1.) Asset Recovery (Michigan & Wisconsin)

Adventures
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

1.) Asset Recovery (Michigan & Wisconsin)

Post by Daniel »

New Cedarville, Manistique Imperium
November 24th, 109 P.A.

EX MACHINA REDUX
The Tomorrow Legion has come into possession of an enigmatic piece of hardware: the partial head and torso of a powerful combat robot of unknown origin.

Your job is to catch up to them. Take the machine from them.

Argent Goodson doesn’t care if you kill or incapacitate the Legion. Just make sure a few, or all, live. Destroy the vehicle he gave them, steal the cargo and leave a storage unit nearby for them to find.

Mission Priority:
  1. Steal the cargo.
  2. Destroy the APC.
  3. Leave the storage unit for Legion to find.

Afterwards get the stolen cargo to New Medora.

In twenty minutes Colonel Val arrives and hands Sparky a data pad. She wish’s the group luck, tells you to not lose the Communicator and urges you to head out ASAP. You’ll be compensated for expenses once in New Medora.

———

Titan Robotics Hardened Holo-Display Communicator: Capable of sending and receiving a small, doll-sized holographic image, or displayed on screen, this rare and expensive system is also useful for creating 3D images of maps, diagrams, blueprints, and whatever else the user might wish to input for display. With storage memory and screen keypad it can be used as a computer also. Outwardly its basic black hardened frame has only one marking on it. TRSF is engraved on its backside. There are no noticeable ways to open the device if it needed repair or upgrades. Has a sling if one wanted to wear it like a purse. The communication system itself has a 400 mile range (2 lb). Additional Special Features known only to Game Master.

Code: Select all

[b]Titan Robotics Hardened Holo-Display Communicator[/b]:[i] Capable of sending and receiving a small, doll-sized holographic image, or displayed on screen, this rare and expensive system is also useful for creating 3D images of maps, diagrams, blueprints, and whatever else the user might wish to input for display. With storage memory and screen keypad it can be used as a computer also. Outwardly its basic black hardened frame has only one marking on it. TRSF is engraved on its backside. There are no noticeable ways to open the device if it needed repair or upgrades. Has a sling if one wanted to wear it like a purse. The communication system itself has a 400 mile range (2 lb). Additional Special Features known only to Game Master. [/i]

———

The Communicator beeps and a holo display of Val appears. It states:

”The Tomorrow Legion has come into possession of an enigmatic piece of hardware: the partial head and torso of a powerful combat robot of unknown origin. Second-hand reports to the Legion tell of a supposed encounter that suggests the high-tech automaton belongs to a much larger legion of automatons.

The TL is worried about a new threat and has one of their SET teams taking the hardware to an expert to study it to determine whether it is of Rifts Earth construction or from somewhere else in the vast Megaverse.

Top Chief Elle of Owls has assigned a team of Legionnaires to safeguard the package while transporting it to one of the most experienced robotics experts in North America for analysis.

On their way the Legionnaires stopped by New Cedarville this morning.

The Legionnaires asked Argent Goodson to inspect the machine and tell them if he could determine anything about it. The Titan CEO did a thorough investigation. Once finished, he informed the Legionnaires the automaton is most definitely of extra-dimensional origin and offered to purchase the artifact for the sum of five million credits.

They refused.

Instead they headed off towards Old Bones, in old Michigan. In a gifted APC Goodson gave them as a way of supporting the Legion, whom we generally get along with. Obviously the Legion members excepted the vehicle and happily went on their way towards Old Bones. … obviously.

Anyway, the APC has a tracking device in it. This Communicator not only lets me talk to you, it will track the SET.

Argent Goodson doesn’t care if you kill or incapacitate the Legion. Just make sure a few or all live and destroy the vehicle he gave them, steal the cargo and leave a storage unit nearby for them to find.

Priority one. Steal the cargo. Priority two have them find the storage unit.

Afterwards get the stolen cargo to New Medora. Where I’ll meet you and we will get on with your new jobs.

There is a vehicle here for you to utilize on this mission. The Communicator will display its location and access codes. In the vehicle is the storage unit you’ll be dropping off. The vehicle can also carry the stolen machine.

Good luck!”

———

With that the Communicator holo displays where the vehicle it, about 400 feet away from you.

The vehicle. See Supplies Forum here: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82462#p82462

Once assembled at the vehicle (I assume you’ll be traveling with this A. Mammoth vehicle, B. gnome power armor and C. Stompy) you can head out after the TL SET.

———

Moving Out

With the ATV loaded (storage unit and some general gear like provisions) the team is free to move out towards Old Bones and after the SET. Travel through the Manistique Imperium and Northern Gun is a breeze, they have a fully functioning highway system and frequent patrols by well armed mercenaries. In some ways Northern Gun is more secure than any Coalition State. However, once past the border zone the highways disappear and the terrain becomes dense woodlands as you head south towards Old Bones. CS aircraft occasionally fly overhead but you know, unlike the patrols in Northern Gun, any contact between you and the CS will not likely go well. Roving herds if wild animals both native and not native to Earth may be in the woods.

Roles
  • Navigator (-2 due to forests):
  • Lookout:
  • Pilot (-2 due to forests):
  • Scout:
Travel Time: Once you are in the forest, you can cover about 9 miles in six hours. You can push on for longer but will suffer fatigue penalties. The Mammoth has sleeping space so shifts are also possible if you want to do two shifts to avoid Fatigue. Although Vehicle Fatigue will still apply (Driving roll, -1 for each six hours past the first).

The Communicator doesn’t help with Navigation but does a good job of showing the progress and location of the SET. They have, according to Val, the same type of vehicle, a Mammoth. It looks like they are approximately two hours ahead of you at any given point.

You’re traveling south through dense forests towards Milwaukee and eventually the ruins of old Chicago (Old Bones). Not quite technically CS area yet but they patrol it. Lake Michigan is to your east and occasionally you can see it. The weather is cold but not freezing. There is a few inches of snow but not enough to hamper the Mammoth. You enter the forest around noon.

Will you trail the SET and handle them in Old Bones or overtake them and encounter them before they get to Old Bones. FYI the SET won’t stop for tests and will push on until they arrive. So post roles and develop your plan in character. This first post will cover the first six hours.

Map of Trip
Planned Route
Planned Route
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Berk

Re: 1.) Asset Recovery

Post by Berk »

Stompy Assisting with Survival
  • Survival: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    Result: 3 - Fail. No Help.
Berk Navigating using Survival (-2 due Forests, +2 due Woodsman, +1 Survival (navigation) due Compass... so +1)
  • Survival: 1d10!!: [6] = 6 +1
    Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4 +1
    Result: 7 - Success. The party is headed in the right direction, no extra effect.

"Time to get moving. Stompy and I will clear the path where needed. I say we push on and overtake them. Best not to mess with whoever they want to meet with in Old Bones."
Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 32/45
Pace: 5 (d4)
Parry: 4

Bennies: 3 / 3
  • Base
Wounds: None
Fatigue: None
Rupetta

Post by Rupetta »

+2 due to STS bonus, +1 from Berks raise on Navigator
Raise (8)
Notice 1d6!+2: [5]+2 = 7 +1=8
Wild Die 1d6!+2: [2]+2 = 4 +1=5

The biting cold hit Rupetta in the face the moment she left the building with their hours notice assignment. She decided quickly then and there that she wasn’t going to stand around in the open air compartment at the rear of the massive APC they had been assigned.

They could have scheduled the meeting for earlier in the day if there was such a rush to get going. Buncha pricks doing power moves to show us who runs the show. Rupetta thought to herself with a scowl as she tossed her bags into the storage area of the crew compartment. Noting the associates of hers who made similar decisions based on their mounts / vehicles or lack thereof.

It was an easy choice for Rupetta to make a beeline for the Communications Officers chair. Using the STS was a big responsibility after all, and good examples were set when one eagerly took on the most difficult tasks without hesitation. But more importantly, it looked as though that spot had the cushiest chair of the lot. Such things would be absolutely wasted on those among their group that had metal butts... Which seemed to be everyone but her for some reason. Well everyone inside the APC anyway.

The first part of the journey in the land of protected infrastructure had been fairly easy of course, but that had never been a concern of theirs really. Save for the biting cold weather making an annoyance of itself, though that was thankfully abated by the heated compartments they had all found themselves having the luxury of. Everyone except for one certain individual that is...

Rupetta flipped up an overhead switch, where next to it a yellow ON AIR light came to life, indicating that the attached loudspeaker had been engaged. Without hesitation she reached for a corded microphone and pressed down the keying switch on the side as she gazed into the tanks sensor system.

”Alright ladies, listen up. We’ve got an emergency situation taking place to our nine right now. I repeat we have an emergency situation.” Came the ultra loud blast of the static filled over modulated sound from the PA system. “Holy fuck, who configured the gain on this thing? I sound like I’m one of the bots that got sent with us doing their little squeaky noises. Whatever, anyway we got ourselves a concerning situation that needs addressing ASAP.”

There was a small pause as Rupetta tried her best to fumble with the setting knobs on the top panel, somehow in the process making it worse instead of better before she eventually gave up and continued. ”It’s come to my attention that Berk is riding pretty outside right now and is probably suffering from some major shrinkage due to the cold weather. Like some serious shrink-a-dink that’s going to need to be dealt with. Make sure you take a break and warm up when you get the chance so you don’t lose your will to live on the first mission. Good luck out there!” Came the end of the transmission. The act possibly drawing strange stares from those within the cabin with her.

Once they had hit difficult terrain, the real fun began. It was easy enough to stare at the STS and look for unusual targets and obstacles making in their path, but another to have the mental fortitude to do so for mind numbing hours on end without missing something of importance. All things considered however, she seemed to do an okay job of it all.

Switching the PA over to internal communications, Rupetta signalled the separate cockpit that the driver sat, doing what she could to distract herself from the boredom and potentially one of her companions as well.

”Hey Moe, how goes the driving? You ready to blow your brains out with that gun looking thing attached to your hand yet? Whats up with that anyway?” The mystery over whether Caiden was mistakenly considered “Moe” in the ex-soldiers eyes having been solved at the very least.

