The Quarry

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Town Square

Post by Corrigon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:00 am

White Hoof and Freya

After hearing a few worrying reports regarding troop movements, the Leadership at Castle Refuge had decided to reinforce 3rd SET with extra personnel. White Hoof and Freya were assigned alongside a Crazy called Heracles and a Human LeyLine Walker called Manuel.

Allocated a Big Boss ATV and the designated patrol route, White Hoof, Freya and the two other recruits set out to rendezvous with the rest of their squad as soon as possible.
Along the route provided, the team arrived at a town that had not been on the map, near a minor leyline. The locals were very cautious around them and had urged them to leave. Very quickly, it became apparent that the town was a fadetown which were somewhat rare outside of the magic zone and it was about to shift.
The Leyline erupted with energy and before the squad was able to escape, everything exploded into bright white.

When White Hoof and Freya came to, there was nobody else around; no town and no squadmates. You were now in the middle of what appeared to be a quarry.

OOC Comments
Freya, please make a notice roll regarding the fadetown and another for the quarry.

Both of you, please make any relevant technology related knowledge rolls you may have.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Town Square

Post by White Hoof » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:46 am

OOC Comments
White Hoof has no knowledge skills so I'll roll streetwise for anything relevant. Total roll 11
Skill 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5

Nice first roll made with the character and it's an ace.
Hoof looks around seeing that they are the only two present and let's out a bull like huff annoyed.

"Gorammit...

I miss wall guard duty. You can't plan for anything out here with all the kuso random teleporting that always happens.
It looks like we lost Wolfgang, Pierce, and our goram ride."

"Gorammit..."


More than a bit annoyed White Hoof stands looking around as he checks the status of his weapons.

"Stick close string bean. I'll take any hits thrown at us, you focus on finding out if we are even on the same dren reality and if so, how do we can contact our assign squad"

Hoof pulls out his plasma ejector and cocks it. The weapon hums to life as a faint red glow appears deep inside the barrel.
OOC Comments
common knowledge roll
Smarts 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Last edited by White Hoof on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: Town Square

Post by Freya Kay » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:22 pm

OOC Comments
Town Notice Roll: 9
Notice: 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
Notice Ace: 1d8 = 3: 3
As they come out from the ley line burst, Freya let out a curse at not seeing their vehicle around.
"And I had just tune the engine!
She smiles at seeing White Hoof getting ready to protect her. It make her feel at ease knowing at least he was there, and that she wasn't alone.
"I will stay back. Be careful. I am not sure where are we."
She quickly activates her TW Optic Googles and scans around the pace (1 EP used).
OOC Comments
Quarry Notice Roll: 4
Notice Ace: 1d8+2 = 3: 1
Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Science rolls:
Knowledge (Common): 22 1d10 = 7: 7
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6
Knowledge (Arcana): 9 1d10 = 9: 9
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6
Knowledge (Engineering): 8 1d10 = 8: 8
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2: 2
Knowledge (Science): 2 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2: 2
Knowledge (Any Other): 9 1d4 = 2: 2 (Untrained)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6
Techno-Wizardry: 7 1d10 = 7: 7
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5: 5
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 4: 4
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Town Square

Post by White Hoof » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Freya Kay wrote: "I will stay back. Be careful. I am not sure where are we."
Hoof nods at her warning.

"Don't bend you head string bean. I might not be the most subtle of chromed up runners but I know the biz. You just worry your pretty head about where we are. I'm scanning for some verdammt cover."

White Hoof's combat pcu is calibrating as it scans the area for cover and a good place to stealth. As he looks White Hoof askes...

"String bean, are you an adept or Wiz? I've seen some fancy gear in my time but yours seems simple and chrome at the same time. In my experience that usually means magic."
OOC Comments
Stealth (-2 for being a combat cyborg)
Skill 1d8-2 = 5: 7
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2


"I think I found a good place with cover and a decent vantage with good LOS. I don't like being this rutting exposed."

"Fallow me chummer."
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 am

There is no sign of life in the quarry. Numerous pieces of machinery lay scattered around as if abandoned

The ground slopes slightly towards the far corner, where water has collected in a large stagnant pool

Further up, the entrance slope has collapsed partially, making it difficult to travel in that direction.
Attachments
87092658.jpg
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Town Square

Post by Corrigon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 am

White Hoof wrote:
OOC Comments
common knowledge roll
Smarts Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4
The air tastes fresh and as you are used to, though with a hint of dust from the quarry and certainly the stone in the quarry is common to the region you were travelling through.
Freya Kay wrote:Knowledge (Common): 22
The quarry is definitely in Missouri, you can tell by the trees and the colour of the stone.
Freya Kay wrote:Knowledge (Arcana): 9
Fadetowns are common to the Magic Zone. It is rare to find one outside of that region.
Fadetowns tend to take all their inhabitants with them. The fact that you are not with the Fadetown is very unusual
Freya Kay wrote:Knowledge (Engineering): 8
The machinery looks to have been around for a few years and abandoned within the last two years. It hasn't been maintained, but still looks in reasonable shape. Interestingly, a few pieces of machinery look to have had pieces removed.

As you activate your optic goggles, there does not appear to be anything obviously magical that you can see, but in the distance you can sense a leyline less than a mile away.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:35 am

Freya moves behind the big cyborg, looking around, worried about where are they and what is happening.
"I am just a grease-monkey, but I can use the ley energies to power up the equipment. But we can talk about me later. It is not unusual for a Magic Zone fadetown to move away, but it is strange we didn't move with it. We are still in Missouri. There is a leyline a mile in that direction, and this equipment looks like it has been abandoned for a couple years. But I fear I am not sure what is happening."
[OOC: I fathom all our equipment was with our now lost vehicle? In particular Freya's Hoverboard.]
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am

Freya Kay wrote: [OOC: I fathom all our equipment was with our now lost vehicle? In particular Freya's Hoverboard.]
Anything you would reasonably have had on you when in a town and very little notice of something weird about to happen you can have. Basically you don't have access to your vehicles for now.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Freya Kay wrote: "I am just a grease-monkey, but I can use the ley energies to power up the equipment. But we can talk about me later.



