel green eyes. His youthfulness can be seen in the chubbiness of a face that has yet to lose all its babyfat or maybe he was just a little hefty. Jane cannot tell the difference as humans come in all shapes and sizes, unlike Altarans. His clothes were a dusty grey and Jane was doing her best to find ways to copy that.
In Danny's voice: "What kind of friends would only send two people for a robbery?"

In Tex's voice: "The kind that want you dead?"

In Danny's voice: "Exactly. They must have thought we were idiots."

In Tex's voice: "Well it's a good thing that our friends had set up that ambush. Right, Danny?"

In Danny's voice: "They certainly had our backs, didn't they, Tex?"

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Players)

Post by Keith » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:22 pm

OOC Comments
Common Knowledge 1d4-2 = 1: 3
Wild Die 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Notice 1d8+2 = 8: 6
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5

User avatar
Lenard Hill
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:20 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Players)

Post by Lenard Hill » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:29 pm

OOC Comments
know 1d4: 2
Wild 1d6: 5
Notice 1d6: 1
Wild 1d6: 3

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Aggelos » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Common Knowledge
CK 1d4: 3
Wild 1d6: 3
Notice
Notice 1d6: 3
Wild 1d6: 1
Danger Sense
Notice +2, 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Forty-Two » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:51 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4

Common Knowledge 1d4: 1
Wild 1d6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4

Forty two moves into the clearing and upon seeing the other legionnaires was excited. So excited in fact he completely missed the juicers hiding in not ambush. "Oh WOW!" He said zipping towards the middle of the clearing, his voice somehow projecting out loudly enough via arcane power to be clearly heard by all. "We did not know other legionnaires would be here. "Rena, Léonard, How are you? Did you know I am on an official mission now. Then sent Aggy to watch me and keep me safe."

Zipping around he says. "Hey Aggy, check this out. Its more Legionnaires, did you know we would have allies on the road? This is so cool, we can catch up and talk about what are missions are.

"We are going on a mission to Kingsdale. I don't know if they have a king, but we are going there. Where are you going?"

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Aggelos » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:06 pm

As soon as they enter the clearing Aggy gets the gut-punched feeling that tells her the fan is about to meet some shit at a high rate of speed. Her first instinct is that it's from one or both of the other couples approaching the clearing. She's about to warn Forty-Two and has her guns half drawn when the little guy begins to gush excitedly to them.
Forty-Two wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:51 pm

Forty two moves into the clearing and upon seeing the other legionnaires was excited. So excited in fact he completely missed the juicers hiding in not ambush. "Oh WOW!" He said zipping towards the middle of the clearing, his voice somehow projecting out loudly enough via arcane power to be clearly heard by all. "We did not know other legionnaires would be here. "Rena, Léonard, How are you? Did you know I am on an official mission now. Then sent Aggy to watch me and keep me safe."

Zipping around he says. "Hey Aggy, check this out. Its more Legionnaires, did you know we would have allies on the road? This is so cool, we can catch up and talk about what are missions are.

"We are going on a mission to Kingsdale. I don't know if they have a king, but we are going there. Where are you going?"
Despite the urge to find cover she follows the simulacrum out into the clearing with her colts drawn. "Are you sure about them? Something is off here and they all look kinda shifty." In particular she eyes the weirdo talking to herself and the hesitant seeming robed person with her. Then she looks over the clearing, eyes settling on the wagon. Maybe that's trapped
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by LuLu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:06 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:58 pm
Lulu if you want in, I was thinking you are what is glinting in the wagon. You were attacked a few hours ago, and now are just coming too.
Lulu's eyes blink open and she groans. Even through display of her helmet, the sun in her face is bright and her head throbs with pain. It takes her a minute before she remembers what happened. An attack. They'd shot at her, scaring the horse and overturning her cart! "Fluck a duck!" Where was she now? She dared not move her head, in case of a neck fracture.

'First move your toes and fingers, check for pain in the torso and neck...Okay. feet move, hands are unbound and move...' Carefully she moved her fingers up into her line of sight. Her hands were unbound and the only pain was in her head. Probably a concussion. She closed her eyes as she drew her power to her hands. "Fii... Vin...decat" She mumbled as her hands smoothed over the faceplate of her helmet. It was a simple healing spell, a power she'd discovered she could do when she was a young teen at the coaching of her grandmother, the local wise woman. She was the old lady who folks went to when their animals or a family member was ailing. Gumma Adela used to take her along when she visited the sick and taught her many of the old folk remedies that were used when other medicines were too expensive or unavailable.

It only took a moment for the power to soak into Lulu's head and for the pain to recede. She sighed with relief and gathered her strength to sit up. She was still in the cart, but the cart was on it's side, holes blasted through the panels. She grabbed a panel and hauled herself to her feet, the boards were frosty and her booted foot slipped. She cursed again as she tumbled forward, bursting out of the side of the wagon and onto the frosty grass beyond. Thankful she was alone, for she hadn't heard or seen anyone else around, Lulu managed to pick herself up and finally stand near the wreckage of her cart. She could see her gear scattered nearby, but she didn't see the crates of nutrients Granny Glenda had sent with her for Kingsdale.
"Dragon balls!" she muttered under her breath. She scanned the area, trying to remember where she was and how far she had to go to get to Kingsdale.
Skill Checks
Healing Power Faith: 1d10: 2
Wild: 1d6: 1
Unnecessary
Notice: 1d6: 5
Wild: 1d6: 4
Common Knowledge: 1d6: 5
Wild: 1d6: 2

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Jane begin registering other voices as she and Leonard approached the over turned ... whatever. At least she thought it was overturned.