”I’ve been thinking a bit on things. I get that they didn’t want to just kill the legionaries then and there so they could maintain plausible deniability when they get ambushed by bandits in an APC as big as theirs. And I can maybe see the sense in giving them a vehicle worth easy 6 times what they offered them for the dead robot, only to have it be a potential sacrificial lamb when it gets caught in the crossfire... But there’s one thing I don’t get outta all of this that’s really bugging me...”

There was another pause as Rupetta gathered her thoughts and to fully let the next part sink in. ”What I don’t get is, why do they have a full speed Mammoth, while we got a piece of shit that evidently has a governor installed on the damn thing? I’m pretty sure they could have given us the good one and given the Legion the one that acts like my grandpa on his way to take his prune juice. Seriously, I think I saw Stompy pause to take a dump earlier and he already caught up without putting any effort into it.

The inane chattering filled the drivers compartment before it was finally finished off with a ”But seriously, doing a good job there keep it up. Watch the crevice at your twelve coming up, shift right to circumvent.”
Last edited by Rupetta on Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lance

Post by Lance »

OOC Comments
Will be rolling Riding for Pilot and Survival for Navigator Support (MAP -2)
Both rolls have a Scene Penalty of -2
Net Skill rolls: Riding 1d12-2, Survival 1d6-1 (using compass from NG-S2)

Riding 1d12!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild Riding 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Forgot Handling +2, net 6.

Survival Support 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild Survival 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Benny
Survival Reroll 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Wild Survival 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
+1 to Navigator roll.

Lance's enthusiasm for action is increasingly muted as the mission briefing goes on. By the time it is over, the muscled shoulders are visibly drooping.

As they get ready to roll out, he addresses his companions. "My new friends, I haveth sworneth an oath of allegiance, and I willeth performeth mine duties as directed. But I musteth also be-eth true to mine soul. To killeth innocents, even in a case of necessity, is unthinkable. I willeth only strike to subdueth these legionnaires, not to killeth them, and I musteth insisteth that you all doeth likewise. We are-eth soldiers, not assassins or murderous hobos."

The deluded 'knight' does not wait for a response, though he listens if anyone gives him one.

Upon loading out, he opts to ride Steed, which is almost as fast as the Mammoth when on the highway, and actually faster in spots once they enter the woodlands, since the robot mount is considerably more nimble.

Curiously, the DogBoy also seems quite able to help Berk find the way through the woods--he seems to have been through this general area at some point, and with the help of a compass he keeps under his tabard, is able to find his way readily.
IGNORE ME
Notice 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0 (but effectively +2); Parry: 7; Toughness: 18 (8) or Ranged 22 (12)
Fighting d12+6, Shooting d8, Riding d12+1, Notice d4+2 (+4 Scent/Vision), Repair d4, Tracking d6+4, Streetwise d6+2, Persuasion d6+2, Survival d4+4, K: Politics d8
Edges: Danger Sense, Beast Master, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Improvisational Fighter, Trademark Weapon (Drill), Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Minor Delusion (Knighthood), Quirk (Faux-Courtly Speech), Outsider
Preferred Attacks:
  • Primary Attack: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) + 2d6 MD, AP 10, Reach 1 (if needed)
    Mounted Attack: Drill, Mounted Lance Mode, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6, AP 12, Reach 2
    Hard Target: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6 MD, Ignores Armor (Full Round Action, only vs. Vehicles/RA/Inanimate objects)
    Ranged Attack: Shooting d8, Portable Rocket Launcher (5d6 AP 6 SBT) or JA-9 Variable Rifle (3d6+1 AP 3)
Cybernetics (12/14 Strain):
  • EDS, Optics Package, Core Electronics Package, Wilderness Scout Package, x2 Wired Skill Ports (4-step Fighting, Riding), HtH Reaction Wiring, Reinforced Frame, Cy-Wi Reflexes, Drill
Bennies: 3/3
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
    Inspiration Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
“Steed” (Heavy Warhorse with Cybernetics)
[list] Agility 6; Smarts d4 (A); Spirit d6; Strength d12+2; Vigor d10
[*]Fighting d8; Notice d6
[*]Pace 10/d10; Parry 6; Toughness 22 (12 MDC)
[*]Size +3
[*]Kick: Strength +2d6 MD [/list]
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Post by Sparkmort Zipwidget »

Sparkmort stands in the bed of the Mammoth, gauntlets firmly gripping handholds as the huge vehicle lurched beneath him. Inside his armor he doesn't even notice the weather outside though he keeps an eye on his sensors just in case.

Electronics d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Die d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
"Don't Panic"

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Player: Jim
Active Alts: John Reid, Vixa
Caiden

Post by Caiden »

Caiden grumbles a little bit about not having time to get well acquainted with their new ride or even for a propper pre-trip checklist. He still takes the time to circle the mammoth to take note of any obvious damage. Despite the cold, he even makes everyone wait as he checks the engine compartment and tries his best to peek underneath the vehicle. There's not much clearance for a big fellow like him, unfortunately.

The affable momano listens to the unusal dog boy, Lance, and nods his head in agreement, "Some of you folks might not be familiar with the Legion, but they're good people. Probably some bad eggs in the bunch, but there always are in any group. Anyhow, my people have worked with them before to mutual benefit. I haven't, but I'm still not willing to put them down, either. This mission is a heist, so there's really no need to go lethal unless we're backed into a corner and have no way out."

Satisfied that nothing is too out of the ordinary, Caiden climbs into the mammoth and claims the driver's seat. No one else seems to want the job and he's perfectly capable. He fires the old girl up and goes through some more checks, possibly to everyone's dismay. There's a propper way to do things and breaking down in the ass end of nowhere isn't on the schedule over an avoidable mechanical issue.

"Alright, folks, listen up. This is your driver Caiden speaking," Caiden says over the radio, "There's one very important rule that everyone needs to understand, whether you know it yet or not. Driver controls the tunes and that's non-negotiable. I am a generous driver, though, so you each get an hour of whatever you want. Work it out amongst yourselves or we'll be listening to grackletooth yodeling until our ears bleed."

He gives it a minute to make sure everyone understands the rule then continues, "Second rule. I'd like to ask our escorts to monitor channel three and for everyone else to keep it clear of chatter. We'll use three for operational communications. Otherwise, chat with whoever you want."

"That's about it. Hold on to your butts, keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times," Caiden begins wrapping it up then pauses, sighs and for good measure cautions against prior experiences, "Oh, and please avoid shooting, chewing, stabbing, beating, shaking, headbutting, relieving yourself upon, or otherwise damaging anything critical in whatever ways you can come up with. These rustbuckets are meant to take on the world, but they can be surprisingly fragile."

Things go pretty well along the roadways, but a dumb bot couldn't mess that portion of the trip up.
Piloting (-2 Scene ignored by ATV): 4 (Success)
Driving 1d8!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!: [4] = 4
when the highway ends, but that's why Caiden is in the driver's seat and not a dumb bot. Overall, it's nothing he can't handle.

Caiden shakes his head and chuckles a little at Rupie's brazen sense of humor. It's good that she's trying to get along, but she also makes a good point, so he chimes in too, "Berk, if you or Stompy are suffering out there or need anything let us know. We'll see what we can do. That goes for you too, Lance. Might not be much we can do for Stompy, but one of us probably has some EBA that will fit Berk or Lance and we should be able rig something together if not."

When she addresses him, Caiden smiles and responds, "Another day another journey. Its just another part of the job. This time it's for Titan."

When she asks about his weaponry he responds without hesitation, "You know how those CS types hate magic and techno-wizardry? Well, have you ever wished you had silver ammo while fighting Demons? Or maybe access sunlight and fire at night during a torrential thunderstorm when ambushed by vampires? My energy projector fires most any type of projectile I need when I need it as long as I have the mental fortitude to keep shunting it power. The other one shoves stakes into hearts. Or wherever else I want them. Same thing, I can make the stakes burn or turn them silver."

Caiden patiently listens to her ramble on. It really isn't a bother to him. The momanos keep strange company within their own sect. He's suffered through longer journies with much worse company.

He answers Rupie once again, "Why did we get the rust bucket? Well, who do you think Titan wants to impress more? The people they're paying or the people paying them? Anyhow, thanks for the heads up and buzz me again if you get bored."
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

The Freelands of Wisconsin.
November 24th, 109 P.A.

EX MACHINA REDUX
The Tomorrow Legion has come into possession of an enigmatic piece of hardware: the partial head and torso of a powerful combat robot of unknown origin.

Argent Goodson doesn’t care if you kill or incapacitate the Legion. Just make sure a few, or all, live. Destroy the vehicle he gave them, steal the cargo and leave a storage unit nearby for them to find.

Mission Priority:
  1. Steal the cargo.
  2. Destroy the APC.

Afterwards get the stolen cargo to New Medora (N. Dakota).

Based on the rolls and your narrative from your previous posts the following events occur.

Your trip deeper into the Freelands has an air of anticipation lingering in the air. Vast swaths of vegetation and dense forest, layered with a dusting of snow, are interrupted by massive stadium sized craters of destruction. It’s known that the Coalition States of Illinois (Chi Town) frequently carpet bombs the state of Wisconsin. A land war or constant patrols of the Freelands is an impossible task for even the might of the CS. In the Freelands (an ironic and still valid name) one will not run across any CS soldiers or their brutal sense of justice. As long as one hunkers down and takes cover when they fly high overhead and drop bombs, it’s quite lovely in Wisconsin.

Well, other than the ongoing Ley Line Wars. When a powerful individual (human or not, often not) or group claims a Ley Line or Nexus exclusively for themselves, they must be able to hold onto to it when their claim is challenged. Like the "range wars" of the Old West, two rival factions or individuals may fight over ownership and control of a particular Ley Line. The two factions can be practitioners of magic vs other practitioners of magic, or humans vs a dragon or monsters, or whatever. Both Ley Line wars can last days, months or years, and sometime turn into lasting rivalries or vendettas.

Ley Line communities are groups, cults, brotherhoods, towns or cities who build their community on one or more Ley Lines. Tolkeen and Lazlo are classic examples of this, as are many of the communities in the Magic Zone.

