Q Nightclub & Live DJ Mixing

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Q Nightclub & Live DJ Mixing

Post by Ndreare » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Q Night.JPG
As the Cell members gather together their gear in hand and ready to act on the information they learned. They find they have learned a great deal about the vampires that hit Ram’s home. But the information seems to contradict. From the story shared by Ram the vampires where there because the Cell pissed off someone higher up. But tracking them down lead the team to Q Nightclub at the corner of Pike and Broadway.

Scouting the hot nightclub, full of high energy and high income guests the place has an air of money around it. Two of the three bouncers standing guard out front seem to be human, but the third, absently playing on his phone and pretending to ignore the line is instantly noticed for being a vampire by Peter, then quickly verified by Tania and Ram.

The bland grey exterior and noises of Seattle streets from the building contrasting in every way by the thumping of live music and the exorban dress of the lines outside. The team knows to get in there they will likely need Triessa’s magic, otherwise the vampires will sniff out Peter instantly. But then what other options. As the team traveled the city they went armored for warfare, but this place is a civilian site and a lot of innocent lives would be lost by simply rolling up and shooting every one.

Added to team map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 92294&z=14

Tania & Peter
Raise = As you come to the location both of you have had previous dealings with the lead vampire who runs this place.

Laurence Terry, called Laus by his men has a small pack of about a dozen vampires he leads. You know he reports directly to the Vampire lord of Seattle though you do not know his name.

Both of you have had a previous encounter with Laus where you choose retreat rather than battle, include it in your post for a white benny. If he is on premises speaking with him, or looking into him could get you more information.
Instructions for everyone
Getting in without conflict will require a Persuasion roll;
  • All Nocturns receive +1 to this roll
  • +1 if dressed in light stylish clothes
  • -2 if dressed in normal clothes
  • impossible if dressed as a scrub/military clothes.
What are you going to do, enter the night club, wait outside with weapons and send someone else in, or some other options?

Please, RP away until I need to interact.

Peter will need Conceal Arcana or the other vampires will notice him as soon as he approaches.
Benny Counter
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 6; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +5 Players
    +1 Sidekicks
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
Captain Durrack 4
  • 2 baseline Wild Card NPC
    Reset
Angelus 0, Wounds -3
    Reset
    -1 Resist Fear
    -3 Soak Sa'Maku's volley of blows. Took 3 wounds
Debrek 4
    Reset
Essense 3
    -1 To Resist Hacking
Power 4
    Reset
Peacemaker Crew 41
  • 41 Baseline
    kills

Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]

The 99's Game Master Bennies 0, Mission: Investigate Corruption at Refuge
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -1 Reroll Queens Psionics
    -2 Extra ISP for massive puppets
    -2 Reroll Puppet
    -2 Extra Effort to resist Dispel
    -2 Queen soak rolls versus Sal's healing
    -1 Queen soaks 2 wounds from boom gun

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 0, Mission None
  • +0 ADVENTURE Reset
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0

Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]

Dynamic Backlash Table
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

Gravely

Re: Q Nightclub & Live DJ Mixing

Post by Gravely » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 am

Gravely looks at the nightclub and just by the dress and such, knows he isn't going to be going in. However, he does offer to mic up anyone that can make it in, so those cell members unable to get in can here and possibly see what is going on inside.

He feels that @Peter should certainly head in. @Triessa and @Morri would be the best group to head in. Anyone else that wants to try their hand at getting in, he is willing to help either with appropriate amount of cash or even getting a suitable ID if needed.

Standing beside Bronco he opens up a small case on the hood, big enough for a handgun but carrying small lapel mics (3). "I am not forcing any of you into the place, but if you do go in we can at least be aware of your interactions."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Rank 7 Seasoned Human Mortal Champion
Pace: 6 / 1d6 || Parry: 5 || Toughness: 5 [0 /4] ||
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Bennies: 5/5
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade

Tania

Post by Tania » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 am

Tania surveys the area and sees what she can find out from observation.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2, Wild Notice: 1d6 = 5: 5
Tania may need a bit of help dressing well, she has always been a tomboy, she will ask the other ladies in the group for help, "I think I should go in with you, but I do not have the right clothing to fit in. I know from hunting, proper camouflage helps you get close to the prey. Can either of you help me?"
Morphus Form: Charisma -4, Pace 6, Parry 8, Toughness: 10
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

Morri

Post by Morri » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:04 pm

"Well...." Morri replied a little hesitantly and with a noticeable Irish accent. "I'm no expert, I mean I've never really visited a club like this 'fore."

"Not something I'd expected ta be doing, was expecting...ye know...ta be be doing some fighting." She admitted. "That and hanging out in a club with a bunch o' vamps is a little out o' me comfort zone."

"Though think we could find something nice ta wear...I hope..."