Hoof lets out a huff...

"I think you misunderstood my question as pleasant banter. I like to know the capabilities of those I am running with. It makes for more efficient unit interaction. I have never been one for idle chit chat. It is farely obvious what I can do but you do not wear you skill set as an outward appearance like me."


It is pretty obvious that White Hoof is rather gruff when it comes to social interaction and this is not meant with the intent of offense but is just how he communicates. White Hoof stands between some of the old rusty equipment and points to a good spot for Freya to stay out of sight.

"that should be a good place for you to lay low and take cover if any hostiles appear. I can cover the lines of fire until you figure out where we need to go."
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:01 am

OOC Comments
What are your current plans?

You are currently hiding by some old wooden crates, that have partially rotted through, but will provide partial cover partially into the quarry from the south west corner. You landed a few metres away from the crates. Now that you have moved away, you can see there is sizable indentations in the ground where you woke up like you hit it with a thump.

There are four major pieces of machinery including what appears to be a generator to the Northwest in a corner, a lift that has seen better days to the North and a ride on digger currently parked near the pool of water in the south east.

One piece of machinery is right out in the middle that Freya can't identify from a distance.

Several trees are growing up one side of the quarry


I will try to provide a map a bit later - just don't hold out a lot of hope for the quality of the drawing :)
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 am

[OOC: Plans? No clue whatsoever. Maybe try to find where are we, and then try to go back to "civilization", whatever that is.]
Freya hides where White Hoof tells her, and peeks around trying to be as discreet as possible.
"What is that?"
She is unable to identify a piece of equipment, and that draws her interest in the same way a flame does to a moth. She makes a bee line for it clumsily crouching (or trying to).
[OOC: Playing on of her drawbacks.]
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 pm

White Hoof lets out another huff and fallows Freya trying to keep her covered.

"Gorammit, running out into the open is not how one optimizes their rutting cover string bean."

White Hoof does what he can to protect the inquisitive young woman as she exposes her position.
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:49 am

Much to White Hoof's consternation, Freya rushed out into the centre of the quarry. Thankfully for them both, there were no explosions, gunfire or traps (or any Mr Johnsons looking to double cross them).

As Freya reached the equipment, she was surprised to find that unlike the industrial equipment she would expect in a quarry, this item is blatantly of technowizard construction. All White Hoof can tell is that it looks like it has been constructed by a child with wires all over the place.

OOC Comments
Freya have a benny for playing to your hindrance

A technowizard can figure this out quite easily
Can I have a knowledge Arcane or technowizardy roll please for you to figure out what the item is.

If you want to repair it, technowizardy roll please

Could White Hoof and Freya make notice rolls please

Success - there is a lot less dust on the item than the crates had on them, despite being in the open
Raise - The item has been installed after the quarry shut down
Attachments
th.jpg
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:57 am

OOC Comments
Thanks for the benny.
Techno-Wizardry Roll to Identify (with +4 for Machine Maestro): 1d10+4 = 10: 6
Techno-Wizardry Roll to Repair, if safe (with +4 for Machine Maestro): 1d10+4 = 13: 9
Notice Roll: 1d8 = 6: 6
Freya's eyes gleam at the sight of the machine "hidden" in this lost place. She starts poking and proving it trying to identify it, and even fix it, if possible (and it's not a bomb or something clearly very dangerous - if only a little dangerous she will think about it).
"Let me see what this baby does... it seems to have less dust than the rest of the place, maybe it was used recently."
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:07 pm

"hmph... Hopefully it can help us figure out our fracking twenty. I'd like to know our goram position."

White Hoof curses inwardly for not getting the targeting software upgrade and motion detection unit installed before leaving for the mission. There was just no time.
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:34 am

Freya smiles widely.
"Look at this beauty! It is like my Scanner, a way to detect arcane energies. But the power! The size! It should be able to pinpoint a small charge miles away at least! It is missing some components... the data core can be tricky to replace... the power converter would be a piece of cake... don't worry baby, mommy will patch you up as soon as she is able."
White Hoof gets the impression Freya has completely forgotten about the "marooned with no idea where they are" part of their predicament, and will happily stay here, fixing the machine, for the next decades if it comes to that.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:00 am

Hoof grunts

"And how long do you suppose that will take string bean? Cause if it's anything longer a few hours we should maybe worry about our goram coordinates and how to get back to civil-rutting-lization."
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:17 am

Freya, completely concentrated in the machine, getting dirtier by the second, answers distractedly...
"This part... I think can make it work... shouldn't take long..."
"Shouldn't take long", in this context, means "it will be done when it is done". She will have to be taken away from the machine if White Hoof wants to go anywhere in the close future.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:17 am

Freya Kay wrote:Freya, completely concentrated in the machine, getting dirtier by the second, answers distractedly...
"This part... I think can make it work... shouldn't take long..."
"Shouldn't take long", in this context, means "it will be done when it is done". She will have to be taken away from the machine if White Hoof wants to go anywhere in the close future.
After about five minutes White Hoof grunts.

"So... are we closer? We really need to do something about this whole being lost thing."
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Freya keeps working on the machine.
"Lost? Be a darling and see if you can find an arcane paraphysical power capacitor around."
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Grunts...

"Yeah, I'll get right on that. I don't known what a rutting para-whosa-whatsit even looks like. What I do know is we are goram lost.
If you want to stay and fix your magic rust maker that's fine. It might be worth some good salvage but we should dia diabhal try and contact our squad first."