As you follow the tracker in the Legion’s Mammoth southbound, you can see Lake Michigan through the trees, roughly half a mile to your east. The trip parallels Old Highway 94, as you head closer to the ruins of Milwaukee. Several old golden age signs have been set back up saying how close one is to the old metropolis. Rumors abound about old Milwaukee. A frequent target of the CS carpet bombs it’s said many factions have found a way to not only survive there, but thrive utilizing the several Nexus in the destroyed city. A recent sign, if it is to be believed, puts you roughly ten miles north of the city. The impressive hub of Ley Lines in the area tricks the eye.

It is night. Dark. Late evening, the cold forest layered with snow chills even more as the sun sets.

However, the amount of Ley Lines and Nexus causes a glow that casts the entire landscape in an eerie light, enough one could forget the sun has set. Unless one looked upwards at the dark night sky. There are no stars visible due to heavy clouds that paint the sky in shades of grey. It’s cold enough to snow tonight and likely will.

As the Agents progress south, closer to Milwaukee, signs of a fire fight become apparent ahead.

First Rupetta, then Berk notice the path they are navigating and watching for signs of trouble - indeed shows signs of trouble.

Lance and Sparky note the slowing Simvan on the large beast. Seeing him react they too pick up signs of trouble.

Caiden can tell by Rupetta’s sudden shift in tone, something is up.

Coming to a complete halt, APC, beast, power armor and robot horse remain in place. Silence, only broken by an occasional far of woodland noise. Presumably animal or such, the almost deafening silence allows you to even just barely hear the soft water of the lake.

Looking about the aAgents see that the further they go south on this trail, forged by the Leguon APC , the more debris there is.

At first it looks old. Either those caught out in the open during a CS bombing. Or from one of the many dangers in the area, but cold and forgotten now. Then something more. Roughly a hundred feet ahead, a light smoking. Debris. Several trees cut down from high tech weaponry or blasts of magic.

Then you see it. Covered hastily by branches and other detritus, the remains of the Legion Mammoth. Two thirds of the large vehicle just gone. Obliterated. Smoke lingers lazily upward from the blasted in and slagged driver’s compartment.

Checking the Titan Robotics Hardened Holo-Display Communicator shows the “bug’s” signal is two miles south east of you, right on the banks of Lake Michigan.

It’s stopped at that location. Stationary now for about ten minutes.

(Note: searching the remains of the Mammoth and the area nets no loot or real clues of value. Something blew up the Mammoth and killed the members of the Legion. A few body parts and a Legion patch are found. The cargo you seek was removed from the APC and is now located by the Great Lake).

However you decide to approach, on foot or continue riding/driving/piloting closer to the tracker you make your way through the trees until you see those with the tracker.

Located on the shore of the lake are six individuals. One’s obviously a dwarf of some kind. Dressed in high tech armor and bearing an energy rifle and a axe that has symbols carved into it, he appears to be in command. The other five look like mercenaries or, pirates? They definitely have a pirate-y vibe. The others are similarly dressed in weapons and gear. Three humans and two D-Bee lizard like fellows. Two other individuals are tied up and sitting with their backs to the cargo you came for. Looking quite beaten and bruised, both prisoners are likely Legion SET members. One, a human male with wild orange-red hair is passed out, gaged. The second is a D-Bee female Quick-Flex alien. She look’s barely conscious and in a similar state as the red head man. Weaponless and unarmored, the two still give off “we are Legion” vibes.

Common Knowledge Roll
Fail - they are pirates? Who knows. They have your objective sitting in the sand, looking like they’re waiting to be picked up.

Success - Oh. You’re heard of a group called The Nuhr Dwarves who engage in piracy in the Great Lakes. Based solely on the dwarf leader, maybe these guys, who have the “alien tech” in their possession are The Nuhr Dwarves, or working for them.

Raise - Same info as Success and you recall that the Nuhr are known for wielding magic weapons. It’s said they only have one warship, an enchanted Nuhr ironclad ship called The Mauler. This vessel is one of the most powerful afloat on the Great Lakes and is feared through­ out the eastern lakes and the Atlantic coast. Said ship is likely in route to pick these marauders up. If said ship arrives, you stand no chance at fighting them off.

What you see.

Six pirate mercenaries gathered on the bank of Lake Michigan. They are centered on the cargo you were sent to retrieve. Two prisoners next to the cargo you came for. There may or may not be lookouts in the surrounding area.

How will you handle this? Aka.: Quick Combat.

You might have the advantage is so far as you have the Drop on these pirates, and you are sporting some solid gear and weapons, however these lot are no easy targets. The dwarf is experienced and has magic (his axe and he is a Ley Line Walker). The other pirates (you have agency to describe their abilities and classes) are also Seasoned fighters.

You need 6 tokens to win the battle against these pirates. You are at +2 on all rolls from having the “drop” on them however the difficulty of the battle is -2. (Lack of cover, their experience and your need to recover the cargo intact).

So even rolls.

Based on your token count in this first “round” of posts, I’ll respond with next GM post. Tell your story and have fun with it.

PPE and ISP — don’t worry about it. You’ll regain the power points before next encounter.

Support Rolls
[Success grants the ally +1 to one skill total this round, and a raise adds +2. A Critical Failure on the support roll subtracts 2 from the lead’s total—sometimes extra hands just get in the way!]

Note to Berk: So... using Psionics for the roll, Berk could get a +2 from Major Psionics... plus Stompy can assist with his Fighting...correct? ___ For this QC let’s say yes, so it’s not slowed down.

Note: Rava (Tharmander) please feel free to jump in.

You are at the Red Box
You are at the Red Box
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Lance

Post by Lance »

OOC Comments
Pirates?
Common Knowledge 1d4!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild CK 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

CHARGE!! (QC roll: Fighting, 1d12+3, Scene Penalty/Drop balance out.)
Fighting 1d12!!+3: [9]+3 = 12
Wild Fighting 1d6!!+3: [1]+3 = 4
12 = 3 Tokens
Lance, seeing the tableaux before him, gives a terrifying snarl and shouts, "Verminous pirates! Today is-eth your last day! Nevermore shalleth thine blight spoileth the Earth!" and then finishes with a howl that sets any nearby fauna on edge, even as Steed is already bearing down on the startled Dwarf and his minions, Lance's drill suddenly extending to its' full length, possibly startling his companions.

Earlier mental speculation about the effects of the drill-bit on fleshy humans is now viscerally confirmed, as gore and tissue get scattered about. His charge obliterates one of the human minions, and then goes straight on to badly maim the dwarven leader in a single blow.
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Fighting d12+6, Shooting d8, Riding d12+1, Notice d4+2 (+4 Scent/Vision), Repair d4, Tracking d6+4, Streetwise d6+2, Persuasion d6+2, Survival d4+4, K: Politics d8
Edges: Danger Sense, Beast Master, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Improvisational Fighter, Trademark Weapon (Drill), Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Minor Delusion (Knighthood), Quirk (Faux-Courtly Speech), Outsider
Preferred Attacks:
  • Primary Attack: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) + 2d6 MD, AP 10, Reach 1 (if needed)
    Mounted Attack: Drill, Mounted Lance Mode, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6, AP 12, Reach 2
    Hard Target: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6 MD, Ignores Armor (Full Round Action, only vs. Vehicles/RA/Inanimate objects)
    Ranged Attack: Shooting d8, Portable Rocket Launcher (5d6 AP 6 SBT) or JA-9 Variable Rifle (3d6+1 AP 3)
  • EDS, Optics Package, Core Electronics Package, Wilderness Scout Package, x2 Wired Skill Ports (4-step Fighting, Riding), HtH Reaction Wiring, Reinforced Frame, Cy-Wi Reflexes, Drill
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Inspiration Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
[*]Size +3
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Common Knowledge 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

Sparkmort's eyes narrow as he sees the pirates on the shore of the lake. I've busted some of those clowns he thinks to himself has he triggers his jump jets and rockets out of the back of the APC.

His knees flex as the suit absorbs the impact has he hits the ground and his feet dig in as his railgun snaps into ready position and he sprays the pirates in a hail of tungsten flechettes.

Shooting 1d10!!: [6] = 6
Wild Die 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Spending a benny to reroll with Elan
Shooting 1d10!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Sparkmort curses under his breath as too many of his shots go wide but he did not want to risk hitting either cargo or the prisoners. Still, he gets a few hits and causes a lot of the rest to scatter for cover so not a total loss.
"Don't Panic"

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Caiden

Post by Caiden »

It seems like the quiet approach goes out the window as soon as the payload and hostages come into view. Caiden remains in the driver seat as the others charge forward. When they are within distance to engage, Caiden floors it and brings the Mammoth into optimal firing range.

The STS system helps Caiden identify friend from foe, and he uses the onboard weaponry to
Shooting (13): Raise (2)
Shooting 1d8!: [8!, 5] = 13
Wild 2 1d6!: [1] = 1

"Take them down and secure the payload on the double," Caiden calls out over radio channel three, "
Common Knowledge (9): Raise
Common Knowledge 1d6!+2: [6!, 1]+2 = 9
Wild 1 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3
we aren't going to have a good time when the calvalry rolls in, and they're probably not far out!"
Rupetta

Post by Rupetta »

TL;DR
Success on Common Knowledge check
Success on Taunt check + 1 token
-------------------

”Yeah yeah yeah I got a hang over, ooohwooooaaahoooooh! Burrv burrv, psssht pssht pssht, yeaaaaah! Talkin on the amp like drunk ass d-bee with big ol’ lungs and no liver to do the cleanin! I drink drink it over and over agaaaaaain!” Came the extremely loud and near monotone over modulated sounds of the self appointed Comms Officer as she once again decided to sing along with the music that Caiden picked. Naturally inserting her own made up lyrics in the process. She hadn’t technically done anything to go against their drivers insistence on picking the music, but she did make it a painful experience for all involved. It was also likely possible the reason why no one had bothered to scout ahead, given that there was little chance anything wouldn’t be able to hear them coming a mile away.

Fortunately that also likely kept certain monstrous fauna away as well, as the loud belting metal monstrosity zoomed ahead down the road and past the ruins, both old and new that lay before them from the disaster that was Milwaukee.