Thrand

Post by Thrand » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:32 pm

Having gotten the heads up that their targets are in the Q Nightclub, Thrand shows up in a designer tee and a dark pair of jeans. A quick walk around the Q allows him to locate Gravely and some of the gang. Thrand waves at @Gravely then tosses his backpack of gear into the backseat of the Bronco. Then he smiles at @Morri.
Thrand Tee
2020-01-20.png
2020-01-20.png (66.11 KiB) Viewed 52 times
"Hello," Thrand greets her cheerfully with an extended hand, "I must have missed you at the meeting. I'm the new guy, Thrand. Well, for tonight at least. We'll see how it shakes out, eh? I don't really make the decisions about who I work with and when."

He says that last bit with a little chuckle. Thrand spends another moment looking between @Tania and Morri, "Hmm. Heard the two of you discussing your problem as I walked up. I don't make it a habit to any keep any women's apparel on hand...but if either of you have some cash and we still have the time for a bit of shopping I could help out. The Crossroads just up Broadway should have something good?"
Crossroads Trading
Crossroads Trading is a clothing store about half a mile north of the Q on Broadway. If you wanted to get some snazzy new (or used) clothing for the club, it's well within walking distance or only a short hop if you really just can't be bothered to walk! There's also an Urban Outfitters across the street from Crossroads Trading, so there's options to be had.
With a mischevious grin, Thrand adds, "And, of course, it's always easier for a dude to get into any nightclub with a pair of lovely young ladies on either arm, so it'd be helping the cause, really, yeah?"

Thrand looks towards Gravely and asks, "What do you think, man?"
Thrand Ulfbjornson
Thrand Ulfbjornson, Artifact Bearer
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 10(4); Toughness: 11(4)
  • Head/Torso reduce damage from bullets by 4. Apply AP only to Armor Value.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities
  • Arcane Resistance:+2 to any Trait roll when spending a Benny, stacks with Elan.
  • Berserk: Immediately after suffering a Wound or a Shaken result (from physical damage only), your hero must make a Smarts roll or go Berserk. She can voluntarily fail this check if she likes
    Berkerking
    Going Berserk has the following effects:
    • FURY: The character’s Strength increases a die type and every melee attack must be a Wild Attack (see page 109). She cannot use any skills that require wit or concentration (GM’s call). She may scream out threats and use Intimidation, for example.
    • ENRAGED: Adrenaline and rage fuel the berserker’s muscles, adding +2 to Toughness. She ignores one level of Wound penalties (this stacks with any other abilities that reduce Wound penalties).
    • RECKLESS ABANDON: Anytime a berserker rolls a Critical Failure on a Fighting check, she hits a random target within range of her attack (not the intended target), friend or foe. If there are no applicable targets, the blow simply misses, smashes nearby objects, etc.
    After five consecutive rounds of berserk fury, the hero takes a level of Fatigue. At ten rounds, she takes another level of Fatigue and the rage ends. She may also choose to end her rage at any time by making a Smarts −2 roll (as a free action; possibly avoiding Fatigue if she manages to end her rage before it’s incurred!). Start the count anew if she goes berserk again, even in the same battle.
  • Brave: +2 to Fear checks and –2 to rolls on the Fear Table.
  • Brawny: Size +1
  • Brute: The character may also resist Athletics Tests with Strength if she chooses.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Iron Will: +2 to resist Smarts or Spirit-based Tests. The bonus also applies to resisting and recovery from powers.
  • Spooky Bastard: our character was trained by the best monster hunters out there and knows the vulnerabilities of the foes he battles. Your character may spend a Benny to remember training in resisting the enemy and receive +2 to Trait rolls versus any effect from a supernatural enemy, including soak rolls, for the remainder of the encounter.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Athletics (throwing), Fighting, or Shooting total with a specific weapon; +2 Parry while weapon is readied.
  • Wisdom of the Ages: The Artifact is sentient and communicates with the bearer. In addition, it has been around and seen hundreds or even thousands of years of experiences. It is able to share many of those experiences with the wielder allowing them to learn faster and perform tasks they have never tried before. The wielder can ignore all unskilled penalties except those related to electronics and computers.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Light Bennies: 0/1; Dark Bennies: 1/1; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature

Morri

Post by Morri » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:01 am

Thrand wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:32 pm
"Hello," Thrand greets her cheerfully with an extended hand, "I must have missed you at the meeting. I'm the new guy, Thrand. Well, for tonight at least. We'll see how it shakes out, eh? I don't really make the decisions about who I work with and when."
"Makes two o' us." Morri replied as she shook Trand's offered hand. "New as well. Everyone calls me Morri."
He says that last bit with a little chuckle. Thrand spends another moment looking between Tania and Morri, "Hmm. Heard the two of you discussing your problem as I walked up. I don't make it a habit to any keep any women's apparel on hand...but if either of you have some cash and we still have the time for a bit of shopping I could help out. The Crossroads just up Broadway should have something good?"
Crossroads Trading
Crossroads Trading is a clothing store about half a mile north of the Q on Broadway. If you wanted to get some snazzy new (or used) clothing for the club, it's well within walking distance or only a short hop if you really just can't be bothered to walk! There's also an Urban Outfitters across the street from Crossroads Trading, so there's options to be had.
With a mischevious grin, Thrand adds, "And, of course, it's always easier for a dude to get into any nightclub with a pair of lovely young ladies on either arm, so it'd be helping the cause, really, yeah?"
"Sounds good ta me, least then I'll look more appealing as vampire bait." Answered Morri. "Never tried it, so gonna have ta take ya word fer it."

