Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Exploits of Adventure Incorporated!
Post Reply
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:36 am

Slow Boat to Escabana
Following Senator Thomm’s commissioning speech, Adventure Inc. makes plans for the first leg of the journey. In order to explore the most territory, and to avoid the logistics of moving a massive group across the continent, the expedition leader Lady Alexandre Mackenzie has split the company into four Expeditionary Groups of various sizes (Intrepid, Venture, Arcana, and Fortune).

Each group has an assigned route, independent of the others, to traverse and explore and then to report their findings at predetermined gathering points for the whole company. The first leg of the journey is from Lazlo to Escanaba (Merc Bay). Groups Intrepid and Venture will travel over land, Group Arcana will map a route of interconnecting ley lines, and Group Fortune by ship.

A few hours north of the city of Lazlo, the port of Collingwood, is abuzz with activity. As Group Fortune loads a small vessel, christened the SS Fortuna, with cargo to support the great expedition of Adventure Incorporated. The ship’s hold is laden with unique wares, gifts from the Senate of Lazlo to be used in political negotiations on the other side of the Rockies. These priceless items cannot be purchased at the major way stations in Ishpeming or the Colorado Baronies. Thus, their arrival in Merc Bay to meet up with the other Expeditionary Groups is paramount.

Preparing to set sail the group makes the final details, sets the watches, and takes care of any last minute business.

You are in a port city about to set off into the great unknown. What do you do?
Journey wrote: When ready to depart, use the Journey rules from the Tomorrow Legion Field Guide to assign roles. You can provide support to the leader as well.
  • Travel Time: 10 hours (1 card flip)
  • Navigator (Survival)
  • Lookout (Notice)
  • Pilot (Boating)
  • Scout (Stealth)
Intel
In addition to possible weather related events, monsters, pirates, and rift activity, your route will pass through waters claimed by the Manitoulin Kingdom Privateers, the CS Navy (Iron Heart), and the Manistique Imperium
S.S. Fortuna
The Fortuna is a Prowler General Utility Craft capable of buzzing around the Great Lakes or entering shallower tributaries and rivers. Adventure Inc. has loaded the cargo space with supplies and specialized equipment for the expedition. These unique items from Lazlo cannot be acquired in Ishpeming. With both the pilot’s station and the gun turret armored against Mega Damage attacks, the Prowler can handle all but the largest aquatic predators.

Stats:
  • Model: GUW-P002 Prowler General Utility Water Craft
  • Size: 6 (Large)
  • Handling: +1
  • Top Speed: 80 MPH
  • Toughness: 26 (14)
  • Crew: 1+30
  • Remaining: Mods 8
  • Notes: Watercraft, Range 800 miles.
Weapons:
TW Lightning Cannon
  • Range: 150/300/600
  • Damage: 4d10, AP 16, ROF 1
  • Shots: 20
  • Mods: 3
  • PPE To Reload: 12
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Ajax » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:25 pm

Ajax groans as he approaches the boat. The prospect of being cooped up on a ship with no room to let loose his unequaled speed niggles at him. Only the bio-comp chemical inhibitors keep him from falling into depression. What did I sign up for? Surely there cannot be rivers and lakes all the way to the west? He jams another bite of a local delicacy, a peameal bacon sandwich, into his mouth. It's his second of the day. Sadly, this may be the last such sandwich I enjoy for some time. What culinary wonders may await me on the journey? He glances around the dock area, looking for other members of his particular team. While he searches, he examines his own equipment. A rifle, a pistol, a sword, and a small assortment of grenades (tucked into his pack) are all the defense he has against the dangers of this world.
This will do.

User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by William Rufus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:26 pm

With his new comrades onboard William climbs up to a look outpost. He scans the horizon and keeps an eye out for trouble, his time at the castle has been well spent. He has met many of his new friends there before starting his first adventure in this new world. He tries to stay close to them remembering what The Owl and Sir Nathan said. stick close to your team, don't go off alone.