"They might be in trouble and need our backup and I already have enough rutting blood on my conscience."
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Freya looks at White Hoof like she has only realized he is standing there.
"Don't be silly, a paraphysical... Yeah, you are right, it's hard to describe."
She stands and looks around.
"But how are we going to find them?"
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 am

Freya Kay wrote: She stands and looks around.
"But how are we going to find them?"
"I don't rutting know, look for them maybe? I'm not the one with all the techno-wiz gadgets. My job is to make it so things don't work the way they are supposed to anymore when they get in my way. Why dontcha use some of that obvious brain power you got to get us un lost."
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:55 am

Freya smiles widely and stands thinking for a second.
"Thank for thinking that of me! You are a dear! Ok, we got this big scanner here... maybe I can change it to allow us to detect the geo-magic-line configuration of the region, including Nexus. If we incorporate the sun position and the time, we should be able to pinpoint our position with less than half an arc minute precision. We will be out of here in a minute!"
She gets to work, trying to build an item to detect where they are (and near nexuses if possible).
OOC Comments
Build Roll: Critical Failure! :S
Roll (with Machine Maestro Bonus): 1d10+4 = 5: 1
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1: 1
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 am

Initially Freya manages to power the device up and believes she has it working.

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

Then the top dome of the device turns red and starts emitting a deafening alarm noise that echoes out of the quarry.
OOC Comments
-2 to notice rolls
-1 to attack rolls as the noise is so loud
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 pm

OOC Comments
Is it going to blow?
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Freya Kay wrote:
OOC Comments
Is it going to blow?
OOC Comments
Good question. If Freya looks confused after a few seconds of loud beeping White is gonna drag Freya away before it blows up or something big shows up to try an eat us. :)
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:32 am

Freya Kay wrote:
OOC Comments
Is it going to blow?
Does you want to stay close enough to check the device?
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Freya's face gets ashen.
"Oops! Sorry for that! Let me fix it."
She will close to the device and seek a way to undo whatever she did wrong, trying to avoid any explosions or bad things from happening, and then try to turn off the alarm.
OOC Comments
Techno-Wizardry: 9
Techno-Wizardry Roll: 1d10+4 = 9: 5
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5: 5
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:33 am

Freya's head felt like it was going to explode with the alarm so loud and being right at the epicentre.

White Hoof's nerves were being frazzled by the noise that he had to filter it out with his audio package, but that left him unable to hear much.

After several minutes of being subject to the noise, Freya is able to shut down the alarm, but she is left with a headache and ringing ears.
OOC Comments
Freya, take a fatigue level for the effect of the noise on you.
The quarry is left eerily quiet except for the odd small rock crumbling off the sides.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:42 am

Freya stands and tries to take some dust from her.
"SORRY FOR THAT! I GUESS I SHOULDN'T HAVE CHANGED THE POLARIZATION OF THE OSCILLATOR! GIVE ME SOME MINUTES TO GET THIS HEADACHE OFF, AND I WILL TRY AGAIN."
She looks at White Hoof.
"AM I SHOUTING?"
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:04 am

OOC Comments
A little extra information - it looks like the scanner went into some sort of meltdown. Several parts are fried and require replacing. This will require a few days work to get operational again.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:42 am

Freya makes a funny face and slumps her shoulders.
"I THINK IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME FOR ME TO FIX IT. FANCY A WALK? I THINK WE SHOULD LOOK AROUND TO FIND OUR BEARINGS."
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:53 am

The 3rd Set and Lieutenant Cornell loaded themselves up in Penny's Mountaineer ATV Mk II and set off in the direction of the alarm Heracles could hear in the distance, except for Mica who followed alongside on her bike.

The gate guards whooped at you on the way past, obviously thinking you were on the way to save their missing townsfolk.

The sound seemed to originate a few miles away and as you got closer, the louder it became. You were travelling alongside the river for a couple of miles when suddenly, the noise cut out and the area was eerily silent now.

"I did some surveying in this area a few days ago." Lieutenant Cornell mentioned, "there is an old quarry about a mile and a half from here that I have been planning to check on. That might be a good place to start."

Continuing to travel in the same direction, you are greeted by a strange sight as you turn round a wooded bend in the river; a TW Zone Runner wedged on its side in the middle of a copse of trees.
OOC Comments
Notice rolls for everyone please
Success
The vehicle looks to be unoccupied.

Raise
There is some damage to the vehicle as if it has been thrown into the trees uncontrollable.

Heracles recognises the markings on the vehicle as the vehicle Freya Kay was driving when they stopped in the Fadetown.
Attachments
vehicle wedged in tree.jpg
vehicle wedged in tree.jpg (12.51 KiB) Viewed 2246 times
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:17 am

Notice 9
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4+4 = 5: 1
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Savant rides along happily, occasionally making almost-flirting comments to the CS trooper, just to gauge his reactions. But that stops when she sees the beautifully absurd image before her.

"You're all seeing this, right? It's not just the implants?" From her tone, it's clear that if she had eyes, they'd be sparkling....
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:16 am

Notice 8 - Danger Sence Triggered
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 = 3: 3
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6
Notice Wild die Aced: 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Once they are finally about a mile away from the town Kidemónas says. "Finally I can stretch out and breath." Releasing his power and allowing himself to again go into his true form he take a very long hard stretch before taking flight and following his friends. "Great idea about the stretchy band, I feel like I can still chat."