”Huurr durr durr, look at meeeee.” Continued the extremely bad singing. “It’s a mages life for me! I fight and flick and yammer on, I only get off on leylines cause it’s all I’m good for! Hey hey hey! Hey mister blue stuff in the sky, why you gotta be so nice and pretty? Gimmie some magic for my magic man, cause that’s all he knows how to do. Can’t drive a mech, can’t heat up his toast, won’t open his can o’ beans, cause he’s gotta use magic for it all! I’m a magic man!”

The infuriating question as to whether Rupetta had planned this in advance or was just randomly singing about everything she saw possibly answered as they crossed one of the leylines shining its gentle blue light overhead. At least until night hit and the faint glow suddenly became an overwhelming aura over the entire area.

”Hey guys this is some serious shit going on okay? Gonna need radio silence from you all coming up. Somethings not right and you all won’t shut the hell up. You heard the man, keep channel 3 open!” Rupetta belted out, suddenly ceasing her incessant singing as she took on a different tone. ”Unless one of you got over eager and killed the legionnaires before the rest of us got there anyway. Well played on that one, had me all convinced you all were legionaries for a second there with all the whining you were doing about killing people. After this is over I gotta explain to you guys what it is people hire mercs to actually do. Afterwards you’re gonna call me the brain fellator, cause I’m gonna blow your damn minds!

As the APC pulled over next to the wreckage, Rupetta popped the top hatch and poked her head out to look at the ruined and mostly melted lump of slag that used to be a mirror of their own transport. Giving a long pause as she confirmed visually what the STS had suggested electronically on the screens that saw the lack of motion far before her eyes could. ”.... Well guess that weren’t none of you guys. The prize is gone too. Where the hell did it go?”

Fortunately Sparkmort had been on the case with the tracking device on the compad, leading the group to the bank of Lake Michigan. Where thankfully Rupetta had finally gone silent for real, allowing for at least the small chance of approaching with some semblance of surprise in order to gain the advantage.

Their method of course had been to simply charge ahead at full ramming speed, with engines red lining and threatening to blow up their nuclear payload at any moment. Fortunately the tactic had been so stupifyingly direct that it actually did catch the enemy off guard, allowing them to get the drop on their targets despite the terrain and cover disadvantage.

”Hey hey guys, looks like it’s

Success (5)
Common Knowledge 1d8!: [5] = 5
Wild Die 1d6!: [5] = 5
! Ahoy!” Came the loud belting sound of Rupetta once again screaming out over the APCs megaphone broadcast system. With the soldier seemingly only figuring it out at the moment when they were all already engaged in battle. ”Avast ye maties, surrender yer bootie or be forced to walk the plank!”

TONK TONK TONK! Came a familiar sound above Rupetta as she stopped abruptly, her eyes widening as she looked out a tiny porthole and saw one of the pirates firing a massive mounted WI-GL20 grenade launcher in her direction. The Grackle Tooth wearing a red bandana that aimed it directly at her position laughing viciously as the armor piercing grenades detonated all at once. Fortunately the shell of the APC was strong enough to just barely withstand the assault, the impact from the explosions was enough to throw Rupetta from her seat and onto her face as the vibrations from the metal on metal rang in her ears.

Dazed and disoriented, Rupetta reached for the dangling mic that hang from its coiled wire upside down next to her face, just shy of touching the ground. Mustering up the energy to continue weaponizing their PA system as she keyed the device.

”You sure you guys are pirates? I thought all the real ones were braving the oceans and fighting sea monsters and shit. You gotta go brown water cause you can’t hack it? Yeah yeah? Hey I know why, it’s cause your leader is a dorf right? I mean, they aren’t good at that sort of thing I hear. I mean I wouldn’t know, all the ocean pirates I know are elves, you know, like... Real pirates. Real pirates with real beards and shit. Well.. I guess you wouldn’t know what thats like. Right right?” Came the repeated
Success (4)
Taunt 1d8!: [3] = 3
Wild Die 1d6!: [4] = 4
from the Comms Officer, her words surprisingly creating a seething rage from the small crew, either because she had struck a nerve or because the person inside the APC just wouldn’t shut up, even after being hit by a barrage of grenades!

One way or another it seemed to work, distracting them just enough as the other more combat capable people with her seemed to have little trouble cleaning up. Finally at one point, there was a small reprieve from the megaphone as Rupetta switched to private comms, signalling the speakers from the drivers seat of the APC only. ”Wait.... Wait, your name is Caiden? Since when? I thought you said your name was Moe!”
Last edited by Rupetta on Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berk

Post by Berk »

Common Knowledge: 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Result: 5 - Success - Oh. You’re heard of a group called The Nuhr Dwarves who engage in piracy in the Great Lakes. Based solely on the dwarf leader, maybe these guys, who have the “alien tech” in their possession are The Nuhr Dwarves, or working for them.

Stompy Assisting with Fighting
  • Fighting: 1d8!!: [5] = 5
    Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    Result: 5 - Success. +1 to Berk's roll
Psionics (d10 -> d12+3 due Armor -> d12+5 due Major Psychic -> d12+6 due Stompy's Assistance
  • Psionics: 1d12!!+6!!: [8]+6 = 14
    Wild: 1d6!!+6!!: [3]+6 = 9
    Result: 14 - Success with 2 Raises. 2 or 3 Tokens.

Settling himself down lower in his saddle, Berk gets out his Storm Rifle and draws upon his inner strength to bolster his fighting abilities. Following Lance in, Stompy charges forward to the pirates. As the Rhino-Buffalo has the pirates suitably distracted, Berk takes careful aim and shoots one of the lizard pirates directly in the faceplate, the lightning melting a hole and continuing into the flesh beneath. The remaining pirates scatter out of the way as 16 tons of aggression heads straight at their camp. Stopping right beside the cargo that is their main priority, Stompy is now between the pirates and the cargo, while Berk takes careful aim at the next Pirate.

"Dibs on that Lizard I shot. He is going in the stew tonight!"

• Base
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

November 24th, 109 P.A.

EX MACHINA REDUX

Mission Priority:
  1. Steal the cargo.
  2. Destroy the APC (taken care of by the pirates).

Wow. That was fast. They really stood no chance against you. Based on the rolls and your narrative from your previous posts (Quick Combat earned 11 Tokens!! Of 6 needed) the following events occur.

Your Character does not know any of this, but it won’t hurt if you the Player read.

Ryan, the Hound of Kreelo, stepped out of the large open dimensional portal and looked around. He was familiar with the Freelands, and smiled seeing the layer of snow on the ground.

Followed by Stefan, a human Shifter, and Darious, a Chaos Demon Advocate, the three walked out of the Nexus and onto the snow covered field of grass and trees.

Feeling alive and full of energy, the Crazie named Ryan, stood surveying the landscape. He'd missed Earth but not enough to quit his job with Kreelo. Having Supernatural Soul cast upon him regularly, the Crazie was more powerful than any other of his kind. It felt good. Felt… Right. With an endless supply of slaves in Kreelo's domain to harvest from, Ryan had been empowered for months now. Since killing innocent humans didn't bother him in the slightest he felt alive and happy.

They were early, he thought. The buyers would be here, but not for another hour.

Ryan stood watching the blue sky overhead as the others came through the portal. Several Ogre's in body armor followed and spread out around the clearing at the base of the Nexus. Armed with Blood weapons infused into their bodies they watched for trouble. Darious transformed from his natural state into a pretty Elven male and sat upon a fallen tree stump to wait. Stefan the Blackhearted Shifter surveyed their surroundings and stood near Ryan. The last person through the portal was Annabel, a Blood Warrior conscripted to Kreelo. She moved as a warrior would, tactically sizing up the area and re-directed the Ogre's to better defensive locations. Finally she stood quietly near Ryan also. Ryan glanced at her, dressed in demonic skin armor carrying a large demon bow with a quiver of supernatural arrows she stood ready to fight.

Ryan hated her for being so cruel. She was always mean. To everyone. Ignoring her he talked with Stefan and waited for the buyers to arrive.

The portal leading to Kreelo's pocket dimension of caverns and the weapons manufacturing plant there remained open.

Ryan watched as the large Techno Wizard Ley Line Battle Barge came to rest, floating within the Ley Line about one hundred feet away from the nexus point and open portal to Kreelo's pocket dimension. Hovering motionless about sixty feet above the ground a platform lowered down towards those waiting on the ground.

Ryan glanced at the Ley Line Streaker attached to the underside of the larger battle barge then at the six individuals who rode the platform down. Ryan looked at each in turn. A male wearing a ridiculously large pirate hat and traditional Techno Wizard outfit, bombers jacket and cargo pants over metal armor stood with his hands resting on two drop holsters which held techno wizard fire pistols. That would be Haden, as described by Rune in the last communiqué. The others his crew of mercenaries.

A quick talk with Haden and they all turned back to the open portal.

The Battle Barge flew through the open dimensional portal, into the underground dimensional pocket universe, following Ryan.

The place was massive. Techno Wizard lamps illuminated the cavern walls like miniature suns casting light into the shadows. The sounds of construction and smells of death permeated the air.

Ryan, Stefan and Darius walked through the portal and stepped onto hard rock covered by a light dust. Floating overhead the barge moved forward into the gloom and smoke of machines at work. The tinge of sulfur could be smelled. Hundreds of ill looking slaves moved about, either hard at work or beaten by horrifying Chaos Demons employed by Kreelo to keep the vast factory pumping out demonic weapons and vehicles.

The area they all stood in was crowded with cargo boxes and Ryan pointed to a large stack of boxes labeled weapons and armor. Haden positioned the barge to park and hover, over the area.

The crew of the ship noticed a monstrosity of a being standing by the crates.

Haden muttered, "Kreelo".

Haden ran a finger through his collar and was sweating due to the stifling ambient heat and removed his coat laying it across the steering wheel of the ship. He walked to the edge of his ship, pausing to adjusted his pirate hat and turned to face the big Chaos Demon with six arms and legs.

Haden bowed before Kreelo saying, "Magnificent Kreelo, Lord Rune wishes you well..."

Interrupting Haden, one of his crew pointed at a white skinned human hanging by chains against the cave wall and blurted out, "What did that guy do"?

Miffed Haden turned to look at the bloody man along with the others. Chained and dangling above the ground. A small pool of blood beneath him the man had a pained look on his face.

Kreelo spoke with a deep gravelly voice, "The fool went through so much to extract revenge on me. Keeping him around to remind the slaves who's in charge".