Notice: 6
Notice 1d8 = 1: 1 +(alertness+2) (danger sense+2)
Wild:
1d6 = 2: 2

William eventually takes out a Pastrami sub and starts eating it as he continues to scan for anything to report. He has made a lot more friends at the castle and here. Phoenix, He is almost just as opposite of him. Then there is Tex the cowboy of the group. Of course there it the Juicer Centaur, some times he images Tex riding Ajax then it fades away to Phoenix telling them to reverse so Ajax is on top and Tex is caring him. It would be a funny sight. Lessons learned, Never ever get behind Ajax when a fight is going on.
Last edited by William Rufus on Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Game Sheet for William Rufus https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 3 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/4
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny

User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Tex Arcana » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:19 pm

With lunch already having been his first adventure of the day, Tex follows Ajax and William onto the ship. He takes care where he steps having stepped in many a horse-apple as a boy back in his home town of Houstown. He drops his gear on his assigned bunk and goes back on deck to wait for the ship to leave the port. He finds a spot on the rail where there's a bit of breeze to avoid the inevitable wharf smell. He joins William in scanning the shore and the way ahead.

Notice 4, +1 Support
Notice: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3

User avatar
Phoenix
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Phoenix » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:04 am

Pre Journey, Spicy Cooking Grenades 7 (extra die of damage), Journey Stealth 11( includes a +4 fro ghosting, +3 from support).
Stealth, d8+4 while ghosting... 1d8 = 3: 3 wild 1d6 = 4: 4 possibly +4 from ghosting.
Science d8 1d8 = 1: 1 wild 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Huxley: Notice 1d10+2 = 11: 9 wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ace 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 1: 1
While at Frenchies, the local pastrami sandwhich shop, Pheonix stood with his grenade launcher and satchle of explosives in hand, and tool kit tucked under his arm. He had a twinkle in his eye, “ Lets go blow some shit up... El Bathroom ocupado.” While in the bathroom he locked the door and rummaged for some house hold cleaning supplies. There was another reason he had chosen Frenchies as a meet up place. Jay Frenchie, the juicer restauranteur, was a neat freak. He stocked the best cleaning solvents this side of Michigan. All too soon Phoenix had everything he needed for some spicey home cooking. A large white wolf head poked through the side of the bathroom. The mad bomber chuckled, “Hey Huxley, you find your play mate Tiny Time yet?”


After some time at Frenchies “getting to know” the rest of the ‘tuna adventurers he met everyone at the boat with his large white wolf named Huxley. He waved and smiled as if happy to grin and bare it, “Greetings ‘Tunas. Hux and myself will go on ahead and see if we can’t spot maniacs waiting to rob, loot, pillage, and plunder!” He gestured to the large white wolf when he said Hux. The wolf was looking at Pheonix as if it understood him. It also gave @Tiny Tim a sly wolfy wink. There was something unnerving about the wolf, as if encountered in the wild it might not be this tame beast next to the demolition expert.

Pheonix patted her main and rummaged through the supplies looking for a harness he could use as some trail bags and some extra food and water. Last time he was out in the wild he almost did not make it because he forgot food and water. He chuckled to himself, “Grenades can only get you you so far in life.” After a bit of rummaging he upps out a nice saddle with some bags fit for some trail rations and a couple of water skins.

He points in the direction the boat is heading and mentions while pullimg out a grenade abcently putting the pin in and out, “I’ll take Huxley, down that way and scout the banks and what not. Like I said best keep an eye out for time bandits and demonic splurges. We’ll leave now and meet back up later in the evening...” He pocked the grenade and fixed the saddle bags around his large white wolf loading the food and water in. He gave the folks assembled a grin. It will be nice to get into the wild a bit. Not that I hate civilization. Just lazlo has too many rules and regs. Its like going into Chi-town. Sometimes you need to get your murder-death-kill freak on. He tapped his radio, “This will have to be one of those I’ll call you, not you call me.” He got up on Huxley who growled softly, “Anyone seen Tiny Tim?”

He yelled, “Tiny if you are out there, lets move!” He spurned his wolf onward toward the bank and wilds, once out of sight from most folks he ruffles Huxley’s main, “Easy... Easy... Lets get going and in a few hours we will find you something juicy to eat.” Once away from prying eyes he ghosts with his wolf and heads atop the water(preferably sticking to the bank) scouting the way.