Slowing down to look at the vehicle stuck up in the trees Kidemónas asks. "That is weird, why do you think someone put it up there? Do you want me to get it down?"
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 am

Savant nods at Kid, briefly grim. "Obviously, it was vultures, probably as part of some larger scheme. If you're willing to risk any countermeasures they have in place, I do think it would be good to disrupt their plans by retrieving it. Never let the Avianaty have their way when you can help it."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:50 am

Not being aware birds ever really came quite so large as himself Kidemónas looks around suspiciously for the aforementioned birds. "Fair enough, stand back in case parts break off."
After seeing the others are clear Kidemónas lifts the vehicle out of the tree so it can be examined in closer detail.
Strength 9 success with a raise
Strength roll 1d12+5 = 9: 4
Strength Wild Die 1d6+5 = 6: 1
Estimated weight of truck = 8,000 lbs
Maximum Lift = 10,000 lbs. TLPG page 65
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:28 am

Freya Kay wrote:Freya makes a funny face and slumps her shoulders.
"I THINK IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME FOR ME TO FIX IT. FANCY A WALK? I THINK WE SHOULD LOOK AROUND TO FIND OUR BEARINGS."
White Hoof nods a waits for Freya to begin moving before he follows her.
OOC Comments
Notice roll -2 for noise
Skill 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:07 am

Freya climbs out of the quarry to look around, and get her bearings.
"DO YOU SEE ANYTHING FAMILIAR?"
OOC Comments
Notice: 3 - Fail
Roll: 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild die: 1d6 = 2: 2
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:15 am

Question for GM
Do we hear the deaf people ahead of us yelling? Notice for the scene was an 8.
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:32 am

As you look around for an exit, you realise that there is a pathway around the side out, but as you follow the path up, you come a point where the path has collapsed, leaving a several metre wide gap to traverse.

From this vantage point, you can more clearly see an elevator and a generator in the corner.
OOC Comments
well, you did both fail your notice rolls
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:33 am

Kidemónas wrote:
Question for GM
Do we hear the deaf people ahead of us yelling? Notice for the scene was an 8.

No, you are still about a mile or so away from the quarry.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:40 am

Freya Kay wrote:Freya climbs out of the quarry to look around, and get her bearings.
"DO YOU SEE ANYTHING FAMILIAR?"
OOC Comments
Notice: 3 - Fail
Roll: Original post: 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild die: Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
White Hoof shakes his head no but points at the elevator.
OOC Comments
Notice roll: total 5
Skill 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Freya shows a big happy smile.
"GOOD SPOTTING! LET'S GET OUT OF THIS PLACE!"
She goes to the elevator, and does whatever she need to put it in work order so they can go out.
OOC Comments
Notice: 4
Roll: 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
---
Repair: 6
Roll: 1d10+2 = 5: 3
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4: 4
---
K Engineering: 3 (+4 if TW)
Roll: 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2: 2
---
Technowizardry: 5 (+4 if TW)
Roll: 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 pm

White Hoof makes sure to keep his eyes open for anything coming to investigate the noise.
OOC Comments
Notice
Skill 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"

Re: The Quarry

Post by Heracles » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Heracles keeps them on the right track while the alarm is audible. When it stops he shakes his head. "The noise has stopped now, but I will do my best to get us there even still." He nods to the Coalition officer, even though wary of him, "Our quarry is at the quarry? How apropos!"

He frowns as they slow down and see the vehicle up in the tree. He raises an eyebrow at Savant's explanation of how the vehicle must have arrived there. He tilts his head to the side and then up to look at it better. "Zounds!" He looks to the others. "I know that vehicle! I was traveling with the people that belongs to before the Fade Town disappeared and flung me to you. We must search for survivors! The Minotaur, Freya and Manuel Lah'Borre might be nearby!"

He grins as the dragon takes his form and flies. He lets out a booming laugh. "Well met indeed, young dragon!" He waits for the vehicle to be retrieved.
OOC Comments
Notice (+2 Olfactory).
Notice Dice 1d8+2 = 6: 4, Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5: 3.
Last edited by Heracles on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Flesh Wound (Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

User avatar
Mica Nowel
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Mica Nowel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:16 pm

OOC Comments
notice 1d6 = 1: 1
wild notice 1d6 = 6: 6
ace wild notice 1d6 = 4: 4

notice roll for scene: 10
note: sorry for the late reply, my computer was not being happy yesterday and is still not happy.
Mica follows behind Penny's vehicle on her cyclone in bike mode. over the radio, "That is not something you see everyday."

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:17 am

OOC Comments
Good thing
Lieutenant Cornell looked uncomfortable, though it was not clear whether it was from Savant's inappropriate comments or Kidemonas in full dragon hatchling form. He wasn't looking at either as he climbed up through the roof hatch and started examining the area.

Swooping in, Kidemonas grasped hold of Freya's Zone Ranger and strained as he lifted it out of the trees, which seemed to groan and they stopped sagging as the weight was removed.

As Kidemonas placed the vehicle on the ground, you can hear things rattling around inside and on the left side, there is a huge dent in the metal.
OOC Comments
Anybody with tracking want to make a check?
Success shows that there are no footprints or tyre tracks in the area other than those caused by your group.
Meanwhile in the quarry, Freya managed to get the generator working for a few minutes as it was dilapidated and out of juice. Using her consummate technical skills, she eaked some power out of it and very soon Freya and White Hoof were in the lift.

The lift itself had creaked and there had been grinding noises as it took you up the several metres to the top of the quarry and the main path. As you exited the lift, there was a final gasp of power as the generator gave up the ghost and shut down.

Out of the quarry area, you can see some woods in the distance to the north west and a river to the south west. Taking a second to look back, you realise quite how large the hole in the path is, but the rocks down below look like they had been squashed a bit.
Your radios crackle to life and you can barely make out some voices chattering on the frequency your squad had been using before you had been separated.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Penny Wise
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Penny Wise » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:37 am

"You absolutely do not see that every day." Penny stopped to take a picture, then approached the vehicle, carefully looking around for signs of life. "Everyone be careful where you step, I'm looking for tracks."
OOC Comments
Tracking: 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2: 2

Notice: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5: 5
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:42 am

Seeing Penny preparing her camera Kidemònas poses as he fills his chest up a bit, turning so she has a nice 45 degree angle and lowers the car a but more slowly, not wanting it to blur, and thinking perhaps she is impressed by his strength and will be writing about his adventures.
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"

Re: The Quarry

Post by Heracles » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:35 pm

Heracles looked to the dragon. "I hear something inside that vehicle. Did anyone else hear that too? Should we leave the vehicle here for the moment? I am not versed in directing vehicles."