Kreelo moved across the ground on his many legs to stand near Haden. Two of his arms pointed at the man. "Boreham! Can you hear me? Still got plans of revenge"?

Kreelo back handed the pale skinned man making him swing back and forth by the chains. Ryan laughed as did several close by Chaos demons.

As the large muscled man slowed and hung by the chains Haden saw his eyes were now closed.

The crewmen from before stated, "He's not breathing. You killed him".

Kreelo chuckled deeply and moved back to stand by the crates saying, "Ryan".

Ryan picked up a fist sized rock from the ground and hurtled it at the pale skinned man.

The impact caused the man to stir and he opened his eyes to stare hatefully at Kreelo.

Kreelo stated, "He gave his life once already. Sold his humanity to become a Cold Blooded. For power. To try and kill me. Stupid. You know of all the brouhahas in the Megaverse, humanity is the problem and the solution. I have something special for you humans. I am adding it to your master’s order, on credit. Rune can pay me later".

Ryan faced the Iron Guardsman and stated, "Blood Pillars. Rune will very much want these. We acquired these four pillars from a rival of hers".

Kreelo's voice grated their ears again as he said, "Rune will pay me for these next time. A sum forty times that which you brought today".

Haden blinked and started to say something but Ryan spoke first, "Trust me she will want to pay the amount. Now start unloading your payment and get these crates on you ship".

Ryan pointed at a half dozen human sized Chaos demons and said, "Help them".

The creatures moved quickly to obey and Haden sighed and said, "Okay. Let's get this done".

The transfer of payment and the crates took nearly an hour. Haden found himself glancing at the Cold Blooded several times as he helped move stuff.

At some point Kreelo had left and Ryan kept the demon creatures and human slaves busy assisting the process.

Ryan stood alone this time on the earth side of the portal. Ryan watched Haden and the Ley Line ship fly away, loaded full of blood weapons, demon power armor and the special delivery of Hell Pilar’s.

His thoughts were interrupted by sounds of battle.

Stefan must have heard it too as he made his way through from the pocket dimension of Kreelo to stand near Ryan. The two looked at each other and Ryan raised an eyebrow causing Stefan to shrug then sigh.

Casting invisibility on them the Shifter and Supernaturally augmented Crazie made their way closer to the shoreline and observed the five attacking the pirates.

Words formed in Ryan’s mind, sent by the Shifter, “Do you see that? Down by the shoreline. That’s odd.”

Ryan nodded, unsure if Stefan could tell, as they were invisible. Looking at the upper portion of what looked like a damaged power armor suit from the chest up he thought- damn, that looks a lot like one of Kreelo’s.

Turning to look at Stefan the Crazie frowned unable to see the Shifter.

Words played into his mind, “Seriously man, just think it at me, I’ll hear you.”

Ryan seethed in anger born of embarrassment but took a breath and thought, “That’s part of a Demon built power armor unit.”

The response from Stefan was immediate, “I see. Why don’t you return to the plant and I’ll see what these fellows have in store for the suit.”

Ryan didn’t like Stefan taking charge, Ryan was the boss. With a sneer the Crazy cursed inwardly and Stefan chuckled silently able to hear the Crazie’s inward muttering.

Ryan thought a “No. I’ll investigate this. You return and let Kreelo know what I’m doing.”

As the Shifter left Ryan shrouded in greater invisibility he smirked. He didn’t want to stay on earth, thus his volunteering to. Knowing Ryan better than most. It had worked out as planned.

Aware of several opening and closing Rifts along the many Ley Lines and nexus in the area Stefan had no shortage of power to draw upon as he slipped back into the dimensional pocket leaving Ryan to spy.

Ryan felt better about his decision once Stefan left. The Crazie enjoyed a good game of hide and seek and was curious about the intentions of those now in possession of the suit.

The assault is overpowering as the Agents of Titan drop in on the six pirate mercenaries gathered on the bank of Lake Michigan and the two prisoners next to the cargo you came for. Charging in! Laying down fire, and raining down shot after shot, accompanied by distracting taunts on the loudspeaker, the pirates really stood little chance of success. Blasted. Trampled. Assaulted. It’s over in a flash.
Your Simvan companion states dinner is served in an attempt at humor or likely as a serious statement.

Both prisoners, presumably members of the Legion, are unconscious.
Looking quite beaten and bruised, both prisoners are likely Legion SET members. One, a human male with wild orange-red hair is passed out, gaged. The second is a D-Bee female Quick-Flex alien. She look’s barely conscious and in a similar state as the red head man. Weaponless and unarmored, the two still give off “we are Legion” vibes.

You now have a better view of the cargo you were sent to retrieve.

The Cargo
The Cargo

As the group search the area and make sure no pirates remain they are able to get a closer look at the suit of “alien” power armor they were sent to acquire. (Note it’s just the upper torso and head. This thing is damaged).

The thing definitely looks, not locally built.

Player Instructions

Common Knowledge Roll in Regard to the Cargo
(If you have an applicable skill that trumps Common Knowledge…
Roll it instead).
Fail - It’s a part of a power armor suit. I dunno, I don’t pay attention to who builds what.

Success - This is definitely not a product of any earth based technology company. Not Titan. Not the CS. Not Northern Gun. Unless there is a new power armor producer on earth that is just starting up. Its alien. Fo’sure. Beyond that? Beats me. Strange stuff comes through the Rifts every day

Raise - Looking inside as best you can you see that this thing is designed to interface with the pilot in a whole new level than anything you’ve see before. It’s not a matter of “jacking in” with an interface… it’s like every joint is set up to insert parts of the suit into the wearers body. Not earthly and boy oh boy it’s becomes one with the pilot. Definitely not a local company making this thing.

More than one Raise!?
- Same as Raise AND You’ve heard rumors of demon built power armor for use by demons and humans being sold in New Mexico and Nebraska. Just a rumor you pick up in your travels before teaming up with Titan. Guess that drunk Cyber Knight at Roland’s Bar in Northern Gun wasn’t full of bullocks after all. Demon power armor suits….

Write a Post that covers your interaction between your Characters and what you do now. Remember to review the Asset Recovery Mission Details Tag at the beginning of this Post.

You have roughly thirty minutes before you need to bug out fast. The tracker Sparky has transmits an audio signal stating: Enchanted Nuhr ironclad Pirate ship, the Mauler, detected thirty minutes out.

Nothing further. But good information to know. At the end of your post you will be headed north, back towards Michigan and onward to N. Dakota. Unless you stay to fight and die at the hands of the pirates? Take care of business and head out.

So Post away and once everyone does I’ll drop the next GM post. Rava might drop in here at this point?

Additionally, everyone take a Bennie for fun posts and getting off to a great start.

EDIT — BE SURE TO READ THIS!

Clearing the area you find a few items of note. Toss ‘em in the Lake. Keep ‘em. Trade with each other. Whatever is fine. Just letting you each know what you personally find that the pirates had.

Sparky. Page 54 of Atlantis book. New Vibro Weapons. Pick one. Additionally, the chest plate of the demon armor has two odd grenades attached to it. You can remove them and keep them.
See page 44 of HoH. Type II Fusion block (however they are grenade size).

Berk. Lizard guy had a nice pouch on his hip. As you consider eating his carcass you see it partially open. It glitters inside. There are 4000 credits worth of precious stones inside the pouch. He has an camo cloak you can take that grants an +1 to Stealth rolls. Also page 54 of Atlantis book. New Vibro Weapons. Pick one.

Lance. Fishing pole and gear. Bag of zip ties (30). Geiger Counter: Detects Radiation levels, and types of radiation with an Electronics or Science roll. Also page 54 of Atlantis book. New Vibro Weapons. Pick one.

Caiden. Axe. The axe that the Nuhr dwarf was using.

Rupetta. Note the below “everyone” note. You find 40 rounds of silver bullets in addition to the ramjet. Silver Ammo: Solid silver bullets are prohibitively expensive—a single small- caliber bullet costs 1,000 credits—but silver-coated ammunition proves just as effective. Designed with hard metal jackets with a veneer of silver, silver- coated bullets suffer no reduction in accuracy or stopping power. Small (.22 to .32 caliber) bullets cost 50 credits apiece, medium (9mm to .45 caliber) bullets cost 100 credits each, and large bullets (for .50 caliber handguns and most rifles) cost 200 credits apiece . Silver-coated arrowheads and quarrels can also be purchased for 200 credits each. Also page 54 of Atlantis book. New Vibro Weapons. Pick one.

Everyone can pick a mundane fire arm and have 40 rounds of Ramjet rounds for it. Ramjet rounds are Hyperkinetic (ignore Sloped Armor), increase the damage die a type, +4 AP, and all attacks deal Mega Damage. The ammo does take a toll, firearms using Ramjet rounds are subject to Technical Difficulties and +1 on the table. Credit cost is ten times the amount listed in Savage Worlds under Ammo. Ramjet rounds sell out quickly and suffer −2 Rarity.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Sparkmort Zipwidget

CK 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12

Sparkmort skids to a stop in front of the container, pulling it open and taking a peek at what's inside. Looking the contents over carefully both with his suit's sensors plus good old fashioned mark I eyeballs he can feel his eyebrows trying to crawl up his forehead in surprise.

"Holy shit boys and girls, if this is what I think it is... wow." Gingerly reaching into the crate Sparkmort gets a firm grip on the suit and pulls it out into the open. Taking care to make no more contact with it than necessary he tramps back to the Mammoth setting it gently in the bed of the vehicle.

"I've heard stories about these things and you'd think they were just a bunch of tall tales but it sure looks just like they described it. If I'm not mistaken what we're looking at is what's left of a suit of DEMON possessed Power Armor and ain't that some messed up shit right there. Probably need to find some cargo straps and tie that sucker down. Don't think it'd be a good idea to leave that thing bouncing around in the back of the truck all the way to North Dakota."

Turning back to the site of the recent firefight Sparkmort points to the two Legionnaires. "Not to complicate things further but what are we gonna do with those two? Don't like the idea of just leaving them out here like that. It would just be a race between whether it was exposure or some more pirates that killed them if we leave em here. We could truss em up, put a bag on their heads and dump them off a the first outpost we go by. They couldn't have gotten a look at us and they wouldn't know us from Proseck anyway."