User avatar
Mars
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Mars » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 pm

Navigator Role: Survival 12
Survival 1d6+1 = 7: 6 + 1d6 = 5: 5 (+1 for Compass)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2: 1
Mars stands on deck of her new flagship and surveys the team she has been assigned. Irregulars, to be certain, and likely without real military discipline... which is probably fine, as she herself has no regular military discipline, either. Often, the best troops are the irregulars, which makes her oddly comfortable.

She gives a respectful nod to @Phoenix as he and his hound disappear from view, and exchanges pats on the back or quick pleasantries with @Ajax, @Tex Arcana, @William Rufus, and any of her other companions who come aboard.

She checks her compass and reads off the heading to the pilot.

"Let's see about this land westward, shall we?" she declares, eager to get started towards her new seat of power.

User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Tiny Tim » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:36 pm

Scouting Stealth 7
Stealth (+4 due Chameleon Scales)
  • Stealth: 1d6+4 = 7: 3
    Wild: 1d6+4 = 5: 1
    Result: 7 - Success. Assisting Phoenix with +1 Bonus
Phoenix wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:04 am
While at Frenchies, the local pastrami sandwich shop, Phoenix stood with his grenade launcher and satchel of explosives in hand, and tool kit tucked under his arm. He had a twinkle in his eye, “ Lets go blow some shit up... El Bathroom ocupado.” While in the bathroom he locked the door and rummaged for some house hold cleaning supplies. There was another reason he had chosen Frenchies as a meet up place. Jay Frenchie, the juicer restauranteur, was a neat freak. He stocked the best cleaning solvents this side of Michigan. All too soon Phoenix had everything he needed for some spicey home cooking. A large white wolf head poked through the side of the bathroom. The mad bomber chuckled, “Hey Huxley, you find your play mate Tiny Time yet?”
They couldn't see the horse sized dragon, but he was there... curled up in the back corner of Frenchies. He knew how to hide from his playmate, Huxley. The overpowering smell of bleach that the Juicer restauranteur had used to clean up the mess he had from an attempted robbery earlier that day. As his two companions left the restaurant, a slight shimmer and an interruption in the swing close of the door was the only signs that Tiny Tim was there.
Phoenix wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:04 am
After some time at Frenchies “getting to know” the rest of the ‘tuna adventurers he met everyone at the boat with his large white wolf named Huxley. He waved and smiled as if happy to grin and bare it, “Greetings ‘Tunas. Hux and myself will go on ahead and see if we can’t spot maniacs waiting to rob, loot, pillage, and plunder!” He gestured to the large white wolf when he said Hux. The wolf was looking at Phoenix as if it understood him. It also gave @Tiny Tim a sly wolfy wink. There was something unnerving about the wolf, as if encountered in the wild it might not be this tame beast next to the demolition expert.

He points in the direction the boat is heading and mentions while pulling out a grenade absently putting the pin in and out, “I’ll take Huxley, down that way and scout the banks and what not. Like I said best keep an eye out for time bandits and demonic splurges. We’ll leave now and meet back up later in the evening...” He pocked the grenade and fixed the saddle bags around his large white wolf loading the food and water in. He gave the folks assembled a grin. It will be nice to get into the wild a bit. Not that I hate civilization. Just Lazlo has too many rules and regs. Its like going into Chi-town. Sometimes you need to get your murder-death-kill freak on. He tapped his radio, “This will have to be one of those I’ll call you, not you call me.” He got up on Huxley who growled softly, “Anyone seen Tiny Tim?”