He raised an eyebrow at Pennywise and looked for tracks as well since he thought it was the quarry for the destination, but would attempt to look as well. "I see no tracks but the quarry is where we should go. We MUST find my allies!" He remounted the vehicle, looking impatient to get going again. He wanted to find his friends and quickly
OOC Comments
Loyal Hindrance triggered.
Notice +2, (+2 Olfactory): Notice die 1d8 = 7: 7, Wild die 1d6 = 2: 2 = 9.
Tracking +4: Tracking die 1d6 = 1: 1, Wild die 1d6 = 5: 5 = 9.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Flesh Wound (Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:47 pm

Freya talks to the radio.
"Hello? Somebody on this channel?"
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Notice X
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 = 2: 2
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 2: 2
Kidemònas looks around at his friends. "Did you hear that? Someone is using our channel.".
Over the radio he answers back. "Yes we are using this channel for the Tomorrow Legion. You should pick a different one so it is not cluttered by chatter."
Looking to his friends he assures them. "Nothing to worry about I imagine they got on our channel buy accident."
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:48 pm

With a grunt Hoof clicks on his radio.

"And why in the ever goram blazes would we do that? This Specialists Freya and White Hoof of the 3rd SET 'an this is our frequency. This better be one of our squad mates or I mite just lose my normally oh so charming disposition. Over."
OOC Comments
Notice roll
Skill 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"

Re: The Quarry

Post by Heracles » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 am

Heracles' eyes widen and he smiles. Even so, however, when he gets on the radio he lets out a snort. "Bah! Minotaur, do not lie to these people! You are never charming and you use these curse words all the time that make no sense. I am glad to hear Freya's voice once more, at least, but, did she have to bring you with her?" Then he laughs, obviously glad that they are still alive, and his voice held amusement the entire time.

"Oh! We have come across your land vehicle, Freya. It was stuck up in a TREE!"

Then he focuses. "Are you currently in a quarry? I lost you all after the Fade Town and have not been able to find any of you. Is Manuel with you as well?"
OOC Comments
Notice 6 (+2 Olfactory): 1d8 = 4: 4, 1d6 = 4: 4.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Flesh Wound (Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 am

Savant claps Heracles on the back, with a thump that would've staggered an unaugmented human. "Oh, this is good news, friend. Yes, let us retrieve your wayward colleagues; we could use the reinforcements for the battle to come!"
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Notice 6
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 = 4: 4
  • Notice Roll Ace: 1d4+4 = 6: 2
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 4: 4
Kidemònas looks at Heracles understanding he knows these people and decides to ask for help. "Hello Minotaur I am Kidemònas. I did not realize you where one of us. As Heracles said we should meet up. But also Heracles heard a noise out here and thought maybe someone was in danger. Did you hear a roar like an alarm?"
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:34 am

Freya blush, but only White Hoof can see it.
"Yes, sorry, that was me. It is under control now. Heracles! Handsome boy! I am glad you are ok! And Manuel is with you? And about my ride... in a tree? Is it ok?"
Last edited by Freya Kay on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:16 am

Though Heracles is impatient to leave and collect White Hoof and Freya, Penny takes a few moments to check out the area, where she finds no vehicle tracks or footprints.

In the time it takes Penny to look around with Heracles, Savant and Mica standing watch, Kidemonas flies over to the quarry and picks up White Hoof and Freya, who are very glad to be back on terra firma after flying with the dragon hatchling.

There are no further noises from the vehicle.
OOC Comments
okay, you are all together. Now time for you to plan for a few days and we'll move on to the rescue.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:49 am

Lieutenant Cornell sighed as he saw the new arrivals and seemed to mutter something under his breath.

"So what is the plan now?"
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:03 am

OOC Comments
Notice
Skill 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
When Hoof sees a CS officer traveling with the group he grits his teeth and growls. Placing himself between the threat and Freya he grips his plasma ejector ready to act.

"Can somebody please explain to me why there is a rutting CS officer with us who hasn't been morted yet."
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:13 am

Notice X
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 = 4: 4
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 5: 5
Looking at Penny Kidemónas appears fully confident as he says. "I will sneak in unnoticed and tackle the Robot. I will try to use my amazing powers to force the pilot out of the armor. If he does not leave I will tear him out so I can keep it as my trophy."
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 am

Savant moves, quickly, to interpose herself between White Hoof and the CS flunky, gently setting her hand against his chest. "Easy, there, Tall, Pale and Horny. Yes, he's CS, but he's helping us. There's someone using Brodkil to abduct the local villagers; he's got a lead on where the Brodkil are holed up, maybe even where they are holding the captives." She lowers her voice to a murmur. "Also, I don't believe we're technically at war with the CS, right now--and having been at Tolkeen, I'm going to say right now, starting a war with them would be a bad idea all around. It just gets innocent people killed, and feeds the crows and vultures."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:57 am

Freya face gets a little whiter.
"Hostages? Brodkill? Oh no!"
She goes to shake the CS officer's hand.
"Freya Kay, a pleasure to meet you."
She turns towards the others.
"Let me check the vehicle, so we can go and save those hostages. In a tree, you say?"
Finally, she looks around.
"And where is Manuel?"
OOC Comments
Notice: 3 - Fail
Roll: 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
While checking the vehicle she comments to the others.
"Maybe I can rig something that makes us invisible, or at least harder to see, so we can approach unseen. And maybe something to teleport or let the hostages out unarmed."
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:38 am

She smiles at Freya. "Technomancer? Wonderful! Though maybe something to help the others see Brodkil who are cloaking themselves would be more useful--I hate to killsteal just because the others can't get a bead on them. It's not sporting. Also, it means I have to concentrate on the weaker ones, without the cybernetics."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Freya Kay
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freya Kay » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Freya smiles.
"Just a grease monkey, I am no "technomancer" or anything like that. And invisibility detector? Yes, I can do that!"
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm

"Helping us my goram dikku!"