Maybe this thing moved with wheels in the air and not on the ground. Then Jane heard the moans from inside a container beneath the earth vehicle that moved with its wheels in the air.

@Lenard Hill Pointing to the heap in the middle, "What is that mess? Most other places a vehicle travels with its wheels on the ground."

Jane also makes mental notes of the new voices approaching and begins analyzing them according to Protocol Green Yellow Red.
Forty-Two wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:51 pm
Forty two moves into the clearing and upon seeing the other legionnaires was excited. So excited in fact he completely missed the juicers hiding in not ambush. "Oh WOW!" He said zipping towards the middle of the clearing, his voice somehow projecting out loudly enough via arcane power to be clearly heard by all. "We did not know other legionnaires would be here. "Rena, Léonard, How are you? Did you know I am on an official mission now. Then sent Aggy to watch me and keep me safe."

Zipping around he says. "Hey Aggy, check this out. Its more Legionnaires, did you know we would have allies on the road? This is so cool, we can catch up and talk about what are missions are.

"We are going on a mission to Kingsdale. I don't know if they have a king, but we are going there. Where are you going?"
Jane notes an object with wings but can't tell if @Forty-Two is flying, hovering, or hopping across the ground. The high pitched squeel should be easy enough to mimic.

Forty-two's movements bring the smell of machine oil. The kind that are used in weapons, specifically pistols. Her sightless eyes fix their piercing blue orbs on @Aggelos and she recognizes at least the two pistols held in the other figure's hands. Voice catalogued as Aggy.

She leaves Lenard's side and quickly shortens the distance to make shooting pistols as dangerous for Aggy as it is for her.

Performance 6
HJ: +1
[*] Performance (1d6) 1d6: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 5
In a voice close to Aggy's: "So you planning to use those sidearms or are you waving them around for show?"

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Forty-Two » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm

74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 pm
In a voice close to Aggy's: "So you planning to use those sidearms or are you waving them around for show?"
Laughing out loud, Forty-Two flies only a dozen feet from Jane Doe. "Ha, that's great, you sounded just like her. Pretty cool."

LuLu wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:06 pm
"Dragon balls!" she muttered under her breath. She scanned the area, trying to remember where she was and how far she had to go to get to Kingsdale.

Then hearing the moans Forty-Two buzzes over to the wagon in only a couple seconds Forty Two points out. "Hey, this lady looks hurt." Flying close to the woman Forty-Two says to her. "Do you need help, I am a Legionnaire and can help you if your injured."

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Keith looks around, his big black eyes covered by dark tinted goggles. who the hell are all of these people?! He clears his throat loudly. "I don't know who you people are, but if this is a robbery you're messing with the wrong guy!"

A bright blue electrical field appears around the shape of him, flickering madly.

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Stoic wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Keith looks around, his big black eyes covered by dark tinted goggles. who the hell are all of these people?! He clears his throat loudly. "I don't know who you people are, but if this is a robbery you're messing with the wrong guy!"

A bright blue electrical field appears around the shape of him, flickering madly.
Jane hears the crackle of energy and records another voice as paranoid human male. These Earthlings are so paranoid.

She turns @Keith's direction and smiles, half Danny/half Tex. In Danny's voice, "Come now. Why so jumpy Sparkly?"

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Aggelos » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 pm

74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 pm

In a voice close to Aggy's: "So you planning to use those sidearms or are you waving them around for show?"
Aggys pistols track the juiced up Altara better than she would have expected and nor does proximity phase her aim. Looking Jane in the eye a second. Nope, not this one "When I've identified the threat, the former. You are not it." then turning dismissively to see what Forty-Two was on about.

"You should really do high altitude flyover fir.."
Forty-Two wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm
Then hearing the moans Forty-Two buzzes over to the wagon in only a couple seconds Forty Two points out. "Hey, this lady looks hurt." Flying close to the woman Forty-Two says to her. "Do you need help, I am a Legionnaire and can help you if your injured."
Damn it now we'll be slowed down by wounded. At least it wasn't a trap.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Aggelos wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Aggys pistols track the juiced up Altara better than she would have expected and nor does proximity phase her aim. Looking Jane in the eye a second. Nope, not this one "When I've identified the threat, the former. You are not it." then turning dismissively to see what Forty-Two was on about.
As @Aggelos walks away Jane assumes Aggy's pose holding her recently acquired NG-56 Light Ion Pistol, Jane says in a purposely off-pitch Aggy voice "When I've identified the threat, blah blah blah. You are not it."

This time in Aggy's voice perfectly, "You need to be way faster than that, if you are going to track me earthling."

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Forty-Two » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:05 pm

Aggelos wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 pm


"You should really do high altitude flyover fir.."
With a clear order Forty Two immediately jumps into action. "Great idea, I am on it @Aggy! Sky high and a view to kill for!" He says as the tiny humanoid robot flies over 100' up into the air looking around.

Forty-Two loved having clear direction on how he can be the most useful and immediately responded. Aggy was turning out to be okay after all. Even if she was still to stuffy.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”