He yelled, “Tiny if you are out there, lets move!” He spurned his wolf onward toward the bank and wilds, once out of sight from most folks he ruffles Huxley’s main, “Easy... Easy... Lets get going and in a few hours we will find you something juicy to eat.” Once away from prying eyes he ghosts with his wolf and heads atop the water(preferably sticking to the bank) scouting the way.
Quickly taking to the air to get to the other bank, Tim scooted along the bank, using the rocky ground and trees to hide his passage. Only Huxley's keen senses detected the dragon's passage as the gurgling water and the breeze hid the signs of his launch from the boat. Occasionally throughout the day when he was in the best hidden areas, Tiny Tim would let out a roar that Phoenix would know as Tim and would be able to interpret for what hazards the hatchling had noticed.
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 15/20
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (1d10) in Human Form
Toughness: 32 (18) in Dragon Form, 4 in Human Form
Parry: 5
Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes: Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
Active Powers: Boost Trait (Taunt -> d4)

Bennies: 3
Base Amount

User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Erebus Caine » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:50 am

Notice 3
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Collingwood/Frenchie’s
Lunch
Round 0

Erebus Caine followed the others onto the Fortuna. He tossed his things into his bunk, surprised that he had a cabin to himself. It was small, with just a bunk, table, and closet, but he didn’t have to share.

On deck, assignments were divvied out. It looked like the crazy with the grenade fetish and the dragon were going to be scouting the banks, and the woman with the cyber-eye was going to help navigate. That didn’t leave Caine a lot to do.

Caine headed up to the highest point on the ship, where he could get the best view. As a sniper, he liked the high ground. So he looked across the waters of the Great Lakes and hoped they had a plan for getting through Ironheart waters with this lot of D-Bees on board.

***

Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (7 with JA-11); Toughness: 14 (5)
Bennies: 4/3
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.

User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Ajax » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:55 am

Watch
Notice
1d6-1 = 0: 1

WD Notice
1d6-1 = 1: 2
Ajax draws his rotation on watch, but the feeling of being water-locked on a boat and being unable to run has clearly hampered his mood. Even the juicer cocktail of happy drugs only barely takes the edge off his predicament. He tries his best to watch, but at times can barely seem to lift his sniper rifle to view the world through the scope, or to stop to listen to the sounds carried on the waves. He listlessly trots around the deck, disinterested in a dull assignment, never feeling the need to turn on his rig.

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Frenchies in The port of Collingwood (RP)

Post by Venatus Vinco » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Crew: Boating to Support Captain Flemming 1d8 = 7: 7 +1

Captain Flemming: 1d8+1 = 4: 3 Wild 1d6+1 = 5: 4
+1 From navigator Raise = 6
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Icosa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Icosa begins the trip on a shaky foot, pestering the crew with questions about what they're doing and what its significance is. When she's politely, but firmly, told to stay out of their way she makes her way to the bridge. After a little conversation with the captain, he confides that the vessel has to move a bit more slowly due to its sonar depthfinder being on the fritz. At this, Icosa brightens.

She heads back out onto deck, and contacts the bridge via radio.

"I'll report the depth of the water ahead, and any changes," she offers. "I have the necessary senses to do this. Perhaps it will allow you to travel with more confidence!"

To the captain's surprise (if not shock, he'd seen stranger things plying the waterways of North America) she did exactly that, her voice becoming a regular chime in his ear to let him know when the bottom was rising up to meet the hulls, or falling away to make room for dangerous critters. The Fortuna plied the narrow line between those extremes, and with Icosa's help it was much easier staying there.

Rolls: Notice to support Captain 12
Notice to support Captain Flemming 1d6+4 = 10: 6 or 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Ace: 1d6 = 2: 2
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Friends & Foes
Passing from sight of land, the SS Fortune makes good time on the open water. Captain Flemming and his crew are capable sailors. Flemming himself, regales the crew with tale after tale of running mercenary jobs before taking up merchant marine duties mainly for Lazlo but will haul for just about anybody on the Great Lakes. He fits the archetype of “likable rogue” to a tee.

While capable of going much faster fuel consumption and the limited pace of the scouts forces the crew to run in spurts, then allowing the scouts a head start and going again. It is during one of these slow runs that Phoenix and Tiny Tim spot something up ahead. It looks like a small convoy of merchant ships bearing the banner of the Manistique Imperium running in the same shipping lane as the Fortune.

However, fortune is not on their side! A giant maw breaches the surface capsizing one of the big barges. The water churns as the crew spills out into deeps and are eaten up by a pod of large reptilian creatures. As the crew is consumed more of the creatures begin to circle the other three boats in the convoy. Their crew is heavily armed and begins blasting at the water and preparing torpedoes but the creatures swim under the ships fouling their efforts.