His suit's servos whine a bit and his suit clangs as he puts his 'arms' on his 'hips' and glares at the hopefully former demonic suit again. "This kind of thing never ends well in my experience. Sure wish we had a mage handy to give this thing an all clear."
"Don't Panic"

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Berk

Post by Berk »

Common Knowledge: 1d4!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Result: 7 - Success. This is definitely not a product of any earth based technology company. Not Titan. Not the CS. Not Northern Gun. Unless there is a new power armor producer on earth that is just starting up. Its alien. Fo’sure. Beyond that? Beats me. Strange stuff comes through the Rifts every day

Grabbing the pouch of
Worth 4000 Credits
and the
Dam: Str+d8+1 AP: 8 Min Str: d8 Weight: 4 Rarity: +0 Credits: 9K Notes: Thrown Range 4/8/16; with a raise Shaken or Wounded targets are impaled and Distracted until the harpoon is removed.
, Berk gets out his survival knife and starts field dressing the Lizard guy's corpse for transportation. The entrails and other less preferred parts are thrown to Stompy who gulps them down with enthusiasm.

"For the Legionnaires, I say we tie them up and drop them off at the nearest settlement. Now the
Detect Arcana (d10 -> d12+3 due Armor -> d12+5 due Major Psychic
  • Psionics: 1d12!!+5!!: [1]+5 = 6
    Wild: 1d6!!+5!!: [3]+5 = 8
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise. Detect arcana allows the recipient of the power to see and detect all supernatural persons, objects, or effects in sight for five rounds. This includes invisible foes, enchantments on people or items, weird science devices, and so on. With a raise, the caster knows the general type of enchantment as well - harmful, obscurement, magic, Miracles, etc.
We can throw the armor into the cargo of the Mammoth while the Legionnaires catch a ride on Stompy with me. We can leave the storage unit with them when we drop them off in the next town we get to and say that we found it with the pirates and thought it was theirs. I can stabilize them with my Powers if they seem in need."

I wonder what species this
Common Knowledge to Identify
  • Common Knowledge: 1d4!!: [2] = 2
    Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
    Result: 3 - Fail.
person was... and will it taste mostly like snake... almost anything tastes like snake.

• Base
Rupetta

Post by Rupetta »

Common Knowledge 1d8!: [4] = 4
Wild Die 1d6!: [1] = 1

The cold air hit Rupetta in the face as she opened the hatch of the Mammoth APC to ensure that the coast was clear from the aftermath. Almost dumbfounded at how effective their surprise attack had been on the unprepared fortified force. She had seem similar at Tolkeen a few times before, but that was generally under very specific and desperate circumstances under cover of artillery fire from heavy CS war machines from the rear. It was telling that the group she was hit was definitely cut from a different cloth than a pack of simply experienced rank and file that had seen a few battles and decided to head out for some extra credits. The possibilities were both promising and concerning...

"I hate to be the callous asshole of the group... Well not really, but I do feel more than a bit out of place for it after listening to you lot." Rupetta spoke out loudly to the others so she could be heard over the wind now that she was no longer using the built in comms system of the APC. "But we're looking at a golden opportunity where one of them is passed out and the other is too dazed to positively ID any of us much less have any idea what happened. If we take them on a leg of a trip with that, that's bound to change pretty quick when they come to and want answers. Yeah, it wasn't explicitly said but I think that there was a heavily implied, having them know as little as possible as part of the deal. So here's what I suggest.... Wait, I'll meet you guys out back to lay it out. Come have a look-see."

With that Rupetta closed the hatch and climbed back inside. A few moments later the sound of the rear hatch decompressing along with safety alarm warnings to clear the area could be heard as the bay doors at the back were opened up via the held down heavy switch inside, slowly revealing the soldiers dishevelled face as she came into view, along with the cargo they had brought with them. With a loud THUNK! The door locked into place and a rear off loading ramp rolled out at an angle and onto the snow covered dirt. Next to her lay the aforementioned storage locker that had been one of the topics of discussion.

"The way I see it, the inside of this thing has one of two things. It's either a care package meant to help them heal up, get fed and cozy so they can make a safe trip home unaided, or it's gonna go boom as soon as one of them cracks it open once we're well away from the area." Rupetta gave the power armored gnome and the simvan riding a hulking beast a wry grin at this. "That way loose ends are tied up and we're none the wiser. But I'd say it's about fifty fifty either way. I'd have leaned in the latter direction but at the same time we also weren't explicitly told not to take a peek either. And I figure our bosses wouldn't be happy if we got splattered by high explosive charges before getting the job done. But then, he might have also picked us out for our propensity to go all this way and not think about looking inside in the first place. Guy is playing a nice game of chess if he's working off of plans taking our behaviour into account."

"So...!" Rupetta widened her grin then, giving the storage unit a swift kick to knock it a bit onto the off loading ramp. "Which one of you wants to do the honours? Either way I'd be more comfortable doing that than cracking open that alien piece of shit we gotta haul in here. Make it quick cause we don't have much time till the cavalry gets here. Or whatever the hell it is for boats. "
Sparkmort Zipwidget

"We aren't leaving those folks here to die so that's off the table and I'm happy to argue the point violently if you like. They don't know us and they aren't an obstacle to our taking possession of the cargo. So that's all there is to that." Sparkmort says flatly.

"We drop them off along with this container somewhere in the neighborhood of civilization and go on our merry way."

Noticing a pair of interesting looking grenades hooked to the chestplate of the wrecked armor he reaches out and gingerly plucks them loose. I wonder what these are? I'll have a closer look at them later when there's time.

"Now can one of you fine folk scare up some restraints and something to use for blindfolds and we can get moving unless you'd like to stand around all day arguing about it?"
"Don't Panic"

Sparkmort Zipwidget
Lance

Post by Lance »

When told of the armor's nature and origin, the Dogboy growls; there's several tense moments of discussion while he urges the complete destruction of the blasphemous machinery; only by persuading him that their bosses are clearly intending to eradicate it in a safe manner that does not release any demons trapped inside does the party prevent hasty action.

OTOH, when the discussion of the prisoners continues, he does have something more positive to contribute, once Sparkmort calls for restraints.

"Fate smileth upon us, my friends! I just happeneth to haveth acquiredeth some ties that zipeth!" He holds up the restraints. "Fortuitous, yes? I shalleth restraineth them securely." The Dogboy goes over to the prisoners and secures them by the wrists to one another, and the ankles as well, while someone else can take care of the blindfolds. Despite his mammoth frame he is quite gentle with them.

Once this is done, he picks up a few other odds and ends. The fishing pole and the Geiger counter are definitely in the 'odds' category. But he also manages to snag both a
It's a Desert Eagle designed by C&S to look like a buccaneer's flintlock pistol
with some ramjet rounds, and, along with the fishing pole, a Vibro-harpoon.

Slinging his newfound harpoon over his shoulder, he remounts Steed, and prepares to head out with the others.
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Preferred Attacks:
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
[*]Size +3
Rupetta

Post by Rupetta »

"Really??" Rupetta clasped her hands on her cheeks in mock shock at the statement from the gnome filled metal hulking figure down the ramp from her. "Hey! Hey everyone!" She suddenly shouted out. "The guy in the giant assed heavily armed power armor offered to use violence to make his point! I think I'm going to need to take a moment to recover from that bloody shocking surprise to my system. Hope you're not loaded with any more hidden depths like that in the future." The soldier sighed, lowering her hands and gaving a swift kick to the locker, pushing it back inside of the APC from the off loading ramp. Seeming to forget about her earlier concern that there could be something extremely dangerous inside of the locker, waiting as a surprise for the captured legionaries at a later time.

"Your call guy, but babysitting them is on you. And..." she made a hands on hips gesture. "I'll be happy to argue the point with ridicule and disdain if you like." She then grinned as she started tapping the button for the doors again, popping them slight bits open and closed, the look on her face taking on a sudden shift to a puzzled expression. "Also.... I uh... Don't really know what Lance is saying to be honest. I think it has something to do with... Those zap straps he's got with him? I'm really getting caught up in his upbeat mood though, always had a soft spot for dog boys. You just can't help yourself when you see them all devoted to.... Wait, why did he happen to have zap straps with him?"
Mau

Post by Mau »

Mau's voice comes over the radio to the team while he is still a ways off. "This is Mau coming in from your north. Sorry I missed your first skirmish. But I was on another job before Valintine told me to get out here." Establishing permissions to approach so the unit did not think he and his men where in the offence Mau moved in.

Once he was up close he looked around the team, his men keeping look out for other possible trouble. "This spot seems kind of hot. Do you need any help before we move out? Also, who is in charge here, I did not get much information before being sent out, or maybe I did, but it was shrowded in so much 'blah, blah, blah' that I missed it."

When it becomes appropriate Mau introduces his crew. "This is my fire team. Dylan, Laurie, Joe and Bruenor." Indicating each in turn.

OOC Comments
I will get an account set up soon and transfer this post to the account.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Feel free to interact with your newest member(s) to the Agents of Titan.

Role Play Away!!

Also:

November 24th, 109 P.A.

EX MACHINA REDUX

Mission Priority:
  1. Steal the cargo (You have done this!).
  2. Destroy the APC (The pirates you took out, they destroyed the APC already, so done!).
  3. Leave the storage unit for Legion to find (You have captured two surviving Legion members and left the cargo storage unit for them to find. - done!).

Go Time!

After acquiring the cargo you were dispatched to retrieve … from pirates (originally from the Legion - you found pirates had taken it from them already) … you find yourselves in the Freelands of Wisconsin. Your Mammoth APC now unloaded of the container you were directed to leave behind for the Legion to find and the cargo you came for loaded into the Mammoth.

Nestled along Lake Michigan, in the cold later part of the day., a lazy snow drifts lightly down as the Agents decide on how they want to proceed.

There is some “new group” “dynamics discussion” as to what should be the exact procedure of the next steps taken by the Agents of Titan.

Just what to do with the surviving Legion members and what route you wish to take to get from the heavily laden Ley Line and Nexuses of the Freelands to North Dakota.

New Medora is roughly 1000 miles (about 20 hours in the Mammoth/two days travel) away and you are transporting a large - abet half of a - piece of robot power armor vehicle in your assigned Mammoth APC.