White Hoof points at the officer with a huge mechanical hand.

"He more than likely the one orchestrating this entire rutting shindig. I'd say I don't trust him as far as I can throw him but I'm pretty sure I can toss him really goram far."

White Hoof lets out a sigh then relaxes. looking at the officer Hoof speaks through grit teeth.

"I've said my peace. Now I'll fallow orders but if you so much as twitch in a way I don't like I'm gonna turn you into paste. This groups safety is my main concern and don't test me at my job. You'll lose."

White Hoof then looks at Penny

"Miss Penny, you are my new CO. What are your orders"
OOC Comments
to be clear I have not read the adventure even though I own it so if White Hoof is right I am totally not meta gaming.

Notice
Skill 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"

Re: The Quarry

Post by Heracles » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Heracles frowned deeply at White Hoof's open hostility. While he understood it, and even shared it usually, there was a time and a place for it. He turned his frown to Freya and the frown turned sad. "So...Manuel is not with you then?" A heavy sigh. "I fear the worst, but hope and pray that I am wrong. Perhaps he was merely tossed further away like we were from one another."

He took a deep breath and steadied himself. He turned his mind to the upcoming festivities. "I am somewhat stealthy, and could attempt to make myself even stealthier if needs be. I do not think sending in one person invisible, even if it be the dragon, would be a wise course of action. We should scout the area with our stealthiest and see what we are dealing with. Then we can make a solid plan. The robot should be our first objective, however, of that I agree."
OOC Comments
Notice: 19, (+2 Olfactory)
Notice die: 1d8 = 7: 7, Wild die: 1d6 = 6: 6, Wild die explosion: 1d6 = 6: 6, Wild die explosion part deux: 1d6 = 5: 5.
Last edited by Heracles on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Flesh Wound (Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

User avatar
Penny Wise
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Penny Wise » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:34 pm

Penny shook the hands of the new comers in turn, flexing her fingers slightly to return feeling to them after encountering the minotaur's grip. "Yes, he's CS, but even if he's as bad as CS are supposed to be, I'd rather he was bad right in front of us than behind us. Right?"

Penny then turned to the others. "Freya, an invisibility detector would be outstanding. Kide, I have a question: can you turn into any form, not just a human? I doubt they'd see a dog - the four-legged kind," she hastened to add, glancing at Heracles. "As any kind of threat."

"If not, here's what I propose. Those of you who're agile and quiet can form two-person teams to recon the area. Smaller than that and you won't have anyone watching your back; larger than that and there's too great a risk of being spotted. I have a little sneaking-around skill but I'm not about to give a cyber-ninja a cyber-run for their cyber-money. But I can do it if I have to."

OOC Comments
Notice Die: 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1: 1
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Kidemònas looks at Penny and replies with the obvious insecurity of youth as he mumbles unable to sustain eye contact. "I have not mastered that yet."
The a little more confidently he adds. "But a dragon is always a threat."
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 pm

There's something inherently unsettling about an eyeless woman blushing. "I am agile, boss, but not stealthy. Get me too close to my targets and, um, things'll probably get loud, really quick."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:15 am

"I have basic stealth training but when I was rebuilt the focus of my frames design was survivability over stealth so all the clunky-ness might give away my rutting position. Perhaps Freya and myself can wait for a signal on the outskirts and roll in hot in her truck when needed."
OOC Comments
Notice
Skill 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:27 am

Notice 4 - Knowledge Battle 1 modified
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 = 2: 2
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 4: 4


Kidemónas Knowledge (Battle) Roll: 1d4-2 = 1: 3
Knowledge (Battle) Wild Die: 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Kidemónas thinks he is ready to get on with things. "Excellent, we have a plan and I see nothing wrong with it. Savant, Freya, you and Penny can wait in the vehicle for the signal with Mica. While Heracles, the Necromancer, and I move in. When you hear their screaming and dying you know it will be a good time to move in and start shooting."

Looking at Freya he asks. "So about that thing that lets us see invisible and maybe turn invisible. Can I do anything to help you make those, and when can we go?"
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:46 am

Savant grins at Kidemonas. "I like this plan, with one small modification." With that, she clambers up on top of the truck, sitting on the hood with her back to the windshield, and one leg bent underneath her, to be able to leap forward. One hand grips her sword; the other holds tight to whatever seems sturdiest. "Doors are a pain."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
White Hoof
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by White Hoof » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:49 pm

White Hoof steps into the bed of the truck and it creeks sinking a few inches under his weight. Pulling out his multi barreled gatling rail gun it makes a heavy "ca-chunk" sound as he cocks it.

"Shiny. Let's get these people."
OOC Comments
Notice total 10
Skill 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d12
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8 (+1d10 running); Parry: 7; Toughness: 32(16)(+1 toughness from coat); Strain: 1

Full character sheet http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 823#p11823

User avatar
Mica Nowel
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Mica Nowel » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:09 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1

repair check for servicing her weapon and equipments
repair 1d6 = 5: 5
wild repair 1d6 = 5: 5

smarts check to see if she thinks the plan is sound.
Smarts 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild Smarts 1d6 = 5: 5
smarts ace role 1d6 = 6: 6
2nd smarts ace role 1d6 = 4: 4
notice: 2
repair: 5
smarts total: 20
Mica has been listening to the planning as she checks out her H-90 Gallent and other gear to make sure it is in working order. "if three people are going forward, how is that two person teams?"

