Novice Female Half-Elf (Elven Heritage), Psychic assassin
Iconic Framework: Mind Melter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d8, Intimidation d4, Language (Native) d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Piloting d4, Psionics d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (5)
Hindrances: Bloodthirsty, Code of Honor
Edges: Adept (custom), Assassin, Major Psionic, Master Psionic, Power Points
Armor: Huntsman Medium Personal Armor
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Survival Knife (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4), 2x Vibro-Knife (Range Melee, Damage Str+d6, AP 6, M.D.C.), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2), Wooden Stake (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: NG-S2 Survival Pack
Language: Native (native, d8)
Current Wealth: $0
Arcane Background: Psionics (Rifts® TLPG)
- I.S.P.: 30
- Powers: Conceal Arcana (SWADE pp158; Innate Power; Limitations: One Aspect, Self), Detect Arcana (SWADE pp158; Innate Power; Limitations: One Aspect, Self), Ectoplasmic Disguise (Ectoplasmic Disguise (Disguise); SWADE pp158), Intuitive Combat (Intuitive Combat (Warrior's Gift); SWADE pp169-170; Innate Power; Limitations: Self), Mind Control (Mind Control (Puppet); SWADE pp166), Psychic Body Field (Psychic Body Field (Protection); SWADE pp165-166), Pyrokinesis (Pyrokinesis (Smite); SWADE pp168), Telekinesis (Telekinesis (Telekinesis); SWADE pp169)
- Elven Heritage: Some half-elves retain the grace of their elven parent.
- Low Light Vision: Half-elves ignore penalties for Dim and Dark Illumination.
- Outsider: Half-elves are never quite comfortable in human or elven society, having a foot in both worlds but never fully standing in either. Because of this, they suffer a −1 penalty to Persuasion with all but others of their kind.
- Alter Aura: Mind Melters have conceal arcana as an Innate Ability with the reduced Power Points cost from the Range (Self) limitation; can use Power Modifiers as usual. In addition to other effects, Alter Aura allows the Mind Melter to mimic the supernatural "signature" of any being desired—from a child to a greater demon, an elderly Shifter, a canine, a minor psionic, etc.
- Arcane Background (Psionics): A Mind Melter begins with Arcane Background (Psionics) choosing five powers from the list above, the Power Points, Major Psionic, and Master Psionic Edges as well as a d6 Psionics skill. Mind Melters begin with 30 ISP (10 ISP base plus 5 ISP from the Power Points Edge, both of which are doubled by Major Psionic).
- Expanded Awareness: Mind Melters have the detect arcana power as an Innate Ability with the reduced Power Points cost from both the Range (Self) and Aspect limitations. They may sense supernatural beings within line of sight with a Notice check
- Master of Psionics: Mind Melters get a free reroll on all Trait rolls when using psychic abilities and their Psionics skill; this does not allow Critical Failures to be rerolled.
- Mental Resistance: Melters have +4 to all checks to resist psionic effects, and +4 armor against psionic damage. These effects stack with Arcane Resistance, arcane protection, and similar bonuses.
- A Little Odd: Mind Melters tend to be a little different due to the nature of their powers—gain the Quirk Hindrance.
- Cybernetics: Mind Melters suffer −1 to the Psionics skill for each point of Strain.
- Enemies: The Coalition and True Federation consider Mind Melters allied with enemy factions to be a dire threat, treating them with caution bordering on paranoia. They prioritize attacking them and hunt them with extreme prejudice.
- Feared: Though it’s possible to hide his true nature, if the general populace discovers the presence of a Mind Melter, they tend to be very nervous— and possibly outright terrified. Mind Melters suffer a −2 Persuasion when dealing with those who fear them.
- Mind over matter (Hero's Journey): Your hero is able to spend a Benny to use her Spirit in place of any other Trait roll for a round.
Current Load (normal/combat): 41.25 / 21.25 (40)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players GuideSetting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Character Frameworks, Cyberware (w/Strain), Rifts® M.D.C., Super StrengthValidity: Character appears valid and optimal
Created with Savaged.us