"Though we better shift it, doubt we're getting paid ta just stand around."

Tania

Post by Tania » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

Tania nods her agreement, "Hopefully we can find something that works. It is easier to get in if you look like you belong, I expect."

She does have some money in a debit card she was given for emergencies...this probably counts. Using it may alert someone who is looking for that kind of activity...which is one reason she has not used it yet.
Morphus Form: Charisma -4, Pace 6, Parry 8, Toughness: 10
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4

Thrand

Post by Thrand » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:51 pm

"Payment comes in the form of that warm fuzzy feeling you get while dousing yourself in the blood of your enemies. We'll be paid in full soon enough. The shopping shouldn't be too bad financially, though,. The Crossroads sells used and new clothing," Thrand chats as they head towards the store.

The store is filled with trendy clothing and some of the prices are fairly reasonable. Thrand pokes through a few shelves and racks as they enter, "Find something you like, and I'll make sure its a good pick. This is social camouflage, so look for something that says 'I belong here' without saying 'look at me'."

Thrand watches the girls go about finding their preferred styles and gives them advice. He's a little more direct than he would otherwise be, for expedience, but he tries to keep to styles and colors they seem to prefer for any clothes he attempts to pick out himself for either woman.

When Tania and Morri make their final decisions, he compliments them both. While waiting on checkout he says, "If either of you ladies are packing cosmetics, I can offer you my services, free of charge for my two newest friends. Nothing too detailed or flashy. Foundation, concealer... maybe a splash of color to accent your outfit. No time for making purchases, unfortunately. Matching skin tone can be a tricky business and everything builds from there."
Thrand Ulfbjornson
Thrand Ulfbjornson, Artifact Bearer
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 10(4); Toughness: 11(4)
  • Head/Torso reduce damage from bullets by 4. Apply AP only to Armor Value.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities
  • Arcane Resistance:+2 to any Trait roll when spending a Benny, stacks with Elan.
  • Berserk: Immediately after suffering a Wound or a Shaken result (from physical damage only), your hero must make a Smarts roll or go Berserk. She can voluntarily fail this check if she likes
    Berkerking
    Going Berserk has the following effects:
    • FURY: The character’s Strength increases a die type and every melee attack must be a Wild Attack (see page 109). She cannot use any skills that require wit or concentration (GM’s call). She may scream out threats and use Intimidation, for example.
    • ENRAGED: Adrenaline and rage fuel the berserker’s muscles, adding +2 to Toughness. She ignores one level of Wound penalties (this stacks with any other abilities that reduce Wound penalties).
    • RECKLESS ABANDON: Anytime a berserker rolls a Critical Failure on a Fighting check, she hits a random target within range of her attack (not the intended target), friend or foe. If there are no applicable targets, the blow simply misses, smashes nearby objects, etc.
    After five consecutive rounds of berserk fury, the hero takes a level of Fatigue. At ten rounds, she takes another level of Fatigue and the rage ends. She may also choose to end her rage at any time by making a Smarts −2 roll (as a free action; possibly avoiding Fatigue if she manages to end her rage before it’s incurred!). Start the count anew if she goes berserk again, even in the same battle.
  • Brave: +2 to Fear checks and –2 to rolls on the Fear Table.
  • Brawny: Size +1
  • Brute: The character may also resist Athletics Tests with Strength if she chooses.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Iron Will: +2 to resist Smarts or Spirit-based Tests. The bonus also applies to resisting and recovery from powers.
  • Spooky Bastard: our character was trained by the best monster hunters out there and knows the vulnerabilities of the foes he battles. Your character may spend a Benny to remember training in resisting the enemy and receive +2 to Trait rolls versus any effect from a supernatural enemy, including soak rolls, for the remainder of the encounter.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Athletics (throwing), Fighting, or Shooting total with a specific weapon; +2 Parry while weapon is readied.
  • Wisdom of the Ages: The Artifact is sentient and communicates with the bearer. In addition, it has been around and seen hundreds or even thousands of years of experiences. It is able to share many of those experiences with the wielder allowing them to learn faster and perform tasks they have never tried before. The wielder can ignore all unskilled penalties except those related to electronics and computers.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Light Bennies: 0/1; Dark Bennies: 1/1; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature

Return to “City of Seattle”