Hearing the sitrep back on the Fortune Captain Flemming grimaces, ”Sounds like a group of caddies (Cadborosaurus). They love the test of human, sure they wouldn’t mind Centaur either. We ain’t got much to fight them with except the arc gun and whatever you’re carrying. No one would blame us for steering clear.”


Cadborosaurus
Image
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Mars
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Mars » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Venatus Vinco wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Hearing the sitrep back on the Fortune Captain Flemming grimaces, ”Sounds like a group of caddies (Cadborosaurus). They love the test of human, sure they wouldn’t mind Centaur either. We ain’t got much to fight them with except the arc gun and whatever you’re carrying. No one would blame us for steering clear.”
Mars sees the size of the wicked creatures and flashes the captain a grin. "And why, Captain, would we need anything more? Battle and fortune favor the bold, do they not?"

She draws her blade and her pistol and readies herself for combat, surveying the scene for any potential advantages. She would kill these creatures and win the loyalty, or at least the favor, of their would-be victims; even mighty Rome needed peasants to support her armies, after all, and Mars would need a wide base of power for what she had planned.

And besides, she hadn't eaten in a while...
Battle 8 to look for any tactical advantages
Battle 1d4 = 4: 4 + 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2

User avatar
Mars
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Mars » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:55 pm

In watching her prey's movements, Mars finds a weakness. Over her radio, she calls to the team, "Listen, if we can get one to the surface and hit it on the head hard enough, we can stun it. Then we get it on its back, and it will be easy prey; I know of some such creatures that are practically paralyzed once they are on forced upside down. @Tiny Tim, I understand you are small for a dragon, but you can hit hard enough to make one of these things wobble, yes? Are you strong enough to turn one onto its back?"

She flexes her fingers on the sword grip, eager to get started.

User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Ajax » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Ajax's action
Ajax is taking the Aim action for the nearest or most opportune cadborosaurus. He will fire as soon as he has a reasonable shot, whether given the okay to engage or not.
Ajax's heart leaps at the call to action. He twists the actuator on his bio-comp rig. The chemicals that make him faster and stronger flood his system, and his sea-bound melancholy fades into grim focus. He gallops to the edge of the deck, peering out over the water. "They'll not taste my flesh today, captain. These creatures are enjoying their last meal. With this -" he shoulders his JA-9 rifle " - I can take them from here. Headshots, you say, Mars?" The centaur takes aim at the most accessible target.

User avatar
Phoenix
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Phoenix » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:51 am

Once Upon a Time in Pirates Point

The moon was barely shinning, clouds had covered it. But it did not matter, I had my moon cureled around my arm. Her body warming me against the draft that had seeped its way into our apartment. These had been some of the best days. I looked at Jo-Jo her deep raven hair had draped across her alabaster skin. She had an intricate red and gold butterfly tattoo on her left shoulder. I often found myself tracing its pattern. A small yip at the foot of our rickety bed drew my attention. Why she had gotten us a ghost-dog I would never know, but it was hungry. Why she even hooked up with a knucklehead like me I wanted to know but was afraid to ask. It did not matter, the war between Tolkien and the coalition had heated up and I received a cryptic message indicating something needed to be blown up. It was from someone you did not say no too.

I had gathered my things and gave Jo-Jo one last look. I loved her, but somethings you just couldn't have. She would bounce back, her Uncle had pull in the Manistique Imperium and could set her up captaining one of the ships he owned. As I left her sleeping in our one room rickety flat nestled between Goucho’s Poor Diner, and Blood’s Saloon our little white pup yipped leaping into my arms. Looks like Huxley is coming with me.
Pheonix at first seemed unimpressed about engaging some large underwater dinosaurs just to save some trading ships. He had just gotten out of the shower when the alarm had sounded. He had pants on, a towel draped across his head and shoulders. His bare feet felt cold and naked. Jeeze can’t a guy take a shower after days of scouting? He muttered while looking through a pair of binoculars, “Are you sure you guys want to wade into this? They seem-“ His voice stopped, caught in his throat as he caught sight of the red, golden butterfly flag on one of the ships. He breathed stunned, “Jo-Jo...”