What was it that the instructors stated in the introduction to Titan intake seminar? Forming, Storming, Norming, and Performing. Something about a bunch of individuals suddenly put together as a new team and having to learn to work together as one unit.

The old Titan Robotics intake officer barked out a lot of things that day. Some of the information was useful some less so...

"You are persons from all kinds of backgrounds and have not worked together before so keep a few things in mind about new groups and how they interact. Try and see the long picture and don't kill each other, there is a lot of profit you will miss out on if you fail...

So.

Forming, a team comes together to address a problem and propose solutions. Each member of the team orients themselves to the project task. They begin to establish relationships within the group. It’s typically a time of great positivity.

Right! then there is, Storming, is the most dangerous phase in terms of team success. Team leaders establish roles for each team member. This often brings out many negative aspects of group behavior. For example, it can lead to interpersonal conflict and “turf wars” as people stake out the parts of the mission they want to control. It can lead to members of the team not appreciating the perspective of others. Some people may even resist joining the team at all. This is a point where the team is most likely to fall apart. Don't!

Because next is, Norming, and a corner is turned. Team members buy into the process and begin to work together effectively. They develop trust with each other. The team achieves better cohesion as people find ways to work together, despite their differences.

Which leads to the money shot! Performing, the team begins to excel. Having put the needs of the group ahead of personal needs, the team begins to focus on a shared goal and find ways to solve any problems that come up. Typically, this means that the structure of the team is fixed, but the roles of each member are flexible.

And we are all rich."

Something like that. Whatever

Ultimately the decision is load up, grab loot, leave the two Legion members zip tied up and blindfolded and get moving towards North Dakota and where you are supposed to be setting up shop, in Titan Robotics newest manufacturing and sales base, in New Medora. This will require two full days of traveling across North America - from Wisconsin to the western part of North Dakota.

It is decided that [the blue route - per votes in OOC Poll] the best route is one that avoids the Coalition, Xiticix and ruins of Tolkeen as much as possible.

Of course this is Rifts and there is still plenty of trouble out there. Be it, warring bandits, wizards, demons or monsters, or a variety of different baronies, the distance will be compounded by encounters.

TRAVEL DAY ONE
Nov 24 (evening and night, leading into the morning of the 25th)

As the Agents travel northwest towards their destination of North Dakota the weather takes a turn for the worse. Snow gets heavier then seems to stop all of a sudden. The sun is set and then the rain falls. Winds pick up and even the Mammoth APC is effected by the strong gusts of wind. Any pilot/ride/drive skill checks are at a -2 due to weather.

A massive tornado is seen, twisting its way closer to you. It looks ... alive almost in the night sky. Crackling blue white light/energy ripples within the twirling mass of detritus and debris. It is ensconced in magical energy, like a rolling open nexus point - sparking, flaring and erupting with dimensional dangers. This weather phenomenon is a different, more violent and unpredictable event than any standard Ley Line Storm. Zone Twisters can cause all sorts of trouble, unleashing oddities, monsters, and danger as it rages across the land. Like a tornado, it can cut a swath of destruction, but just as often the Zone Twisters pass through buildings, trees and people as if it were a phantom tornado or a magical illusion. At the moment as it closes in on you rapidly you figure this one is hell bent on destruction and its moving so fast there is no way to get far enough from it to not feel the damage. The best you figure you can do is try to stay on its outsides and not get swallowed by its raging wind and crackling magics as much as possible. As it happens the even and majority of the night is spent dealing with this Zone Twister. See below.

Instructions for Day One
Savage RIFTS ~ Zone Twisters ~
(Adapted to Savage Rifts [not for publication or sale, just an example GM tool] from the Rifter 82, written by Dan Frederick and Megan Timperley, originally for Rifts: Chaos Earth. Original material is owned by Palladium Books)

As you battle your way through this insane weather, it feels as if a mad God was directing the hounding winds and magical annoyances at you. Over and again, the twister rages back and forth making several tearing swipes through were your group is. In reality, its just damned bad luck that as the twister beats down on you the mixture of terrain, weather and cosmic (sadistic GM) situation causes the twister to etch back and forth over you.

Every Player roll a 1d14 and give a eyeball to the corresponding number/encounter below. Please take liberty with this quick encounter. Change, add and alter it as desired. I mean, No. Rune Weapons don't rain down a plenty, but you will earn a bennie for your efforts. Note, if one of the results strikes your fancy just use it without a random roll.

Describe how things go and how you shine in the situation. Just like a Quick Encounter you pick ONE DIE ROLL and determine how it goes. Difficulty roll for this is at a -4 total. For this encounter you are just using your own one roll, no assists from any other outside force, however you can use bonuses you may have such as - example rolling Pilot and you have ACE Edge.

Zone Twisters

1.) The Ace Card: Vacuum
All of the air around the players vanishes as the space around them is D-Shifted into a void with no atmosphere. This condition only lasts for one round at a time but can keep happening, like hiccups, so no one is in real danger of suffocation, but the shock leaves anyone without an independent air supply with a -2 on Smarts related Rolls, and -2 to Shooting / Fighting / Arcane Rolls, for the next two melee rounds. Non-magic flame is snuffed out, and any vehicle with an internal combustion engine stalls and must be restarted (requires 1 round) after the Zone Twister moves on. Note the proximity of the effect is within line of sight of the Twister, and can be in or around the Twister up to a quarter mile away from it.

2.) The Two Card: Scattered
The player characters are all magically teleported and deposited in different directions, ending up 1D6x1000 feet (1D6x305 meters) away from their starting location, all in different directions. Gear - loot - people - vehicles, all over. You personally shine how in thi scavenger hunt for everyone stuff? What odd stuff do you find while searching?

3.) The Three Card: D-Bees
2D4 random humanoid D-Bees are transported into the area around the players. They are not hostile monsters, but are confused and frightened, and may lash out in perceived self-defense. See Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America. It might also be fun to throw some other world beings such as the slave stock D-Bees in Rifts® World Book 2: Atlantis or Rifts® World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market, at your players, and maybe even Minions of Splugorth torn from their own world or reality. Of course, you can also bring in aliens from any of the Rifts® Dimension Books, as well as other game settings (may require some modification) or D-Bees of your own design. Tell us how this transpires...

4.) The Four Card: Demons
1D4+1 demons – these can be Chaos Demons (see Chaos Earth® Creatures of Chaos), Archaic demons (see Rifts® Mystic Russia), Daemonix (see Coalition Wars®/ Siege on Tolkeen 2: Coalition Overkill), demons of Hades, Deevils of Dyval, or other demonic or demon-like creatures (Brodkil, Thornhead, Neuron Beast, etc.), from Rifts® World Books, Dimension Books, Nightbane®, Palladium Fantasy RPG® titles, and, well, anywhere. May substitute lesser deities and godlings. How does this transpire?

5.) The Five Card: Monsters
1D4+1 hostile monsters such as Xiticix or Black Faeries, Witchlings, Worm Wraiths, Fury Beetles, Devil Unicorn, Oborus Slitherers, Panthera Tereon, Giant Canyon Worms, dinosaurs, perhaps even Monstrous Bees or aliens/monsters from Rifts® Dimension Books appear around the player characters.

6.) The Six Card: Instant Nightfall
The sun is momentarily gone as the entire area reverts to night or an alien darkness or weird night like sky. Visibility is limited to about 200 feet (61 meters), half that if there are no stars or moon. Heat vision, infrared optics and passive nightvision optics can be of help. This night scene lasts for 1D6 minutes before everything returns to normal. What odd thing also happened or came out of the void?

7.) The Seven Card: Path of Fire
In the wake of the Zone Twisters is black, hardened lava with narrow streams of boiling lava flowing through it or a pool of lava. The area of effect is either a 1D6x100 foot (30.5 to 183 meters) long, 1D4x10 feet (3 to 12.2 meters) wide swath of scorched earth. The 2D6 lava streams are only 1D6 feet (0.3 to 1.8 meters) wide and may run a few yards/meters or the entire length of this new Path of Fire. A lava pool is 1D4x10 feet (3 to 12.2 meters) in diameter. Once created, they burn and boil for 3D6 years. Look out! Shuck, jive, dodge and parry!

8.) The Eight Card: Dimensional Blinkout
Suddenly, along the path of the Zone Twister is a lush, natural garden with Earth or alien fruit trees or berries as well as a fresh water spring. The food is edible and delicious as is the water. Enjoy it and eat or collect what you can, while you can, because this portal to Earth’s past or an alien garden of Eden vanishes without a trace in 2D6 minutes.

9.) The Nine Card: Ley Line Lightning
Magic lightning bolts cast out from the Zone Twister in all directions. Madly dash about and don't get struck. Static electricity remains in the air for 1D6 minutes causing havoc.

10.) The Ten Card: Gravity Spiral
The player characters and anyone within 50 feet (15 meters) of a small grey spiral, begin to “fall” upward and feel weightless. The heavier an object is, the higher it goes before the twister passes. Normal people are lifted 10-15 feet (3-4.6 meters) off the ground, and power armor, Combat Cyborgs and large characters rise 30 feet (9.1 meters), and robots, vehicles and giant characters 20+ feet (6.1 meters) tall rise 100 feet (30.5 meters) into the air. Anything that cannot handle the rough impact of hitting the ground suffers damage and may be possibly smashed apart. Vehicles may have to be flipped or righted before progress can continue. All vehicles lose 10% of their Toughness, big vehicles lose 20%. In this case, only the Mammoth will take damage not other rides, mounts or vehicles.

11.) The Jack Card: Relocated (Far)
The player group is suddenly teleported 1D6+1 miles (3.2 to 11 km) away to a new location. Roll 1D4 to determine direction, or just pick: 1 = North, 2 = East, 3 = South, 4 = West. Thankfully you pop back into this location with all your gear - however finding each other will be a chore. As it happens, mounts, rides, vehicles, power armor was not teleported. It’s located where it was, only persons were teleported. To make things worse, dropping from the sky, tossed out of the twister are (CS soldiers? Small monsters? Junk from the past as if an entire junkyard was picked up from the 20th century and rained down on this valley?)

12.) Same as #13 …. reasons! For most the fact that my brain fart of an idea is holding up the game!