User avatar
Penny Wise
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Penny Wise » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:46 pm

"If none of us are especially stealthy, a stealthy approach isn't a good idea." Penny stroked her chin. "Okay, here's an alternative - loudness as its own special kind of quiet. Like Kide said, a dragon is always a threat - and a credible distraction. We can try to use Kide to lure some of their forces away while Freya ensures - with that invisibility detector - that there aren't any surprises waiting back at the base. I'm not keen on charging in willy-nilly because it's a good way to get hostages killed. How does everyone feel about this instead?"
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5: 5
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Notice 3
Kidemónas Notice Roll: 1d4 = 2: 2
Notice Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
The look of inpatients fades from Kidemónas face as he thinks about the proposal. "An excellent plan as well, nothing these lesser demons have could hurt me. and perhaps if I look surprised they will give chase until I can lure them to you guys."
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Freemage » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:56 pm

She looks at Penny and Kid, perhaps just a wee bit impatient, like a guitar string waiting to be strummed for a power-chord. "Drawing them out is a solid idea, but we can't assume they will all follow Kidemónas, either. They may have orders to kill everyone if their base is found--we need to move in as soon as they are aware they've been discovered, or we run just as much risk from caution as we might from haste."

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:27 pm

His frustration returning as things again go into discussion mode Kidemónas blurts out in an aggravated tone. "I do not care what we do, I do care when, there are people held prisoner and every time we are ready to go someone says something to slow us. I am not going to spend days talking while those people are held prisoner. At this point I do not even care about the trophy. I am going within the minute, who is coming with me?"
Looking at Freya he adds. "I would greatly appreciate your magic, especially the ability to see these things. But if you need more time before helping I understand, but I must still go now."

OOC Comments
Kidemónas looks for responses anyone who looks ready to move he takes with him. If people begin to hem and haw he will simply fly towards to river with those willing to be carried.
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"

Re: The Quarry

Post by Heracles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Heracles shakes his head as his plan was dismissed out of hand and the dragon is instead set to be bait. He rolls his eyes at the dragon. "And people have called ME impetuous." He lets out a sigh and waves his hand. "Pah. Whatever. Let us go save people then."
OOC Comments
Notice 6 (+2 Olfactory)
Notice Die: 1d8 = 2: 2, Wild Die: 1d6 = 4: 4.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Flesh Wound (Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Savant arrives at the Quarry a little while later, and turns her head to see if the other two are still with her. If Sula made the trek, she points down. "Once Miss Freya has fixed that up, we may be able to use it to pinpoint your dashing lad, assuming he has some sort of magical signature. According to Freya, the basic design is meant to identify such things at a distance of many miles. Indeed, combined with my own gift of far-sensing, we could isolate and examine the entire countryside around here over the course of a few days."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Sula » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:49 pm

"Um, you're not expecting me to fix it are you?" She eyes the device from a distance. "I mean I could check to see if it has magic but I am not good with machines. They tend to break if I touch them."
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 2/3
PPE: 30/30;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:53 pm

She chuckles. "Oh, no--we have a techno-wizard for that--maybe even two, from what I overheard earlier. But I was thinking we might be able to find some more signs of why it was placed here." She turns to Heracles. "Can you pick up any scents, especially anything else mechanical or of constructed origin in this area?"
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:19 pm

You are stood at the top of the entrance slope to the deserted quarry; this was where Freya and White Hoof found themselves after their incident with the Fadetown. A few metres away is a lift, but there does not appear to be any power to it. Further down the slope, a several metre wide gap has formed where it has collapsed. From here, you can see that the rubble has been squashed flat on top.

Down in the quarry itself, there is the device out in the open; it is not currently making any noise.
In the corner is a stack of boxes slowly rotting away.
OOC Comments
With the use of climbing equipment, agility or flight, you can make down the sides of the quarry or try to make it over the gap caused by the collapse

Investigating the device – it looks somewhat fried internally. As none of you are techno wizards, it looks like it has been put together by a child, but Heracles and Savant can certainly attest to the volume of the alarm that went off. Any further investigation of the device will require repairs

Tracking/notice roll for Heracles – success he can smell something from the collapsed section
raise - it has a slight hint of sulphur
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"

Re: The Quarry

Post by Heracles » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Notice 5 or more
+2 from being Crazy, possibly +2 if olfactory applies.
Notice die 1d8 = 1: 1, Wild die 1d6 = 3: 3.

<narrows eyes at the Notice die and thinks about giving it a stern talking-to for future rolls>
Heracles traveled with Sula and Savant, quiet but not pensive. He seemed content, for once, to be making idle chatter. Maybe something was on his mind, or maybe he was just focused.

He gave the air a sniff as he walked closer to the collapsed area. He narrowed his eyes as he took in the various smells. His head tilted to the side. "There is...something there." He rubbed his nose and tried another sniff, but then shook his head. "I can't tell what it is, sorry. But there is something in that area."
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Flesh Wound (Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Savant nods to Heracles. "We need to get down into there, I think... And..." She considers, then gets on her radio. "Penny? Has Kidemonas left you yet? If not, it would be helpful, when he comes to the Quarry, if he could bring my pack from Widow Mikkelson's. It has some tools we may find useful." After a pause, she continues. "We are going to poke around that strange artifact; Heracles can scent something inside it. If any of you would like to join us, perhaps Kidemonas could give you a lift, as well."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Sula » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Sula looks down at the device again but remains quiet as Savant calls for Penny. The idea of trying to climb down there isn't a pleasant one so if Kid will oblige she would be much happier.
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 2/3
PPE: 30/30;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:36 am