Now he cared. He whistled for Huxley packing his pistol a few cooked grenades ( 1d12 = 7: 7) and strapped his plastique explosive to his bare back. He tossed his towel to @Mars winking at her, “Hold this for me hun, I gotta go help a girl.” Huxley came barreling toward him and he and the large white wolf went careening over board. The last anyone saw of the two was Pheonix riding atop the white wolf, both translucent, and somehow galloping on the water itself towards the Manistique Imperium ships. Ride... Faster Huxley, we lost her once and I’ll be damned if it becomes permanent.

User avatar
Mars
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Mars » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 am

Mars raises an eyebrow as @Phoenix throws a towel at her (which she cleanly dissects with a quick flick of her wrist).

This one is odd, she thinks, watching him ride off onto the surface of the water. But he has spirit. I wonder how he’s doing that?

User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by William Rufus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:47 pm

William hears Captain and Speaks to the others, “Well I can go out there and provide air support and try to rescue survivors. The big thing is how do we lure them out from under the barges.”

William will activate his wings (using the mega version to give him more speed) PPE 3+5

Faith 4 success 24 speed
OOC] 1d10 = 2: 2 +1 From Staff
Wild dice
1d6 = 4: 4[/OOC]
Game Sheet for William Rufus https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 3 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/4
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny

User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Tex Arcana » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:40 pm

As the klaxon sounds and Captain Flemming indicates what's happening, Tex replies, "We can't let these creatures bushwhack these folk without answering, we need to save those people."

Tex moves himself on deck, he looks towards the deck gun, if it's manned, he finds a spot where he can cast his magic, otherwise goes to the deck gun.

As he moves, he says, "Stamine!" to activate his spell of deflection. The quality of the air changes, acting more like water, the light passing near the mage, bending, and in some cases diffracting into a rainbow of colors.

Deflection
Spellcasting 1d10+1 = 3: 2
Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 4: 3
Cost: 3 PPE
Duration: 10
Effect: -2 from attack rolls

Bennies: 5/3
End of round remaining PPE: 17

User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Tiny Tim » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:51 pm

Boost Taunt 5
Boost Trait on Taunt (+2 due +4 ISP... so 5 ISP cost)
  • Psionics: 1d8+2 = 4: 2
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
    Result: 5 -Success. Taunt -> d4
Drawing upon his inner reserves and the knowledge his mother implanted into him, Tim gets an idea of how to perhaps draw some of the Cadborosauruses away from the boots. Running up to the shore nearest to the boats, Tim turns his tail a bright, almost eye hurting orange and gets ready to thrash it along the top of the water to perhaps catch the attention of one or more of the Cadborosauruses.

"I am ready on the shore here to try to go fishing for them. Get ready to blow up any that show themselves on their way to me!"
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 15/20
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (1d10) in Human Form
Toughness: 32 (18) in Dragon Form, 4 in Human Form
Parry: 5
Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes: Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
Active Powers: Boost Trait (Taunt -> d4)

Bennies: 3
Base Amount

User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter One: Slow Boat to Escabana

Post by Icosa » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Icosa came out and around to see what the source of the commotion was, and shaded her eyes as she looked out at the beasts threatening the other boats.

"Are we rescuing them?" she asked brightly. "That's very admirable! Has anyone got a gun I can borrow?"

Crewmen scurried past, manning their own post, but one paused long enough to point at a pile of rope at the front of the ship. A coil of rope with a long metal harpoon sitting atop it. "There's a launcher for it," he explained, and then hurried off.

With an encouraging smile, Icosa called after him, "I don't think that'll be necessary, thanks!"

She went to the bow, hefted the harpoon...which was almost comically large compared to her relatively petite frame...then backed up as far as the rope would let her. There she waited, working her shoulders in little circles, for the ship to get into range.

Rolled a little early, but this will happen when she gets her turn
Athletics 1d8 = 1: 1 or 1d6 = 4: 4 to hit
Damage: 2d12+4 = 17: 1, 12 AP 12
Ace 1d12 = 12: 12
...ace 1d12 = 10: 10
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Post Reply

Return to “Into the Unknown”