13.) The King Card: Eye of the Storm
Everything is calm in the immediate vicinity around the player characters. They stand in awe as the world around them changes rapidly, one dimension swirling into another inside the Zone Twister. Any aliens, D-Bees, monsters, demons, etc. that are spun out of the tornado are hurled out of sight or trapped on the other side of the raging dimensional torrent. Conditions remain this way for 1D4 minutes before the Zone Twister bounces and moves on.

14.) The Joker Card
Same as 13. Reasons, Or, design your own encounter similar to those listed here.

GM plan of events in case you wondered
There will be a -
Travel Day One - Free form Zone Twister Encounter (Posted Feb 20)
Travel Day Two - More focused encounter (Feb 27)
Encounter outside Dakota, having to do with James T (March 6)
Arrival in Dakota and your new jobs here... (March 13)

Dates subject to your post rate.

Edit

Note

Per Discord

The Legion survivors were dropped off at a small settlement along with the cargo box. This was before they he Zone Twister popped into your lives.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Berk

Post by Berk »

1d14
[3.) The Three Card: D-Bees
  • 2D4 random humanoid D-Bees are transported into the area around the players. They are not hostile monsters, but are confused and frightened, and may lash out in perceived self-defense. See Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America. It might also be fun to throw some other world beings such as the slave stock D-Bees in Rifts® World Book 2: Atlantis or Rifts® World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market, at your players, and maybe even Minions of Splugorth torn from their own world or reality. Of course, you can also bring in aliens from any of the Rifts® Dimension Books, as well as other game settings (may require some modification) or D-Bees of your own design. Tell us how this transpires...

Stompy Assisting with Fighting
  • Fighting at -4 due Difficulty
    • Fighting: 1d8!!-4!!: [6]-4 = 2
      Wild: 1d6!!-4!!: [4]-4 = 0
      Result: 2 - Fail. No Help.
Psionics (d10 -> d12+3 due Armor, +2 due Major Psionics, -4 due Difficulty... Result: d12+1)
  • Psionics: 1d12!!+1!!: [10]+1 = 11
    Wild: 1d6!!+1!!: [4]+1 = 5
    Result: 11 - Success with Raise.

As the massive tornado approaches, it suddenly veers off, but not without leaving something behind. Five man-sized DB's with bright orange hair and bright green skin. They look fearfully at Stompy and immediately raise their guns and open fire. Roaring in anger, the Rhino-Buffalo charges them. Upset at them hurting his friend, Berk lifts his Storm Rifle and uses it throw them around to let Stompy live up to his name.

How dare they hurt my friend!!!
Last edited by Berk on Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

• Base
Lance

Post by Lance »

OOC Comments
1d14: [6] = 6 : Instant Nightfall

The roll: Riding
Riding 1d12!!-2: [11]-2 = 9
Wild Riding 1d6!!-2: [11!!]-2 = 9
Raise!
There is a point when the eye of the storm passes overhead, an hour or two before sundown; the sky grows clear for a moment, and everything seems calm, all across to the horizon.

And then something steals the sun. It doesn't set, and it isn't covered like in an eclipse; it's simply there one moment, low in the sky but still bright, and then the next heartbeat it is ~gone~. So, too, is the moon, missing from its orbit. The sky is wrong, as well--there is no river of stars making up the Milky Way; there are stars, but they are fewer, further between, with none of the usual constellations. There are patterns, though, alien and strange and disturbing; some of the stars are also colors not usually associated with celestial bodies--in addition to the white and yellow and red commonly found, there are deep indigo and violet and green stars.

Even as Lance takes this transformed skyscape in, the stars begin to fall. First one, then two, then a dozen, then by the score, the hundred. Long streaks of light, originating at the formerly stationary pinpoints and just coming down to strike near the horizons on all sides. As they fall, they illuminate a landscape transformed into endless, rolling hills with no signs of life. When they strike, there's a brief pulse of light from each, making an eerie light show, flickering and shimmering before they go dark again. The last, lone star, a brilliant violet one, falls, not at the horizon, but in front of the convoy, perhaps a hundred meters or so ahead. As the blinding flare dies down, a form is revealed. It is some sort of creature, not quite snake and not quite cat, but having traits that call both to mind, as if the word 'sinuous' had decided to take flesh. The long body has an odd number of limbs--more on the left than the right, which should make in clumsy, but instead seem to make it horribly, viciously fast and nimble.

It coils and rears in front of them, nearly five stories tall. It makes a sound that is most akin to a caterwaul, but is fraught with meaning--they understand the creature's intent in their minds, even though the language--if such it can really be called--is utterly alien. FEAST-TIME. END OF THINGS. HERE THE LAST. YIELD--ACCEPT FATE. Steed rises up in fear, rearing back until nearly fully vertical, but somehow Lance manages to stay on, and eventually gets his mount back under control.

With a whine, his lance-drill comes to life, snapping out to full extension, and he spurs Steed forward, thundering hooves striking the earth, and lands a long, glancing blow along the flank. It does not harm the creature visibly, but it does snap its head around in confusion as the dog-boy rides past, baying and howling. Even as the Thing reorients on Lance, the ersatz knight wheels around and charges again, again a side-swipe that the creature is unable to fully comprehend. Another caterwauling wail. WHY FIGHT? WHY NOT YIELD? WHAT?

Confusion gives way to consternation, and then to rage, as Lance merely responds with one passing charge after another. As fast as the Thing is, Steed and Lance are simply too nimble, evading and bypassing its strikes. He even leaps over the whiplike barbed tail once; another time, the Thing actually bites its own leg off as its jaws fail to close on their target.

However, this cat-and-dog game can go on only so long; eventually, the creature manages to move so that Lance has less room to maneuver, and will surely be trapped by the next vicious claw-stroke. Just as it seems doomed, however, the Thing snaps its head up at the sky, and hisses. PERHAPS NOT. And the sun is suddenly there, again, and as everyone's eyes adjust, they see that the creatures are gone and the landscape is back to the woodlands they had been passing through. There is a snake in the road, but Lance's drill-bit simply dips as he runs past, turning the hapless creature into a puree.

Without a word, the dog-boy resumes his post, his tongue out and lolling but otherwise showing no signs of exhaustion. Nothing remains of the brief interlude, save questions, not the least of which is, 'Why would a robot horse rear up?'
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Preferred Attacks:
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
[*]Size +3
Rupetta

Post by Rupetta »

”What the hell was that??” Rupetta shouted over to Caiden, screaming out while the strange tornado blew right through their APC without seeming to cause any damage at all, aside from giving them the largest jump scare she had ever experienced as a seemingly certain death appeared to be ready to hit them in the face. After what seemed like a moment of tense silence, she let out a slow relieved exhale. Good, they had gotten through the worst of it. Nothing could possibly go wrong now.

As soon as that thought left Rupetta’s head, a flashing warning on the STS showed sudden eruptions from the ground ahead of them, as large fountains of molten hot lava started to inexplicably burst from the earth into pillars of flaming death that began to rain down on them in torrents.

”Shit shit shit shit shit!” Rupetta yelled out of the radio to Caiden, realizing that he probably couldn’t hear her before when they had first been hit. The magnified optics screen showed that the tornado had left a blackened trail in its wake upon the ground and had somehow coaxed the magma from within the ground onto the surface, where it had left a zig zagging pattern exactly in the path of their speeding vehicle.

”Are you seeing this Moe??” She called out loudly, for some reason still calling him that even after having established that she had made a mistake earlier with his name. ”I’ll get us through this, don’t you worry! I watched a training video way back on how to navigate an active minefield once and nearly stayed awake for all of it. You got nothing to worry about! Go left, go left! No! Your other left!”

Her cocky attitude was a mask to hide her fear at the raining doom in an effort to keep Caiden as calm as possible and focused on the task ahead while she attempted to
1d14: [7] = 7 The Path of Fire
Rolling Notice, STS +2, scene -4. Net -2
Failure (2)
Notice 1d6!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild Die 1d6!-2: [3]-2 = 1
the dangers. ”Left again, stop! Okay now go, zig back and right, wheel around the shit ahead we got hot rain incoming, go go! 45 degrees north west then full stop!” Came the hurried instructions, which to the drivers credit were followed to the T.

Unfortunately what went unnoticed was a giant sinkhole filled with the oozing substance that Rupetta hadn’t spotted in her efforts to get their tank out of the way of the more obvious bursts of flame, each time only missing the vehicle by a hairline. The vehicle suddenly lurched violently as its massive frame tilted forward and sunk into the molten crevice, going so far as to raise the back of the vehicle upwards as it became stuck. The frying sound of the liquid rock beginning to burn away at the armor plating on the wheels. Thankfully they were mega damage plated as with the rest of the vehicle, but that didn’t mean they had forever before they became dead in the water.

Climbing out the rear hatch, Rupetta started throwing off the side a set of giant metallic tow cables, hooking them to the frame as smoke and red skies surrounded her. Pieces of rock raining down and clanking over the APC as it hit and sizzled. With the soldier just barely rolling to the side as she narrowly missed falling death.

”Sparky! Berky! Sir Lanceith! APC is down! We need help pulling it out! You guys read?” She called out frantically over the comms, hoping that the others had fared better than her.
Mau

Re: 1.) Part One, Asset Recovery (Michigan & Wisconsin)

Post by Mau »

1d14: [9] = 9
Sparkmort Zipwidget

Re: 1.) Part One, Asset Recovery (Michigan & Wisconsin)

1d14: [9] = 9

Piloting 1d8!!-4: [6]-4 = 2
Wild Die 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1

Spend a benny
Piloting 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Spend another goddamned benny
Piloting 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Spend another damned benny
Piloting 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

And another
Piloting 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

The first bolt of lightning shoots out of the Twister missing Sparkmort by less than a foot, blowing chunks of earth out of the ground and throwing his Samson from his feet. Reacting quickly Sparkmort rolled back to his feet and pushes his suit to the max to avoid the barrage of lightning, all the while arcs of electricity arc across his armor playing merry hell with his systems. When the rain of bolts finally subsides Sparkmort is half amazed he's still in once piece. Glancing around he sees that everyone somehow made it though in one piece.
"Don't Panic"

Sparkmort Zipwidget

Return to “Ventures”