Arriving at the quarry Kidemonas lands next to Savant and Sulu. “So what is the plan, do we need to do something, are we looking for like a special rock or something?” Kidemonas sounds distracted as if he would rather be somewhere else, but if the humans want to look for rocks at the rock farm he can understand that. Savant has always been cool and treated him very well, recognizing how lucky she is to have the worlds biggest dragon as a friend so he loved helping her, even if distracted.
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:42 pm

She grins at Kidemonas. "I doubt it is a rock. Heracles' keen nose has picked out something strange within or under that device down there. Now, we need to be gentle with it, as I believe the techno-wizards are hoping, ultimately, to repair it. But in the meantime, we would greatly appreciate a lift down to the basin--the climb down, right now, is fairly treacherous. I could probably tumble down the slope with minimal risk, but not everyone is as adept at that particular maneuver."
Ignore this if Viv didn't come along if Viv didn't tag along, but I think she did.
Savant tilts her head at Kid's already occupied back. "Ah, welcome back. You said you're a technician, yes? That could be useful down there, then."
She gives Sula a boost up onto Kid's back, and then she and Heracles can join the other rider(s). If Kid needs to carry someone so that everyone can fit, Savant cheerfully volunteers.
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"

Re: The Quarry

Post by Heracles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Heracles shrugged at Savant and waited for the young dragon to show up. "I mean...I have rope, and a climbing kit." He paused on the word 'kit', saying it as if testing it, like saying a word he had heard before but wasn't entirely familiar with. But Savant seemed content to wait for the dragon so he let it go. He wasn't afraid of a climb. He was a demigod after all.

When Kidemonas showed up, Heracles smiled a little at him. It was still at times a bit strange to see the group he traveled. A dragon. A blind woman who fought as well as he did. And a unicorn girl. Previously a minotaur - and that just brought back all sorts of memories, didn't it! - and a formerly a spikey-headed demon-looking person. What a strange world indeed!

Heracles climbed up on the dragon, still half-tempted to climb or just jump down. But he refrained and let the dragon see if he could fly them down first.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Flesh Wound (Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

User avatar
Vivian Parker
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Vivian Parker » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:50 pm

Notice #
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Common Knowledge #
Smarts 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
***

“I know computers and locks,” Vivian said. She was still getting used to this dragon thing, but since he wasn’t eating her, the flying was actually cool. She hadn’t been afraid of heights since she was little. Rooftops were often the best way to get around -- or escape -- in the Burbs. “If you need something fixed, I’ll need a skill chip,” she acknowledged.

The others clambered up, and Viv gave Sula a hand up. She couldn’t help stare at the creature’s horn. She wondered just how valuable it was.

“Can I touch it?” Viv blurted out. Well, at least she’d asked.

***
Conditions
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Elan:+2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 3/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 60; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
  • Bullseye!: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.
Character Tracking
Invisible to tech (3r)
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 4/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 60; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 0/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • Contact: Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help her in her current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Savant » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Savant nods her understanding to Viv. "Very well, then we shall simply investigate with due caution." When Viv asks about Sula's horn, Savant's mouth makes a small "o" shape, and she blurts out, "Me next!" as she clambers off of Kidemonas to the base of the quarry.
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Sula » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:37 pm

"Bwah-wha-?" The poor teen was taken aback by the requests to touch her horn. "I-I...um, please be gentle." She blushes and leans her head a little forward.
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 2/3
PPE: 30/30;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: 3rd Set "The Losers"

Re: The Quarry

Post by Heracles » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Heracles stopped and slowly turned to look at the two very excitable and excited people wanting to touch Sula's horn. "Friend Sula. You do not have to if you do not want to. We do not wish you to be uncomfortable," And he looked first at Savant and then at the newcomer Viv. "DO WE?" He paused a moment, one furry eyebrow up.

Then he turned to look back at Sula and grinned. "But if you will not be too uncomfortable by it, I think it might satiate their curiosity." He chuckled. "Back where I am from, wonderful and magical beings of all sorts were much more commonplace. You are not someone or something to be stared at, but a person to be friend to. I am glad you are here."

However, he watched to see how Viv and Savant reacted to the horn-touching with great interest.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 6 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 20/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace).
  • Flesh Wound (Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Sula » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:03 pm

She smiles at the dog boy. He was so sweet! "Thank you, Heracles. I think it probably is better to let them sate their curiosity now rather than later."
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 2/3
PPE: 30/30;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Kidemonas » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:25 am

Kidemonas pipes up. "So I do not understand, what kind of a rock are we looking for here?

I know you guys said it was important that we come here. But no-one said why?"


Then thinking for a minute he adds. "And don't worry about locks, I can open any door."
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 37(16) / 13(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills: Fighting d6, Knowledge (Arcane) d6, Magic d6, Notice d4, Psionics d6, Tracking d4, Shooting d4, and Stealth d4.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Action Cards: In the Zone
  • Lucky Break Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Sudden Death Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.

Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 3rd Q 2018 Posting rate
ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • None


.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: The Quarry

Post by Corrigon » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:56 am

Down in the quarry floor, the dust and sand are disturbed as Kidemonas lands, carrying the rest of the team down. The beating of Kidemonas' wings disturbs the boxes, causing a few of them to fall over or finally give up the ghost and collapse.
OOC Comments
Notice rolls
success - there are a couple of dents in ground, one at least ten foot wide, the other much smaller, maybe five foot or so.
Across from you is the collapsed pathway.

The device sits there in between, sitting obtrusively in the middle of the quarry

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?
OOC Comments
Anybody investigating it can tell that several of the components are burned out and it needs repair.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Penny Wise
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: The Quarry

Post by Penny Wise » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:45 pm

"Huh." Penny zoomed in with one cybernetic eye, trying to stifle a laugh at the discussions of touching Sula's horn. Well, I suppose the opposite of xenophobia is xenophilia, and I suppose that's got its downsides too...
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1: 1
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles

Post Reply

Return to “Garnett Town”